PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys like how they are calling fouls...

ClippersE.G
12-29-2011, 02:14 AM
We will not count the Heat cause you cant breathe on them this year, but besides them, do you guys like how they are letting em play this year? I watched alot of the games and notice the refs dont call little ticky tack fouls, or anything pump fake related, or those plays where the players would try to draw contact by jumping into the players. There are other instances too when what has always been a foul is not getting called and I have heard countless times "they are letting them play" ..more than ever before.
:clap:

Lakeshow24KB
12-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Ehh not really. Tony Douglas got called twice in a row for putting two hands
On monta Ellis's back. And when players trip it's usually called a foul even if the defender made no contact

Phenomenonsense
12-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Jerebko has been fouling out since Pre-season (or getting 5 fouls) because he isn't allowed to bang with other PFs. For the most part it seems the same to me, though I like more traveling calls.

Raph12
12-29-2011, 02:47 AM
No they make calls according to the teams, when Dwight was playing Perk, he couldn't buy a whistle down there in the post; but against the Rockets, they weren't allowed to touch him... They aren't being consistent.

PacersForLife
12-29-2011, 03:17 AM
I think the refs have been the rustiest guys coming out of the lockout.

Hellcrooner
12-29-2011, 05:10 AM
No

i havent liked the calls since early 90s.

A foul has to be a foul no matter who is wacking who.

Kyle N.
12-29-2011, 05:28 AM
No

Ding ding ding! If only I could feel like that actually happens consistently. :sigh:

YourTeamSucks
12-29-2011, 05:41 AM
go to bed u guys nothings gonna change here

Heatcheck
12-29-2011, 12:35 PM
We will not count the Heat cause you cant breathe on them this year, but besides them, do you guys like how they are letting em play this year? I watched alot of the games and notice the refs dont call little ticky tack fouls, or anything pump fake related, or those plays where the players would try to draw contact by jumping into the players. There are other instances too when what has always been a foul is not getting called and I have heard countless times "they are letting them play" ..more than ever before.
:clap:

waaah waaaah waaaaah

tredigs
12-29-2011, 12:58 PM
No they make calls according to the teams, when Dwight was playing Perk, he couldn't buy a whistle down there in the post; but against the Rockets, they weren't allowed to touch him... They aren't being consistent.

You have to judge games outside of your favorite player/team in the league, it helps out in the objectivity department, just saying.

I've already seen ~25 games (week off - booya) and I think it's awesome. No longer can you pump-fake/jump into the defense and earn 2 from the stripe (though I saw a close version of it called in a game, so they do indeed still lack consistency on the new fouls. I think this has to do much more with the ref and not the players though, as it was called for Ryan Anderson). That alone makes the league a better product, and in general the games are much better (see: less) officiated yes.

Sly Guy
12-29-2011, 01:42 PM
I like the idea. I think by in large, the officials have been really bad this year, not in an NBA conspiracy kind of way, but just a lot of blown calls.

sixers247
12-29-2011, 01:53 PM
The people crying about the Heat all over this forum is getting olddddddddddddddddd

Dolfan305
12-29-2011, 01:54 PM
LOL at people still crying about the Heat getting foul calls. Here's a crazy idea, maybe it's because they are aggressive and attack the basket!

Raph12
12-29-2011, 03:15 PM
You have to judge games outside of your favorite player/team in the league, it helps out in the objectivity department, just saying.

I've already seen ~25 games (week off - booya) and I think it's awesome. No longer can you pump-fake/jump into the defense and earn 2 from the stripe (though I saw a close version of it called in a game, so they do indeed still lack consistency on the new fouls. I think this has to do much more with the ref and not the players though, as it was called for Ryan Anderson). That alone makes the league a better product, and in general the games are much better (see: less) officiated yes.

Wade has done that several times in the three games they played; and I know what you mean, I was just giving an example as to how they aren't being consistent with the whistles.

I like the idea of "player control" (called it that in highschool | a player jumping into the defender) and no basket when you just chuck-a-shot after a whistle; but they need to be consistent with the calls. For example: if you're going to let the bigs play in a game, everytime a wing player drives, he shouldn't get a call just for getting touched in/on his way to the paint.

Nick O
12-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Ive noticed alot more Charges being called.... dont know how i feel about that

GMEN4EVER
12-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Calls have been pretty bad. Not sure what the op is watching. But just because they maybe called fewer fouls doesn't mean they're doing a better job. They're still calling a lot of ticky tack fouls here and there, and that's the issue. The consistency is deplorable. Maybe they're letting a couple things slide, but that's not necessarily a good thing. Refs in the NBA still set the standard for pathetic officiating in professional sports.

gaughan333
12-29-2011, 03:52 PM
waaah waaaah waaaaah

Some heat fans are blind

Heatcheck
12-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Some heat fans are blind

waaah waah waaah

welcome to the nba buddy, there are bad calls for both teams during the games.

Fnom11
12-29-2011, 07:50 PM
LOL at people still crying about the Heat getting foul calls. Here's a crazy idea, maybe it's because they are aggressive and attack the basket!

Lol come on man stop trolling....

smith&wesson
12-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Honestly i dont feel its much different. its always been inconsistent and it remains that way.

gotoHcarolina52
12-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Love the way the games have been called thus far. Great job refs :clap:

Law25
12-29-2011, 08:36 PM
The foul calling is getting better, but there are always some players that sneak through the system like Flopping!! As!! Billups!! My man Fish is getting non of those charge calls he's used to getting. Its been no call or block lol If the reffs get consistant, and get rid of some star calls than players will adapt and actualy use there basketball talents to win games not there acting.

SlimKid
12-29-2011, 08:56 PM
I actually like the fact that they seem to be calling more charges, I could be in the minority on that one but it's the one thing that seems to be constant so far..

kalel
12-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Ehh not really. Tony Douglas got called twice in a row for putting two hands
On monta Ellis's back. And when players trip it's usually called a foul even if the defender made no contact

don't know what basketball y but anytime you put two hands on a guy, especially in his back, its always going to be a foul.

JEDean89
12-29-2011, 09:32 PM
they just need to take away giving superstars the benefit of the doubt. i have seen tons of gif's on this forum alone of lebron flopping. if the ref doesn't see it don't call. fire joey crawford!

arkanian215
12-29-2011, 11:37 PM
I know Howard is a beast but he literally put his hands on the Nets bigs tonight and shoved them away. That isn't boxing out. Other than tonight, it hasn't been too bad.

Kyle N.
12-30-2011, 03:20 AM
A foul is a foul and not a foul is not a foul. It doesn't matter who did it and it doesn't matter when it happens. That's all I want to see. :shrug:

Flashsides
12-30-2011, 03:39 AM
I actually like the fact that they seem to be calling more charges, I could be in the minority on that one but it's the one thing that seems to be constant so far..

I like calling more charges too. Charges are risky. You're sacrificing both body and getting called for a block.

DR_1
12-30-2011, 09:51 AM
No

:win:

Raupie
12-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Definitely like more charges being called. Guys stop playing defense when they try to step in to take a charge and they get a knee to the face and then get called for a foul on top of that. It takes much of the skill out of the game if players can just bulldoze their way to the hoop every time and fouls get called against the defense no matter what.

Not sure if you have ever played pickup with someone like that. They bulldoze you over and any contact they blame on the defense...

Dade County
12-30-2011, 10:24 AM
The foul calling is getting better, but there are always some players that sneak through the system like Flopping!! As!! Billups!! My man Fish is getting non of those charge calls he's used to getting. Its been no call or block lol If the reffs get consistant, and get rid of some star calls than players will adapt and actualy use there basketball talents to win games not there acting.

You mean Paul Pierce the actress :clap:

theheatles
12-30-2011, 10:37 AM
i would be jealous of the miamis greatness too if i weren't already a fan

ClippersE.G
12-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Ding ding ding! If only I could feel like that actually happens consistently. :sigh:

I agree..but I mean I watched the Lakers game the other day and there were several instances where Kobe was fouled (not just flopping) and they did not call anything

ClippersE.G
12-30-2011, 03:58 PM
waaah waaaah waaaaah

when you compare the calls they get to other IDENTICAL plays in other games that dont get called ....it is not "Crying"
Especially with Free League Pass right now. Slightly bump into Lebrick or Wade and they get a foul called, watch players on other teams get the same contact or way more and nothing gets called

ClippersE.G
12-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Ive noticed alot more Charges being called.... dont know how i feel about that

Like I said I have watched alot of games and I see alot of guys fall down trying to take charges and then players just scoring over them because nothing gets called so hmmm

ClippersE.G
12-30-2011, 04:02 PM
they just need to take away giving superstars the benefit of the doubt. i have seen tons of gif's on this forum alone of lebron flopping. if the ref doesn't see it don't call. fire joey crawford!

If Lebrick gets the calls everytime why wouldnt he flop? With the Heat I noticed the bogus calls happen more when they are on a scoring spurt and it almost seems the refs dont want to mess up their momentum haha

ClippersE.G
12-30-2011, 04:03 PM
You mean Paul Pierce the actress :clap:

When Pierce comes back and he tries his little pump move and flailing of the arms and doesnt get the call then we will know they really are serious about not calling this and in my opinion its great

ClippersE.G
12-30-2011, 04:06 PM
i would be jealous of the miamis greatness too if i weren't already a fan

I am not jealous. WHen the Heat play a decent team that plays decent to ok D they will lose. Alot of teams suck this year so who knows when that will be. Lebrick and Wade leaking out to get wide open dunks, or their constant attempt to just dunk and lay the ball up all game will eventually get to them like every year. But meanwhile in the regular season they will give their fans false hope. Even more this year, they are not shooting 3s, and when they (Lebrick and Wade) will have to shoot them later down the line they will be too scared to or miss horribly since they have not done it all year. They will get too used to never shooting that they will suck even more than previous years.

With that said, the East sucks so I dont see how the Heat shouldnt atleast make it to the NBA Finals.

John Walls Era
12-30-2011, 04:11 PM
I hate when they give leeway to "defensive players" and against the not so good defenders they harshly call fouls on them. The reffing isn't that bad if you expected it to be like this. If a player drives, theres almost some contact on every play, the refs need to treat this more as a contact sport and allow some things to slide instead of slowing the game down and calling a foul. They need to differentiate between creating contact and getting hit.