PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams: "We need some pieces,there's not many starters on our team right now"

spreadeagle
12-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Reading Deron Williams‘ comments in the New York Times, you get the idea that Williams likes living in New York. He is living in SoHo with his family and commuting to New Jersey, plus doing charity work in Brooklyn. He’s happy there. He was at a party Tuesday night in SoHo to celebrate his partnership with Red Bull — the kind of perk that comes to stars in New York.

And yet, there is the basketball.

The Nets are 1-1 and only got that win because of a 20-point comeback against a weak Washington squad. The Nets are not good. Williams said to the Times what everybody knows —the Nets need roster help (especially with Brook Lopez out for at least a couple months).

“We need some more pieces,” he said. “There’s no secret about that. There’s not many starters on our team right now. We have a lot of great role players, a lot of guys who know their job, but in this league you need some top-tier guys so you can get the job done.”

The Nets have tried. They are in the Dwight Howard sweepstakes and have gone hard at seemingly every good free agent on the market. It’s not for lack of effort, but they are striking out a lot.

Right now, Williams sounds patient.

“I had one assist, six turnovers tonight — I don’t know if that’s ever happened in my life,” he said. “It’s a learning process. Normally I’d be upset. I am upset, but normally I’d be worse than I am right now. I expect things to get better before they get worse.”

If they don’t get better, the Nets run the risk of losing him this summer as a free agent. The unthinkable for New Jersey is to have to trade Williams at the deadline rather than lose him for nothing (they gave up a lot of talent, like Derrick Favors, plus picks to get him).

The Nets need to do something and they know it. Everyone knows it. They are moving into a New York marketplace where the Knicks are established and now good again. They need to make some kind of splash. D-Will alone isn’t enough.

Nothing about New Jersey’s situation is a secret. Doesn’t make it easy.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/28/deron-williams-wants-some-help-in-new-jersey-ya-think/

billsftw
12-28-2011, 06:06 PM
ouch.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-28-2011, 06:06 PM
They'll get Howard and Turkoglu sooner or later.

Ebbs
12-28-2011, 06:07 PM
This is not something a leader says quite honestly. . . whether it's true or not.

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2011, 06:08 PM
wow say that behind closed doors not to the media.

Greet
12-28-2011, 06:08 PM
He's speaking the truth. We have role players. Should Anthony Morrow be a starter? Heck no, he'd be an awesome 6th man.

lakerboy
12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Even if they get Dwight, they would not really be better than Orlando.

lakerboy
12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
He is talking about losing Sasha Vujacic too right

spreadeagle
12-28-2011, 06:11 PM

I know right..|Dwight Howard and Williams and a bunch of other guys...prob be a playoff team at best not a contender,I guess they would attract ppl to come play tho...NJ could be screwed so bad if they dont get him,Lopez breaking his foot just added to the bad luck they seem to have

Greet
12-28-2011, 06:11 PM

Stop fooling yourself lol

lakerboy
12-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Stop fooling yourself lol

Do you even know who their starting SF is?

29$JerZ
12-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Dwight still wouldn't be enough
Their core as a whole is awful even with a healthy Brook

Plus I don't see guys like Battier or Baron for example trying to come to the Nets cheap for a chance at a ring when you have the Knicks, HEAT, and even teams like Chicago.

They really do need Dwight though. Offer everything but Deron and hope for the best.
Deron and Brooks are their only legit talent right now.

lakerboy
12-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Their core as a whole is awful even with a healthy Brook

Plus I don't see guys like Battier or Baron for example trying to come to the Nets cheap for a chance at a ring when you have the Knicks, HEAT, and even teams like Chicago.

They really do need Dwight though. Offer everything but Deron and hope for the best.
Deron and Brooks are their only legit talent right now.

If they trade for Dwight, they'll even lose some more talents. They'll probably have to give up Brooks, Humphries and Morrow

Greet
12-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Do you even know who their starting SF is?

Damion James, first round pick out of Texas. Yes I know my own team.

Their core as a while is awful even with a healthy Brook

I don't get why you think that. It would be the best PG-C combo in the NBA. People wouldn't come to a team starting in a new city in the biggest sports market in the world? Yeah, right.

D1JM
12-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Wow. DWill needs to Shut up

KnickaBocka.44
12-28-2011, 06:19 PM
D-Will is trying to push himself out of Jersey. The Nets can't trade him though, they would look like fools if they got back less value than what they gave up to get him. I see D-Will taking less money to be a part of a winner this summer after all of the losing he has experienced in recent years.

lakerboy
12-28-2011, 06:20 PM

I don't get why you think that. It would be the best PG-C combo in the NBA. People wouldn't come to a team starting in a new city in the biggest sports market in the world? Yeah, right.

Oh ok didn't know you were a Nets fan, but you I think you get my point.

In the end, the best PG-C combo will not be enough for a championship, because you'll need a whole team. Even LBJ-Wade-Bosh and a bunch of veterans couldn't win a championship. Not even a prime Shaq and Kobe (arguably the best C-SG combo in history) in 2003 and 2004.

spreadeagle
12-28-2011, 06:22 PM

You think D Will and Howard and a bunch of scrubs are better then..Amare,Chandler,Melo,Fields or Bron Wade Bosh Battier or Westbrook Durant Perkins Harden? ect if ur gunna play cheap for a shot at a ring id start with a lot of other teams

Greet
12-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Oh ok didn't know you were a Nets fan, but you I think you get my point.

In the end, the best PG-C combo will not be enough for a championship, because you'll need a whole team. Even LBJ-Wade-Bosh and a bunch of veterans couldn't win a championship. Not even a prime Shaq and Kobe (arguably the best C-SG combo in history) in 2003 and 2004.

An elite PG and an elite C is a more dominant combination than any other one you could make in the NBA.

DR_1
12-28-2011, 06:25 PM
An elite PG and an elite C is a more dominant combination than any other one you could make in the NBA.

I would say PG-PF.

29$JerZ
12-28-2011, 06:26 PM

Deron and Dwight is a great star core but the void left from a Dwight trade would be brutal.

Miami at least had Halsem to hold on to
NY at least had Toney, Fields, and was able to flip Billups for Tyson despite the Melo trade
NJ would be looking at 2 stars with no cast at all.
NJ still needs to get Dwight but unless they pull another major move I don see that being a serious team. Miami, NY, Chicago, and even teams like Indiana match up very well against them despite the PG/C combo

Greet
You think D Will and Howard and a bunch of scrubs are better then..Amare,Chandler,Melo,Fields or Bron Wade Bosh Battier or Westbrook Durant Perkins Harden? ect if ur gunna play cheap for a shot at a ring id start with a lot of other teams

I think in a 7-game series if you combine D-Will and Howard they have a chance to beat any team in the NBA.

Dwight Howard and scrubs got into the finals, I would assume that Deron Williams, Dwight Howard and scrubs could win.

Kia Kaha
Poor deron, i bet he wishes he never spouted off with jerry Sloan now..
This nets team has some good pieces but they are bench, role player type guys, i love morrow and brooks has great potential..but when those guys are getting huge minutes you know you have problems..

beliges
12-28-2011, 06:27 PM

Wade-LBJ-Bosh is more talent than anyone can have on a team. No elite PG-C combo will have a greater impact than those 3. Thats just 2 of the best players in the league together on the same team with an elite big man.

Greet
12-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Deron and Dwight is a great star core but the void left from a Dwight trade would be brutal.

Miami at least had Halsem to hold on to
NY at least had Toney, Fields, and was able to flip Billups for Tyson despite the Melo trade
NJ would be looking at 2 stars with no cast at all.
NJ still needs to get Dwight but unless they pull another major move I don see that being a serious team. Miami, NY, Chicago, and even teams like Indiana match up very well against them despite the PG/C combo

Hmm...I think you're expecting that trade to be like Lopez, 2 firsts, humphries, brooks, james, morrow for Howard....

lakerboy
12-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Wade-LBJ-Bosh is more talent than anyone can have on a team. No elite PG-C combo will have a greater impact than those 3. Thats just 2 of the best players in the league together on the same team with an elite big man.

On the other hand, if you have Kobe, Pau and Dwight in one team :) I am just kidding.

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2011, 06:29 PM
dwill and howard would make them a 6 seed a 5 at best.Miami,chiago,Knicks,Celtics,Lakers,Clippers,O KC Etc are still bettere then them. I agree he is speaking the truth but you dont say that pubilicy

Greet
12-28-2011, 06:30 PM

Wade/LBJ/Bosh just lost a championship to Dirk and role players/

Rivera
This is not something a leader says quite honestly. . . whether it's true or not.

this...

if dwight doesnt get traded up there deron is good as GONE

spreadeagle
I think in a 7-game series if you combine D-Will and Howard they have a chance to beat any team in the NBA.

Dwight Howard and scrubs got into the finals, I would assume that Deron Williams, Dwight Howard and scrubs could win.

Lol cmon man he played with some decent ppl when he got to finals,Turkoglu and Nelson were on fire around that time..I hope for the sake of the atlantic division and my Raps he goes West lol

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Hmm...I think you're expecting that trade to be like Lopez, 2 firsts, humphries, brooks, james, morrow for Howard....

and what are you expecting?

Tmath
He should sign with the Raptors when he is a FA.

spreadeagle

Marion Terry Kidd Chandler are not roll players! :confused:

VinceCarter
12-28-2011, 06:32 PM
The Magic don't want young players though. They want veterans. So I think we could keep MarShon Brooks.

beliges
12-28-2011, 06:32 PM

True, but they were heavily favored to win and should have easily won except well Lebron pulled a Lebron in the Finals. When the other team's player hands you the championship, you take it.

AndyfromNeptune
12-28-2011, 06:33 PM
I know we all seem to be down on the Nets right now...

But I don't think we should be. This is the same team that PURPOSELY drove up the price on the Knicks in the Melo trade with the intent of getting Deron Williams.

I would NOT be surprised if they had something cooking up their sleeve. There is a reason why a multi-billionare russian bought this team. He is a genius.

Would not be surprised if the Nets made the splash for Dwight after the all star break right before the trade deadline. I think it would make sense for Orlando at that point. Whatever value the Nets offer now, will be the same if not more at the deadline. And for Orlando, I would not run the risk of losing Howard in free agency for nothing. If not Howard, the Nets will definitely make a splash in free agency next year. For business purposes it just makes too much sense.

Also on a side note, am I the only one who thinks Marshon Brooks will be a great player in this league ?

beliges
On the other hand, if you have Kobe, Pau and Dwight in one team :) I am just kidding.

Yup..with that team, the Lakers will win another couple of championships before Kobe hangs em up.

smith&wesson
the nets made a big mistake. they gave up too much to get dwill and orlando has no interest in the pieces they have to offer in a trade for howard.

if they dont get howard the nets will say good bye to d.will and renting him for a year and a half was def not worth the picks and players they gave up.

nets fans pray!! oh and when you get a chance pray for my raptors too.

29$JerZ
12-28-2011, 06:34 PM

Brook and 2 1st won't get it done after Brook injured himself and their owner seriously wants to be competitive instead of rebuild

NJ will have to up their offer IMO

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2011, 06:34 PM
The Magic don't want young players though. They want veterans. So I think we could keep MarShon Brooks.

I read that too, But I think they still would want Brooks

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 06:35 PM
I know we all seem to be down on the Nets right now...

But I don't think we should be. This is the same team that PURPOSELY drove up the price on the Knicks in the Melo trade with the intent of getting Deron Williams.

I would NOT be surprised if they had something cooking up their sleeve. There is a reason why a multi-billionare russian bought this team. He is a genius.

Would not be surprised if the Nets made the splash for Dwight after the all star break right before the trade deadline. I think it would make sense for Orlando at that point. Whatever value the Nets offer now, will be the same if not more at the deadline. And for Orlando, I would not run the risk of losing Howard in free agency for nothing. If not Howard, the Nets will definitely make a splash in free agency next year. For business purposes it just makes too much sense.
Also on a side note, am I the only one who thinks Marshon Brooks will be a great player in this league ?

what do the nets have that the magic would want ? other then d.will himself ??

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 06:37 PM
theres about 28 other teams that have more to offer for howard then the nets do. just saying.

NYtilIdie
12-28-2011, 06:37 PM

Those "scrubs" also shot one of the highest if not the highest 3 point % in NBA history in the ECF that year.

Greet
12-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Those "scrubs" also shot one of the highest if not the highest 3 point % in NBA history the ECF that year.

Why do you think they had all those open 3's :p

Brook and 2 1st won't get it done after Brook injured himself and their owner seriously wants to be competitive instead of rebuild

NJ will have to up their offer IMO

I'm pretty sure there was an offer of Brook, GForce, 3-4 firsts and the Magic said no. They're just being stubborn.

jmoney85
12-28-2011, 06:40 PM
nets should just wait till the offseason.. they would be much better off

KnicksR4Real
12-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Poor Deron

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Why do you think they had all those open 3's :p

I'm pretty sure there was an offer of Brook, GForce, 3-4 firsts and the Magic said no. They're just being stubborn.

Whos gforce? Lopez brooks, 3 firsts, and Humpfries for Howard would be good for both teams

NYtilIdie
12-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Gerald Wallace.

spreadeagle
12-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Ive got it...Lopez and Dwill for Howard and Nelson....:D just switch citys guys

spreadeagle
12-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Whos gforce? Lopez brooks, 3 firsts, and Humpfries for Howard would be good for both teams

How many effin first's do the nets have seems like they will be outta first round picks till 2050

Lakeshow24KB
12-28-2011, 06:46 PM
He doesn't deserve Dwight. COME TO LA PLEASE

RaiderKid318
12-28-2011, 06:49 PM
I think he is trying to help ease the pain of his teammate being the most hated player in the NBA. Next year hump will have a run for his money lol

NYMetros
12-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Wow. Deron should not be saying stuff like that, even though we all know he's right. Any knowledgable fan knows his team sucks. I'd be pissed if I was one of the guys he's talking about though.

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2011, 06:50 PM
How many effin first's do the nets have seems like they will be outta first round picks till 2050

Not sure, I just went by what the poster above me said.

spreadeagle
12-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Not sure, I just went by what the poster above me said.

well I know they gave a bunch for Williams...you cant just keep giving away first's you will be screwed for yrs

beliges
12-28-2011, 06:53 PM
well I know they gave a bunch for Williams...you cant just keep giving away first's you will be screwed for yrs

They also gave a 1st to pick up Okur.

xxplayerxx23
Breaking News: Net players fight over which players he is talking about

xxplayerxx23

Agreed Somehow i think they have 2 for this year.

jmoney85
12-28-2011, 06:58 PM
we have houstons pick and ours this season

Cal827
12-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Kris Humphries has been one of the best. His per is bordering 30. :D

Just like I said of Dwight, **** Deron Williams. I can understand if you think that the team might not have strong enough pieces, but don't publicly embarrass them, especially when you aren't playing like a starter yourself. Deal with it, then move on from there in the offseason. Seriously, these comments from these two idiots :pity:

spreadeagle
12-28-2011, 07:05 PM
we have houstons pick and ours this season

Lopez plus Hump 2 first's and whoever the **** else they want on ur team...maybe get er done.Lopez breaking his foot just messes up the deal for now tho and lets another team maybe swoop in

Cano-Montero...
12-28-2011, 07:05 PM
They also gave a 1st to pick up Okur.

nope..it was a 2nd rounder...

JayStar-8
12-28-2011, 07:11 PM
You think D Will and Howard and a bunch of scrubs are better then..Amare,Chandler,Melo,Fields

I'd take

Dwill
Brooks
Turkoglu
Hump
Howard

over

Douglass
Fields
Melo
Amare
Chandler

magichatnumber9
12-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Now I'm really not surprised Jerry Sloan retired. D will is **** bag.

netsgiantsyanks
I'd take

Dwill
Brooks
Turkoglu
Hump
Howard

over

Douglass
Fields
Melo
Amare
Chandler

stop it. it's just going to cause more bs.

ArmLaker
I doubt NJ is going to acquire Dwight Howard because they would have to gut the whole damn team and there isn't much of a team to offer anyways. If anyone is taking Dwight its going to be my LOS ANGELES LAKERS

netsgiantsyanks
all i can do is :sigh:

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 07:24 PM
theres about 28 other teams that have more to offer for howard then the nets do. just saying.

And 25 of those other teams are teams that Howard will not sign with.. just sayin

Whether it makes sense or not and whether you like it or not Howards first choice is the Nets. If recent history has shown us anything lately is that the stars get what they want. Agents drive this league and Dwight's agent wants him in Brooklyn.

Deal with it. I personally agree with most that Howard should want the Bulls or OKC, or MIN, or LAC but for whatever reason its Nets, Mavs, and Lakers last.

As for Deron, he should not be saying things like this. His team is struggling enough without him taking their confidence away as well. He is supposed to be the 2nd best PG in the league so its his job to make the players better not worse by kicking them why they are down

airronijordan
12-28-2011, 07:29 PM
As a leader, Deron shouldn't be saying that publicly.

Also a Dwill-Dwight combo can compete in the East (this is coming from a Knicks fan)

They wont be contenders overnight, but they will attract players.

If the Nets can't get Dwight by the trade deadline, then I think they should call Boston and see if Boston would be interested in a Deron-Rondo swap

NYsFinest
12-28-2011, 07:31 PM
I'd take

Dwill
Brooks
Turkoglu
Hump
Howard

over

Douglass
Fields
Melo
Amare
Chandler

except one line up is real... and the other is wishful thinking.

*baron davis instead of douglas

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 07:36 PM
And 25 of those other teams are teams that Howard will not sign with.. just sayin

Whether it makes sense or not and whether you like it or not Howards first choice is the Nets. If recent history has shown us anything lately is that the stars get what they want. Agents drive this league and Dwight's agent wants him in Brooklyn.

Deal with it. I personally agree with most that Howard should want the Bulls or OKC, or MIN, or LAC but for whatever reason its Nets, Mavs, and Lakers last.

As for Deron, he should not be saying things like this. His team is struggling enough without him taking their confidence away as well. He is supposed to be the 2nd best PG in the league so its his job to make the players better not worse by kicking them why they are down

what up chill will

if the magic arent looking to rebuild and want quality vets in a trade wouldnt it make sence for them to trade with the lakers seeing how the lakers are one of the teams on howards list ?

it seems to me that a bynam and gasol trade will end up being the best offers in terms of what the magic are looking for .. imo its only a matter of time the lakers give in

and i agree d.will shouldnt be saying ish like this. its discouraging to his team mates that he doesnt think very highly of any of them.

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 07:40 PM

Thats funny coming from you... i seem to remember hearin CP3+Amare+Melo and their magic "wedding toast powers" could compete with MIA..

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 07:44 PM
what up chill will

if the magic arent looking to rebuild and want quality vets in a trade wouldnt it make sence for them to trade with the lakers seeing how the lakers are one of the teams on howards list ?

it seems to me that a bynam and gasol trade will end up being the best offers in terms of what the magic are looking for .. imo its only a matter of time the lakers give in

and i agree d.will shouldnt be saying ish like this. its discouraging to his team mates that he doesnt think very highly of any of them.

Sup bro

Yes i agree. If the Magic truly dont intend on a rebuild then the Lakers are the team they should be looking at. Bynum+Gasol keeps them competitive. in fact they could bring in HOU and do the trade they had before except without CP3 and instead Dwight.

Gasol+Bynum keeps them competitive
Bynum+Scola+K-Mart+Dragic keeps them competitive

Lakers are the only team that ORL should be looking at if they wanna remain competitive seeing as they are the only team that meets both their and Dwights wishes.

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Sup bro

Yes i agree. If the Magic truly dont intend on a rebuild then the Lakers are the team they should be looking at. Bynum+Gasol keeps them competitive. in fact they could bring in HOU and do the trade they had before except without CP3 and instead Dwight.

Lakers are the only team that ORL should be looking at if they wanna remain competitive seeing as they are the only team that meets both their and Dwights wishes.

ya see thats what im saying.

netsgiantsyanks
12-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Sup bro

this.

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Sup bro

not sure man. I think if the nets offer Lopez(if healthy) Morrow, humpfries, Brooks plus picks that still has them as a playoff team, and they get young talent plus picks. Gasol and Bynum will keep them compettitive also but wont give them the young pieces with it

clyde3218
12-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Lopez plus Hump 2 first's and whoever the **** else they want on ur team...maybe get er done.Lopez breaking his foot just messes up the deal for now tho and lets another team maybe swoop in

And hearing DWill say what he said do you think Orl wants that!!! Please, and its been said that Orl wants vets in any trade for D12

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 07:56 PM
not sure man. I think if the nets offer Lopez(if healthy) Morrow, humpfries, Brooks plus picks that still has them as a playoff team, and they get young talent plus picks. Gasol and Bynum will keep them compettitive also but wont give them the young pieces with it

if the magic were looking to rebuild the nets could offer a package of any combination of those players plus picks and orlando would be in good shape for the future.

but otis smith is a ****** and rather be a 1st or 2nd round play off exit right now then to build through the draft with the nets picks.

thenetslegend
12-28-2011, 07:56 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2011, 07:59 PM
not really my man.

if the magic were looking to rebuild the nets could offer a package of any combination of those players plus picks and orlando would be in good shape for the future.

but otis smith is a ******.

i read it was more the owners plan to not rebuild. But It must just be me, I really like lopez brooks and hump I think add them with nelson glen davis, richerdson reddick and anderson that they can get the 7 or 8 seed then have brooks and the 2 firsts this year and have some good young pieces, this draft is supposed to be a monster of a draft i think thats the better way to go maybe its just me.

JayStar-8
12-28-2011, 08:01 PM

while one lineup is real, the other isn't wishful thinking. It could happen, but it hasn't yet so I see your point.

wishful thinking would be the Magic keep Howard and hope they can make a deep playoff run to convince him to stay. Then Howard signs with the Nets as an FA. Then the Nets would re-sign Brook and Hump(through bird rights) and move the assets that they were gonna trade for Dwight(the two 2012 firsts, Morrow, James) for a higher pick and draft an SF(Harrison Barnes, Perry Jones, Thomas Robinson, Micheal Gilchrist, Terrence Jones). I think they can get at least one of those. Oh, and add AK47.

Dwill / Gaines
Brooks / Stevenson
Gilchrist / AK47
Lopez / Humphries
Howard / Petro

but then again, that's wishful thinking right. ;)

*ok, true.

Nycbball08
12-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Wow. DWill needs to Shut up

lol....LMAO...

jmoney85
i wont lose any sleep if we dont make a dwight howard deal this season... i really treasure our draft picks next season... we could possible have 2 picks in the top 15

smith&wesson
i read it was more the owners plan to not rebuild. But It must just be me, I really like lopez brooks and hump I think add them with nelson glen davis, richerdson reddick and anderson that they can get the 7 or 8 seed then have brooks and the 2 firsts this year and have some good young pieces, this draft is supposed to be a monster of a draft i think thats the better way to go maybe its just me.

Your probably right. i just say otis smith cuz he is the gm and the gm reflects the decision making of the front office.

if i were orlando id take the picks and quality young players >>> bench riding bynum and gasol. gasol is intriguing but the picks could end up being corner stone type players

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 08:04 PM

That package doesnt do anything for the Magic imo unless the Magic wanna rebuild and tank games which is what they SHOULD want but its reportedly not what they are aiming for

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Your probably right. i just say otis smith cuz he is the gm and the gm reflects the decision making of the front office.

if i were orlando id take the picks and quality young players >>> bench riding bynum and gasol. gasol is intriguing but the picks could end up being corner stone type players

exactly I agree, If they wait until the trade deadline the nets could still be in the lottery, Or get the 8th seed, They would have 2 picks in this draft, Its going to be insane. Lopez is a stud very young also. But It looks like they would rather a fragile Bynum and Gasol.

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 08:06 PM

i am with you here but the Magic DO have leverage here since Dwight is not pulling a Melo and saying Nets or bust. I just wish Dwight were open to the Bulls cuz i really dont want the Heat to win anything

JayStar-8
12-28-2011, 08:08 PM
I doubt NJ is going to acquire Dwight Howard because they would have to gut the whole damn team and there isn't much of a team to offer anyways. If anyone is taking Dwight its going to be my LOS ANGELES LAKERS

the lakers would have to give up both bynum and gasol. Is buss willing to do that? and even if he is, do you think Dwight would re-sign with a team that just lost its 2nd(Gasol), 3rd(Bynum) and 4th(Odom) best players? Kobe is old and he would benefit a lot more from playing with a top 2 PG.

It's similar with Atlanta. It's his hometown and they can give Otis what he wants. However, if they trade Horford, J Smoove, and Teague for Howard, would Howard want to play for that team. They would still have Joe Johnson, but his contract is enormous.

MJ-BULLS
12-28-2011, 08:08 PM
I used to be a big fan of Deron Williams back when he was with Utah, but he has turned into such a diva. These are the kind of stuff you shouldn't be saying out loud in public. Please keep it behind closed doors.

JEDean89
12-28-2011, 08:11 PM
if i was the nets i would sign dwight in the offseason flat out. keep humphries and trade lopez to a team for a wing player. a lopez for jeff green and a pick would be solid. i would then focus on wilson chandler at the sf who is unrestricted in the offseason. that would give them a great core with a solid 6th man in Jeff Green. Howard and Humphries would goble up at least 20 rebounds a game and chandler, williams and brooks can provide the perimter scoring. Jeff Green could be a 15+ ppg playing both forwards off the bench. NJ is a couple of signings and a trade away from being a solid team. they could then attract solid vets.

JayStar-8
12-28-2011, 08:12 PM
i am with you here but the Magic DO have leverage here since Dwight is not pulling a Melo and saying Nets or bust. I just wish Dwight were open to the Bulls cuz i really dont want the Heat to win anything

did Melo really say that? weren't his options Knicks, Nets, Rockets, or Lakers?

and about the heat...... if the Magic really want vets in order to stay competitive, what if the Heat pull off a Bosh+Haslem+picks for Howard. Bosh kept the Raptors in the playoffs.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-28-2011, 08:13 PM
LOL New Jersey sucks. Deron will be gone next season unless Dwight is a Net.

sb123
12-28-2011, 08:14 PM
if i was the nets i would sign dwight in the offseason flat out. keep humphries and trade lopez to a team for a wing player. a lopez for jeff green and a pick would be solid. i would then focus on wilson chandler at the sf who is unrestricted in the offseason. that would give them a great core with a solid 6th man in Jeff Green. Howard and Humphries would goble up at least 20 rebounds a game and chandler, williams and brooks can provide the perimter scoring. Jeff Green could be a 15+ ppg playing both forwards off the bench. NJ is a couple of signings and a trade away from being a solid team. they could then attract solid vets.

Good plan if Dwight waits for it.

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 08:16 PM

Thanks for that Mr 0-2

Greet

and about the heat...... if the Magic really want vets in order to stay competitive, what if the Heat pull off a Bosh+Haslem+picks for Howard. Bosh kept the Raptors in the playoffs.

No. The Nets and Nuggets had a trade already set up for Melo but just wanted his OK for the extension and he said no.

JayStar-8

and Dallas is amazing, right?

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 08:17 PM

Dwight will not resign in MIA

clyde3218
12-28-2011, 08:17 PM
the lakers would have to give up both bynum and gasol. Is buss willing to do that? and even if he is, do you think Dwight would re-sign with a team that just lost its 2nd(Gasol), 3rd(Bynum) and 4th(Odom) best players? Kobe is old and he would benefit a lot more from playing with a top 2 PG.

It's similar with Atlanta. It's his hometown and they can give Otis what he wants. However, if they trade Horford, J Smoove, and Teague for Howard, would Howard want to play for that team. They would still have Joe Johnson, but his contract is enormous.

Why wouldnt he? Its LA. A place where management always seem to to land stars... So I'd think if he's smart he will.

JayStar-8
12-28-2011, 08:21 PM

I'd rather just keep Lopez and play him at the 4. If anything, I would trade Lopez and some pieces for Danny Granger, Rudy Gay, or Iggy..... not for Green who is a FA anyway.

Kyle N.
12-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Wow. Deron Williams sounds like a pretty crappy teammate. He pretty much said "My teammates suck. Give me any random "pieces" that are better. Please me or I will whine."

JayStar-8
12-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Dwight will not resign in MIA

Even if they win the championship?

btw, this isn't happening.
I don't think Otis is that stupid to trade Dwight to the Heat.
Magic fans would flip out.

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Even if they win the championship?

btw, this isn't happening.
I don't think Otis is that stupid to trade Dwight to the Heat.
Magic fans would flip out.

Nope. Even then. Have you read nothing? Howard want to carve his own path. He wants to build his own legacy. Thats why Brooklyn is so high on his list. He spent time over the summer there. He know he will beloved in Brooklyn and supported unlike in any other city and there would be no better way to stand alone than to go there and build a winner in Brooklyn.

His reasons for wanting the Nets make sense. Its not just about winning. its about winning and being the man on his team. Deron is about as low key a superstar as you will ever find. Dwight is the most marketable big man in decades.

JayStar-8
12-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Nope. Even then. Have you read nothing? Howard want to carve his own path. He wants to build his own legacy. Thats why Brooklyn is so high on his list. He spent time over the summer there. He know he will beloved in Brooklyn and supported unlike in any other city and there would be no better way to stand alone than to go there and build a winner in Brooklyn.

His reasons for wanting the Nets make sense. Its not just about winning. its about winning and being the man on his team. Deron is about as low key a superstar as you will ever find. Dwight is the most marketable big man in decades.

yeah. I'm sure the whole global superstar thing and Adidas market help too.

NYsFinest
12-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Thats funny coming from you... i seem to remember hearin CP3+Amare+Melo and their magic "wedding toast powers" could compete with MIA..

We all know how that turned out...

beliges
12-28-2011, 08:40 PM

Dwight is the most marketable big man of THIS decade. Shaq was the most marketable big man in the decade past. Furthermore, Dwight will not be winning anything in Brooklyn anytime soon. Him + D Will + the rest of their crap roster is not remotely close enough to win. Thats the problem with everyone saying Nets are a strong candidiate. On top of that, the Nets have nothing to offer. Especially now that Lopez is out for quite some time. The Nets dont really make sense at this point.

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 08:50 PM

:laugh: ya 3 playoff wins in 6 seasons :laugh2: and those wins didnt come in the same series either lol

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Dwight is the most marketable big man of THIS decade. Shaq was the most marketable big man in the decade past. Furthermore, Dwight will not be winning anything in Brooklyn anytime soon. Him + D Will + the rest of their crap roster is not remotely close enough to win. Thats the problem with everyone saying Nets are a strong candidiate. On top of that, the Nets have nothing to offer. Especially now that Lopez is out for quite some time. The Nets dont really make sense at this point.

Yea? Well how bout you get Dwight agent on the phone and file a formal complaint.

Keep singing the same song that has been sung about the Nets since it surfaced that Dwight was interested in them.

Whether it makes sense or not its what Dwight has set his mind on; being the man in Brooklyn. Lets see if he changes his mind since he seems to be flip flopping a lot.

He wants to separate himself from Shaq as much as possible

He wants to be in a big market AND be the man on said team.

He wants to build his own legacy

Is it really that hard to see why he has fallen in love with the thought of playing in Brooklyn? Does CHI offer that? Nope, DRose will always rule there. LA? Nope Kobe will always be the face their until he retires and after that Dwight aint winning ****. DAL? Possibility but they dont have the pieces to trade and Howard will NOT be a FA.

I see the Lakers as the front-runners but stop with the Nets bashing. Hate aint cute.

The goods
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Ouch that has to be an akward moment when he goes into that locker room,I can't believe he said that and how do you expect the FO to make moves when even you think the players suck? He might've lowered all their trade value with that statement.

NYsFinest
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Yea? Well how bout you get Dwight agent on the phone and file a formal complaint.

Keep singing the same song that has been sung about the Nets since it surfaced that Dwight was interested in them.

Whether it makes sense or not its what Dwight has set his mind on; being the man in Brooklyn. Lets see if he changes his mind since he seems to be flip flopping a lot.

Is it really that hard to see why he has fallen in love with the thought of playing in Brooklyn? Does CHI offer that? Nope, DRose will always rule there. LA? Nope Kobe will always be the face their until he retires and after that Dwight aint winning ****. DAL? Possibility but they dont have the pieces to trade and Howard will NOT be a FA.

I see the Lakers as the front-runners but stop with the Nets bashing. Hate aint cute.

Fallen in love?!? I find it humorous that a man that claims to be above and to have more logic than the Knicks fans who made Lebron and CP3 banners, gets caught up in the hype so quickly the second his team is mentioned as a possibility for one of these stars. You DONT KNOW what Dwight wants so stop pretending like you do, Dwight "wanting" Nets is nowhere near as obvious as Pauls desires were... and Paul didn't even get his top 2 choices.

Hypocrite :p

ee
12-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Dwight will test Free Agency, signs with the nets.... Nets still have lopez and humpries as trade chip for another stud....what's the fuss about every little word comes out? No clue....

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Fallen in love?!? I find it humorous that a man that claims to be above and to have more logic than the Knicks fans who made Lebron and CP3 banners, gets caught up in the hype so quickly the second his team is mentioned as a possibility for one of these stars. You DONT KNOW what Dwight wants so stop pretending like you do, Dwight "wanting" Nets is nowhere near as obvious as Pauls desires were... and Paul didn't even get his top 2 choices.

Hypocrite :p

Good job at not reading. I still think he will be a Laker. Before this i was adamant that he would be a Clipper. I have never been convinced that the Nets were the front runners in this. All im saying is all the ppl ****ing about Dwight wanting the Nets need to chill cuz the lure of Brooklyn is undeniable. Ppl that say he will not win with Deron.. Dwight+Deron would be unstoppable by 80% of the league and can beat ANY team on a given night.

The Nets may not be the best option in terms of winning but anyone pretending like the Nets are a horrible choice are just spewing trash. If i was in Dwight position only the Bulls would hold more lure to me than Brooklyn

FriedTofuz
12-28-2011, 09:42 PM
thats rude still LOL

FlashMacker
12-28-2011, 09:43 PM

So, LeBron and scrubs got into the finals when he was in cleveland. Neither team won did they?

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Dwight will test Free Agency, signs with the nets.... Nets still have lopez and humpries as trade chip for another stud....what's the fuss about every little word comes out? No clue....

Honestly from the Nets perspective this is their best hope. Dwight goes to FA along with Deron and the Nets have to pray that the Mavs cant find a taker for Marion contract at which point they would keep all their assets. They can trade Lopez for a wing. They keep their 2012 picks. Their own pick might be near the lottery or in it in a deep draft. The Rockets look like a playoff team so they will have that pick as well.

Nets/Raiders!
12-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Wow, I'm sure his teammates didn't take kind to that. Highly unprofessional and straight disrespectful. :pity:

rhymeratic
12-28-2011, 09:55 PM
If Nets win more than 10 games this season I'll be completely SHOCKED!

JerseysFinest
12-28-2011, 09:56 PM
The way the OP titled this, it makes D-Will look like the bad guy He's simply saying that there aren't any starter quality players on the team, which is true. He's not saying anyone is garbage or anything, most of the players other than D-Will are very solid role players, and some are very young an unproven (Brooks, James, Jordan Williams).

beliges
12-28-2011, 09:57 PM

No I agree with you. I also think Dwight wants to be the man in a big market. Both the Nets and Lakers will provide that for him. However I simply said he probably wont win with the Nets and certainly wont win anytime soon. Even with Dwight and D Will, that team is not good enough to win a title and will take them at least a few years before they can maybe get into contention. Thats why im so skeptical on the Nets acquiring. Furthermore, I never believed for one second that Orlando was actually considering a trade of Lopez + picks for Howard. That just sounds silly. Not trying to bash the Nets, but they dont have a good team. Neither do the Lakers right now, but If they get Dwight, they will become instant favorites with Kobe, Pau and Howard. The Nets will become a 4-6 seed in the East.

JerseysFinest
12-28-2011, 09:58 PM
If Nets win more than 10 games this season I'll be completely SHOCKED!

smh

ee
12-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Honestly from the Nets perspective this is their best hope. Dwight goes to FA along with Deron and the Nets have to pray that the Mavs cant find a taker for Marion contract at which point they would keep all their assets. They can trade Lopez for a wing. They keep their 2012 picks. Their own pick might be near the lottery or in it in a deep draft. The Rockets look like a playoff team so they will have that pick as well.

And Im sure this will be their pitch to d12... That since the trade didn't happen, they have all the assets that was supposed to go to magic still available for a third star.... Keeping them won't be too bad either but i dont think lopez would gel well with howard.....Anyways, this is the obvious, but you never know what goes on each of these players minds.....

NYman15
12-28-2011, 10:06 PM

This is the scenario I was thinking about. Although I don't think it's likely, lets say Dwight makes to FA and looks at all his options and we know D-Will has said he will opt out. If that happened, where would they go? NJ seems like the likely option, but what if Dallas trades Marion and clears enough cap room to sign 2 max players? Could the Mavs convince them to come to Dallas to play with Dirk instead of heading to Brooklyn? That would be very interesting.

I also want to say that if I were Dwight, I would find Brooklyn appealing along with a few other teams. However, I just want to point out that I've been hearing from everybody for years now that the Nets were a favorite/popular destination for many of the top free agents with Jay-Z and Prokorov and now Brooklyn, but still Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Boozer, and Melo among others have decided not to go there. I'm not trying to say Brooklyn isn't appealing because as a player I would find it appealing, but so far none of the top free agents have gone there.

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 10:15 PM
This is the scenario I was thinking about. Although I don't think it's likely, lets say Dwight makes to FA and looks at all his options and we know D-Will has said he will opt out. If that happened, where would they go? NJ seems like the likely option, but what if Dallas trades Marion and clears enough cap room to sign 2 max players? Could the Mavs convince them to come to Dallas to play with Dirk instead of heading to Brooklyn? That would be very interesting.

I also want to say that if I were Dwight, I would find Brooklyn appealing along with a few other teams. However, I just want to point out that I've been hearing from everybody for years now that the Nets were a favorite/popular destination for many of the top free agents with Jay-Z and Prokorov and now Brooklyn, but still Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Boozer, and Melo among others have decided not to go there. I'm not trying to say Brooklyn isn't appealing because as a player I would find it appealing, but so far none of the top free agents have gone there.

Lets not pretend like ANYONE had a shot at Lebron and Bosh. They were always gonna play with Wade. That much is obvious.

Amare wanted a ridiculous amount of money.

Boozer wanted the extra 5 mil from CHI

Melo would have gone to the Nets if the Knicks wouldnt have got him. Furthermore if the Nets had Amare, Melo would have made them his first choice prolly.

Stars attract stars. Dwight only wants the Nets cuz DWill is there.

benzni
12-28-2011, 10:17 PM

Spoken like a true moron

socalswag24
12-28-2011, 10:21 PM
meening: get good players or ima leave asap! truth hurts yoo

CousinsEvansDUO
12-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Trade him to kings for salmons,outlaw,garcia and thompson. 2nd round pick will seal the deal.

DLCK
12-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Nets fans truth hurts dont it?I know it shouldnt have been said.But obviously hes frustrated.He wants moves to be made so hes putting it in the FO court.

NYman15
12-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Lets not pretend like ANYONE had a shot at Lebron and Bosh. They were always gonna play with Wade. That much is obvious.

Amare wanted a ridiculous amount of money.

Boozer wanted the extra 5 mil from CHI

Melo would have gone to the Nets if the Knicks wouldnt have got him. Furthermore if the Nets had Amare, Melo would have made them his first choice prolly.

Stars attract stars. Dwight only wants the Nets cuz DWill is there.

Good points. But that was my main point. Stars attract stars. If D-Will wasn't there, Dwight probably wouldn't want Brooklyn just because of the owners and city. He wants to play with another star.

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Nets fans truth hurts dont it?I know it shouldnt have been said.But obviously hes frustrated.He wants moves to be made so hes putting it in the FO court.

What truth? That we need better players? Was that a secret to anyone? We lost the only guy we had to take the pressure off DWill.. Maybe now ppl will see how good Brook was. We are lost without him

NYsFinest
12-28-2011, 10:47 PM
What truth? That we need better players? Was that a secret to anyone? We lost the only guy we had to take the pressure off DWill.. Maybe now ppl will see how good Brook was. We are lost without him

you were lost with him too...

DLCK
12-28-2011, 10:52 PM

He forcing the Front Office to do something. Id be happy for his statements if I was a Nets fan.In so many words heres the translation .

"I love being here I love living here.But ultimitly winning is more important to me.Please do what you can now this season to help me help us win or ill walk."

Puts pressure on the organization I personally like it.

this

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 10:52 PM

Not as much as an idiot like you would think

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 10:56 PM
He forcing the Front Office to do something. Id be happy for his statements if I was a Nets fan.In so many words heres the translation .

"I love being here I love living here.But ultimitly winning is more important to me.Please do what you can now this season to help me help us win or ill walk."

Puts pressure on the organization I personally like it.

I like it too

And i disagree that the Nets were lost with Lopez. Anyone that doesnt watch the Nets (which i dont blame) shouldnt be commenting on their play. With Lopez at least they had a good pick and roll player with DWill which was a consistent offensive play. Lopez was a great scoring option and for a team that struggles to score his loss is huge.

Stop speaking out of ignorance. Your better than NYsFinest so dont quote him on his unfounded and ignorant comments

NYsFinest
12-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Not as much as an idiot like you would think

idiot?? that slow clumsy bum led the nets to a stellar 36-128 record the past 2 years. When you have so many losers on your team SOMEONE has to score 20... doesnt mean that guy is any good. Every team in the history of basketball has had at least one player average at least 17-18 ppg.... doesn't mean that they are all great and desirable players.

DLCK
12-28-2011, 11:05 PM
I like it too

And i disagree that the Nets were lost with Lopez. Anyone that doesnt watch the Nets (which i dont blame) shouldnt be commenting on their play. With Lopez at least they had a good pick and roll player with DWill which was a consistent offensive play. Lopez was a great scoring option and for a team that struggles to score his loss is huge.

Stop speaking out of ignorance. Your better than NYsFinest so dont quote him on his unfounded and ignorant comments

Its not really ignorance your right i cant see most Nets games on the west coast where i reside. But i believe since Williams was acquired they were a combined 7-18 i believe with both Lopez and Williams. Yes they are your most talented players but your team was far from contending. And if Lopez is the "2nd best C in the league" what difference will Howard make if you still have a make shift roster 3 thru 12.Maybe the ceiling would be a 6-8 playoff seeding but do you actually think with either Lopez or Howard do you honestly think this team is in good shape?

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Wow D-will needs to shut up and be a leader...we all know the Nets suck, he doesn't have to go to the media and say it!

netsgiantsyanks
12-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Trade him to kings for salmons,outlaw,garcia and thompson. 2nd round pick will seal the deal.

lol.

netsgiantsyanks
12-28-2011, 11:16 PM
idiot?? that slow clumsy bum led the nets to a stellar 36-128 record the past 2 years. When you have so many losers on your team SOMEONE has to score 20... doesnt mean that guy is any good. Every team in the history of basketball has had at least one player average at least 17-18 ppg.... doesn't mean that they are all great and desirable players.

have you ever watched a nets game besides when they were facing the knicks? i mean seriously, stop it. you sound dumb as **** especially from the viewpoint of a guy who's watched him play game in and game out.

plus: you think 1 person is going to lead a team to success? even deron williams can't do it.

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Its not really ignorance your right i cant see most Nets games on the west coast where i reside. But i believe since Williams was acquired they were a combined 7-18 i believe with both Lopez and Williams. Yes they are your most talented players but your team was far from contending. And if Lopez is the "2nd best C in the league" what difference will Howard make if you still have a make shift roster 3 thru 12.Maybe the ceiling would be a 6-8 playoff seeding but do you actually think with either Lopez or Howard do you honestly think this team is in good shape?

Like i said.. if you dont watch the games then you cant properly assess the situation. Williams was injured and Lopez was sickly. Lopez and Williams looked great together in preseason. Lopez was attacking the boards and playing motivated. Who are you to say that Lopez and Williams would have sucked? Lopez gets a bad rep and i am by no means his hugest fan. He is a legit scoring option for the Nets and Williams makes him better.

2nd best in the league? I never said that. I think he is about #6.

You are underestimating how good Dwight is and how much better Deron would make him. Deron+Dwight could beat any team in the league in any given night.

Either way my issue with you was your incorrect agreement with an fool who doesnt watch Nets games in his statement that the Nets would be lost on offense with Lopez in the lineup. Lopez gets buckets and Williams and he were looking like a formidable duo in the preseason and nobody here can predict that Lopez would not continue this thru the season.

Slimsim
12-28-2011, 11:17 PM
I Think Avery needs to let brooks play with more freedom. He can a potential second option in scoring but he seems to be on a tight leash under Avery Johnson

THE MTL
12-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Nets gotta get better somehow or really risk losing Deron Williams for nothing. While I am a Knicks fan, I also live in NJ so I feel a connection to the Nets.

They need Howard badly but Orlando isnt trading him till deadline....march now right? which is plenty of time for Brook to come back.

Deron is one of three starters on his team. Humphries-Morrow are the other two.

netsgiantsyanks
12-28-2011, 11:20 PM
yeah, the nets really do need to get better. that's a obvious one even though its true

NYsFinest
12-28-2011, 11:20 PM
have you ever watched a nets game besides when they were facing the knicks? i mean seriously, stop it. you sound dumb as **** especially from the viewpoint of a guy who's watched him play game in and game out.

I have watched a lot of Nets games... he is clumsy and takes a lot of awkward shots, doesn't rebound or defend, shrinks in big moments, has these mental lapses that always cost games, gets incredibly frustrated and pouts and sulks like a little girl. Definition of a perennial loser, I have watched him single handedly blow games by disappearing when it matters. Does not play like a center, not an intimidating presence in the paint. Nets would be a lot better off with a PF that plays like Lopez and a REAL center in the C position. Just because you are listed as a center, doesn't mean you contribute like one.

He also made a living at the free throw line by moving the ball side to side and once he gets hit going up for the shot (no longer considered a continuation)

Chill_Will_24
12-28-2011, 11:22 PM

Again your ignorance is too blatant. Do you know who Kiki Vandeweghe is? Lopez had to play an entire year with no coach and another while suffering thru trade rumors and the effects of Mononucleosis. Really dude.. get a clue. Did you not see him torching the Knicks in preseason and out rebounding your so talented front line? It was preseason but its not even about his stats. It was about his mentality and he was playing tough and motivated for once.

If he had been in the lineup vs the Hawks the game would have been much different. Maybe not a win but different.

DLCK
12-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Like i said.. if you dont watch the games then you cant properly assess the situation. Williams was injured and Lopez was sickly. Lopez and Williams looked great together in preseason. Lopez was attacking the boards and playing motivated. Who are you to say that Lopez and Williams would have sucked? Lopez gets a bad rep and i am by no means his hugest fan. He is a legit scoring option for the Nets and Williams makes him better.

2nd best in the league? I never said that. I think he is about #6.

You are underestimating how good Dwight is and how much better Deron would make him. Deron+Dwight could beat any team in the league in any given night.

Either way my issue with you was your incorrect agreement with an fool who doesnt watch Nets games in his statement that the Nets would be lost on offense with Lopez in the lineup. Lopez gets buckets and Williams and he were looking like a formidable duo in the preseason and nobody here can predict that Lopez would not continue this thru the season.

So you attack my alleged ignorance with ignorant assumptions? lol This isnt the watered down one star per team era. Look around you the dominant teams have 2-3 stars and great role players. This isnt the Deron/D12 will not be the next Shaq/Kobe and simply run thru teams. Teams are more athletic anf have complete teams.Im sorry even with arguably a top 3 PG and top C spots 3-12 are still dreadful.Based on your teams current position ofcourse the grass is greener on the otherside but lets not exaggerate lets be realistic.And i never said Lopez and Deron would suck please quote me when i said that.They would be great together. My whole argument as a team with either Howard or lopez or what ever that trade would bring you or if you stand pat. You will not win a Championship and I believe (another ignorant statement lol )your ceiling with either is a 2nd round playoff run because your team depth is horrible.

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 12:39 AM
I Think Avery needs to let brooks play with more freedom. He can a potential second option in scoring but he seems to be on a tight leash under Avery Johnson

I agree Slim but Brooks is a chucker and he played well against the ATL reserves. He still hasnt proven a thing imo. He can create his own shot but thats about it

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 12:43 AM
So you attack my alleged ignorance with ignorant assumptions? lol This isnt the watered down one star per team era. Look around you the dominant teams have 2-3 stars and great role players. This isnt the Deron/D12 will not be the next Shaq/Kobe and simply run thru teams. Teams are more athletic anf have complete teams.Im sorry even with arguably a top 3 PG and top C spots 3-12 are still dreadful.Based on your teams current position ofcourse the grass is greener on the otherside but lets not exaggerate lets be realistic.And i never said Lopez and Deron would suck please quote me when i said that.They would be great together. My whole argument as a team with either Howard or lopez or what ever that trade would bring you or if you stand pat. You will not win a Championship and I believe (another ignorant statement lol )your ceiling with either is a 2nd round playoff run because your team depth is horrible.

Your clearly merely glancing at posts instead of reading them.

One idiot says the Nets are just as lost with him as without him. To which you replied "this".. which tell me you agree with his statement. If you agre with such ignorance then how much better are you?

JerseysFinest
12-29-2011, 12:59 AM
I agree Slim but Brooks is a chucker and he played well against the ATL reserves. He still hasnt proven a thing imo. He can create his own shot but thats about it

the one thing they need....

Chill_Will_24
12-29-2011, 01:00 AM
the one thing they need....

Ok but just cuz he can create it doesnt mean he will sink it. He shot 5-12 against the ATL scrubs.. doesnt exactly scream starter to me

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 02:15 AM
Dirk and trash just won a chip lol (j/k)l. I think Dwight and Deron would be brutal in the East.

FlashMacker
12-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Dirk and trash just won a chip lol (j/k)l. I think Dwight and Deron would be brutal in the East.

yeah tyson chandler jj barera and jason terry is trash:confused: lol

Cal827
12-29-2011, 05:29 AM

:laugh: Get Rid of Outlaw and I'm sure they'll consider it.

shep33
12-29-2011, 05:38 AM

I think outlaw is the centerpiece here lol

Cal827
12-29-2011, 05:50 AM
I think outlaw is the centerpiece here lol

Outlaw? A centerpiece in a Trade?! :faint: Well, we are clearly heading for apocalypse of 2012 now. It's one of the things that was expected from the predictors of doom:

March 2011: Earthquakes across the Far East
August 2011: Storms across America/Ontario leading to Tornadoes.

December 2011: Travis Outlaw become a Center Piece in a trade.

June 2012: Pacers-Clippers meet in an epic clash between the semi-god 6-10 Paul George and De-Andre Jordan in the NBA finals, which triggers WW3 as Kim Jong Un is pissed that the Miami Heat fell before Paul George.

August 2012: Amid the chaos in the world, Kwame Brown signs a Max deal in Orlando. Proclaimed by Otis Smith the new Superman with smaller hands.

August 2012: Deron Williams and Dwight Howard say **** it to the money and sign Minimum level deals with the Denver Broncos to join Jesus.

October 2012: Earthquake separates Canada and the US exactly at the border.

December 2012: End Game.

...We better either all shoot ourselves now, or start rooting for Miami lol

UPRock
12-29-2011, 05:54 AM
Outlaw? A centerpiece in a Trade?! :faint: Well, we are clearly heading for apocalypse of 2012 now. It's one of the things that was expected from the predictors of doom:

June 2012: Pacers-Clippers meet in an epic clash between the semi-god 6-10 Paul George and De-Andre Jordan in the NBA finals, which triggers WW3 as Kim Jong Un is pissed that the Miami Heat fell before Paul George.

August 2012: Amid the chaos in the world, Kwame Brown signs a Max deal in Orlando. Proclaimed by Otis Smith the new Superman with smaller hands.

August 2012: Deron Williams and Dwight Howard say **** it to the money and sign Minimum level deals with the Denver Broncos to join Jesus.

...We better either all shot ourselves now, or start rooting for Miami lol

:laugh:

KnicksorBust
12-29-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't know what he's talking about. Humpries has a PER of 30.4 right now.

Chi City23
12-29-2011, 10:47 AM
I wish Deron would just man up, stop his crying and play basketball.

Greet
12-29-2011, 10:48 AM
I don't know what he's talking about. Humpries has a PER of 30.4 right now.

That's because Humphries is going to end up being the centerpiece in the DH12 trade.

oak2455
12-29-2011, 11:04 AM
That's because Humphries is going to end up being the centerpiece in the DH12 trade.

And Kimmie pooo too

Rockice_8
12-29-2011, 11:15 AM
If Dwight's main concern is winning then he'll sign with NJ in the off season. He won't be losing out on that much money about 7.6 mil over the 4 year contract he'll sign and NJ will have plenty of talent/picks left to add a team around him and D-Will. A team with D-Will/Lopez/Dwight is right up there with the top 3 in the east (NYK, CHI, MIA) and they could trade Lopez for a true PF or wing if the fit is not great.

I truly think he wants Brooklyn and as we all know he has all the leverage here especially since NJ can outright sign him. I really don't see him as a Melo type guy that is all about money. If he outright signs with NJ they would be in great position.

JayStar-8
12-29-2011, 12:15 PM
If Dwight signs with the Nets or Mavs, can he sign a four year deal with a player option on the 2nd year then opt out after the first season and sign a max deal like he would have in Orlando.

JayStar-8
12-29-2011, 12:17 PM

If Dwill was traded to the kings I'm sure it would be something like this:

Kings: Deron Williams, Johan Petro
Nets: Tyreke Evans, Demarcus Cousins, and a 1st

BlondeBomber41
12-30-2011, 08:07 PM
How would they get Dwight Howard? Brook Lopez isn't nearly enough, and they don't have anything else to put on the table with Lopez.

shep33
12-30-2011, 08:23 PM

:laugh: awesome stuff man

llemon
12-30-2011, 08:32 PM
How would they get Dwight Howard? Brook Lopez isn't nearly enough, and they don't have anything else to put on the table with Lopez.

Not saying Nets will get Dwight, but Nets can offer young talent, expiring contracts, taking on Hedo & Duhon, 4 1st rdrs., Lopez and capspace.

If Magic is looking to rebuild, Nets are the team to deal with.

If Magic is looking for 1st or 2nd rd exits in the playoffs for a few seasons, then face the prospect of rebuilding, they should look elsewhere.

Bulls can offer the best package, but then the Magic will be the Atlanta Hawks for a few seasons.

Lake_Show2416
12-30-2011, 08:36 PM
.......meaning get me Dwight Howard or I'm goin to Dallas lol

Chronz
12-30-2011, 10:20 PM

I know its hard to accept, but the league isn't comprised of stars and scrubs.

SportsAndrew25
12-30-2011, 10:31 PM
The Nets gave up all of their pieces so they could get this guy. I find it ironic how he is complaining about the lack of pieces.

SportsAndrew25
12-30-2011, 10:36 PM

...We better either all shoot ourselves now, or start rooting for Miami lol:laugh: :laugh: Post of the thread.

DLCK
12-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Your clearly merely glancing at posts instead of reading them.

One idiot says the Nets are just as lost with him as without him. To which you replied "this".. which tell me you agree with his statement. If you agre with such ignorance then how much better are you?

Nope read it all. It isnt ignorance. Just a difference of opinion.

FlashMacker
12-31-2011, 01:06 AM

Thats why the lakers isnt happening. Orlando would trade him to mia if they offered lebron but they wont. But yeah Lakers isn't happening, he'd never hear the end of the shaq comparisons. both leaving orl for the lakers

if he really wants to create his own legacy, he's either gonna stay in orlando or go to the brooklyn nets

Dade County
12-31-2011, 01:20 AM

Very creative :clap:

Lindystud36
12-31-2011, 01:42 AM
Plenty of talent all ready for new jersey
If and when Dwight signs as a free agent in Jersey
The nets will trade brook for another starter

Would the sixers trade igouladala for Lopez, pacers trade granger for Lopez, Minnesota trade Beasley and players

Lindystud36
12-31-2011, 01:50 AM

Would the sixers trade igouladala for Lopez, pacers trade granger for Lopez, Minnesota trade Beasley and players

boolish
12-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Thats why the lakers isnt happening. Orlando would trade him to mia if they offered lebron but they wont. But yeah Lakers isn't happening, he'd never hear the end of the shaq comparisons. both leaving orl for the lakers

if he really wants to create his own legacy, he's either gonna stay in orlando or go to the brooklyn nets

players don't think that way. here's how they think.

Lakers--->>Malibu---->babes---->mansion---->lamborghini. shaq? lol.

Chill_Will_24
12-31-2011, 02:49 PM

Sixers would do a Lopez-Iggy swap in a heartbeat. Thorn drafted him so he would love to get him. Question is would ORL like Iggy.. doubt it