PDA

View Full Version : Mark Jackson needs to...

asandhu23
12-29-2011, 02:23 AM
STOP SLOWING THE ****ING OFFENSE DOWN. The first half was bad because he slowed this team down. This is a pure run and gun team. STOP CHANGING THE OFFENSE. Our defense is the problem, not the offense.

He changed back to run and gun ( with D added ) tonight ( in second half ) and yesterday and look we WON!!!

Mark, if you are reading this, take this advice.

Lloyd Christmas
12-29-2011, 02:25 AM
Agreed.

likemystylez
12-29-2011, 02:39 AM
STOP SLOWING THE ****ING OFFENSE DOWN. The first half was bad because he slowed this team down. This is a pure run and gun team. STOP CHANGING THE OFFENSE. Our defense is the problem, not the offense.

He changed back to run and gun ( with D added ) tonight ( in second half ) and yesterday and look we WON!!!

Mark, if you are reading this, take this advice.

I think its harder to run with ish smith because he doesnt throw it up front like steph curry does. Also, smith doesnt take off ahead of the rebounders to get some momentum on the offense. he takes the ball 80 feet from the basket and basically walks it up to the front court. Thats why they had like 6 or 7 bad shots or violations int he last few seconds of the shot clock.

David lee outletting it to mid court to curry actually speeds things up a lot.

MackShock
12-29-2011, 02:44 AM
very good job by recognizing he had to speed it up..rookie coach my butt..lol

lol, please
12-29-2011, 02:47 AM
As the announcers were saying, it might have been brilliant coaching from MJ, switching it up on the Kicks moving Monta and such.

lol, please
12-29-2011, 02:48 AM
Is Mark Jackson basketball's Jim Harbaugh!? :laugh2:

ESaady
12-29-2011, 02:55 AM
Mark Jackson knows the offense is there so do the players. He is making sure the players know the fundamentals BOTH offensively AND MORE SO defensively before he lets this team run n gun.

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2011, 03:45 AM
Marc Jackson needs to trade Monta Ellis for a legit SG like Iggy

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 03:58 AM
Marc Jackson is allot smarter then you think. This game was close all the way till' the 4th quarter. I think what he was doing was running a half court offense purposely so that we can get some experience in running it. He now's that in order to become an elite defense, your going to have to know how to run, as well as play half court. Were not always going to be able to determinate the tempo of the game, so why not try & improve what is considered a weakness of the team?

Monta is beast
Marc Jackson needs to trade Monta Ellis for a legit SG like Iggy

:facepalm:

Monta is beast
Mark Jackson knows the offense is there so do the players. He is making sure the players know the fundamentals BOTH offensively AND MORE SO defensively before he lets this team run n gun.

This.

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 04:00 AM
Is Mark Jackson basketball's Jim Harbaugh!? :laugh2:

I think so. He turned this team into a great defensive team, in literally two weeks. This team can be a threat in the playoffs if we can lean how to execute in the half court offense.

Public Enemy #1
12-29-2011, 04:15 AM
Killed the Knicks with great defense. Rush was a great pick up. Offense struggled until the 4th. Its hard to run and gun and play great defense... Balance will come, but right now, Warriors need to continue playing strong defense.

MackShock
12-29-2011, 04:23 AM
Damn..so far the Bay Area is getting turned upside down.

I dont want us to get too excited though, we still need to win on the road, and so far we've only been playing at home. So dont get your hopes up too high until we can consistently win road games.

GSWJunkie
12-29-2011, 04:47 AM
Early assessment, 2-1 against some strong teams, even though we are at home. I am liking the defensive mentality. Props so far and I hope it continues when we head out for our first road trip. Good defense can travel, so as long as they keep defending better and out rebounding our opponents we should have some good opportunities to win on the road in areas where we fans would basically just throw in the towel. Like against San Antonio, GOD I hate those guys, they always kill us in San Antonio so I hope we get some revenge at some point this season.

GSWJunkie
12-29-2011, 04:50 AM
By the way, if MJ wants to slow the offense down, I have no problems with it so long as he continues to find ways to win. I'd rather be slow and a winner than fast and a loser. Winning games is the ultimate barometer for success in this league and as long as we keep getting W's I have no issue with the slow-down offense. Although I know we are pretty bad at executing it. It's been that way for a long time and won't change any time soon. They just gotta keep getting better and that would make me happy as a die-hard fan.

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 04:53 AM
Damn..so far the Bay Area is getting turned upside down.

I dont want us to get too excited though, we still need to win on the road, and so far we've only been playing at home. So dont get your hopes up too high until we can consistently win road games.

On the road usually the bench plays a huge role, and that's one of are strengths. Also defense plays a huge role on the road, and that's one of our strengths. Also depth plays a huge role on the road, and that's one of our strengths. Also coaching plays a huge role on the road, and that's one of our strengths.

:D

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 04:56 AM
By the way, if MJ wants to slow the offense down, I have no problems with it so long as he continues to find ways to win. I'd rather be slow and a winner than fast and a loser. Winning games is the ultimate barometer for success in this league and as long as we keep getting W's I have no issue with the slow-down offense. Although I know we are pretty bad at executing it. It's been that way for a long time and won't change any time soon. They just gotta keep getting better and that would make me happy as a die-hard fan.

I don't think he intends to slow the team down a whole lot. With Curry out tonight we would have gotten outscored by Stoudemire & Anthony, so he decided to slow it down. That's not a problem with me, because it allows us to become more versatile & shows how much defensive improvement we have really made. I mean we have absolutely dominated opposing teams star players.

MackShock
12-29-2011, 05:09 AM
^ Yes we have, and we just have to keep up the pressure. Hopefully everything you mentioned does transfer over to the road. We cant afford to lose road games. A championship team will always win on the road, and if we can do that, it's a good indication. I cant wait til we play contending teams like Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Thunder..that will tell us where we are as a team.

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 05:12 AM
^ Yes we have, and we just have to keep up the pressure. Hopefully everything you mentioned does transfer over to the road. We cant afford to lose road games. A championship team will always win on the road, and if we can do that, it's a good indication. I cant wait til we play contending teams like Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Thunder..that will tell us where we are as a team.

After the 76ers game which I believe we will win, we got the Suns, Spurs, & Lakers on the road. If we can take 2 out of 3 I would be ecstatic about this team. Then we come home to play the Jazz, Heat, & Magic. So we will know if this team can contend with championship teams.

MackShock
12-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Dude...we have to win in San Antonio..that place is like a buzzkill for us. We also need to defy the laws of relativity and win at Staples Center..dont know man..Lakers messed up the Jazz pretty bad after waking up to a 0-2 record..

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 05:21 AM
vs Philadelphia
@ Phoenix
@ San Antonio
@ LA Lakers
vs Utah
vs Miami
vs Orlando
@ Charlotte
@ Detroit
@ New Jersey
vs Indiana
vs Memphis
vs Portland
vs Oklahoma City
vs Sacramento
vs Utah

I think we have a good possibility to get off to a strong start. Looking at these game I say we start off 13 & 6 maybe 14 & 5.

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Dude...we have to win in San Antonio..that place is like a buzzkill for us. We also need to defy the laws of relativity and win at Staples Center..dont know man..Lakers messed up the Jazz pretty bad after waking up to a 0-2 record..

We have to win in one of the two that's for sure.

lol, please
12-29-2011, 05:32 AM
:facepalm:
:laugh2:

I think so. He turned this team into a great defensive team, in literally two weeks. This team can be a threat in the playoffs if we can lean how to execute in the half court offense.

:clap:

MackShock
12-29-2011, 05:45 AM
we need to win both of them

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 06:18 AM
we need to win both of them

When did Marc Jackson make an account on PSD?

MackShock
12-29-2011, 06:42 AM
Mark* marc jackson reminds me of that garbage center...

And he didn't?

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Mark* marc jackson reminds me of that garbage center...

And he didn't?

Is it Mark? And I was joking cause you sound like him lol. It would be great if we win both of those game.

MackShock
12-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Yes m a r k. And no I don't lol

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Warriors won the first 5 home game last season, look how that turned out, a 36 win season. tough game in Philadelphia, Warriors were terrible last year on the road. we were 10-31 last season on the road, that needs to improve.

likemystylez
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Warriors won the first 5 home game last season, look how that turned out, a 36 win season. tough game in Philadelphia, Warriors were terrible last year on the road. we were 10-31 last season on the road, that needs to improve.

its not in PHI its in oakland again. Also- Im not sure if its a lot tuffer than the bulls or the knicks without steph curry. It sounds like steph curry is planning to play against the 6ers too.

hopefully the knicks game will serve as a confidence booster to ish smith and brandon rush. MCguire has probably earned some minutes too.

GSWJunkie
12-29-2011, 12:15 PM
I don't think we win all three of those first road games. Two is realistic, but even if we only win one, I really hope it's against San Antonio because we have never won at AT&T Center. WE NEED TO END THIS LOSING STREAK in San Antonio and I REALLLY hope it happens this season.

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2011, 02:45 PM
its not in PHI its in oakland again. Also- Im not sure if its a lot tuffer than the bulls or the knicks without steph curry. It sounds like steph curry is planning to play against the 6ers too.

hopefully the knicks game will serve as a confidence booster to ish smith and brandon rush. MCguire has probably earned some minutes too.

I thought it was a road game. well anyway, my point is still the same. Warriors can win at home. they need to get better on the road. 10-31 on the road is atrocious. If they can get over .500 they can get to the playoffs.

MackShock
12-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Id rather sit curry until 100 % healthy if ish smith is playing this well

dayreezy
12-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Mark Jackson needs to.... smile :) after all this is a no excuses team!!

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Id rather sit curry until 100 % healthy if ish smith is playing this well

I think he is. He has been getting treatment & was considering playing in the game against the Knicks. He should be 100% healthy for the 76ers game.

MackShock
12-29-2011, 11:18 PM
No way..at least a couple weeks til 100 percent healthy..id say 85 tops

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 11:20 PM
No way..at least a couple weeks til 100 percent healthy..id say 85 tops

No way, he was walking 10 minutes after it happened, he considered playing against the Knicks, & he is getting treatment every day. He should be at least 90% when we play the 76ers.

MackShock
12-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Wood u want him to risk it?

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Wood u want him to risk it?

No. I agree it would be better to let him sit against the 76ers since it's a home game, but were going to need him when we go on the road-trip.

steveweve
12-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Mark Jackson doesn't need to do jack ****. If we can consistently hold teams to around 90, thats a easy W for us whether in run and gun or half court offense. Bulls and Knicks for an example cough. I think the benefits of playing a half court offense some of the game is to keep our defense on their toes and not so gassed from running back and forth 100x. And to allow them to play the lock down D they've been playing. Anyways, no matter which style we're playing. Our transition points off of steals and forced turnovers will always give us an significant amount of points.

Monta is beast
12-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Mark Jackson doesn't need to do jack ****. If we can consistently hold teams to around 90, thats a easy W for us whether in run and gun or half court offense. Bulls and Knicks for an example cough. I think the benefits of playing a half court offense some of the game is to keep our defense on their toes and not so gassed from running back and forth 100x. And to allow them to play the lock down D they've been playing. Anyways, no matter which style we're playing. Our transition points off of steals and forced turnovers will always give us an significant amount of points.

This.

MackShock
12-30-2011, 12:01 AM
you guys need to stop mocking the knicks forum.. you know how we said that they are cocky ans rude? Well this makes us no better than they are..I'm excited to throw it in their face too but I went over there and they weren't even talking that much smack in the GT..they seem like pretty civil dudes...until they lose, then all hell breaks loose.

steveweve
12-30-2011, 12:37 AM
^^ Whats wrong you dont like my sig?
:)

Monta is beast
12-30-2011, 02:42 AM
you guys need to stop mocking the knicks forum.. you know how we said that they are cocky ans rude? Well this makes us no better than they are..I'm excited to throw it in their face too but I went over there and they weren't even talking that much smack in the GT..they seem like pretty civil dudes...until they lose, then all hell breaks loose.

Dude, you should have seen them before the game. You seen my sig. But don't go over board. I got an infraction for no reason.

MackShock
12-30-2011, 04:27 AM
Definitely..but he gets more time for treatment and to heal up..To NBA standards, 90% is more than a green light to go..but they way we played vs the Knicks last night makes me think we can let Curry rest. However, we woke up in the 2nd half, and the first half was way too sluggish. Preach it, Mark, preach it at halftime

Monta is beast
12-30-2011, 04:42 AM
Definitely..but he gets more time for treatment and to heal up..To NBA standards, 90% is more than a green light to go..but they way we played vs the Knicks last night makes me think we can let Curry rest. However, we woke up in the 2nd half, and the first half was way too sluggish. Preach it, Mark, preach it at halftime

Yeah. If Jackson feels we have a more then good shot at winning without Curry, then let him heal. But I think he does play.

MackShock
12-30-2011, 05:05 AM
I say limit his minutes if he does, especially if he's out of sync. Otherwise, let him play if he's on fire. If he tweaks it again, game over

Monta is beast
12-30-2011, 05:16 AM
I say limit his minutes if he does, especially if he's out of sync. Otherwise, let him play if he's on fire. If he tweaks it again, game over

If were winning no matter how Curry is playing I would sit him, and I think Jackson will.

MackShock
12-30-2011, 05:49 AM
Sweet...rest up young one..

What if Ish Smith plays helllllla well..do we still need Curry? Is he expendable now?

Monta is beast
12-30-2011, 06:07 AM

What if Ish Smith plays helllllla well..do we still need Curry? Is he expendable now?

I don't think so.

killaT
12-30-2011, 06:14 AM
"were a no excuse team"

ive heard the same thing from mike brown in his introductory press conference with the lakers.

is mark jackson the next terry porter or mike singletary?

good motivators but do they really know the ins-and outs of the game? we shall see....

MackShock
12-30-2011, 06:15 AM
me neither...

MackShock
12-30-2011, 06:16 AM
"were a no excuse team"

ive heard the same thing from mike brown in his introductory press conference with the lakers.

is mark jackson the next terry porter or mike singletary?

good motivators but do they really know the ins-and outs of the game? we shall see....

lol..i know what you really mean killa..wink wink. not gonna say it though.

terry porter sucks, singletary is respectable so i wouldnt mind that comparison..

mark jackson has our guys motivated though, so kudos to him

Leandres_sf
12-30-2011, 03:02 PM

Even if Ish continues to play well, I'd still rather him be a bench player. It'd have to be one hell of an offer to give up Curry.

That's where Malone comes in...even if Jackson appears to know the 'ins and outs' of the game...I'd still be forced to believe the credit is due to Malone.