PDA

View Full Version : Kemba Walker

NBA_Starter
12-27-2011, 03:56 PM
I don't want to sound too much like a homer but I knew he'd be good but I admit I prob didn't think he'd be this good so soon. A lot of teams that passed on him are going to be rethinking themselves in the near future. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LniFQHaRVtw

avon_barksdale
12-27-2011, 04:02 PM
love me some kemba!

bigsams50
12-27-2011, 04:02 PM
He needs to shoot a little better from the field, but the kid can ball

AtlantaFalcons
12-27-2011, 04:05 PM
the kid is a winner .. he will certainly have plenty of opportunities to prove himself this year .. he is arguably the most talented player on his team and he could get the most minutes of any rookie this year. Saw him play a lottt in person the past couple years at Uconn, rooting big time for him prove himself.

smith&wesson
12-27-2011, 04:12 PM
i like walker. i really wanted the raps to pick him.

North Yorker
I didnt see the game but I know I didnt want him on the Raps for a few reasons:

1. Doesnt have 3 point range and bad defensively, and therefore a poor fit next to DeRozan.

2. Not as high a ceiling as other specs due to his size and age.

3. There seems to be a couple PGs available like him in every draft, becoming a dime a dozen in this league.

4. I know he was the main guy at UCONN, but as a PG, to average 4.5 apg in almost 38 mins is pathetic for a guy with his skill set.

I wish him the best in his career, but I would have been pissed if Colangelo picked him 5th overall.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
lol...jordan is like, this guy cant be any worse than kwame or morrison

ChiTownPacerFan
12-27-2011, 04:14 PM
ZOMG did you see that guard just break down a 4th string power forward! Meh!

GreatMustachio1
12-27-2011, 04:16 PM
His shooting has been down right terrible but he has a knack for making big things happen in big spots. He is definitely a baller and will get better.

Raph12
12-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Funny how Jordan wanted Kwame drafted and now he's got him... Be careful what you wish for.

AddiX
12-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Kemba is awesome, was preying the Knicks were going to land him.

Kashmir13579
12-27-2011, 04:20 PM
I disagree. I did not watch the game. Even if Kemba went 20-7-5 in his debut, it wouldn't be enough to sway my opinion that he is a bust. Lets let the season progress a little more and then touch on it.

YoungOne
12-27-2011, 04:30 PM
he shot bad so far...

NYtilIdie
12-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Now if only MJ could actually build a team.

Rivera
12-27-2011, 04:33 PM
kemba is the truth ive been trying to convince PSD for a year plus

kemba has 3 point range...he just needs a more consistent J

his D is really underrated by tons of people...im not sayin hes rondo on D but he isnt the slouch people make him out to be..hes tough as nails and he likes to gamble on passing lanes

kemba is a starting PG in this league and with the right team he could be on a NBA championship team

ramz.n
12-27-2011, 04:45 PM
was disappointed when the raptors did not take him..but jonas val could surprise from the draft when he gets a chance to play here.

cardinals1226
12-27-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't want to sound too much like a homer but I knew he'd be good but I admit I prob didn't think he'd be this good so soon. A lot of teams that passed on him are going to be rethinking themselves in the near future. Thoughts?

You're right. I wish I had Kemba, the guy who's played one game and shot 3-7 from the field against a lousy Bucks team.

SportsAndrew25
12-27-2011, 04:57 PM
He has shown that he can be clutch.

cardinals1226
12-27-2011, 05:06 PM
He has shown that he can be clutch.

:yawn: One game, shooting horribly from the field.

The1ronHorse
12-27-2011, 05:24 PM
The kid can shoot, he proved that last year at UConn. Give it a little bit. This kid works incredibly hard. Whatever he can't do, he will learn how to do. The thing you can't replace is his competitiveness and his insanely high motor. All he's done is prove people wrong and he will continue to do this.

beasted86
12-27-2011, 05:32 PM

That's one play on Larry Sanders who is a 6'10" PF. Aside from that he had a poor shooting game.

But I think he will be a solid pickup. Unfortunately Jordan wasted a top 10 pick and drafted Bismack Biyombo who will be a bust. Bobcats will be in the lottery for the next set of years.

black1605
12-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Funny how Jordan wanted Kwame drafted and now he's got him... Be careful what you wish for.

Huh?

Corey
12-27-2011, 05:51 PM
He was 3-10 from the field, and had more rebounds than assists.

Let's calm down.

itsripcity32
12-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Definitely a homer op.

King Koopa
12-27-2011, 06:37 PM
he looks like a much younger Jason Terry. Good for you bobcat fans, something to look forward to when you watch games.

king4day
12-27-2011, 06:51 PM
What's more impressive is that it actually sounds like fans showed up for the game.
I wish I could have gone but with the Saints playing on MNF and the Suns opening up their season, there was just no way that was happening.

I'm excited for this team though. There will be growing pains but they have the makings of a very good team a few years down the line.

If Kemba becomes a star, the fans will come.

king4day
12-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Huh?

I think he meant, Jordan wanted Kwame and got him. That became a travesty of a pick.
He wanted Kemba and got him. How will that turn out?

I might be wrong though. I'm not sure if MJ wanted Kemba.

king4day
12-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Definitely a homer op.

Even still...it's a rare positive Bobcats thread. Kemba has good potential.

iliketurtles24
12-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Hmm, now do that all season, against guards. Then ill talk.

NBA_Starter
12-27-2011, 10:25 PM
What's more impressive is that it actually sounds like fans showed up for the game.
I wish I could have gone but with the Saints playing on MNF and the Suns opening up their season, there was just no way that was happening.

I'm excited for this team though. There will be growing pains but they have the makings of a very good team a few years down the line.

If Kemba becomes a star, the fans will come.

Yeah, it wasn't the largest crowd ever but the fans that were there were pretty live, Cam got the biggest ovation (aside from Kemba) when they showed him front row on the jumbotron!:up:

FriedTofuz
12-27-2011, 10:31 PM
He was my rookie of the year from the start. Charolette trade alot of their scorers and kemba will get a good oppertunity to score alot of points. I honestly do think he'll be one of the top PG's in the nba. I knew it from the start. Alot of people think he couldnt pass but he can. When he was passing the ball well in his former college years, he was asked to score more. Once he became a good scorer and shooter he was asked to pass more. I think in the nba, he will find his balance. As of right now, he will be the top scoring rookie and will be the rookie of the year. Alot of teams passed up on him, but he wouldnt nessasarly have the same effect on another team if that team already has alot of scorerers if you know waht i mean?

homestarunner93
12-27-2011, 10:45 PM
I disagree. I did not watch the game. Even if Kemba went 20-7-5 in his debut, it wouldn't be enough to sway my opinion that he is a bust. Lets let the season progress a little more and then touch on it.

I didn't like the pick as a Bobcats fan, but how do you call him a bust before he ever even gets his career started? That's stupid.

Cosmic_Canon
12-27-2011, 10:55 PM
he looks like a much younger Tim Hardaway. Good for you bobcat fans, something to look forward to when you watch games.

Fixed

LTBaByyy
12-27-2011, 10:56 PM
The dude reminds me of Tim Tebow

Stats, ehhhhhh but the dude does what it takes to get a win

Litchris12
12-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Bobcats finally have a franchise player.i think he will stay there long time.

PrettyBoyJ
12-28-2011, 01:58 AM
He's a poor mans Brandon Jennings IMO

VRP723
12-28-2011, 02:02 AM
The guy is awful. The poor man's Jennings comparison is a solid one. And Jennings sucks.

Beltrans Mole
12-28-2011, 02:14 AM
I like Kemba but after watching that youtube video how the hell was that a foul on the basket? I guess that's the NBA these days...

Corey
12-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Hmm, now do that all season, against guards. Then ill talk.

...Shoot 30%?

BKLYNpigeon
12-28-2011, 02:27 AM
Kemba Walker is a poor mans Iverson.

you cant do much with a 6'3" SG, ie. Monta Ellis & Ben Gordon.

thekmp211
12-28-2011, 02:52 AM
gonna be a borderline all-star type, which is great considering how deep the position is becoming. i'm a little biased but the dude is focused and talented.

Cal827
12-28-2011, 03:11 AM
Good chance at ROY, but has to change his game around, or gain some mass in order to take it over the top.

Anybody have some cheese on them at this hour?

NBA_Starter
12-28-2011, 03:31 AM

He's a PG.

Monta is beast
12-28-2011, 03:47 AM
I ball with him in 2k. He hit a game winning three when I was down by 2, when I was playing online.

faridk89
12-28-2011, 04:24 AM
i like walker. i really wanted the raps to pick him.

just thinking the same thing...makes me SAD :facepalm:

North Yorker
12-28-2011, 11:22 AM
He's a PG.

Thats's yet TBD. The Jason Terry (which I think is his best case scenario), Ben Gordon, Leandro Barbosa, combo guard/6th man role is pretty damn accurate to me.

Until his on ball defense dramatically improves (he couldnt do that at UCONN, so they played Napier on the opposing team's PG) and he shows he can distribute the ball more effectively, he will continue to be a SG in a PG body.

And he probably wont be an efficient scorer early on in his career until he improves his range to the NBA 3.

I think it was a very safe pick by MJ, as he will probably be a sparkplug off the bench at worst, but also one with probably the lowest ceiling of all the lotto picks in the 'weak' 2011 draft.

Corey
12-28-2011, 11:24 AM

He's 6'1.

Rivera
12-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Soooo much hate for kemba already....

People already knew he needs to shoot better...he's played one game...let the man develop...he has STAR potential...he has an insane work ethic he will become a better shooter

Dude is fast he is eletric he's a better defender than people give him credit for and 7 boards for a PG is pretty damn impressive

The bobcats just look like a better team a different team when kemba has been on the floor (so far also counting pre-season)

But soooo much hate already for kemba

Corey
12-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Criticism =/= hate.

hugepatsfan
12-28-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't think he's a starter on a championship team. I like him as a 20-25 minutes per game scorer/back up PG off the bench. Good role player IMO.

Rivera
12-28-2011, 01:49 PM
I didnt see the game but I know I didnt want him on the Raps for a few reasons:

1. Doesnt have 3 point range and bad defensively, and therefore a poor fit next to DeRozan.

2. Not as high a ceiling as other specs due to his size and age.

3. There seems to be a couple PGs available like him in every draft, becoming a dime a dozen in this league.

4. I know he was the main guy at UCONN, but as a PG, to average 4.5 apg in almost 38 mins is pathetic for a guy with his skill set.

I wish him the best in his career, but I would have been pissed if Colangelo picked him 5th overall.

lol...jordan is like, this guy cant be any worse than kwame or morrison

The guy is awful. The poor man's Jennings comparison is a solid one. And Jennings sucks.

...Shoot 30%?

Come again corey? Some is legit critizim but this is just hate...people is already hating on kemba

Even you...I'm sure you'll say "I'm not lying its a critizism" or im not lying I'm telling the truth" but even you know your intention in that post was to take a cheapshot at kemba which shows your hate or maybe a better word is it shows your disdain towards kemba

He needs to become a more consistent shooter...some just have it and some need to work on it...kemba has been working on it and his J and range has improved every year in college....this kid has a high motor and work ethic and will become a more consistent shooter over the years...and I will always maintain his D is a lot better than what people give him credit for

He has incredible work ethic, he's a leader, he's fearlss, he made everyone better at uconn, and the bobcats look like a completley different team (through 2 preseason games and 1 regular season game) when he's on the floor...the players have more of a bounce to there step and the players play harder when kemba is on the floor rather than DJ

Sadds The Gr8
12-28-2011, 02:18 PM
I see his peak being similar to an Aaron Brooks or Jameer nelson of a couple years ago. Something like 16-18 PPG, 4-6 APG, 42-44% FG, 32-34% 3pt. Volume scorer, mediocre playmaker, decent defender, not very efficient. He'll be a solid player in this league, but nothing special.

thenetslegend
12-28-2011, 02:43 PM
poor mans monta ellis

Rivera
12-28-2011, 10:28 PM
in 20 minutes of play....kemba had 14 against the HEAT on 6 of 9 shooting from the field including 1/2 from 3

thats a field goal percentage of 67% ..... hmmmm

NYtilIdie
12-28-2011, 10:34 PM
Yet, they still lose.

homestarunner93
12-29-2011, 01:54 AM
in 20 minutes of play....kemba had 14 against the HEAT on 6 of 9 shooting from the field including 1/2 from 3

thats a field goal percentage of 67% ..... hmmmm

He was also a defensive liability every second he spent on the floor. You can say whatever you want about his defense, but I watched the entire game. The Bobcats' team defense was much worse with Kemba on the floor.

Yet, they still lose.

Not sure if you're serious, but that's a pretty terrible argument given the discrepancy in talent between the two teams and the close nature of the game. Then again, I wouldn't expect any less in the NBA Forum.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-29-2011, 02:53 AM
I love me some Kemba! I saw 90% of UCONN games last year and many games before as well and i can tell you for a fact he will not be a bust. If you know anything of his game you wouldn't say such blasphemy.

His work ethic is immeasurable. Going into his junior year he didn't have a 3 point shot, at the end of his junior year he had one of the best. He carried a RIDICULOUSLY young UCONN team to a National Championship because of his tireless effort and his remarkable leadership.

You got a good one Charlotte don't even worry about him being a bust. He will play like an All star, but he will get snubbed year in and year out because of the team he plays on.

Corey
12-29-2011, 03:19 AM
Even you...I'm sure you'll say "I'm not lying its a critizism" or im not lying I'm telling the truth" but even you know your intention in that post was to take a cheapshot at kemba which shows your hate or maybe a better word is it shows your disdain towards kemba

Thanks for telling me what my intention was. Especially since I was stating a fact.

Also, I have two Kemba UConn jerseys, and auto'd ball, and an auto'd program from a UConn game I went to.

I definitely have a disdain for him. So much so that I wasted hundreds of dollars watching him play. You caught me.

Again, criticism =/= hate.

NBA_Starter
12-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Yet, they still lose.

Kemba didn't play the final 8 or 9 minutes for some mysterious reason.

homestarunner93
12-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Kemba didn't play the final 8 or 9 minutes for some mysterious reason.

He shouldn't have been playing, he was playing terrible defense and killing the team. Coach Silas had that one right.

NBA_Starter
12-29-2011, 08:59 PM
He shouldn't have been playing, he was playing terrible defense and killing the team. Coach Silas had that one right.

Maggette had more fouls than points until a minute left in the game. Silas blew this one big time, Kemba was one of our leading scorers while he was in the game and was actually an efficient 6 for 9 last night.

Silas took him out against the Bucks in the 4th too and we blew the lead then too, maybe he will eventually figure this out, it is not very hard.

homestarunner93
12-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Maggette had more fouls than points until a minute left in the game. Silas blew this one big time, Kemba was one of our leading scorers while he was in the game and was actually an efficient 6 for 9 last night.

Silas took him out against the Bucks in the 4th too and we blew the lead then too, maybe he will eventually figure this out, it is not very hard.

Maggette was terrible too, he should not have been in. We should have rolled with Augustin/Henderson/Brown/Diaw/Mullens. Those were are most effective five throughout the game. I'm sorry, but even if Kemba was scoring, he was more than giving it back on the other end.

NBA_Starter
12-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Maggette was terrible too, he should not have been in. We should have rolled with Augustin/Henderson/Brown/Diaw/Mullens. Those were are most effective five throughout the game. I'm sorry, but even if Kemba was scoring, he was more than giving it back on the other end.

I have to agree on Mullens too, he only played 9 minutes for some reason and was hitting everything.

waveycrockett
12-29-2011, 09:18 PM
I always said he is going to be the new AI. Cavs should have picked him up.

smith&wesson
12-29-2011, 09:46 PM

you think walker is a bust ? wait you say he is a bust no matter what he puts up ?

KnicksR4Real
12-29-2011, 09:55 PM
How many games has he played? Wasn't even that good.

NBA_Starter
12-29-2011, 09:57 PM
How many games has he played? Wasn't even that good.

4 (counting preseason)

Hawkeye15
12-29-2011, 10:12 PM
wait, are people calling any rookie a bust after 2-3 games? Cmon.

I personally don't think Walker will be a great NBA player, but I am more than willing to give the kid a chance before I lay my actual judgement down.