PDA

View Full Version : Magic want veterans for Howard..want to stay competitive

spreadeagle
12-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Right now, the Dwight Howard soap opera is on hiatus.

The Magic have stopped all trade talk and are focusing on this season and convincing Howard to stay in Orlando. I’m pretty sure opening day did not help their cause. In the least.

Eventually Orlando is going to have to trade Howard. His demand is still on the table and he is not likely to re-sign there — they have to get something for him. But that something is not young players because the Magic are not looking to strip down and rebuild just yet, reports Marc Stein at ESPN.com.

Sources familiar with Orlando’s thinking say that a picture of what the Magic will ultimately expect in return for their anchor has indeed begun to emerge, telling ESPN.com this week that Orlando would not hold out for youth and draft picks as the league-owned New Orleans Hornets were ordered to do in the Chris Paul sweepstakes. The Magic, sources say, would instead prefer to bring back multiple established veterans who can keep the team competitive.

Reason being: Orlando has moved into a new arena last season and has an 85-year-old owner in Rich De Vos. Sources say De Vos has little interest in starting over/rebuilding, as evidenced by the recent decisions to trade for Glen “Big Baby” Davis and re-sign Jason Richardson even though Howard’s future is so murky.

The Magic will not get equal value in trading Howard away. You never do when you trade a superstar. But to demand veterans so you can be competitive means the Magic are likely headed for mediocrity — the dangerous NBA middle ground. Teams that are good enough to make the playoffs but not be contenders; teams that are not bad enough to go up in the draft and get a superstar that way. They get stuck in that middle with no easy way out.

The one deal that seemed closest to happening was a three team trade where the Magic got Brook Lopez from the Nets and Gerald Wallace out of Portland, with Howard going to New Jersey. That is what I’m taking about — the Magic would be good, a playoff team, but nowhere near the Heat or Bulls. Or even the Knicks.

I like better what Utah did, what New Orleans did trading their stars. They got good young players and picks that jump-start the rebuilding process.

But that may not be Orlando’s plan. It’s something to watch for. This trade may be different than most superstar trades.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/28/report-magic-want-veterans-not-to-rebuild-after-howard/

hugepatsfan
12-28-2011, 10:43 AM
More proof that Ptis Smith is a terrible GM. You don't trade Dwight for vets. No one you get for him will make you legitimately competitive. It's best for the franchise to go and get young players/picks that can aid in the rebuilding process.

oak2455
12-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Lakers looking good... Bynum and Pau....sounds good to me

spreadeagle
12-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Lakers looking good... Bynum and Pau....sounds good to me

lol ya they said they wouldnt do that package but wondering if they are starting to change there mind..Laker fans seem pretty Pissed off lately with front office

Gram
12-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Ben Gordon and Charlie V should do the trick if they're looking for vets. ;)

spreadeagle
Wonder who Portland would have got in that 3 way deal?

DR_1
^ Not gonna happen (Lakers trading Bynum AND Pau)

Cosmic_Canon
12-28-2011, 10:53 AM
More proof that Ptis Smith is a terrible GM. You don't trade Dwight for vets. No one you get for him will make you legitimately competitive. It's best for the franchise to go and get young players/picks that can aid in the rebuilding process.

What this man said.

thenetslegend
12-28-2011, 10:54 AM
if lakers are only dealing bynum they need a 3rd team involved

DR_1
12-28-2011, 10:55 AM

It's not Smith, it's the owner, at least that's what the article said, correct?

spreadeagle
12-28-2011, 10:58 AM

Makes sense the dude is 85 he literally does not have time to rebuild lol

Celticsfan2007
12-28-2011, 10:59 AM
KG and Ray Allen. Here you go Orlando!

hugepatsfan
12-28-2011, 11:01 AM

Correct. My bad. Not going to lie, I have a habit of not always reading articles in opening posts of threads. So if you make a thread make sure your caption is good!!! lol :p

All joking aside, I don't understand the owner/GM/whoever's reasoning. As an owner, why would you want to be paying top dollar on a team that is never going to be anything more than a bottom seed that gets embarrassed in the first round? That's what they would be if the deal Dwight for vets w/ long term deals. But hey, of he wants to waste his money, then that's on him. Sure it brings you a little playoof revenue, but you could just go young and rebuild and then the money you save on salaries makes up for the playoff revenue.

hugepatsfan

Boom

spreadeagle

Thats actually a good idea

ldawg
12-28-2011, 11:02 AM
This is silly Miami, Dallas and Boston did it and Won a ring each. How many rookie teams won titles? Just to name a few teams that traded their stars or let them walk for potential draft pics that stuck in mediocrity. Blazers, Kings, Mini, Cavs, Raptors, Suns. This writer has no idea what he is talking about. IMO to many teams settle for draft pics rather than putting a team on the floor. Then they get mad when their team suck for many years. they develop a loosing culture and no one wants to play for them.
You want to tell me draft pics is better than a front court of Bynum and BigBaby, than playing the draft? Mini draft Darko, Mj drafted K brown, Blazers drafted Oden. La Drafted Morris, Bynum and Gasol in the second round. High draft pick guarantee you nothing. Then you got to hear all the competitive balance BS.

"The Magic will not get equal value in trading Howard away. You never do when you trade a superstar. But to demand veterans so you can be competitive means the Magic are likely headed for mediocrity — the dangerous NBA middle ground. Teams that are good enough to make the playoffs but not be contenders; teams that are not bad enough to go up in the draft and get a superstar that way. They get stuck in that middle with no easy way out."

MagicBucsSox
12-28-2011, 11:13 AM
If u get a local star talent in Austin rivers that arena will sellout. If u bring in players who can do crossovers+dunks etc ppl will come watch. Not this nonsense Hoosier basketball Orlando plays

JDMVP
12-28-2011, 11:17 AM
They don't really have a choice they are way OVER the cap they got BIG BABY a new contract, got JRICH for another 4 years, some people are still locked up might as well stay competitive be the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs in the next few years.

C-Wick925
12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Ben Gordon and Charlie V should do the trick if they're looking for vets. ;)

throw in maxiell

Celticsfan2007
12-28-2011, 11:29 AM

I'd do it, even if it was only for a 1year D12 rental. Probably have a better chance to win with a lineup of:

Rondo/Dooling
Pierce/Bradley
Pietrus/Daniels
Bass/JJohnson
Howard/Wilcox

29$JerZ
12-28-2011, 11:39 AM
GM needs to go. Competitive is the worst thing for a franchice losing Dwight Howard.

If that's the case he'll be a Bull

Heediot
12-28-2011, 11:43 AM

Typical of most posters in here, read the article instead of the thread title only.

BullsFTW
12-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Deng or Boozer + Noah + Multiple 1st Round Picks for Dwight should seal the deal

oak2455
12-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Deng or Boozer + Noah + Multiple 1st Round Picks for Dwight should seal the deal

I think that works, NOOOOO Boozer though:D P.S if traded to anywhere besides Jersey(Brooklyn) could really hurt them:eyebrow:

thephoenixson28
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Anyone they want besides Nash, and Grant hill. Try to convince Howard by signing another Max contract like Love,Westbrook,Williams or whoever he wants.

nycericanguy
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Chandler & Amare:hide:

sb123
12-28-2011, 12:00 PM
If u get a local star talent in Austin rivers that arena will sellout. If u bring in players who can do crossovers+dunks etc ppl will come watch. Not this nonsense Hoosier basketball Orlando plays

Then why not sign the Harlem Globetrotters?

... but seriously, that sounds like something the empty headed fans of Orlando would pack the Arena for.

JDMVP
12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
If this is indeed true then the LAKERS are in great shape. They could basically let Orlando Choose PAU or BYNUM?
With PAU u get Proven ALL STAR who can consistently avg 20 and 10 and has had experience carrying the load of the Franchise.
With BYNUM u get a young guy who can play the post and be dominant.

nickdymez
12-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Anyone they want besides Nash, and Grant hill. Try to convince Howard by signing another Max contract like Love,Westbrook,Williams or whoever he wants.

lol.. You wouldn't trade nash and Grant Hill For Dwight Howard????

J4KOP99
12-28-2011, 12:14 PM

for the celtics

Tmath
12-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Bargnani & Barbosa

ManRam
12-28-2011, 12:15 PM

It sounds like the owner is the one pushing for this...

Tmath
12-28-2011, 12:17 PM
In all serious.

Thunder should trade Westbrook & Perkins for Dwight.

thephoenixson28
lol.. You wouldn't trade nash and Grant Hill For Dwight Howard????Of course I would. I just want them to win a ring with Phoenix

Southsideheat
I've said that they probably want to stay competitive because of the new building since the beginning yet i got laughed at. How many times do people have to be fooled, its ALWAYS about the money.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm as against this as one possibly could be. I've always loved RDV, but his age might be interfering for once.

I've always been against a Chicago trade because I feel whatever package they give us, especially if they give us 2 or 3 of Deng, Boozer and Noah, that we'd be constricted financially and stuck around the 6 seed for the next 3-4 years with no ability to really bring in any good youth.

I'd rather trade Dwight for just Noah then get more of their expensive and older talent back too (Deng and Boozer).

The only thing "competitive" means if you trade Dwight is "slightly above average"...and I don't want that.

oak2455
12-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Chandler & Amare:hide:

sounds good:D

Southsideheat
12-28-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm as against this as one possibly could be. I've always loved RDV, but his age might be interfering for once.

I've always been against a Chicago trade because I feel whatever package they give us, especially if they give us 2 or 3 of Deng, Boozer and Noah, that we'd be constricted financially and stuck around the 6 seed for the next 3-4 years with no ability to really bring in any good youth.

I'd rather trade Dwight for just Noah then get more of their expensive and older talent back too (Deng and Boozer).

The only thing "competitive" means if you trade Dwight is "slightly above average"...and I don't want that.

You can't have a brand new state of the art building with 5 thousand people in it. The old man is not dumb. If you lose dwight and get young with draft picks, you're in Bobcat territory hoping to land a superstar through the draft at some point in the future. Might as well get talent for Dwight now, and rebuild later.

thephoenixson28
12-28-2011, 12:23 PM
For all you laker fans not wanting to trade bynum and Gasol for Dwight is crazy. I actually think Orlando would still be getting raped. Injury prone bynum, and a old Gasol for top 3 player in the NBA. **** give me that deal I would pull that trigger in a heart beat.

rhymeratic
12-28-2011, 12:24 PM
sounds good:D

B4 we got Chandler... I kept pushing for the Knicks to trade Amare for Dwight Howard. Now looking at the situation no way unless it's Tyson Chandler for Dwight. Otherwise, Knicks front court best in league regardless of who's in the middle so goodluck Orlando trying to get anything of value for him.

They're BEST OF BEST BETS is to somehow convince Utah/Minnesota into joining a 3 or 4 team trade that gets them something they could use like a real PG or SG and unload one of their young bigs to Orlando to facilitate Howard going to a team he wants to go to.

In fact thinking about it now, just editing real quick...

Orlando
Houston
Minnesota
Utah
Sacramento

These 4 teams need to start talking to each other because each have something the other needs/is overloaded with... Some combination of those teams should be able to work out a deal. I would THINK Dwight wouldn't mind playing for one of those teams...

thephoenixson28
12-28-2011, 12:25 PM
I would rather have that Amare and Chandler deal better than the bynum and Gasol deal

JasonJohnHorn
The Lakers still have the best options for the Magic. Wrap up Howard and Turk's bad contract, ship them to LA and get back Bynum, Walton (nearing the end of his contract) and Artest along with three first rounders. That would give Orlando a big guy, a wing defender, an expiring contract, draft picks to build with and dumps a bad contract. I don't know what they are waiting for. Orlando needs to pull the trigger on a deal with th Lakers while the season is young.

hugepatsfan
It sounds like the owner is the one pushing for this...

Yeah I'e been corrected on that.

Still, Otis is an incompetent GM IMO. I don't like what he's done in ORL. The NBA today isn't about piling up MLE types - it's about saving cap to sign stars. He hasn't seemed capable of adjusting to the new way of doing things in the NBA IMO.

nycericanguy
12-28-2011, 12:26 PM
B4 we got Chandler... I kept pushing for the Knicks to trade Amare for Dwight Howard. Now looking at the situation no way unless it's Tyson Chandler for Dwight. Otherwise, Knicks front court best in league regardless of who's in the middle so goodluck Orlando trying to get anything of value for him.

They're BEST OF BEST BETS is to somehow convince Utah/Minnesota into joining a 3 or 4 team trade that gets them something they could use like a real PG or SG and unload one of their young bigs to Orlando to facilitate Howard going to a team he wants to go to.

sorry but i would do Chandler & Amare in a heartbeat for DH.

Howard is a franchise changing player who plays on both ends with no injury history. Him & Melo would have at least a 7 year window. Howard alone should dominate for another 10 years.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 12:29 PM
You can't have a brand new state of the art building with 5 thousand people in it. The old man is not dumb. If you lose dwight and get young with draft picks, you're in Bobcat territory hoping to land a superstar through the draft at some point in the future. Might as well get talent for Dwight now, and rebuild later.

I don't care.

RDV has been a great owner. He's never shied away from soaring into the luxury tax, he's always said to not worry about money, and he's very involved. But this is a HUGE point in his franchise's life. This is a turning point that we haven't seen since Shaq. If we handle it poorly, we'll see the repercussions for years.

I'd rather have a beautiful stadium half capacity every night then make a bad trade that screws our franchise's future...

The draft picks these teams can offer aren't going to be valuable. The Nets and Bulls both have 1st round picks from other teams, but they're both protected. If we trade him to either of those two teams, or LA, their picks of their own aren't going to be worth a damn.

Rebuild now. What's the point in waiting? The stadium will be there, and it will still be great, 3-5 years from now. Waiting to rebuild is just stupid.

sb123
12-28-2011, 12:30 PM
If this is indeed true then the LAKERS are in great shape. They could basically let Orlando Choose PAU or BYNUM?
With PAU u get Proven ALL STAR who can consistently avg 20 and 10 and has had experience carrying the load of the Franchise.
With BYNUM u get a young guy who can play the post and be dominant.

Bynum?

This man love is beyond a joke. Bynum is a joke.

He does not belong in the NBA he belongs in a ALF.

He is a British Sport Car. Looks pretty, drives like crap and is always in the garage.

sep11ie
12-28-2011, 12:30 PM
The more and more I watch Dwight, the less I am impressed with him. Him being easily the best center in the league right now shows just how watered down the position is these days.

oak2455
12-28-2011, 12:31 PM
sorry but i would do Chandler & Amare in a heartbeat for DH.

Howard is a franchise changing player who plays on both ends with no injury history. Him & Melo would have at least a 7 year window. Howard alone should dominate for another 10 years.

do you think the Knicks would even entertain that?

nycericanguy
12-28-2011, 12:32 PM
The more and more I watch Dwight, the less I am impressed with him. Him being easily the best center in the league right now shows just how watered down the position is these days.

he doesnt seem motivated or happy right now, but he;s a 23, 14 & 3 guy when he is.

sb123
12-28-2011, 12:32 PM
I would rather have that Amare and Chandler deal better than the bynum and Gasol deal

Amar' Chandler Richardson Jameer takes you into the playoffs for years to come.

sb123
12-28-2011, 12:33 PM

Be crazy not to.

Nash would be here in a heart beat for a run.

nycericanguy

i would hope so. They would have basically turned Amare & Billups into Howard.

howard is a once in a generation center & player

ManRam
Yeah I'e been corrected on that.

Still, Otis is an incompetent GM IMO. I don't like what he's done in ORL. The NBA today isn't about piling up MLE types - it's about saving cap to sign stars. He hasn't seemed capable of adjusting to the new way of doing things in the NBA IMO.

The teams that save cap and get stars all had to suck for a while to do that. The difference between us and the Knicks, Nets, Clippers or even Celtics years back is that we were a competitive team and wanted to stay competitive. Sure, we need another superstar, but we're actually a competitive team as is. We spent money to win whereas those teams were all were subtracting money without regard of success. Not everything worked out for us, but we don't make the Finals, two ECFs and the playoffs for years and years in a row now if we weren't funneling money into the team. This has been the most successful stretch in franchise history...and again, we don't achieve that focusing on a FA period 2-4 years away every off season.

Now we're at the end of that, and the contracts are coming back to bite us, but we were pushing to win, not sacrifice 3-4 seasons just to hope to get a big name FA. It's the consequences a team faces when trying to compete in a small market.

sep11ie
12-28-2011, 12:36 PM
he doesnt seem motivated or happy right now, but he;s a 23, 14 & 3 guy when he is.

18/13/2 for his career. My point is this, since there is "no competition" for him at center his number should be down right dominant. What kind of number do you think a prime Shaq would put up right now?

JDsportsfan
12-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Who could trade more vets to Orlando than the Mavs? Plus, Dwight really wants to play for the Mavs, and have an owner like Cuban. It's just a matter of time.

nycericanguy
12-28-2011, 12:39 PM
18/13/2 for his career. My point is this, since there is "no competition" for him at center his number should be down right dominant. What kind of number do you think a prime Shaq would put up right now?

those career numbers are skewed since he was very raw early in his career coming in out of HS, the past few years he;s been at over 20ppg, over 13rpg and over 2bpg. He is now entering his prime and should get better.

oak2455
12-28-2011, 12:42 PM
i would hope so. They would have basically turned Amare & Billups into Howard.

howard is a once in a generation center & player

so how long before we can trade Chandler??

hugepatsfan
12-28-2011, 12:43 PM
The teams that save cap and get stars all had to suck for a while to do that. The difference between us and the Knicks, Nets, Clippers or even Celtics years back is that we were a competitive team and wanted to stay competitive. Sure, we need another superstar, but we're actually a competitive team as is. We spent money to win whereas those teams were all were subtracting money without regard of success. Not everything worked out for us, but we don't make the Finals, two ECFs and the playoffs for years and years in a row now if we weren't funneling money into the team. This has been the most successful stretch in franchise history...and again, we don't achieve that focusing on a FA period 2-4 years away every off season.

Now we're at the end of that, and the contracts are coming back to bite us, but we were pushing to win, not sacrifice 3-4 seasons just to hope to get a big name FA. It's the consequences a team faces when trying to compete in a small market.

Most of the bad moves came between last offseason and now IMO. Duhon was a poor signing IMO. Q-Rich is a nice player, but not a 3 year deal type. The Baby deal is horrible for a rebuilding team, and so is the J-Rich deal. And I still can't figure out why they took on all that extra money in the Rashard Lewis/VC trade. They should have let Vince expire and then kept Rashard over Hedo (he expires a year before Hedo).

ORL has made a series of horrible moves over the last year + IMO.

nycericanguy
12-28-2011, 12:44 PM
so how long before we can trade Chandler??

I believe 30 days, but I could be wrong.

sep11ie
12-28-2011, 12:45 PM
I think it's much longer than that.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Idiots. Why?

I see the Bulls offering Noah and Deng for Howard and Turk.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Most of the bad moves came between last offseason and now IMO. Duhon was a poor signing IMO. Q-Rich is a nice player, but not a 3 year deal type. The Baby deal is horrible for a rebuilding team, and so is the J-Rich deal. And I still can't figure out why they took on all that extra money in the Rashard Lewis/VC trade. They should have let Vince expire and then kept Rashard over Hedo (he expires a year before Hedo).

ORL has made a series of horrible moves over the last year + IMO.

Well, Duhon and Q aren't getting paid more than the average backup...and probably less than most. Duhon is useless, but whatever...his 3.5 million a year isn't crippling us.

Baby was an iffy deal, but it's a player Dwight wanted, it's only a little over a million more than Bass makes, and it makes sense now that we know RDV wants to remaind competitive.

The J-Rich deal was bad...especially if we're rebuilding. Again, with RDV's desires coming out, it's clear that maybe he's pulling Otis' strings here.

I won't disagree with the J-Rich one, or even Duhon...but those aren't the huge contracts that are killing us...and those huge contracts we acquired to remain competitive...something those other teams that now have stars didn't have to worry about doing...

Shmontaine
12-28-2011, 01:03 PM
choices now are:

Mavs
Lakers

bulls

BullsFTW
12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
choices now are:

Mavs
Lakers

bulls

Howard changes his mind every often. I believe the Bulls have the best package and Dwight will realize that going to Chicago gives him the best shot at immortality. Orlando has 2 months to trade Dwight and the Bulls have the best package. So the possibility is always there.

Shmontaine
12-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Howard changes his mind every often. I believe the Bulls have the best package and Dwight will realize that going to Chicago gives him the best shot at immortality. Orlando has 2 months to trade Dwight and the Bulls have the best package. So the possibility is always there.

while i agree with you... d12 has said he won't resign in chicgao, so that makes things very tricky...

BullsFTW
12-28-2011, 01:24 PM
while i agree with you... d12 has said he won't resign in chicgao, so that makes things very tricky...

He just said the 4 teams he will signed with, but he never mentioned ruling out any team.

Greet
12-28-2011, 01:29 PM
He just said the 4 teams he will signed with, but he never mentioned ruling out any team.

He said that he'll only sign an extension with the preferred teams. I don't know how much truth that statement holds but If I'm a GM of a competing team (Bulls) and I'm not on that list, I'm going to be hesitant about bringing in a guy that's going to cost a shitload for a one year rental.

Cal827
12-28-2011, 01:34 PM
**** Dwight Howard. But Orlando would be really stupid to bring back veterans for him. They need to rebuild, not be Miami/Chicago's doormat for the next 4 years.

reffahead
12-28-2011, 01:35 PM
The Hawks can beat Deng and Noah with Joe Johnson and Horford. Adding an unprotected 2013 pick is cherry on top.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 01:36 PM
**** Dwight Howard. But Orlando would be really stupid to bring back veterans for him. They need to rebuild, not be Miami/Chicago's doormat for the next 4 years.

We will. I really hope the other members of ownership and the front office can talk RDV out of this. I get an 85 year-old owner wanting to win ASAP, but he can't jeopardize the future any more. If Dwight goes, it has to result in some sort of rebuilding...period.

This same kind of thing happened in Washington with Abe Pollin who didn't want to watch a losing team play late in his life. His unwillingness to rebuild really set that franchise back a half-decade...and RDV could be setting the Magic up for a similar future.

jmoney85
12-28-2011, 01:41 PM
i love how every dwight howard thread we have every fan of every team putting a proposal for their respective teams..... his choices are nets mavs lakers.... deal with it

Celticsfan2007
12-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Celtics/Magic trade: kthxbai!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cfqzuq9

D1JM
12-28-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't care.

RDV has been a great owner. He's never shied away from soaring into the luxury tax, he's always said to not worry about money, and he's very involved. But this is a HUGE point in his franchise's life. This is a turning point that we haven't seen since Shaq. If we handle it poorly, we'll see the repercussions for years.

I'd rather have a beautiful stadium half capacity every night then make a bad trade that screws our franchise's future...

The draft picks these teams can offer aren't going to be valuable. The Nets and Bulls both have 1st round picks from other teams, but they're both protected. If we trade him to either of those two teams, or LA, their picks of their own aren't going to be worth a damn.

Rebuild now. What's the point in waiting? The stadium will be there, and it will still be great, 3-5 years from now. Waiting to rebuild is just stupid.

Other team have been rebuilding for years with no success. I've been saying it for awhile that the owner doesn't want to go in rebuild mode because he is old and has a billion dollar stadium. From a fan perspective I get what you are saying, but if you were the owner you don't want a stadium half full

Hustla23
12-28-2011, 01:45 PM
I was gonna say Otis Smith is in the running for worst G.M. of all time, but apparently it's because of their fossilized owner.

Well, Bynum and Gasol would be that deal you're looking for....

D1JM
12-28-2011, 01:46 PM
choices now are:

Mavs
Lakers

bulls

He is not coming to the bulls.

reffahead
Those are choices being put out there. There is no telling what he will do when the times come. Some teams are willing to take the chance.

Gasol and Bynum combine for 35 million a year. You gotta reup Bynum which will be a headache.

spreadeagle
i love how every dwight howard thread we have every fan of every team putting a proposal for their respective teams..... his choices are nets mavs lakers.... deal with it

I was just thinking that lol psd has thousands of wanna be GM's...we all think we can do it:D

Shmontaine
12-28-2011, 01:47 PM
The Hawks can beat Deng and Noah with Joe Johnson and Horford. Adding an unprotected 2013 pick is cherry on top.

yeah that's a better better package for sure...

2011-12 2012-13 2013-14 2014-15 2015-16
jj $18,038,573 $19,752,646 $21,466,719 $23,180,792 $24,894,865

ah $12,000,000 $12,000,000 $12,000,000 $12,000,000 $12,000,000
Hawks $30,038,573 $31,752,646 $33,466,719 $35,180,792 $36,894,865

ld $12,325,000 $13,365,000 $14,275,000

jn $12,000,000 $11,300,000 $11,100,000 $12,200,000 $13,400,000
Bulls $24,325,000 $24,665,000 $25,375,000 $12,200,000 $13,400,000

it's also a commitment that 67 million dollars more than the bulls package... the magic said they want to stay competitive, and not sure how much more competitive that hawks package is over the bulls... 67 million more competitive??? IDK

D1JM
12-28-2011, 01:47 PM
I was gonna say Otis Smith is in the running for worst G.M. of all time, but apparently it's because of their fossilized owner.

Well, Bynum and Gasol would be that deal you're looking for....

Lakers aren't dealing both. As the deadline gets near the lakers won't offer both of them

Greet
12-28-2011, 01:48 PM
We will. I really hope the other members of ownership and the front office can talk RDV out of this. I get an 85 year-old owner wanting to win ASAP, but he can't jeopardize the future any more. If Dwight goes, it has to result in some sort of rebuilding...period.

This same kind of thing happened in Washington with Abe Pollin who didn't want to watch a losing team play late in his life. His unwillingness to rebuild really set that franchise back a half-decade...and RDV could be setting the Magic up for a similar future.

I thought the deal would be done when the Blazers came in. I think that was the perfect deal, it wasn't rebuilding 100% but it was good for the Magic. Lopez + GForce + 2 Firsts, that's a good amount of ready talent and 2 firsts in a deep draft to help rebuild. I think the Magic backing out of that was dumb.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Celtics/Magic trade: kthxbai!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cfqzuq9

We'd basically be better off just letting him walk...the only thing that makes that worthwhile is getting rid of Hedo. Otherwise, all we're getting are 3 fossilized soon-to-be free agents.

D1JM
12-28-2011, 01:51 PM
The only way I see the bulls getting involved is

A. Gambling on Howard and hoping they can convince him of resigning.

B. clearing cap space and hoping some of Rose friends take qualifying offers and then go to the bulls after.

FriedTofuz
12-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Pau and bynum would honestly be overpaying for howard.. Pau and metta world peace for howard :)

reffahead
12-28-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't think the Bulls blow up the roster for one season of Dwight no matter how much in lust your fans are with Rose. The Hawks on the other hand may just do it just because.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 01:57 PM
I thought the deal would be done when the Blazers came in. I think that was the perfect deal, it wasn't rebuilding 100% but it was good for the Magic. Lopez + GForce + 2 Firsts, that's a good amount of ready talent and 2 firsts in a deep draft to help rebuild. I think the Magic backing out of that was dumb.

Most Magic fans didn't like that at all...

I don't think it was dumb to back out of it, because it wasn't the type of deal that just knocks your socks off. Better to be patient than to not be

Badluck33
12-28-2011, 01:58 PM
The only way I see the bulls getting involved is

A. Gambling on Howard and hoping they can convince him of resigning.

B. clearing cap space and hoping some of Rose friends take qualifying offers and then go to the bulls after.

Bulls get Howard if Howard changes his mind about coming to Chicago as a 1st option. I've recently heard that Chicago and one other team are his 4th and 5th choice. Until Lakers, Mavs and Nets are completely OUT of picture then Chicago has no chance.

oak2455
12-28-2011, 01:59 PM

actually seems pretty smart now, bc Lopez is hurt.... Who knows how thats gonna go...Big men recovering from foot issues are usually a problem

Shmontaine
12-28-2011, 01:59 PM
I don't think the Bulls blow up the roster for one season of Dwight no matter how much in lust your fans are with Rose. The Hawks on the other hand may just do it just because.

not sure what the love for rose has to do with obtaining d12??? but whatever...

the hawks may make an offer, but not sure if they would be able to entice the magic with that jj contract... i think they may have had enough of the albatrosses on their payroll... he's more productive than hedo, but contract-to-production wise, they may be pretty similar...

oak2455
12-28-2011, 02:00 PM

I don't think it was dumb to back out of it, because it wasn't the type of deal that just knocks your socks off. Better to be patient than to not be

agreed and btw your sig is gross:D after all the **** I ate this past week:eyebrow:

GREATNESS ONE
12-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Pau and bynum would honestly be overpaying for howard.. Pau and metta world peace for howard :)

:eyebrow: LOL then who would play PF????

Greet
12-28-2011, 02:05 PM

You might end up getting nothing, which is even worse. How are you going to feel when you lose Dwight and then you're stuck with Hedo as well....Probably saying "Damn we should have taken Lopez, GForce and 2(or was it 4?) firsts"

I think the Magic NEED to rebuild.

oak2455
12-28-2011, 02:08 PM
You might end up getting nothing, which is even worse. How are you going to feel when you lose Dwight and then you're stuck with Hedo as well....Probably saying "Damn we should have taken Lopez, GForce and 2(or was it 4?) firsts"

did the Hornets settle?? so whats different in trading one if not the better players in the NBA?? They will get a better package than what the Nets were offering and if they dont.... well then they screwed up.....

ManRam
12-28-2011, 02:12 PM

We do need to rebuild. It's just that Gerald Wallace isn't rebuilding.

There's months and months of time. There's no reason to rush this. If the FO wants something, they'll get something eventually...

Lakerfrk
12-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Lakers need to get into the discussion with Portland, so that they don't need to give Pau to Houston..

Orlando gets: Bynum, Wallace, 1st (Portland), 1st (Dallas via Lakers)
Los Angeles gets: Howard, Turkoglu
Portland gets: Los Angeles TPE, 1st (Lakers),

isn't that all Portland was getting in the deal before?

Greet
12-28-2011, 02:19 PM
did the Hornets settle?? so whats different in trading one if not the better players in the NBA?? They will get a better package than what the Nets were offering and if they dont.... well then they screwed up.....

The Hornets got a complete overpay from the Clippers after Stern voided a trade before that.

There's months and months of time. There's no reason to rush this. If the FO wants something, they'll get something eventually...

The FO wants veterans that will bring them a title, they wont get that. You aren't going to trade Dwight and become a better team in the same day, which is what they want.

Greet
12-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Lakers need to get into the discussion with Portland, so that they don't need to give Pau to Houston..

Why would the Magic take that over the Nets deal?

shep33
I feel bad for Otis. If Orlando trades him to Chicago or Atlanta for thos big contracts, they are going to like a 7th seed out east, which is the worst possible position you could be in.

The biggest problem is that it won't be easy flipping guys like Joe Johnson, Boozer, or Noah, because most other teams do not want those contracts back.

Essentially the Magic are gonna have to live with those guys for the next 4-6 years.

97NYer
Lakers need Dwight they're looking horrible but they said they wouldn't trade Bynum and Pau. I say safest bet is Bynum and picks for Howardl

ZHawk1123
12-28-2011, 02:22 PM
The Thunder should be all over this IMO.

Harden
Perkins
Collison
Maynor

for

Howard
Von Wafer or Earl Clark

Magic get a nice young scorer in Harden, a solid C in perk, good backup in Collison and another good backup in Maynor

Magic:

PG: Jameer Nelson/Eric Maynor/Chris Duhon
SG: James Harden/Jason Richardson/JJ Redick
SF: Hedo Turkoglu/Quentin Richardson
PF: Ryan Anderson/Nick Collison
C: Kendrick Perkins/Glen Davis

Thunder:

PG: Russell Westbrook/Royal Ivey
SG: Thabo Sefolosha/Daequan Cook/Von Wafer
SF: Kevin Durant/Earl Clark
PF: Serge Ibaka/Cole Aldrich
C: Dwight Howard/Nazr Mohammed

That's an iffy bench for the Thunder but that could be fixed with a couple FA signings. That's a pretty scary sqaud if you ask me. Also a decent haul for the Magic with a mix of young talent and veteran help.

sep11ie
12-28-2011, 02:23 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=681343

ElFuturoDeESPN
12-28-2011, 02:26 PM

**** no. For one, there's no chance in hell Portland would help the Lakers land land D12. Get the **** outta here with that.

Secondly, not a snowball's chance in hell we give up Gerald for peanuts on the dollar, especially not after he's proven himself to be one of, if not our most solid defender and has turned into quite the scorer the last couple seasons (as evidence by his 20+ point performances the first two games of the season).

Oh.. AND you want us to give up our first?! Surely you jest, sir. GTFO here with that crap.

reffahead
12-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Make no mistake Orlando will never get equal value for Dwight. They are not currently contenders with him and finding a trade that will "make them contenders" is impossible.

People can quote the OKC way but how is Orlando going to get picks #2, #3, and #4 in consecutive years. From 07 - 10, the Thunder have owned 15 picks. This is the perfect year to tank but having a decent team will rob them of a top 15 pick.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 02:33 PM
The FO wants veterans that will bring them a title, they wont get that. You aren't going to trade Dwight and become a better team in the same day, which is what they want.

Well, no ****. That's why I'm frightful of these "developments".

If RDV thinks he can bring in a group of guys that will make us more competitive than we are now, or that all it will take is a year or even two to get to a championship level...well...he might be old and senile then.

You don't trade a Dwight Howard and stay as competitive. You just don't.

J4KOP99
12-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I still refuse to believe that orlando will trade Dwight in-conference, let alone to a contender... They will have to rebuild no matter what, if they lose Dwight. Do they really want to **** themselves over even more by trading Dwight to another Eastern Conference team?

RiLoc
12-28-2011, 02:35 PM
DeVos doesn't have any basketball sense if he has no interest in rebuilding.

Currently the Magic aren't a contender, but with Howard they always have the possibility of making an acquisition that propels them into the conversation. If you replace him with competent vets, you're not raising your chances of a championship. Instead the Magic will be a non-contending playoff team, a team that is not bad enough to have a chance at snagging a potential superstar in the draft and not good enough to contend for a championship. In my opinion, that's worse than letting him walk.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 02:36 PM
I feel bad for Otis. If Orlando trades him to Chicago or Atlanta for thos big contracts, they are going to like a 7th seed out east, which is the worst possible position you could be in.

The biggest problem is that it won't be easy flipping guys like Joe Johnson, Boozer, or Noah, because most other teams do not want those contracts back.

Essentially the Magic are gonna have to live with those guys for the next 4-6 years.

That's why I've maintained for months now that a Chicago package is the worst thing we can do. If we get Boozer, Noah and/or Deng back, we'll have a lot of money tied up in sub All-star caliber players, with no high draft picks and no room to bring in help in free agency. A trade to Chicago literally keeps us at the 6-8 seed for 4-5 years...and that's the WORST thing we can do.

Greet
12-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Well, no ****. That's why I'm frightful of these "developments".

If RDV thinks he can bring in a group of guys that will make us more competitive than we are now, or that all it will take is a year or even two to get to a championship level...well...he might be old and senile then.

You don't trade a Dwight Howard and stay as competitive. You just don't.

Which is why the Nets offer is the best so far. You get pieces that can contend and are young enough to rebuild around.

shep33
12-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Which is why the Nets offer is the best so far. You get pieces that can contend and are young enough to rebuild around.

How does Brook Lopez keep them in contention? Realistically there is no such deal for the Magic to keep them in contention

Greet
12-28-2011, 02:47 PM
How does Brook Lopez keep them in contention? Realistically there is no such deal for the Magic to keep them in contention

20 ppg scorer matched with an elite wing defender and someone who is finding his offensive niche. Along with a bunch of firsts.

Jameer
x
GForce
Anderson
Lopez

That's not that bad of a line-up. I'd imagine the Nets would be able to throw in another player like Brooks (Who B.K. compared to Allen Iverson) or Hump.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 02:50 PM

And I've never said that you weren't right about that...

Brook won't keep us in contention this year, and honestly, I'm 100% OK with that. But, he has the upside to be a top 5 center in the NBA (probably was for a short window of time already), and he's not someone I find impossible to root for (yes, I'm talking about you Bynum).

A third or fourth team has to get involved again, and hopefully we find a better rebuilding piece than Wallace.

Wallace just does nothing for me. Basically, he makes us better than I want to be right away, and doesn't help us enough to become better when we need to be better (3-4 years down the road). He doesn't help the future enough, and helps the present too much. If we move Dwight, I want youth, picks and I'd much rather finish in the lottery than finish with the 8th seed.

But I get that RDV doesn't want to struggle at all any time soon, even if it means a brighter future. And that's the problem...and that's why I hate this "development".

lakersiznumber1
12-28-2011, 02:59 PM
lakers is the best team for him 2 go but the longer the lakers take the more likely he will end up with another team. Lakers need 2 move fast dont wait 2 the trade deadline if they do he wont be a laker

RIPSweetness34
12-28-2011, 03:16 PM
GM needs to go. Competitive is the worst thing for a franchice losing Dwight Howard.

If that's the case he'll be a Bull

This is exactly what Bulls fans have been waiting to hear. But if Howard wont sign an extension than what is the point?

JOSKOMANG4
12-28-2011, 03:45 PM
I saw that the Hawks made a play for D12 as well; offering Joe Johnson & Josh Smith.

If I were ATL, I would replace Josh Smith with Al Horford!

Hawks acquire C D12, SG Reddick & F Hedu Turk from Magic in exchanged for C Al Horford, SG J.Johnson, & G Hinrich!

Hawks lineup:

C- Howard/Zacha/J.Collins
PF- Josh Smith/Hedu/I.Johnson
SF- M.Williams/Rad/SY
SG- McGrady/Reddick/W.Green
PG- Teague/Pargo/Sloan

Magic Lineup:

C- Horford/Orton
PF- Baby/Anderson/Harper
SF- Q/Clark
SG- J.Johnson/J.Rich/Liggins
PG- Nelson/Duhon/Wafer

lvlheaded
12-28-2011, 04:17 PM
I think a trade with Chicago makes the most sense than for them. Noah-Deng-Future First round picks

Nelson-Richardson-Deng-Davis-Noah

They can build a team this way

nycericanguy
12-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Nelson, J-Rich, Fields, Amare, Chandler

Not a bad team if they want to stay competitive

lakerboy
12-28-2011, 06:03 PM
I don't care.

So you'll just settle for the 7th seed?

numba1CHANGsta
12-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Three-way trade

Magic get Bynum/Martin/Dragic/picks
Lakers get D12/Scola/Hedo
Rockets get Pau

shep33
12-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Essentially, LA has exactly what they want. Gasol + Bynum, they also have Ebanks and 2 first rounders. I still don't see them giving that up though

ManRam
12-28-2011, 06:07 PM
So you'll just settle for the 7th seed?

What do you mean?

Sportfan

ManRam
Essentially, LA has exactly what they want. Gasol + Bynum, they also have Ebanks and 2 first rounders. I still don't see them giving that up though

I'd really only want Pau if we flipped him for younger pieces. I really want full-blown rebuilding...

shep33
12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Three-way trade

Rockets get Pau

This is essentially the best outcome, financially it isn't as much of a burden for Orlando either. Plus they essentially get 2 guaranteed first rounders from LA, plus I'm guessing another pick from the Rockets.

Sportfan
12-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Orlando trades
Dwight/G. Davis/Redick
Orlando gets
Russel Westbrook/Ray/Aldrich/Perkins/1st from Boston and OKC

Boston gives
Rondo/Ray/Clips pick/JO
Boston Gets
James Harden/Serge Ibaka/Eric Maynor

OKC gives
Harden/Ibaka/Perkins/Aldrich/Westbrook/Maynor/first
OKC gets:
Dwight/Rondo/JO/Redick/Davis
:nod:

Greet
12-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Three-way trade

Rockets get Pau

I doubt they can afford that. Also, no way Lakers get Scola.

Kia Kaha
12-28-2011, 06:13 PM
I dont understand why the magic would rather veterans back and be a consistent first round exit team..if i was them i would trade howard as soon as possible for youth, develop them up and get a solid pick in this good draft.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 06:14 PM
I dont understand why the magic would rather veterans back and be a consistent first round exit team..if i was them i would trade howard as soon as possible for youth, develop them up and get a solid pick in this good draft.

Read the OP...

The owner is old, and wants to win...doesn't want to rebuild. Basically, he's being selfish.

DR_1
12-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Bulls get Howard if Howard changes his mind about coming to Chicago as a 1st option. I've recently heard that Chicago and one other team are his 4th and 5th choice. Until Lakers, Mavs and Nets are completely OUT of picture then Chicago has no chance.

Do you have a link? Where did you hear it?

Kia Kaha
12-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Read the OP...

The owner is old, and wants to win...doesn't want to rebuild. Basically, he's being selfish.

So jeopardizing his teams future is less important than trying to build a winner..you are right, very selfish indeed.

I really hope dwight can somewhat save the magic and make them trade him to a team where they can get some nice young pieces back and really rebuild...

Raph12
12-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Orlando trades
Dwight/G. Davis/Redick
Orlando gets
Russel Westbrook/Ray/Aldrich/Perkins/1st from Boston and OKC

Boston gives
Rondo/Ray/Clips pick/JO
Boston Gets
James Harden/Serge Ibaka/Eric Maynor

OKC gives
Harden/Ibaka/Perkins/Aldrich/Westbrook/Maynor/first
OKC gets:
Dwight/Rondo/JO/Redick/Davis
:nod:

You're asking the Thunder to get rid of their 4 main rotation guys around Durant (WB, Harden, Ibaka and Perkins), considering that they're the favs to come out of the West, that would be a very stupid move on their part.

king2218
12-28-2011, 06:32 PM
In all serious.

Thunder should trade Westbrook & Perkins for Dwight.

I think this would be a great trade for both teams...And if OKC wants, we can throw in Jameer or J-Rich in the deal too...& ORL should try to get Ibaka in the deal as well.

Sportfan
12-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Rondo-Sefelosha-Durant-Davis-Dwight with J Rich/Collison off the bench is better than anything else out there

Raph12
12-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Rondo-Sefelosha-Durant-Davis-Dwight with J Rich/Collison off the bench is better than anything else out there

Doesn't matter, the Thunder are the heavy favs to come out of the West and Durant is a heavy fav for MVP... Why would they want to mess with that?

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 06:48 PM
noah & boozer for howard & hedo OR bynum & gasol for howard and hedo

beliges
12-28-2011, 06:51 PM

Noah and Boozer will not be good enough to get a deal done and Lakers will not be so dumb to offer both Gasol and Bynum as they have publicly stated. I think Bynum+fillers/picks will get this thing done and then the story will become where D Will will be traded.

king2218
12-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Trade Scenario:

ORL gets Ibaka, Westbrook, Devin Ebanks, Bynum, Nazr Mohammed both LA 1st rd picks.

LAL gets Howard, Turk, Big Baby.

OKC gets Gasol, Duhon.

ORL would do b/c they would get basically their starting lineup with that team. I say, they take a risk on Bynum, if he works out great...if not we'll have 3 1st rd picks to fill the center position next draft while having a good (hopefully great) line up in the future:

ORL LINEUP:
Westbrook/Nelson
J-Rich/Reddick
Ebanks/Q-Rich
Ibaka/Anderson
Bynum/Mohammed/Orton

OKC would be helped by this because they get a great low post scorer in Gasol & have a frontline of Durant/Gasol/Perkins. Its almost 100% that westbrook will leave when his contract is up to go to his own team instead of being in the shadow of durant. That frontline can lead OKC to a championship. And OKC can put Harden in the lineup to play the 'point guard' role.

LAL would do this trade b/c of obviously Howard...and they get to a PF with big baby...and can amnesty Turk's contract after this season & go after Deron Williams.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 07:01 PM

Are you asking which is better...because it's obviously LA's deal.

I don't think just Noah and Boozer would pique the Magic's interest at all.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Trade Scenario:

ORL gets Ibaka, Westbrook, Devin Ebanks, Bynum, Nazr Mohammed both LA 1st rd picks.

OKC gets Gasol, Duhon.

ORL would do b/c they would get basically their starting lineup with that team. I say, they take a risk on Bynum, if he works out great...if not we'll have 3 1st rd picks to fill the center position next draft while having a good (hopefully great) line up in the future:

ORL LINEUP:
Westbrook/Nelson
J-Rich/Reddick
Ebanks/Q-Rich
Ibaka/Anderson
Bynum/Mohammed/Orton

OKC would be helped by this because they get a great low post scorer in Gasol & have a frontline of Durant/Gasol/Perkins. Its almost 100% that westbrook will leave when his contract is up to go to his own team instead of being in the shadow of durant. That frontline can lead OKC to a championship. And OKC can put Harden in the lineup to play the 'point guard' role.

LAL would do this trade b/c of obviously Howard...and they get to a PF with big baby...and can amnesty Turk's contract after this season & go after Deron Williams.

As stated before by Raph, in a trade where OKC was getting even more than they are here, there is NO WAY WHATSOEVER that OKC would ever entertain that deal...not in a million years.

Hustla23
12-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Read the OP...

Well, it is HIS team. He's obviously going to do what's in his best interest.

Dade County
12-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Now that I know the owner is not in rebuilding mode... !

Theirs no better trade then BOSH & fillers... lol

The Owner of the magic wants his team to be the new Toronto Raptors, but a little better....... thats ok with me.

if you think I don't make sense, what about the owner of the magic... don't hate on me, point your comments towards the Owner of the magic.

king2218
12-28-2011, 07:11 PM
As stated before by Raph, in a trade where OKC was getting even more than they are here, there is NO WAY WHATSOEVER that OKC would ever entertain that deal...not in a million years.

Why wouldn't they? We saw last year that a Durant-Westbrook combination can't lead them to a championship...they are missing a low post scorer & would get that with Gasol.

Raph12
12-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Why wouldn't they? We saw last year that a Durant-Westbrook combination can't lead them to a championship...they are missing a low post scorer & would get that with Gasol.

With the Mavs and Lakers getting worse, who's standing in OKC's way to the Finals?... The Grizz and that's about it, why would they, or any team for that matter, want to help the Lakers?

MickeyMgl
12-28-2011, 07:18 PM
This is silly Miami, Dallas and Boston did it and Won a ring each. How many rookie teams won titles? Just to name a few teams that traded their stars or let them walk for potential draft pics that stuck in mediocrity. Blazers, Kings, Mini, Cavs, Raptors, Suns. This writer has no idea what he is talking about. IMO to many teams settle for draft pics rather than putting a team on the floor. Then they get mad when their team suck for many years. they develop a loosing culture and no one wants to play for them.
You want to tell me draft pics is better than a front court of Bynum and BigBaby, than playing the draft? Mini draft Darko, Mj drafted K brown, Blazers drafted Oden. La Drafted Morris, Bynum and Gasol in the second round. High draft pick guarantee you nothing. Then you got to hear all the competitive balance BS.

This is why what the NBA got from the Clippers in exchange for Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups - although a younger package than what they got from LA and Houston for Chris Paul alone - was not actually better. Who knows how those guys will pan out?

beliges
12-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Trade Scenario:

OKC gets Gasol, Duhon.

ORL LINEUP:
Westbrook/Nelson
J-Rich/Reddick
Ebanks/Q-Rich
Ibaka/Anderson
Bynum/Mohammed/Orton

Again, there is ZERO chance Lakers give up both Pau and Bynum. Not only does it not make sense for the Lakers, but the Lakers have publicly stated they will not offer, nor have they ever offered Bynum and Pau for Dwight. I dont understand why people still put them in their ridiculous trade posts. Bynum+Pau for Dwight has a 0% possibility of happening.

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Noah and Boozer will not be good enough to get a deal done and Lakers will not be so dumb to offer both Gasol and Bynum as they have publicly stated. I think Bynum+fillers/picks will get this thing done and then the story will become where D Will will be traded.

the lakers will do what they have to when it comes down to it. as it is they have a very slim chance of making the finals. if they get serious about winning another ship i can see them pulling the trigger and sending gasol and bynam to magic for howard and hedo if they dont do that they will lose out on howard and he will go somewhere else. my guess is that howard will be in a lakers jersey by next season though. imo.

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Now that I know the owner is not in rebuilding mode... !

Theirs no better trade then BOSH & fillers... lol

The Owner of the magic wants his team to be the new Toronto Raptors, but a little better....... thats ok with me.

if you think I don't make sense, what about the owner of the magic... don't hate on me, point your comments towards the Owner of the magic.

this whole post is jokes lol

king2218
12-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Again, there is ZERO chance Lakers give up both Pau and Bynum. Not only does it not make sense for the Lakers, but the Lakers have publicly stated they will not offer, nor have they ever offered Bynum and Pau for Dwight. I dont understand why people still put them in their ridiculous trade posts. Bynum+Pau for Dwight has a 0% possibility of happening.

You don't think that Owner is bluffing? LAL would do that trade b/c then it opens up cap space to go after Deron Williams as well.

beliges
the lakers will do what they have to when it comes down to it. as it is they have a very slim chance of making the finals. if they get serious about winning another ship i can see them pulling the trigger and sending gasol and bynam to magic for howard and hedo if they dont do that they will lose out on howard and he will go somewhere else. my guess is that howard will be in a lakers jersey by next season though. imo.

My guess is Howard will be in a Laker uni by next season at the latest as well but theres not a chance the Lakers will give up both Bynum and Pau. THey have already said they would never do that. On top of that, theres not another team out there that can offer the caliber player of Bynum to replace Dwight. Bynum is the closest thing there is to Dwight, and he along with picks and some fillers will be enough, and certainly better than what the Nets or Mavs have to offer. But Bynum+Pau for Dwight will never be offered by the Lakers.

knicksfan42

How do you would feel about a trade for Horford and Smith, both are young. 25 and 26. Horford is getting 12 million a year until 2015-2016, which is pretty cheap for an all-star center. Smith is overpaid at 12-13 million, but his contract is coming off the books next season. If they can add some decent draft picks to the trade it looks good. People talk about Bynum and Lopez, but completely ignore Horford. He's young and is already a 2x allstar. He doesn't have injury concerns and he's signed through 2016 so he can't just walk away in a year.

beliges
12-28-2011, 07:25 PM
You don't think that Owner is bluffing? LAL would do that trade b/c then it opens up cap space to go after Deron Williams as well.

Not unless it was a guarantee to get D Will. Pau and Bynum is simply too much for Dwight, especially since Bynum is the best individual player Orlando can get. Furthermore, theres no need for D Will if the Lakers have Pau, Dwight and Kobe. Thats a guaranteed championship or two until Kobe and Pau come off the books for the Lakers.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 07:29 PM
How do you would feel about a trade for Horford and Smith, both are young. 25 and 26. Horford is getting 12 million a year until 2015-2016, which is pretty cheap for an all-star center. Smith is overpaid at 12-13 million, but his contract is coming off the books next season. If they can add some decent draft picks to the trade it looks good. People talk about Bynum and Lopez, but completely ignore Horford. He's young and is already a 2x allstar. He doesn't have injury concerns and he's signed through 2016 so he can't just walk away in a year.

Well, the Hawks offered Johnson and Smith...but yeah, it would definitely have to be Horford instead for us to listen.

A Hedo + Howard for Smith and Horford trade would work...I just don't know if it gives us the upside we need. It's a lot like trading for Noah and Boozer...we'll be good, not great...and that's not what I'm interested in.

I don't know. I don't have much interest in Smith honestly. We make that trade and we're just the Hawks-lite for the foreseeable future...and the Hawks right now are just a team that will continually get a 3-7 seed, but never make a serious run at a conference finals. I don't want that for my future.

I do like Teague. Teague and Horford for Howard and junk...get a third team involved to make the contracts work. We'd have to give up Hedo.

Squad13
12-28-2011, 07:34 PM
:facepalm: Ironic you have that sig.

I'd do it, even if it was only for a 1year D12 rental. Probably have a better chance to win with a lineup of:

Rondo/Dooling
Pierce/Bradley
Pietrus/Daniels
Bass/JJohnson
Howard/Wilcox

So you'd be willing to trade two former stars with maybe 2 decent years left in the tank ? You'd have to have Rondo in any deal and your team is far too old now that green is down.

MickeyMgl
12-28-2011, 07:48 PM

What cap space? If they trade Bynum and Gasol for Howard, it's because they'll be expected to take Turkoglu back as well. No cap space opened up.

Squad13
12-28-2011, 07:53 PM
I really don't see the Magic getting a better player than Bynum for Dwight. As crazy as that is to say... there are only a few teams in the discussions. Lopez is possibly out for the year with a dreaded foot injury and simply wasn't that good to begin with. Put up solid numbers while getting the lions share of the looks. Bynum is overrated by alot of Laker fans but he's also by under valued by alot of people on this forum.
Bynum, when healthy (I know, I know )is a top 3 center in this league (mainly due to the fact of there being very few good Centers) He has an intimidating presence on both ends of the floor with his freakish length (waiting for the first gay joke). He has elite size, soft hands and a mean streak (#trytoresist) I feel awful for the Magic fans and its just a ****** situation for them but you can see the flashes of a really good player in Bynum.

If he can stay healthy (not as big of an IF as some of you make it out to be) than you could have a young big man that can get you 20 and 10 while being a defensive anchor that will make people think twice about coming to the rack and alter alot of shots.

I get the natural and understandable feeling of the "anyone but the lakers" reaction and I really get it. If I werent a lakers fan I'd probably think the same thing, especially if I was a Magic fan.. If he gets injured you just cut your losses next year and clear up space. IMO he could easily get 16-20 and 8-10 boards a game given enough minutes. I might just be a homer, though.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 08:09 PM
I call the owner selfish...but the main reason I don't want Bynum is because I don't want to have to ever root for him. :laugh2: It's as simple as that. I don't think there's a player in the league I'd struggle to root for more than him...

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Are you asking which is better...because it's obviously LA's deal.

I don't think just Noah and Boozer would pique the Magic's interest at all.

Im saying these are the types of deals that the magic are looking for. guys who can come in and contribute right away. i think its stupid. i would do anything i can to pry those picks away from the nets. gasol and noah are the two intriguing players in the deal. boozer is way over rated and bynum is injury prone. but never the less i think these are the type of deals the magic are looking for.

My guess is Howard will be in a Laker uni by next season at the latest as well but theres not a chance the Lakers will give up both Bynum and Pau. THey have already said they would never do that. On top of that, theres not another team out there that can offer the caliber player of Bynum to replace Dwight. Bynum is the closest thing there is to Dwight, and he along with picks and some fillers will be enough, and certainly better than what the Nets or Mavs have to offer. But Bynum+Pau for Dwight will never be offered by the Lakers.

just because the lakers said they wont give up gasol and bynum it doesnt mean that they wont end up doing it. its smoke screaning. they will try everything in their power to get howard with out giving up both gasol and bynum but at the end they'll give up what they have too.

id rather have howard for 82 games then gasol for 82 games and bynum for 40.

Squad13
12-28-2011, 08:13 PM
I call the owner selfish...but the main reason I don't want Bynum is because I don't want to have to ever root for him. :laugh2: It's as simple as that. I don't think there's a player in the league I'd struggle to root for more than him...

But it terms of just the player himself... I can't imagine anyone wanting Lopez over him.

VinceCarter
12-28-2011, 08:16 PM
But it terms of just the player himself... I can't imagine anyone wanting Lopez over him.

Imagine harder.

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 08:18 PM

i agree.. him and perkins.

sb123
12-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Bynum should get you a bag of balls on NBA.com. As Bill Parcells would say of talented, injured players ... they are worthless if not on the field.

Bynum is worthless, a turd and a gigantic waste of money. Lakes keep pumping him to trade him and some fool GM will do it b/c he is very stupid. That is to say give up anything for an always injured 10/7 player.

10/7? Luis Scola is better. Bosh is better. Amar'e is better. The list is endless.

sb123
12-28-2011, 08:19 PM
i agree.. him and perkins.

Perkins, another bag of balls player. Rather have Joel Anthony and pay him Vet Min.

Amazing how folks systematically over rate anyone over 6'10.

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Perkins, another bag of balls player. Rather have Joel Anthony and pay him Vet Min.

Amazing how folks systematically over rate anyone over 6'10.

I agree C's are grossly over rated. its probably because there simply isnt that many great ones any more.

ldawg
12-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Otis is doing the smart thing that most gm don't do he is not banking on the draft only to suck for a very long time. I would bet If he do this Orlando would be a better team than NO for many years.
The idea of playing the draft is silly Miami, Dallas and Boston did the opposite and Won a ring each. How many rookie teams won titles? Just to name a few teams that traded their stars or let them walk for potential draft pics that stuck in mediocrity. Blazers, Kings, Mini, Cavs, Raptors, Suns. Chicago is only now coming around. This writer has no idea what he is talking about. IMO to many teams settle for draft pics rather than putting a team on the floor. Then they get mad when their team suck for many years. they develop a loosing culture and no one wants to play for them.
You want to tell me draft pics is better than a front court of Bynum and BigBaby, than playing the draft? Mini draft Darko, Mj drafted K brown, Blazers drafted Oden. La Drafted Morris, Bynum and Gasol in the second round. High draft pick guarantee you nothing. Then you got to hear all the competitive balance BS when they are the ones that did it.

smith&wesson
12-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Otis is doing the smart thing that most gm don't do he is not banking on the draft only to suck for a very long time. I would bet If he do this Orlando would be a better team than NO for many years.
The idea of playing the draft is silly Miami, Dallas and Boston did the opposite and Won a ring each. How many rookie teams won titles? Just to name a few teams that traded their stars or let them walk for potential draft pics that stuck in mediocrity. Blazers, Kings, Mini, Cavs, Raptors, Suns. Chicago is only now coming around. This writer has no idea what he is talking about. IMO to many teams settle for draft pics rather than putting a team on the floor. Then they get mad when their team suck for many years. they develop a loosing culture and no one wants to play for them.

i disagree. with draft picks you have the oppertunity to get another dwight howard type player or a d rose type of player.

lets say the best case scenerio happends. lets say the magic trade howard for bynum and gasol (best case scenerio in orlando's eyes)

this would be the line up

nelson
redick
richardson
gasol
bynam

thats at best a 5th-6th seed in the east. which means mediocrosy for years and years.

kendawg73
12-28-2011, 08:48 PM
The Heat could always trade Haslem, Battier, Joel Anthony and Mike Miller for Howard. That would be horrible as a Bulls fan, but Riley always finds ways to pull off trades. That would be a ridiculous line-up, and Howard would still be in Florida.

More-Than-Most
12-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Iggy and Brand... Iggy and someone... Oh god please get us Howard

ZHawk1123
12-28-2011, 08:51 PM
The Heat could always trade Haslem, Battier, Joel Anthony and Mike Miller for Howard. That would be horrible as a Bulls fan, but Riley always finds ways to pull off trades. That would be a ridiculous line-up, and Howard would still be in Florida.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Not sure if serious...

kendawg73
12-28-2011, 08:52 PM

The reason I mention this is, because not once have you heard a thing from the Heat about Howard. That scares me!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

shep33
12-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if they want to stay competitive, doesn't this almost force them to trade Howard to the Western Conference?

Squad13
12-28-2011, 09:27 PM
Imagine harder.
Says a nets fan. Bynum is much more efficient and the injury argument went the way of Lopez's ankle. What does he do better than Bynum?

Bynum should get you a bag of balls on NBA.com. As Bill Parcells would say of talented, injured players ... they are worthless if not on the field.

Bynum is worthless, a turd and a gigantic waste of money. Lakes keep pumping him to trade him and some fool GM will do it b/c he is very stupid. That is to say give up anything for an always injured 10/7 player.

10/7? Luis Scola is better. Bosh is better. Amar'e is better. The list is endless.
You're an absolute moron. Scola and Bosh aren't centers and you'd be hard pressed to call Amare one. Get a clue Bynum is alot better than you're portraying him to be. Of course someone like Amare or Bosh are better than him right now... I'm not saying otherwise. I'd take him over Bosh if I was building a franchise, though.

Squad13
12-28-2011, 09:28 PM

Thank you for reminding me why I avoid the nba forum. :laugh2:

king2218
12-28-2011, 09:39 PM
What cap space? If they trade Bynum and Gasol for Howard, it's because they'll be expected to take Turkoglu back as well. No cap space opened up.

After this season, they can Amnesty Turk, which would give them cap space.

Nets/Raiders!
12-28-2011, 09:42 PM
MAVS have plenty of established veterans.

Shawn Marion, Roddy B, Dominique Jones, Brendan Haywood + 2 first round picks for Dwight Howard.

Get it done Cuban, we need an interior defender, NOW before it's too late and we're screwed for years!

MacFitz92
12-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Marion, Terry, Odom, Kidd

king2218
12-28-2011, 10:01 PM
When the Magic meant veterans, I'm sure they didn't mean over the hill players such as a Garnett, Terry, or Pierce. I think the Magic mean they want players in their prime, such as a Josh Smith or a Russell Westbrook.

Another trade idea would be:

ORL gets Bynum, Rudy Gay, Ebanks, Blake

MEM gets Pau Gasol, J-Rich

LAL gets Z Randolph, Howard, Turk

Memphis proved last year they can win without Gay & with this trade can re-unite the Gasol brothers. LAL gets Howard & a good replacement in Z-Randolph. ORL gets its veteran core to stay competitive.

oak2455
12-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Amare and Chandler theres your Vets:D

Njsportsfreak
12-28-2011, 10:23 PM
This one is easy use some of them 1 rds the nj was gonna the magic and get some piece together and make a 3-4 team deal and then watch magic wish they took nj 1st offer when he leaves after this season lile he has been pretty much saying (well the media mostly) but I bet a blockbuster can be made and a couple teams better in the future and also now

ManRam
12-28-2011, 10:34 PM

Haha.

Might as well just let him walk. Those are all fossilized expiring contracts. Pointless trade.

Marion isn't an expiring, but he isn't the type of veteran I'd imagine RDV wants.

Could we get Vince back too? :laugh:

FarOutIos
12-28-2011, 10:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d8rd3tb

Just a thought...

shep33
12-28-2011, 10:41 PM

for Daniel Orton?

Nets/Raiders!
12-28-2011, 10:42 PM

Shawn Marion, Roddy B, Dominique Jones, Brendan Haywood + 2 first round picks for Dwight Howard.

Get it done Cuban, we need an interior defender, NOW before it's too late and we're screwed for years!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

BAM. Throw in two first rounders and we're in there. The Magic get a solid starting center, two promising future guards and two first rounders and a possible trade exception.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 10:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

BAM. Throw in two first rounders and we're in there. The Magic get a solid starting center, two promising future guards and two first rounders and a possible trade exception.

Link didn't work.

Squad13
12-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Mavs have absolutely nothing to offer for Howard.

ManRam
12-28-2011, 10:53 PM

There's nothing of value there...

Marion is a useless trade asset. As are Jones and Haywood. Roddy is a nice player, but nothing more than a great bench player. Those picks would be worthless.

king2218
12-28-2011, 11:04 PM
If LA wants Howard to keep them competitive & kobe happy...then they are going to HAVE to part with both Pau & Bynum. No way is LA getting Howard & keeping Pau. when teams get closer to the trade deadline, LA will budge & include both of those players. Without Howard, LA has no one that Kobe can pass off the torch too.

DLCK
12-28-2011, 11:13 PM
If LA wants Howard to keep them competitive & kobe happy...then they are going to HAVE to part with both Pau & Bynum. No way is LA getting Howard & keeping Pau. when teams get closer to the trade deadline, LA will budge & include both of those players. Without Howard, LA has no one that Kobe can pass off the torch too.

I kinda agree. But if Lopez isnt back by then or isnt the same player . I think it gives more leverage for the lakers to only offer Bynum and fillers.If they do offer Pau up also i believe they would also want a starting PG in return if were giving up two starters.

king2218
12-28-2011, 11:15 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dx956y6

ORL LINEUP:
Ellis/Nelson
J-Rich/Reddick/Wafer
Wright/Q-Rich/Harper
Anderson/Baby
Bynum/Orton

THE MTL
12-28-2011, 11:22 PM

thats grimey. those guys should retire on celtics

THE MTL
12-28-2011, 11:23 PM
I think the Hawks could put together a nice package

clyde3218
12-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Lakers need Dwight they're looking horrible but they said they wouldn't trade Bynum and Pau. I say safest bet is Bynum and picks for Howardl

They said they wont trade both for D12 but they didnt say they wouldnt do a 3-way with both Pau and Drew involved :-)

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-29-2011, 01:02 AM

No chance, Orlando holds very little leverage. You're not getting both Pau and Drew please get that through your thick skulls. The Lakers can still win a championship with both Bynum & Gasol. I am very very confident in that duo with Kobe leading the way.

kendawg73
12-29-2011, 01:06 AM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Not sure if serious...

I meant the line-up for the Heat would be ridiculous...not the Magic.

Dade County
12-29-2011, 02:17 AM

Bosh and fillers for Howard :D

Pat got this (only if Howard signs an extension)

Lakerfrk
12-29-2011, 03:22 AM
I think the Lakers COULD trade Bynum and Pau in the same deal, as long as we get two pieces back...
like:

Howard + Deron
Howard + Scola
Howard + Ellis

Something like that... Turkoglu doesn't count.

VinceCarter
12-29-2011, 03:25 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dxxtdtk

Magic want to stay competitive and this doesn't affect their win percentage per Hollinger. Blazers would get first rounders from Nets.

Raph12
12-29-2011, 03:33 AM
^With Lopez out until mid-feb, he won't be playing well before the Mar15 deadline, I doubt the Magic take a risk on a center who just had foot-surgery.

VinceCarter
12-29-2011, 03:41 AM
^With Lopez out until mid-feb, he won't be playing well before the Mar15 deadline, I doubt the Magic take a risk on a center who just had foot-surgery.

I don't think that is going to stop them from a trade. It's all about next season and beyond I would believe.

sunsfan88
12-29-2011, 03:43 AM
Dudley/Hill/Gortat/Warrick for Howard/Clark

Nelson/Redick
Jrich/Dudley//Q
Turk/Hill
Anderson/Warrick
Gortat/BigBaby

Nash/Price/Telfair
Brown/Childress
Dudley/Clark
Morris/Frye
Howard/Lopez

5ass
12-29-2011, 04:02 AM
Dudley/Hill/Gortat/Warrick for Howard/Clark

Nelson/Redick
Jrich/Dudley//Q
Turk/Hill
Anderson/Warrick
Gortat/BigBaby

Nash/Price/Telfair
Brown/Childress
Dudley/Clark
Morris/Frye
Howard/Lopez

throw in a 2nd round pick, and i'd do that trade in a heart beat.

lol jk, its actually a really horrible trade.

Raph12
12-29-2011, 04:11 AM
I don't think that is going to stop them from a trade. It's all about next season and beyond I would believe.

Considering the fact that a lot of bigs struggle mightily after foot injuries, I doubt they take that risk until they see him playing at that level again (which isn't likely to happen before the deadline)... The only reason why we'd even consider taking Brook over Bynum, was durability, something he no longer has.

Barring a miracle, I think a trade with the Lakeshow for a package around Bynum is inevitable.

Wade>You
12-29-2011, 04:14 AM
Thunder should trade for Howard.

Perkins + Westbrook + Harden for Howard.

If you're the Thunder, this is a move you have to make to get you closer to a serious contender.

Magic get the vets they want and they've got good years left in them.

NYM/NYJ/NYK
12-29-2011, 04:21 AM
He's a young player so i think trying to get a few decent veterens would be a good move for the Magic.
:win:

Raph12
12-29-2011, 04:21 AM
Thunder should trade for Howard.

Perkins + Westbrook + Harden for Howard.

If you're the Thunder, this is a move you have to make to get you closer to a serious contender.

Magic get the vets they want and they've got good years left in them.

No way they trade Westbrook and Harden, that would be stupid... I think it would be WB-Ibaka-Perk or something along those lines.

Dwight hasn't listed them as an option, so I doubt they even talk about that.

Wade>You
12-29-2011, 04:26 AM
No way they trade Westbrook and Harden, that would be stupid... I think it would be WB-Ibaka-Perk or something along those lines.

Dwight hasn't listed them as an option, so I doubt they even talk about that.To pair up Howard and Durant? Personally, I think the Thunder would do that in a heartbeat. And I'm sure Howard knows that pairing with Durant who's got so many years left in the NBA might be as good as it gets.

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-29-2011, 04:26 AM
This one aint so bad in my opinion for all teams involved.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=czq2clt

To the Nets: Howard, Turkoglu, 2nd round pick in 2013 from GS
To the Warriors: Brook Lopez, OJ Mayo, Damion James, 1st rounder from Griz (top 14 protected)
To The Magic: Monta Ellis, Mehmet Okur (expiring contract), 1st round (Nets) in 2012, Rockets 1st rounder in 2012, GS 1st rounder in 2013 (top 8 protected), Nets 1st rounder in 2013, possible cash considerations (Nets)
To the Grizzlies: Dorrell Wright, Nets 2012 2nd, Nets 2013 2nd

I think this could get it done, not trying to be bias (honestly), but for all teams I believe this works out.

The Nets get Howard and Turk: Its what they want so they're obviously willing to give up whatever it takes to get him.

Warriors get Lopez, Mayo, James, pick: Monta has been a so called cancer to this team with constant ball hogging and supposedly many GMs feel he is limiting Steph Currys game. If this is the case he needs to be traded. Surrounding Steph Curry with Lopez, a Top 5 center in the league, Mayo an excellent 2 guard with loads of potential as a starter, and James a solid defender and decent scorer who can either start or come off the bench all can make the Warriors a very solid team all around.

Magic get Ellis and Okur plus picks: On the surface the players dont look like much BUT hauling in a prolific scorer in Monta Ellis could do wonders for the fans in Orlando. Monta could essentially form his own team and learn from a hard nosed coach in Van Gundy, which could only better his game. The magic get a excellent future expiring contract of Okur to help them next season, AND last but certainly not least notch in 4 first rounders, all of which could easily haul the Magic 2 solid young kids this year and 2 next year. Plus there own picks. Its a great way for ORL to rebuild, get plenty of cap space, get young again, and have potential to be back in the East within the next 5 years.

Grizzlies get Dorell Wright: Dorell Wright is a solid scorer and rebounder, something perfect to start for the Griz at the 2 spot of come off the bench similar to Mayo. He is a great outside shooter and is locked up through 2013. Something OJ Mayo is not. The Griz want to trade Mayo badly, why not get a solid player and a few second rounders back for him instead of losing him in the off season?

Just a thought, not proclaiming to be the worlds BEST trade but pretty solid IMO.

Raph12
12-29-2011, 04:37 AM
To pair up Howard and Durant? Personally, I think the Thunder would do that in a heartbeat. And I'm sure Howard knows that pairing with Durant who's got so many years left in the NBA might be as good as it gets.

The Thunder are the heavy favs to come out of the West, while Durant is the heavy fav to win MVP. I doubt they throw that away because of a couple of "altercations", especially when Durant downplayed it and complimented the **** out of WB right after the game.

Dwight wouldn't resign because OKC is a small market team and because he'd be playing in Durant's shadow... Not happening.

loublue22
12-29-2011, 04:49 AM
The Thunder are the heavy favs to come out of the West, while Durant is the heavy fav to win MVP. I doubt they throw that away because of a couple of "altercations", especially when Durant downplayed it and complimented the **** out of WB right after the game.

Dwight wouldn't resign because OKC is a small market team and because he'd be playing in Durant's shadow... Not happening.

Dwight will never win a title without an elite perimeter player anyway, he will be in someone's "shadow" no matter what.

I have been screaming for Westbrook + Ibaka for Dwight for a while now. Durant/Howard/Harden/Maynor would own the West.

shep33
12-29-2011, 04:52 AM
Dwight will never win a title without an elite perimeter player anyway, he will be in someone's "shadow" no matter what.

I have been screaming for Westbrook + Ibaka for Dwight for a while now. Durant/Howard/Harden/Maynor would own the West.

Again financially Westy + Ibaka for Howard still doesn't work. Have to throw in Perkins

Fly
12-29-2011, 04:58 AM
I wouldn't like the Westy, Ibaka and Perk deal for the Thunder. Westbrook is way too valuable to that team, their backcourt would be crippled without him

Raph12
12-29-2011, 05:02 AM

Get your hopes up all you'd like, it's still not happening.

loublue22
12-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Again financially Westy + Ibaka for Howard still doesn't work. Have to throw in Perkins

Yeah, I know. Doesn't drastically change anything about the trade.

MickeyMgl
12-29-2011, 06:54 AM
After this season, they can Amnesty Turk, which would give them cap space.

Can't amnesty a player acquired in trade.

FarOutIos
12-29-2011, 08:46 AM
I know there are many reasons why the Kings aren't parts of these trade discussions.... but they should be. They are one of the only teams that have young talent AND vets to throw in to a package and STILL have talent left on the team.

We could trade away Hayes and Cousins... and STILL have Hickson and Thompson along with Howard. Are problem isn't depth... it's that we don't have that one superstar yet...

gilly
12-29-2011, 09:43 AM
This one aint so bad in my opinion for all teams involved.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=czq2clt

To the Nets: Howard, Turkoglu, 2nd round pick in 2013 from GS
To the Warriors: Brook Lopez, OJ Mayo, Damion James, 1st rounder from Griz (top 14 protected)
To The Magic: Monta Ellis, Mehmet Okur (expiring contract), 1st round (Nets) in 2012, Rockets 1st rounder in 2012, GS 1st rounder in 2013 (top 8 protected), Nets 1st rounder in 2013, possible cash considerations (Nets)
To the Grizzlies: Dorrell Wright, Nets 2012 2nd, Nets 2013 2nd

I think this could get it done, not trying to be bias (honestly), but for all teams I believe this works out.

The Nets get Howard and Turk: Its what they want so they're obviously willing to give up whatever it takes to get him.

Warriors get Lopez, Mayo, James, pick: Monta has been a so called cancer to this team with constant ball hogging and supposedly many GMs feel he is limiting Steph Currys game. If this is the case he needs to be traded. Surrounding Steph Curry with Lopez, a Top 5 center in the league, Mayo an excellent 2 guard with loads of potential as a starter, and James a solid defender and decent scorer who can either start or come off the bench all can make the Warriors a very solid team all around.

Magic get Ellis and Okur plus picks: On the surface the players dont look like much BUT hauling in a prolific scorer in Monta Ellis could do wonders for the fans in Orlando. Monta could essentially form his own team and learn from a hard nosed coach in Van Gundy, which could only better his game. The magic get a excellent future expiring contract of Okur to help them next season, AND last but certainly not least notch in 4 first rounders, all of which could easily haul the Magic 2 solid young kids this year and 2 next year. Plus there own picks. Its a great way for ORL to rebuild, get plenty of cap space, get young again, and have potential to be back in the East within the next 5 years.

Grizzlies get Dorell Wright: Dorell Wright is a solid scorer and rebounder, something perfect to start for the Griz at the 2 spot of come off the bench similar to Mayo. He is a great outside shooter and is locked up through 2013. Something OJ Mayo is not. The Griz want to trade Mayo badly, why not get a solid player and a few second rounders back for him instead of losing him in the off season?

Just a thought, not proclaiming to be the worlds BEST trade but pretty solid IMO.

I like it, a lot.

SportsAndrew25
12-29-2011, 09:55 AM
The Magic are making a huge mistake. I think it is better to rebuild and be better than sign vets and make the rebuilding process difficult down the road.

Fly
12-29-2011, 10:16 AM
the magic gm is an idiot. If i am a gm, i would go for as much young players as possible. Signing veterans does nothing but prolong the rebuilding process.

+1

ManRam
12-29-2011, 10:19 AM
The Magic GM is an idiot. If I am a GM, I would go for as much young players as possible. Signing veterans does nothing but prolong the rebuilding process.

+1

Go back and read the OP, and then tell me what the GM has to do with this thread...

Fly
12-29-2011, 10:27 AM
It would still be a pretty dumb move to not try and get a great package full of young players for D12. I was agreeing with him when he said it would only be prolonging the rebuilding process.

ManRam
12-29-2011, 10:30 AM
It would still be a pretty dumb move to not try and get a great package full of young players for D12. I was agreeing with him when he said it would only be prolonging the rebuilding process.

I totally agree.

It's just that this isn't the GM's wishes, it's the owner's. The owner is getting really old, and wants to maintain success and keep putting competitive teams out there...hence why he wants to bring in vets. I agree that it's wrong, it's just not the "GM"...it's the owner.

It explains why Otis has made a lot of the moves he has made as a GM. Every move over the last 2 years has been to maintain success...and with a total disregard to money. The owner doesn't care about the future, all he's worried about is the now...and that's not good for the franchise.

reffahead
12-29-2011, 10:32 AM
What young players are the Magic going to get for Dwight, I'm waiting patiently.

DR_1
12-29-2011, 10:33 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dxxtdtk

Magic want to stay competitive and this doesn't affect their win percentage per Hollinger. Blazers would get first rounders from Nets.

Well if Hollinger says it it MUST be true :laugh2:

oak2455
12-29-2011, 10:44 AM
It's the owner Not the GM....the owner is a old and wants to win now

kho1313
12-29-2011, 10:56 AM
the heat could always trade haslem, battier, joel anthony and mike miller for howard. that would be horrible as a bulls fan, but riley always finds ways to pull off trades. That would be a ridiculous line-up, and howard would still be in florida.

this is just dumb...

JOhnnyTHaJet
12-29-2011, 02:08 PM
I like it, a lot.

Thanks for the comment, well appreciated. I'm glad someone looked at it.

Chronz
12-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Well if Hollinger says it it MUST be true :laugh2:

Apparently he has the best success rate with predictions so hes not a bad go to guy.

ManRam
12-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Apparently he has the best success rate with predictions so hes not a bad go to guy.

Hollinger doesn't always say nice things about Rose and said Rose shouldn't be MVP...therefore he's an idiot!

But yeah. Hollinger's record predictions are the most accurate going...that's a FACT.

Definitely not a perfect science, but it's as close as most people can get be using a bias-free method.

nycericanguy
12-29-2011, 02:42 PM
I totally agree.

It's just that this isn't the GM's wishes, it's the owner's. The owner is getting really old, and wants to maintain success and keep putting competitive teams out there...hence why he wants to bring in vets. I agree that it's wrong, it's just not the "GM"...it's the owner.

It explains why Otis has made a lot of the moves he has made as a GM. Every move over the last 2 years has been to maintain success...and with a total disregard to money. The owner doesn't care about the future, all he's worried about is the now...and that's not good for the franchise.

So what would you think of a Fields, Amare, Chandler for Dwight & Hedo.

I know all the Knick haters will chime in and say Amare's an injury risk, but he's been far less of an injury risk that Bynum. And Amares deal only runs 3-4 more years until he's 32. Gasol will be 32 this year and makes just as much.

MagicHero3
12-29-2011, 02:48 PM
old people hate young people and change. stupid magic owner and gm are too old school. "we want old people who will take up cap space and only give us 1 good season". I HATE YOU OTIS SMITH AND OLD MAN RIVERS OWNER! your not takin me down with you! im gonna OCCUPY THE AMWAY CENTER!

drobe86
12-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Ok well if you want veterans how about Marion, Terry, Beaubois, and haywood for Dwight Howard and Hedo?

smiddy012
12-29-2011, 03:00 PM
It doesn't matter what Orlando wants as long as their hands are bound to 3 teams. They are going to get **** in return.

And LA is ******** for not dealing Bynum & Gasol for DH btw.

drobe86
12-29-2011, 03:02 PM
I can certainly understand why the Magic want veterans. They can compete now. Everybody is hyping up getting younger players as getting a fair deal. Vets allow you to compete right now. Younger players allow you to look like Cleveland or Minnesota. Also, you get those young players and they don't do anything but leave for bigger markets when they get their game up anyways. Getting younger players is way overblown when it comes to trades.

smiddy012
12-29-2011, 03:04 PM
The sad part is that Boozer, Noah, & Deng is probably looking mighty attractive to Orlando right now...

oak2455
12-29-2011, 03:28 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/29/mcgrady-can-picture-howard-and-d-will-in-dallas/related/

As they are the two guys left in the game of “franchise player musical chairs,” it is kind of logical Deron Williams and Dwight Howard could end up on the same team. That is certainly what New Jersey has banked its Brooklyn opening on.

But what about Dallas? Mark Cuban has all but sacrificed a shot at a repeat on the alter of cap space for next summer to go get a new franchise player.

Tracy McGrady told Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo he can see not just one but two stars landing in Dallas. He can’t see Howard staying in Orlando.

“I’ve been watching Orlando play, and I think they let it go too far – to where they can’t compete for a championship,” McGrady said. “Dwight’s going to find a sweeter spot for him next year with him being a free agent, with D-Will being a free agent, and Dallas already having an established star there. … Yup, Dallas.”

And then he laughed and said, “You heard it from me first.”

If Howard doesn’t come to the Nets Williams is all but gone next summer and that means….

Hold on, Mavs fans. Reality intervenes here and pretty much blows this up.

Dallas will have cap space with Jason Terry and Jason Kidd coming off the books plus a buyout of Lamar Odom’s final year possible. But they will only have enough cap space for one max (or near max) deal, not two. The only way they can sign two players near the max is to amnesty Brandan Haywood and find someone to take on the final two years, $18 million of Shawn Marion’s contract. Good luck with that.

D-Will is a Dallas native, there is some logic there if he wants to go home again. Howard is the bigger (literally and figuratively) prize here, the better player in the long term to build around. But Orlando will eventually have to trade Howard (near the March 15 deadline) or risk losing him for nothing. And Dallas doesn’t really have the trade assets unless Marion and Terry sound like the kind of veterans Orlando is seeking.

I don’t want to bet against Cuban, but it’s hard to see him drawing a pair this summer.

ManRam
12-29-2011, 03:34 PM
So what would you think of a Fields, Amare, Chandler for Dwight & Hedo.

I know all the Knick haters will chime in and say Amare's an injury risk, but he's been far less of an injury risk that Bynum. And Amares deal only runs 3-4 more years until he's 32. Gasol will be 32 this year and makes just as much.

I think it would interest the owner...since it would keep us "competitive", but I personally would rather blow it up. I read a blog today that said that RDV and Otis need to do the right thing if they trade Dwight, and that's "grab the dynamite, not the duct tape". I want the dynamite...this trade would be duct tape.

Ok well if you want veterans how about Marion, Terry, Beaubois, and haywood for Dwight Howard and Hedo?

That's pointless. Yeah, they're veterans, but they're useless ones. Marion is a nice 5th option, Terry is a nice bench player, Haywood is very average...and Roddy is the only person that would be around 2-3 years from now. Marion and Haywood would be making $17M+ the next two years...and Haywood is signed forever...awful contract. Terry would cost way too much to re-sign too. All of Dallas' veterans are either expirings or really old. No thanks.

The sad part is that Boozer, Noah, & Deng is probably looking mighty attractive to Orlando right now...

That would be really said, because I've maintained all along that that exact offer is the absolute WORST thing we could do. Ties us up financially with no chance of ever being more than a 6-7 seed for a good 3-6 years. No ability to rebuild, and not even a chance of being better than we are now.

nycericanguy
12-29-2011, 05:04 PM
I think it would interest the owner...since it would keep us "competitive", but I personally would rather blow it up. I read a blog today that said that RDV and Otis need to do the right thing if they trade Dwight, and that's "grab the dynamite, not the duct tape". I want the dynamite...this trade would be duct tape.

I kind of agree thats what ORL should do, I didn't think NY would have any shot at Howard, but when I heard they wanted veterans to stay competitive then that changes everything.

Maybe I'm being a homer but I think an Amare, Tyson Chandler & Landry Fields offer beats LAL even if they offer Bynum & Gasol. NY's guys are younger and cheaper and you have a solid young player in Fields as well. which would you choose between those 2 packages?

Amare hasn't missed any significant time due to injury since 05-06. In 2009 he had that retina eye issue but thats not really an injury. Bynum on the other hand has been hurt and missed almost 20+ games in EVERY season except for 1.

DR_1
12-29-2011, 05:25 PM
That would be really said, because I've maintained all along that that exact offer is the absolute WORST thing we could do. Ties us up financially with no chance of ever being more than a 6-7 seed for a good 3-6 years. No ability to rebuild, and not even a chance of being better than we are now.

For the last time, the Magic don't want to rebuild. Deng, Noah, Taj/Omer and picks is the best offer Orlando will get to stay competitive.

DR_1
12-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Hollinger doesn't always say nice things about Rose and said Rose shouldn't be MVP...therefore he's an idiot!

But yeah. Hollinger's record predictions are the most accurate going...that's a FACT.

Definitely not a perfect science, but it's as close as most people can get be using a bias-free method.

I said nothing about Rose. And Hollinger is a total moron. The Nuggets at second in the west? CP3 winning the MVP? There are many examples.

ManRam
12-29-2011, 05:36 PM
I said nothing about Rose. And Hollinger is a total moron. The Nuggets at second in the west? CP3 winning the MVP? There are many examples.

Oh no! Occassionally he tries to be different! How dare he!

He's right more often than most. Calling him a moron is foolish.

For the last time, the Magic don't want to rebuild. Deng, Noah, Taj/Omer and picks is the best offer Orlando will get to stay competitive.

I understand...if that's what the ownership wants, well, we have idiots running the show and are letting an old man set a franchise back a half decade...just like Abe Pollin did in Washington.

That trade would be bad...not as bad as Noah, Deng and Boozer at least...

BranWingss
12-29-2011, 05:39 PM

Strongly agree. In hockey, you have these teams who aren't good enough to make the playoffs, or be a factor, nor are bad enough to get a top pick. They're stuck in the same spot, for many years. They won't win the Cup, nor get a top pick. They also don't have the cap to make a big impact.

It would be faster to be compeitive to just rebuild instead of reloading.

drobe86
12-29-2011, 05:42 PM

That's pointless. Yeah, they're veterans, but they're useless ones. Marion is a nice 5th option, Terry is a nice bench player, Haywood is very average...and Roddy is the only person that would be around 2-3 years from now. Marion and Haywood would be making $17M+ the next two years...and Haywood is signed forever...awful contract. Terry would cost way too much to re-sign too. All of Dallas' veterans are either expirings or really old. No thanks.

You make a solid point about Marion and Terry that they are both expirings, however it allows the Magic to jump back and maybe sign a free agent or 2 themselves. It gives you financial flexibility. If you take the Bulls Players its the same thing, except you end up stuck with all those players because they are on long term deals....

ManRam
12-29-2011, 05:45 PM
You make a solid point about Marion and Terry that they are both expirings, however it allows the Magic to jump back and maybe sign a free agent or 2 themselves. It gives you financial flexibility. If you take the Bulls Players its the same thing, except you end up stuck with all those players because they are on long term deals....

Well, both options suck :laugh:

Ideally, we'd get a good player that isn't paid a ton, and some cap flexibility. Dallas can offer cap flexibility (we're seriously probably better off just letting Dwight walk...since I can't imagine them wanting Hedo, because he'd kill their FA chances) and Chicago can't offer any, instead, they can offer players that make way too much.

Dade County
12-29-2011, 05:46 PM

Bosh & fillers would get the job done...

GM against GM, HEAT got this :D

iam brett favre
12-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Raja Bell and Jamaal Tinsley?

RLundi
12-29-2011, 09:02 PM
Bosh & fillers would get the job done...

:clap:

Thanks so much, I needed a good laugh.

Squad13
12-29-2011, 10:13 PM
I can certainly understand why the Magic want veterans. They can compete now. Everybody is hyping up getting younger players as getting a fair deal. Vets allow you to compete right now. Younger players allow you to look like Cleveland or Minnesota. Also, you get those young players and they don't do anything but leave for bigger markets when they get their game up anyways. Getting younger players is way overblown when it comes to trades.

Wow... Dallas fans :laugh2:

LOOTERX9
12-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Orlando are fools. they better get the nets draft picks and rebuild with younger players. Or else they will be mediocre for next 5 years. But i'll trade amare for howard if orlando wants a star