PDA

View Full Version : Michael Redd expected to sign with Suns

king4day
12-29-2011, 01:19 AM
The Suns could use a pure-shooting off guard whose unattached and has an All-Star resume. And there is one available.

Michael Redd, who has a scary knee history, worked out for the Suns at US Airways Center on Tuesday, and the Suns are considering signing the 32-year-old to address their need for scoring and shooting.

Redd worked out for the Suns along with free agent NBA veteran Ime Udoka and free agent Gilbert Brown, but Redd appears to have the primary interest. The Suns also had Redd's left knee examined because he has played only 61 games over the past three seasons due to two surgeries.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2011/12/29/20111229phoenix-suns-michael-redd-works-out.html#ixzz1htjYrDuA

Look for suns to sign free agent michael redd tomorrow

https://twitter.com/#!/Gambo620

Gambo is a Suns radio host.

Bruno
12-29-2011, 01:23 AM
interesting. he'll spread the floor thats for sure.

can someone tell me what happened to Nash tonight? why were his minutes so low?

king4day
12-29-2011, 01:35 AM
interesting. he'll spread the floor thats for sure.

can someone tell me what happened to Nash tonight? why were his minutes so low?

We were down 30 in the second I believe it was. The game was never close so Nash was being rested for pretty much the entire second half

If Redd can't become the goto scorer we'll need him to be, then expect Phoenix to be a top 5 pick this year. Nobody can score.

Wade>You
12-29-2011, 01:36 AM
With Steve Nash, can't wait.

billsftw
12-29-2011, 01:43 AM
is he healthy?
If so i want him on my fantasy team

THE MTL
12-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Go and drink from the fountain of youth in phoenix.

MrfadeawayJB
12-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Go and drink from the fountain of youth in phoenix.

beat me to it :cheers:

Nets/Raiders!
12-29-2011, 01:57 AM
he's just a random pickup now. Not the same old Redd we knew obviously. hard to see him getting playing time over Brown, Dudley/Hill

TheNumber37
12-29-2011, 02:05 AM
I really don't see why all injured former stars don't try to play a season or 2 in a Suns uni.

Lakeshow24KB
12-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Wouldn't be a bad pickup. It's always Nash penetrating to the rim
Then dishing to Gortat even though he can rarely finish. They need a consistent shooter besides Hill.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Expect a Grant Hill like recovery from his injuries.

Duncan = Donkey
12-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Good Pick up, he will help us to the No.1 Pick in the draft.

iggypop123
12-29-2011, 02:41 AM
their doctors can work wonders, their owner cannot.

sunsfan88
12-29-2011, 03:12 AM
Hopefully he sucks like the rest of the team so we can continue our pursuit of Harrison Barnes.

mdm692
12-29-2011, 03:20 AM
he's just a random pickup now. Not the same old Redd we knew obviously. hard to see him getting playing time over Brown, Dudley/Hill

you obviously havent watched the first 2 games if you think he wont get any minutes. Heck he will probably the starting 2

utl768
12-29-2011, 03:21 AM
There goes Jared Dudley's fantasy value

mdm692
12-29-2011, 03:23 AM
no there goes josh childress value if he had any lol

LakersMaster24
12-29-2011, 03:48 AM
I truly believe that Redd can resurrect his career in Phoenix. His stats this season:

13ppg 5apg 4rpg .4003P% and around .430FG%. He is a shooter, and he can still shoot; put Nash in the mix, and he can easily start scoring again.

Fresno
12-29-2011, 04:30 AM
I truly believe that Redd can resurrect his career in Phoenix. His stats this season:

13ppg 5apg 4rpg .4003P% and around .430FG%. He is a shooter, and he can still shoot; put Nash in the mix, and he can easily start scoring again.

:confused:

Michael Redd has never been a Combo Guard. Straight up scorer.

17 PPG 3 RPG 1.3 APG is more realistic if he makes a "comeback" due to the Suns medical staff. However, he is perfect for catch & shoot 3's. The question is if he can keep up with running with the Suns following his knee injuries.

People have all but forgotten he was averaging 22 PPG just 2 seasons ago before the injuries started.

You dont just lose the ability to knock down mid range jumpers and 3's, hes still useful for that.

LakersMaster24
12-29-2011, 04:47 AM
:confused:

Michael Redd has never been a Combo Guard. Straight up scorer.

17 PPG 3 RPG 1.3 APG is more realistic if he makes a "comeback" due to the Suns medical staff. However, he is perfect for catch & shoot 3's. The question is if he can keep up with running with the Suns following his knee injuries.

People have all but forgotten he was averaging 22 PPG just 2 seasons ago before the injuries started.

You dont just lose the ability to knock down mid range jumpers and 3's, hes still useful for that.

Oops my bad, I agree 5apg is a little too much.

Daunter
12-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Well PHX does have the best medical staff in the NBA

KnicksorBust
12-29-2011, 10:42 AM
More patchwork by the Phoenix FO. I don't understand what the hell they are doing over there. Are you really going to ride Nash/Hill into the ground? Why not get something for them before they just retire?

ManRam
12-29-2011, 10:45 AM
The funniest thing about this is that MICHAEL REDD makes the Suns back court both younger and to some extent better defensively. That's a scary thought...

Sly Guy
12-29-2011, 10:48 AM
lol, I guess the suns philosophy for building a team is to take a former all star with injury problems, hope that their medical staff can heal em, and play him next to steve nash and hope the team puts up enough points night in and night out to bury their opponent.

mdm692
12-29-2011, 11:23 AM
More patchwork by the Phoenix FO. I don't understand what the hell they are doing over there. Are you really going to ride Nash/Hill into the ground? Why not get something for them before they just retire?

ive been thinking the same these past 2 years but after seeing the team for 2012 offseason im thinking they will surprise some people. The team only has 30 mill committed with a core of gortat/dudley/childress/markief/frye/hakim and an amnesty still in their back pocket. Hakim has had an impressive preseason and has extended his game to the 3 point line. Lopez is back to his 2010 shape and if we can package him in a deal with warrick for a legit pf thrn we could amnesty frye or childress. And with a class of dwight, deron, gordon, westbrook, love, mayo, young its all up to the suns to make some good pitches and offer some deals that cant be refused.

todu82
12-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Michael Redd was, at one time, a solid player now he is largely a meh player.

KnicksorBust
12-29-2011, 12:13 PM
ive been thinking the same these past 2 years but after seeing the team for 2012 offseason im thinking they will surprise some people. The team only has 30 mill committed with a core of gortat/dudley/childress/markief/frye/hakim and an amnesty still in their back pocket. Hakim has had an impressive preseason and has extended his game to the 3 point line. Lopez is back to his 2010 shape and if we can package him in a deal with warrick for a legit pf thrn we could amnesty frye or childress. And with a class of dwight, deron, gordon, westbrook, love, mayo, young its all up to the suns to make some good pitches and offer some deals that cant be refused.

Not to be rude but do you really see that as a legit core? I don't see any of those guys as someone who can be a 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd option on a contending team. I like Gortat's defense and rebounding. I see him as a poor man's Andrew Bogut. However, the rest of that list is filled with bench player/5th option types. Granted Morris is a rookie with upside but I don't have much faith in that group at all. That's why I'm disappointed the Suns didn't take advantage of trading Nash while he still had great value. If you had jumped at the right time who knows what young PG you could have gotten for him. Now, I think might finally start to see his decline and I'm not sure a lot of teams would even give quality lottery talent for 2-3 years of Nash.

JPHX
12-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Now we just need to trade for Oden and Bynum, get Brandon Roy and Yao out of retirement and grab shaun livingston and we can officially change our name from the Phoenix Suns to the Phoenix NBA Rehab Center.

Imagine:

Nash/Livingston
Roy/Redd
Hill
Oden
Yao/Bynum

Not even AIG would wanna touch this mess.

GiantsSwaGG
12-29-2011, 05:13 PM
So I guess T.O. isn't a F.A anymore!

mdm692
12-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Not to be rude but do you really see that as a legit core? I don't see any of those guys as someone who can be a 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd option on a contending team. I like Gortat's defense and rebounding. I see him as a poor man's Andrew Bogut. However, the rest of that list is filled with bench player/5th option types. Granted Morris is a rookie with upside but I don't have much faith in that group at all. That's why I'm disappointed the Suns didn't take advantage of trading Nash while he still had great value. If you had jumped at the right time who knows what young PG you could have gotten for him. Now, I think might finally start to see his decline and I'm not sure a lot of teams would even give quality lottery talent for 2-3 years of Nash.

:facepalm: I like how you read my entire post where it clearly says that is nice young core in DESPERATE NEED OF THEIR NEXT FRANCHISE PLAYER. And with the suns having enough money to offer 2 max contracts and another one around 8mill-10mill then there is no need for them to be 1st, 2nd, 3rd options. Basically the suns team is set for them to just signs a star pg and a star pf and they will be one of the elite teams again.