PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Vs Washington tonight...

NYRFan76
12-28-2011, 02:33 PM
We're on a roll! If we defeat Washington tonight we'll tie Chicago for 1st place over all with 50 points and sit 3 points ahead of Boston in the Eastern Conference.

I don't care what kind of controversy HBO's 24/7 is stirring up, its helping the team focus on winning. I haven't seen the team's confidence this high in a long time.

I have a feeling with the trade deadline coming, there could be a possibility of moving Dubinksy and maybe Avery since there is tension between the Coach and Avery? Its obvious this is why Avery keeps getting scratched. I disagree with the coaches tactics regarding Avery. I believe Avery is over all a better player than Christensen. I'd like to see the addition of Semin because I hear rumors the Caps need to clear some salary space.

S.S-77
12-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Dubi,avery,2nd rounder for semin or to much

Garden Faithful
12-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Dubi,avery,2nd rounder for semin or to much

A bag of pucks would be too much for Semin.

S.S-77
12-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Haha true man he has talent but seems like money got to him

lvlheaded
12-28-2011, 09:30 PM
With Anaheim still being terrible, I wonder if we can get our hands on Perry or Ryan before the deadline. One more big time scorer and I think this team is ready to win it all

Dubbs
12-29-2011, 10:41 AM
that was not a pretty game, the rangers looked slow all the way through the lineup. Also, I feel like replacing erixon with woywitka (which i just noticed they returned him to hartford) is a mistake. erixon looked pretty good, and last night woywitka looked a step slower then anyone else on the rangers (so two steps slower then the caps for those keeping count).

Semin terrifies me. We'd have to give up a prospect with a lot of upside to get him and we'd be getting back another enigma like Wolski/zherdev. Semin has more talent then those guys, but is just as likely to be a non-factor in a game. Caps wouldn't take Avery. Honestly I'm not sure any team would even at his discounted salary. I like having him on the bench (I still think he should play) but he's good to have as when he comes in after a long period sitting he usually gets some pretty good energy going. I'd rather try to move christensen or wolski, and a pick. but again, caps wouldn't want either of them anyway.

NYY09
12-29-2011, 12:17 PM
With Anaheim still being terrible, I wonder if we can get our hands on Perry or Ryan before the deadline. One more big time scorer and I think this team is ready to win it all

I doubt they trade either of them and with Krieder, Miller, McIlrath, Bourque, and Thomas in the system I dont see a need for a trade like that.

Keep in mind where we are cap-wise and we have to sign McDonagh, not to mention MDZ and Sauer shortly, all of which are going to ask, and get raises.

Just dont see how, or why really (scoring hasnt been much of an issue this year) considering the style of hockey we play.

that was not a pretty game, the rangers looked slow all the way through the lineup. Also, I feel like replacing erixon with woywitka (which i just noticed they returned him to hartford) is a mistake. erixon looked pretty good, and last night woywitka looked a step slower then anyone else on the rangers (so two steps slower then the caps for those keeping count).

Semin terrifies me. We'd have to give up a prospect with a lot of upside to get him and we'd be getting back another enigma like Wolski/zherdev. Semin has more talent then those guys, but is just as likely to be a non-factor in a game. Caps wouldn't take Avery. Honestly I'm not sure any team would even at his discounted salary. I like having him on the bench (I still think he should play) but he's good to have as when he comes in after a long period sitting he usually gets some pretty good energy going. I'd rather try to move christensen or wolski, and a pick. but again, caps wouldn't want either of them anyway.

IMHO there is no way in hell we trade for someone like Semin so I wouldnt worry about it too much. Actually our biggest trade of the year will be internal, trading Woywitka and Bickel/Stralman for Staal and Sauer.

And I agree, last nights game should just be put in the rear-view and forgotten about, these kinds of games will happen. Overall you cant be anything but excited about the team, 4, 5, 6 game winning streaks, consistently, dont happen to middle of the pack teams.

NYRFan76
12-29-2011, 01:49 PM
I agree, the game play by the Rangers "especially" at the blue line was horrible.
Granted we only took 2 penalties, but we had no fight in our guys. The only line that produced was our 4th line. I also think Biron had an off night. You could tell because every time he handled the puck, he slipped up a few times. If Lundqvist was in net we might have had a better shot. At least it would have been 1 -1 going into over time and maybe got 1 point out of the game with Henrik in net.

Regarding any trades, I read that the Ducks took Ryan off the trading block. I have been reading about the Capitals salary cap space problems and they are going to have to do something. But ever since Dale Hunter took over as head coach they have been doing better. I'd like to see Semin in a Ranger uniform but not sure if the Caps will unload him. Especially for an unproducing Dubinksy.

But if you notice the trend in players like Dubinksy that the Rangers always speak highly on, we end up trading if they don't live up to expectations. I definitely see him going to another team if his game play does not get any better.

I have one more complaint!? Seriously... what the hell has Brad Richards offered us so far? I haven't seen him do squat? They talk about his leadership but its been all Gabby and Callahan this year. Richards isn't impressing me. I'm leading to believe it was all hype.

C-Rod
12-29-2011, 02:17 PM
:(Three mistakes....and in the net they go.....Boyle not clearing the puck...Richards with the turn-over at the blue-line and Del Zotto coming over to help Richards and leaving Semin all alone....We beat ourselves tonight... No "biggie"...I hope "Dubi" is gaining some confidence.....we will need him to chip in some goals as the season moves on..........Lets start another 5-6 game winning streak......

NYR_NYJ
12-29-2011, 02:32 PM
They palyed crappy last night but its nice to see Dubi scoring again. Just a bump in the road.

metswon69
12-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Can't win them all but yeah hopefully this will help Dubi get some confidence putting the puck in the net.

And it's a moot point because if we see them again in the playoffs (if they get there), they won't see Biron again.

bsi
12-30-2011, 12:28 AM
Dubi is gettin better by the game, but that's the only positive from that game, it's the holidays it was bound to happen. They'll regroup.

jetsfan89
12-30-2011, 03:52 AM
The one game we outshoot them we lose, irony lol since that's been the critics biggest argument.

Vokoun didn't play amazing, he let up a ton of rebounds and we just didn't get to them. Can't give guys like Semin space on defense either, too talented. Hopefully its just an off night and we can regroup for Florida.

metswon69
12-30-2011, 01:34 PM
The one game we outshoot them we lose, irony lol since that's been the critics biggest argument.

Vokoun didn't play amazing, he let up a ton of rebounds and we just didn't get to them. Can't give guys like Semin space on defense either, too talented. Hopefully its just an off night and we can regroup for Florida.

Hate to :horse:, but i think it just shows we need another goal scorer.

Especially considering they've been relying on the young guys like Hagelin and Stepan to do so much.

fingerbang
12-30-2011, 02:00 PM
0-5 on the power play against Washington. 2 for 26 over the last eight games. 21st in the league for the season. The ****in Islanders have a better power play than us. They need a different approach for the tonight's game. We're pissing away goals.

metswon69
12-30-2011, 02:38 PM
0-5 on the power play against Washington. 2 for 26 over the last eight games. 21st in the league for the season. The ****in Islanders have a better power play than us. They need a different approach for the tonight's game. We're pissing away goals.

Especially after they brought in Richards to help with the powerplay, i wonder if there are any point defenders who could help on the powerplay out there like Mccabe was supposed to be last year.

fingerbang
12-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Especially after they brought in Richards to help with the powerplay, i wonder if there are any point defenders who could help on the powerplay out there like Mccabe was supposed to be last year.

Don't think it has much to do with the point. Thought that last year but now they have Richards and it really hasn't gotten better. I can't blame the players. They either don't practice it enough or it's the scheme. I don't have the answer but someone on the staff needs to change it up. Is Sullivan in complete control of the unit?