PDA

View Full Version : Do the Trailblazers have what it takes to win the West?

kjoke
12-30-2011, 03:06 PM
and possibly win it all? I really like that team.

Tony_Starks
12-30-2011, 03:10 PM
I must begrudingly say most defnintely. Deepest team in the league plus they got rid of Fernandez who was a relentless malcontent. If Oden can give them anything if and when he returns they are going to be a serious problem!

RLundi
12-30-2011, 03:11 PM
I don't think so.

I personally have them as a lower-seeded playoff team.

thenetslegend
12-30-2011, 03:20 PM
nope, they dont have a star

shep33
They are very very good.

numba1CHANGsta
This team is stacked, but I cant see them beating a team in the playoffs in a 7 game series

Iodine
12-30-2011, 03:32 PM
No, but god damn I love this team. They do match up decently with the thunder though, so they.....
NO I WILL NOT TALK MYSELF INTO THIS

KingPosey
12-30-2011, 03:34 PM

I disagree, I definitely believe LA is a "star player". But that doesnt mean I think they can win the West.

sep11ie
12-30-2011, 03:34 PM
I must begrudingly say most defnintely. Deepest team in the league plus they got rid of Fernandez who was a relentless malcontent. If Oden can give them anything if and when he returns they are going to be a serious problem!

crOOner iS gona killer YOu fer saYinG thatt.

And probably add in a few of these.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Iodine
12-30-2011, 03:37 PM

WTF BoZER!!!!!!?!?!?!

kozelkid
12-30-2011, 03:40 PM
They aren't your typical championship team, but they are certainly a contender. A dangerous team with a ton of depth. They're also well coached and good defensively. I look at them as the West's Chicago Bulls, but with not quite star like Rose. Still, they are a dangerous team and shouldn't be slept on. It's just such a shame that injuries had to happen to what would have been their two best players.

kblo247
12-30-2011, 03:42 PM
They lack the training staff

Mitchell133
12-30-2011, 03:45 PM

LA is a STAR. Don't be ignorant.

NYtilIdie
12-30-2011, 03:46 PM

iT ws Nte mCmllAns faUlt snce He haes spnish plaers evn thoh hE plys baTuM.

thenetslegend
12-30-2011, 03:53 PM

no, he is just a good all-star

ElFuturoDeESPN
12-30-2011, 03:55 PM

Spot-on. Felton and G-Wallace are close, as well.

If Felton plays like he did in the fourth quarter last night every night there's just no good way of guarding this team. The perimeter shooting and new inside toughness (I'm thanking Buck Williams and Brian Grant for this) is some of the deepest in the league.

I'm excited to see the first OKC/POR H2H matchup this season. Should be one of the fastest moving games of the year.

Kutchie03
12-30-2011, 04:01 PM

Pistons didn't have any stars when they won it all back in 2004.

Billups & Hamilton were no bigger stars than Aldridge and Wallace are now

Carey
12-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Yes they do, i wanna continue to see how they gel but with Nate Mcmillan as coach they'll always play D and share the ball. Love what Crawford brings off the bench as well as adding Kurt Thomas to give them a solid 10 to 15 mins off the bench as well as Crash being even more familiar with the team. The key for them as always is health, if they can stay healthy i could see them being right in the mix.

Hellcrooner
12-30-2011, 04:13 PM
No.

they dont have a better roster than Thunder, Lakers, Mavs, Grizzlies, Clippers

they are on par with nuggets and spurs, they may surprise someone in the first round, but thats it.

Iodine
12-30-2011, 04:24 PM
No.

they are on par with nuggets and spurs, they may surprise someone in the first round, but thats it.

What's depressing is that for ye first time in a long time I agree about my spurz

John Walls Era
12-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Probably not. They have balance so they have a chance, but they don't have a superstar, Aldridge is good, but not great. I saw him miss a lot of shots yesterday when they needed them. A double stops him completely and he becomes a jumpshooter if you play good D on him.

LakersMaster24
12-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Who are the best players on their team?

Aldridge
Wallace
Crawford
Felton
Batum
Wesley Matthews

I mean all I see there is one good All-Star caliber player surrounded by role players. I expect them to have a 1st Round Exit just like last year.

LakersMaster24
12-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Spot-on. Felton and G-Wallace are close, as well.

If Felton plays like he did in the fourth quarter last night every night there's just no good way of guarding this team. The perimeter shooting and new inside toughness (I'm thanking Buck Williams and Brian Grant for this) is some of the deepest in the league.

I'm excited to see the first OKC/POR H2H matchup this season. Should be one of the fastest moving games of the year.

How in the world are Wallace and Felton stars? They are just above average role players.

dtmagnet
12-30-2011, 04:39 PM
They might have what it takes, people on this forum are too star obsessed to admit it though.

LakersMaster24
12-30-2011, 04:44 PM
They might have what it takes, people on this forum are too star obsessed to admit it though.

Its not about being star obsessed its just the fact that you NEED a go to guy on offense. Every single team that has ever won a ring always had a go to guy.

2011 - Dirk
2010 - Kobe/Pau
2009 - Kobe/Pau
2008 - Pierce/KG
2007 - Duncan/Ginobili
2006 - Wade
2005 - Duncan
2004 - Rasheed/Chauncey/Rip
2003 - Duncan
2002 - Shaq/Kobe

etc.

Portland doesnt have a "go to guy"

Bravo95
12-30-2011, 04:50 PM
No.

Agree with this, but I put the Spurs on the top group.

PhillyFaninLA
12-30-2011, 04:59 PM
They are a good team but I don't see championship caliber.

KB24PG16
12-30-2011, 05:00 PM
they have what it takes to get a good seed (3-5 range) but to win the west at this point with their squad is a long shot imo

kozelkid
12-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Honestly I'm very interested why people are so inclined to put Memphis ahead of Portland. It can't be cause people think Randolph is "that" much better than Aldridge, because he isn't. And Portland certainly has as good of a group surround Aldridge as Memphis for Randolph . In fact, the more I look at those two teams, the more comparable they seem.

wjmoffatt
12-30-2011, 05:07 PM
YES
1.) Aldridge is a star, he just doesn't play in a big market city, or sell himself.
2.) They play together well.
3.) They have good PG play with Felton, something they didn't have last year when they gave Dallas the best series they had in the post season.
4.) They're deep!

It's to me between three teams in the West; Thunder, Portland, and Memphis.
Close behind them is; Lakers, Spurs, and maybe Clippers.

wjmoffatt
12-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Its not about being star obsessed its just the fact that you NEED a go to guy on offense. Every single team that has ever won a ring always had a go to guy.

2011 - Dirk
2010 - Kobe/Pau
2009 - Kobe/Pau
2008 - Pierce/KG
2007 - Duncan/Ginobili
2006 - Wade
2005 - Duncan
2004 - Rasheed/Chauncey/Rip
2003 - Duncan
2002 - Shaq/Kobe

etc.

Portland doesnt have a "go to guy"

First I'm an LA fan too and Aldridge is better than Pau.
Second, Rasheed at that age wasn't a star, Rip was never a star, and Chauncey wasn't even a top 5 PG.

LakersMaster24
12-30-2011, 06:49 PM
First I'm an LA fan too and Aldridge is better than Pau.
Second, Rasheed at that age wasn't a star, Rip was never a star, and Chauncey wasn't even a top 5 PG.

#1 You probably didnt watch the series because Hamilton would light us up, and Rasheed was effective too.

#2 What other PG's in 2004 would you put ahead of Billups? Only ones I can think of are Nash and Kidd tbh.

#3 How is LA better than Pau? Mind backing up your argument?

Iodine
12-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Honestly I'm very interested why people are so inclined to put Memphis ahead of Portland. It can't be cause people think Randolph is "that" much better than Aldridge, because he isn't. And Portland certainly has as good of a group surround Aldridge as Memphis for Randolph . In fact, the more I look at those two teams, the more comparable they seem.

Because of the playoff run and blind faith that gay is no longer a black hole on offense. And a lot seems to be people liking them as a top team because of the idea that they are the anti thunder
I agree with Portland>memphiz

Iodine
12-30-2011, 07:12 PM
#1 You probably didnt watch the series because Hamilton would light us up, and Rasheed was effective too.

Wait so since TP went rape in the 2007 finals he is a star?

LakersMaster24
12-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Wait so since TP went rape in the 2007 finals he is a star?

He was a All-Star that year, and he yes he was a star. He was a bigger star than Wallace and Felton are.

DeRozan10
12-30-2011, 07:38 PM
This year it's gonna be about who has the deepest team. Portland is certainly up there.

Would love to see them add another big man, and hopefully Oden can play in a few games.

The Felton / Matthews / Crawford trio is just deadly though.

Then you have 2 amazing SF's who can both play PF in Gerald Wallace and Nicolas Batum

And you have an all star PF in LaMarcus Aldridge

And a defensive stopper in Marcus Camby.

This team can go big, they can go small, their deep, their talented ...

I love them!!

Marcus Camby / Greg Oden / Chris Johnson
LaMarcus Aldridge / Kurt Thomas / Craig Smith
Gerald Wallace / Nicolas Batum / Luke Babbit
Wesley Matthews / Jamal Crawford / Elliot Williams
Raymond Felton / Armon Johnson / Nolan Smith

thenetslegend
12-30-2011, 07:45 PM
YES
1.) Aldridge is a star, he just doesn't play in a big market city, or sell himself.2.) They play together well.
3.) They have good PG play with Felton, something they didn't have last year when they gave Dallas the best series they had in the post season.
4.) They're deep!

It's to me between three teams in the West; Thunder, Portland, and Memphis.
Close behind them is; Lakers, Spurs, and maybe Clippers.

that makes him not a star. and the excuse that he doesnt play in a big market city is bad logic. lebron, paul, deron, anthony, amare, nash, durant etc play/played in a small market

tbomlad
12-30-2011, 07:55 PM
No

blastmasta26
12-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Everytime I hear of Portland, I can't stop thinking how ridiculously good they would be if even just ONE of Roy and Oden was healthy, let alone both.

EaglesJackson10
12-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Yes. I love their top 7. I don't think any other team in the league could claim a player as good as Batum as their 7th best player. My only concern would be their lack of a true backup PG. But if Felton can stay healthy I don't see any reason that they won't be a contender in the West. I would put them right up there with the Thunder, Mavs, Lakers, and Nuggets.

xxplayerxx23
12-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Yes they can. Too bad odem and roy couldnt be healthy(roy retiring). Wallace and LA can be huge in a 7 game series. they have good depth and I could see them giving OKc a run for there money. I think they fall short but it wouldnt shock me if they did come out of the west

wjmoffatt
12-30-2011, 10:50 PM

#2 What other PG's in 2004 would you put ahead of Billups? Only ones I can think of are Nash and Kidd tbh.

#3 How is LA better than Pau? Mind backing up your argument?

because hamiltion killed us makes him a superstar? I watched every game unfortunately. So since he light us up, that would make Scula, Carl Landry, etc super stars by that argument cause they've lighten us up multiple years in the playoffs.
Also put Iverson, Marbuary, Baron Davis, Sam Cassell, Steve Francis, etc...
LA is better than Pau, for one he played Dirk way better in their series than Pau did (got completely embarrassed). LA can shoot the ball just as good as Pau does, and plays way better D while being tougher. Only thing Pau has on him is maybe a slight edge on offense but slight and health. Complete game is LA.

Jarvo
12-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Don't give me that "they don't have a star crap" when the pistons beat LA in 04 no one consider Rip, Sheed, Chauncey a star, Now im not saying they are the Pistons team but Lamarcus Alridge is a star to me and I'll take them to beat LA & The Mavs to be honest, They have a nice squad with a bench also and can match up well with alot of teams. Its a short season I wont be shocked if they make a run.

abe_froman
12-31-2011, 08:43 AM
i like them to and think they'll do well...just not enough to win it,so no