PDA

View Full Version : KD/Westbrook altercation

KB24PG16
12-29-2011, 01:44 AM
They reportedly had to seperated via marc steins twitter.

RT @dailythunder: @DarnellMayberry reports that KD and Westbrook had an altercation tonight and had to be separated: http://bit.ly/uzFshm

Maybe it's nothin. As @ESPN_Caplan suggests, maybe Westbrook/Durant spat will be blip for OKC like Terry v Carlisle last season. However ...

There are differences aplenty. Starting with fact that scrutiny meter on Durant/Westbrook relationship will now never switch off. Never

http://twitter.com/#!/ESPNSteinLine

asandhu23
12-29-2011, 01:47 AM
Westy is out of there.

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 01:49 AM
And so it begins

Yakuza
This has carried over from the playoffs. Westbrook has to be gone. I wouldnt be surprised a Russell W for Howard trade.

Bruno
westbrook needs to defer. he's playing alongside the most talent scorer of this generation.

MrfadeawayJB
12-29-2011, 01:51 AM
I watched Westbrook play vs the Grizz tonight and he shot 0-13. He is not "the guy" he thinks he is. I think he is actually the 3rd best player on that team behind Durant and Harden. They should have traded him for Paul

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 01:51 AM
I hope Nets offer Deron for Westbrook.

Iodine
12-29-2011, 01:52 AM
:sigh: I love what Westy brings but Durant has been so classy and throughout the game Westbrook just looked brooding.

It could be the beginning of the end but let's not over react. If it is like this 2 weeks from now get ready for a trade, until then just be depressed Westbrook's emotional and ego issues could rob us of one of the great one two punches for the decade

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 01:52 AM
I watched Westbrook play vs the Grizz tonight and he shot 0-13. He is not "the guy" he thinks he is. I think he is actually the 3rd best player on that team behind Durant and Harden. They should have traded him for Paul

Then you clearly missed the first half of last season.

Nets/Raiders!
12-29-2011, 01:53 AM
oh boy, that could spell trouble

Dade County
12-29-2011, 01:56 AM
just so stupid, if this is true...

They could lock down the west for a very long time.

GoPacers33
12-29-2011, 01:56 AM
Good bye Westy

northsider
12-29-2011, 01:58 AM
Well the good news is the Thunder IMO have a franchise face type player to dangle and see what he could net. Regardless of his down falls Westbrook can be something special in this league.

ravistarr
12-29-2011, 01:58 AM
http://newsok.com/thunder-notebook-russell-westbrook-struggles-after-altercation-with-kevin-durant/article/3635701?custom_click=rss

jrm2054
12-29-2011, 02:08 AM
if it comes to it westbrook is out hope they fix it

showtym24
12-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Pau for westbrook! JK

GhostfaceDrilla
12-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Westbrook is a good player but he lacks a brain and thinks he is Jordan.

marvILLous
12-29-2011, 02:14 AM
http://newsok.com/thunder-notebook-russell-westbrook-struggles-after-altercation-with-kevin-durant/article/3635701?custom_click=rss

that's what i thought it would be.. nothing big.. i don't think they were arguing over how they were playing in the game

either way, they still went out and won the game lol

Fresno
12-29-2011, 02:14 AM
This is Marbury/KG all over again.

KG/Marbury had the potential to be one of the best duos in NBA history and develop their games together. KG was 22 and Marbury was 21 at the time and Marbury ruined it because he didnt want to defer to KG and he wanted to be "The Man" on the team. Marbury made it clear to management that once his contract expired that he was going to sign elsewhere, and him not wanting to be a team player led to issues with KG & other teammates. Eventually management had to jump the gun and move Marbury in the middle of the lockout season because it couldn't go on any further.

Fastforward 13 years and here we go again.

Durant is an Elite player, while Westbrook is at best a 2nd tier star. Westbrook believes he should be the #1 option for the Thunder and its causing friction between the 2 because hes ignoring his teammates. It also doesn't help that Westbrook is in a contract year, and if he can make the All Star team again he will be eligible for a 5/$94 Million Dollar Max contract under the "Derrick Rose Rule". It aint hard to tell that Westbrook thinks hes worth as much as Rose, let alone Durant.

iggypop123
12-29-2011, 02:16 AM
i would just bench the dude in the last 4 minutes let harden to the ball handling and bring in cook for spacing.

Fresno
12-29-2011, 02:16 AM
This has carried over from the playoffs. Westbrook has to be gone. I wouldnt be surprised a Russell W for Howard trade.

Dwight only wants to go to 3 places. Lakers, Nets, or Mavericks.

If he has 0 interest in going to Chicago to play with Rose, then there is no chance he'd sign long term in OKC.

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 02:17 AM
This is Marbury/KG all over again.

KG/Marbury had the potential to be one of the best duos in NBA history and develop their games together. KG was 22 and Marbury was 21 at the time and Marbury ruined it because he didnt want to defer to KG and he wanted to be "The Man" on the team. Marbury made it clear to management that once his contract expired that he was going to sign elsewhere, and him not wanting to be a team player led to issues with KG & other teammates. Eventually management had to jump the gun and move Marbury in the middle of the lockout season because it couldn't go on any further.

Fastforward 13 years and here we go again.

Durant is an Elite player, while Westbrook is at best a 2nd tier star. Westbrook believes he should be the #1 option for the Thunder and its causing friction between the 2 because hes ignoring his teammates. It also doesn't help that Westbrook is in a contract year, and if he can make the All Star team again he will be eligible for a 5/$94 Million Dollar Max contract under the "Derrick Rose Rule". It aint hard to tell that Westbrook thinks hes worth as much as Rose, let alone Durant.

Yeah thats a good comparison. I don't think Westbrook is as brain dead as Marbury tho. That guy had brain damage.

MagicBucsSox
Otis smith should've been on the phone an hour ago

waveycrockett

If he has 0 interest in going to Chicago to play with Rose, then there is no chance he'd sign long term in OKC.

Deron to OKC please for Wesbrook

Wade>You
12-29-2011, 02:19 AM
Westbrook is Mike James with an ego.

But seriously, he's a good player and his only mistake is that he lets his emotions take over.

JDMVP
They gotta trade WestBrook for a pass 1st pg or trade him to Boston for Ray Allen and make James Harden the playmaker of that team

KB24PG16
westbrook is a LA guy at heart...jk no way the lakers trade for him

3mikee_
12-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Westy needs to stop shooting and play like a pg.

shep33
12-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Otis smith should've been on the phone an hour ago

Westbrook, Ibaka, and Perk would probably have to be the deal. I don't think it happens though. Salary

Dade County
12-29-2011, 02:22 AM

sad but true...

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Westbrook, Ibaka, and Perk would probably have to be the deal. I don't think it happens though.

Whatever Drugs you or own you need to pass that b/c Otis should considered himself blessed if he just gets Westbrook. Ibaka and Perk?? LMAO. Wesbrook, Ibaka and Perk could probably get them LeBron.

Corey
12-29-2011, 02:23 AM
Trade him to Boston for Rondo.

shep33
12-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Deron to OKC doesn't work. Salaries are way too far apart. Perkins, Westy, and Ibaka would be the deal again...

Let's be honest, they aren't gonna trade Westy, altercations happen all the time, and although Russ is playing horrible this year, it's difficult to find that type of talent around for the salary he's on

waveycrockett

Nobody wants Rondo lol

Dade County
they gotta trade westbrook for a pass 1st pg or trade him to boston for ray allen and make james harden the playmaker of that team

wtf

Dolfan305
12-29-2011, 02:25 AM
These two guys have the potential to dominate the West for years. Westbrook thinks he's better than he actually is. He needs to realize that Durant is the better scorer and learn to defer for the good of the team

Fresno
Yeah thats a good comparison. I don't think Westbrook is as brain dead as Marbury tho. That guy had brain damage.

Marbury's reputation only became ruined as soon as he forced his way out of Minnesota.

We only know so much about these guys personal lives, but with their actions you can learn a lot about their egos.

waveycrockett
Deron to OKC doesn't work. Salaries are way too far apart. Perkins, Westy, and Ibaka would be the deal again...

Let's be honest, they aren't gonna trade Westy, altercations happen all the time, and although Russ is playing horrible this year, it's difficult to find that type of talent around for the salary he's on

I'm sure they could find a 3rd team to make salaries work.

shep33
Whatever Drugs you or own you need to pass that b/c Otis should considered himself blessed if he just gets Westbrook. Ibaka and Perk?? LMAO. Wesbrook, Ibaka and Perk could probably get them LeBron.

Lol WTH man. I said it won't happen. I'm saying the salaries aren't going to work with Westbrook alone. The trade will never happen because OKC will not trade Westbrook

Raph12
12-29-2011, 02:26 AM

Westbrook-Ibaka-Perkins for Nelson-Baby-Howard

OKC
PG - Nelson
SG - Harden
SF - Durant
PF - Baby
C - Dwight

Orl
PG - Westbrook
SG - JRich
SF - Turk
PF - Ibaka
C - Perkins

That accomplishes staying competitive for the Magic and makes OKC the team to beat out West... Fcking Dwight, only if he added OKC to the mix of teams he'd resign with.

Raps18-19 Champ
His ego is getting the best of him again. Just like I've said.

waveycrockett
Marbury's reputation only became ruined as soon as he forced his way out of Minnesota.

We only know so much about these guys personal lives, but with their actions you can learn a lot about their egos.

When Marbury broadcasted his personal life on youtube it became quite clear something was seriously wrong with him. It wasn't the only time he had beef. In Jersey he and Van Horn hated each other and in NYK him and Kurt Thomas nearly fought.

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 02:27 AM
Lol WTH man. I said it won't happen. I'm saying the salaries aren't going to work with Westbrook alone. The trade will never happen because OKC will not trade Westbrook

Oh damn my bad. Sorry bro

shep33
12-29-2011, 02:27 AM
Just an altercation guys lol, I don't think they're going to trade him.

Lakeshow24KB
12-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Just saw what Durat said about Westbrook. Looks like he already put it behind him and he said that sometimes you have to be aggressive to make yourself and team
Better. IMO it's not a big deal

shep33
12-29-2011, 02:29 AM
Oh damn my bad. Sorry bro

No no it's my bad man, I should've been clearer, I assumed people knew the salary situation. It's my fault, so no need to apologize.

Fresno
12-29-2011, 02:30 AM

You also have to remember Westbrook is a Free Agent at the end of the year and maybe hes doing too much to up his value. Durant/Harden/Perkins/Ibaka dont have to prove anything because they're set for this year, but Westbrook is in a Contract Year.

If he makes the All Star Team again he will be in line for a Max contract under the "Derrick Rose Rule". Same numbers. 5 Years, $94 Million.

The Phoenix Suns and Brooklyn Nets(if they lose D-Will) are the type of teams that would do that deal and force OKC's hand to match it.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-29-2011, 02:31 AM
Let the speculation begin!

I say he goes to the Mavs

Fresno
12-29-2011, 02:33 AM
When Marbury broadcasted his personal life on youtube it became quite clear something was seriously wrong with him. It wasn't the only time he had beef. In Jersey he and Van Horn hated each other and in NYK him and Kurt Thomas nearly fought.

True.

But his career went on a downward spiral after Minnesota.

I know its hard to believe but KG & Marbury used to be a fan favorite tandem when they were younger & it reminds me a lot of Durant/Westbrook now.

GodsSon
12-29-2011, 02:36 AM
BC and the Raptors will have a **** load of money to throw at Westbrook next summer

Fresno
12-29-2011, 02:39 AM
BC and the Raptors will have a **** load of money to throw at Westbrook next summer

This too.

Westbrook/DeRozan/Davis/Valanciunas/Top 5 Pick in 2012

Westbrook is 23
DeRozan is 22
Davis 22
Valanciunas is 19

Ehh. Not too bad going forward if they can find someone to take on Bargnani.

Sadds The Gr8
12-29-2011, 02:43 AM

I'd jerk the black off my dick if we got Westbrook

Ebbs
12-29-2011, 02:48 AM
I don't think anything will happen. But they have a lot of options for Westy should they choose to trade him.

Perkins + Westy + Collison

for

Dwight + Jameer

Westy for Deron deal.

richiesaurus310
12-29-2011, 02:50 AM
I still see a Dwight Howard/Hedo or Jameer Nelson for Russell Westbrook/Perkins/other minor players to match salaries trade happening before the trade deadline. Oklahoma City is still in the south, 850 miles away from Dwight's hometown of Atlanta. Oklahoma City is the 31st most populated city in the United States with 580,000 people, while Orlando is 79th with only 240,000 so he would be going to a market twice the size he's in now. Atlanta by the way is 40th with 420,000 people, so OKC is bigger even than his hometown.

mdm692
12-29-2011, 02:54 AM
Phoenix is waiting. Perfect scenario good young core(gortat, markieff, dudley, lopez) in desperate need of their next franchise player and a guy who can bring then their first ring. In 2012 we can offer two max contracts so who else to play alongside than his good friend from college kevin love. Amnesty childress or frye and throw 8-10 mill to nick young or oj mayo and you dont even have to wait to be good cause a line up of westbrook/mayo/dudley/love/gortat is deadly.

So before anybody comes in here and starts bashing the idea of how this will never happen go look at the numbers for the suns and find one reason this wont happen if westy wants out of okc and love wants to go somewhere else with a log jam at pf in minny. Our city has beautiful weather and is top 5 in winning percentage so aside from robert sarver there really isnt much bad things here.

shep33
12-29-2011, 02:58 AM
I don't think anything happens guys, this kind of stuff happens a lot. Take Wade and Lebron in last year's Finals. Wade was yelling at LBJ pretty hardcore, and that was during a game, LBJ was saying stuff back to him, and eventually they cooled down. I don't think this is anythin big... yet. It could be down the road, but 1 altercation and you trade him? Not a big deal.

They're doing pretty damn well this year lol.

sunsfan88
12-29-2011, 02:59 AM
Nash for Westbrook!

Nash is the most unselfish player in the NBA, Durant can hog the ball all he wants.

Raph12
12-29-2011, 03:00 AM
Nash for Westbrook!

Nash is the most unselfish player in the NBA, Durant can hog the ball all he wants.

Why would they want grandpa Nash if they could have Nelson-Dwight for WB-Perk?...

Indi23
12-29-2011, 03:00 AM
Nash for Westbrook!

I love the suns and all but that train past 3 years ago plus a. First overall pick ago.

shep33
12-29-2011, 03:05 AM
You also have to remember Westbrook is a Free Agent at the end of the year and maybe hes doing too much to up his value. Durant/Harden/Perkins/Ibaka dont have to prove anything because they're set for this year, but Westbrook is in a Contract Year.

If he makes the All Star Team again he will be in line for a Max contract under the "Derrick Rose Rule". Same numbers. 5 Years, $94 Million.

The Phoenix Suns and Brooklyn Nets(if they lose D-Will) are the type of teams that would do that deal and force OKC's hand to match it.

Well the Thunder in the next few years though are going to have to make some decisions. Harden is going to command a lot of money on the market, and so is Ibaka.

Remember the year after Westy has his qualifying offer, so do Ibaka and Harden. So even if they get Howard or Williams and they sign him for the max, Kevin Durant is essentially a max player too. Unless Ibaka and Harden take some pretty huge paycuts, financially the Thunder can't afford, Howard/Westy/Dwill + Durant + Ibaka + Harden. Choices will eventually have to be made.

Corey
12-29-2011, 03:08 AM
Rondo+2nd+Bradley for Westbrook+Nazr.

Works perfect.

PatsSoxKnicks
12-29-2011, 03:16 AM

Works perfect.

I wouldn't do that if I was the Thunder. I think they can get better than that. However, if that were to happen, I think Harden would have to take a big step forward and show he's capable of being a #2 caliber player (which he probably will). Still don't know that I'd do that deal though. I do feel like if you're the Thunder, you can get more for Westbrook.

The main problem is that I think they're trading down in terms of talent. The fit is better certainly but I think the Celts would have to sweeten that deal.

Teeboy1487
12-29-2011, 03:18 AM

Works perfect.

Would you really trade Rondo for Westbrook? He and Rondo are pretty even. I think Rondo is actually a more pure point guard than he is.

PrettyBoyJ
12-29-2011, 03:18 AM
They need to trade Westbrook fast... I think he starting to think he's the best player on the team

shep33
12-29-2011, 03:23 AM
CBS Sports reported that Durant said everything was fine between the two. No big deal at all. And even during the game following the brief brush up, they played like everything was fine, high fives, etc. This is nothing big at all.

Durant after the game: "Russell makes me so much better," Durant said. "A lot of people may say this and that about our relationship, but we always try to get better, we're always the first two guys in the gym, we always bounce ideas off each other too."

Another comment by KD: "We're going to disagree sometimes, like I've always been saying," Durant told the Oklahoman after the game. "But I'm behind him 110 percent, and he's the same way with me. And you seen when we came on the floor we clicked and everything started to work from there."

A CBS writer for the Thunder stated that these two guys have a great relationship, they get into confrontations but its ultimately because they're super competitive.

sunsfan88
12-29-2011, 03:24 AM
Why would they want grandpa Nash if they could have Nelson-Dwight for WB-Perk?...

Umm because OKC isn't on the list of 3 teams that Dwight wanted to play for?

Nash, Dudley, '14 first rd pick for Westbrook + filler!!!!

:clap:

We have noody that can score so I'm completely ok with Westbrook handling the ball for all 24 seconds each possesion!

Raph12
12-29-2011, 03:28 AM
CBS Sports reported that Durant said everything was fine between the two. No big deal at all. And even during the game following the brief brush up, they played like everything was fine, high fives, etc. This is nothing big at all.

Durant after the game: "Russell makes me so much better," Durant said. "A lot of people may say this and that about our relationship, but we always try to get better, we're always the first two guys in the gym, we always bounce ideas off each other too."

Another comment by KD: "We're going to disagree sometimes, like I've always been saying," Durant told the Oklahoman after the game. "But I'm behind him 110 percent, and he's the same way with me. And you seen when we came on the floor we clicked and everything started to work from there."

A CBS writer for the Thunder stated that these two guys have a great relationship, they get into confrontations but its ultimately because they're super competitive.

Well, there goes that idea, back to Bynum and scrubs :puke:

No offence lol.

Umm because OKC isn't on the list of 3 teams that Dwight wanted to play for?

Nash, Dudley, '14 first rd pick for Westbrook + filler!!!!

:clap:

We have noody that can score so I'm completely ok with Westbrook handling the ball for all 24 seconds each possesion!

Oh right, that... Fck!

sunsfan88
12-29-2011, 03:34 AM
Nash, Dudley, '14 first rd pick for Westbrook and filler.

OKC finally gets a solid backup for Durant and Nash is the most unselfish player in the NBA so he'll distribute the ball evenly and Durant can hog it whenever he wants, Steve won't complain. The 2014 first rd pick can turn out to be something special as well.

Punk
12-29-2011, 03:34 AM
Sh*it just got real.

rapjuicer06
12-29-2011, 03:42 AM
This too.

Westbrook/DeRozan/Davis/Valanciunas/Top 5 Pick in 2012

Westbrook is 23
DeRozan is 22
Davis 22
Valanciunas is 19

Ehh. Not too bad going forward if they can find someone to take on Bargnani.

Trade Bargnani to Orlando right now if looking to get rid of him lol. Dwight and Bargs would be a damn good pair

If Dwight were traded and paired with KD, I'm sure he'd sign an extension. Dwight + KD + Harden is a better Big 3 than every other team has. It's the most compliment of any other team. You have a pure shooter in KD, a play maker in Harden and the most dominant player in Dwight. Then you add in one of his best friends in Jameer and a defensive minded PF in Collison and a wing defender in Thabo with a good back up PG in Maynor...you are looking at the best team in the NBA, hands down.

Dwight + Jameer for Westbrook + Perkins + Ibaka would be the best trade for both teams, hands down. Orlando couldn't get anything better in return and OKC is not the best team hands down in the NBA.

But couldn't happen because of money issues unless you add the whole bench of the Thunder pretty much lol. It'd literally be

Nelson/Maynor
Harden/Thabo
Durant/Thabo/Harper
Collison/Harper
Howard/Aldrich

Unless Jackson is added for Harper or something. Would add a little more depth...Would work though being 8 solid players deep, with a legit back up Center....that could really go far, and there are still some FA's out there as well....something to think about I guess

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2011, 03:42 AM
they made up after the game.

rapjuicer06
12-29-2011, 03:44 AM

No offence lol.

Oh right, that... Fck!

You're telling me Dwight wouldn't resign with OKC and play with Durant and Harden? Two players than he has never had on a team? A pure scorer and a play maker? Dwight would be in Heaven there and would be playing and beating the Heat in the finals for the next 5-10 years

shep33
12-29-2011, 03:47 AM

No offence lol.

lol none taken man. I think that's a great deal for the Magic, but at the same time Perkins without good players around him is probably not as good as people think, but that's just my opinion. That doesn't mean Perkins sucks, he's a solid player, but he needs to be in a situation where the team he's going to has to be solid as a unit defensively. Otherwise he's basicallly a 6ppg and 7-8 rpg player.

It probably wouldn't work out at all for the Thunder anyways. They have so many youngsters they have to make decisions on, like Harden and Ibaka who are gonna get a lot of money offered to them in 2 seasons. If they take on Turks deal, which I'm guessing they'd have to, that kills them cap wise, because essentially you have Durant and Howard at max deals, Turks $34 mill owed to him, and I mean that alone between the 3 of them becomes >$50 mill per year just for the 3 of them. Turk will still be under contract when Harden and Ibaka have their qualifying offer years, which they'll get some huge offers from other teams.

Essentially they have to think of getting Howard as the result of giving up, Russ, Perk, and one of Harden + Ibaka down the road, who knows maybe even both with Turks deal involved.

Again though they made up after the game so I don't think anything will come of it, unless they continue to fight until March

rapjuicer06
12-29-2011, 03:50 AM
lol none taken man. I think that's a great deal for the Magic, but at the same time Perkins without good player around him is probably not as good as people think, but that's just my opinion. That doesn't mean Perkins sucks, he's a solid player, but he needs to be in a situation where the team he's going to has to be solid as a unit defensively. Otherwise he's basicallly a 6ppg and 7-8 rpg player.

It probably wouldn't work out at all for the Thunder anyways. They have so many youngsters they have to make decisions on, like Harden and Ibaka who are gonna get a lot of money offered to them in 2 seasons. If they take on Turks deal, which I'm guessing they'd have to, that kills them cap wise, because essentially you have Durant and Howard at max deals, Turks $34 mill owed to him, and I mean that alone between the 3 of them becomes >$50 mill per year just for the 3 of them. Turk will still be under contract when Harden and Ibaka have their qualifying offer years, which they'll get some huge offers from other teams.

Essentially they have to think of getting Howard as the result of giving up, Russ, Perk, and one of Harden + Ibaka down the road, who knows maybe even both with Turks deal involved.

No way Turk would or could be involved. That trade would seriously make the Thunder the scariest team in the league. Easily. Best defensive player in the game, with a damn good wing defender with a damn good defender at PF with a pure scorer in Durant and a play maker in Harden...that stinks of Backtobacktobacktoback

LakersMaster24
12-29-2011, 03:52 AM
The Nash for Westbrook trade works great for both teams. I would hate that of course because the Thunder would become REALLY scary. Nash would elevate the talent on that team to another level. Phoenix on the other hand will add the first piece for its rebuilding process, then get a Top 5 Pick in this draft, and there you go.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2011, 03:53 AM
He goes to the Celtics, Magic or Lakers if he does get traded.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2011, 03:54 AM
The Nash for Westbrook trade works great for both teams. I would hate that of course because the Thunder would become REALLY scary. Nash would elevate the talent on that team to another level. Phoenix on the other hand will add the first piece for its rebuilding process, then get a Top 5 Pick in this draft, and there you go.

They get Nash for 1 year before he probably retires. And if he doesn't by the end of the season, he'll retire sooner or later. It's a bad deal in retrospect for the Thunder.

They lose their biggest advantage in the West. Youth.

Gibby
12-29-2011, 03:54 AM
Thunder have a lot options because Westbrook has a lot of trade value. If the thunder want Dwight, they can put a better package than Nets or Lakers. If I were Dwight, i wouldn't mind playing with OKC, if it means teaming up with KD.

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2011, 03:55 AM
nash is too old. Rondo + filler looks appealing

LakersIn5
trade westbrook for pau gasol

BKLYNpigeon
Westbrook is also still on his rookie contract.

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2011, 03:56 AM
trade westbrook for pau gasol

not a bad trade but the salaries are way off.

MJ-BULLS
12-29-2011, 03:56 AM
dont see him getting traded. players get into altercations all the time, but behind closed doors where the public wont see it. but, i do believe if any other new news is broke out about this in the future and it becomes a distraction to the team, maybe, just maybe i could see him being traded.

SkipBaylessFan
12-29-2011, 03:58 AM
Thunder are one good PG away from winning a title. Russell Westbrick takes too many shots and has too many turnovers. 0-13 today! Are you kidding me?!

Gibby
12-29-2011, 03:58 AM

come on Nash is a declining player, i don't even know if he can play at that level anymore. He is going to be 37 and in the last year of his contract so why would you trade 23 year old all star for him. Thunder can get much better players with Russell.

LakersMaster24
12-29-2011, 04:02 AM
come on Nash is a declining player, i don't even know if he can play at that level anymore. He is going to be 37 and in the last year of his contract so why would you trade 23 year old all star for him. Thunder can get much better players with Russell.

The age factor is a valid point. I think Nash can still play though; the point is they need a facilitator. If Boston offered me Rondo for Westbrook straight up I would do it in a heartbeat. Rondo makes a bunch of old vets look good, imagine what he will do with players like Durant, Harden, Ibaka. I honestly think Westbrook is whats holding OKC from winning a title, if they get a pass first, smart PG, they will be VERY scary.

Gibby
12-29-2011, 04:03 AM
dont see him getting traded. players get into altercations all the time, but behind closed doors where the public wont see it. but, i do believe if any other new news is broke out about this in the future and it becomes a distraction to the team, maybe, just maybe i could see him being traded.

Its not just this altercation, they had chemistry problems in the playoffs. thunder have a lot of perimeter scoring but no low post scoring. With harden emerging as an all star, westbrook becomes expendable.

xk4
12-29-2011, 04:05 AM
Thunder are one good PG away from winning a title. Russell Westbrick takes too many shots and has too many turnovers. 0-13 today! Are you kidding me?!

Everybody has bad games. Maybe Westbrook is having a few. But another guard won't win them a title. A reliable scoring option inside is what they need more than anything

Gibby
12-29-2011, 04:06 AM
The age factor is a valid point. I think Nash can still play though; the point is they need a facilitator. If Boston offered me Rondo for Westbrook straight up I would do it in a heartbeat. Rondo makes a bunch of old vets look good, imagine what he will do with players like Durant, Harden, Ibaka. I honestly think Westbrook is whats holding OKC from winning a title, if they get a pass first, smart PG, they will be VERY scary.

I would strongly consider if its Rondo for Westbrook. although westbrook maybe the better overall player, rondo is a better fit. but i think if they can get dwight, they should go for it.

Avenged
12-29-2011, 04:07 AM
OKC could get good value in return for him. But this duo has so much potential..

MJ-BULLS
12-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Its not just this altercation, they had chemistry problems in the playoffs. thunder have a lot of perimeter scoring but no low post scoring. With harden emerging as an all star, westbrook becomes expendable.

well that chemistry almost got them to the finals. its the fact that westbrook plays stupid at times, and thinks he's superman or something. but time will tell if he does get treaded. lets wait out and see how more of the season unfolds. if they keep winning, that usually cures everything. but i get where you are coming from.

Raph12
12-29-2011, 04:08 AM
lol none taken man. I think that's a great deal for the Magic, but at the same time Perkins without good players around him is probably not as good as people think, but that's just my opinion. That doesn't mean Perkins sucks, he's a solid player, but he needs to be in a situation where the team he's going to has to be solid as a unit defensively. Otherwise he's basicallly a 6ppg and 7-8 rpg player.

Again though they made up after the game so I don't think anything will come of it, unless they continue to fight until March

If we got WB-Ibaka-Perk, we would keep Turk as it would allow us to be even more competitive. Perk is not a great player, but he'd have to be thrown in just so we have a center and so the salaries could be anywhere close lol.

The way I see it, only Dwight could hold back a deal like this, playing with KD and Harden would be a hand-in-glove fit for him and give him the best chance to win. You sign Harden to a max deal in a couple of years and you got the best big 3 (compliementary-wise) in the league to build around, all young and near/in their primes.

Again, it won't happen, but yeah.

shep33
12-29-2011, 04:13 AM
Everybody has bad games. Maybe Westbrook is having a few. But another guard won't win them a title. A reliable scoring option inside is what they need more than anything

Hypothetically, that would be Pau Gasol... could you imagine a frontline of Durant, Gasol, and Perkins? Than you have Collison and Ibaka in that rotation? That frontline is beastly. Maynor and Harden could easily handle the playmaking role too. No team could stop that front line. And what's good about Gasol is that he doesn't mind being option #2 on offense, and he's totally unselfish.

As a Laker fan, i'm pretty sure Kobe would murder Westbrook if he even attempted to confront him lol... so I don't know how that'd work out lol. Probably with Luke Walton being the primary victim in a drastic turn of events

But again, he's not getting traded, and he most likely won't be unless this continues on a consistent basis.

shep33
12-29-2011, 04:21 AM
If we got WB-Ibaka-Perk, we would keep Turk as it would allow us to be even more competitive. Perk is not a great player, but he'd have to be thrown in just so we have a center and so the salaries could be anywhere close lol.

The way I see it, only Dwight could hold back a deal like this, playing with KD and Harden would be a hand-in-glove fit for him and give him the best chance to win. You sign Harden to a max deal in a couple of years and you got the best big 3 (compliementary-wise) in the league to build around, all young and near/in their primes.

Again, it won't happen, but yeah.

I think I'm just assuming that Turk has to be in every deal lol, that's my bad. I wonder whether they'd give up Ibaka too. Hypothetically, yeah that seems to work, but again its up to Howard I guess. I would also wonder about 2 factors.

1) Would the Thunder FO be okay with eventually going into the luxury tax? Because with 3 max players, it'll pretty much be the case. They're a small market team, so I wonder how they play it

2) How would Howard act if he's 2nd fiddle to Durant? I mean if he goes to the Nets, it'll ultimately be his team, yeah Deron is great but people IMO will see that as Dwight's team because IMO Dwight>Deron. If he goes to the Lakers (which I find unlikely still as a Laker fan), he plays with Kobe for a year or so, until he slides into the position of the superstar of that franchise. But if he goes to OKC, I would say that Durant is still the face there until he leaves. I'm just assuming though, because I have no idea what D12 is thinking.

Raph12
12-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Hypothetically, that would be Pau Gasol... could you imagine a frontline of Durant, Gasol, and Perkins? Than you have Collison and Ibaka in that rotation? That frontline is beastly. Maynor and Harden could easily handle the playmaking role too. No team could stop that front line. And what's good about Gasol is that he doesn't mind being option #2 on offense, and he's totally unselfish.

As a Laker fan, i'm pretty sure Kobe would murder Westbrook if he even attempted to confront him lol... so I don't know how that'd work out lol. Probably with Luke Walton being the primary victim in a drastic turn of events

But again, he's not getting traded, and he most likely won't be unless this continues on a consistent basis.

Why would the Lakers trade Pau to OKC, possibly giving them the tool (literally and figuratively) they need to win it all; just for Westbrook?... Does the NBA plan to start playing with two balls? Because that's the only way I see WB-Kobe as a good backcourt pair.

iggypop123
12-29-2011, 04:27 AM
the deal would be westbrook perkins dwight hedo. anymore the thunder would just say lets not talk anymore. ibaka? come on. im sure some fans would even want them to throw in harden.

shep33
12-29-2011, 04:28 AM
Why would the Lakers trade Pau to OKC, possibly giving them the tool (literally and figuratively) they need to win it all; just for Westbrook?... Does the NBA plan to start playing with two balls? Because that's the only way I see WB-Kobe as a good backcourt pair.

Oh I'm not saying they would, I don't think they would at all. But I was just responding to someone saying that they needed a low post threat for essentially for Westbrook.

It won't happen, lol, nor do I want it to happen as a Laker fan. That wouldn't work for us at all

Raph12
12-29-2011, 04:30 AM
I think I'm just assuming that Turk has to be in every deal lol, that's my bad. I wonder whether they'd give up Ibaka too. Hypothetically, yeah that seems to work, but again its up to Howard I guess. I would also wonder about 2 factors.

1) Would the Thunder FO be okay with eventually going into the luxury tax? Because with 3 max players, it'll pretty much be the case. They're a small market team, so I wonder how they play it

2) How would Howard act if he's 2nd fiddle to Durant? I mean if he goes to the Nets, it'll ultimately be his team, yeah Deron is great but people IMO will see that as Dwight's team because IMO Dwight>Deron. If he goes to the Lakers (which I find unlikely still as a Laker fan), he plays with Kobe for a year or so, until he slides into the position of the superstar of that franchise. But if he goes to OKC, I would say that Durant is still the face there until he leaves. I'm just assuming though, because I have no idea what D12 is thinking.

I doubt they want to give up Ibaka as well, but it may be a deal-breaker if they don't. My answers to those two factors you presented:

1) I would think all of the winning would help with the paying of the luxury tax. I would assume that they could sign a big TV deal as well (obviously nowhere near Lakers big), considering they'd have 3 of the most exciting players in the league for quite some time.

2) That may be a HUGE reason why he didn't include teams like the Bulls or Thunder; because when you go to a team with an established superstar, you will always be viewed as the sidekick. Deron isn't nearly the player Dwight is and Kobe is 34; I would think Dwight could be "the guy" in both situations.

I think Dwight would definitely hold up this deal because of the city and KD... Personally I could see Dwight burn w/e team he's on (unless it's Lakers/Nets) to go play with Dirk in Dallas, as I think DWill will definitely be there in 2012 (unless they land D12 which I doubt).

shep33
12-29-2011, 04:32 AM
the deal would be westbrook perkins dwight hedo. anymore the thunder would just say lets not talk anymore. ibaka? come on. im sure some fans would even want them to throw in harden.

That actually still doesn't work financially, not even close. Just because Turk and Howard are making nearly $30 mill combined this year... Perk and Westy are at less than half of that at $12 mill lol. I was thinking that at first, but even if its Howard + Nelson that's still like 26 mill

Dramedy
12-29-2011, 04:32 AM
There are so many trades that make sense, just spending 5 minutes on the trade machine I came up with:

Westbrook, Collison and Aldrich for Stephen Curry and Biedrins

Westbrook, Collison and Aldrich for Rondo and Avery Bradley

Westbrook, Collison, Aldrich and Ivey for Scola, Lowry and Buddinger

Westbrook, Ibaka and Aldrich for Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio

Westbrook, Collison and Aldrich for Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson and Anderson Varejao

Some of those trades are more far fetched than others, but the point is they are in a very unique and favorable situation with Westbrook. Westbrook is a valuable enough asset that they could get nearly any non super duper star or any realistic package of pieces they want, yet he isn't quite good enough to dictate entirely where he plays so no team is off the table like in the Carmelo, CP3 and Dwight situations.

97NYer
12-29-2011, 04:35 AM
Westbrook and Perk for Rondo

97NYer
12-29-2011, 04:36 AM
There are so many trades that make sense, just spending 5 minutes on the trade machine I came up with:

Westbrook, Collison and Aldrich for Stephen Curry and Biedrins

Westbrook, Collison and Aldrich for Rondo and Avery Bradley

Westbrook, Collison, Aldrich and Ivey for Scola, Lowry and Buddinger

Westbrook, Ibaka and Aldrich for Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio

Westbrook, Collison and Aldrich for Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson and Anderson Varejao

Some of those trades are more far fetched than others, but the point is they are in a very unique and favorable situation with Westbrook. Westbrook is a valuable enough asset that they could get nearly any non super duper star or any realistic package of pieces they want, yet he isn't quite good enough to dictate entirely where he plays so no team is off the table like in the Carmelo, CP3 and Dwight situations.

Imagine Rubio and Harden making plays for Durant and Love

Raph12
12-29-2011, 04:41 AM
Westbrook and Perk for Rondo

:laugh2::laugh::laugh2::laugh::laugh2:

Damn you're funny.

shep33
12-29-2011, 04:41 AM
I doubt they want to give up Ibaka as well, but it may be a deal-breaker if they don't. My answers to those two factors you presented:

1) I would think all of the winning would help with the paying of the luxury tax. I would assume that they could sign a big TV deal as well (obviously nowhere near Lakers big), considering they'd have 3 of the most exciting players in the league for quite some time.

2) That may be a HUGE reason why he didn't include teams like the Bulls or Thunder; because when you go to a team with an established superstar, you will always be viewed as the sidekick. Deron isn't nearly the player Dwight is and Kobe is 34; I would think Dwight could be "the guy" in both situations.

I think Dwight would definitely hold up this deal because of the city and KD... Personally I could see Dwight burn w/e team he's on (unless it's Lakers/Nets) to go play with Dirk in Dallas, as I think DWill will definitely be there in 2012 (unless they land D12 which I doubt).

Yeah, going to OKC doesn't seem likely. A lot of variables that have to fall in place there, and it's nothing against the city of OKC, but OKC isn't LA or Brooklyn, which for some reason superstars are infatuated with. It makes sense if he wants to win, but like we've said, OKC is KD's town and I don't think D12 wants that. But who knows.

Dallas is a possibility I agree, but so is Brooklyn in that situation where D12 burns a team after this year. I dunno, hopefully the D12 stuff plays out already, lol look at us we're talking about in a thread which involved no trade rumors, but just a minor argument between two players on the best team out west lol

Raph12
12-29-2011, 04:49 AM
Yeah, going to OKC doesn't seem likely. A lot of variables that have to fall in place there, and it's nothing against the city of OKC, but OKC isn't LA or Brooklyn, which for some reason superstars are infatuated with. It makes sense if he wants to win, but like we've said, OKC is KD's town and I don't think D12 wants that. But who knows.

Dallas is a possibility I agree, but so is Brooklyn in that situation where D12 burns a team after this year. I dunno, hopefully the D12 stuff plays out already, lol look at us we're talking about in a thread which involved no trade rumors, but just a minor argument between two players on the best team out west lol

Yeah the OKC thing just won't happen, the Thunder would be stupid to give up on it already (unless they don't have to include Ibaka or Harden and Dwight agrees to resign).

Exactly, DWill-Lopez-D12 would look great together, as I believe Lopez would play better as a 4 rather than a 5 (weak defensive player/rebounder); and they'd already have a few role players to build around them (Morrow, Brooks, etc). And DWill-Dirk-D12 would also be a great team as well, but they'd have to start over with the role players and take significant paycuts.

I think he's Lakers-bound though, I can't see us trading for Brook (considering the injury will have him out until mid-Feb and he won't be to form by the deadline); so I think a 3-team trade with the Lakeshow will be inevitable.

Kia Kaha
12-29-2011, 05:26 AM
Rubio, Wes johnson, Michael beasley and Anthony Randolph + utah jazz pick for Westbrook

A westbrook/love combo would be beastly and with Derrick Williams still in the fold it would be even more awesome!

Evolution23
12-29-2011, 06:34 AM
Rubio, Wes johnson, Michael beasley and Anthony Randolph + utah jazz pick for Westbrook

A westbrook/love combo would be beastly and with Derrick Williams still in the fold it would be even more awesome!

wtf u smoking? Westbrook is not that good to deserve all those players.

Silent
12-29-2011, 06:47 AM
wtf u smoking? Westbrook is not that good to deserve all those players.

watever it is must be some good ****

Davidgta1
12-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Shaq Kobe 2.0

assisi805
12-29-2011, 08:21 AM
The problem with trading westbrook is your either not going to get value back, or your going to include him in some kind of package and over-pay for howard kind of like the Knicks sending all their young players for Melo and Clips for CP3... I'd rather see them trade Westbrook for a few nice pieces rather then blow up half their core for Howard.

assisi805
12-29-2011, 08:22 AM

You can keep Beasley :):p:clap:

thenetslegend
12-29-2011, 08:33 AM
trade him for deron williams or rondo, or possibly to phoenix

PhillyFaninLA
12-29-2011, 08:43 AM
There has been exactly 0 locker rooms with no player fights. These things happen probably almost every year, but usually aren't made public. Competitive confident people will clash at times. If they are men they will work it out and get better chemistry if not then and only then will Westbrook be traded.

justinnum1
12-29-2011, 09:11 AM
he gone

Carey
12-29-2011, 09:31 AM
This is overblown for sure but Westbrook def needs to be sat down put in line. Has nothing to do with a supposed altercation its solely about his play on the court which has been bad this season.

Sportfan
12-29-2011, 09:54 AM
they gotta trade westbrook for a pass 1st pg or trade him to boston for ray allen and make james harden the playmaker of that team
ray allen for russell westbroook holy **** sign me up!!!!!!!

Corey
12-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Would you really trade Rondo for Westbrook? He and Rondo are pretty even. I think Rondo is actually a more pure point guard than he is.

In. A. Heartbeat.

Rentzias
12-29-2011, 10:15 AM

I like in this article that two top tier teams publicly recognized the importance of a Shane Battier on a team. Always been a fan of that guy. Westbrook could get a clue from him.

RiLoc
12-29-2011, 10:16 AM
This spells trouble, I think it's about time they trade Durant. Obviously, he's the problem. lol

KnicksorBust
12-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Shaq Kobe 2.0

The problem is Westbrook isn't on that level. Do you really want to deal with the headaches and fighting over the ball if one player is clearly superior? I said 2 years ago they should trade Westbrook and everyone thought I was crazy. He's hyper-talented but he's not the right fit for Durant. They can go very very far with this core but I can't see them winning the title with Westbrook running the point.

EvanTurner
12-29-2011, 10:26 AM
the arguement started over Durant telling westbrook to shoot the ****ing ball. I highly doubt its that serious.

Daunter
12-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Why not trade Durant? jk

I really like when Maynor runs the team a lot

Sly Guy
12-29-2011, 10:50 AM
The problem is Westbrook isn't on that level. Do you really want to deal with the headaches and fighting over the ball if one player is clearly superior? I said 2 years ago they should trade Westbrook and everyone thought I was crazy. He's hyper-talented but he's not the right fit for Durant. They can go very very far with this core but I can't see them winning the title with Westbrook running the point.

this. I've been saying it since early last season.

ManRam
12-29-2011, 11:09 AM
This is one of the more annoying story lines in the NBA...and the most annoying one of the playoffs last year. This article states my opinions, and I'll leave it at that.

Dec 29, 2011 - The problem with Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant is that everyone wants there to be a problem with Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant.

We are a society bored without conflict. We demand drama, and not just of the competitive variety. We are a nation and world that loves to watch sports, but there's no denying that we gravitate toward the operatic. How else do you explain the Miami Heat's incredible ratings last season? Every writer in the nation (myself included) rushed to note how clinically boring the Heat usually were on the court; from a purely aesthetic view, there were good teams (the bemoaned San Antonio Spurs, the Thunder, the Memphis Grizzlies) that were much more pleasing to the eye. But everyone watched the Heat, no matter how sanitized the play itself was.

Why? I suspect it was one of those "love to hate" things; record audiences reveled in the monsoon of boos LeBron James received in his first game back in Cleveland. (I was certainly a part of that audience; it was TV most felt the need to watch live.) This isn't terribly new: the first game between a post-trade Shaq and Kobe Bryant (Heat vs. Lakers, 2004) remains one of the most highly-rated regular season games ever ... despite the fact that the Heat were borderline unwatchable under Stan Van Gundy early in that season. Fans bemoan the focus on non-basketball drama seeping into our basketball; fans consume the Hades out of non-basketball drama content that seeps into our basketball.

You can't blame them; I don't blame myself for wanting to know everything about the verbal blow-up between Durant and Westbrook as reported by The Oklahoman's Darnell Mayberry. The scribe reports that Westbrook was upset that Thabo Sefolosha passed up an open three-pointer on a drive-and-kick by the point guard. As Sefo and other Thunder players, including KD, attempted to calm Westbrook during a break in the action, Russ and Durant start yelling at each other and had to be hushed down by teammates. After the break, KD patted Westbrook's head and they continued to play. Westbrook had a dreadful game, shooting 0-13 from the floor, but that had started before the second quarter incident (and may very well have played into it; frustration is a nasty worm).

The unfortunate part isn't simply that we'll all pay too much attention to this apparently small incident instead of the Thunder's 3-0 record, Durant's blistering start to the season and Westbrook's second cold match out of three. It's that this will become part of the artificial Westbrook Vs. Durant canon, and observers -- primarily writers who couldn't be bothered to write about the game itself -- will consider this smoke from the burning flame of their own construction that they have placed under the Thunder's duo.

In the 2011 playoffs, we heard more about supposed tension between Westbrook and Durant than we did about the team's performance. We heard about Westbrook's overconfidence and reluctance to pass to the two-time NBA scoring champion. (This despite Westbrook averaging more than eight assists per game in each of Durant's scoring title seasons, and Durant relying more on others -- usually Westbrook -- to create shots for him than most other superstars.)

Durant is a saint in the eyes of nearly all, owed to his commendable humility, his easy simplicity, his beautiful floor game, all those Mama Durant smooches. Westbrook is a gremlin, a combo guard (hide the women) with, yes, supreme confidence. He's not your typical point guard, and certainly not the type of point guard the world at large likes to see on its great teams. (Compare Steve Nash's reputation as compared to that of three-time champion and one-time Finals MVP Tony Parker, who happens to be a decent comparison for Westbrook in terms of style and production.) We like Derek Fishers: muted, stoic, get-out-of-the-way-and-let-the-superstar-handle-it floor leaders ... not hyper-aggressive athletic freaks with quick synapses in the trigger finger. I blame Bob Cousy.

Westbrook may very be a moody teammate, and he may very well grate on Durant. But he's a killer player, the Thunder are young and fresh off of the conference finals and 3-0 after a tough road win. Shaq and Kobe weren't best friends, and they won three titles. But we read the tea leaves we've plucked from our observation of the Thunder, we see some cloud formation we don't like and we forget that there can be a little rain on a beautiful day.

The Thunder are almost assuredly fine. The sun is bright, and the dirt will dry. Instead of biting our nails in anticipation of the next storm, our time would be better spent appreciating what is wonderful about this team.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/12/29/2667922/russell-westbrook-kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-hook

Also, Hardwood Paroxysm's tweets also share my sentiments.

Big difference here. Russ and KD don't have a problem. NO one should think that. Russs and not being No.1 have a problem. A big one.

Think about the criticism Westbrook gets, considering how awesome he is. On the Bobcats, he's still an All-Star. And THE guy

He'd rather be in OKC than Charlotte because of the winning. but this is a league now where you aim for getting EVERYTHING you want

And being Robin is not what Westbrook wants or has ever indicated he wanted. Doesn't mean he and KD have a "problem

Also, Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade ***** at each other. And those guys love one another like brothers.

When you're the best player on team and you have a bad night? "Bad night. next game." When you're No.2? "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE NO.1 THE BALL?!

When Durant sucks it up and Westbrook drops an insane line, no one notices. When it's the opposite, Russ gets hammered. Has to get tiring

Especially when in so many situations, Russ has to carry the team because KD is drifting in mid-range like flotsam.

Meanwhile James Harden's like "BE COOL GUYS, WE HAVE BACKPACKS! LET'S BUILD A BLANKET FORT MODELED AFTER WILLIAMSBURG!"

I don't think OKC trades Westbrook. think he leaves in FA,but not trade.

Russy has his flaws and has his bad games. However, he is judged so unfairly and is made the scapegoat for everything, when he really shouldn't be. He isn't any bit a lesser player than Derrick Rose, he just plays with a guy who is better than him...and when things go wrong, they point to him, even when they shouldn't. Last night he sucked, but my qualms, and most people's qualms, stem from how he was thrown under the bus last year...

That's all...

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2011, 11:12 AM
you guys are blowing everything up on PSD.

- Durant and Westy has an argument, now you guys are talking about trades.
- Norris Cole has one game and you guys think he's a ROY.

list goes on.

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2011, 11:13 AM
although it might be smart for OKC to move Westbrook, how else are they going to resign Westy Ibaka and Harden when their rookie contracts are up? all of them are going to command a big payday.

Silent
12-29-2011, 11:14 AM
the arguement started over Durant telling westbrook to shoot the ****ing ball. I highly doubt its that serious.

Wrong the arguement started cause Westy passed to Thabo at the corner and he passed up the shot. Perk, Kd, and Collins tried to calm down Westy but Westy didn't like the tone from Durant.

pacofunk64
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Personally I thought OKC should have been right in there for Chris Paul. They probably could've done a straight up trade. Chris Paul in OKC would have been magical.

ChiSox219
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Too bad OKC didnt take Love.

pacofunk64
12-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Wrong the arguement started cause Westy passed to Thabo at the corner and he passed up the shot. Perk, Kd, and Collins tried to calm down Westy but Westy didn't like the tone from Durant.

Westbrook is very competitive guy and I'm sure in the heat of the moment he let it get to him. When you hit a wide open guy you should expect that guy to shoot. But it Thabo who really has never been a good shooter.

ChiSox219
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Might not be a bad idea to start Maynor and Harden and use Westbrook for 30 mins off the bench.

ManRam
12-29-2011, 11:40 AM
I can't believe how much people are overreacting to this.

Dude's a top 15 player in the league. Coming off the bench because of a bad game and because KD yelled at him for passing the ball?????

Come on. Much ado about nothing.

I like this one too...

@ZachLowe_SI If OKC can't get KD and RW to co-exist long-term--and I think the problem is already overblown--it would be a broader organizational failing

KnicksorBust
12-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Easy there Shakespeare. This isn't an isolated incident. There's already a cut here and each scratch opens it up. A lot of people don't believe their games mesh and when you have a team with an elite player that is very close to a title, they will be under a lot of scrutiny (See: Heat, Miami).

ChiSox219
12-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Lol at top 15

ChiSox219
12-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Easy there Shakespeare. This isn't an isolated incident. There's already a cut here and each scratch opens it up. A lot of people don't believe their games mesh and when you have a team with an elite player that is very close to a title, they will be under a lot of scrutiny (See: Heat, Miami).

I agree, Westbrook has been creating issues for a while now. He had a great start last year but then went overboard trying to be Rose or something. Stop taking pull up 20 footers and get the ball to the best perimeter scorer possibly ever.

FlawlessVictory
12-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Not reading much into it tbh... I get the feeling they are like two brothers who fight a lot over little things; they will most likely work it out long term.

If they cant, I personally love a Rondo for Westbrook trade for both OKC and Boston long term.

ManRam
12-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Lol at top 15

Solid insight!

Player 1: 21.9 points, 8.2 assists, 4.6 rebounds, 44.2% FG, 33.0% 3PT, 84.2% FT, 23.6 PER...
Player 2: 24.1 points, 7.4 assists, 3.9 rebounds, 44.5% FG, 33.2% 3PT, 85.8%, 23.5 PER...

I bet you think one is the best player in the NBA, and the other isn't close to top 15. OK...

He's a top 15 player IMO. Top 20 at the worst. He is unfairly criticized, where Durant gets all the praise, not hate when he has bad games (and he does), and few realize how easy Russy makes it for KD.

KnicksorBust
12-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Solid insight!

Player 1: 21.9 points, 8.2 assists, 4.6 rebounds, 44.2% FG, 33.0% 3PT, 84.2% FT, 23.6 PER...
Player 2: 24.1 points, 7.4 assists, 3.9 rebounds, 44.5% FG, 33.2% 3PT, 85.8%, 23.5 PER...

I bet you think one is the best player in the NBA, and the other isn't close to top 15. OK...

He's a top 15 player IMO. Top 20 at the worst. He is unfairly criticized, where Durant gets all the praise, not hate when he has bad games (and he does), and few realize how easy Russy makes it for KD.

Player 1: 9.4 win shares, 2nd option
Player 2: 13.1 win shares, 1st option

ChiSox219
12-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Solid insight!

Because a player a vs player b statline is so insightful...

Look, im on phone and working otherwise i could give you a few graphs on how often Westbrook hurts his team even though he is a great talent.

Bravo95
12-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Non-issue. Although I agree that it's an organizational failing if they can't make it work. Great players in other sports have clashed and still won because the strong coach/front office wouldn't allow it to fall apart. If anything, we'll learn more about Brooks as a leader of men.

boolish
12-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Nobody wants Rondo lol

nobody wants westbrook. he's a pg who thinks he is a scorer. no team wants that.

boolish
12-29-2011, 12:36 PM
I can't believe how much people are overreacting to this.

Dude's a top 15 player in the league. Coming off the bench because of a bad game and because KD yelled at him for passing the ball?????

Come on. Much ado about nothing.

I like this one too...

top 15? well top 15 is gone from OCK. bank it.

boolish
12-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Non-issue. Although I agree that it's an organizational failing if they can't make it work. Great players in other sports have clashed and still won because the strong coach/front office wouldn't allow it to fall apart. If anything, we'll learn more about Brooks as a leader of men.

great player? he doesn't fit. they need a pass first pg not some kid who is DR lite.

SteBO
12-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Meh. I agree with Bruno at the top when he says Westbrook should be aware of who's he's playing with, but I think alot of you guys are losing sight of just how much Westbrook helps OKC win games. He takes pressure off KD whether you guys want to accept that or not.

Chris Webber said it best in the pre-game. Russell just needs to learn that as the PG of this team, he needs to control the game to what his teams' playstyle is. It isn't all about scoring, sure, but he is who he is; a scoring PG. Derrick Rose is no different, but as you've seen, he's matured very quickly. The word "maturity" is what it all comes down to, and that'll come with more experience and adversity, something Westbrook is facing right now. He'll be okay.

tredigs
12-29-2011, 12:50 PM
You can always tell the guys who only really started to watch Westbrook during their playoff run last year. He is a GREAT young player, but yes he still has his issues that they need to figure out. Westbrook is also their best player many nights, playoffs and otherwise.

In other news, the growing thunder core is 3-0 and arguably the best team in the western conference. FREAK OUT TIME!

Rocketsfan85
12-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Either trade him for Rondo or D-Will

NYMetros
12-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Rondo for Westbrook? :shrug:

edit: damn, guy above me beat me to it.

Bravo95
12-29-2011, 12:58 PM
great player? he doesn't fit. they need a pass first pg not some kid who is DR lite.
IMO, he's Top 20 overall and can get better. They need his offense. If I were a Thunder fan, I'd be less concerned about Westbrook as a player than about whether Brooks is the right coach who can lead them to the top against veteran teams like the Mavs, Spurs and Lakers.

pd1dish
12-29-2011, 01:14 PM
i think its funny that people actually think Westbrook is better than Rose. his talent is inferior and he sounds like a headcase whereas Rose is basically a Saint (or Jesus Himself for that matter)

SteBO
12-29-2011, 01:16 PM
i think its funny that people actually think Westbrook is better than Rose. his talent is inferior and he sounds like a headcase whereas Rose is basically a Saint (or Jesus Himself for that matter)
Their playstyles are identical. Other than that, I think Rose is the far superior player.

Daunter
12-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Might not be a bad idea to start Maynor and Harden and use Westbrook for 30 mins off the bench.

Hahaha if they sit him on the bench he'll leave right now he wouldn't even wait untill he's a FA.

GREATNESS ONE
12-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Saw this coming a mile away. Looks like Westbrook will have a new team soon.

smith&wesson
12-29-2011, 01:28 PM
i dont know what the fight was over... all i know is westbrook may be screwing himself over. okc will contend for years and if he gets traded he may end up on a crap team somewhere.

netsgiantsyanks
12-29-2011, 01:32 PM
i dont know what the fight was over... all i know is westbrook may be screwing himself over. okc will contend for years and if he gets traded he may end up on a crap team somewhere.

this. he needs to stfu and play.

Sly Guy
12-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Not reading much into it tbh... I get the feeling they are like two brothers who fight a lot over little things; they will most likely work it out long term.

If they cant, I personally love a Rondo for Westbrook trade for both OKC and Boston long term.

Agreed, I really like the look of that deal.

CrasH-X
12-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Send him to the Suns for Nash and Hill somehow .. I'd take it !!

Sadds The Gr8
12-29-2011, 02:09 PM

I think he wants his own team...

Sly Guy
12-29-2011, 02:15 PM
I see a lot of marbury in this kid.

nasthemasta
12-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Send him to the Suns for Nash and Hill somehow .. I'd take it !!

Yikes

stlbest5in2013
12-29-2011, 02:37 PM
the NBA is too big for Westbrook! he is not a leader, and not the captain of his own team. That is KD. Westy needs to be moved to an average team where he can pad his PPG which is what he wants.

Lindystud36
12-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Westy for Rondo and first rounder

smiddy012
12-29-2011, 02:57 PM

This. I think it would help both teams. Not to mention Rondo+KD would be a ****ing beauty to watch play together. I would think Boston actually would be more hesitant to do this.

Raph12
12-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Their playstyles are identical. Other than that, I think Rose is the far superior player.

And you'd be wrong in that assumption... Westbrook may make a few immature and dumb decisions sometimes, but talent-wise, he's right there with Rose, if not just a bit off.

ManRam
12-29-2011, 03:08 PM

Who said Westbrook is better than Rose? Me? :laugh: If you're referring to me, well, I never said that. I would argue that they have identical skill sets and are very similarly talented players, but Rose has proven to be the better player. I wouldn't, however, be shocked if Russy had as much success as a #1 option as Rose has.

My only point was to illustrate how good he is. Yes, his WS are lacking (hence why I didn't include them ;)), but a lot of that is a resultant of playing with KD. His efficiency might be skewed playing with Durant too...so who knows.

But a lot of people here act like he's a scrub, and he's not. He deserves flak a lot of times, but he's a constant scapegoat, and that's hilarious.

The only point is, he's vilified way too much. He had a bad game! They had a rough first serious run at a championship, but they'll grow from it. People even seem confused as to why they got in a skirmish...it has nothing to do with him shooting or stealing Durant's glory. He had an awful game, and it's good to see the fire from both these players. They get along, they're good friends...they just want to win. This is MUCH ado about nothing. It's just funny that whenever Durant has a bad game, there's no outrage.

Russy is a #1 option on half the teams in the league...he needs to realize that, but I don't blame him for trying to play like that. That's what he is. :shrug: They are best when he's scoring...not when Durant is running everything... especially since KD is better off-the-ball than he is with it.

ManRam
12-29-2011, 03:11 PM
top 15? well top 15 is gone from OCK. bank it.

You think they're trading him :laugh:

Hahaha.

The level that this has been blown up to is ridiculous. They aren't trading him. He isn't "gone". :laugh:

You are proof that this article (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/12/29/2667922/russell-westbrook-kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-hook) is way too right.

ThunderousDemon
12-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Big egos tend to clash, I don't think this is serious but if it persists and becomes mores serious then the Thunder FO might have to consider moving him.

gaughan333
12-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Rose>Westbrook>Rondo

gaughan333
12-29-2011, 03:26 PM
You could see problems last year in the playoffs...it isn't totally blown out of proportion like you want to say. There are issues with these two players. Westbrook wants to be "the guy" too. Sadly for him, he is playing with Durant and shouldn't be "the guy". They are not best when he is scoring, they are best when they are efficient, just like every other team in the NBA. He makes bad decisions and I can really see this FO getting scared about the conflict between these two. I sorta see them like a younger shaq/kobe. If they can co-exist long enough together they may win some rings too.

smith&wesson
12-29-2011, 03:27 PM
I think he wants his own team...

well toronto can be his very own :clap:

Matrix3132
12-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Big egos tend to clash, I don't think this is serious but if it persists and becomes mores serious then the Thunder FO might have to consider moving him.

Durant has one of the smallest egos of a player of his caliber ever

ChiSox219
12-29-2011, 03:57 PM
You are proof that this article (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/12/29/2667922/russell-westbrook-kevin-durant-oklahoma-city-thunder-hook) is way too right.

Get off that MTV faux drama, no one cares about that. This is about basketball and Westbrook not playing in a way that best benefits the team. This has been an issue for a while now, not just last season's playoffs.

I wouldn't, however, be shocked if Russy had as much success as a #1 option as Rose has.

My only point was to illustrate how good he is. Yes, his WS are lacking (hence why I didn't include them ;)), but a lot of that is a resultant of playing with KD. His efficiency might be skewed playing with Durant too...so who knows.

But a lot of people here act like he's a scrub, and he's not. He deserves flak a lot of times, but he's a constant scapegoat, and that's hilarious.

The only point is, he's vilified way too much. He had a bad game! They had a rough first serious run at a championship, but they'll grow from it. People even seem confused as to why they got in a skirmish...it has nothing to do with him shooting or stealing Durant's glory. He had an awful game, and it's good to see the fire from both these players. They get along, they're good friends...they just want to win. This is MUCH ado about nothing. It's just funny that whenever Durant has a bad game, there's no outrage.

Russy is a #1 option on half the teams in the league...he needs to realize that, but I don't blame him for trying to play like that. That's what he is. :shrug: They are best when he's scoring...not when Durant is running everything... especially since KD is better off-the-ball than he is with it.

Westbrook isn't even the 2nd best player on the Thunder but he uses just as many possessions as any other #1 in the league not named Kobe. I'm not sure why you are trying to make a case that's he's not getting the opportunities of a #1 or that he would do better as a #1, makes zero sense.

So far in the first 3 games, Westbrook has used a third of possessions available to him and turned the ball over on 25% of those possessions.

No one is saying Westbrook is a scrub because he's not. The argument is Westbrook has a great supporting cast yet chooses to hoist awful shots, play out of control, and turn the ball over. You are trying to compare his numbers to Rose as if it means something, do you have any idea how much more space Westbrook has to work with, having guys like Harden and Durant, both better players than anything Rose has. I'll take Cook over Korver. Ibaka's mid range was better than Boozer's and his Serge's athleticism requires a body on him at all times. Just look at some of the lanes RW got last year, it was ridiculous.

ChiSox219
12-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Westbrook was born to play for the Warriors, swap him for Steph Curry. The hilarity of Monta and Westy in the same back court would be priceless.

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2011, 04:05 PM
its a non issue, but theres nothing else to talk about.

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Westbrook was born to play for the Warriors, swap him for Steph Curry. The hilarity of Monta and Westy in the same back court would be priceless.

we did beat you guys the other night.

ChiSox219
12-29-2011, 04:14 PM
we did beat you guys the other night.

Warriors looked good for most of the Clippers game too. Didn't see last night but beating the Knicks is a quality win as well.

BKLYNpigeon
12-29-2011, 04:16 PM
yeah, Warriors are playing better defense and hasnt scored over 110 points yet. which is so weird.

I hope the Warriors trade Ellis for a legit SF or SG.

gaughan333
12-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Really? I like ellis on that team. They looked good together when they beat the bulls.

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Yeah Mark Jackson is going to turn Ellis into a beast. He already was really good but there really isn't another SG other than Wade and Kobe who can pretty much get to the hoop at will like he does.

Green_Monster
12-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Russel Westbrook and Surge Ibaka for Rajon Rondo and Brandon Bass/Jajaun Johnson.

Not sure about it, maybe one side should throw in a draft pick. Was just throwing something out there. Rondo is a better passer, no doubt. Maybe he would go well with Durant and Harden. Also he knows Perkins. Celtics can build for the future.

Rondo
Harden
Durant
Bass
Perkins

Westbrook
Allen
Pierce
Ibaka
Garnett (Yes Garnett can play center, unless we play Orlando)

justinnum1
12-29-2011, 05:31 PM
I would trade westbrook for picks. maybe westbrook for nash and 2 firsts

tp13baby
12-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Russel Westbrook and Surge Ibaka for Rajon Rond and Brandon Bass/Jajaun Johnson.

Not sure about it, maybe one side should throw in a draft pick. Was just throwing something out there. Rondo is a better passer, no doubt. Maybe he would go well with Durant and Harden. Also he knows Perkins. Celtics can build for the future.

Rondo
Harden
Durant
Bass
Perkins

Westbrook
Allen
Pierce
Ibaka
Garnett (Yes Garnett can play center, unless we play Orlando)

This is a one sided traded in my opinion. I love Rondo and completely believe he is a stud....Westbrook>Rondo Ibaka>>>Bass

_KB24_
12-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Get off that MTV faux drama, no one cares about that. This is about basketball and Westbrook not playing in a way that best benefits the team. This has been an issue for a while now, not just last season's playoffs.

Westbrook isn't even the 2nd best player on the Thunder but he uses just as many possessions as any other #1 in the league not named Kobe. I'm not sure why you are trying to make a case that's he's not getting the opportunities of a #1 or that he would do better as a #1, makes zero sense.

So far in the first 3 games, Westbrook has used a third of possessions available to him and turned the ball over on 25% of those possessions.

No one is saying Westbrook is a scrub because he's not. The argument is Westbrook has a great supporting cast yet chooses to hoist awful shots, play out of control, and turn the ball over. You are trying to compare his numbers to Rose as if it means something, do you have any idea how much more space Westbrook has to work with, having guys like Harden and Durant, both better players than anything Rose has. I'll take Cook over Korver. Ibaka's mid range was better than Boozer's and his Serge's athleticism requires a body on him at all times. Just look at some of the lanes RW got last year, it was ridiculous.

:speechless:

Hellcrooner
12-29-2011, 05:34 PM
ufgh......

If thunders gm is any intelligent he will offer Westbrook, Filler, Perkins and a pick for Dwight and nelson

No rings for anyone else for a decade.

Or lakers could make a Call...... but it would be Risky, since Thunder could end up winning it all.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cxa9kv6

Green_Monster
12-29-2011, 05:43 PM
This is a one sided traded in my opinion. I love Rondo and completely believe he is a stud....Westbrook>Rondo Ibaka>>>Bass

Imo Rondo>Westbrook. Especially because Rondo is a much better passer. Which would be great for Durant. And the Celtics could always throw in a 1st rounder, or add Bradley/Moore/Johnson.

MTar786
12-29-2011, 06:01 PM
they should actually try trading him and garbage for rondo and bass

MTar786
12-29-2011, 06:03 PM

why would they include ibaka in the trade? westbrook is more than enough for rondo and bass. theyd just have to add fillers to make slaries match

Green_Monster
12-29-2011, 06:21 PM
why would they include ibaka in the trade? westbrook is more than enough for rondo and bass. theyd just have to add fillers to make slaries match

Thats your opinion. I don't think Westbrook by himself for Rondo, and you think they would have to trade Bass too? That doesn't make any sense. The Celtics will be rebuilding soon. They won't trade a PG for a PG that arugubly down grades them.

njnets825
12-29-2011, 06:53 PM
unless these arguments are reoccurring there's no need to trade. arguments happen in team sports

Baller1
12-29-2011, 06:55 PM
:laugh:

One bad game, one small feud, and all of a sudden Westbrook is "gone". Wow.

The Thunder won on the road against a fellow Western Conference contender with their allstar PG shooting 0-13. Think about that; if Westbrook makes half of those shots, it's a slaughter.

Why the **** can't Westbrook have one tough game?

People villify the kid wayyyy too ****ing much. What happens if he goes out tonight and shoots 25 shots en route to 30 points, leading OKC to a win against another Western Conference Contender? "HE SHOOTS TOO MUCH!" "What a ball hog"!! "Trade him"! It's pathetic.

He can't win... But guess what? The Thunder are 3-0 with him playing worse than he's capable of. Think about that. Now what if he turns the corner and starts playing like he did last season? Look out.

Green_Monster
12-29-2011, 07:08 PM

The Thunder won on the road against a fellow Western Conference contender with their allstar PG shooting 0-13. Think about that; if Westbrook makes half of those shots, it's a slaughter.

People villify the kid wayyyy too ****ing much. What happens if he goes out tonight and shoots 25 shots en route to 30 points, leading OKC to a win against another Western Conference Contender? "HE SHOOTS TOO MUCH!" "What a ball hog"!! "Trade him"! It's pathetic.

He can't win... But guess what? The Thunder are 3-0 with him playing worse than he's capable of. Think about that. Now what if he turns the corner and starts playing like he did last season? Look out.

Not about the bad game. Its about Durant and Westbrook. To much Ego for one team, sooner or later one of them will blow up. And it won't be good.

Boozerguy47
12-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Westbrook doesn't appear to be the brightest player out there. For example, he just went 0-13... To me this is ridiculous. He should have put his ego behind him and realized him shooting wasn't in the teams best interest this game. Slashing to the hoop and then dishing out is what I would have liked to see him do.

Mr_Amaziing
12-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Not about the bad game. Its about Durant and Westbrook. To much Ego for one team, sooner or later one of them will blow up. And it won't be good.

Then we'll fix the problem.. Stop with all this trading bullshiit, He AIN'T going anywhere.. So Get off of our team's nuts, Y'all Ain't the GM so don't tripp

Mr_Amaziing
12-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Bottom Line

Westbrook WILL Stay

He'll bounce back tonight

DaVille
12-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Westbrick dumbass has Kevin Durant on his team and he is *****ing. Nicca STFU pass the ball to superstar. Rajon Rondo has more IQ in his pinkie than Westbrick as a whole

Mr_Amaziing
12-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Westbrick dumbass has Kevin Durant on his team and he is *****ing. Nicca STFU pass the ball to superstar. Rajon Rondo has more IQ in his pinkie than Westbrick as a whole

And that's whyy y'all wanted to get rid of him lol

DLeeicious
12-29-2011, 07:36 PM

My read is Durant to the Bulls out of this situation. I'm thinking something like Boozer + picks for KD. It's the perfect slap in the face to Westbrook because Rose is his buddy.

DaVille
12-29-2011, 07:37 PM
And that's whyy y'all wanted to get rid of him lol

for a superstar (Chris Paul) yes. Not a dumbass like westbrook.

Mr_Amaziing
12-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Boston 0-3
Okc 3-0

DaVille
12-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Boston 0-3
Okc 3-0

OK. lol

Mr_Amaziing
12-29-2011, 07:40 PM
for a superstar (Chris Paul) yes. Not a dumbass like westbrook.

And y'all The Dumbass to think he'll stay in Boston lol
He Clearly said he wanted to play in NY.. Whyy would he play for NY's Rival? ?

xxplayerxx23
12-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Westbrook, Ibaka, And picks for Howard :P

boolish
12-29-2011, 08:12 PM
You think they're trading him :laugh:

Hahaha.

The level that this has been blown up to is ridiculous. They aren't trading him. He isn't "gone". :laugh:

okc could improve their team by moving him. I expect them to.

ChiSox219
12-29-2011, 09:00 PM
it's going to suck hearing about this story all night on TNT

Green_Monster
12-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Then we'll fix the problem.. Stop with all this trading bullshiit, He AIN'T going anywhere.. So Get off of our team's nuts, Y'all Ain't the GM so don't tripp

I completly agree, because you know everything. Thanks for teaching me, same time tomorrow?