PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac to Howard: Be careful what you wish for

Dade County
12-29-2011, 03:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_tracy_mcgrady_dwight_howard_nba_122811

"T-Mac doesn’t see Howard and the Nets.

“I can’t see him coming here,” McGrady told Yahoo! Sports late Tuesday inside the visiting locker room at the Prudential Center. “If it’s just Dwight and D-Will, he’s better off just staying in Orlando. You want to go to a team that’s championship caliber, and just him and D-Will won’t get it done. There’s got to be other pieces around to make it look sweet.”

Discuss ...

Howard will need more help if he decides to resign with the nets ( if he is even traded their ), because that team with Howard & D will alone, is not good enough.

Nick O
12-29-2011, 03:33 PM

oak2455
12-29-2011, 03:33 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/29/mcgrady-can-picture-howard-and-d-will-in-dallas/related/

As they are the two guys left in the game of “franchise player musical chairs,” it is kind of logical Deron Williams and Dwight Howard could end up on the same team. That is certainly what New Jersey has banked its Brooklyn opening on.

But what about Dallas? Mark Cuban has all but sacrificed a shot at a repeat on the alter of cap space for next summer to go get a new franchise player.

Tracy McGrady told Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo he can see not just one but two stars landing in Dallas. He can’t see Howard staying in Orlando.

“I’ve been watching Orlando play, and I think they let it go too far – to where they can’t compete for a championship,” McGrady said. “Dwight’s going to find a sweeter spot for him next year with him being a free agent, with D-Will being a free agent, and Dallas already having an established star there. … Yup, Dallas.”

And then he laughed and said, “You heard it from me first.”

If Howard doesn’t come to the Nets Williams is all but gone next summer and that means….

Hold on, Mavs fans. Reality intervenes here and pretty much blows this up.

Dallas will have cap space with Jason Terry and Jason Kidd coming off the books plus a buyout of Lamar Odom’s final year possible. But they will only have enough cap space for one max (or near max) deal, not two. The only way they can sign two players near the max is to amnesty Brandan Haywood and find someone to take on the final two years, $18 million of Shawn Marion’s contract. Good luck with that.

D-Will is a Dallas native, there is some logic there if he wants to go home again. Howard is the bigger (literally and figuratively) prize here, the better player in the long term to build around. But Orlando will eventually have to trade Howard (near the March 15 deadline) or risk losing him for nothing. And Dallas doesn’t really have the trade assets unless Marion and Terry sound like the kind of veterans Orlando is seeking.

I don’t want to bet against Cuban, but it’s hard to see him drawing a pair this summer.

marvILLous
12-29-2011, 03:37 PM
so.. T-mac just openly trashed his own team? .. honest but dumb

what are you talking about? t-mac is on the hawks lol

Nick O
12-29-2011, 03:39 PM

oh....... riiiggghht...... :bang:

LTBaByyy
12-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Deron Williams
Dominique Jones
Vince Carter
Dirk
Dwight Howard

Awesome! :clap:

And I am sure Kidd and Terry will resign for cheap too

iliketurtles24
12-29-2011, 03:41 PM

That is what i though?:mad:

ThunderousDemon
12-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Deron Williams
Dominique Jones
Veteran Minimum FA
Dirk
Dwight Howard

Awesome! :clap:

lol keep dreaming :crazy:.

Chi StateOfMind
12-29-2011, 03:45 PM
TMac needs to stop worrying about Dwight and the rest of the league and worry about helping the Hawks and staying healthy.

LTBaByyy
12-29-2011, 03:49 PM
lol keep dreaming :crazy:.

Its posiible though :eyebrow:

LTBaByyy
12-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Both D Will and Howard would love to play with Dallas, its been reported! Not rumors.

All we have to do is Amnesty Haywood and trade Marion

And we can sign both outright!!! Especially if they agree for less than the Max like Miami big 3 did

Birdmannn
12-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Top center, a top tier point guard and role pieces would be a huge threat.
Does no one else think that Dwight could play even better with such a good point guard?

ThunderousDemon
12-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Its posiible though :eyebrow:

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000.1% chance so technically, yes it's possible.:up:

ramz.n
12-29-2011, 03:58 PM
t-mac has a point..they gave up alot to get deron williams..and it'll probably cost alot to get dwight howard..with a team with just deron and dwight and a bunch of d league players will not contend with the heat, celtics, hawks, new york and chicago in the east.

njnets825
12-29-2011, 03:59 PM
why was tmac even discussing this whole situation? he has absolutely no involvement. at least recruit him to your own team to make your opinion relevant. btw put 2 stars in their prime on a team and the vets will follow

ThunderousDemon
12-29-2011, 04:04 PM
why was tmac even discussing this whole situation? he has absolutely no involvement. at least recruit him to your own team to make your opinion relevant. btw put 2 stars in their prime on a team and the vets will follow

Which vets are you talking about that are good and also Free agents?

LTBaByyy
12-29-2011, 04:07 PM
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000.1% chance so technically, yes it's possible.:up:

More like 25% Dwight and D Will land in Dallas

And 80% one of them land in Dallas

Cal827
12-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Both of them going to Dallas are about as likely as an miraculous conception.. or CousinEvansDUO not rooting for the Sacremento Kings :D

They might get Williams though... but I'm starting to think that Howard cares more about the money/fame over winning.

ThunderousDemon
12-29-2011, 04:09 PM
More like 25% Dwight and D Will land in Dallas

And 80% one of them land in Dallas

:facepalm: Don't dream with your eyes open.

nickdymez
12-29-2011, 04:11 PM
TMac needs to stop worrying about Dwight and the rest of the league and worry about helping the Hawks and staying healthy.

He can worry about whatever he wants to worry about cant he?

310Casper
12-29-2011, 04:11 PM

Yea, how dare Tmac have an opinion on something else going on in his league.

And I'm sure his opinion on d12 doesnt take away from him "worrying about his health and the hawks" one bit. It takes about 10 seconds to make an opinionated statement, im sure he didnt lose sleep on it.

ThunderousDemon
12-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Yea, how dare Tmac have an opinion on something else going on in his league.

And I'm sure his opinion on d12 doesnt take away from him "worrying about his health and the hawks" one bit. It takes about 10 seconds to make an opinionated statement, im sure he didnt lose sleep on it. And im sure it wont affect the hawks and his health.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

LTBaByyy
12-29-2011, 04:17 PM
:facepalm: Don't dream with your eyes open.

You just mad they haven't talked about Lakers in a while

You keep dreaming about what CP3 looks like in a Lakers jersey

#NBA2k12 association huh?

smith&wesson
12-29-2011, 04:22 PM
i remember when tmac was in orlando and then left for much greener pastures. as i recall thats when his career went down hill. maybe howard should take a listen.

--23--
12-29-2011, 04:23 PM
T-Mac is telling the truth though, I even thought why the hell he wants to go to the Nets. Dwight is talking about winning championships I dont see that happening with the Nets. He should be thinking about joining a team that have young talent already like the Bulls & Thunder.

A Durant/Howard or Rose/Howard team will ******* on the rest of the league for years and he will win championships with any of them guys. The Mavs/Lakers should be a 3rd/4th choice due because they're not a young team.

smith&wesson
12-29-2011, 04:29 PM
While howard is extreamly gifted physically i think he is lacking in the the intellect dept.

Raph12
12-29-2011, 04:33 PM
i remember when tmac was in orlando and then left for much greener pastures. as i recall thats when his career went down hill. maybe howard should take a listen.

TMac and/or Yao got injured each and every season, if that happens to Dwight and DWill, then it is just bad luck... If TMac and Yao were healthy all of those years, things would look very different right now in Houston.

JIDsanity
12-29-2011, 04:34 PM
The Nets have no talent as of now, but if Deron and Dwight are on the same team with a ton of cap space left over and a brand new arena (supposedly one of the best in all sports) why wouldn't players follow to Brooklyn this off-season? Sure I see T-Mac's point, but he doesn't see the bigger picture.

smith&wesson
12-29-2011, 04:36 PM
TMac and/or Yao got injured each and every season, if that happens to Dwight and DWill, then it is just bad luck... If TMac and Yao were healthy all of those years, things would look very different right now in Houston.

yout right the rockets had bad luck with yao/tmac. just ironic to me that tmac if giving this advice seeing how things turned out for him after he left the magic.

imo if howard had half a brain he would go to a contender. not a rebuilding team.

SportsFanatic10
12-29-2011, 04:36 PM

so you're saying there's a chance!

JIDsanity
12-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Which vets are you talking about that are good and also Free agents?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agents

It's likely that you can add J.R smith, AK-47, and Wilson Chandler to this list.

dtmagnet
12-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Both D Will and Howard would love to play with Dallas, its been reported! Not rumors.

And we can sign both outright!!! Especially if they agree for less than the Max like Miami big 3 did

I'm sure teams will be banging down the door to get him lol.

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 04:40 PM

He did leave for Greener pastures. It's not like staying Orlando would have prevented him from getting hurt.

shep33
12-29-2011, 04:42 PM
I think the Magic owner and Otis are definitely interested in what Tmac has to say

kidfury
12-29-2011, 04:45 PM
How high was t-mac's education? Should anyone listen to advice from t-mac?

LTBaByyy
I'm sure teams will be banging down the door to get him lol.

That's what they said about Beasley, if no one picked him up there would not be a big 3

RLundi

Add about 30 more zeroes and that's the chance L.A. has of acquiring Dwight.

Technically possible indeed.

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 04:51 PM
That's what they said about Beasley, if no one picked him up there would not be a big 3

Those 2 are not comparable at all lol. One the one hand you have a young kid with lots of potential and dirt cheap salary and the other a washed up vet who eats up a bunch of cap.

PacersForLife
12-29-2011, 04:56 PM
I agree with T-MAC.... D-Will and Dwight won't get it done, heck LeBron, Wade, and Bosh didn't get it done and it's still to be determined if they can. I honestly think the Heat have a better supporting cast as well. I mean you look at the Nets and they would have to give up anything they have going for them just to get Dwight and then what? Their big three is Dwight, D-Will, and Kris Humphries? I just don't see the Nets as being contenders unless they had some more serviceable players around them. If it's just those two it will be simple for teams to predict what they will do and they won't have anyone else to go to if they are in trouble. This is why I say give me depth over stars any night.

smith&wesson
12-29-2011, 04:56 PM
He did leave for Greener pastures. It's not like staying Orlando would have prevented him from getting hurt.

i know i just find it ironic

Dade County
12-29-2011, 05:00 PM
T-Mac is telling the truth though, I even thought why the hell he wants to go to the Nets. Dwight is talking about winning championships I dont see that happening with the Nets. He should be thinking about joining a team that have young talent already like the Bulls & Thunder.

A Durant/Howard or Rose/Howard team will ******* on the rest of the league for years and he will win championships with any of them guys. The Mavs/Lakers should be a 3rd/4th choice due because they're not a young team.

NO.

Howard going to any of those 2 teams, doesn't mean they instantly win rings...

Only team that Howard can join right now, and he has a 99.9% chance at winning a ring this year (and the next 5yrs) is the HEAT.

John Walls Era
12-29-2011, 05:01 PM
What does TMac know about championship winning teams? Hes a 2nd round virgin.

D1JM
12-29-2011, 05:02 PM
So his only chance at winning a ring this year is with the heat? So the heat are 99.9% sure of winning this year

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
T-Mac saying this actually makes me feel better When has T-Mac ever been right or won anything? Here is the guy that said he was glad to finally get out of the first round when ORL was up 3-1 only to still lose the series. He is a perennial loser.

I disagree with most. A Deron+Dwight combo would wreck havoc on most teams and would be almost unstoppable. If NY can be considered a contender with two overrated stars (no offense Knicks fans) and a C who is worthless without a good PG dishing.. how can the Nets be so trashed in the hypothetical scenario that they get Dwight?

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
So his only chance at winning a ring this year is with the heat? So the heat are 99.9% sure of winning this year

Pretty much. Who is gonna stop them? The Bulls?

Dade County
12-29-2011, 05:12 PM

WHAT!... Nooooo

I am comparing the HEAT to the teams that have a chance at getting Howard this year ( Howard so call list).

Nj
L.A
Dallas

then if Howard list grows ( if he is smart he would pick one of these teams )

Okc
bulls
Clippers

just remember all these teams would have to give up a lot to get Howard ( the owner wants vets coming back, to stay competitive ... smh )

The HEAT with Howard in my opinion would be a lock to win the finals this year, and the next 5yrs ( with no major injuries ). I think we have a very, very, very good chance with out Howard too :D

D1JM
12-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Pretty much. Who is gonna stop them? The Bulls?

Just like they won it last year right?

D1JM
12-29-2011, 05:17 PM
WHAT!... Nooooo

I am comparing the HEAT to the teams that have a chance at getting Howard this year ( Howard so call list).

Nj
L.A
Dallas

Okc
bulls
Clippers

just remember all these teams would have to give up a lot to get Howard ( the owner wants vets coming back, to stay competitive ... smh )

The HEAT with Howard in my opinion would be a lock to win the finals this year, and the next 5yrs ( with no major injuries ). I think we have a very, very, very good chance with out Howard too :D

Oh ok my bad. I didn't know what you meant at first.

WhiteWesWelker
12-29-2011, 05:18 PM

Cant help myself. This is funny.

onlythisfar41
12-29-2011, 05:19 PM

you do know that 0.1% is the same as 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 .1% right, so to make your point you needed to put 0.000000000000000000001%.

By the way, i do agree that the chances of both landing there are very small, it basically hinges on unloading Marions contract which will be extremely hard.

Hell, when my Knicks were trying to unload Turiaf, whos salary was infinitely less of a burdon to the cap of a trading team, they had a very hard time because teams knew they had no choice. So we ended up overpaying just to get rid of a guy.

So if a team is even willing to take on Marions contract the Mavs are going to have to give up a lot more than they should to do so.

nate2usmc
12-29-2011, 05:20 PM
T-Mac saying this actually makes me feel better When has T-Mac ever been right or won anything? Here is the guy that said he was glad to finally get out of the first round when ORL was up 3-1 only to still lose the series. He is a perennial loser.

I disagree with most. A Deron+Dwight combo would wreck havoc on most teams and would be almost unstoppable. If NY can be considered a contender with two overrated stars (no offense Knicks fans) and a C who is worthless without a good PG dishing.. how can the Nets be so trashed in the hypothetical scenario that they get Dwight?

NY is considered a contender thanks to overpaid Tyson Chandler and Baron (if stays healthy) signing with the Knicks. I understand if you said Amare is overrated thanks to his mediocre defense and ZERO boxing out and defensive rebounding (thanks to not boxing out)...but Melo? Nah man, other than last night, Melo has done work since he got to NY. Definitely, not a Joe Johnson!

I think Nets are a contender with Dwight + Deron though. Seems like I'm one of the few.

Dade County
12-29-2011, 05:20 PM

No one said that the Nets would be considered trash, if they get Howard. They would be a very good regular season team. But in the playoffs, teams will find away to slow the two down, and their other team mates will have to step up; and I don't think thats going to happen.

onlythisfar41
12-29-2011, 05:29 PM

Gotta love when someone has to put the words "no offense" after a statement, therefore indicating that it was an offensive statement they just made.

Example: Friend 1-"Hey bro what do you think of my new haircut?"
Friend 2-"Well it actually looks like a blind and deaf midget cut it, basically its terrible....no offense."
Friend 1-"Yea well I banged your mom."

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Just like they won it last year right?

So who will play the role of Dallas this year? Cuz Dallas certainly wont. Bulls? Heat defense will embarrass Rose the same way they did last year and Rip Hamilton while a great addition doesnt change that much. Thunder? their defense can contain Durant and Westbrook has proven he has low IQ and the Heat can give him the Rose treatment if he ever becomes a thorn at their side. NY? Pleeeeeeease... so who?

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 05:49 PM
No one said that the Nets would be considered trash, if they get Howard. They would be a very good regular season team. But in the playoffs, teams will find away to slow the two down, and their other team mates will have to step up; and I don't think thats going to happen.

Not you personally.. you seem like a pretty level headed poster.. however most ppl claim that Deron+Dwight is not a enough to win games. Dwight has been an absolute monster and 2nd best player in the league WITHOUT a great passing PG and Deron has been the 2nd best PG and a top 10 player WITHOUT a gy like Dwight to pass too...

These two together are as great a compliment as you can find.

I dont think people understand how good Dwight is and how much better he would become with Deron and how good he would in turn make Deron.

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Gotta love when someone has to put the words "no offense" after a statement, therefore indicating that it was an offensive statement they just made.

Example: Friend 1-"Hey bro what do you think of my new haircut?"
Friend 2-"Well it actually looks like a blind and deaf midget cut it, basically its terrible....no offense."
Friend 1-"Yea well I banged your mom."

It was necessary because Knicks fans are the touchiest fan base in sports and they like to mob ppl that trash their players.

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 05:54 PM
So who will play the role of Dallas this year? Cuz Dallas certainly wont. Bulls? Heat defense will embarrass Rose the same way they did last year and Rip Hamilton while a great addition doesnt change that much. Thunder? their defense can contain Durant and Westbrook has proven he has low IQ and the Heat can give him the Rose treatment if he ever becomes a thorn at their side. NY? Pleeeeeeease... so who?

I think your dismissing OKC wayyyyyyyy to easily. They have 3 guys who could give MIA fits in WB, Durant and Harden plus two great interior defenders and a deeeeep bench. MIA cant collapse on WB the way they did on Rose. Durant and Harden would destroy them. That wont be a cake walk for MIA by any stretch if they even get there.

JayStar-8
12-29-2011, 06:01 PM
I think your dismissing OKC wayyyyyyyy to easily. They have 3 guys who could give MIA fits in WB, Durant and Harden plus two great interior defenders and a deeeeep bench. MIA cant collapse on WB the way they did on Rose. Durant and Harden would destroy them. That wont be a cake walk for MIA by any stretch if they even get there.

I have the Heat vs. OKC in the finals this year.

--23--
12-29-2011, 06:03 PM
NO.

Howard going to any of those 2 teams, doesn't mean they instantly win rings...

Only team that Howard can join right now, and he has a 99.9% chance at winning a ring this year (and the next 5yrs) is the HEAT.

:laugh: Lebron/Wade/Bosh is not enough?

But in all seriousness Dwight on OKC with Durant or the Bulls with Rose would be the best option. Those two teams are built as a contender right now they're both deep teams and young. Heat/Knicks fans wouldn't want to see that happen because it could for sure threaten their chances of winning multiple titles as predicted.

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 06:05 PM
NY is considered a contender thanks to overpaid Tyson Chandler and Baron (if stays healthy) signing with the Knicks. I understand if you said Amare is overrated thanks to his mediocre defense and ZERO boxing out and defensive rebounding (thanks to not boxing out)...but Melo? Nah man, other than last night, Melo has done work since he got to NY. Definitely, not a Joe Johnson!

I think Nets are a contender with Dwight + Deron though. Seems like I'm one of the few.

Melo has been a good scorer but he is a ball stopping black hole on offense. Jab step, jab step.. rise and shot a long fade away from 18ft.. his three pt range is meh.. what he is supposed to be the best at is scoring the ball and even that he cant do efficiently. His passing is underrated and i hope he continues that but he is still heavily overrated. His performance last night was not an anomaly. That is what Melo has been his entire career. Sometimes he is on and sometimes he is off cuz he takes dumb shots. I wont get into his defense.

Amare is pretty much the same except worse defensively and a bad rebounder

Diddy is horribly injury prone so idk how many games the Knicks can expect from him but with a condensed schedule the outlook is bleak for him. There is always a new injury with Baron

Chandler was way overpaid. He has no good pg to make him look like gold and he isnt that good defensively to offset the rest of the Knicks squad's defensive issues.

So if NY is considered a contender based on such a "talented front line" then the hate on Nets + Dwight is unwarrated.

Will he win more with OKC or CHI? most definitely.. however dont hate on the Nets cuz your mad he is not interested in your team (not you just ppl in general).

JayStar-8
12-29-2011, 06:09 PM
It was necessary because Knicks fans are the touchiest fan base in sports and they like to mob ppl that trash their players.

I'd take Dwight (17.4 mil) and Dwill (17.4 mil) over Amare (20 mil), Melo(20 mil), and Chandler(how much was it, 15 mil). A max contract in the new CBA is 30%, so Dwight and Dwill together would take up about 35 mil. Ill take that over Melo, Amare, and Chandler taking up 55 mil.

Dwill > Melo
Howard > Amare + Chandler

JayStar-8
12-29-2011, 06:13 PM

But in all seriousness Dwight on OKC with Durant or the Bulls with Rose would be the best option. Those two teams are built as a contender right now they're both deep teams and young. Heat/Knicks fans wouldn't want to see that happen because it could for sure threaten their chances of winning multiple titles as predicted.

Why is Dwight and Rose so much better than Dwight and Dwill according to the people on PSD? Pleaseeeeeeeeee explain.

Wade>You
12-29-2011, 06:15 PM
why was tmac even discussing this whole situation? he has absolutely no involvement. at least recruit him to your own team to make your opinion relevant. btw put 2 stars in their prime on a team and the vets will followExactly, I wonder how much Dallas and Chicago paid T-Mac to cheer their teams on in the Howard sweepstakes.

#ByPassingTampering101

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 06:17 PM

You keep forgetting how suffocating the heat defense is and the fact that they added Battier as well so Harden wont be a problem

I hate the heat but im not gonna lie.. they seem unbeatable

--23--
12-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Why is Dwight and Rose so much better than Dwight and Dwill according to the people on PSD? Pleaseeeeeeeeee explain.

Bulls and OKC as a team is better than the Nets team plain and simple. Don't turn this into a Rose & Dwight vs D-Will and Dwight cause thats far from my point. I'm talking about the TEAM supporting cast, do you think the Nets team right now is a better choice for a championship than the Bulls & OKC?

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 06:19 PM

Its not. DWill+Howard > DRose+Howard but the Bulls have a great supporting cast

Dade County
12-29-2011, 06:21 PM

I think you missed me posting this ... read below

WHAT!... Nooooo

Nj
L.A
Dallas

Okc
bulls
Clippers

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Bulls and OKC as a team is better than the Nets team plain and simple. Don't turn this into a Rose & Dwight vs D-Will and Dwight cause thats far from my point. I'm talking about the TEAM supporting cast, do you think the Nets team right now is a better choice for a championship than the Bulls & OKC?

This

I think even the biggest Bulls homer would agree that Rose+Dwight is nowhere near as potent as Deron+Dwight

Its about the team and the Bulls have a better coach, and better players

nate2usmc
12-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Melo has been a good scorer but he is a ball stopping black hole on offense. Jab step, jab step.. rise and shot a long fade away from 18ft.. his three pt range is meh.. what he is supposed to be the best at is scoring the ball and even that he cant do efficiently. His passing is underrated and i hope he continues that but he is still heavily overrated. His performance last night was not an anomaly. That is what Melo has been his entire career. Sometimes he is on and sometimes he is off cuz he takes dumb shots. I wont get into his defense.

Amare is pretty much the same except worse defensively and a bad rebounder

Diddy is horribly injury prone so idk how many games the Knicks can expect from him but with a condensed schedule the outlook is bleak for him. There is always a new injury with Baron

Chandler was way overpaid. He has no good pg to make him look like gold and he isnt that good defensively to offset the rest of the Knicks squad's defensive issues.

So if NY is considered a contender based on such a "talented front line" then the hate on Nets + Dwight is unwarrated.

Will he win more with OKC or CHI? most definitely.. however dont hate on the Nets cuz your mad he is not interested in your team (not you just ppl in general).

Only good thing about D'Antoni is making his 3 pt shooting better and it showed last season. Melo does make a lot of those dumb shots which were clutch and his defense is not as bad as ppl make it seem. He's no LeBron in that dept but he isn't a revolving door (Amare) either.

I hated the Chandler signing but he played well against Boston. his numbers are probably gonna be worthless on the Stat sheet this year and he probably looks like **** on defense thanks to Amare just lettin ppl fly by.

It's all on Baron but I gues ppl were making their predictions based on the upside.

I have no high expectations for the team because of the lockout and D'Antoni not having it his way. As long as they make the playoffs, I'm good.

Still, Nets are gonna be fun to watch with Howard and Kris being fed by Deron. A lotta ppl are hatin on Howards impact on a team. You team him up with a top 3 PG, Brooklyn will be bumpin....to my dismay.

JayStar-8
12-29-2011, 06:33 PM
If Dwight reaches free agency, then the Brooklyn Nets give him the best chance to win.
The Nets will keep all their assets that they would trade for Dwight, and have a pretty high draft pick. They can swing Lopez, Humphries, and the Rockets 1st to Portland for LMA. Then they can use Marshon Brooks and their high draft pick to move up and draft Jeremy Lamb. At this point, AK47 would sign for cheap since this team would be amazing.

Deron Williams
Jeremy Lamb / Austin Rivers(if you think Nets can't move up high enough)
Andrei Kirilenko
Lamarcus Aldridge / Brook Lopez (if you think Portland won't do the trade)
Dwight Howard

I wonder if anybody will be saying this isn't a championship contender. Of course, Dwight will probably be traded. But who knows, it's Otis we are talking about.

JayStar-8
Its not. DWill+Howard > DRose+Howard but the Bulls have a great supporting cast

will they still after a trade?

JasonJohnHorn
T-Mac should have taken his own advice when he signed with Orlando, then demanded they trade him. Had he stayed in TO, they would have won a title!

But yes, T-Mac is right. Dwight still can't pass out of the double team, and D-Will isnt even signed long term, so even IF they traded for Dwight, D-Will could still leave at the end of the season for a contender like NY or LA (though he might have to take less pay to sign with either of those teams) and Dwight would be worse off than where he was in Orlando.

Best option for Howard is to shorten his list of trade destinations to LA and hope he lands there. Unless Miami is willing to part with James for Dwight, because Bosh and Dwight would tear $#!T up with Haslem backing them up and D-Wade running the point with Mike Miller at SG and Battier at SF. But Miami aint gonna do that, and LA is the only team with a good enough center that would still have the pieces to contend after the trade.

But Dwight wants to play somewhere else, its his perogative. Orlando has done a $#!T job building around him, or maybe he's just a hard guy to build around. I dont know, but its not working out the way it is right now, for either party.

If Orlando wait until near the deadline though, then LA would be allowed to trade Barnes and Murphy along with Bynum and some draft picks, and I think Orlando would bite on that, and it would actually make Orlando a better team.

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Only good thing about D'Antoni is making his 3 pt shooting better and it showed last season. Melo does make a lot of those dumb shots which were clutch and his defense is not as bad as ppl make it seem. He's no LeBron in that dept but he isn't a revolving door (Amare) either.

I hated the Chandler signing but he played well against Boston. his numbers are probably gonna be worthless on the Stat sheet this year and he probably looks like **** on defense thanks to Amare just lettin ppl fly by.

It's all on Baron but I gues ppl were making their predictions based on the upside.

I have no high expectations for the team because of the lockout and D'Antoni not having it his way. As long as they make the playoffs, I'm good.

Still, Nets are gonna be fun to watch with Howard and Kris being fed by Deron. A lotta ppl are hatin on Howards impact on a team. You team him up with a top 3 PG, Brooklyn will be bumpin....to my dismay.

Even thou i feel he is overrated i still think Melo gets a bad rep. His passing is underrated and he has shown he can play the point forward well. His team defense is putrid but his individual defense can be good at times. he is undeniably clutch.

He is a top 15 player but NY fans who tout themselves as the best frontline in the league and say their defense will be elite this year cuz they overpaid Chandler and drafted an unproven kid with a tendency to chuck shots... its just comical.

I like level headed Knicks fans like you that understand that his team has flaws and is not some juggernaut that will roll over the comp

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 06:38 PM
If Dwight reaches free agency, then the Brooklyn Nets give him the best chance to win.
The Nets will keep all their assets that they would trade for Dwight, and have a pretty high draft pick. They can swing Lopez, Humphries, and the Rockets 1st to Portland for LMA. Then they can use Marshon Brooks and their high draft pick to move up and draft Jeremy Lamb. At this point, AK47 would sign for cheap since this team would be amazing.

Deron Williams
Andrei Kirilenko
Dwight Howard

I wonder if anybody will be saying this isn't a championship contender. Of course, Dwight will probably be traded. But who knows, it's Otis we are talking about.

Dreams

JayStar-8
12-29-2011, 06:38 PM

no way. The Nets are a team full of mercenaries while OKC and the Bulls are both top 5 teams in the league. And I'm not turning this into Rose and Dwight vs. Dwill and Dwight, that's what everyone's been saying. Sure, the team cast for the Bulls is far superior right now, but will it still be that much better once they give up Noah, Deng, picks and whatever else the Magic desire?

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 06:40 PM
will they still after a trade?

Yes. The trade would presumably be Noah and Deng. Dwight replaces Noah and Turk is arguably an improvement over Deng cuz Turk can handle the ball better and create his own shot and is a better shooter

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 06:42 PM
T-Mac should have taken his own advice when he signed with Orlando, then demanded they trade him. Had he stayed in TO, they would have won a title!

But yes, T-Mac is right. Dwight still can't pass out of the double team, and D-Will isnt even signed long term, so even IF they traded for Dwight, D-Will could still leave at the end of the season for a contender like NY or LA (though he might have to take less pay to sign with either of those teams) and Dwight would be worse off than where he was in Orlando.

Best option for Howard is to shorten his list of trade destinations to LA and hope he lands there. Unless Miami is willing to part with James for Dwight, because Bosh and Dwight would tear $#!T up with Haslem backing them up and D-Wade running the point with Mike Miller at SG and Battier at SF. But Miami aint gonna do that, and LA is the only team with a good enough center that would still have the pieces to contend after the trade.

But Dwight wants to play somewhere else, its his perogative. Orlando has done a $#!T job building around him, or maybe he's just a hard guy to build around. I dont know, but its not working out the way it is right now, for either party.

If Orlando wait until near the deadline though, then LA would be allowed to trade Barnes and Murphy along with Bynum and some draft picks, and I think Orlando would bite on that, and it would actually make Orlando a better team.

The failure is strong in this post. So much so that i feel too lazy to bold all the sections i want to address and reply to them.

Anyone else wanna tackle this idiocy?

JayStar-8
12-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Dreams

yes, because there is no way the Magic lose Dwight for nothing right. But then again, it's Otis we are talking about. However, if Dwight does become an FA, Brooklyn is by far the most enticing destination for him.

Deron
Rivers
AK47/Chandler
Lopez
Dwight

is very possible.

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Yes. The trade would presumably be Noah and Deng. Dwight replaces Noah and Turk is arguably an improvement over Deng cuz Turk can handle the ball better and create his own shot and is a better shooter

Deng is a great perimeter defender and can shoot the lights out as well, Turk can handle the ball but the Bulls dont need a point-forward. Turk is also on the decline

njnets825
12-29-2011, 06:47 PM

Deng is way better than Turk. his ball handling ability doesn't come close to making up the difference.

JayStar-8
12-29-2011, 06:51 PM

Rose
Hamilton
Turkoglu
Boozer
Howard

vs.

Deron
Brooks
Turkoglu
Humphries (if Hump gets traded, then do a S&T for Jeff Green in the offseason)
Dwight

I'd give the advantage to the Bulls, but I doubt he goes there for many reasons. Both teams would give at least two 1sts, so they won't really improve through the draft. The Bulls might be better at the moment, but the Nets would have more room for improvement in this scenario. They would have more flexibility(Bulls have Boozer sign to a massive deal) and will be younger.

--23--
12-29-2011, 06:53 PM
no way. The Nets are a team full of mercenaries while OKC and the Bulls are both top 5 teams in the league. And I'm not turning this into Rose and Dwight vs. Dwill and Dwight, that's what everyone's been saying. Sure, the team cast for the Bulls is far superior right now, but will it still be that much better once they give up Noah, Deng, picks and whatever else the Magic desire?

Yea the Bulls cast would be still be good, Lets say Orlando wants Joakim Noah, Deng, Asik, salary cap filler and Two # 1 picks and the Bulls gets Turkoglu from the deal. The Bulls will still have Rose, Boozer, Rip, Korver, Taj Gibson, Brewer, Watson & whatever veterans they can find in FA.

They still will be a great team with a great supporting cast. The Bulls are the only team imo that can give up so much and still have a good supporting cast.

marj987
12-29-2011, 06:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4682654/tracy-mcgrady-has-mavs-future-mapped

Y'all think this might happen?

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 06:59 PM
yes, because there is no way the Magic lose Dwight for nothing right. But then again, it's Otis we are talking about. However, if Dwight does become an FA, Brooklyn is by far the most enticing destination for him.

Deron
Rivers
AK47/Chandler
Lopez
Dwight

is very possible.

Yes and i cant respond to your post because there is too much hoping. You dont know who will be available in the draft at which range and you dont know what picks we will have. You dont know what moves BK will make. Too many ifs to think about. One or two is fine but your talking like a dozen ifs in your post.

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Deng is way better than Turk. his ball handling ability doesn't come close to making up the difference.

Turk is bigger and can play PF at times. Deng is better defensively but the drop off from Deng to Turk is offset by the difference in Dwight and Noah. Bulls are a better team. Rip Hamilton is a better player than any player we would have outside Deron and Dwight

JayStar-8
12-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Yes and i cant respond to your post because there is too much hoping. You dont know who will be available in the draft at which range and you dont know what picks we will have. You dont know what moves BK will make. Too many ifs to think about. One or two is fine but your talking like a dozen ifs in your post.

ok, how is this.

#1: If Dwight becomes an FA, the Nets keep all of their assets including picks and Lopez.

#2: If Dwight becomes an FA, the Nets will keep some of their capspace allowing them to sign better players.

now can you respond? :p

Lake_Show2416
12-29-2011, 07:06 PM
T-Mac is a moron

Chill_Will_24
Rose
Hamilton
Turkoglu
Boozer
Howard

vs.

Deron
Brooks
Turkoglu
Humphries (if Hump gets traded, then do a S&T for Jeff Green in the offseason)
Dwight

I'd give the advantage to the Bulls, but I doubt he goes there for many reasons. Both teams would give at least two 1sts, so they won't really improve through the draft. The Bulls might be better at the moment, but the Nets would have more room for improvement in this scenario. They would have more flexibility(Bulls have Boozer sign to a massive deal) and will be younger.

Again.. you use too much "if" in your post. What makes you think we can get Green if we lose Hump? What makes you think that Brooks is a starter? Cuz he shot 5-12 vs ATL scrubs?

Stop it. The Bulls have a better cast for Howard and would for years.

Wade>You
How much is Mark Cuban paying T-Mac?

That filthy scum thinks he can buy anyone. Probably can, too.

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 07:07 PM
ok, how is this.

#1: If Dwight becomes an FA, the Nets keep all of their assets including picks and Lopez.

#2: If Dwight becomes an FA, the Nets will keep some of their capspace allowing them to sign better players.

now can you respond? :p

Touche but those are some huge and unlikely ifs

--23--
12-29-2011, 07:08 PM
there's already a thread on this http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=681558

Hawkeye15
12-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Why is there so much T-Mac interest? Does he ever shut up? Furthermore, does anyone actually listen to him?

haggis
12-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Why is there so much T-Mac interest? Does he ever shut up? Furthermore, does anyone actually listen to him?

JordansBulls.

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Already posted

Chi StateOfMind
12-29-2011, 07:22 PM
WTF is goin on with all this TMac **** today. When did he become relevant again. But I guess he's entitled to his opinion according to ppl. My opinion is he needs stop worrying about things he can't control. Might as well ask every NBA player what they think and make a thread for each one.

jmoney85
12-29-2011, 07:26 PM

lol dwill has said publicly to several net beat writers that he prefers not to play back home...

jmoney85
12-29-2011, 07:29 PM
tmac is just bitter because billy king turned his scrub *** down

Teeboy1487
12-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of small markets not being competitive? Mark Cuban would most definitely become a hypocrite since he was one of the owners that help blocked the CP3 trade.

onlythisfar41
12-29-2011, 08:04 PM
The failure is strong in this post. So much so that i feel too lazy to bold all the sections i want to address and reply to them.

Anyone else wanna tackle this idiocy?

Ill give it a shot

NBA_Starter
12-29-2011, 08:05 PM
I agree

onlythisfar41
12-29-2011, 08:10 PM

Okay first off, if Tmac had stayed in TO they would have never won the title, they werent anywhere close to having the pieces in place to contend with the elite teams of the times.

Second, youre saying that if Dwill and Dwight were teamed up this year, which is exactly what Dwill wants, that he would leave that situation to go to NY (who has no cap room to sign him) instead of resigning to a place he says he wants to stay in, as long as they get talent around him.

Third, I know you follow that comment by saying Miami would never do that, but even mentioning it as an idea you had is just insanity on so many levels.

Lastly, that would not nearly be enough to trade for Dwight, especially at the deadline where his asking price would increase compared to it during the preseason. The Magic wanted both Gasol and Bynum, so why would they take Bynum the king of injury, Barnes and ****ing Troy Murphy. And tell me how that would make them better????

LakersIn5
12-29-2011, 11:01 PM

yeah tmac doesnt have a right to discuss the dwight situation. dwight dont listen to tmac a former nba superstar and a magic but instead listen to a bunch of forumers.

Sadds The Gr8
12-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Tmac should be an analyst. He's been doing alot more talking than playing lately.

theheatles
12-30-2011, 12:55 AM
mavs are going to clear space and form their own super team with dirk d will and dwight...the 3 BIG D's in big D....i know a guy that knows a guy who knows mark cubans personal assistant and he has this in the works

JordansBulls
12-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Tmac with the good advice as usual.

Shareeb_omac2
12-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Straight from Dwight's mouth...

Specifically, Howard said overall he didn't feel satisfied with the talent around him and he would like to have the kind of personnel input he said Dallas star Dirk Nowitzki enjoys.

"If Dirk told (Dallas owner) Mark (Cuban) 'Hey, I think this is the direction our team is going, this is what we need in the locker room and these are the kind of players we need,' I think Mark would listen," Howard said. "That doesn't mean Mark has to say, OK, we'll make a rash decision. But I think he would listen and really found out what the player needs around him in order to win."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7339981/dwight-howard-talks-trade-request-love-orlando

It's obvious that Dwight and Mark Cuban have been in touch and Mark Cuban has been selling Deron and Dwight on the idea of winning championships. What's better? Dwight and Deron or Dwight, Deron, and Dirk? All the articles mention the part about trading Marion but what they fail to mention is how Dirk has said several times he would take a pay cut if that meant signing other stars.

And why do you think Mark Cuban let all the important pieces from his championship team walk during free agency?

JordansBulls
12-31-2011, 06:11 PM

Maybe people do my friend.R:)

Chi StateOfMind
12-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Tmac should be an analyst. He's been doing alot more talking than playing lately.

This.

king4day
12-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Wow Tmac is supersmart.
So let me get this straight. If you get Howard, the Roster, as is, isn't good? Man that's tight. Someone needs to give this guy some Bazooka Joe

JordansBulls
12-31-2011, 11:49 PM
This.

Actually no, dude has been playing well for the Hawks.

MFFL==FML
01-01-2012, 06:55 PM
All the Mavericks have to do is restructure Dirk's contract, trade Haywood for trade exception/2nd round draft pick, and either amnesty Marion or convince him to restructure his contract too. If he doesn't want to restructure, he can be amnestied. Haywood is an easier player to trade as big men are at a premium. If Dirk and Marion restructure, they have more than enough to get Deron Williams and Dwight Howard, not to mention possibly keeping Odom and resigning Kidd and Terry dirt cheap.

PG: D. Williams - J. Kidd
SG: R. Beaubois - J. Terry
SF: S. Marion - V. Carter
PF: D. Nowitzki - L. Odom
C : D. Howard - Ian Mahinmi

No team would be able to compete with this line-up...

ragee
01-01-2012, 07:35 PM

Deron Williams
Andrei Kirilenko
Dwight Howard

Why the hell would the Blazers trade LA? Sure, the trade looks good on paper but the Blazer would not want to trade their franchise player for prospects after what happened with Roy and Oden.

Not being a homer but I actually believe that if Dwight chooses to test free agency, it would be the Mavs who will have the best chance of signing him. Both D-Will and Dwight have expressed that they wanted to play in Dallas. That is why Cuban is only offering 1 year contracts. People can hate him all they want but people can't deny that he is one of the best owner in the league.

We just have 41mil in our payroll after this season. We have the option to cut Odom and Wright. That would be 9 mil out of our books. We can then amnesty Haywood which would save another 8 mil. Then we could restructure Dirk's contract to make more room. So we do have the cap space to sign both superstars. All we need to do is pray that Dwight does not get traded because we don't have anything to offer that would be better than what the Lakers or the Nets are offering right now.