PDA

View Full Version : Curry to be out for the Knick's Game

iFYouSeekAmy
12-27-2011, 03:33 PM
X-rays late Monday were negative on the surgically repaired right ankle of Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry, who scored 21 points in the 99-91 win against the Chicago Bulls.

But Curry will sit out Wednesday's home game against the New York Knicks, according to his agent, Lance Young, who was at Monday's game.

Curry tweaked the ankle midway through the fourth quarter Monday, landing on the foot of Chicago's Kyle Korver. Curry also had 10 assists, seven rebounds and six steals playing opposite MVP Derrick Rose in the first victory for rookie Golden State coach Mark Jackson.

Young said Curry, who also hurt the ankle in preseason and missed three practices, doesn't want to chance further injury.

"They did X-Rays last night. Everything's fine. It's ok," Young said. "It's just a sprain. Nothing serious.

"With this shortened season and back-to backs, for him to be able to get four days of rest and get ready for Saturday (against the Philadelphia 76ers), he thought that (sitting out Wednesday) probably would be the right thing."

Curry, after Monday's game, tried to put the best spin on the condition of his ankle.

"It was comforting for me that it wasn't one of those just planting and moving kind of injuries like I had" injuring it last week in preseason, Curry said.

"It's still frustrating that this keeps coming up. I had this all last year so for me it's just trying to figure out why it keeps doing that and try to get it stronger."
Link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2011-12-27/X-rays-negative-on-ankle-but-Warriors-Curry-to-miss-a-game/52242148/1)

rocketman0621
12-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Good move. If there's a game to miss, this would be it. Knicks don't have a dominant pg anyway. Jenkins or Ish can handle Toney Douglas or Bibby or JLin for that matter.

likemystylez
12-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Good move. If there's a game to miss, this would be it. Knicks don't have a dominant pg anyway. Jenkins or Ish can handle Toney Douglas or Bibby or JLin for that matter.

I think its important for him to be out there for the knicks game because we need to have an advantage at the PG. Im not sure if your aware of it but the knicks will have a serious advantage up front. Also its not a good idea to risk going 1-2 at home, the team really needs to take care of home games.

Also getting into the habbit of sitting out games is not good for a team that has players that historically tend to sit out a lot anyways for minor injuries.

lol, please
12-27-2011, 04:57 PM
I would definitely feel more confident with Curry out there, but if it's for the best, sit him. I have faith in Rush stepping up huge.

dayreezy
12-27-2011, 06:02 PM
id rather (if it happens) take the lose then him risk further damage to an already sensitive ankle.... we all seen what happens when he comes back to soon... have faith in the team to get it done, and get that ankle healed..

Public Enemy #1
12-27-2011, 06:15 PM
For the best, they need to let him rest and recover. Short term, it will probably cost the Warriors a win, long term is that he will be healthy and not suffer any career ending injuries.

Monta is beast
12-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Curry's XRays were negative. He's getting an MRI now. @Warriors say Curry is not ruled out for Weds

http://twitter.com/#!/gswscribe

Monta is beast
12-27-2011, 06:26 PM
But I hope he does sit this one out. I think we can still win this one without him. Ellis has been playing like a PG this season, so I don't think ball movement will be a problem.

asandhu23
12-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Monta will boss.

Monta is beast
12-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Monta will boss.

This. If Curry doesn't play I'm thinking he goes for 30 & 10. Ellis always shows up when we really need him, and he has been looking to get other involved this year.

BKLYNpigeon
12-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Curry's ankle is going to bother him all season long. Sucks.

Monta is beast
12-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Curry's ankle is going to bother him all season long. Sucks.

Well he's going to get 5 days off before the 76ers game, so that should be plenty of time to heel it. This injury actually looked like he rolled it, rather then just planting it. Which is a good sign.

haggis
12-27-2011, 06:46 PM
That looked bad on the replay last night, rolled it real hard. Good to hear it's not severely damaged.

That high pick and roll absolutely raped the Bulls last night, Curry was lights out.

Monta is beast
12-27-2011, 06:48 PM
That looked bad on the replay last night, rolled it real hard. Good to hear it's not severely damaged.

That high pick and roll absolutely raped the Bulls last night, Curry was lights out.

How much better defensively do we look?

Lloyd Christmas
12-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Curry at least looked like he could still play after last nights injury. I have a feeling he will play on Wed.

Monta is beast
12-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Curry at least looked like he could still play after last nights injury. I have a feeling he will play on Wed.

Marcus Thompson said a decision hasn't been made yet. So there's still a chance.

BKLYNpigeon
12-27-2011, 08:09 PM
I dont care when Curry can play again, I just want him to be 100% Healthy so this doesnt happen so easily again. maybe he should invest in the new Kobe shoes, comes with extra support.

Monta is beast
12-27-2011, 08:15 PM
I dont care when Curry can play again, I just want him to be 100% Healthy so this doesnt happen so easily again. maybe he should invest in the new Kobe shoes, comes with extra support.

It's the surgery that made the problem worse in my opinion. With the lockout causing a 7 month break from basketball, he could have fully healed his ankle without surgery. But when he had surgery, the ligaments tightened so much, that any little strain will not allow Curry to put weight on the ankle. He needs to get fully healthy, & invest in some high tops.

BKLYNpigeon
12-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Ankles still roll in High Tops.

BrandoCommando
12-27-2011, 08:58 PM
I'd rather him sit. I think we can pull out a win without Curry vs the Knicks.

robbnen#31
12-27-2011, 09:04 PM
I hope he can play but this roll did look worse than the one during the preseason game.

likemystylez
12-27-2011, 11:28 PM
It's the surgery that made the problem worse in my opinion. With the lockout causing a 7 month break from basketball, he could have fully healed his ankle without surgery. But when he had surgery, the ligaments tightened so much, that any little strain will not allow Curry to put weight on the ankle. He needs to get fully healthy, & invest in some high tops.

ehhh i dont know... the one in pre season was kind of awkward... but last night was a classic roll of the ankle. The only bright side is he didnt come straight down on it... he rolled it in stride. Either way though- last nights roll would have been a problem for basically any nba player. He didnt hurt himself against the bulls because of past surgerys... he really did roll it over. LOL curry has kind of bad luck. I personally thought he should have tried to get to the other side of the rim on korver because I dont think korver would have been able to move to his left fast enough..... but LOL theres no way anyone can anticipate a roll like that at full speed

MackShock
12-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Warriors record tomorrow night 1-2. Unless we start brandon rush and he can be a pest to toney douglas

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
12-28-2011, 01:30 AM
I hope he can play but this roll did look worse than the one during the preseason game.

Kinda funny since the one in the preseason seemed to cause wayyy more pain, personally I think the surgery made it worse because he couldn't have the surgery through Warriors supervision and his rehab wasn't through Warriors supervision either so know telling if it actually fixed the problem.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-28-2011, 01:38 AM
curry will play tomorrow, as he should this game is going to be entertaining

Monta is beast
12-28-2011, 02:40 AM
curry will play tomorrow, as he should this game is going to be entertaining

How do you know he will play?

MackShock
12-28-2011, 02:59 AM

What is it, the new black mamba cobra shoes