PDA

View Full Version : [Chuck] Norris Cole

OnWisconsin2007
12-28-2011, 02:21 AM
How long before he takes Mario Chalmers' spot?

He looks to be the real deal in MIA. He could be a major development for this team. From what I've seen the Heat got away with highway robbery taking this kid. He takes the ball with authority, you gotta have guts do do that when you're on the floor with LeBron and Wade...

I say he is starting within 2 weeks...

Sadds The Gr8
12-28-2011, 02:21 AM
he'll probably stay in a 6th man role.

Gram
12-28-2011, 02:22 AM
He'll be a nice guard for them.

FriedTofuz
12-28-2011, 02:31 AM
I guess this is the piece that puts miami over the top?

Master Mind
12-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Cole Blooded :p

WadeKobe
12-28-2011, 02:32 AM
How long before he takes Mario Chalmers' spot?

He looks to be the real deal in MIA. He could be a major development for this team. From what I've seen the Heat got away with highway robbery taking this kid. He takes the ball with authority, you gotta have guts do do that when you're on the floor with LeBron and Wade...

I say he is starting within 2 weeks...

I've been saying game 25 for some time. Even if he isn't starting, he'll be getting the bigger minutes.

netsgiantsyanks
12-28-2011, 02:33 AM
cole world

FriedTofuz
12-28-2011, 02:36 AM
The miami heat could have a similar situation like the boston celtics, except better. The boston celtics assembled a BIG three and were going to need a PG. Eventually, because of the BIG three's soupport and guidance , rondo became a good player for the celtics and eventually an allstar. If the miami heat's big 3 looks for cole and give him oppertunities to score and make plays, he could turn out to be a very nice pickup and even allstar( Just like how rondo had turned out). That is only if he keeps progessing the way he started the nba season. If you qoute me, remember I said IF :)

OnWisconsin2007
12-28-2011, 02:36 AM
I've been saying game 25 for some time. Even if he isn't starting, he'll be getting the bigger minutes.

He's super cold-blooded for a rookie. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Even if he's not starting, I can't imagine him NOT getting huge minutes.

FriedTofuz
12-28-2011, 02:38 AM
If norris cole can grow a chuck norris beard, that nickname would suit him perfectly

OnWisconsin2007
12-28-2011, 02:41 AM
That or he should learn to do a roundhouse-kick alley oop to LeBron

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-28-2011, 02:44 AM
With him, our depth is pretty good now.

Cole, Haslem, Battier, Miller (when he gets healthy).

Cal827
12-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Norris Cole= Derrick Rose

The rest of the NBA is screwed Royally... Stern tried to block in by giving Chicago 1st overall despite Miami having the best odds at the 1st overall pick, but he couldn't prevent this. :D

gotoHcarolina52
12-28-2011, 02:49 AM
https://p.twimg.com/AhuVTXuCEAAeNdz.jpg

dnewguy
12-28-2011, 02:51 AM

The rest of the NBA is screwed Royally... Stern tried to block in by giving Chicago 1st overall despite Miami having the best odds at the 1st overall pick, but he couldn't prevent this. :D

Are you drunk? Cole is not even 5000 miles close to D Rose. #stopit.

thenetslegend
12-28-2011, 02:52 AM

shumpert, cole, and paul george will team up in a couple years, they will be the "new" heatles and they will do what the current heatles didnt do, win 8 straight championships

BKLYNpigeon
12-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Norris Cole has the Rondo treatment. The benefit of playing with 3 allstars.

jmoney85
12-28-2011, 02:54 AM
wow psd is out of control... its the 2nd game of the season smh

Cal827
12-28-2011, 02:55 AM
shumpert, cole, and paul george will team up in a couple years, they will be the "new" heatles and they will do what the current heatles didnt do, win 8 straight championships

Screw the championships... any group pairing up with Paul George will win the whole European continent in a basketball game/brewfest.

Cal827
12-28-2011, 02:56 AM

Wrong again DnewGuy, I'm actually high :D

Anybody else just have a huge craving for crackers and rock lobster?

BranWingss
12-28-2011, 02:59 AM
Well I was browsing around in the Heat forum a few days ago, and a majority of their posters believe he will start by February. I watched the Heat/Mavs game, and Cole really did look good off of the bench. He is still raw in areas, but even just a month's time will help him grow.

kjoke
12-28-2011, 03:09 AM
When Stern said that Miami may have to give one of its top players.

This is what he meant.

dnewguy
12-28-2011, 03:10 AM

Well, I was close. You sounded like a Republican which was why I asked if you were drunk.

kjoke
12-28-2011, 03:14 AM
And, back on draft day I liked either Cole or Charles Jenknis.

Thank god the miami organization picked the right guy, as of right now.

Cal827
12-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Well, I was close. You sounded like a Republican which was why I asked if you were drunk.

:laugh:

1) I'm a Left winger
2) Not all republicans are drunks

anyways the buzz is going away, so I'll answer the question more accurately... Only game 2 but he's looked good in both of them.. With his team, he doesn't necessarily have to be that passer since Lebron/Wade are already very good passers. Just work on defense and shooting.. maybe be Mo Williams lite on that Heat Squad.

gotoHcarolina52
12-28-2011, 03:23 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CbqNbo_1kY

Dade County
12-28-2011, 03:31 AM

he posted a smily face after... that means his joking :facepalm:

Cal827
12-28-2011, 03:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CbqNbo_1kY

:laugh: the best thing that I have ever watched at 2:30 in the morning :clap:

Sactown
12-28-2011, 03:36 AM
This just in
Chris Bosh is now a 4th wheel

GhostfaceDrilla
12-28-2011, 03:47 AM

Yo dnew, aren't those ancianos the ones who beat Miami in the 2011 NBA Finals?

Cole is a good one.

utl768
12-28-2011, 03:57 AM
mario chalmers probably wishes he signed elsewhere about now

ayuntalo
12-28-2011, 04:07 AM

this lol haha

heatforlife
12-28-2011, 04:22 AM
Yo dnew, aren't those ancianos the ones who beat Miami in the 2011 NBA Finals?

Cole is a good one.

lol ur wrong not all of them dallas lost the reason they won barea/chandler with out them ur not getting pass the second round

Jay
12-28-2011, 04:36 AM
Norris Cole has the Rondo treatment. The benefit of playing with 3 allstars.

Nowadays, Rondo is the best player on his team. Funny how that works out.

Cubby
12-28-2011, 04:37 AM
lol ur wrong not all of them dallas lost the reason they won barea/chandler with out them ur not getting pass the second round

Isn't this the same dude I called an alien a few weeks ago because it was like he spoke in foreign tongue?

JRisdabest
12-28-2011, 05:12 AM
cole world. very impressive

quade36
12-28-2011, 09:27 AM
can someone move this to the Heat forum???? It is quite silly that someone posted this on the overall NBA forum. No one cares about some 6th man on a team that will always have 95 percent of their offense go through 3 players.

justinnum1
12-28-2011, 10:04 AM

Your right, cole is efficient.

But seriously, cole has a nice start and just needs to keep working hard. Good things will come to him if he plays hard

justinnum1
12-28-2011, 10:05 AM
mario chalmers probably wishes he signed elsewhere about now
lmfao no one else was giving him 4mil per...he will sit on the bench and smile knowing the heat did him a favor

Sly Guy
12-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Mvp, mvp, mvp!

Jay16
12-28-2011, 10:18 AM
can someone move this to the Heat forum???? It is quite silly that someone posted this on the overall NBA forum. No one cares about some 6th man on a team that will always have 95 percent of their offense go through 3 players.

It's a post about someone other than the big three making an impact. It should be discussed in the "NBA" forum.

If not about players, what should be posted here ? Just NBA stuff ? Tell you what read the new CBA and tell me your opinions on it. Better yet post it in the NBA forum.

tcav701
12-28-2011, 10:22 AM
It's a post about someone other than the big three making an impact. It should be discussed in the "NBA" forum.

If not about players, what should be posted here ? Just NBA stuff ? Tell you what read the new CBA and tell me your opinions on it. Better yet post it in the NBA forum.

After one game???

I think the Heat forum is the right place for this.

lavilevi23
12-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Cole for ROY!!!

Big Zo
12-28-2011, 10:28 AM

Why did you bother clicking on it? Stick to your Chicago Cows...

king4day
12-28-2011, 10:34 AM
How many games has he dominated so far?

Sly Guy
12-28-2011, 10:36 AM

more than chris bosh.

king4day
12-28-2011, 10:38 AM
After one game???

I think the Heat forum is the right place for this.

I'm going to leave it in the NBA forum simply because yesterday we had people overreacting to the Kings and Warriors beating elite teams.
Cole may become really good but like you said, it is 1 good game. In 20 games if this keeps up, then it absolutely is newsworthy.

KnicksR4Real
12-28-2011, 10:58 AM

#sarcasm

justinnum1
12-28-2011, 11:03 AM
1 and he's only played in 2 :laugh:

he should be able to give the heat 20 min a night

thenetslegend
12-28-2011, 11:07 AM
1 and he's only played in 2 :laugh:

he should be able to give the heat 20 min a night

the next great PG

netsgiantsyanks
12-28-2011, 11:10 AM

somebody couldn't understand sarcasm.

justinnum1
12-28-2011, 11:12 AM
the next great PG

:facepalm: its called a joke

when your best pg prospect since tim hardway is mario chalmers, heat fans have reason to be happy about cole. He can end up being a decent role player.

netsgiantsyanks
12-28-2011, 11:12 AM
more than chris bosh.

#raptorsfan

thenetslegend
12-28-2011, 11:14 AM
:facepalm: its called a joke

when your best pg prospect since tim hardway is mario chalmers, heat fans have reason to be happy about cole. He can end up being a decent role player.

relax im only messing around

justinnum1
12-28-2011, 11:21 AM
^my bad then lol

anyone see sas and skip on first take talking about cole? sas was preaching lol

Dolfan305
12-28-2011, 11:23 AM
I love how people are now hating on Norris Cole just because he's part of the Heat. Obviously it's only been 2 games but he looks very good. Pat Riley and the Heat coaching staff say he has the best work ethic they've ever seen. He's a great kid and knows how to play the game. He's going to be taking Chalmers starting spot in no more than a few weeks.

netsgiantsyanks
12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
best point guard since mike james.

nyKnicks126
12-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Good athletic guard for the heat. I like this pick up by Riley.

I say he will take over at or a little before All Star Break.

He is solid played college ball for all 4 years, and has that NBA confidence already.

DaBUU
12-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Why did you bother clicking on it? Stick to your Chicago Cows...

Here we go, after 1 good game this kid is Derrick Rose and ROY. The Heat have a heck of a team, dont make yourself look silly by getting carried away with a rookie. But then again i'm talking to Heat fans, thats all you do.

69centers
12-28-2011, 11:45 AM
I was surprised at his fluid play and nonchalant attitude out there in only his second game. The question is, can he keep being that consistent. His one plus is that Chalmers isn't very good, so it's not going to take a lot to grab that starting spot soon.

Big Zo
12-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Here we go, after 1 good game this kid is Derrick Rose and ROY. The Heat have a heck of a team, dont make yourself look silly by getting carried away with a rookie. But then again i'm talking to Heat fans, thats all you do.

I personally never said anything about the rookie...

Heediot
12-28-2011, 11:49 AM

They were born only 9 days apart.

D-Amazins
12-28-2011, 12:06 PM
And, back on draft day I liked either Cole or Charles Jenknis.

Thank god the miami organization picked the right guy, as of right now.

He will be shining now that Curry got hurt. I know Jenkins personally (Im from Queens) ... He's going to do it up. I can't wait to see him get some real minutes.

rhymeratic
12-28-2011, 12:19 PM
True story... Norris Cole will be taking Chalmers starting spot by about Game 25-30. He really should be taking it way earlier than that but I think Spoelstra doesn't want to ruin team chemistry unless big 3 push for it openly.

Honestly, I think the league got a problem because I get the sneaky feeling Cole is gonna be special.

BrahCake954
12-28-2011, 12:22 PM
spoelstra is not the kind of coach who likes lineup changes or starts rookies.. hell come off the bench all season.. rio will remain starter

Big Zo
12-28-2011, 12:52 PM
spoelstra is not the kind of coach who likes lineup changes or starts rookies.. hell come off the bench all season.. rio will remain starter

Eric Spoelstra is not Pat Riley...

mttwlsn16
12-28-2011, 12:57 PM

what? lol

BrahCake954
12-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Eric Spoelstra is not Pat Riley...

wtf does that mean?:facepalm::facepalm:

hes not gonna start.. get over it

Shmontaine
12-28-2011, 01:33 PM
he looked good last night, no doubt...

that was a bs charge call on bass with cole....

confidence can be a killer, and after that charge, you could tell cole was like, 'ahh yea'... it was interesting to see how he just took over the game, from lj and wade... and they couldn't say anything cause he was performing well, but if he misses shots the next time around, i would imagine a solid earful from both lj and wade... we'll see

OT a little, anyone else see the commercial with the kid falling through the beds, then jumping up and going to school... then to have LJ in there at the end, smiling proudly... IDK, i thought the irony was amusing...

Big Zo
12-28-2011, 01:34 PM
wtf does that mean?:facepalm::facepalm:

hes not gonna start.. get over it

:facepalm: It means Pat Riley is the one with the track record for not starting rookies. NOT Spoelstra. If you think that Cole will keep up this pace and not start by February, you are smoking some really good ****.

NYYCowboys
12-28-2011, 01:51 PM
He did good in one game and has played 2 games ever so I'm gonna say he's better than Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Melo, STAT, Pierce, Kobe and Durant put together.

davids22
12-28-2011, 03:42 PM
He did good in one game and has played 2 games ever so I'm gonna say he's better than Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Melo, STAT, Pierce, Kobe and Durant put together.

U JELLY?

In all seriousness, yes some Heat fans are overreacting, but give them a break. They have almost no draft picks left in the next few years and limited room with FA. If Cole keeps it up, the Heat have landed a nice addition. It's no different then Knicks fans about Landry Fields last year. Granted that was for a whole season, so let's let Cole keep up the good work.

But I had to pick up Cole in fantasy just in case, I have a hunch he'll be starting in about 2 weeks time if he keeps it up.

xxplayerxx23
12-28-2011, 06:21 PM
They laughed at me in the fantasy draft when I picked him in the 16th round in a head to head league, He will be speical I like him from his college days

Jint.
12-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Cole is a nice find.. very impressive last night.

billsftw
12-28-2011, 06:40 PM
i hope Spo keeps him on the bench. We need an initiator in the second unit.

quade36
12-28-2011, 06:57 PM

are you kidding me? CJ Watson scored 32 points the game Rose didn't play last year. I didn't start two threads (because two have been started already over this) saying the Bulls have two great starting point guards.

I am all for talking about players, but after a year of nothing less then 5 threads a day started about miami players, how great they are, etc etc. Heck you guys even started a thread about how Eddy Curry will have a big comeback and be the legit center for the heat. Its just annoying.

If I personally wanted to talk about someone who had one good game on my team, I'd put it in my team's forum because no one else really cares. Now if they are a rising star and you want to compare them to others, thats something else. But one good game??? its ridiculous. Mind you he didn't even have a great game. 4 assists, 3 TO and 0-3 from the 3pt line isn't really stellar for a PG on a team where again 95 percent of the offense is split between 3 players and the rest of the players have to fend for the other 5 percent.

davids22
12-28-2011, 07:14 PM
are you kidding me? CJ Watson scored 32 points the game Rose didn't play last year. I didn't start two threads (because two have been started already over this) saying the Bulls have two great starting point guards.

I am all for talking about players, but after a year of nothing less then 5 threads a day started about miami players, how great they are, etc etc. Heck you guys even started a thread about how Eddy Curry will have a big comeback and be the legit center for the heat. Its just annoying.

If I personally wanted to talk about someone who had one good game on my team, I'd put it in my team's forum because no one else really cares. Now if they are a rising star and you want to compare them to others, thats something else. But one good game??? its ridiculous. Mind you he didn't even have a great game. 4 assists, 3 TO and 0-3 from the 3pt line isn't really stellar for a PG on a team where again 95 percent of the offense is split between 3 players and the rest of the players have to fend for the other 5 percent.

4 assists OFF THE BENCH is good. Plus, if you watched the game, you could see he hit many shots with his foot on the line, so he easily could have made a 3 or two. The underlying point is how he basically took over the 4th quarter by scoring 14 out of his 20 points in the 4th quarter alone. Again, OFF THE BENCH 20 points is stellar, no matter who you are.

Kashmir13579
12-28-2011, 07:19 PM
He may not start but he'll play the 4th quarter. Cold-blooded shooter.

OnWisconsin2007
12-28-2011, 07:40 PM
The way I see it, someone has to play PG (obviously). If LeBron isn't gonna do it, then either Chalmers or Cole will. Which tells me he's gonna be getting a lot of tick this year.

justinnum1
12-28-2011, 07:44 PM

:yawn:

WAYNEBO
12-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Kid is gonna be brought up just like Rondo. Our kid iMan Shumpty Shump is gonna be a keeper also. The Heat/Knick rivalry is gonna be fun to watch for next several years.

KB24PG16
12-28-2011, 08:15 PM
norris cole isnt doing anything that boobie gibson did when he played with lebron james...shooting open jumpers. good for him though he'll be good player coming off the bench

Jay16
12-28-2011, 08:22 PM

He scored 14 in the 4th. Tthe Big 3 where going to him to hit shots. This isn't some irrelavent PG who hit a carreer night and the faded into nothing more than an "ok" back up. This kid has been this good since the start of camp. Now it's just materializing into this season. So I would think it's worthy of a post in the NBA forum. It wasn't just a "good game" it very well could be a huge piece for this season coming into his own a lot earlier than expected.

Tell you what though, if you feel that strongly about it. Don't click on the post. You can avoid all this c@rp by just not clicking on this post.

Flashsides
12-28-2011, 08:36 PM
The untold story here is that Lebron played point guard in the 4th, despite who was guarding him and what his "official position was," he consistently gave Cole the ball because Cole was hitting shots.

That said, I think Cole is easily an early RoY candidate. If he keeps it up, no question.

whitemamba33
12-28-2011, 08:42 PM
lol...you guys crack me up. One good game he's getting star treatment around here.

Don't ever change. Even if he is 0-4 right now.

quade36
12-28-2011, 09:20 PM
He scored 14 in the 4th. Tthe Big 3 where going to him to hit shots. This isn't some irrelavent PG who hit a carreer night and the faded into nothing more than an "ok" back up. This kid has been this good since the start of camp. Now it's just materializing into this season. So I would think it's worthy of a post in the NBA forum. It wasn't just a "good game" it very well could be a huge piece for this season coming into his own a lot earlier than expected.

Tell you what though, if you feel that strongly about it. Don't click on the post. You can avoid all this c@rp by just not clicking on this post.

give me a break. Its still only 1 good game. lets not anoint him an allstar. You do realize he had two threads started about him. And the start of camp? What was that like 3 weeks ago? You say it could be a huge piece. But it also could be just another role player for that team.

All I am saying is wait until it unfolds before you make claims that he will be awesome. I guarantee Lebron, Wade and Bosh will still need their 25 points each so that doesn't leave a lot of room for him and everyone else. Unless you assume they will average 125 points or more a game. If you do, then there should be a thread started on how the Heat might just go 66-0 this year.

Squad13
12-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Impressive few games but that's all its been... lets give it more than 2 games :laugh2: Love to have him on the Lakers though!

Arch Stanton
12-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Good job Norris Cole. Liked him at Cleveland State. But he wouldn't be talked about if he was playing on a garage team. He's perpetually wide open playing next to James, Wade, and Bosh.

king4day
12-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Game 3:

5pts

He had one big game and 2 mediocre ones. I mentioned earlier. After 20 games, if he's lighting it up, then someone can create a new thread. For now, just discuss it in the Heat forum.
Closing thread.