PDA

View Full Version : New Pacific division champion??

mdm692
12-27-2011, 01:58 AM
Well its no secret that the Nash led suns are no longer the same potent offense that led them to 3 WCF and a year in year out candidate to win them all. 6 hours away are the lakers who have their own share of problems and lack the depth that once made them the most feared team in the NBA.e

In comes the new look clippers and their superstar pf Blake Griffin. The clippers have rebuilt nicely these past couple years with griffin, jordan, bledsoe, and now cp3 along with fa acquisitions butler and billups.

Up in the bay are the warriors also have build a nice team together with curry, lee, and ellis. They havent made any big name acquisitions but they have descent depth and some versatile bigs.

Not to be forgotten the kings have drafted a couple players who seems to be superstars in the making in evans and cousins. And for some reason they thought they needed to keep adding bigs this offseason and did so successfully in jj hickson. Dont count out jimmermania either.

So I ask is this the year that someone else finally ends the Lakers/Suns pacific division dominance? If so who?

asandhu23
12-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Warriors.

49erGiantLaker
12-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Warriors.

Agreed

utl768
12-27-2011, 02:16 AM
clippers>warriors

Wrigheyes4MVP
12-27-2011, 02:17 AM
Kings!

I'm a Kings fan, but my non homer answer is the Clippers.

The Warriors and Kings are both good looking young teams though. Both could be in contention to make a playoff push.

The Lakers are still a playoff team, but not an elite team anymore IMO. Trading Odom was just stupid, and if Bynum has injury issues like he has had in the past, this team will struggle to compete with the other good teams in the West.

The Suns just aren't good anymore. All they have is Nash. I think he will get traded soon, and they should trade him because they need to start the rebuilding process immediately.

Hellcrooner
lol.

theres 64 games to go.
Dont take delusional things for granted.

LakersIn5
the lakers are still the reigning and defending pacific division champions, so until a new team gets crowned then the lakers are still the champs

GrandDaddyPurp
12-27-2011, 02:18 AM
Kings. How can you crown the Warriors? They won't even beat out the Suns. Did anyone see them get handled by the Clippers. Don't even mention the game against the Bulls because they are overrated. Kings or Clippers will take the division, thank you very much.

Hellcrooner
12-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Kings. How can you crown the Warriors? They won't even beat out the Suns. Did anyone see them get handled by the Clippers. Don't even mention the game against the Bulls because they are overrated. Kings or Clippers will take the division, thank you very much.

are refs gonna hand you the rest of the games like tonight?

then your only competition is with suns to see who gets more lottery balls.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-27-2011, 02:22 AM
are refs gonna hand you the rest of the games like tonight?

then your only competition is with suns to see who gets more lottery balls.

You clearly did not watch the game or else you would not make an lame excuse for the loss. Suck it up. The Lakers are done.

Public Enemy #1
12-27-2011, 02:25 AM
Calm down GrandDaddy... One game. Kings will improve this year but they won't have a better record than the Lakers/Clippers/Warriors.

beasted86
12-27-2011, 02:26 AM
Paul George.

i'myourdaddy
12-27-2011, 02:26 AM
You clearly did not watch the game or else you would not make an lame excuse for the loss. Suck it up. The Lakers are done.

leave crooner alone...he's just mad that gasoft got punk by chuckie tonight:clap:

shep33
12-27-2011, 02:27 AM
I say the Kings play well this year, but don't make the playoffs. Lakers are better than the Kings IMO, and its not even close. The Lakers were horrid tonight and without Andrew Bynum and they kept it close. No team is in more of a transition than the Lakers. New coach, new offense, new defensive scheme, new bench, 2 new starters, and no Andrew Bynum for 2 more games. They also happen to be the only team to start out on a back to back to back

It's funny because I bet if the Kings were without Cousins or Tyreke tonight, they'd use that as an excuse. But because Bynum was out, the Lakers automatically suck for losing on a back to back to an revved up Kings team on their home opener.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-27-2011, 02:30 AM
Calm down GrandDaddy... One game. Kings will improve this year but they won't have a better record than the Lakers/Clippers/Warriors.

The Warriors do not have a better team than the Kings. You should watch basketball.

Hellcrooner
12-27-2011, 02:32 AM
leave crooner alone...he's just mad that gasoft got punk by chuckie tonight:clap:

i can punk dwight too if the refs allow me to push, bear hugh, punch etc withouth gettinng a foul called.

Btw its sooooo sad to see losers pumped up for a rigged game?

You know, the saddest part is you should be TANKING and happy to do so, because adding Anthony Davis could really put you in playoffs next year.

Instead you will be happy with not making playoffs now, picking 9th or 10th and go on not making playoffs.

Too bad.

Hellcrooner
12-27-2011, 02:32 AM
The Warriors do not have a better team than the Kings. You should watch basketball.

i agree with that tough-.

Daunter
12-27-2011, 02:34 AM
The Warriors are legit.They have Curry,Monta,Lee(who can be a 20-10 guy) and alot of role players who can score in bunches.And now that they are playing D they are very dangerous.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-27-2011, 02:37 AM
i agree with that tough-.

Lets just agree on that and call it even. :hi5:

GrandDaddyPurp
12-27-2011, 02:39 AM
The Warriors are legit.They have Curry,Monta,Lee(who can be a 20-10 guy) and alot of role players who can score in bunches.And now that they are playing D they are very dangerous.

The Warriors have a great back court. Maybe one of the best in the league. They have a horrible front court however. That just will not get it done.

NFLNBA
12-27-2011, 02:41 AM
i watched the Laker and Kings game tonight and there is a couple things to mention

1. Lakers are gonna take some time to get there act together, they have new head coach, new system, new players, and no Bynum.

2. Lakers are on there 2nd of a back2back and play there 3rd straight game tomorrow while tonight was the Kings home opener.

3. Kings have a pretty good team but the biggest thing was how bad Gasol got pushed around by Cousins and Hayes. Lakers with Bynum win this game, it would be the Lakers with the bigger team!

Point being way to early to talk about this!!!! Lets bring this up 30 games in

Cal827
12-27-2011, 02:41 AM
Paul George.

This.... or one of the two LA's

PacersForLife
12-27-2011, 05:39 AM
Paul George.

Lmao.... speaking of which, they were talking about him on Sportscenter and how he is 6'10" now..

ClippersE.G
12-27-2011, 05:54 AM
I wont say who wins it, but I think the Suns will finish last.

And as someone who has watched the Lakers just as long as I have watched the Clippers... if I were a Lakers fan I would be worried. It was one thing when they put those bummy lineups against the Clippers in the pre-season when they lost both games...and the media and everyone said "its the pre season it does not matter" ...well I saw a lineup today of Blake, Barnes, Artest, Walton (YES LUKE WALTON WAS IN THE GAME), and Murphy and that is scary. A lineup as pathetic as that is not going to compete and if the Lakers keep putting lineups like that for extended periods of time like they did today they are in trouble and I dont see them winning the division.
I look at the Lakers roster and i go :facepalm:

It is ok to be optimistic but it is hard to be when Stu Lance says "Luke Walton coming in for the Lakers, hopin he can get something started"
....and I dont think Laker fans understand what is going on...to top it off MIKE BROWN...yes, Mike Brown is the coach. Yikes.

shep33
12-27-2011, 06:11 AM
I wont say who wins it, but I think the Suns will finish last.

And as someone who has watched the Lakers just as long as I have watched the Clippers... if I were a Lakers fan I would be worried. It was one thing when they put those bummy lineups against the Clippers in the pre-season when they lost both games...and the media and everyone said "its the pre season it does not matter" ...well I saw a lineup today of Blake, Barnes, Artest, Walton (YES LUKE WALTON WAS IN THE GAME), and Murphy and that is scary. A lineup as pathetic as that is not going to compete and if the Lakers keep putting lineups like that for extended periods of time like they did today they are in trouble and I dont see them winning the division.
I look at the Lakers roster and i go :facepalm:

It is ok to be optimistic but it is hard to be when Stu Lance says "Luke Walton coming in for the Lakers, hopin he can get something started"
....and I dont think Laker fans understand what is going on...to top it off MIKE BROWN...yes, Mike Brown is the coach. Yikes.

trust me we were livid when Luke checked in lol. Kings deserved the game, today. But our rotations are really wonky, because Brown has been tinkering with them on the fly with Bynum in there. Murphy + McRoberts off the bench is pretty good considering that Lamar Odom has been awful for Dallas so far. But once we get Drew back it changes everything. We gain 15-18 ppg (as I'm expecting for him), 10 rebounds, 2-2.5 blocks, and really our defensive anchor. Now in regards to rotations, Pau gets moved back to his natural 4, and Murphy + McBob play the minutes they're suppose to... Murphy has averaged 8 and 8 this year, that's pretty good, McBob is doing well, but again he shouldn't be playing 35 minutes against the Chicago Bulls lol.

We are gonna get hit hard with this early sched, only team with a back to back to back to open up. This is the 2nd time in 13 years that we've moved away from the Triangle offense, and we've had 2 weeks to prepare for it.

Kobe is injured on top of that, and Jalen Rose was on ESPN and First Take I believe, saying how the exact same injury sidelined him for 10 regular season games in a non-lockout year...

We need time. But once we get it together and get our rotations back to normal we should be fine... oh and any pg in the league would help lol

And the only reason Luke was in was because McBob got hurt today, nothing serious.

Good win Kings well deserved :cheers:

FarOutIos
12-27-2011, 06:12 AM
i can punk dwight too if the refs allow me to push, bear hugh, punch etc withouth gettinng a foul called.

You know, the saddest part is you should be TANKING and happy to do so, because adding Anthony Davis could really put you in playoffs next year.

Instead you will be happy with not making playoffs now, picking 9th or 10th and go on not making playoffs.

Too bad.

Lol. Really. Lakers fans should NEVER be allowed to question the refs in regards to a kings game.

Never.

And YOU should be the one hoping to miss the playoffs. Your team is seriously aging. Who will be your best player for the next 5 years? Bynum?

While we have Tyreke. Thornton. Cousins. Hayes. Hickson. Jimmer. We don't need any more picks.

Thanks for your concern though.

FarOutIos
12-27-2011, 06:14 AM
Oh...and as for the division. I think the Clippers SHOULD win it... whether or not they do... who knows. Anything can happen in this shortened season.

As for the rest of the league... I think the remaining teams will be fairly evenly matched. In fact... I could see the whole division being within a few games.

FarOutIos
12-27-2011, 06:18 AM
trust me we were livid when Luke checked in lol. Kings deserved the game, today. But our rotations are really wonky, because Brown has been tinkering with them on the fly with Bynum in there. Murphy + McRoberts off the bench is pretty good considering that Lamar Odom has been awful for Dallas so far. But once we get Drew back it changes everything. We gain 15-18 ppg (as I'm expecting for him), 10 rebounds, 2-2.5 blocks, and really our defensive anchor. Now in regards to rotations, Pau gets moved back to his natural 4, and Murphy + McBob play the minutes they're suppose to... Murphy has averaged 8 and 8 this year, that's pretty good, McBob is doing well, but again he shouldn't be playing 35 minutes against the Chicago Bulls lol.

We are gonna get hit hard with this early sched, only team with a back to back to back to open up. This is the 2nd time in 13 years that we've moved away from the Triangle offense, and we've had 2 weeks to prepare for it.

Kobe is injured on top of that, and Jalen Rose was on ESPN and First Take I believe, saying how the exact same injury sidelined him for 10 regular season games in a non-lockout year...

We need time. But once we get it together and get our rotations back to normal we should be fine... oh and any pg in the league would help lol

And the only reason Luke was in was because McBob got hurt today, nothing serious.

Good win Kings well deserved :cheers:

Thanks. Without Odom, your team really does need Bynum to be able to contend. But on the same note... our starting PF wasn't even on this team a week ago. EVERY team will take time to get good. I don't think we can judge any team for a couple of weeks... if ever this season.

Public Enemy #1
12-27-2011, 06:40 AM

Bro, calm down. We'll see at the end of the season who has a better record. Kings got a good young core, but I think the Warriors have overall a more talented team. Front court is weak? Lee, D. Wright, and Biedrins/Brown looked pretty damn good tonight vs the Bulls. Don't know what you're smoking but maybe you should watch a game every now and then... :D

Demon11
12-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Bro, calm down. We'll see at the end of the season who has a better record. Kings got a good young core, but I think the Warriors have overall a more talented team. Front court is weak? Lee, D. Wright, and Biedrins/Brown looked pretty damn good tonight vs the Bulls. Don't know what you're smoking but maybe you should watch a game every now and then... :D

The bulls are overrated, they almost got beat by the Lakers, enough said.

seikou8
12-27-2011, 07:51 AM
psd where people overeact to wins and losses. its been two games damn its not like they have a new coach, system,players and oh there 3 best player is out.people the nets went 2-0 last year.the hornets were 9-0 last year were did those teams end upthe clip,warriors,kings havent done anything yet this is not 2k.

LakersIn5
12-27-2011, 08:27 AM
The bulls are overrated, they almost got beat by the Lakers, enough said.

yup. thats why the kings beating the lakers is considered as an upset. :rolleyes:

kobebabe
12-27-2011, 08:58 AM
So lakers lose 2 gms and we get threads of how they suck. We heard the same of the heat of last year when they couldn't win to save their day.
Ask this qsn in About a month.
LOL at those who say Kings and worriors! So we should have crowned Bulls the champs just coz they played well on sun but then they got schooled by a worriors a day later. Lets see how your beloved kings holds up

YoungOne
12-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Lol now even kings fans crowing their own team :D
homerism at his best: psd forum :D

Dade County
12-27-2011, 10:52 AM
1. LAC
2. LA

and then it's everyone else.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-27-2011, 10:57 AM
yup. thats why the kings beating the lakers is considered as an upset. :rolleyes:

He is right, the Bulls are overrated. Their lackluster front court was exposed last night by another lackluster front court.

Nobody I know called it an upset. I knew the Kings were going to win since they were obviously the favorites against the aging Lakers. The Lakers no longer have talent on the team and their decent gameplay comes from the chemistry they have which mainly consists of Kobe, Gasol, and Metta.

The bottom line is, talent wins games and talent along with chemistry wins championships. A perfect example would be the Lakers when they got Gasol. First year was pure talent and they lost in the finals. After a year of gelling together, they go on to win two titles. Then you have Miami where talent was last year and now this year expect them to win it all.

king4day
12-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Don't sleep on the Suns. We held the mighty Hornets to a season low 85 points last night :)

mdm692
12-27-2011, 11:18 AM
So lakers lose 2 gms and we get threads of how they suck. We heard the same of the heat of last year when they couldn't win to save their day.
LOL at those who say Kings and worriors! So we should have crowned Bulls the champs just coz they played well on sun but then they got schooled by a worriors a day later. Lets see how your beloved kings holds up

when did I say they suck? Are you illiterate or something? All i said is they have issues. New owner, new coach, new system and their 2 best bench players from the past couple years are gone so yeah they are going to struggle a bit. So you tell me how does that means they suck? And the reason for ne thinking there will be a new pacific division title is how well these teams are built with stars and depth. So next time read before you come in here talking out of your ***.

CousinsEvansDUO
12-27-2011, 11:30 AM
I say the Kings play well this year, but don't make the playoffs. Lakers are better than the Kings IMO, and its not even close. The Lakers were horrid tonight and without Andrew Bynum and they kept it close. No team is in more of a transition than the Lakers. New coach, new offense, new defensive scheme, new bench, 2 new starters, and no Andrew Bynum for 2 more games. They also happen to be the only team to start out on a back to back to back

It's funny because I bet if the Kings were without Cousins or Tyreke tonight, they'd use that as an excuse. But because Bynum was out, the Lakers automatically suck for losing on a back to back to an revved up Kings team on their home opener.

Don't even try to use change as an excuse, when the kings are going through a BIGGER change than the lakers. We have 9 new players, including 2 new starters. Plus you act like this game was close..we almost blew you out the water until we started missing FT's. The reason we missed FT's was because we focused too much on defense and offense in training camp. If we shot 80% or more at the free throw line we would have won by over 15-20. And why are you making it out to be that Andrew Bynum will have such a huge impact? Chuck Hayes completely murdered Gasol and Gasol is supposedly the better big of gasol/bynum. I don't see Bynum fairing any better than gasol did. P.S. Trailblazers tonight your dead.

Law25
12-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Hella funny Kings fans should wait about a month before jumping the gun lol. You can tell when a fanbase is new to winning by these threads. You played a lineup of Blake, Rookie Goudelock, Barnes, Walton, and Murphy becuase McRoberts hurt his toe and Bynum is out. What can your team really do with Kobe, Pau, and Bynum all healthy and ready? Artest off the bench worked your team over in the post. Not trying to be disrespectful just being a realist. Clippers are the only team that can challenge the Lakers in the Pacific everyone else is not even close.

justinnum1
12-27-2011, 12:52 PM

:facepalm: They played the bulls great, wtf are you talking about? Why are you trying to discredit a win?

shep33
12-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Don't even try to use change as an excuse, when the kings are going through a BIGGER change than the lakers. We have 9 new players, including 2 new starters. Plus you act like this game was close..we almost blew you out the water until we started missing FT's. The reason we missed FT's was because we focused too much on defense and offense in training camp. If we shot 80% or more at the free throw line we would have won by over 15-20. And why are you making it out to be that Andrew Bynum will have such a huge impact? Chuck Hayes completely murdered Gasol and Gasol is supposedly the better big of gasol/bynum. I don't see Bynum fairing any better than gasol did. P.S. Trailblazers tonight your dead.

I disagree with everything you said. Man there are other Kings fans calling you out for embarassing them in the NBA forum.

I can't act like a game was close when it was a 2 point deficit with 4 minutes to go.

Your statement "if we shot 80% from the line we would have won by 15-20" is quite possibly the worst analogy ever... I can say if the Lakers didn't shoot 1-16 from 3 last night they would've beat the Kings, which is absolutely absurd because you can't bring in hypotheticals pertaining to the numbers.

I can say Kobe and Pau were hurt yesterday as well, but we lost fair and square nobody is debating that man. No team has such a brutal schedule like us early on, plus we don't have our starting center and a guy who is scheduled to have his best season yet.

Lakers need time to re-establish themselves outside of the Triangle offense, and new defensive scheme, while still tinkering with rotations. Our startingf yesterday got hurt and we had to play Luke freaking Walton.

No excuses though, we deserved to lose easily. What I'm trying to get across is this Laker team will be much different when its healthy, has Bynum back, and continues to work on their new system in gaining chemistry, because our rotations are absolutely messed right now.

Good win for the Kings, well deserved, they looked good out there

SFGiants4life
12-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Im a huge Kings fan, but honestly, they arn't getting close to winning the division, anyone who says so is a ridiculous homer and knows nothing about basketball

M.Bibby2.0
12-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Kings homers should tone it down a bit.
TBH I expected us to win, we were at home, Kobes playing with pain, no bynum, their team got worse in the off-season and ours got better. Plus they were playing back to back.
However, Crooner & others using the refs as an excuse is an absolute joke.. And playing without Bynum is a common reality that LAL should be used to.

The Pacific should look like:

LAC
LAL

then Warriors Kings Suns in any order - should be interesting.

beliges
12-27-2011, 03:43 PM

Bynum is a much more dominant player than Pau at this point in their careers. Pau doesnt have much left so its not surprising that Chuck Hayes and Cousins completely embarassed Pau last night. I mean just look at the playoffs last season, everyone going up against Pau embarassed him. This has become a common occurence now. Bynum is much more valuable than Pau is at this point.

Demon11
12-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Bynum is a much more dominant player than Pau at this point in their careers. Pau doesnt have much left so its not surprising that Chuck Hayes and Cousins completely embarassed Pau last night. I mean just look at the playoffs last season, everyone going up against Pau embarassed him. This has become a common occurence now. Bynum is much more valuable than Pau is at this point.

If he stays healthy, yes. But his knees have been a big problem for him lately.

thekmp211
12-27-2011, 03:53 PM
i love laker fans...you have two good players on the roster and it's paus fault for the team struggling. smh. did you not learn your lesson *****ing about odom? your problems start 3-15, not with kobe and pau.

KB24PG16
12-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Lakers are going to dominate the divison once bynums back, the clippers are a year away still.

Demon11
12-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Lakers are going to dominate the divison once bynums back, the clippers are a year away still.

LOL ^

Kobe was basically getting surgery on the sideline. Goodluck winning with a bunch of random white guys filling 2/3 of your roster.

ClippersE.G
12-27-2011, 04:18 PM

You said that about the pre-season, you saw that now when they are 0-2 for the first time in what 30 years? When will you say this again and actually believe what everyone is saying? When Bynum is back and they still suck?

(and it is comical that Bynum is being so overrated it is truly unbelievable, it reminds me of that one time in the playoffs where everyone was injured and the situation was so horrible the Lakers and fans made a big deal when Deavean George came back)

KB24PG16
12-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Hopefully I can find this thread when the season is over

beliges
12-27-2011, 04:31 PM
LOL ^

Kobe was basically getting surgery on the sideline. Goodluck winning with a bunch of random white guys filling 2/3 of your roster.

Youre right to the point that the Lakers roster from top to bottom is one of the worst in the league this season. But when Bynum comes back, this team will vastly imporve. He is their 2nd best player at this point and their #1 defensive anchor.

kingsdelez24
12-27-2011, 04:39 PM

Too bad.

Game 6

FarOutIos
12-27-2011, 05:19 PM
The one thing I think EVERYONE is forgetting is that this season is going to be an up and down battle for every team. I don't think ANY team is going to dominate this year.

With back to backs and fewer practices and less time for teams to recover... every injury will be tough. So more than likely, the deep teams will benefit.

This should make all the divisional races closer. Add to that the fact that there are fewer games, thus decreasing the total wins variations as well, we will see more close races at the end of this year.

Wrigheyes4MVP
12-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Hella funny Kings fans should wait about a month before jumping the gun lol. You can tell when a fanbase is new to winning by these threads. You played a lineup of Blake, Rookie Goudelock, Barnes, Walton, and Murphy becuase McRoberts hurt his toe and Bynum is out. What can your team really do with Kobe, Pau, and Bynum all healthy and ready? Artest off the bench worked your team over in the post. Not trying to be disrespectful just being a realist. Clippers are the only team that can challenge the Lakers in the Pacific everyone else is not even close.

You watch the WNBA? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm laughing at you because you watch the WNBA.

Sportfan
12-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Tyreke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!