PDA

View Full Version : Will the Knicks be as good as everyone thought they would be?

PacersForLife
12-30-2011, 04:22 PM
I know its early, but the Knicks have looked a little disappointing so far. I don't know if it's just the team getting used to each other or what, but everyone thought they were going to automatically be an elite team in the league because they got Chandler. Chandler doesn't look like the same guy who helped Dallas to a championship from what I've watched. Maybe it will take a little time for the team to adjust to each other, but they had troubles keeping a big lead against Boston on opening day without Paul Pierce. They lost to the Warriors which I know is a tough stadium to play in when you are the visiting team, but I feel like that's a game they should have won. Then they got dominated by a Bynum-less Lakers squad. Are Knicks fans concerned or do you guys think they will bring it together soon?

chicago lulz
12-30-2011, 04:24 PM
I know it's early............................................. ......................

I'll give it time before making any judgement.

PacersForLife
12-30-2011, 04:28 PM
I know it's early............................................. ......................

I'll give it time before making any judgement.

:rolleyes:

justinnum1
12-30-2011, 04:29 PM
5-6 seed

not as good as people thought, they have a lot more problems than just a pg

sixers247
12-30-2011, 04:30 PM
If they can get a few mor epieces to fit around the stars they will be dangerous. but right now i say 4th seed

GREATNESS ONE
12-30-2011, 04:30 PM
They desperately need a pg and someone to set up the game easier for them, Nash would be a perfect fit.

D1JM
12-30-2011, 04:31 PM
They are what most of us thought they would be 4-7 seed. They should of spent the chandler money on a pg

PacersForLife
12-30-2011, 04:32 PM
5-6 seed

not as good as people thought, they have a lot more problems than just a pg

Yeah, without a legit pg I don't see them being the 3rd seed like everyone thought. It's yet to be seen what Baron Davis will provide, but from looking at his past 2-3 years I wouldn't expect much better.

gotoHcarolina52
12-30-2011, 04:33 PM
I still think they will end up a 3-5 seed

Hawkeye15
12-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Too early to tell. I still think they are much better built for the playoffs versus the regular season, because of their minimal depth.

KnicksR4Real
12-30-2011, 04:34 PM
We've sucked so far.

noodle
12-30-2011, 04:38 PM
When we get Jared Jeffries back on the court, we will spank everyone.

...next question?

nycericanguy
12-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Another subliminal Knick bashing thread.

Its been 3 games, and they're without Davis & SHumpert. MIA had a full training camp and struggled for almost 2 months.

Punk
12-30-2011, 04:41 PM
LOL I love how this guy trolls soon as we lose a few games.

1. It's too damn early.

2. We have key injuries to our backcourt

3. We are an offensive team having a struggle by shooting 30% in 2 games. That never lasts.

metsfanssince05
12-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Just think last year with the Heat. We should be fine.. Atleast I hope..

Chi StateOfMind
12-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Will the Pacers be as good as everyone thought they were gonna be?

Punk
12-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Will the Pacers be as good as everyone thought they were gonna be?

Pacer fans take so much pride in beating Detroit and Toronto. Yet, the couldn't even beat the Bulls once in the pre-season.

Geargo Wallace
12-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Get rid of that "coach" you guys have.

Sadds The Gr8
nope

Chi StateOfMind
Pacer fans take so much pride in beating Detroit and Toronto. Yet, the couldn't even beat the Bulls once in the pre-season.

In the season though they will own us cuz Paul George grew 2 inches. Remember?

meloman1592
12-30-2011, 04:50 PM
It all Depends on what Baron Davis we get. The motivated, ultra talented, scoring/passing dual threat....or the eddy curry baron davis. If we get the latter, we have no shot at anything because as much as i LOVE Carmelo Anthony, he's a scorer not a facilitator. And Amare..well he's just a not as good version of Melo who thinks he's as good as melo

Chi StateOfMind
12-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Knicks are struggling as are alot of teams. It's been like 3-4 games, give it a while. The only problem I have with the Knicks is defense. You can't win games when giving up over 100 a game bc you can't depend on your offense being on every night.

I personally like the Knicks alot and I hope they succeed bc I like their lineup. But as long as you have Miek D as a coach, it will be hard to be a defensive minded team. Best of luck to your Knick team tho.

Geargo Wallace
12-30-2011, 04:53 PM

He grew 2 inches??????

Just hand them the Larry O'Brien trophy now!

KB24PG16
12-30-2011, 04:54 PM
if baron davis comes back healthy the knicks can easily get 3-5 seed in the east but that is a big if

nycericanguy
12-30-2011, 04:57 PM
It all Depends on what Baron Davis we get. The motivated, ultra talented, scoring/passing dual threat....or the eddy curry baron davis. If we get the latter, we have no shot at anything because as much as i LOVE Carmelo Anthony, he's a scorer not a facilitator. And Amare..well he's just a not as good version of Melo who thinks he's as good as melo

Even during Davis' worst seasons he was always a good passer, NY doesn't need him to score, just to facilitate.

Davis himself has stated he's looking forward to being on a team where he doesn't have to score 20ppg.

He's going to be a big upgrade over Douglas as a PG

Broadwayjoe NY
You're not gonna win many games when you're best players are shooting around 30%, regardless of their defensive play. The defense has shown flashes, which is promising. We all know they are a talented offensive team, that part will naturally come around, just takes chemistry.

The seeding for this team doesn't matter, the only thing matters is that they make the playoffs 1) Healthy and 2) with chemistry;if they do that then not many teams are going to want to face them come playoff time.

DasBoot
Listen, it was another roster overhaul and they are still learning how to play with each other and how to play under Woody's D. The Heat had similar problems last year. Point is... by the time Playoffs come around they will be fine along with singing one or two of Kenyon Martin and Will Chandler. They'll be fine, they'll be bullies, they'll be in the top 3 when its all said and done.

numba1CHANGsta
12-30-2011, 05:01 PM
The Knicks will never win a championship under that system

bucketss
12-30-2011, 05:05 PM

his girl should feel it now i guess..

Hawkeye15
12-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I will say, its amazing how much crap Knicks fans have to deal with here regarding their team being relevant again. I haven't seen more than a handful of irrational Knicks fans make championship claims, yet countless threads are created about them and their future failures.

Slimsim
12-30-2011, 05:09 PM
We shall see so far doesn't look to good.

sixers247
12-30-2011, 05:12 PM
How come all of a sudden people think baron Davis is going to be a key to a team winning?? ugh i just don't get it. He is a fat lazy chucker. Might as well sign Gilbert too at least he is in shape. Clowns :punish:

Slimsim
12-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I will say, its amazing how much crap Knicks fans have to deal with here regarding their team being relevant again. I haven't seen more than a handful of irrational Knicks fans make championship claims, yet countless threads are created about them and their future failures.

Sometimes that all it takes to add fuel to a fire

noodle
12-30-2011, 05:14 PM
How come all of a sudden people think baron Davis is going to be a key to a team winning?? ugh i just don't get it. He is a fat lazy chucker. Might as well sign Gilbert too at least he is in shape. Clowns :slap:

Because he can actually run a point unlike Douglas. Unfortunately, we are also short on the 2. So, that will have to be fixed as well...still needs a lot of work.

Slimsim
12-30-2011, 05:14 PM
How come all of a sudden people think baron Davis is going to be a key to a team winning?? ugh i just don't get it. He is a fat lazy chucker. Might as well sign Gilbert too at least he is in shape. Clowns :punish:

Last night during a interview He look surprisingly fit.

Ty Fast
12-30-2011, 05:15 PM
they could win the division.

nycericanguy
12-30-2011, 05:20 PM

yea i noticed too, even his face looks trimmer.

He played really well for CLE last year who was a last place team, MSG is supposedly his dream come true. I have a feeling he's going to be electric for 40 games.

MelanconMadness
12-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Do people realize this is still technically preseason games. People act as of this is the 30th game with full preseason and training camp. One of our big 3 was signed less than a month ago

Matrix3132
12-30-2011, 05:23 PM

Haha that's great.

He didn't need to catch his breath, had a nice posture, good jaw strength

NYtilIdie
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Its still early and we're still trying to gel and get chemistry going. First and foremost we need to get rid of D'Antoni the man has no idea how to run a team, the look he had on his face when they showed him in the 4th quarter last night explains it all.

Then we have Douglas running the offense who doesn't know how to set up open teammates or give the ball to open teammates. When we get B. Diddy back we should be running more smoothly and moving Douglas back to the bench will give us more firepower which is where he's best suited.

Then we have the injuries holding us back, but thats something we have no control over so can't do much about that. We just gotta stick it out and try to stand this horrible basketball we're playing right now.

kalua1718
12-30-2011, 05:27 PM
I know its early, but the Knicks have looked a little disappointing so far. I don't know if it's just the team getting used to each other or what, but everyone thought they were going to automatically be an elite team in the league because they got Chandler. Chandler doesn't look like the same guy who helped Dallas to a championship from what I've watched. Maybe it will take a little time for the team to adjust to each other, but they had troubles keeping a big lead against Boston on opening day without Paul Pierce. They lost to the Warriors which I know is a tough stadium to play in when you are the visiting team, but I feel like that's a game they should have won. Then they got dominated by a Bynum-less Lakers squad. Are Knicks fans concerned or do you guys think they will bring it together soon?

For what i can see. New York Knicks is a great team despite there loss. My main concern is D Marc Antonio, Yes the head coach. We know that Knicks have talent and that there is players ready to accept that challenge. If D Marc Antonio does not give the player that is in a good day an opportunity to keep on playing, we would be better off giving this year away because of bad Coaching. Reason i am saying that is because you see Great coach as Field Jackson and Dark River every single time there lead player is taking over a limited of shoots opportunity like 3 to 4 out of 20 they will sit them down and give the hungry players like the bench to prove something. Once that the lead player is seeing that the bench is playing better than they are they would bring their game up. If the coach does not take this approach, what will happen is that Lead player will be in a slump and it will suck them into a black hole without knowing when will they be back. Conclusion you know that Carmelo and Statermire are exceptional Player No questions Ask, but if you don't bring it to the lead player attention. that they are not playing nice and is time for them to take a break for that they could analyze them self what are they doing wrong. They would never find out, Remember Carmelo And Statermire They would always be known is only a matter of time to them to realize that tomorrow is another day, lets just fix what we are doing wrong.

Pointers

Toney Douglas i love this player, but he is not a point guard letting him play this possition will hurt the knicks even more than what they think.

Carmelo Antony he is getting better in the 3 point shooting and is better playing Defense comparing while he was playing with Denver Back then ( But until you don't master that 3 point shoot. He would be better of Doing what he is know for driving into the basket and taking the 5 to 10 foot Shoot)

Statemire. This guy has Talent. seems to disappeared when Carmelo came in the Knicks Boat. ( Key Point, play how you use to play driving into the basket and making Dunks in a way like it own you money and you came there to show you are not playing till you get it back. i believe that you are the type of player that once you know you made 3 points straight you will be more confidence in taking the 15 foot shoot and with no problem banking it in.

D Mark Antonio. I don't understand him knicks needed a Fluently 3 point Shooter and a point guard. Novak has taking 4 shoot and made in 3 and you have the courage to sit him down. Knicks needed a point guard and they brought in Lynn and you decide to put him in, in last 2 min. i don't know if you seen this guys but in the lakers game Lynn Broke the Lakers defense in two min more than Toney has done in the whole game. a matter of fact i never seen Toney braking the opponent defense or Making plays don't get me wrong he is good taking shoots, but he will hurt the knicks more than what you think if you have him playing for this position.

General key point find someone else to play the Point Guard position till they click or Baron Davis is healthy to play, Move the Fu**** ball and only pass it to players that are open, as well to taking shoot. Take shoot only when you are open.

kalua1718
12-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Its still early and we're still trying to gel and get chemistry going. First and foremost we need to get rid of D'Antoni the man has no idea how to run a team, the look he had on his face when they showed him in the 4th quarter last night explains it all.

Then we have Douglas running the offense who doesn't know how to set up open teammates or give the ball to open teammates. When we get B. Diddy back we should be running more smoothly and moving Douglas back to the bench will give us more firepower which is where he's best suited.

Then we have the injuries holding us back, but thats something we have no control over so can't do much about that. We just gotta stick it out and try to stand this horrible basketball we're playing right now.

Great analyzing this team. Could not say it better my self, but what i don't understand how can D Mark A sit down Novak when he took 4 shoot and made three in, and another thing how come we acquire someone that is known for running the point guard position, and you have the odasity to putting toney douglas before him. i like Toney, but he will hurt the knicks playing as a point guard. You will be better of putting Lynn and if that doesn't work look for some one else to play that position till you acquire one or Baron Davis is ready to go. Mean while please stop putting Toney Douglas as a point Guard knowing this will kill me slowly and the knicks. i just can't keep on with this torch.

WadeKobe
12-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Who thought they were going to be that good?

lol, please
12-30-2011, 06:06 PM
^ :laugh2:

Law25
12-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Knicks are gonna be good. They just need some time to gel like every other team that has a new coach or major roster changes in this short season. If they get Martin then I say the Heat and every other Eastern team will have alot to fear.

KingPosey
12-30-2011, 06:23 PM
If I was them I actually would have kept Billups. He is still a really nice starting PG, and Douglas would look much more attractive in a lineup coming off the bench. Hopefully BDiddy comes out swinging and healthy.

RLundi
12-30-2011, 07:14 PM
LOL I love how this guy trolls soon as we lose a few games.

1. It's too damn early.

2. We have key injuries to our backcourt

3. We are an offensive team having a struggle by shooting 30% in 2 games. That never lasts.

Still think the Knicks are going to win 50 games this season?

I'm gonna hold you to that the entire season, since you challenged me to. I actually like the Knicks and for your sake I hope they end up with a respectable record.

Raph12
12-30-2011, 07:40 PM
They need a legit PG and a defensive-minded coach...

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-30-2011, 07:48 PM

I'm gonna hold you to that the entire season, since you challenged me to. I actually like the Knicks and for your sake I hope they end up with a respectable record.

Please say he didn't claim 50 games. That homerism at its finest...

PatsSoxKnicks
12-30-2011, 08:10 PM

Thats why there is so much Knicks hate on the forum because you have people like that 1 Knicks fan claiming they'll win 50 games, which to any realist is laughable.

nycericanguy
12-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Thats why there is so much Knicks hate on the forum because you have people like that 1 Knicks fan claiming they'll win 50 games, which to any realist is laughable.

In fairness thats the only time I've read any Knick fan state NY would win 50 games, not reason to hate an entire fanbase...lol.

I think maybe MIA & OKC could win 50, but thats a tough task for any team, let alone a team that just came together.

I had NY at 38-40 wins before the season.

NYkillaPriest
12-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Our biggest concern is the PG position..I was the biggest supporter of Toney Douglas but in 3 games I've lost all that confidence..It doesn't make sense how he struggles to make the simple passes..I dont think he has converted a single alley-oop this entire season and his passes aren't even close..B Davis should be able to come in and better control the tempo and create more plays for our team..The only thing I don't understand is why are fans of other teams in panic mode after 3 games where we didn't have a true training camp or preseason

its unrealistic to see us as a top 3 seed because we will struggles with chemistry and with the compressed season it will result in inflated losses..as long as we get it together prior to the end of the season we will be a force in the playoffs..just dont panic we only played 3 of 66 games

justinnum1
12-30-2011, 08:32 PM

he did say you guys would start 8-1...

heat started slow too last season....

Punk
12-30-2011, 08:38 PM

Still think the Celtics are going to win 50 games this season? How does 0-3 look compared to 1-2?

I said at best 40 or 46 which is equal to a 50 win team in an 82 game schedule. I never said once we would win 50 games in a shortened season. Don't challenge me to anything when you look foolish doing it.

shep33
12-30-2011, 08:39 PM
As a Laker fan, I say they'll be fine, 3rd seed. I think once Baron gets back everything should flow easier on offence. I think they can beat any team out east

utl768
12-30-2011, 08:40 PM
the coach will hold them back

once they fire him theyll be a fixture at the top of the eastern conference

Punk
12-30-2011, 08:45 PM
We are still a dangerous team. Any team that is shooting 30% with 6 turnovers and only down by 8 to the Lakers in the 4th is pretty good IMO. Utah shot like 35% and was down by 27 against the Lakers as comparison. We had a legit chance if we didn't give up towards the end.

It's a lockout season, some teams will suffer and others will shine. Right now, NY, Boston, NJ are all suffering offensively.

2 games isn't enough judgment to make on anyone. Hell, Memphis started out 1-8 last year.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-30-2011, 08:48 PM
I think its just growing pains right now. If their still this bad in 20 games then I'll be nervous.

NYkillaPriest
12-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Its time for people to quit saying fire Mike Dantoni..we have Mike Woodson to run the defense and Mike Dantoni leaves it to him..its not like he's on the sideline yelling for his players to not play D and just look to score...one of our biggest defensive problems is Amare Stoudemire is too scared to get dunked on..if he has a chance to contest a shot at the rim and thinks the player might try to dunk it hes not going to make an attempt at it and it doesn't matter who it is...It doesn't make sense how all offseason he talked about how the defense is much improved and simple but he still refuses to give his 100..definition of soft

EaglesJackson10
12-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Just think last year with the Heat. We should be fine.. Atleast I hope..

They aren't comparable. The Heat had the best two players in the world on their team. Amare isn't even a top 10 player in the league and Melo is borderline.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-30-2011, 10:12 PM
They aren't comparable. The Heat had the best two players in the world on their team. Amare isn't even a top 10 player in the league and Melo is borderline.

Its absolutely comparable. The Heat needed time to gel together as a team, just like the Knicks do now. When the Knicks gel together will they be as good as the Heat were? Probably not. But all they need is to heal some key injuries and just starting playing team basketball. It is absolutely comparable no matter how many "top 10" lists to want to throw out there.

SportsAndrew25
12-30-2011, 10:21 PM
It has been extremely disappointing to see this team perform this way. However, it is early. None of these teams got the time to practice. The World Champion Mavericks are 0-3. The Boston Celtics are 0-3. I think the Knicks offense will eventually heat up. It will not stay this way. Also, when Baron Davis is activated, he will contribute in a huge way.

EaglesJackson10
12-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Its absolutely comparable. The Heat needed time to gel together as a team, just like the Knicks do now. When the Knicks gel together will they be as good as the Heat were? Probably not. But all they need is to heal some key injuries and just starting playing team basketball. It is absolutely comparable no matter how many "top 10" lists to want to throw out there.

The Knicks haven't nearly changed as much in the offseason as the Heat did. The Knicks have acquired one new player who is a defensive specialist. The Heat added two new superstars who they were going to run their offense through. I get what you're saying but there are a lot of other examples I would use other than the Heat. Even if the Knicks do "gel" and get Baron back they will not be title contenders.

xxplayerxx23
12-30-2011, 10:22 PM
too early to tell. Injuries and lack of chemstry is the problem now. We will be a 3- 6 seed IMO

rhymeratic
12-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Anyone who thinks Knicks stink are smoking that new 2012 oooweee....

It's sooooo early and we have a lot of new faces AND key injuries. By season's end we'll be having our championship parade.

TheNumber37
12-30-2011, 10:23 PM
They need a capable PG badly, there's just no plan on the offensive end. They don't know how they want to score and there's no real team Identity. Though he can't shoot, I think Rondo would be great for NY.
The Knicks also need reliable outside shooting everywhere around Melo and Amare.

xxplayerxx23
12-30-2011, 10:24 PM
The Knicks haven't nearly changed as much in the offseason as the Heat did. The Knicks have acquired one new player who is a defensive specialist. The Heat added two new superstars who they were going to run their offense through. I get what you're saying but there are a lot of other examples I would use other than the Heat. Even if the Knicks do "gel" and get Baron back they will not be title contenders.

I think we compare to the heat in the way we need chemstry. we havent had a real tranning camp with Melo. Its going to take time to get chemstry. It will prob take around how long it took the heat to gel last year.

RLundi
12-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Still think the Celtics are going to win 50 games this season? How does 0-3 look compared to 1-2?

I said at best 40 or 46 which is equal to a 50 win team in an 82 game schedule. I never said once we would win 50 games in a shortened season. Don't challenge me to anything when you look foolish doing it.

Unbelievable. Please don't make me pull up that thread again.

Why are you lying? You clearly said the Knicks would win 50 games this season. You even went as far as to post your prediction of every single game. What were you thinking?

For the last time, and try to stay with me on this one, I said the Celtics are a 50 win team in a normal 82 game season. Why can't you understand that? All of the other Knick fans outrightly disagreed with you on how many games NY would win -- please listen to the many voices of reason. You are single-handedly making Knick fans look bad.

bovice163
12-30-2011, 10:53 PM
They have a far too isolation based and rushed offense for them to be given a nod as contenders. They still don't have that team cohesion other true championship contenders have, and they also have no defense to speak of. Sure they have Melo and Amar'e, as well as a few capable defenders in Balkman and Chandler, but the Knicks are a team that gives up a good amount of leads, and turn to chucking up 3's and taking turns one on one with Melo and Amar'e when things get rough. You aren't going to win many games in the playoffs that way.

We'll see what kind of an impact Baron Davis makes with his return, as well as Shumpert, but right now I see them in the 5-6 seed range. The Knicks are a solid team and very intimidating especially when Melo gets hot, but they'll need consistency and both ends of the floor to make a deep run for a chip.

MTar786
12-30-2011, 11:06 PM
they will be top 4 in east when the fire mike dantoni

Chill_Will_24
12-30-2011, 11:22 PM
The Knicks are so overrated.. the best front line in the NBA? Ppl claimed their defense would be so much better. People claimed they were a lock top 4 team.

Their main injuries are to Baron Davis who has never played for them so they arent really missing him and Shmp who while a nice rookie is still just a chucker and doesnt change their problems in any major way. Even if they had Davis, he is still being heavily overrated. Davis is terribly injury prone and he is not a great PG anyway.

Knicks faced:

BOS without Pierce

GSW without Curry

LAL without Bynum

They are lucky to have a single win

oak2455
12-30-2011, 11:32 PM
The Knicks are so overrated.. the best front line in the NBA? Ppl claimed their defense would be so much better. People claimed they were a lock top 4 team.

Their main injuries are to Baron Davis who has never played for them so they arent really missing him and Shmp who while a nice rookie is still just a chucker and doesnt change their problems in any major way. Even if they had Davis, he is still being heavily overrated. Davis is terribly injury prone and he is not a great PG anyway.

Knicks faced:

BOS without Pierce

GSW without Curry

LAL without Bynum

ok your sad:D Happy New Year

setman2000
12-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Not everyone thought they would be that good because some people could see they have no depth and overrated "superstars"!

llemon
12-30-2011, 11:39 PM

Define 'everyone'.

rwynyc
12-30-2011, 11:43 PM
For the first half the celtics game this team showed chemistry. Where its gone is anyones guess. This team needs a stronger coach to put the diva in amare and melo in check.

xxplayerxx23
12-30-2011, 11:50 PM

Knicks faced:

BOS without Pierce

GSW without Curry

LAL without Bynum

People dont take into account. That chemstry isnt just there. TD isnt a pg mike d isnt a good coach. Our backcourt is still really good. We still will be top 4 or 5 in the east. Davis is a good passer, can hit the 3 and looks in shape. Knicks will be fine

llemon
12-30-2011, 11:52 PM
For the first half the celtics game this team showed chemistry. Where its gone is anyones guess. This team needs a stronger coach to put the diva in amare and melo in check.

That coach being......?????????

Knicks21
12-31-2011, 12:09 AM
Everyone thought they would be bad, so yes.

Knicks21
12-31-2011, 12:11 AM

Knicks faced:

BOS without Pierce

GSW without Curry

LAL without Bynum

so intense

roshan3ai
12-31-2011, 12:12 AM
After three games? My lord this is going to be an annoying NBA season here on PSD. Just give it time. Amar'e and Melo haven't even played together for a full season, Chandler hasn't been in NY for even a month, Shumpert and Davis are out, there was no preseason, the lockout hindered guys' opportunities to work together during training camp and preseason, and D'antoni is still trying to find rotational guys. Enough of these nonsense threads.

Chill_Will_24
12-31-2011, 12:40 AM
so intense

Tell me what you disagree with.

DragonJaii
12-31-2011, 01:06 AM
lol. they'll be fine.

Fnom11
12-31-2011, 01:26 AM
They're far from a darkhorse win but they'll be a 4-6 seed.

NYY NYJ NYK
12-31-2011, 01:28 AM
I know its early,

You made your point

NYtilIdie
12-31-2011, 02:30 AM

Are we seriously going to do this again this year? Are you going to make a false score again when the Nets & Knicks play and put it into your sig to poke fun at the Knicks D, even though we beat you guys in that same exact game? Anyway, if you've been paying attention at all, the Knicks defense this year is miles ahead of last year, players have been getting their hands up and the help defense has improved. Woodson has done exactly what he's been hired to do and thats improve our defense. Now are we the best in the league? No, we're not even a top 15 defensive team in the league, but we're not in the 25-32 range like last year (we're currently 23rd in Defensive RTG).

The defense isn't the problem, its the offense that hasn't developed chemistry, when we get the chemistry down, then things will start to fall into place. You can't through a brand new team on the floor and expect them to be successful right out the gate without much chemistry & lack of training camps, if so you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Miami struggled early on last year and didn't really start clicking until THIS YEAR! It took them a whole season to finally play to their potential.

Their main injuries are to Baron Davis who has never played for them so they arent really missing him

Seriously? Are you evening watching the games or just looking at the boxscores? We have Toney Douglas running the point, which is no different than having Andray Blatche run the offense. Douglas dribbles up the court, bumps into his defender, picks up his dribble then passes to Amare or Melo for a mid range shot. There I just told you our whole offense in one sentence. Douglas is a nice combo guard off the bench, but can't set up his team-mates or get them the ball when they're open. We need Davis to run the offense because he knows what he's doing and when & where to give his team-mates the ball and can run the offense well. Plus, when he comes back we can move Douglas to the bench which will help give us much needed depth.

and Shmp who while a nice rookie is still just a chucker and doesnt change their problems in any major way.

You're basing this off what? 1 game, please get the ***kin hate out of your system for one ***king post. The kids a rookie who's only played one professional game and injured his knee and majority of those shots were around the rim, he just needs to finish. He also brings intense defense which you saw during the pre-season and when he dropped 16 on the Nets with 6-11 shooting, but since its the pre-season I don't give a ***k about it. We need his defense right and offense, we're depending on Bibby right now to do that.

Even if they had Davis, he is still being heavily overrated. Davis is terribly injury prone and he is not a great PG anyway.

Who the ***k is overrating him? Nobody is claiming he's a top 10 PG, hell not even a top 20 PG, he's just a PG who can run the offense and can get the ball to Melo & Amare at the right times which is all we're asking of him.

Knicks faced:

BOS without Pierce

So? Injuries are part of the game, you're learning that right now, aren't ya?

GSW without Curry

See, Pierce

LAL without Bynum

We never beat LA so that doesn't really make a difference.

How so? Because Melo did what a "SUPERSTAR" does and carries his team in the 4th quarter when they need offense. Also, the fact that we played great D that 4 quarter and if, you know, actually WATCHED the games you would've seen Chandler get 3 blocks by himself in the paint in ONE series against Boston in the 4th quarter. Then you have the fact that Bill Walker got a nice hand in KG's face to force the missed shot. That win wasn't by luck, we were stomping them until the 3rd quarter and made a 4th quarter comeback.

I kindly disagree.

Knicks21
12-31-2011, 02:49 AM
Tell me what you disagree with.

I'm pissed off with them as well. They are playing like an over 40 domestic team. However i am not prepared to write them off yet. Same rule applies for every team in the nba, you write teams off like as people were doubting the lakers and they will come back a prove their worth.

Knicks21
12-31-2011, 02:52 AM
Knicks basketball will give you heart attacks. When they are playing at their best, when they are all out on offence they can beat any team in the nba. This rarely happens though. However, when they are playing bad, they have the potential to be one of the worst teams.

Take a ride on the Knicks roller coaster.

Chill_Will_24
12-31-2011, 02:56 AM
I kindly disagree.

Great points. Nothing that i really disagree with. My post was not referring to you if indeed it is how you feel. However to the Knicks fans that think that Davis and Shump will fix your problems and make you the top 4 team that Knicks fans claimed they would be.

BTW your defense has been mediocre. Just because it has been an improvement on your defense last year doesnt mean its good.

Also those heroics you speak of came off of tick tack fouls and unwarranted techs that were gifted to the Knicks

Knicks21
12-31-2011, 02:57 AM
Great points. Nothing that i really disagree with. My post was not referring to you if indeed it is how you feel. However to the Knicks fans that think that Davis and Shump will fix your problems and make you the top 4 team that Knicks fans claimed they would be.

BTW your defense has been mediocre. Just because it has been an improvement on your defense last year doesnt mean its good.

Also those heroics you speak of came off of tick tack fouls and unwarranted techs that were gifted to the Knicks

Thats a stretch, i thought it was pretty awful actually.

smith&wesson
12-31-2011, 03:16 AM
melo and stat are good play off performers. they will step it up when it counts imo. i expect to see either heat vs bulls or heat vs knicks in the ecf's

RaiderKid318
12-31-2011, 03:18 AM
The reason all these loaded *** teams keep losin is because they lack solid depth plain and simple

latinofire21
12-31-2011, 04:08 AM
Chill Will I didnt bother Quoting all your comments because I think they are completely slanted and your not looking at the bigger picture.

Can you show me a team right out the gates who hasnt struggled? There isnt any. Even the Miami Heat avoided losing to the twolves and the bobcats in the final seconds of their games.

THERE WAS NO TRAINING CAMP. There was a complete Roster overhaul. We traded our PG for a defensive center. Our starting pg is injured for a month. we have 2 rotation players that are rookies. One of them are injured. We signed another 2 players in the last 2 weeks that are seeing minutes now because of our injuries. Jared Jefferies is injured. Billy Walker is injured. Amare Stoudimire is injured. We are all injured. When you keep only 2 players for them midseason trade (Melo and Balkman) and you add (Jeremy Lin, Steve Novak, Tyson Chandler, Baron Davis, Iman Shumpert, Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, and Mike Bibby) and you dont even get a training camp, YES its going to look ugly.

Our defense is a lot better but you wont see it unless you watch the games. Mike D has them shooting in 8 seconds or less for a majority of the game so there is a lot more possessions then other teams around the league. If you watch the defense you can see the defensive intensity, and see the plays they are attempting to make on the defensive end.

There problem is Tony Douglas. Once they get a real point guard who can distribute in that role they will be fine. Tony Is so inept in running the offense that the whole offensive possesion looks like a pickup game at the park. Thats our problem.

The only problem I have with Mike D is that he never calls a timeout when a team is on a run. He always just lets them completely fall apart to the point of no return before he calls it. Other then that i have no problem with Mike D.

The knicks will be the 3 seed because they will win their division. Celtics will be hurt by the constant back to backs. The knicks are better then the Raptors and the Nets. The Knicks biggest competition in the division will be the 76ers because they are young and deep and for a shortened season liek this teams like the 76ers and Nuggets will be on the higher end of the seedings.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-31-2011, 04:27 AM
Thread should be rephrased "Will the Knicks be as good as Knick fans thought they would be?"

Because i think everyone generally thinks they'll be 4-7.

Cal827
12-31-2011, 06:33 AM
They are who we Thought they were!

Evolution23
12-31-2011, 10:06 AM
People are being prisoners of the moment. It's still early, Knicks never had a full training camp to get their chemistry right with Melo and A'mare. Combine that with their off season acquisition in Chandler and lack of a pass first point guard, and you will have a team that will struggle early. Look for the Knicks to get their chemistry right within games and on the fly. It will take at least 10 games for them to get it going.

abe_froman
12-31-2011, 10:13 AM
what didnt everyone think they'd be? they're very discombobulated right now,when they get pg's back from injury they'll be better,but that wont fix everything. they'll be alright though,very good,not great(wont be champ contender til mike is gone).

oak2455
12-31-2011, 10:42 AM
what didnt everyone think they'd be? they're very discombobulated right now,when they get pg's back from injury they'll be better,but that wont fix everything. they'll be alright though,very good,not great(wont be champ contender til mike is gone).

Abe's last point was the most substantial......mike needs to go....end of story