PDA

View Full Version : Monta out for Philly - maybe more games.

rocketman0621
12-30-2011, 06:49 PM
OAKLAND – The Warriors will be without shooting guard Monta Ellis for Saturday’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers at Oracle Arena. Ellis missed practice on Friday and is in Mississippi for the funeral of his grandmother, Mary Cole.

“Bottom line is he’s a family member going through something right now,” Jackson said. “Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. He can take as much time as he sees fit. There’s no pressure at all. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.”

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Monta-Ellis-will-miss-Saturdays-game-aga?blockID=621866&feedID=2799

steveweve
12-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Curry-Rush-Wright-Lee-Biedrins

Get err done

lol, please
12-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Curry-Rush-Wright-Lee-Biedrins

Get err done

Agreed.

TrueFan420
12-30-2011, 07:15 PM
curry has to play and cant roll that ankle again casue if were without ellis and curry this team is ****ed

Lloyd Christmas
12-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Dang

rocketman0621
12-30-2011, 07:32 PM
My heart goes out to Monta, but I really hope he can join the team on the road. Kinda scary not to have him & Curry at the same time. Hopefully Rush is inserted into the starting lineup. I aint got much faith in Klay yet at this point.

TrueFan420
12-30-2011, 07:42 PM
My heart goes out to Monta, but I really hope he can join the team on the road. Kinda scary not to have him & Curry at the same time. Hopefully Rush is inserted into the starting lineup. I aint got much faith in Klay yet at this point.

idk about that i like what rush brings to the second unit and yes if no monta he should play alot of those minutes but i like the idea of him coming off the bench and bringing all that energy

asandhu23
12-30-2011, 07:55 PM
Of course, I feel for Monta. Monta, rest up for however long you are out.

Monta is beast
12-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Family first. Monta has done so much for this team, and you can tell his head isn't in the game right now. This is in the best interest for Monta & the Warriors. I still think we can win with Rush at SG.

Fillygt
12-30-2011, 08:49 PM
That's sad. Wish the best for him and hope he comes back with a clear mind. But even then, that might take a while.

Sucks cause he's our best player, and totally sucks for me cause he's like the best player on my fantasy team. Now I got Eric Gordon and him out for a few games :confused:

Monta is beast
12-30-2011, 08:51 PM
That's sad. Wish the best for him and hope he comes back with a clear mind. But even then, that might take a while.

Sucks cause he's our best player, and totally sucks for me cause he's like the best player on my fantasy team. Now I got Eric Gordon and him out for a few games :confused:

Gordon is playing tonight. I got him on my other fantasy team.

Leandres_sf
12-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Obviously, it's tough to be upset at Monta for missing any time, but it will suck to not have him out there. Hopefully he's able to rejoin the team soon and Curry doesn't miss any more time. We need at least one of those guys out there...

Monta is beast
12-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Obviously, it's tough to be upset at Monta for missing any time, but it will suck to not have him out there. Hopefully he's able to rejoin the team soon and Curry doesn't miss any more time. We need at least one of those guys out there...

I think he will come back when we start the road trip. He just wants to get his mind right & pay respect to his grandma.

MackShock
12-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Curry will definitely play then...or we lose.

lol, please
12-30-2011, 10:40 PM
I really appreciate the attitude Mark Jackson has about this. God bless Monta and his family, may he return when he is ready.

Monta is beast
12-30-2011, 10:42 PM
I really appreciate the attitude Mark Jackson has about this. God bless Monta and his family, may he return when he is ready.

Yeah, Jackson lost his brother a couple years ago. I'm sure he knows how Monta feels.

MackShock
12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
whats good? im tryna hit 7000 posts tonight

steveweve
12-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Have fun with that bro
:D

Warriors4lyfe12
12-30-2011, 11:27 PM
I read that ish smith will start again against philly

Lloyd Christmas
12-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Stylez probably hates this.

likemystylez
12-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Stylez probably hates this.

ehhhh.... I dunno, its kinda frusterating.

I love how people give monta time cuz family comes first and bla bla. Monta didnt seem to be putting family first when he was having whatever relationship he had with that employee last season..... its interesting when a player chooses for family to be important to him.

his wife and son werent important enough to him to stay loyal.... but who knows, maybe this is different?

Monta is beast
12-31-2011, 12:06 AM
I read that ish smith will start again against philly

Where? I highly doubt it. The only reason he started last game was because he was the best available point guard. Curry & Rush is a better back court then Smith & Curry.

lol, please
12-31-2011, 12:36 AM

I love how people give monta time cuz family comes first and bla bla. Monta didnt seem to be putting family first when he was having whatever relationship he had with that employee last season..... its interesting when a player chooses for family to be important to him.

his wife and son werent important enough to him to stay loyal.... but who knows, maybe this is different?

You can't speak on what you don't know. Don't judge someone unless you are fully informed.

lol, please
12-31-2011, 05:23 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!
Monta AND Curry may miss the Sixers game :confused:
http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_19651526

MackShock
12-31-2011, 05:34 AM
Preach it phillies...I can't believe stylez isn't giving monta a free pass to attend his grandmas funeral..really?....:facepalm:

And he didn't even cheat on his wife..maybe he was flirting w this girl but she had to have flirted back for him to send her a pic of his genitals..do people not realize this? That it takes two to tango for their relationship to get to that point??

SugeKnight
12-31-2011, 08:25 AM

:pity:

asandhu23
12-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Like... that's hella messed up. his grandma died, man. Monta deserves time out. Grandma's are often the nicest people in the family.

saucy1
12-31-2011, 10:15 AM
clean out your own closet before you clean out someone elses lol or something like that .The dude is a youngsta with millions hes gonna make bad choices so dont be so quick to judge

likemystylez
12-31-2011, 11:20 AM
You can't speak on what you don't know. Don't judge someone unless you are fully informed.

people do it all the time, its called having a personal opinion. Its pretty much the foundation of these message boards... considering very few people know first hand what they are talking about in regards to nba basketball or pro sports in general.

likemystylez
12-31-2011, 11:27 AM
Preach it phillies...I can't believe stylez isn't giving monta a free pass to attend his grandmas funeral..really?....:facepalm:

And he didn't even cheat on his wife..maybe he was flirting w this girl but she had to have flirted back for him to send her a pic of his genitals..do people not realize this? That it takes two to tango for their relationship to get to that point??

1)I dont know how far he went, but his actions were not putting his family first.

2) The girl has no obligation not to flirt with monta, the article said she was single. She can do whatever she wants. Monta is the one with a wife and he is the one with an obligation to someone

3) Even if the girl was married and "it does take two to tango"... that doesnt make monta any less at fault and doesnt make his actions any less effective to his family.

4) Im ok with monta missing the game and this is nothing against a grandmother passing away. I understand its hard to go through that. I just said its frusterating which times he decides to put his family first. If he is going to be inconsistant... could he do it in a way where it doesnt effect the teams record?

5) Monta had a pass for going on the moped, hes out of PTO for the duration of his contract. If he was playing 75-80 games a year through out- It wouldnt annoy me as much.

likemystylez
12-31-2011, 11:31 AM
clean out your own closet before you clean out someone elses lol or something like that .The dude is a youngsta with millions hes gonna make bad choices so dont be so quick to judge

agreed, im not judging him... doesnt bother me what he does as long as it doesnt effect the warriors record.

Monta is beast
12-31-2011, 02:43 PM
And so they’re still analyzing all the data that we collected, and I changed to a different style of Nikes for tomorrow. Hopefully, that will help and I think we’ve found a fit to avoid those injuries.

Question: What’s the new one?

Stephen Curry: It’s called the Brave, the Hyperbrave. It’s a little lower and a little wider on my foot and it fits to my foot a little better than the ones I had been wearing.

Question: And you were wearing Hyperdunks before?

Stephen Curry: That one and another one called the Hyperlearners. They’re still great shoes. Nike. But with my foot it didn’t fit right and being secure on the floor is of the utmost importance right now.

Question: What’s the new taping routine?

Stephen Curry: Like I’ve done before, I’ve done taping and bracing to give it extra security. I don’t want it to be too tight where I’m not able to make the moves I’m normally making or it changes the mechanics of my jump shot. Because all that starts at the feet and works its way up.

I’m using a different style of tape and kind of anchoring it a little more so it naturally rolls in, so I’m not more prone to rolling my ankle to the outside if I’m running straight-ahead or making a cut or a move or something like that. I think it will work.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Addressing-ankle-Curry-will-change-shoes?blockID=622018&feedID=5882

If he's talking about the shoes he is going to wear, he has to be playing.

BrandoCommando
12-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Curry should just rock some Chucks.

Lloyd Christmas
12-31-2011, 04:09 PM

I really wish a player would bring back the high top chucks.

lol, please
12-31-2011, 04:16 PM

I really wish a player would bring back the high top chucks.

That would be epic :laugh: Currys ankle won't last a possession in those things though. Ellis or Lee should bring them back.

asandhu23
12-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Chucks were bad shoes. They look cool but they had no support whatsoever.

MackShock
12-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Stylez,

a death is different than infidelity. While I agree that Monta is being selective of when to care about family first, they are two totally different things. But it wont matter if we win the game tonight..