PDA

View Full Version : How good would a Durant/Howard combination be? But.....

Wade>You
12-29-2011, 04:34 AM
the Thunder don't have Perkins, Westbrook, and Harden.

I'd be interested to see that Howard and Durant combination. They're probably the two best youngest players in the NBA, their window would be a lot of years.

I think they could make the NBA Finals.

Raph12
12-29-2011, 04:39 AM
KD-Ibaka-D12 could destroy any team on any given night; but it won't happen. Too much uncertainty, Dwight wouldn't resign and they'd need a pass-first PG who could create... Easily title contenders though.

Fly
12-29-2011, 04:42 AM
:drool: The backcourt would be pretty bad, though.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2011, 04:42 AM
Depends on the other team mates.

Fnom11
12-29-2011, 04:49 AM
Rose, Griffin, Curry>Westbrook.

Cal827
12-29-2011, 04:51 AM
They would definitely need a playmaking/defensive SG or PG... A score first back guard would throw it off (even more so that Westbrook does sometimes). They have Thabo who is good defensively, so it would mainly depend on who's bringing the ball up the court..

It would be funny to see them play Miami though As both teams would have clear advantages at one point (E.g Wade at SG, Howard at C), one really close match-up to call (Lebron/Durant).

Assuming they got that PG, I would say finals contender. But who knows. We haven't seen Howard as the "bad guy", so we don't know exactly how he would respond, or if he would even resign after the first run.

But on a side note, **** Dwight Howard, that traitorous *****.

sunsfan88
12-29-2011, 05:02 AM
OKC isnt one of the 3 places Dwight said he'd resign with.

/thread

MJ-BULLS
12-29-2011, 05:09 AM

what is this supposed to mean?

97NYer
12-29-2011, 05:11 AM
:drool: The backcourt would be pretty bad, though.

Thabo starts anyway and Maynor is more of a pure pg then Westbrook. They still have D Cook for some scoring of the bench.

Maynor/Jackson
Thabo/Cook
Durant
Ibaka/Collison
Howard

Actually matches up decently with the Heat so they could maybe win a title. Won't ever happen though

VCaintdead17
12-29-2011, 05:16 AM

I'm still confused by this post.

loublue22
12-29-2011, 05:22 AM
Westbrook/Ibaka is enough for Dwight, I wouldn't give up Harden and WB

LAdamJ
12-29-2011, 05:32 AM
OKC isnt one of the 3 places Dwight said he'd resign with.

/thread

Nice input. Billups also told all teams he would retire if he got picked up...he looks pretty happy now. There is no need for negativity.

On another note I dont think they would do well because of them getting rid of Harden. He is big for that team and I could see him being more important for them to win a title than Westbrook. Perk and Westbrook would be a good enough combo to get Dwight though. Then maybe trade some pieces for Mo Williams?

Dade County
12-29-2011, 12:34 PM
KD + Howard = 5 trips to the finals... to bad they have to face the HEAT 4 out of the 5 times.

kozelkid
12-29-2011, 12:51 PM
KD + Howard = 5 trips to the finals... to bad they have to face the HEAT 4 out of the 5 times.

Good thing, they'd most likely be able to keep Harden and Ibaka. And probably would beat the heat most of those times (although I don't think it'll be 4).

But nice to know heat fans can still make such bold guarantees after not 1, not 2, etc.

JayStar-8
12-29-2011, 12:53 PM
KD-Ibaka-D12 could destroy any team on any given night; but it won't happen. Too much uncertainty, Dwight wouldn't resign and they'd need a pass-first PG who could create... Easily title contenders though.

Imagine Steve Nash on that team.

Nash
Thabo
Durant
Ibaka
Howard

but yeah, he won't resign there.

Sportfan
12-29-2011, 01:06 PM
They would be idiots to trade Westy Harden and Perk

Lakeshow24KB
12-29-2011, 01:14 PM

Are you comparing a PF to a PG?

rapjuicer06
12-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Dwight would be a straight up fool not to resign with the Thunder. He's all about winning, he can market himself anywhere.

The trade would most likely be (if there was one) Westbrook/Ibaka/Perkins for Dwight/Jameer...with fillers from both teams to equal out salary

So it'd give OKC 2 of the best players in the game that compliment each other amazingly

Nelson/Maynor
Harden/Thabo
Durant/
Collison
Howard/Aldrich

Dwight would have 2 things on that team that he has never had, a pure scorer and a play maker. Harden/Durant/Howard would be the most complete big three in the NBA

SaimuKala
12-29-2011, 02:27 PM

:confused:

Raph12
12-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Dwight would be a straight up fool not to resign with the Thunder. He's all about winning, he can market himself anywhere.

The trade would most likely be (if there was one) Westbrook/Ibaka/Perkins for Dwight/Jameer...with fillers from both teams to equal out salary

So it'd give OKC 2 of the best players in the game that compliment each other amazingly

Nelson/Maynor
Harden/Thabo
Durant/
Collison
Howard/Aldrich

Dwight would have 2 things on that team that he has never had, a pure scorer and a play maker. Harden/Durant/Howard would be the most complete big three in the NBA

Durant owns OKC and Dwight doesn't want to be labelled a sidekick; plus it's a small market and that in Oklahoma (no offence). Dwight would not be happy living there and he wouldn't be happy playing in Durant's shadow for the rest of his career.

Fnom11
12-29-2011, 07:43 PM

For everyone wondering what I meant by that

They're probably the two best youngest players in the NBA, their window would be a lot of years.