PDA

View Full Version : what can u say about tmac's 2-game performance?

airborne_06
12-29-2011, 11:21 AM
he's averaging 12 pts in 19 mins.. do you think he has something left on his tank> do you think he needs to get more playing time to improve his output? ur thoughts????:)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-29-2011, 11:30 AM
My first thought was that JB created this trade...smh

TmacBryant
12-29-2011, 11:33 AM
I think he will be a solid 10-15 pts a game, might break out a few games and go over 20-25.

You can't expect him to be the old T-mac, but he will be a 6th man that is needed to jump-start his team's offense.

xbrackattackx
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
He has looked good. Hawks have been looking great.

sep11ie
12-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Wait for it, wait for it....

49erGiantLaker
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM
^lol

airborne_06
12-29-2011, 11:40 AM
sep11ie are you a tmac hater??? i think he needs some confidence and time..

sep11ie
12-29-2011, 11:49 AM
sep11ie are you a tmac hater??? i think he needs some confidence and time..

No, I'm actually not. He's actually a real cool dude, his attitude just disappointed me his last year or so with Houston. It's still a little to fresh for me to be a fan of his right now, but when the dust all clears I'll look at him as one of my top all time Rockets.

rhymeratic
12-29-2011, 11:57 AM
T-Mac has looked good so far but I don't think he can sustain good play consistently. Basically the only thing that is consistent is him being inconsistent. Somedays Knee will feel great, other days not so much but that's kinda good that they have Stackhouse... hopefully they alternate good nights/bad nights between each other and coach guesses right.

Definitely a perfect fit for what ATL tries to do. I really like this team and if things break right they could easily make the finals.

Atlanta is a team that will never be DOMINANT but always very good and need the stars to align aka Miami getting bounced early in playoffs etc for them to make a run in the playoffs.

Iodine
12-29-2011, 12:00 PM
JB made a dupe?

macc
12-29-2011, 12:00 PM
I think T Mac has played great. Just because he isn't a superstar anymore doesn't mean he can't be a solid role player. That's just how people have to look at him. If he's contributing off the bench in a positive way then the best of luck to him and the Hawks.

Rockice_8
12-29-2011, 12:06 PM
He's shot, not nearly the same player he was. This season is gonna break him down, doubt he plays all 66 games. He is still an nba player and should be able to get you 8-10 points a night, but he's a downgrade from Crawford.

Bravo95
12-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Stack won't get much PT, he's more of a lockerroom presence than anything, mentoring the young players. Those minutes will go to Kirk Hinrich when he returns in a few weeks, but for right now, it's Willie Green.

T-Mac has looked great, better fit for this new 2nd unit than Jamal Crawford because he's a more willing passer and actually gives effort on the defensive end. If guys like him and VladRad can give us this kind of production for 50-55 games, the Hawks are in better shape for a run because the lack of depth has been the biggest weakness in recent years.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Having the NBA league pass for free this last week and seeing Hawks games. He looks very, very lazy on the defensive side. Not putting any effort in whatsoever.

Offense is fine, he still needs to get over the fact that he can't do the plays/isos that he used to be able to do when healthy.

Raph12
12-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Fantastic pickup for that price...

smith&wesson
12-29-2011, 03:21 PM
12 points in 19 mins aint bad what was his fg% ??

whitemamba33
12-29-2011, 03:27 PM
He's where he should be. He doesn't belong on a contending team and his game isn't a fraction of what it used to be. He'll plug along for a few more seasons before finally retiring and telling the kids about how he had 2-3 good seasons with the Magic when he was a young gun.

Between him and Allen Iverson, some of you really have issues with letting go of the past.

Tony_Starks
12-29-2011, 03:51 PM
He's still legit, Im surprised more teams didn't give him a look. People complain about his defense but when was he ever a good defender? He's a watered down version of what he used to be but thats better than half of these bums that come off the bench of most teams these days.....

mightybosstone
12-29-2011, 04:25 PM
I think he provides a playmaking presence on the bench that the Hawks haven't always had, and if the Hawks are going to make a legit run this season, he's going to have to be a big piece of it as their sixth man. But it's only been two games, and until he proves he can do it consistently, I say we wait before crowning him sixth man of the year or starting "T-Mac's back!" threads.

Cal827
12-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Mvp,mvp,mvp~!

RLundi
12-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Both Hawk games have been blowouts so his stats may be skewed by considerable garbage-time minutes.

But after 2 games, it's hard to tell. We'll get a better read in a few weeks after the Hawks and T-Mac himself have been tested some.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2011, 05:01 PM
What I expected when healthy.

Corey
12-29-2011, 05:05 PM
He's in the perfect role for him at this stage of his career. Firepower off the bench, not asking him to do too much.

I wanted him on the Celtics quite a bit this offseason as our 6th man.

Bravo95
12-29-2011, 05:21 PM
12 points in 19 mins aint bad what was his fg% ??
53.3%... Hit 8 of 15 shots through 2 games (back to back), with 8 free throw attempts. Also had a steal and a block last night. The Hawks play four games against the Heat and Bulls next week, so hopefully he'll can keep it going.

nolin
12-29-2011, 05:41 PM
he's averaging 12 pts in 19 mins.. do you think he has something left on his tank> do you think he needs to get more playing time to improve his output? ur thoughts????:)

did not know tmac still played. good for him.

IBleedPurple
12-29-2011, 06:06 PM
What I expected when healthy.

This.

justinnum1
12-29-2011, 06:13 PM
lets see how he is after 66 games in 4 months...

Mr.ATLHawks
12-29-2011, 06:26 PM
He's where he should be. He doesn't belong on a contending team and his game isn't a fraction of what it used to be. He'll plug along for a few more seasons before finally retiring and telling the kids about how he had 2-3 good seasons with the Magic when he was a young gun.

Between him and Allen Iverson, some of you really have issues with letting go of the past.

2-3 good seasons? I think you are selling T-Mac a little short their. Allen Iverson was avictim of his own attitude I still think he can play. I dont think anybody was trying to put Tmac into the superstar catagory but yes on this "Contending" Hawks team, not quite sure how we are non-contending as you so adequately put, T Mac is just what we can use. He can dribble the ball up the court and set the offense up, can post up, has a solid midrange game, his defense has been good so far, and he can get to the free throw line. What else do you want out of a bench player. No he is not an upgrade from Jamal Crawford scoring wise, but he is an upgrade in every other catagory.

Hawks have been playing good "team" ball and it appears Joe Johnson has finally learned that he isnt the isolation creator he thought he was and has become a very good team player. Hawks have about as good as shot this year to make the finals in the East as any team not named Miami. We'll see how Rip fits into the Bulls scheme once he becomes better acclimated. But the Hawks are far from Non Contending...

shep33
12-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Not trying to hate but they did play the nets and wizards in those games

Mr.ATLHawks
12-29-2011, 06:29 PM
He's still legit, Im surprised more teams didn't give him a look. People complain about his defense but when was he ever a good defender? He's a watered down version of what he used to be but thats better than half of these bums that come off the bench of most teams these days.....

This....

I think you got Mia on your sig man and it should be Mya....if thats the same person

Mr.ATLHawks
12-29-2011, 06:33 PM
53.3%... Hit 8 of 15 shots through 2 games (back to back), with 8 free throw attempts. Also had a steal and a block last night. The Hawks play four games against the Heat and Bulls next week, so hopefully he'll can keep it going.

He should have more free throws then that he was getting hacked in NJ and they werent calling anything bc the lead was already 30

whitemamba33
12-30-2011, 03:18 AM
2-3 good seasons? I think you are selling T-Mac a little short their. Allen Iverson was avictim of his own attitude I still think he can play. I dont think anybody was trying to put Tmac into the superstar catagory but yes on this "Contending" Hawks team, not quite sure how we are non-contending as you so adequately put, T Mac is just what we can use. He can dribble the ball up the court and set the offense up, can post up, has a solid midrange game, his defense has been good so far, and he can get to the free throw line. What else do you want out of a bench player. No he is not an upgrade from Jamal Crawford scoring wise, but he is an upgrade in every other catagory.

Hawks have been playing good "team" ball and it appears Joe Johnson has finally learned that he isnt the isolation creator he thought he was and has become a very good team player. Hawks have about as good as shot this year to make the finals in the East as any team not named Miami. We'll see how Rip fits into the Bulls scheme once he becomes better acclimated. But the Hawks are far from Non Contending...

He peaked at what? 24 years old? He had three great seasons in Orlando...after that his shooting percentage dwindled and he was never as effective. Still a good player...but no longer a superstar.

I never said he is completely useless right now. In fact I said he has a few more seasons left in him. But people here have a tendency to hype everything he does and make it seem like he is somehow going to magically "come back" and play like he used to. And HE doesn't do much to help his situation when he starts talking about how he's healthy and going to start playing like old school McGrady again.

Do you really believe this Hawks team is a "contender"? There are a handful of teams that are considered contenders, and Atlanta isn't one of them. Perhaps we have different ideas of what a contender is...but just to be clear: if people would be shocked as $#$# to see Atlanta in the finals, then they aren't contenders IN MY BOOKS. I'm not saying they aren't a very good team..but they aren't on the short list of teams that have a realistic shot this year.

asandhu23
12-30-2011, 03:34 AM
wait for it, wait for it....

legend........

......ary!

JordansBulls
12-30-2011, 08:05 PM
My first thought was that JB created this trade...smh

:)

JordansBulls
12-31-2011, 11:56 PM
He played well today.

JordansBulls
01-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Dude was awesome tonight.

dnewguy
01-02-2012, 11:24 PM
T Mac will make shots here and there and remind people of his past, other than that, when everyone is well rested and motivated, TMac can't match up. You wont get many uncontested 3 point shots in the play-offs.

dnewguy
01-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Lets see how they play tommorow night on the second night of a back to back....I predict they get blown out. Their win tonight/T Macs performance was a fluke

Iodine
01-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Over/Under times JB climaxed tonight?

Seven and a half?

thekmp211
01-03-2012, 12:41 AM
great situation for tracy in atlanta. good team, he has a role, but isn't being asked to lead the team in any way. at this point in his career it's perfect, and he really does look healthy and fit. congrats jb.

MonroeFAN
01-03-2012, 01:13 AM
I love how everyone is ignoring the fact that he played well for the Pistons last year too. It was a great pick up for ATL.

Lab Rat Robby
01-03-2012, 01:22 AM
sep11ie had the funniest reply i've ever read on psd.

BKLYNpigeon
01-03-2012, 01:34 AM
looks like he still has a bit of gas in the take after missing all this time. too bad for the Bulls.

sagemania
01-03-2012, 06:40 AM
Fluke my ***. He also had a huge last quarter the game before in houston. He is averaging 12.5 points in the last quarters in the last two games and 14.5 on almost 70% fg and 4 out 5 from the 3p land in the last two games. Overall he is averaging 13 points on 54% from the field this season on only 8 attempted field goals or shots a game. He is a far better option then crawford right now. unlike Crawford, he is a sublime playmaker passer, is a more effecient scorer, he creates others and a better rebounder.

cbs134679
01-03-2012, 08:28 AM
He has a high bball iq and still has some of his athletic ability so I new he still had something left just needed to be on a team worth playing for.

RipCity32
01-03-2012, 09:33 AM
It's really not a surprise he played pretty solid last season with Detroit it's just a lot of people probably didn't see our games but we were using him as a point alot.he's not the same as before but can still be a solid player.

Chronz
01-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Fluke my ***. He also had a huge last quarter the game before in houston. He is averaging 12.5 points in the last quarters in the last two games and 14.5 on almost 70% fg and 4 out 5 from the 3p land in the last two games. Overall he is averaging 13 points on 54% from the field this season on only 8 attempted field goals or shots a game. He is a far better option then crawford right now. unlike Crawford, he is a sublime playmaker passer, is a more effecient scorer, he creates others and a better rebounder.

Those stats sound very flukish, but thats not to say he wont continue playin well all year. Its just unreasonable to expect that kind of consistency.

Still this is the kind of progression we should expect from a player who has put in the effort to recover from MF, its year 2.5, he should be back to where he was albeit slightly older. Hes definitely quicker than he was a year ago.