PDA

View Full Version : Should LAL Sign Agent Zero?

JasonJohnHorn
12-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Everybody and their dog knows that LA wants Howard. Everybody knows that Howard can pretty much dictate where he is going by agreeing or refusing to sign an extention, and everybody knows that Howard and Gilbert are friends, so that being said, should the Lakers sign Agent Zero with the hopes of convincing Howard to refuse to sign an extension with any other trade partner? The Lakers have a hole at the PG position, so any added depth would be of help, and Arenas has still got some game, and even without Howard I think Gilbert would make LA better. Would the friendship between Gilbert and Howard make or break a deal? Is Arenas just waiting to see who ends up with Howard? Or does none of this matter?

Thoughts?

Wes_Craven
12-28-2011, 12:30 PM
No one cares, bruh....

Raidaz4Life
12-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Eh.... I wish we would just to get Fisher out of the starting lineup but I doubt that will happen even if we do sign Arenas so the answer would be.... no

rhymeratic
12-28-2011, 12:47 PM
The fact that both Gilbert Arenas and Nate Robinson are both unwanted by teams in the NBA speaks volumes of what their games are at this point. It's kinda sad honestly but yeah you can't be a cancer around teammates. If you got a grating personality... it's a wrap.

Nate Robinson
Gilbert Arenas
Gerald Green

Those 3 are guys who should be playing in the league but have been too stupid to behave in the NBA and thus are out of the NBA because of it. You know who else is gonna be joining them soon...

Anthony Randolph
JR Smith - I Don't consider him out just yet because of China
Aaron Brooks - another undersized chucker
DeMarcus Cousins

sep11ie
12-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Who gives a **** forum?

BKLYNpigeon
12-28-2011, 12:59 PM
who cares. these guys suck and have nothing to offer a team at this point.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-28-2011, 01:00 PM
nobody wants that bum

ManRam
12-28-2011, 01:02 PM
If they try him out and he looks healthier than last year, and can actually jump without being afraid to do so...then it's worth a sign for them. He couldn't be worse than Fish, could he? He's still got some upside, again, if he truly is in as good of shape and as good of health as he suggests he is.

Either way, it's not going to change much. Dwight already has LAL on his list of teams, and I don't think Gil, despite them being friends, is going to make them the only team he wants to play on.

king4day
12-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Arenas won't be the reason Dwight picks one location over the other. He'd be going to a team with aging stars.
If I'm the Lakers, if Orlando says they want Bynum and Pau, I give them what they want. You can then build around Howard and Kobe will still be good enough to get it done for a few years. This would help part of LA's aging problem.

Then try to sign West in a couple years when he's a Free Agent or Kevin Love if he doesn't sign and ext with Minny.

FriedTofuz
12-28-2011, 01:50 PM
I rather give nate robinson a chance, we need some fresher speedy leggs lol

GREATNESS ONE
12-28-2011, 02:00 PM
please No. Arenas can still be useful but definitely wouldn't want him on the roster, though watching Fisher is a nightmare at times.

Mr_Amaziing
12-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Would be Niice to see Nate in L.A

lavilevi23
12-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Lakers should sign Arenas to a non-guaranteed contract since they desperately need bench scoring...

beliges
12-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Given the fact that the Lakers have no bench and a weak roster, I dont think Arenas will hurt too much coming off the bench. Why not? If the price is right, the Lakers would go for it. But, they got something bigger in the works.

Cano-Montero...
12-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Arenas won't be the reason Dwight picks one location over the other. He'd be going to a team with aging stars.
If I'm the Lakers, if Orlando says they want Bynum and Pau, I give them what they want. You can then build around Howard and Kobe will still be good enough to get it done for a few years. This would help part of LA's aging problem.

Then try to sign West in a couple years when he's a Free Agent or Kevin Love if he doesn't sign and ext with Minny.

Hell no.. Howard and KObe with no bench aint going nowhere... They can have all they want except pau and KObe... Our cap is in perfect situation to surround Dwight with the players he want if indeed we get him... Kobe and Pau has 2 more years left after this season and after that no one is in the books... SO we have 3 season to try out Kobe-Pau-Dwight if indeed we land if...If not then we go sign a FA to pair with Dwight after 3 years..

Oh btw love will be a RFA next season..Wolves will probably sign him to a multi yr deal..

--23--
12-28-2011, 07:07 PM
What happen to the Lakers rookie PG Morris?

Bruno
12-28-2011, 07:10 PM
it would really depend on what kind of shape he's in, if he'd sign for dirt cheap, and if he'd keep his ego and antics in check. I wouldn't be cool with it unless the coaches were impressed by his physical condition and if he had a state of the union sit down with Bryant and Fisher as to how things are done here in LA.

Bruno
12-28-2011, 07:12 PM

i dont think hes gotten minutes since the pre-season.

ArmLaker
12-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Agent Zero is only 29 years old. He isn't old by any means even though knee injuries have slowed him down a bit but I don't see how his game can completely disappear in a year's span. I guarantee you if this man is given a chance in LA he will make the most of it. I wouldn't be surprised if he came off the bench in some games and goes off for 20-30. I believe he still has a few years of solid play left in the tank and considering out PG position, wtf have we got to lose honestly? lol

Cano-Montero...
12-28-2011, 07:33 PM

Old man fisher and puke walton getting undeserved minutes...:facepalm:

numba1CHANGsta
12-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Hell no.. Howard and KObe with no bench aint going nowhere... They can have all they want except pau and KObe... Our cap is in perfect situation to surround Dwight with the players he want if indeed we get him... Kobe and Pau has 2 more years left after this season and after that no one is in the books... SO we have 3 season to try out Kobe-Pau-Dwight if indeed we land if...If not then we go sign a FA to pair with Dwight after 3 years..

Oh btw love will be a RFA next season..Wolves will probably sign him to a multi yr deal..

Do you not remember the Kobe/Shaq 3peat? it was those two with a bunch of role players which is what the Lakers would have and would be good enough to win under Mike Brown's defensive system

FlashMacker
12-29-2011, 05:21 AM
who cares. these guys suck and have nothing to offer a team at this point.

i doubt jerry stackhouse has anything left but the hawks signed him lol

Hellcrooner
12-29-2011, 05:39 AM
NO.

There is already a touches feud between Kobe, Gasol and Bynum.

No need tomake the problem worse.

The Final Boss
12-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Eh.... I wish we would just to get Fisher out of the starting lineup but I doubt that will happen even if we do sign Arenas so the answer would be.... no

We? You're from Texas, brother.

Law25
12-29-2011, 07:59 AM
NO.

There is already a touches feud between Kobe, Gasol and Bynum.

No need tomake the problem worse.

No truth to this. Kobe rewards players who play agressive and show results. Example: Pau gets pushed out of position against Cousins or any Sac big the other night and dosent looks to score when he has the ball so Kobe shoots 24 shots about 4 or 5 forced. Than against Utah Pau decides enough is enough and makes Jefferson and Millsap his biatchs and plays up to his potential and Kobe shoots 17 times. Pau and Bynum dictats Kobe's fga's. Everyone knows Kobe has that hero complex. All they have to do is take away his need to be one.

But as far as Arenas goes, his scoring is nice but his defence will determin if he's healthy to the Lakers and if he is i say grab him quick. If Goudelock has the green light to shoot as it seems, then Agent 0 will get his shots

bringbackfredex
12-29-2011, 08:41 AM

Sorry but I have to laugh. Who are Lebron, Wade, and Bosh playing with right now? 2-3 stars and fillers are all that you need to win in this league.

Look at the Sixers right now, they're one of the deepest teams in basketball and they'll be lucky to even get out of the 1st round of the playoffs this year.

kobebabe
12-29-2011, 09:24 AM
I am not so high on him and there is clearly a reason he is unwanted at this point. I would say sign him since he might be low risk high reward and play him only if he proves he can still play.
But then again we have MWP......these 2 hardcores combined would be like adding diesel to the fuel....

SportsAndrew25
12-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Sorry, no one wants a cancer in their locker room.

Alayla
12-29-2011, 11:15 AM
yeah add allen iverson to that list should be playing but his attitude has turned people off accutly i just posted a thread about it

JasonJohnHorn
12-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Do you not remember the Kobe/Shaq 3peat? it was those two with a bunch of role players which is what the Lakers would have and would be good enough to win under Mike Brown's defensive system

Howard < Shaq

Howard + Kobe < Shaq + Kobe

You cant expect the same success as kobe and shaq from howard and kobe. Lets be honest, Howard STILL CANNOT PASS out of the double team, which Shaq could, and Howard does not have the foot work to be dominant offensively. Howard gets most of his point from offensive rebounds and defence break down. His drop-the-shoulder-and-spear-the-defender move is an offensive foul (though he gets away with it a lot). Aging Kobe + Howard < Shaq + Kobe.

Hellcrooner
12-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Howard < Shaq

Howard + Kobe < Shaq + Kobe

You cant expect the same success as kobe and shaq from howard and kobe. Lets be honest, Howard STILL CANNOT PASS out of the double team, which Shaq could, and Howard does not have the foot work to be dominant offensively. Howard gets most of his point from offensive rebounds and defence break down. His drop-the-shoulder-and-spear-the-defender move is an offensive foul (though he gets away with it a lot). Aging Kobe + Howard < Shaq + Kobe.

Thats why its a MUST to only ship them Bynum in the trade, adn then KEEP gasol, or trade him for a VERY GOOD PG and solid replacemente PF.

GREATNESS ONE
12-29-2011, 12:59 PM
We? You're from Texas, brother.

hahaha do you wake up practicing being and *** lol your comments always have me rolling:laugh:

C-Wick925
12-29-2011, 01:00 PM
If they try him out and he looks healthier than last year, and can actually jump without being afraid to do so...then it's worth a sign for them. He couldn't be worse than Fish, could he? He's still got some upside, again, if he truly is in as good of shape and as good of health as he suggests he is.

Either way, it's not going to change much. Dwight already has LAL on his list of teams, and I don't think Gil, despite them being friends, is going to make them the only team he wants to play on.

dude your damn sig kills me..

beliges
12-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Thats why its a MUST to only ship them Bynum in the trade, adn then KEEP gasol, or trade him for a VERY GOOD PG and solid replacemente PF.

Theres not a chance Lakers send Bynum AND Pau for Dwight. This will never ever happen. Lakers said it wont happen but people still continue to suggest Lakers will give them both up. Bynum+fillers/picks is as good a deal Orlando will get for Dwight.

Jay
12-29-2011, 02:50 PM
This guy's knees are in Brandon Roy territory. He has no lift on his outside jump shot anymore. I don't understand why anyone would want him; it's not like he offers much else from the point position.

smith&wesson
12-29-2011, 03:13 PM
YA the lakers need a sharp shooter = )

smith&wesson
12-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Theres not a chance Lakers send Bynum AND Pau for Dwight. This will never ever happen. Lakers said it wont happen but people still continue to suggest Lakers will give them both up. Bynum+fillers/picks is as good a deal Orlando will get for Dwight.

the magic arent dumb enough to bite on a deal with an injury prone C half as good as the one they would be giving up. also what picks do the lakers have ?

VillaMaravilla
12-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I know one team that should.........the damn Knicks

Tony_Starks
12-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Gilbert Arenas right now, sitting at home on the couch with a gimpy knee, is still better than Fisher or Blake so I say get him. He can't finish at the hole anymore but he can still get in the paint to create shots, get to the line, and still has the occasional hot spurt of 10 or so points. I promise you that Fish/Blake will not score more than 6 straight points all year and will NEVER have a double digit assist game this season.

People love throwing around the overused and overrated "he's a cancer" routine but other than the gun incident with a teammate who has since been accused of murder his teammates seemed to get along with him pretty well. Health is his only issue, but at a minimum deal its low risk high reward......

RLundi
12-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Why not? They've got nothing to lose. They don't look like contenders this season, though it's still very early...