PDA

View Full Version : Two All Stars This Year?

GSWAllDay
12-29-2011, 05:55 PM
I was thinking after the NY Knicks game about who on the west is playing better than Steph and Monta in hopes that they can both make the Allstar game this year. I think if both Monta and Steph keep playing like they are right now...we potentially can have 2 (that's right I said it) All-stars this year! Here's a couple of PG and SG in the west that may give them competition but I think that they have a really good chance. What do you guys think?

PG
For Sure an All-Star: CP3 (LAC)
Maybe an All-Star: Westbrook (OKC) - not looking to good this year, Lawson (DEN), Felton (POR)

SG
For Sure an All-Star: Kobe
Maybe an All-Star: Ginobli (SAS), Gordon (NOH) - will be balling it up in NOH

Warriorsforlife
12-29-2011, 06:03 PM
im sold on it.

Public Enemy #1
12-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Warriors have to keep winning. As long as they get wins, Curry and Ellis will get the recognition.

Warriors4lyfe12
12-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Not to put your fire out, but tyreke/marcus thorton will be somewhere in consideration (depending on play) then you have Kevin Martin, Shannon brown (if he does well in Phoenix), Jason Terry, and Raymond Felton. All these players i think have a greater chance of making it than monta AND steph. it will be either or, but def not both

GSWAllDay
12-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Not to put your fire out, but tyreke/marcus thorton will be somewhere in consideration (depending on play) then you have Kevin Martin, Shannon brown (if he does well in Phoenix), Jason Terry, and Raymond Felton. All these players i think have a greater chance of making it than monta AND steph. it will be either or, but def not both

Has there ever been a All-Star that came off the bench? Maybe Ginobli? But most All-Stars have been starters so I don't see Terry or Brown making it. They both come off the Bench right now.

Thorton actually has a great chance...that guy is baller status right now.

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 07:08 PM
I think Ellis will for sure. He's been on the brink for the last two years, and if we win & play defense, there is no way he's not an all-star. As for Curry, he's more liked around the league then Ellis is, so I could see him being an all-star as well.

dayreezy
12-29-2011, 07:23 PM
i know the west is stacked with PF like Griffen, Gasol, Z-Bo etc... but the way David Lee is playing... id think his name would be in the mix as well...

Lloyd Christmas
12-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Don't forget Kidd, Parker, Billups. Multiple time all star vets usually get love from the voters.

dayreezy
12-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Don't forget Kidd, Parker, Billups. Multiple time all star vets usually get love from the voters.

this... i dont think Kidd but Parker and Billups for sure... especially if they stay on the winning side of their record... CP3 and Kobe will probably take the fan votes to start... assuming they both can stay healthy...

MackShock
12-29-2011, 08:04 PM
We need to be top 4 in the west to even have a chance. If not, ellis or curry will be snubbed

COOLbeans
12-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Prediction: there will be a warrior in the allstar game this year. We've had too many major organizational and roster changes for us to continue to get snubbed. This franchise will not be snubbed. Lacob and Gruber will also not be snubbed. And hopefully our team continues to play well. No excuses..

asandhu23
12-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Warriors aren't going to get the love. Stern hates us. Although, I think Guber will pay for tons of ads. He is in the media business.

GSWAllDay
12-29-2011, 08:20 PM
If Curry and Monta make the All-Star team...look for Mark Jackson to coach! WARRIORS FTW!

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 09:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Lacob starts a promotional commercial our website for Ellis to be an all-star. Remember in the draft how our logo would show up after every pick. I think it was ours & the Mavericks, you think the NBA did that? I doubt it, he probably paid for that.

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Warriors aren't going to get the love. Stern hates us. Although, I think Guber will pay for tons of ads. He is in the media business.

This.

likemystylez
12-29-2011, 10:44 PM
well first of all 2 guard or pg doesnt really make a difference. I have a weird feeling that monta will be having a great year this season and curry will be the one who gets selected. Im not sure thatd be a great taste in montas mouth if he was the go to guy on the team and curry has more of a household name... lol and hes not sexting with team employees over the lockout.

If there was ever a way for mark jackson to pay dividends as a head coach or jerry west to pay dividends as a front office rep, this would be it. With mark jackson in the ear of half the media and jerry west well respected for knowing good players... id say this year is as good a chance as any for the warriors to have an all star.

BTW- LOL having an all star has nothing to do with winning games, ask kevin love and blake griffin

MackShock
12-29-2011, 11:14 PM
That would suck for monta to get snubbed and curry to go

lol, please
12-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Lee :clap:

MackShock
12-30-2011, 12:23 AM
I feel really bad for ellis. Everybody is saying this is curry's team but I think it is ellis' team. he has been with us since the beginning. it sucks because everybody is giving curry the shine. think about it, he was in the 3 point shootout and rookie game his rookie season, then the sophomore game and skills challenge his sophomore season..and ellis hasn't done anything..:(

Monta is beast
12-30-2011, 02:44 AM
I feel really bad for ellis. Everybody is saying this is curry's team but I think it is ellis' team. he has been with us since the beginning. it sucks because everybody is giving curry the shine. think about it, he was in the 3 point shootout and rookie game his rookie season, then the sophomore game and skills challenge his sophomore season..and ellis hasn't done anything..:(

Yeah. This is definitely Ellis' team.

asandhu23
12-30-2011, 03:29 AM

Actually...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKHC4uTKaY

lol, please
12-30-2011, 03:40 AM
Actually...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLKHC4uTKaY

That last dunk where they freeze it is epic. He says "That's what you used to see from Michael Jordan" :laugh2:

MackShock
12-30-2011, 04:25 AM
How did Monta not get MVP honors for this

MackShock
12-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Hmmm..."This is a point guard right here" at the end

Monta is beast
12-30-2011, 04:45 AM
Hmmm..."This is a point guard right here" at the end

The way he is playing this year he might be. I love it when he drives from the middle of the arch to the baseline, because at that point he is unstoppable. He can pull up for a jumper, drive & finish, or dish the rock. I wish he would do it more often.

Also I think Ellis should start off every game with the mindset to pass. It will get him into the flow of the game & give him confidence. If he can do these things more often, he will become even better then he is now.

MackShock
12-30-2011, 05:04 AM
He's still a shoot first guard though..

but he's becoming more of a passer and learning that he can be effective without scoring..so props to him, and may God help anybody who is playing against us.

lol, please
12-30-2011, 05:16 AM
The way he is playing this year he might be. I love it when he drives from the middle of the arch to the baseline, because at that point he is unstoppable. He can pull up for a jumper, drive & finish, or dish the rock. I wish he would do it more often.

Also I think Ellis should start off every game with the mindset to pass. It will get him into the flow of the game & give him confidence. If he can do these things more often, he will become even better then he is now.

Is Jackson creating Superstars!?

Monta is beast
12-30-2011, 05:18 AM
Is Jackson creating Superstars!?

Damn right. What always been the one knock on Ellis? He doesn't play defense. Well he's posting a 107 defensive rating this season. That's elite defender status right there! And how crazy would it be if the Warriors make it the playoffs while having one or possibly two all-stars?

MackShock
12-30-2011, 05:49 AM
Until we make the playoffs, we wont get no love at any ASG..

likemystylez
12-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Until we make the playoffs, we wont get no love at any ASG..

once again- kevin love and blake griffin. worse records than golden state and they both made the all star game

rocketman0621
12-30-2011, 01:29 PM
If we can stay within 6 to 9 in the standings by all star break, Curry & Ellis definitely have a very good shot as AS. Ellis have been on the brink of making it in the last couple of years and with BRoy retired, Deron in Jersey, and Nash on his twilight years, it's looking very possible.

lmeas11
12-30-2011, 02:06 PM

Greater chance of making all stars???

No you didn't.......