PDA

View Full Version : NBA Team With Brightest Future?

*Superman*
12-27-2011, 07:51 PM
I am pretty much wondering which team will become the next OKC Thunder of the NBA. They were pretty much a nobody team in the NBA for awhile in Seattle and then a few years after the move to Oklahoma, they became one of the best in the NBA with the players they have.

Personally I feel that the NBA is shifting a bit, there are a lot of new players/ developing players in this league. Some teams look like they are/will fall off the map, for example, the Magic if they lose Dwight, or Boston with age and injuries, even the Lakers seem to be struggling.

Teams that I feel are worthy of this category considering the youth of the team and their potential down the road: Denver, Golden State, LA Clippers, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Sacramento, Washington.

* I wanted to leave out the Knicks and Clippers because I felt they have already reached this level, but I'm still interested in seeing which one of these teams should be rated higher.

Cal827
12-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Minnesota, Sacramento and Utah I think have the brightest futures.

Didn't include the Clips/Knicks since they are about there.

*Superman*
12-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Minnesota, Sacramento and Utah I think have the brightest futures.

Didn't include the Clips/Knicks since they are about there.

Yeah, its a two way race with them, that could be a thread of its own.

Mod help, and please add Utah and even Memphis.

Demon11
12-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Before there are 10 Warriors picks.. they have pretty bad contracts.. ill wait and see on them until they trade either curry or ellis because its bound to happen.

PhillyFaninLA
12-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Other

thenetslegend
12-27-2011, 08:04 PM
wolves

beasted86
12-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Pacers..... Paul George. Enough said.

/thread

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Jonas Valancuinas.

FarOutIos
12-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I homer voted for my kings. We have plenty of young talent on our team.

BUT... quite a few of those teams have talent. So it comes down to who progresses into superstars. Tyreke was injured last year... so he could surprise many people. And cousins has the talent to... now lets see if he has the desire. And Thornton has been more than solid.

I also like how things have turned around in Minnesota. If Rubio, Derek Williams Wesley Johnson and maybe even Anthony Randolph can become great... And you add that to Love and Beasley... They can become a great team... Wow. Minnesota...

GoPacers33
12-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Pacers

MarchMadness31
12-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Who ever posted this is really foolish for not putting the Pacers as an option. Paul George is a 6'10 and has the potential to be the next T-Mac (hopefully barring injuries and playoff turmoil)... George Hill is our 6th man. Tyler Hansborough is our 7th man and each can score 20 on any given night. Also our cap space is still extremely flexible.

MarchMadness31
12-27-2011, 08:11 PM

TomTerrific
12-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Wolves baby!

thenetslegend
12-27-2011, 08:17 PM
nobody should be voting for denver

Monta is beast
12-27-2011, 08:19 PM
I got to say the Warriors. If Jeremy Tyler can pan out in 2-3 years, he could end up being the best player in last years draft. Epke Udoh is another guy that can become a 10 & 10 guy with outstanding defense. Ellis & Curry are both still very young. But the Kings & Wolves also have bright futures.

sjbirds
12-27-2011, 08:20 PM
no philly in the poll?

phillyphan4
12-27-2011, 08:22 PM
It's a homer pick but I think the Sixers should be at least mentioned. But if I had to pick the ones above I'd say the Twolves.

mavwar53
12-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Clipps have the brightest future, young at PG/PF/C and they are atractive to FA's cause of their location.

Distributer who can take over a game in CP3

Great young athletic, strong big man scorer in Blake

Good young paint protector and cleanup man in DeAndre Jordan.

They could possibly win now and they have some great role players surrounding them right now. Their future is now as well as 5-10 years from now so I'd have to go with them.

I see a lot of wolves votes and I don't really understand it, they are like the warriors but have been worse since the Garnett trade, FA's don't like the weather there and all of their players are likely to leave them. I just don't see them being a good team, I like some of their players but they are not going to succeed as a team, sorry wolves fans.

A team I would have added to the poll is the Jazz, I think they may have the second best future right now, Favors, Burks, Kanter, Milsap, Jefferson, Hayward. I really like their team, lately it seems there are plenty of PG's in the draft, if they could get one they'd be set for a long time, heck they even have plenty to trade if they wanted.

Swashcuff
12-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Going by the poll options Clippers have a brighter future than the Twolves. I mean at the very moment we know what Chris Paul is when he's at his best which is among the best to ever play the position, Blake Griffin did something as a rookie that no other rookie PF in the history of the game could have done. That alone is all you really need but then you throw in the fact that they have a player who can develop into a top 5 defensive C in the league and a double double machine I think it's a given that #1 is the Clipps. Also guys lets not forget the Clippers could now be becoming a legitimate free agent destination with CP3 at the point especially. In a matter of years they may become one of the most marketed teams in the league and a team that many would want to be a part of.

The Knicks would be 2nd for me but if they're there then so can basically every other team in the league.

Next up for me would be the Wolves. Kevin Love already a history maker in his own right as well as Wesley Johnson, Ricky Rubio, Derrick Williams, Michael Beasley, Anthony Randolph all extremely talented players and they are being coached by one of the better and more respected head coaches around in Rick Adleman.

Then I'd go with the Kings. As good as Tyreke is and is going to be I just think Kevin Love is better. I'm not really expecting the trio of Jimmer, Thornton and Tyreke to be together for very long. DMC, Thornton, Tyreke, Jimmer, Thompson and Hickson are a really good core of young talented players however.

As for the 76ers do I think we should be on the list, yes I mean given the teams that are there for sure but I don't think we have the brightest future. We're still based on a bunch of what ifs rather than factual production. Until then we should be on the edge of this discussion.

J_M_B
12-27-2011, 08:41 PM
I like the Wolves and the Clippers ..

Jay
12-27-2011, 08:42 PM
I'd put the Raps up there before I put the Wizards.

*Superman*
12-27-2011, 08:47 PM
I just picked some teams that were on my mind, I guess I forgot about the Pacers and some feel Sixers.

And to the man that said Raptors, they can be added I guess, I think Washington with Wall, McGee, Young, Blatche, and Crawford can do more damage.

I don't watch either team, so I could be wrong. :shrug:

Lakeshow24KB
12-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Memphis and Twolves

PrettyBoyJ
12-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Warriors have some good young pieces if they trade away Elis and get a serviceable big man to play along David Lee this team could be up there with the Clips and Knicks

DR_1
12-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Knicks

mike_noodles
12-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Funny, I would put both Toronto, Charlotte and Cleveland on the list ahead of at least 3 of those teams.

Slimsim
12-27-2011, 08:55 PM
wash looks so bad and wall is no were near a rose or westbrook

Swashcuff
12-27-2011, 08:57 PM
wash looks so bad and wall is no were near a rose or westbrook

Rose nor Westbrook were no where near Rose or Westbrook in their rookie seasons.

P Styles
12-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Okc

Edit: feel like a dummy for not reading the OP. Have to go with Minny

NYMetros
12-27-2011, 09:06 PM
I went with the Clippers. Hard to vote against CP3 and Griffin. Minnesota would be 2 for me.

XpLiCiTT
12-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Its sad as a Sixers fan that the Sixers aren't even in consideration...they are soo young and just had the second pick in the draft, yet still really don't have that bright of a future.

I'd go with the T-Wolves, considering the Clippers are already there with the addition of CP3

eibbor
12-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Ok without all the lame PG grew stuff, why aren't the Pacers on this list?

Dilbert456
12-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Kings and t'Wolves. They have a lot of young talent and should be fun to watch

Sadds The Gr8
12-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Toronto Raptors.

mdm692
12-27-2011, 10:25 PM
pacers and kings

Rego247
12-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Raptors.

BranWingss
12-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Utah or Minnesota. I'll go with Minnesota because of all of that potential they have in their orginization. Rubio, Williams, Love, Beasley, and Johnson.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Indiana should be on this.

Danny Granger is still young and can get 24 a game.
Paul George is a star in the making and he is 21.
Roy Hibbert is a good young center who could average a double double in a few years.
Darren Collison and George Hill are two young guards who are both really good players.
Tyler Hansbrough is a solid power forward.
West, who is 31 is by far their oldest "key" player and he is still a 18/7 guy.

Pacers, Clippers, Kings.

THE MTL
12-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Imma go with the Wolves. Rubio-Beasley-Williams-Love that core oozes potential. One of them just needs to emerge into an IMPACT franchise player (sry Love....21-15 with 20 wins = no impact)

THE MTL
12-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Indiana should be on this.

Danny Granger is still young and can get 24 a game.
Paul George is a star in the making and he is 21.
Roy Hibbert is a good young center who could average a double double in a few years.
Darren Collison and George Hill are two young guards who are both really good players.
Tyler Hansbrough is a solid power forward.
West, who is 31 is by far their oldest "key" player and he is still a 18/7 guy.

Pacers, Clippers, Kings.

Its cause he grew two inches right? Kevin Durant 2.0? lol

xabial
12-28-2011, 01:05 AM
Knicks have Carmelo Locked for ages 27,28,29,30.
Tyson for 29,30,31,32
Amar'e for 28,29,30,31,32

All No Doubt Their Prime Years, and All-Star Calibur Players. (Minus Chandler who is weak offensively but his Defensive Presence makes up for his lack of offensive polish)

I picked the Knicks because they have more PROVEN players then Minny, or the Kings. I will vote for Minny if they make the Playoffs yet alone have a winning Record with that young team. Same for the Kings.

Clippers and Knicks very very close.. Chose Knicks

12-28-2011, 01:14 AM
nobody should be voting for denver

Don't hate....

Ty Lawson 23
Arron Afflolo 26
Gallo 23
Nene 28
Mosgov 25
Wilson Chandler 24
Jordan Hamilton 20
Kennith Faried 22
Rudy Fernandez 26
Corey Brewer 25

GhostfaceDrilla
12-28-2011, 01:18 AM
Its cause he grew two inches right? Kevin Durant 2.0? lol

Well that too.... lol

No, he is gonna be a real good player. Could see him being a 20/8 guy in a few years.

thenetslegend
12-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Don't hate....

Ty Lawson 23
Arron Afflolo 26
Gallo 23
Nene 28
Mosgov 25
Wilson Chandler 24
Jordan Hamilton 20
Kennith Faried 22
Rudy Fernandez 26
Corey Brewer 25

lawson and afflalo are good, doubt gallo will be on the team for long, nene is overrpaid, chandler is in china, mosgov and brewer shouldnt have been mentioned. too early to tell about faried and hamilton

clutchski
12-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Raps

Gram
12-28-2011, 02:24 AM
The Detroit Pistons. ;)

SkipBaylessFan
12-28-2011, 07:00 AM
Sacramento and T-Wolves are my picks.

unleashthebeast
12-28-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm telling you guys, I'm not a Wizards fan but I am from the area and I watch this team a lot, and they really are only 1 piece away from being this "next" team. They are set at PG(wall is going to be one of the leagues best soon), SG(young and crawford is a good duo that contrast eachother nicely, and they can both put up points), SF(vesely can fly, if they can somehow tame him and make him a complete player, he should be pretty good), and C(see description of vesely, same applies for mcgee). The only thing holding this team back is the dreadful play of Blatche. If they can either turn him into a team player, where he doesn't just shoot jumpers and play no defense, or flip him for a guy like Milsap, then this team will be very good and certainly will be contenders in a few years.

North Yorker
12-28-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm telling you guys, I'm not a Wizards fan but I am from the area and I watch this team a lot, and they really are only 1 piece away from being this "next" team. They are set at PG(wall is going to be one of the leagues best soon), SG(young and crawford is a good duo that contrast eachother nicely, and they can both put up points), SF(vesely can fly, if they can somehow tame him and make him a complete player, he should be pretty good), and C(see description of vesely, same applies for mcgee). The only thing holding this team back is the dreadful play of Blatche. If they can either turn him into a team player, where he doesn't just shoot jumpers and play no defense, or flip him for a guy like Milsap, then this team will be very good and certainly will be contenders in a few years.

The thing that is holding back the Wizards is the overall low Basketball IQ on the team imo. They need to get rid of Blatche and get some vets on that team, maybe even use the amnesty on him instead of Lewis if they cant trade him.

But yes, the Wiz future is very bright, especially since they will most likely be a lotto team next year and it's a very strong PF class with Drummond ,Davis, Sullinger, Jones, etc. and they have cap space.

Wall
Young/Crawford
Vesely
Sullinger
McGee

is a pretty nice core to work with.

BKLYNpigeon
12-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Pacers

todu82
12-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I actually went with Sacramento, I think Evans and Cousins should be a dynamic duo for that team for years to come.

nyKnicks126
12-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Minnesota has great potential, and have a nice young core that can win them games in the future so I think they have a good future.

Il Mago50
12-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Wolves pieces don't really fit since they have too many players at SF/PF

I'm gonna be a homer here but I'm going to say the Raptors. We've got Demar Derozen who's itching to become a top 5-10 SG in the league, Ed Davis who's already a 10-10-2 type player and has loads of potential beyond that, Bayless who at the very worst could become a Jason Terry type player off the bench because of his dynamic offensive game, Andrea Bargnani who is still young and has immensely improved his sub-par defense, Jonas Valancianus who a lot of people think could be the best player out of last year's draft and a top 10-15 pick in a deep draft this year.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Utah should be in the poll with the amount of youth and depth they have.

Cosmic_Canon
12-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Indiana

Baller1
12-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Minny for sure.

They really, really impressed me the other night against OKC. Rubio is the real deal.

cdnsportsfan
12-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Clips, obviously, are going to cause a lot of trouble - them and the TWolves will both be dangerous. Pacers cannot be counted out though they look good moving forward.

In terms of potential future I think it's the Wizards - who are just one major contributor away from contention (although they'll need to build on their bench to stick around) and the Raps, who are more raw potential but have some quality young pieces (DeRozan, Davis, Valanciunas), a high draft pick surely coming this year, a good deal of cap space and some pieces that will no doubt be moved this year as well. They do have to answer some questions true but they are in a good spot moving forward if you ask me.

VCaintdead17
12-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Heat