PDA

View Full Version : Bulls inadvertantly helped the Heat

Wade>You
12-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Chicago Bulls draft Norris Cole with the 28th pick.

Chicago Bulls trade Norris Cole to the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Minnesota Timberwolves trade Norris Cole to the Miami Heat.

Pat Riley pulled a fast one on Gar Forman. I can't imagine a scenario where the Bulls would've done a trade with the Heat straight-up. And if Riley had tipped his hand, the Bulls might've ended up keeping Cole, who would've been a good backup for Rose.

If Norris Cole pans out, Gar Forman will regret hurting his team's chances at winning a title by helping their main competitor improve.

kjoke
12-28-2011, 03:17 AM
Yhis happens all the time. Like how in recent we picked up Marcus Thorton and then traded him

Wade>You
12-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Yhis happens all the time. Like how in recent we picked up Marcus Thorton and then traded himNo, Heat traded Marcus Thorton to New Orleans. Hardly the same implications as trading to a team you are directly competing with for a championship.

NYtilIdie
12-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Is this serious?

Cal827
12-28-2011, 03:20 AM
We should go all the way back to where that pick came from.

-Miami trades protected first rounder and TPE to Toronto for Chris Bosh (sign and trade)

- Toronto trades Miami's lottery protected first rounder to Chicago for James Johnson.

Lol so in the end, that was where your pick would have been. :D

Although since they gave another contender a player that might be a key cog... yeah the bulls should have held onto the pick lol

cubfan23
12-28-2011, 03:21 AM
lol your funny kid

whitemamba33
How exactly did Pat "pull a fast one"? Did he use jedi mind tricks to make the T-Wolves trade for Cole so they could get them? Seems to me like you are giving credit where it isn't due..and THAT is the true sign of one biased son of a $##$%.

The kid had a good game. He'll need many more if the Bulls are ever going to regret anything.

The last two threads i've entered from this guy was this terrible one and the one where he spinned something David Stern said to make it another one of his famous "screwed the Heat" topics. I think it's time to give up on this kid.

kjoke
No, Heat traded Marcus Thorton to New Orleans. Hardly the same implications as trading to a team you are directly competing with for a championship.

They didn't/

They traded to the Wolves.

marvILLous
12-28-2011, 03:22 AM
the next chucky atkins

dhopisthename
12-28-2011, 03:22 AM
it has only been 1 game and he was the 28th pick in a bad draft.

Wade>You
12-28-2011, 03:25 AM
We should go all the way back to where that pick came from.

-Miami trades protected first rounder and TPE to Toronto for Chris Bosh (sign and trade)

- Toronto trades Miami's lottery protected first rounder to Chicago for James Johnson.

Lol so in the end, that was where your pick would have been. :D

Although since they gave another contender a player that might be a key cog... yeah the bulls should have held onto the pick lolLOL damn, good one! Still though, if you're the Bulls, you're kicking yourself.

lol your funny kidI'm old enough to be your father.

it has only been 1 game and he was the 28th pick in a bad draft.Agreed, read the last sentence in OP.

Raph12
12-28-2011, 03:25 AM
He looked good, but it's way too early to call...

PC
12-28-2011, 03:27 AM
Seems like an overreaction to one game

Raps08-09 Champ
12-28-2011, 03:27 AM
:laugh2:

sixer04fan
12-28-2011, 03:34 AM
I can't tell if the OP's being serious or if he's a troll to make Heat fans look ********.

D1JM
12-28-2011, 03:35 AM
Have you looked at the kid that the bulls drafted with the picked they traded first?

Brad IBCB
12-28-2011, 03:36 AM
:laugh2: It's one game.

Wade>You
12-28-2011, 03:37 AM
Seems like an overreaction to one gameI didn't say one thing about the game tonight nor anything about Norris Cole, I am not gushing about Norris Cole (not even once in this thread). This discussion is about a team (inadvertently) helping another team that they are competing with for a championship.

kjoke
12-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Have you looked at the kid that the bulls drafted with the picked they traded first?
that mvp in spain right?

JohnnyOutcast
12-28-2011, 03:43 AM
That's crazy the Bulls gave up a future Hall of Fame point guard for nothing really.

marvILLous
12-28-2011, 03:44 AM
I didn't say one thing about the game tonight nor anything about Norris Cole, I am not gushing about Norris Cole (not even once in this thread). This discussion is about a team (inadvertently) helping another team that they are competing with for a championship.

dude you said norris cole like 5 times in your OP.. this happens all the time.. the bulls traded away a freaking late lottery pick.. how would they know who was gonna be available at 28 lol.. let's just throw this dumb discussion into the big bag of what ifs...

BKLYNpigeon
12-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Serious? theres been about 5 threads about Norris Cole now. Its been 1 game. geezes. you guys need to relax.

sunsfan88
12-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Suns drafted Marcin Gortat, Luol Deng, Rajon Rondo, and Rudy Fernandez and we let all of them go and ended up having to give up a good scorer (J-Rich) to get at least one of them back (Gortat)

Wade>You
12-28-2011, 03:46 AM
That's crazy the Bulls gave up a future Hall of Fame point guard for nothing really.I don't know where you're getting the idea that I said that or implied anything like that.

D1JM
12-28-2011, 03:46 AM
that mvp in spain right?

Euro league. Kid has been balling. Bulls moved up to grab him and he looks legit. He would of easily been a top five pick if it wasn't for his contract situation.

Revolu7i9n
12-28-2011, 03:49 AM
stupidest thread ever.

Wade>You
12-28-2011, 03:52 AM
Suns drafted Marcin Gortat, Luol Deng, Rajon Rondo, and Rudy Fernandez and we let all of them go and ended up having to give up a good scorer (J-Rich) to get at least one of them back (Gortat)Yeah, that sucks man. The Suns owner and GM messed up. I feel bad for Nash the most. :-/

But the thread is about teams helping their main competitor in a quest for a championship improve, so let's try to keep it to relevant cases.

Wade>You
12-28-2011, 03:54 AM
dude you said norris cole like 5 times in your OP.. this happens all the time.. the bulls traded away a freaking late lottery pick.. how would they know who was gonna be available at 28 lol.. let's just throw this dumb discussion into the big bag of what ifs...Wow, you got me on a technicality. :clap: :rolleyes:

I dunno, but a championship contender helping a championship contender doesn't happen all the time.

kjoke
12-28-2011, 03:55 AM
Euro league. Kid has been balling. Bulls moved up to grab him and he looks legit. He would of easily been a top five pick if it wasn't for his contract situation.

Seems like a nice player. Not too much in depth with foreign players but he looks like a talent.

2-3 years is a lot though

SMH!
12-28-2011, 03:55 AM
hahahahahah I cant tell if trollin or serious

ayuntalo
12-28-2011, 03:57 AM
good thing the Heat refused when the Hornets offered CP3 for the Norris Cole pick :D

UPRock
12-28-2011, 03:58 AM
Norris Cole!!! I just followed him on Twitter LOL. He's going to be great, but who could imagine that the kid would be available super late in the 1 round? No one I bet.

ayuntalo
12-28-2011, 04:01 AM
hahaha this is one of the funniest phenomena here in PSD.
a rookie comes in and makes shots, all of a sudden a star is born haha

maybe Dan Gilbert should have paid Boobie Gibson a max contract after his rookie year lmao

D1JM
12-28-2011, 04:03 AM
Seems like a nice player. Not too much in depth with foreign players but he looks like a talent.

2-3 years is a lot though

It is but worth the wait. He was considered a top 5 pick but like I said his contract situation was the turn off. He wil be 23 if he does come to the nba

SkipBaylessFan
12-28-2011, 04:06 AM
Kid plays one good game. Wait until the end of the season, then we can asset.

Wade>You
12-28-2011, 04:10 AM
To all the people with the "one good game" comments: did you even bother reading the OP? Read the last sentence, please. And the fact that you haven't quoted me is proof that you're not reading.

Wade>You
12-28-2011, 04:26 AM
I just want to say that the Bulls may have a good/great player in the guy they drafted, so I don't want to take anything away from them. Ultimately, this thread is about giving yourself the best shot at winning a title while you have a great team in their prime.

spreadeagle
12-28-2011, 04:29 AM
Its funny cause it was actually the Raps pick they traded for James Johnson,and I wanted Cole so bad and thats who the Heat took at that spot :facepalm: same thing happened with Hibbert a few yrs back Pacers took him with the pick we gave them and I really wanted us to draft him..BC needs to value mid to late round picks more bahhh

SMH!
12-28-2011, 04:37 AM
http://troll.me/images/futurama-fry/cant-tell-if-serious-or-elaborate-troll.jpg

BullsFTW
12-28-2011, 05:05 AM
It also helped us get Nikola Mirotic....

The next big-man star from Europe

NYKalltheway
12-28-2011, 05:25 AM

Small Forward - Stretch 4 actually

spreadeagle
12-28-2011, 05:25 AM

The next big man star from Europe is Jonas Valanciunas...:cool:

Ebbs
12-28-2011, 05:35 AM
He has looked good but damn jump the gun more?

knicks_champ
12-28-2011, 05:46 AM
So Bulls made a bad move of trading a PG when they have Rose already for a #23 pick in Nikola Mirotić who is younger and has a better potential than Cole?

I'm not gonna say Cole is a bust but a bit early to declare winners and losers of a trade. Cole could turn out to be a one and out guy. Who knows.

He reminds me of Chalmers... Playing with a big 3 will get you open shots and you will score. To tell you the truth.

RangersMets
12-28-2011, 06:18 AM
Wade>You starts losing his mind if he doesn't see enough threads about the Heat for him to post in.

Captain Moroni
12-28-2011, 06:37 AM
No, Heat traded Marcus Thorton to New Orleans. Hardly the same implications as trading to a team you are directly competing with for a championship.

Didn't you just say the bulls traded him to Minnesota? What are you talking about?

Captain Moroni
12-28-2011, 06:41 AM
I didn't say one thing about the game tonight nor anything about Norris Cole, I am not gushing about Norris Cole (not even once in this thread). This discussion is about a team (inadvertently) helping another team that they are competing with for a championship.

You do understand the meaning of "inadvertently" right?

thesprite
12-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Didn't you just say the bulls traded him to Minnesota? What are you talking about?

he was talking about another case.. understand things before you post..

on topic:
Miami have Chalmers.. Chicago have Rose.. where do you think a guy like Cole would get the opportunity?

Badluck33
12-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Is this thread still up if Norris Cole goes 2-12 with 4 turnovers??

Rosh
12-28-2011, 07:58 AM
How about you ask this in a non-heat of the moment moment and after he gains what we call a sample size? There's no way people can respond accurately after one game.