PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

AtlantaFalcons
12-27-2011, 03:47 PM
For those of you who watched the Twolves / Thunder game (although I am sure most of you only watched the highlights :p) what are your thoughts on his long awaited NBA debut?

Stat line of ..

6 points 6 assists 5 rebounds 2-3 shotting 0 Turnovers in a little over 26 minutes of the bench

He had some amazing passes IMO right on the money.

I have heard him compared to Steve Nash, Pisto Pete, Jason Kidd, Jose Calderon, Rajon Rondo etc ..

What type of career do you see him having? Feel free to post rookie and prime stat lines.

thekmp211
12-27-2011, 03:51 PM
rondo/kidd is the best match skill-set wise. let's see if he can improve that jumper.

dude was born to pass. excited about minnesota.

ManRam
12-27-2011, 03:52 PM
The greatest and most exciting 6-6-5 game EVER.

He did look good, but he's got a lot of work to do still...

Iodine
12-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Right now the biggest struggle he could have is that since he has such good court vision when the d has failures it could lead to turnovers because he anticipates them to do the right thing.

He's still no Bismack<3

Hellcrooner
12-27-2011, 03:56 PM
For those of you who watched the Twolves / Thunder game (although I am sure most of you only watched the highlights :p) what are your thoughts on his long awaited NBA debut?

Stat line of ..

6 points 6 assists 5 rebounds 2-3 shotting 0 Turnovers in a little over 26 minutes of the bench

I have heard him compared to Steve Nash, Pisto Pete, Jason Kidd, Jose Calderon, Rajon Rondo etc ..

What type of career do you see him having? Feel free to post rookie and prime stat lines.

kidd is the role model he should have to try to follow, he has nothing in common with nash, maravich, and does not have the fisical tools to be rondo or payton.

so he needs to focus on being like kidd, not much scoring but efficient passing , defending and leading the team and getting nice rebounds to get some triple doubles.

Iodine
12-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Any player that models themselves after pistol Pete should get their legs chopped off for stupidity

avon_barksdale
12-27-2011, 04:00 PM
the kid looked aight. he made some nice passes n got the crowd into it. dono bout his jumper, or rebounding ability but he be a good passer so far. i was impressed wit his vision

AtlantaFalcons
12-27-2011, 04:01 PM
rondo/kidd is the best match skill-set wise. let's see if he can improve that jumper.

dude was born to pass. excited about minnesota.

I agree I think Kidd is the best fit due to his skill set, ecstatic the league finally has a TRUE PASS FIRST PG in the NBA

The greatest and most exciting 6-6-5 game EVER.

He did look good, but he's got a lot of work to do still...

Well put, I expect big things from him and the Twolves this year

Right now the biggest struggle he could have is that since he has such good court vision when the d has failures it could lead to turnovers because he anticipates them to do the right thing.

He's still no Bismack<3

Side note .. how did Biyombo play? Did not get to see him but saw that his stat line was empty

kidd is the role model he should have to try to follow, he has nothing in common with nash, maravich, and does not have the fisical tools to be rondo or payton.

so he needs to focus on being like kidd, not much scoring but efficient passing , defending and leading the team and getting nice rebounds to get some triple doubles.

His defense/rebounding is much better than I thought he would intially be, his passing is outstanding and he was efficient last night, I hope he continues to improve at a fast pace to finally bring the Twolves out of their misery of the post KG era, Rubio-Love-Williams is a solid start for rebuilding

OnWisconsin2007
12-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Those 1 handed passes remind me quite a bit of John Stockton!!!

AtlantaFalcons
12-27-2011, 04:03 PM
the kid looked aight. he made some nice passes n got the crowd into it. dono bout his jumper, or rebounding ability but he be a good passer so far. i was impressed wit his vision

exactly how i feel, he had a couple passes that I have no idea how he squeezed in there without the defender at least tipping it

xk4
The Rubio + Barea combo is hilarious to watch. The team has pretty good chemistry already but they're going nowhere this season without someone to close out games

whitemamba33
I didn't watch him play...Rubio alone isn't enough of a reason to tune into a post-KG Minnesota game.

There is nothing terribly impressible about that statline, and the highlights I've seen haven't really showed me anything. If he's going to turn the team around, he'll get my attention. Otherwise, there are many more players that deserve the hype.

MonroeFAN
12-27-2011, 04:04 PM
I thought he looked phenomenal. Some amazing passes, no turn overs. Looks like Minne got their PG.

Why on earth are they still playing Ridnour & Beasley?

WadeKobe
12-27-2011, 04:09 PM

He is physically the same as Payton in height/weight. Talk about "phsycial tools", he doesn't have Kidd's. Kidd was much heavier and stronger and utilized that on both defense on the perimeter and offense in the post, which were two areas which very much defined his game. To say that Rubio can replicate this seems to miss reality.

Rubio needs to be Rubio, and let's just be excited to watch it. :shrug:

It always cracks me up that people make comparisons based upon numbers/generic abilities, a la "this guy can score and pass, the other guy scores and plays D"... etc.

In reality, Rondo and Kidd are not alike in the way they play offense. Kidd thrived in the fastbreak and low-post like Magic, while Rondo thrives off of dribbling through the D to make defenders shift and move, then finding the open guy, a lot like Nash. Just because he doesn't have Nash's shot doesn't mean he suddenly plays PG like Kidd. :sigh:

assisi805
12-27-2011, 04:10 PM
He's going to get fast minutes for the wolves if he keeps playing like this, The kids good and im excited to see him develop. He had me nervous last night for my thunder...

smith&wesson
12-27-2011, 04:11 PM
i think rubio will be a good true pg. i say 15 ppg, 10 assists, 3 rpg in his prime.

Hellcrooner
Those 1 handed passes remind me quite a bit of John Stockton!!!

thats his body frame, but he wont ever be able to develop jhons offensive game and shooting.

GoPacers33
He is Rondo without as much offense

WadeKobe
12-27-2011, 04:12 PM
I agree I think Kidd is the best fit due to his skill set, ecstatic the league finally has a TRUE PASS FIRST PG in the NBA

Rajon Rondo says "Hi".

AtlantaFalcons
12-27-2011, 04:13 PM
thats his body frame, but he wont ever be able to develop jhons offensive game and shooting.

He could always improve his shooting to an elite level, i highly doubt he will EVER be the shooter stockton was, just saying it is definitely possible though ..

AtlantaFalcons
12-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Rajon Rondo says "Hi".

With the decline of the Cetlic's Big Three I actually think Rondo will be relied on more for scoring, he posted an almost career high of 31 and took almost 20 shots I believe? I think Rondo will have his highest ppg average of his career this year. Big Three just aren't as reliable anymore, yes i know Pierce wasn't in the game as well, just my prediction and I do see your point as well :p

Slimsim
12-27-2011, 04:17 PM
I think The wolves should trade coaches with NY if they really want to see rubio true potential

WadeKobe
12-27-2011, 04:18 PM
With the decline of the Cetlic's Big Three I actually think Rondo will be relied on more for scoring, he posted an almost career high of 31 and took almost 20 shots I believe? I think Rondo will have his highest ppg average of his career this year. Big Three just aren't as reliable anymore, yes i know Pierce wasn't in the game as well, just my prediction and I do see your point as well :p

I think regardless of what Boston needs from him (and thus what he does for his team), Rondo will always be a "pass first" PG. That's just his game.

Raph12
12-27-2011, 04:19 PM
He's young, but he needs room to grow, I say let him start and trade Beasley; let the rooks run the squad.

Hellcrooner
12-27-2011, 04:21 PM
^beasley needs to go thats clear.
He is a ballhog.

Anyway, lets not get carried away with rubio too soon..

I expect a bad game today, jennings is gonna try to prove something and score 30 ( on an horrible fg % and probably costing the bucks the win) and rubio is not used to play Back to Back games ( you never do in europe)

AtlantaFalcons
12-27-2011, 04:21 PM
I think regardless of what Boston needs from him (and thus what he does for his team), Rondo will always be a "pass first" PG. That's just his game.

Yea i actually do agree with that .. I would love to see Rondo on a team that doesn't have any quality scorers .. no efficient spot up shooters / post players and see how he would handle that situation.

AtlantaFalcons
12-27-2011, 04:23 PM
He is a ballhog.

I expect a bad game today, jennings is gonna try to prove something and score 30 ( on an horrible fg % and probably costing the bucks the win) and rubio is not used to play Back to Back games ( you never do in europe)

Seems as if Jennings always has felt he has a personal vendetta against Rubio, as for the Beasley comment he had what 27 shots on 24 points :facepalm:

YoungOne
12-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Yea i actually do agree with that .. I would love to see Rondo on a team that doesn't have any quality scorers .. no efficient spot up shooters / post players and see how he would handle that situation.

that would be a team looking for the no. 1 pick...

WadeKobe

You mean, you want to see how a true PG would do on a poor offense?

I'd say that he'd make them better players, and they'd score more, though on the whole his individual performance would suffer. He would get them more wide open looks (which even poorer shooters will shoot a higher %), and will see more looks at the rim.

However, that's like asking how a QB would do if he didn't have quality WR and no good OLine - they'd probably look worse.

Hellcrooner
Seems as if Jennings always has felt he has a personal vendetta against Rubio, as for the Beasley comment he had what 27 shots on 24 points :facepalm:

Beasley is the lest talented and dumb cousing of Rudy Gay.

Daunter
12-27-2011, 04:32 PM
I loved Rubio and how he made big shots at the end

avon_barksdale
12-27-2011, 04:33 PM
He is a ballhog.

yea im sure rubio be exhausted from playin 25 minutes

ramz.n
12-27-2011, 04:46 PM
he could average more assists than points in this league :speechless:

YoungOne
12-27-2011, 04:51 PM
he could average more assists than points in this league :speechless:

rondo did that last year..

AtlantaFalcons
12-27-2011, 04:53 PM
You mean, you want to see how a true PG would do on a poor offense?

I'd say that he'd make them better players, and they'd score more, though on the whole his individual performance would suffer. He would get them more wide open looks (which even poorer shooters will shoot a higher %), and will see more looks at the rim.

However, that's like asking how a QB would do if he didn't have quality WR and no good OLine - they'd probably look worse.

I think Jay Cutler did just fine :)

and yes I would like to see how a true PG does on a poor offense, Rondo has always played with 3 sure fire HOF players, would love to see how successful Rondo would be without them - say the current Celtics without the Big Three

AtlantaFalcons
12-27-2011, 04:54 PM
that would be a team looking for the no. 1 pick...

unless Rondo could be capable of leading a garbage team to the playoffs, never seen him play without the Big Three .. just curious as to how he can lead a ****** team on his own.

AddiX
12-27-2011, 04:56 PM
I'll give him more time before I'll judge him and compare him to players as good as rondo and Kidd.

Iodine
12-27-2011, 05:06 PM
I think The wolves should trade coaches with NY if they really want to see rubio true potential

But adleman ***** all over 'antoni

MarchMadness31
12-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Rubio's passes were amazing! The bounce pass has been a fundamental that has been missing for too long in the NBA.

Bravo95
12-27-2011, 05:31 PM
His court vision is ridiculous. He and Williams are going to be something serious. They just need some experience and to get rid of Beasley for whatever they can get.

ragee
12-27-2011, 05:41 PM
I am glad he is not having a hard time adjusting in the NBA. Barea and Rubio... Now I have a new team to root for (unless the are against m Mavs)! :D

Tony_Starks
12-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Is a decent player but definitely not worth a 2 year wait........

SlimKid
12-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Is a decent player but definitely not worth a 2 year wait........

I'm not instigating, but why?? What does it matter now that he's here?? He's super young..

LakersIn5
12-28-2011, 05:25 AM
thw wolves need to trade either ridnour or barea because rubio should be playing 30mpg. :D

Ebbs
12-28-2011, 05:37 AM
Any player that models themselves after pistol Pete should get their legs chopped off for stupidity

Rubio with Pistols shot would be pretty good.

John Walls Era
12-28-2011, 05:37 AM
I'm pretty critical of this guy IRL, but I'll tone it a bit on PSD.

At this point, hes not going to help the Wolves win games. He is not efficient; whether it be shooting or forcing the pass (he can pass, but he likes to zip it through windows). D is overrated, I wasn't impressed the last 2 games and even during FIBA events. I will say that he has good speed and vision, so it won't surprise me if he becomes good.

Rubio's passes were amazing! The bounce pass has been a fundamental that has been missing for too long in the NBA.

A lot of PGs use the bounce pass. Rubio isn't bringing anything back that PGs in the NBA now don't use...

UPRock
12-28-2011, 05:38 AM
thw wolves need to trade either ridnour or barea because rubio should be playing 30mpg. :D

x2 LOL

Hellcrooner
12-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Rubio with Pistols shot would be pretty good.

rubio who can pass, deffend , rebound , steal and organize the game.

well add pistols shoot and then you got an mvp player.

but, as i said, he is NEVER gonna be a good shooter or scorer, his mechanicals on shooting are not good .

Hawkeye15
12-28-2011, 09:54 AM
His passing ability in unreal. He is an active defender with his hands, but has a long way to go with his physicality on that side of the ball. His shot is jacked, but its soft, so he will knock down some jumpers here and there at midrange.

All in all, he is basically a very good passing PG who plays calm. But he has plenty of work to do. He appears to be a good prospect however. The Wolves offense moves much more smooth when he is in the game, and you can tell he is a born PG.

He has a few key areas he MUST work on: Strength, shooting, position defense, and not making passes that are overly difficult, they result in turnovers.

Hawkeye15
12-28-2011, 09:55 AM
One thing I did notice (and I had read this in translated stats), is that Rubio is a very good rebounder. He even went up and snatched a rebound away from Kevin Love last night. PF/C's can't even do that most the time. Hoping during his prime years that he is a 13-11-5.5-2.5 player. And I think that is very realistic.

thenetslegend
12-28-2011, 10:51 AM
rubio who can pass, deffend , rebound , steal and organize the game.

well add pistols shoot and then you got an mvp player.

but, as i said, he is NEVER gonna be a good shooter or scorer, his mechanicals on shooting are not good .

it depends what good means, if rondo can score so will rubio

One thing I did notice (and I had read this in translated stats), is that Rubio is a very good rebounder. He even went up and snatched a rebound away from Kevin Love last night. PF/C's can't even do that most the time. Hoping during his prime years that he is a 13-11-5.5-2.5 player. And I think that is very realistic.

this

WSU Tony
12-28-2011, 11:31 AM
I see him as a 10 point - 8 rebound - 8/9 assist - 2 steal type player in the next year or two... Heck, maybe even a few years after that.

He will have a few tripple doubles a season if he gets the minute per game opportunity.

nyKnicks126
12-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Impressive play making ability.. I really like his instincts on offense.. Pure PG (Soccer (football)) like mentality. that's why I like Ricky Rubio.

I really think he will lead the NBA in assists per game maybe twice or three times in his NBA career, he is that good in my opinion.

RiLoc
12-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Rubio needs some confidence shooting. He passes up on a lot of open shots. I'm always surprised by that. I think he is playing at the level that he should for the first couple games as a rookie.

x3

Rubio needs playing time to improve. I feel like Rubio's time with Barcelona was a waste. The few Barcelona games I watched, the offense didn't fit him at all. Not that Adelman's is a perfect fit, but I get the feeling Adelman is more willing to bend than Pascual was at Barcelona.

Rubio is a very good rebounderOne of his more unnoticed qualities.

Iodine
12-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Well Collin Cowherd hates Rubio....... We all know what that means

He's gonna be a top 15 PG of all time now

WSU Tony
12-28-2011, 02:45 PM

At this point, hes not going to help the Wolves win games. He is not efficient; whether it be shooting or forcing the pass (he can pass, but he likes to zip it through windows). D is overrated, I wasn't impressed the last 2 games and even during FIBA events. I will say that he has good speed and vision, so it won't surprise me if he becomes good.

A lot of PGs use the bounce pass. Rubio isn't bringing anything back that PGs in the NBA now don't use...

Rubio spent all summer working on his shot though NBA coaches and has only taken 6 shots so far in his career. How do we know he won't be a decent shooter? And, not to mention, even if he isn't a good shooter, he'll keep his shots to a minimum as to where it won't hurt the team.

You saying he isn't a good shooter carries about as much weight as me saying his 4/6 shooting in the NBA means he's a good shooter.

MTar786
12-30-2011, 10:55 PM
man this kid is proving all the haters wrong. he can ball. he is making all the PSD haters look so stupid (u know who u are).

he is going to be great

MTar786
12-30-2011, 10:58 PM

well he's def going to be better than john wall haha. its pretty clear u don't like rubio. so no one should take ur opinion even remotely serious.

MTar786
12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
damn rubio is balling against the heat too. 11 assists in 20 minutes loll insane. I even under estimated this kid. my guess preseason was that rubio would finish the year averaging 8-8-4 with 1.6 spg

tbone2171
12-30-2011, 11:12 PM
man this kid is proving all the haters wrong. he can ball. he is making all the PSD haters look so stupid (u know who u are).

he is going to be great

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hustlenomics
12-30-2011, 11:13 PM
is this gonna be the next guy to be overrated by PSD

Cubs Win
12-30-2011, 11:14 PM
is this gonna be the next guy to be overrated by PSD

Hater?

Rndy
12-30-2011, 11:18 PM
He's always hating because nobody talks about Ronda.

Hellcrooner
12-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Hater?

Nah iversoins nmerb 1 fan,.

no wonder he does nto like or understand at all a Pg that you know, is pass first.

Hustlenomics
12-30-2011, 11:21 PM
hater? ronda?

Lakers4life08
12-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Wow was very suprised when miami put Lebron on Rubio

Iodine
12-30-2011, 11:43 PM
No matter what you think of Rubio three games is nothing close to enough games to know

Stop calling people haters, that's just an excuse to not use logical arguments
Stop calling people homers, that just an excuse not to use logical arguments

and as much as it pains me to say, if they are "h8n" or being a homer, or flat out ignorant, ignore them.

I mean ****, when ****ing Iodine has to tell yall to calm down you know you ****ed up

FLWolvesFan
12-30-2011, 11:52 PM
He sure looked good tonight.

MTar786
12-30-2011, 11:52 PM
No matter what you think of Rubio three games is nothing close to enough games to know

Stop calling people haters, that's just an excuse to not use logical arguments
Stop calling people homers, that just an excuse not to use logical arguments

and as much as it pains me to say, if they are "h8n" or being a homer, or flat out ignorant, ignore them.

I mean ****, when ****ing Iodine has to tell yall to calm down you know you ****ed up

if you want to see calm people who are not in your face.. then go to a ballet forum or something. sports is all about getting excited and in your face etc..

MTar786
12-30-2011, 11:54 PM
He sure looked good tonight.

the most exciting 12 and 12 I've ever seen lol

Robbw241
12-30-2011, 11:55 PM
if you want to see calm people who are not in your face.. then go to a ballet forum or something. sports is all about getting excited and in your face etc..

Except we aren't playing sports. We are posting on an internet forum.

Iodine
12-30-2011, 11:56 PM

If I wanted to deal with people acting like children I would work in a day care.

Mr_Jones
12-30-2011, 11:56 PM

Stat line of ..

WTF? Hahaha

MTar786
12-31-2011, 12:02 AM

so i assume when your team wins a championship you throw a tea party?

Iodine
12-31-2011, 12:06 AM
so i assume when your team wins a championship you throw a tea party?

What does that have to do with being ignorant?

MTar786
12-31-2011, 12:10 AM

which is also a sports forum :facepalm:

VCaintdead17
12-31-2011, 04:16 AM

Ya bro **** maturity. Bball 4 lyfe!

MTar786
12-31-2011, 04:43 AM
Ya bro **** maturity. Bball 4 lyfe!

:hi5::rock::silly::dance::cheer::flag::moon::win: :jumpy:

thenetslegend
12-31-2011, 09:59 AM
best player in the nba

Hawkeye15
12-31-2011, 11:26 AM
anyways....

He has looked up and down, but very good so far. Its 3 games. But its obvious he will be a pretty good player. His court vision, passing, ball handling, poise, and ability to read are already elite. If he can just become more confident over time in his scoring, and get stronger, I don't see why he can't be a very, very good PG.

He has looked very impressive so far.

theheatles
12-31-2011, 11:33 AM
on top of rubio's nice stat line, he was playing some stingy d at times and trying to be as physical as possible to show he's not another ***** euro

WSU Tony
12-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Rubio has a big enough frame to pack on some weight, too. He's not some 6 foot pg, he's a tall kid.

His game doesn't revolve around physical play, if he wants to, he could have a productive NBA career for the next 20 years.

Hawkeye15
12-31-2011, 11:49 AM
I am already rethinking my stat line for his peak years.

WolvesJagsOs
12-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Also, I really think his shot is improved. I know he worked all offseason on it and people were saying he improved his shot quite a bit, but last night he was knocking them down. If he can even be decent shooting the ball, with his court vision and passing ability, along with being a decent rebounder for a PG, he is definitely going to be a very nice player. Obviously your doing something right on offense when they have to put LeBron on you.

Hellcrooner
12-31-2011, 12:01 PM
I am already rethinking my stat line for his peak years.

If he gets more confident with his shooting and specialy DRIVING IN ( he leaves too many oportunities unused on the pick and roll ) he may even get a nice scoring line too.

A prime of 15 ppg 13 Apg 5 Rpg 2 Spg.

Thats as good as it gets tlaking bout Pass first point guards.

Hellcrooner
12-31-2011, 12:03 PM
the not so known stat from yesterday.

He scored or assisted in 75% of the points Wolves got while he was on teh court.

also wolves were 9 points up the heat with him on the court.

Adelman stuck too much time with ridnour, they could have won teh game otherwise.

Hawkeye15
12-31-2011, 12:08 PM
If he gets more confident with his shooting and specialy DRIVING IN ( he leaves too many oportunities unused on the pick and roll ) he may even get a nice scoring line too.

A prime of 15 ppg 13 Apg 5 Rpg 2 Spg.

Thats as good as it gets tlaking bout Pass first point guards.

He appears to be a guy who can challenge for league leaders in triple doubles in his prime too.

I am really trying not to get ahead of myself, and not overreact to 3 games. But the kid is better than I thought he would be. He is going to be a very, very good PG.

Yankee Clipper
12-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Very impressed with Rubio so far. His passing and court vision are astounding already and at a young age he still has room to develop his shot and defensive skills.

thenetslegend
12-31-2011, 12:18 PM
Rubio has a big enough frame to pack on some weight, too. He's not some 6 foot pg, he's a tall kid.

His game doesn't revolve around physical play, if he wants to, he could have a productive NBA career for the next 20 years.

like nash, stockton, and kidd

NYtilIdie
12-31-2011, 12:29 PM

We're on an internet forum.

Hustlenomics
12-31-2011, 12:36 PM
on top of rubio's nice stat line, he was playing some stingy d at times and trying to be as physical as possible to show he's not another ***** euro

he let wade get a wide open layup for the game

WolvesJagsOs
12-31-2011, 12:42 PM
^Did you not see Bosh basically set a screen?

Foye
12-31-2011, 12:43 PM

Kyrie Irving missed a layup to win the game.

Rubio should've gone under the screen to stay in front of Wade, yeah, but he'll learn from it.

On top of it we gave up way in the paint to easily. Help defense failed there.

Hawkeye15
12-31-2011, 12:46 PM

Are you upset because he will be a better player than Rondo?

Honestly man, I have never seen you do anything but crap on any player not named Rondo or Iverson on this site. What is your problem?

That was a screen set, and Rubio got zero help. Didn't Wade pull the same play on your C's?

Becks2307
12-31-2011, 12:56 PM
either way he looks miles ahead of john wall atm

ramz.n
12-31-2011, 01:06 PM
either way he looks miles ahead of john wall atm

in the passing department..yes..but overall..hes not even close.

AI4MVP
12-31-2011, 01:07 PM
If you talked **** about him before, get off the bandwagon. I dont welcome you.

BGeer091
12-31-2011, 01:29 PM
If you talked **** about him before, get off the bandwagon. I dont welcome you.

I loved him before. My pillow is still wet from when I cried myself to sleep when the Knicks didn't get him lol

Mauer.400
12-31-2011, 02:01 PM
All the frustration and question marks that led up to Rubio finally coming to the NBA look well worth the wait. If you look at some youtube videos of what he did in Spain 2-3 years ago he is a much more developed and complete player. Adelman has to talk to Rubio about not being afraid to shoot, he can, he just looks for the pass first every time which only Nash does... you can't teach someone to pass first its an instinct.

Over time Rubio is going to have a successful time in the NBA and with the flaws in his game its apparent he is nowhere near his ceiling, that is the scary part.

Hellcrooner
12-31-2011, 02:19 PM

Lol, yeah yeah, a 21 rears old rookie, is supposed to hold a top 5 player with no help defense.

lol, some sore apples dude.

Wonder if you saw the heat TRIPLE teaming him and he still being able to dish assists.

he is the exact oposit of your Idols game.

Mmm where is him now btw?

lilchuckdoubles
12-31-2011, 02:35 PM
lol I'm not gona lie, I was really hoping that the kings would take rubio and then we would have a back court of flynn and evans. Rubio is the man though I'm glad we got him.

lakers4sho
12-31-2011, 02:54 PM
During that last play, there were 3 players converging on Wade but they didn't go at him hard enough and the man just flew up in the air and caught a great pass.

Becks2307
12-31-2011, 03:34 PM
in the passing department..yes..but overall..hes not even close.

maybe

but john wall looks pretty meh his season so far

27% FG
13ppg
6ast

what i love about rubio is that he knows when to take his shots
he is shooting 61% from the field and 66% from behind the arc.

AI4MVP
12-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Ricky Rubio will break multiple assist records. Go ahead and take your shooting point guards. I'd rather have my point guard get 10ppg and 15 apg then 24ppg 8 apg

5ass
12-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Ricky Rubio will break multiple assist records. Go ahead and take your shooting point guards. I'd rather have my point guard get 10ppg and 15 apg then 24ppg 8 apg

no doubt

lakers4sho
12-31-2011, 04:26 PM

quite a huge leap from AI to Rubio eh? :p

KB24PG16
12-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Irving for Cleveland has looked impressive as well in this young season

bigsams50
12-31-2011, 04:35 PM
I was a doubter. So far, Rubio is proving me wrong. Kid can flat out ball

thenetslegend
12-31-2011, 04:39 PM
20ppg 10rpg 20apg

Hawkeye15
12-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Irving for Cleveland has looked impressive as well in this young season

I haven't watched him play, but I am looking forward to it soon. May try and catch them soon.

Greet
12-31-2011, 05:01 PM
He looks like he'll be a poor mans Jason Kidd. Not quite as good as Kidd, well actually not close to Jason.

ramz.n
12-31-2011, 05:02 PM
maybe

but john wall looks pretty meh his season so far

27% FG
13ppg
6ast

what i love about rubio is that he knows when to take his shots
he is shooting 61% from the field and 66% from behind the arc.

its just a small sample size for wall, but I will agree..rubio's court vision and instincts are off the chart..I wish the raptors could have drafted him and have him eventually start over jose calderon..but the t'wolves shattered that dream.

DR_1
12-31-2011, 05:17 PM
I wasn't really a believer, I mean, I though he would be good, but so far he has WAY exceeded my expectations. The fact that the Heat were forced to put LeBron on him shows how much of a threat he is.

AI4MVP
12-31-2011, 05:26 PM

Ive been Rubio's biggest fan since he was 16 hahah I put AI because I'm short and play with alot of heart like AI

thenetslegend
12-31-2011, 05:36 PM
He looks like he'll be a poor mans Jason Kidd. Not quite as good as Kidd, well actually not close to Jason.

hater

Hawkeye15
12-31-2011, 05:44 PM
hater

he isn't hating, he is giving his opinion. Being called a poor man's Kidd isn't hating him. I honestly think he may have even better court vision than Kidd, but he isn't as strong, and is not the defender Kidd was early.

Iodine
12-31-2011, 05:49 PM
Why are we not talking about how amazing Rondo is right now?

Hawkeye15
12-31-2011, 05:58 PM

Rondo is so 2010 dude. Cmon.

Iodine
12-31-2011, 06:05 PM
Rondo is so 2010 dude. Cmon.

You know what isnt so 2010?

The insight bowl last night

Bismack's thoughts on Iowa
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i456/NuDirtyBastard/Hawkeye.png

Hawkeye15
12-31-2011, 06:07 PM
You know what isnt so 2010?

The insight bowl last night

Bismack's thoughts on Iowa
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i456/NuDirtyBastard/Hawkeye.png

That is so 12/30/11

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=313650275

That just happened 2 hours ago.

thenetslegend
12-31-2011, 06:16 PM

who??

NYtilIdie
12-31-2011, 06:17 PM

Yeah, first it was A.I., then Brandon Jennings and now Rubio. I wonder who's next on his list.

Greet
12-31-2011, 06:24 PM
he isn't hating, he is giving his opinion. Being called a poor man's Kidd isn't hating him. I honestly think he may have even better court vision than Kidd, but he isn't as strong, and is not the defender Kidd was early.

I agree. But even though Rubio has the court vision he still isn't quite on Kidd's passing level (When he was in his prime).

Being called a poor mans jason kidd is not an insult, that's an honor. Kidd is one of the greatest PGs to ever play the game.

Iodine
12-31-2011, 06:24 PM
That is so 12/30/11

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=313650275

That just happened 2 hours ago.

Bismacks thoughts are sitll the same

Hawkeye15
12-31-2011, 07:38 PM
I agree. But even though Rubio has the court vision he still isn't quite on Kidd's passing level (When he was in his prime).

Being called a poor mans jason kidd is not an insult, that's an honor. Kidd is one of the greatest PGs to ever play the game.

I think Rubio has the potential to be every bit the passer Kidd was, possibly better (he can make more unorthodox passes than Kidd could, which will open up even more lanes, though their court vision is similar). But Rubio also needs to understand when to make that risky pass and when not to. It will come.

thenetslegend
12-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah, first it was A.I., then Brandon Jennings and now Rubio. I wonder who's next on his list.

shumpert

Greet
12-31-2011, 08:05 PM
I think Rubio has the potential to be every bit the passer Kidd was, possibly better (he can make more unorthodox passes than Kidd could, which will open up even more lanes, though their court vision is similar). But Rubio also needs to understand when to make that risky pass and when not to. It will come.

I agree he has the potential. Like you said though he needs to understand. Kidd was one of (if not the) smartest PGs in the NBA. Plus he redefined the PG position defensively.

I might be a homer, but I'm probably the biggest Jason Kidd fan on this whole site.

Hawkeye15
12-31-2011, 08:49 PM
I agree he has the potential. Like you said though he needs to understand. Kidd was one of (if not the) smartest PGs in the NBA. Plus he redefined the PG position defensively.

I might be a homer, but I'm probably the biggest Jason Kidd fan on this whole site.

homer :)

Hellcrooner
12-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Good players make open shots.

Good players play into the allstar games ( at least a good amount of them aere indeed good players)

Rubio alwasy finds the open man ( or leaves his man open) with his passes.

Scary thought.

How many assits would Rubio Dish in 30 minutes in an All star game?

Birdmannn
12-31-2011, 09:27 PM
Good players make open shots.

Good players play into the allstar games ( at least a good amount of them aere indeed good players)

Rubio alwasy finds the open man ( or leaves his man open) with his passes.

Scary thought.

How many assits would Rubio Dish in 30 minutes in an All star game?

Better question is who cares?, its an all star game.

Greet
12-31-2011, 09:37 PM
homer :)

JKidd > Magic

AI4MVP
12-31-2011, 09:57 PM

nice. first you guys say hes a bust blah blah blah now that hes doing good all u can do is question my loyalty. i was his fan sicne he was a 16 year old kid. dont be pissed just because hes better than any point guard the knicks will ever have again

AI4MVP
12-31-2011, 10:00 PM
if Rubio averages atleast 30 mins per game, he will lead the league in assits. sig bet anyone?

Hellcrooner
12-31-2011, 10:01 PM
if Rubio averages atleast 30 mins per game, he will lead the league in assits. sig bet anyone?

not with beasley and tolliver shooting watermellons.

Hawkeye15
12-31-2011, 10:42 PM
not with beasley and tolliver shooting watermellons.

Tolliver is fine. Beasley......not so much

Hustlenomics
12-31-2011, 11:09 PM
Are you upset because he will be a better player than Rondo?

Honestly man, I have never seen you do anything but crap on any player not named Rondo or Iverson on this site. What is your problem?

That was a screen set, and Rubio got zero help. Didn't Wade pull the same play on your C's?

sorry but he's not better than Rondo unless Rubio wins a championship against him i have nothing be upset about

Lol, yeah yeah, a 21 rears old rookie, is supposed to hold a top 5 player with no help defense.

lol, some sore apples dude.

Wonder if you saw the heat TRIPLE teaming him and he still being able to dish assists.

he is the exact oposit of your Idols game.

Mmm where is him now btw?

ok so we can praise him but if you criticize him there's a problem now? :laugh:

SlimKid
01-01-2012, 12:15 AM
So Rondo won the title for the Celtics now.... I guess I watched a different team.. Oh well

Hustlenomics
01-01-2012, 12:38 AM
what? he didn't win a championship with the Celtics?

lakers4sho
01-01-2012, 02:39 AM
Ive been Rubio's biggest fan since he was 16 hahah I put AI because I'm short and play with alot of heart like AI

Yeah, I've followed Ricky since his days in Badalona along with Fernandez. I was awed by his passing ability even though he was raw back then [ more refined now, but still needs work ].

I've always liked players who can pass well...Magic, Stockton, Kidd. And then I saw this kid.

Hellcrooner
01-01-2012, 02:43 AM

Yep, Derek Fisher won one too with the lake...............hey know what? Make it FIVE rings he won with the lakers.

Hustlenomics
01-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Yep, Derek Fisher won one too with the lake...............hey know what? Make it FIVE rings he won with the lakers.

congrats to Fish

HuRRiCaNeS324
01-01-2012, 02:47 AM
So Rondo won the title for the Celtics now.... I guess I watched a different team.. Oh well

he was on the team

billsftw
01-01-2012, 03:34 AM

you can not have a championship and be better than Rondo :rolleyes:
theres a ****ing long list mate

SlimKid
01-01-2012, 03:40 AM

I never said he didn't win a ring, I was simply saying he wasn't the main reason.. but you know that;)

Hawkeye15
01-01-2012, 04:43 AM
sorry but he's not better than Rondo unless Rubio wins a championship against him i have nothing be upset about

You do realize teams win championships, not players, right? There are tons of guards over the years, many active, who are better than Rondo yet have never won a title.

AI4MVP
01-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Yeah, I've followed Ricky since his days in Badalona along with Fernandez. I was awed by his passing ability even though he was raw back then [ more refined now, but still needs work ].

I've always liked players who can pass well...Magic, Stockton, Kidd. And then I saw this kid.

We have the same taste my friend

Iodine
01-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Godjon Rondking needs more respect

blastmasta26
01-01-2012, 10:18 AM

The championship argument is only relevant in some contexts. This is not one of them.

Hustlenomics
01-01-2012, 01:16 PM
you can not have a championship and be better than Rondo :rolleyes:
theres a ****ing long list mate

didn't say that

I never said he didn't win a ring, I was simply saying he wasn't the main reason.. but you know that;)

21 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 6 steals in game 6 to close out the Lakers or lose in game 7. I Don't care if that's not enough to be a reason

You do realize teams win championships, not players, right? There are tons of guards over the years, many active, who are better than Rondo yet have never won a title.

I said he's not better than Rondo. which he clearly ISNT. And unless he beats Rondo in a championship i have nothing to be mad about

jericho
01-01-2012, 01:57 PM
didn't say that

21 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 6 steals in game 6 to close out the Lakers or lose in game 7. I Don't care if that's not enough to be a reason

I said he's not better than Rondo. which he clearly ISNT. And unless he beats Rondo in a championship i have nothing to be mad about

rondo is clearly better than rubio the kid has only played 3 or 4 games in the league we cant say that he is better than some 1 that has been doing it for a long time already and doing good
but rubio has the potential to be better than rondo and everybody is starting to see this he just needs to work on his jumpshot and a few other things and hell get there
now please just stop making the championship argument cuz thats irrelevant to this argument championchips are a team accomplishments not a single individual we have a lot of people that didnt win championchips that are way better than others that have won it
just a quick Q
is rondo better than stockton cuz rondo has 1 ring and stockton has 0

NYKalltheway
01-01-2012, 02:01 PM
funny how Rubio was not really good in Europe yet he impresses in the NBA... makes you wonder how bad the NBA has turned out when 20 years ago you had to be a European God to be at least appreciated in the NBA (Drazen Petrovic, Arvydas Sabonis, Sarunas Marciulionis and Toni Kukoc.. only)
Now you got guys like Diaw and Rubio :p
Decent players, but not really "godlike" on any continent.

AI4MVP
01-01-2012, 02:02 PM
rondo is clearly better than rubio the kid has only played 3 or 4 games in the league we cant say that he is better than some 1 that has been doing it for a long time already and doing good
but rubio has the potential to be better than rondo and everybody is starting to see this he just needs to work on his jumpshot and a few other things and hell get there
now please just stop making the championship argument cuz thats irrelevant to this argument championchips are a team accomplishments not a single individual we have a lot of people that didnt win championchips that are way better than others that have won it
just a quick Q

Although Rubios jumpshot is not great, its alot better than Rondo and from what I've seen so far its better than Rose's jump shot when he was a rookie.

AI4MVP
01-01-2012, 02:04 PM
didn't say that

worst ****ing argument ever. Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams are all clearly 100% better than Rondo and they havent beat him in championships either.

Hustlenomics
01-01-2012, 02:06 PM
just a quick Q

worst ****ing argument ever. Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Deron Williams are all clearly 100% better than Rondo and they havent beat him in championships either.

do you guys know how to read?

NYtilIdie
01-01-2012, 02:10 PM
nice. first you guys say hes a bust blah blah blah now that hes doing good all u can do is question my loyalty. i was his fan sicne he was a 16 year old kid. dont be pissed just because hes better than any point guard the knicks will ever have again

Yes, because I was clearly fuming in my post. I just hate the amount of dick riding you do, it makes me hate the players. I honestly really liked Jennings, but you ruined it for me by making claims he was better then CP3 and completely overrating him after one game.

Now you about to destroy Rubio for me, who I also like(d). I don't care if he plays for the Wolve's whatever team he plays for is going to be fun to watch, regardless if he's on the Knicks or not, so that "hez betta den da nikz pg" nonsense was irrelevant.

basketfan4life
01-01-2012, 02:10 PM
i don't know about how great his future would be, but that alley oop pass against miami was one of the best passes i have ever seen.

jericho
01-01-2012, 02:14 PM
do you guys know how to read?

yeah we do but thats your only argument
until he beats him for the championchip thats all you keep on saying
is it all of us that are wrong or is it you that keep posting the same dumb argument
now you learn how to read
C H A M P I O N C H I P S A R E I R R E L E V E N T I N T H I S A R G U M E N T
we are talking bout who is better and as of rite now is rondo BUT rubio can and will probably surpase him
he still has long ways to go tho

Iodine
01-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Yes, because I was clearly fuming in my post. I just hate the amount of dick riding you do, it makes me hate the players. I honestly really liked Jennings, but you ruined it for me by making claims he was better then CP3 and completely overrating him after one game.

Now you about to destroy Rubio for me, who I also like(d). I don't care if he plays for the Wolve's whatever team he plays for is going to be fun to watch, regardless if he's on the Knicks or not, so that "hez betta den da nikz pg" nonsense was irrelevant.

Why on earth are you trying to act reasonable?

Hawkeye15
01-01-2012, 02:16 PM
funny how Rubio was not really good in Europe yet he impresses in the NBA... makes you wonder how bad the NBA has turned out when 20 years ago you had to be a European God to be at least appreciated in the NBA (Drazen Petrovic, Arvydas Sabonis, Sarunas Marciulionis and Toni Kukoc.. only)

well, Rubio is meant for the more wide open NBA, not the system offenses run in Europe where they also crawl the ball up the floor in many cases. If given space, Rubio will play much better than in a compact offense.

Hawkeye15
01-01-2012, 02:18 PM

one person shouldn't do that to you. As long as the Wolves fanbase acts fine, just enjoy watching him play.

Hustlenomics
01-01-2012, 02:32 PM
yeah we do but thats your only argument
until he beats him for the championchip thats all you keep on saying
is it all of us that are wrong or is it you that keep posting the same dumb argument
now you learn how to read
C H A M P I O N C H I P S A R E I R R E L E V E N T I N T H I S A R G U M E N T
we are talking bout who is better and as of rite now is rondo BUT rubio can and will probably surpase him
he still has long ways to go tho

I'm not using championships as an argument stop crying

lakers4sho
01-01-2012, 02:35 PM

His strengths weren't utilized well with the teams he played with.

And comparing him to Petrovic, Marciulionis, and those other guys is unfair...they're on a whole different stratosphere.

lakers4sho
01-01-2012, 02:36 PM

not championships, championchips

jericho
01-01-2012, 02:42 PM

reread your post i think that every 1 will agree with it and plz "stop crying" thats the best you can do are you a lil kid i think you cld have done a lil bit better

not championships, championchips

lmao :facepalm: my bad

Hustlenomics
01-01-2012, 02:46 PM
reread your post i think that every 1 will agree with it and plz "stop crying" thats the best you can do are you a lil kid i think you cld have done a lil bit better

lmao :facepalm: my bad

i think you're the one that needs to read my post

Hellcrooner
01-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Lol.
He he has JUST LANDED in the league.

At this moment he is developing so he is not better than Rondo, or Paul , Or Deron, or Rose, or heck CALDERON ( i mean calderon starts for spain you know)?

The thing is the POTENTIAL IS THERE, he can be a top 10 pg by this time next year.
He can be a top 5 pg in 3 or 4 seasons.

Best pg when he reache shis prime ? that will be difficult but is not completely imposible

jericho
01-01-2012, 02:53 PM
i think you're the one that needs to read my post

then why has everybody else argue bout the same thing i aint the only 1 maybe your not writing it rite

jericho
01-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Lol.
He he has JUST LANDED in the league.

At this moment he is developing so he is not better than Rondo, or Paul , Or Deron, or Rose, or heck CALDERON ( i mean calderon starts for spain you know)?

The thing is the POTENTIAL IS THERE, he can be a top 10 pg by this time next year.
He can be a top 5 pg in 3 or 4 seasons.

Best pg when he reache shis prime ? that will be difficult but is not completely imposible

i completetly agree with you on this

Hustlenomics
01-01-2012, 02:56 PM
then why has everybody else argue bout the same thing i aint the only 1 maybe your not writing it rite

"unless Rubio beats rondo in a championship i have nothing to be mad about"

Hawkeye15
01-01-2012, 03:02 PM
omg guys. hustle said he has no dislike for Rubio until his team beats Rondo's team in a championship series, ie, "I don't have an opinion on him until his team beats mine for a chip".

Are we clear? Move on.

Hustlenomics
01-01-2012, 03:06 PM
omg guys. hustle said he has no dislike for Rubio until his team beats Rondo's team in a championship series, ie, "I don't have an opinion on him until his team beats mine for a chip".

Are we clear? Move on.

you guys love putting words in others mouths

jericho
01-01-2012, 03:08 PM
"unless Rubio beats rondo in a championship i have nothing to be mad about"

just ask anybody else cuz your just making my point for me i know what your trying to say i get it but for the 10000 time championship is a team accomplishment we all know rondo is better rite now but you dont have to use the word championship to prove your point cuz again it aint valid
thats why i have kept on arguing with you bout it besides i love to argue so i aint going to stop till i get bored lol

1 on 1 rondo is better
defensively rondo is better
in everything rondo is better
we cant compare a guy that just started in the league against some 1 that has been here for a while and doing good while playing but the potential is there and he can be really good

Hawkeye15
01-01-2012, 03:11 PM
you guys love putting words in others mouths

I was clearing up your attempted point, since you didn't care to.

You are one of the most standoffish posters here man. Really don't get it.

WSU Tony
01-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Hustle has added absolutely nothing to this thread nor had he even made a clear argument. Why post if you have nothing to say or don't even have an opinion?

MTar786
01-01-2012, 06:42 PM

overall maybe not.. but i think he'll be a better passer. and thats huge when you say someone will be a better passer than jason kid

AddiX
01-01-2012, 08:58 PM
overall maybe not.. but i think he'll be a better passer. and thats huge when you say someone will be a better passer than jason kid

Far to early to say something like that. Your talking an all time great passer, maybe the best.

Gram
01-01-2012, 09:02 PM
I was clearing up your attempted point, since you didn't care to.

You are one of the most standoffish posters here man. Really don't get it.

What do you think of me Hawkeye? ;)

Hawkeye15
01-01-2012, 09:16 PM
What do you think of me Hawkeye? ;)

haha, well, we have had a couple of debates, but I enjoy reading your posts.

Gram
01-01-2012, 09:25 PM
haha, well, we have had a couple of debates, but I enjoy reading your posts.

I appreciate your honesty my friend. ;)

Hellcrooner
01-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Havign a bad game today.
Enter haters....

John Walls Era
01-01-2012, 09:55 PM

Either you're overrating his potential, or you're underrating Kidd.

Korman12
01-01-2012, 10:22 PM
I like em

Sota4Ever
01-01-2012, 10:27 PM
How can anyone hate Rubio?

John Walls Era
01-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Crooner with the last laugh.... at least for tonight.

Hellcrooner
01-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Crooner with the last laugh.... at least for tonight.

I couldnt care less for games.

he has a 15 year career in front of him, there probably wotn be a psd when its over.

Of course you can rejoice all you want when he has a bad game, wich is bound to happen, you know rookie wall and all that.

TEH THING IS HE IS PROVING THE HATERS WRONG on a daily basis.

He is even shooting well.
So go figure.

DW3421
01-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Ruuuuuuuubioooooooooooooooooo!

jpagemn
01-01-2012, 10:54 PM
I think, so far, all we can say about Rubio is he is living up to the expectation of his fanbase, and starting to disprove some of the "bust" talk. The discussions about where he ranks, in my opinion, are more than a bit premature, and unfair.

Ill tell you this: he's as fun to watch as any PG i can remember. He also adds wome much needed flash to support the flawless but Tim Duncanesque play of Kevin Love.

NYtilIdie
01-01-2012, 10:54 PM
I couldnt care less for games.

he has a 15 year career in front of him, there probably wotn be a psd when its over.

Of course you can rejoice all you want when he has a bad game, wich is bound to happen, you know rookie wall and all that.

TEH THING IS HE IS PROVING THE HATERS WRONG on a daily basis.

He is even shooting well.
So go figure.

Who is hating? :laugh2: Get over yourself dude, nobody in this thread is hating on him. JWE hasn't said one bad thing about Rubio, he just needs more time to judge him and not overreacting like you are after 4 games.

WSU Tony
01-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Who is hating? :laugh2: Get over yourself dude, nobody in this thread is hating on him. JWE hasn't said one bad thing about Rubio, he just needs more time to judge him and not overreacting like you are after 4 games.

Didn't the knicks want rubio? Kind of funny.I guarantee you would be over reacting right now if he was a knick.

NYtilIdie
01-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Didn't the knicks want rubio? Kind of funny.I guarantee you would be over reacting right now if he was a knick.

Oh do you now? Yes, I was doing kick flips and backflips when Iman had a great first game against the Nets in the preseason. I also changed my religious views and started praying to Gallinari when he set a career high of 31 pts against the Celtics in 09, I then went onto claim he was the next Dirk right after.

Is that enough overreaction for your ***?

WolvesJagsOs
01-01-2012, 11:09 PM

No, they would be staying calm, collective, and wait it out to judge him. What are you talking about? :eyebrow:

AddiX
01-02-2012, 12:02 AM
All fans over reach on there expectations, but that doesmt change tje fact that saying Rubio will be as good a passer as Kidd is way to premature to call. I've liked what I've seen from Rubio AT TIMES.

But there are a lot of weaknesses I can Pick apart too.

dusha64
01-02-2012, 12:12 AM
One thing I think Rubio's success depends upon is his chemistry with specific players on his team. No players on the Wolves outside of maybe Love and Rubio are sure bets to stay for a while (with continued success of course) and whether or not he can rise to the next level will depend on his ability to really gel with the rest of his team. Rubio's great. Love's great. Have them on the same page and this team could be very hard to stop.

Iodine
01-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Spains Zac Efron is good at basketball

Hellcrooner
01-02-2012, 12:55 AM
:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whis tle::whistle::whistle:

4 games, 17 minutes per game, 2.2 ppg, 1.5 apg with Gasols and so many good players on the roster.. This is the guy, who saves the TWolves?

watch him be a huge bust hahahha

they might be worse...not sure if Rubio is better than Ridnour at this point

Rubio is slow and can't shoot. Bust at best.

rubios too flashy for his own good. turnovers and 35% sound like a lock

i dont like him.. his averaging 6.5 points and 4 assists in europe.. i think his going to be a huge bust

They should trade this kid while the hype is high.

...and no i don't want him with the lakers even though lakers need yound pg

still garbage, no offense, and i think rubio will turn out to be a huge bust

Bout time. It will be fun seeing him get crossed over.

rubio is going to be pure garbage

Waste of a pick, guaranteed.

this kid seems like a real tool, he's already making it sound like he's going to leave in his interviews after his 4 years.... the Wolves cant catch a break

Rubio was best riding the bench.

He's a starter now, he's just shown he can't handle the pressure.

Being the 3rd PG off the bench after Ridnour and Flynn would probably be best for him.

(posted this in the other Rubio topic)

Ricky Rubio is a victim of hype...I never bought into him and I don't now....this is the first time I looked up his stat, they don't prove me wrong.

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=LFW

Sebastian Telfair 2.0

Rubio in Euroleague: 6.5 pts 31% FG% 22% 3p% 3.6 ast
Irving in the NCAA: 17.5 pts 53% FG% 46% 3P% 4.3 ast

Stats indicate how broken his jumpshot is.

But he doesn't have some intangibles, such as playing defense like this:
http://imgur.com/o7OdG.gif

still think he blows

Its a friendly game. He played well move on. I still don't think he proved the haters wrong.

I feel pretty bad for Ricky Rubio considering he could be a very good player in the NBA and still not live up to the ridiculous expectations placed upon him by the major media and a large number of fans in too great a hurry to label him a bust. Rubio could average 15/5/10 his first season in the NBA and someone would say he underachieved.

Rubio shot 27.5 percent for the tournament, missed 13 of 15 3-pointers, and averaged just 5 points and 5.7 assists per game. (Via Bill Simmons)

Stats don't lie. I'm not impressed.

He couldn't lead his team past average teams in Fiba. I'm not impressed either. He might be a poor man's rondo (without the rebounding) in the NBA.

What does his 4 points on 27% shooting translate to? 2 points on 15% in the NBA?

Scooby doobie doo, where are you?

Hellcrooner
01-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Okay, so... Rubio didn't exactly have a great tournament. Have there been any major shifts in opinion regarding how seamlessly his transition to the NBA will be? Is anyone rethinking their "15/5/10" type predictions?

I'm not that impressed.

Hellcrooner: Cool, hell shut you up in 365 days

OK. No real comment as to why? No attempt to defend his abysmal shooting percentages?

Alrighty then!

This convo deserves it own post :D

Where are you dude?

Iodine
01-02-2012, 12:59 AM
It's creepy how you had all of that, just saying

WolvesJagsOs
01-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Thats fun to look back at crooner, not gonna lie. I definitely remember reading all of it.

NYtilIdie
01-02-2012, 01:06 AM
You're really going overboard now, since when is a stat line of 14-7 and 4 TO's worth all of this? Yes, he let you guys keep the lead, but damn he didn't drop a triple-double in the process. At least AI made that dumbass Jennings thread after his 56 pt game.

Again, I like Rubio and enjoy what he's doing right now in Minny, but you're seriously going overboard over an average game.

Hellcrooner
01-02-2012, 01:15 AM

that comes just from 3 threads in 15 minutes watching.

if i went to check the other 20 threads of the past out rubio the post could be epic ( and epic failness).

starting with all the " rubio doe snot want to play for wolves" blind stupidity from people that didnt understand the buy out situation.

Cfrey
01-02-2012, 02:20 AM
You're really going overboard now, since when is a stat line of 14-7 and 4 TO's worth all of this? Yes, he let you guys keep the lead, but damn he didn't drop a triple-double in the process. At least AI made that dumbass Jennings thread after his 56 pt game.

Again, I like Rubio and enjoy what he's doing right now in Minny, but you're seriously going overboard over an average game.

Are you serious?? How about you look at his stat line from the fourth quarter in all the games.. then that will tell you something..

How could you not be impressed with a rookie who still isn't getting the minutes he deserves but is putting up great numbers and putting the team in a better position to win games. The dude is unreal. You obviously have probably only seen highlights but since I get to watch them it's obvious that when he is on the floor the Timberwolves are a 10x better team. And thats just the truth.

Gagan136
01-02-2012, 02:50 AM
Unreal passer.. will be great someday, he reminds me of J kidd

lakers4sho
01-02-2012, 03:46 AM

Just like JB, he's got his stuff ready to be copied and pasted anytime. He's as dedicated to his Spanish Armada as JB is to T-Mac.

Becks2307
01-02-2012, 04:02 AM
anyway did u guys see his NBA TV interview? this guy has his head on his shoulders.
Watch him be better than wall, and i loveee john wall.

John Walls Era
01-02-2012, 05:12 AM
Just to point out: Brandon Jennings had as good a game as Rubio had today in his first game as a pro... :whistle:

D1JM
01-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Just to point out: Brandon Jennings had as good a game as Rubio had today in his first game as a pro... :whistle:

I remember that especially people claiming he was 56 times better than rose after 1 game :laugh2:

John Walls Era
01-02-2012, 11:09 AM
I remember that especially people claiming he was 56 times better than rose after 1 game :laugh2:

no one claimed that, stop making everything about Rose.

Everyone said jennings is still an inefficient chucker, which he is.

Hellcrooner
01-02-2012, 11:31 AM

Does jennings have a cucumber between his ears?

Rubes has a brain instead.

Becks2307
01-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Does jennings have a cucumber between his ears?

Rubes has a brain instead.

to be fair jennings look a lot better after a horror season last year

Hawkeye15
01-02-2012, 12:32 PM

oh there is some major overreaction going on, but when you watch him play, you will get it. Defenses are so confused, and load up on him. All the Wolves have to do is hit open shots when he is in.

He has shown that Kidd like ability to have an average stat line, but make everyone around him overachieve in this young season. He needs to cut down on the turnovers big time, but the potential is there to be a great PG.

4 games in. I will reserve my overall judgement until midseason on the kid.

Lakers4life08
01-02-2012, 12:37 PM
he needs to play 35+ minutes every game and Wolves will have more wins and Rubio will have something like 12 points 10 assists and 5 rebounds every game

Faneik
01-02-2012, 01:38 PM
I live next door to spain. Rubio is known since he was 15.

Because of this game, from his wiki:
"In August 2006, Rubio led the rising junior Spanish national team to the FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship. During the tournament Rubio achieved two triple-doubles and a quadruple-double. In the 110–106 double overtime finale victory over Russia, Rubio scored 51 points, the first player to do so in FIBA tournaments since Luol Deng (in 2001), grabbed 24 rebounds, made 12 assists, and stole the ball 7 times—a performance unprecedented in the tournament's history. He also forced the first overtime with a three-point, buzzer-beating shot from mid-court. Rubio was subsequently named the Most Valuable Player of the tournament after leading it in points, rebounds, assists and steals."

Lots of kids show a lot of potential and then don't live up to it. After Beijing 2008 those questions were answered.

I agree with 'Crooner. He is Kidd'esque. Likes fast tempo/fast breaks, very active on defense, gets lots of boards and steals.

Team mates say they like to play with him. If he somehow, with hardwork, can improve his long range shooting, he will be a top NBA PG by his 3rd/4th year.

EDIT: Rubio's miracle shot to force 1st overtime --> 1:04:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB3Jrswj4x0

NYtilIdie
01-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Are you serious?? How about you look at his stat line from the fourth quarter in all the games.. then that will tell you something..

How could you not be impressed with a rookie who still isn't getting the minutes he deserves but is putting up great numbers and putting the team in a better position to win games. The dude is unreal. You obviously have probably only seen highlights but since I get to watch them it's obvious that when he is on the floor the Timberwolves are a 10x better team. And thats just the truth.

When did I say I wasn't impressed by him? I like what he's doing in Minny right now, they're a fun team to watch and he's doing what people expected him to do and thats turn the T'Wolves around, he was labeled the PG of the future for a reason. I just feel people are overreacting after 4 games, I don't hate this kid why do people keep assuming I do?

Awww, doesn't that make you special! See, I'm not sure if you know this, but there's a thing called NBA League Pass which is currently giving me a free trial, so I can watch any basketball game I want, regardless of where I live. So this gives me the ability to watch the Timberwolves games and watch yesterdays game against the Mavs.

VCaintdead17
01-02-2012, 02:56 PM
oh there is some major overreaction going on, but when you watch him play, you will get it. Defenses are so confused, and load up on him.

I've noticed that. He REALLY confuses defenses. It even seems like sometimes they're intimidated by him when he has the ball.

NYtilIdie
01-02-2012, 02:58 PM
He faked the hell outta Vincanity yesterday.

SeoulBeatz
01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Gotta love Ricky Rubio.

Really reminds me of Nash the way he drives and kicks the ball. Has that euro-flair to his game which is translating surprisingly well so far in the NBA.

He'll work wonders for that team. They should really trade Beasley or DWill for a LEGIT C. Then Minny would be complete.

thenetslegend
01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Gotta love Ricky Rubio.

Really reminds me of Nash the way he drives and kicks the ball. Has that euro-flair to his game which is translating surprisingly well so far in the NBA.

He'll work wonders for that team. They should really trade Beasley or DWill for a LEGIT C. Then Minny would be complete.

they need cousins

WolvesJagsOs
01-02-2012, 03:08 PM
I like the young core of DWill, Rubio, and Klove. Everyone else imo is fair game. DWill has been very productive off the bench for us in very limited minutes. I dont want to see us trade him.

Hawkeye15
Gotta love Ricky Rubio.

SG is our first need. Or anything on the wings that doesn't suck that can start.

Iodine
Just like JB, he's got his stuff ready to be copied and pasted anytime. He's as dedicated to his Spanish Armada as JB is to T-Mac.

Let's not underestimate TMac's agent here. I'm pretty sure whenever any the the words: TMac, Tracy, Mac, McGrady, Knee, What if, injury, t, best, are in a post JB gets 25 emails

Iodine
01-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Also we ****ing suck at nicknames guys
I mean come on 2 dwills?
We're better than that

twin4life
01-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Also we ****ing suck at nicknames guys
I mean come on 2 dwills?
We're better than that

LOL so true

Dee_Edge
01-02-2012, 03:41 PM
I really like this kid...it's a bit surprising really.
...he's even shooting the ball well.
...I'm sure too, he's never had teammates fill the lanes quite like NBA players do.

Hellcrooner
01-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Btw while we are at it mark this name on your Books.

Jonathan Barreiro

14 years old 6,7 ( expected to become 6,9 or 6,10)

Plays POINT GUARD!!!!!!!!

All the biggest clubs in spain fighting each other to sign him for youth academy.

basketfan4life
01-02-2012, 04:18 PM
for the first time since garnetts's mvp year, i watched a wolves game not because of their opponent, that says a lot.

sb123
01-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I gotta admit, I am looking forward to seeing the Wolves on the tube with this kid.

He reminds me more so of Maravich.

kobebabe
01-02-2012, 07:21 PM
He has been great so far and making some insane passes. He will be more like JK and i can't wait to see him develop!

thekmp211
01-02-2012, 07:25 PM
ridnour is nice but they should flip him and some of their other pieces for a decent center. let rubio start with barea off the bench. it will benefit them in the long-run, and he makes the players around him better. that team really benefits from a pass-first pg.

i'm ninja editing because ridnour looked great tonight. he might be the better compliment for rubio. the wolves are going to be really feisty this year, i love it.

Iodine
01-02-2012, 07:30 PM
I gotta admit, I am looking forward to seeing the Wolves on the tube with this kid.

He reminds me more so of Maravich.

Since when did rubio become a horrible chucker and ball stopper?

lakers4sho
01-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Let's not underestimate TMac's agent here. I'm pretty sure whenever any the the words: TMac, Tracy, Mac, McGrady, Knee, What if, injury, t, best, are in a post JB gets 25 emails

so wait that's...225 emails right there just with your post...

oh wait actually double that since I quoted it...

Hellcrooner
01-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Reall cool breakdown on rubio's impact so far. Wolves are much more efficient with him in the court.

http://www.nba.com/statscube/team-vs-player.html#Timberwolves-vs-Ricky-Rubio|1610612750,201937;year=201112;season=r.

iggypop123
01-03-2012, 02:55 AM
lol after seeing the mavs highlight i spotted some interesting fans. cannot beleive i did not spot this live

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/dumbdumber1.jpg

John Walls Era
01-03-2012, 05:06 AM
Please don't tell me everyone was impressed with this last game.

natelpete
01-03-2012, 05:23 AM

didn't get to see it, but it looks like he didn't get many minutes.. didn't put up awesome numbers either, but he had some nice highlights

TomTerrific
01-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Loving Rubiiioooo! Finally glad to be a Wolves fan.

Hellcrooner
01-03-2012, 10:03 AM

ignoring this , arent you?

http://www.nba.com/statscube/team-vs-player.html#Timberwolves-vs-Ricky-Rubio|1610612750,201937;year=201112;season=r

Hawkeye15
01-03-2012, 10:07 AM

http://www.nba.com/statscube/team-vs-player.html#Timberwolves-vs-Ricky-Rubio|1610612750,201937;year=201112;season=r

Rubio's effect is seen with the way his team simply plays better with him on the floor, nearly every minute he plays.

NYKalltheway
01-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Rubio's effect is seen with the way his team simply plays better with him on the floor, nearly every minute he plays.

but does he have the STATS to prove it?

:p

Hawkeye15
01-03-2012, 10:20 AM
but does he have the STATS to prove it?

I know you were as hard on him as anyone (and I don't fault you for that, so this is not criticism), but what do you think so far?

His stats are actually not bad at all.

12-8.5-5 per 36 minutes. 16.6 PER, 114 Offrtg, 0.166 WS/48, 64.2 TS%.

Pretty damn solid for a rookie.

Greet
01-03-2012, 10:21 AM

I would spend my time to look it up, but since you can do it I'll ask you. What's his +/- look like (I know it's a BS stat, but still)

Greet
01-03-2012, 10:22 AM
I know you were as hard on him as anyone (and I don't fault you for that, so this is not criticism), but what do you think so far?

His stats are actually not bad at all.

12-8.5-5 per 36 minutes. 16.6 PER, 114 Offrtg, 0.166 WS/48, 64.2 TS%.

Pretty damn solid for a rookie.

It's still a small sample size. Not as good as Marshon Brooks etc.

cwilson21
01-03-2012, 02:27 PM
It's still a small sample size. Not as good as Marshon Brooks etc.

Same exact WS/48 as Marshon.

John Walls Era
01-03-2012, 02:31 PM

Small sample size. Could be skewed based on what other players hes playing against (bench players).

Hawkeye15
01-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Small sample size. Could be skewed based on what other players hes playing against (bench players).

He has played every minute of the 4th against OKC, Miami, Dallas, and San Antonio. The competition he gone against is just fine.

Sota4Ever
01-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Rubio sucks marshon brooks is better.

Chronz
01-03-2012, 02:50 PM
If theres a combo stat I would think Rubio could potentially shine in, I would think of +/-. So far they are pretty strong but its because of the teams defensive success, their offense is actually worse with him on the floor based on raw tallies. +/- is useless this early.

Iodine
01-03-2012, 02:54 PM
I only value +\- on a season to season basis to get a general feel lol

Hawkeye15
01-03-2012, 03:02 PM
I only value +\- on a season to season basis to get a general feel lol

I only value a stat that proves my point or shows me my favorite player is good. Any negative stat is flawed.

(Spoken like a true NBA forum poster)

AddiX
01-03-2012, 04:41 PM
I only value a stat that proves my point or shows me my favorite player is good. Any negative stat is flawed.

Maybe the best post ever.:clap:

NYKalltheway
01-03-2012, 04:47 PM

stats are for baseball fans