PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Jackson admits to giving up on Bobcats after Wallace trade

spreadeagle
12-27-2011, 06:04 AM
Bobcats fans are going to just read this nod in agreement. Bobcats front office members, too.

Stephen Jackson admitted last season when Charlotte traded Gerald Wallace to Portland he pretty much mentally checked out from the Bobcats. Here are the quotes, via Rock Bonnell at the Charlotte Observer.

“When Gerald left, I really left,’’ Jackson said at morning shootaround at Time Warner Cable Arena.

“Considering what we did (getting to) the playoffs, and then all those changes. To take Gerald away really took a lot out of me. I still was trying to do my job as best I can, but it was a lot harder. When they got rid of Gerald, that let me know they didn’t want to win. I didn’t want to be part of a place like that.’’

Wallace was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks on draft night. With Milwaukee he’s going to be asked to create shots and provide scoring from the wing for the team that had the worst offense in the NBA last season.

Which is one way of saying expect Jackson to try to take over the game and put up 40 on the Bobcats tonight.

But reading his quotes — and knowing how Jackson wants his contract extended two years — has to make Bucks fans a little uneasy. And after all the bad luck that franchise has had the last couple years, the fans are pretty uneasy anyway.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/26/stephen-jackson-admits-he-checked-out-after-wallace-trade/

Toxeryll
12-27-2011, 06:05 AM
i think he made a similar statement a while back

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2011, 06:09 AM
When you regress like that, it is pretty hard.

Expect success from a borderline playoff team while trading away their best player? Good luck with that.

Public Enemy #1
12-27-2011, 06:35 AM
Understandable... But Jackson complains a lot. Being a huge Warriors fan, he gave a great couple of years to the team, after Davis left, he changed and eventually talked his way out of town. Good player and teammate, should be on a contender, not a rebuilding/young team.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2011, 06:40 AM
Understandable... But Jackson complains a lot. Being a huge Warriors fan, he gave a great couple of years to the team, after Davis left, he changed and eventually talked his way out of town. Good player and teammate, should be on a contender, not a rebuilding/young team.

This. He's a diva. If he isn't in a great situation, he becomes a complete douche. There's other people in your situation. They suck it up. Why can't you?

John Walls Era
12-27-2011, 07:21 AM
This. He's a diva. If he isn't in a great situation, he becomes a complete douche. There's other people in your situation. They suck it up. Why can't you?

Because he doesn't suck and hes not a "young guy". A starting lineup of: Kwame, Diaw, him, Gerald Henderson and Augustine isn't exactly appealing after just making the playoffs the previous year. Augustin and Henderson might be good, but they are still too young to get the Bobcats anywhere [last year].

Players complain and giveup all the time, most just don't come out and say it.

PS: I'd give up too if Jordan was the owner... G.O.A.T. as a player, but the worst decision maker ever (team moves).

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Because he doesn't suck and hes not a "young guy". A starting lineup of: Kwame, Diaw, him, Gerald Henderson and Augustine isn't exactly appealing after just making the playoffs the previous year. Augustin and Henderson might be good, but they are still too young to get the Bobcats anywhere [last year].

PS: I'd give up too if Jordan was the owner... G.O.A.T. as a player, but the worst decision maker ever (team moves).

There are plenty of veterans who play on **** team. I understand that he is in a bad position. But it doesn't mean he has a right to *****.

Corey
12-27-2011, 10:15 AM
He didn't '*****', per say, he just mentally checked out.

The FO wanted to suck for a better draft pick anyways, so I doubt they really wanted him to go out and drop 30 every night.

netsgiantsyanks
12-27-2011, 10:58 AM

he said suck it up, you know as in get over it.