PDA

View Full Version : Would Phoenix be the best team for Dwight short-term?

NetsPaint
12-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Nash to me is the best passer in the league, and is the best shooter of the guards in the league (Dirk is the only player comparable shooting wise). Nash seems to likely be staying in Phoenix so I don't see him going to Orlando to team up with Howard, and I don't see that being his first choice anyway if he does leave the Suns.

Hill will take care of a lot perimeter defense so Howard won't have to do everything on that side of the floor.

Warm weather, so yeah.

Obviously there's better long-term situations for him, but could this be a "win a championship now" situation for him to be enticed?

I don't know about much the Suns' cap. Could they sign him in free agency? Also, could they make a better offer then let's say the Bulls? Yeah, Orlando already had Gortat, but they didn't want to get rid of Gortat (and shouldn't have).

BranWingss
12-26-2011, 03:46 PM
It would have to be through free agency, since they don't have too much to give. Gortat back to Orlando? Dudley? Morris? Brooks? 1st?

BKLYNpigeon
12-26-2011, 03:54 PM
never going to happen. Phoenix does not have the pieces to acquire Howard.

Dwight Howard also said that he will not play in states that are predominately Republican, have terrible Immigration laws and has John Mccain as a Senator.

sep11ie
12-26-2011, 03:58 PM
never going to happen. Phoenix does not have the pieces to acquire Howard.

Dwight Howard also said that he will not play in states that are predominately Republican, have terrible Immigration laws and has John Mccain as a Senator.

I thought he said he'd play for Dallas.

Mudvayne91
12-26-2011, 03:58 PM
The Suns are a mess. I don't see Howard wanting to go there. Will be one of the worst teams in the league imo.

thephoenixson28
12-26-2011, 04:02 PM
If the suns could somehow land Howard without trading Nash and Hill. We have enough money to sign another free agent Max contract. Not saying he would come here but a good opportunity if sarver.decideds to spend next year.

BranWingss
12-26-2011, 04:12 PM
If the suns could somehow land Howard without trading Nash and Hill. We have enough money to sign another free agent Max contract. Not saying he would come here but a good opportunity if sarver.decideds to spend next year.

Steve Nash
J.R. Smith
Grant Hill
Channing Frye
Dwight Howard

:drool: .. That has it all.

thephoenixson28
12-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Steve Nash
J.R. Smith
Grant Hill
Channing Frye
Dwight Howard

:drool: .. That has it all.Even next year

Sign Love and Howard, Ray Allen

PG.Nash
SG.Allen
SF.Hill
PF.Love
C.Howard.

Nasty lineup

NetsPaint
12-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Interesting. Could be a great situation for him even several years from now.

BKLYNpigeon, where'd you hear that?

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Even next year

Sign Love and Howard, Ray Allen

PG.Nash
SG.Allen
SF.Hill
PF.Love
C.Howard.

Nasty lineup

You do realize that by next year Nash will be 38 and Hill will be 40? I don't think Howard's going to sign and extension with a team that has their two best players who are currently 37+ years old.

Plus Gortat is a BEAST. He's going to avg a double double this season you don't need howard

thephoenixson28
12-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Interesting. Could be a great situation for him even several years from now

BKLYNpigeon, where'd you hear that?

Great situation but I don't think it would happen. We could even swing a deal of Gortat and pieces for a Legit Sg. I think sarver messed up this team enough for any superstar to come here. Just 3 or 4 years ago they were begging to come to Phoenix Kobe,Kg,and other player.

Dade County
12-26-2011, 04:40 PM
every fan bass has a right to dream.

king4day
12-26-2011, 04:41 PM
I know we can't trade for him since outside of Morris, we have no young pieces to offer.
Lopez, the jury is still out on but if he has another bad year, his days in Phoenix are over (Although, in camp he's looked better than ever so we'll see).
Gortat is young but not young to build around. He's likely peaked.

Now if Howard and Deron are available this summer still, I think the Suns should at least be considered a sleeper possibility for Howard. We'll have money for 2 max contracts.
If the Suns can snag Howard, it's likely Deron follows. The rest of our team is filled with very talented role players and would be considered a better bench than Miami and NY.

Deron/Nash
Dudley/Brown
Hill/Morris
Frye/Warrick
Howard/Gortat/Lopez

This alone, I'd consider an elite team.
I'm sure Nash would start alongside Williams before getting benched but this lineup is just for arguments sake.

Then you can trade Gortat for a very good SG and have Lopez as the primary backup.

thephoenixson28
12-26-2011, 04:51 PM
You do realize that by next year Nash will be 38 and Hill will be 40? I don't think Howard's going to sign and extension with a team that has their two best players who are currently 37+ years old.

Plus Gortat is a BEAST. He's going to avg a double double this season you don't need howard Would you trade Allen and Garnett for Gortat,Frye,Childress, and a 1st for Allen and Garnett. Cuz I rather compete with old guys for a couple more shots at a ring then having to wait until someone develops.

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Would you trade Allen and Garnett for Gortat,Frye,Childress, and a 1st for Allen and Garnett. Cuz I rather compete with old guys for a couple more shots at a ring then having to wait until someone develops.

I'd do it for a trade centered around maybe Gortat, Dudley and Morris and a 1st.

Frye is a nice piece but not anyone I would wanna build around. I don't like Childress's game at all.

CousinsEvansDUO
12-26-2011, 04:56 PM
The Suns are a mess. I don't see Howard wanting to go there. Will be one of the worst teams in the league imo.

This.

The suns are a big pile of mess. Bad contracts..bad players..undeserved starting spots..all scatered across their whole roster. Nash is not even a top 5 PG anymore, this year won't even be a top 10. Hill is no better than a role player and what else is there...oh thats right those horrible garbage contracts with players who should be role players yet are starting somehow. Howard would have to carry that team all on his own. This would be horrible on all levels. Horrible for Howard, Horrible for Magic(they would get trash in return for the best player in the nba)

MacFitz92
12-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Playing next to Dirk would be ideal. Not to mentioned he's already mentioned he wants to go there.

mgsports
12-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Nash in it or Hill back.

dodie53
12-27-2011, 01:59 AM
dwight is not coming to Phoenix

mdm692
12-27-2011, 02:07 AM
This.

The suns are a big pile of mess. Bad contracts..bad players..undeserved starting spots..all scatered across their whole roster. Nash is not even a top 5 PG anymore, this year won't even be a top 10. Hill is no better than a role player and what else is there...oh thats right those horrible garbage contracts with players who should be role players yet are starting somehow. Howard would have to carry that team all on his own. This would be horrible on all levels. Horrible for Howard, Horrible for Magic(they would get trash in return for the best player in the nba)

This. . .or are you threatened by the simple idea that a Nash/Dwight howard pick n roll can be formed and you will have to see them 4 times in a season and maybe the playoffs.

loublue22
12-27-2011, 02:42 AM
OKC is the best fit, it's not even close

Westrbook + Ibaka for Dwight, Thunder are now better than the Heat

Raph12
12-27-2011, 02:44 AM
Short answer... Never gonna happen.

sunsfan88
12-27-2011, 04:03 AM
Well after seeing today, we have two very capable centers so I wouldn't say that we have "nothing" to offer Orlando.

And PHX has the cap space to sign two max contracts so if we get Dwight, then we can also bring Gordon, D-Will or Love here as well.