PDA

View Full Version : Technical Foul on Pavlovic?

maryohhh
12-26-2011, 01:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDfEqUMGAGo

how the hell is this a technical foul?
why is joe crawford still a referee?

nycericanguy
12-26-2011, 01:38 PM
excessive flopping, NBA is cracking down on that this year.

penuch
12-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Did he sell it a little? Yeah. Did he act like he got shot by a sniper and hit the floor? no.

In the replay you can clearly see melo driving his elbow into Pavlovic.

nycericanguy
12-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Did he sell it a little? Yeah. Did he act like he got shot by a sniper and hit the floor? no.

In the replay you can clearly see melo driving his elbow into Pavlovic.

come on, on that 2nd time he almost fell over BEFORE Melo even hit him. he did that right in front of Joey Crawford after he had been called for a foul and was complaining.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-26-2011, 01:47 PM
I would have loved to see Tommy's reaction to this.

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Should have been a non call IMO

This is prime example of how the NBA has gotten soft through excessive officiating.

Oh well, it is what it is...

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 02:13 PM
The NBA: Where Joey Crawford happens :facepalm:

Hustlenomics
12-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Joey Crawford is Sterns go to man when he needs him to fix anything

Mishmin
12-26-2011, 02:17 PM
******** call, but its not the first

justinnum1
12-26-2011, 02:20 PM
typical jc

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-26-2011, 02:24 PM
well it is crafword...what did you except?

29$JerZ
12-26-2011, 02:31 PM
He also called an early tech on Amare for being human
Refs are a joke

D-Leethal
12-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Hey remember that no-call cheap shot trip from KG that directly led to a wide open 3 pointer for a team down 2 in the closing seconds of a PLAYOFF game?

yea, quit yer *****in

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Hey remember that no-call cheap shot trip from KG that directly led to a wide open 3 pointer for a team down 2 in the closing seconds of a PLAYOFF game?

yea, quit yer *****in

lol@your justification being that this is a make-up call...

Hustla23
12-26-2011, 02:49 PM
lol@your justification being that this is a make-up call...
Did he say it was a make up call?

The point is sometimes things can go both ways, but in your case, it happened to go your way in a much more crucial moment, so please don't complain.

shep33
12-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Should've been a flagrant 2... it was a ridiculous call though IMO.

nyKnicks126
12-26-2011, 03:15 PM
He was warned twice in 15 seconds about flopping and acting. In soccer they get carded for that sometimes.

nyKnicks126
12-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Amar'e got called for a bad tech as well.

I want to know what are KG's consequences from his actions on Bill Walker after the buzzer.

Super.
12-26-2011, 03:25 PM
He was warned twice in 15 seconds about flopping and acting. In soccer they get carded for that sometimes.

An Elbow to the high chest/neck/face is flopping?

Should have been a non call.

6 Techs is ridiculous for a game that was not that heated

assisi805
12-26-2011, 03:26 PM
A tad but unwarranted

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Did he say it was a make up call?

The point is sometimes things can go both ways, but in your case, it happened to go your way in a much more crucial moment, so please don't complain.

Maybe you should read my previous posts on this topic before you try to defend a baiter?

I've already stated it should have been a non call and a play on type of play.

But we all know that NBA officiating these days is a joke, moving on...

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Melo got an offensive foul in the playoffs for the same play. Guess Paul Peirce can hug a guy then get bumped and draw the call and Sasha can't . Nobody made a thread for the Amare tech , wonder why???? Officiating is bad both ways period

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Melo got an offensive foul in the playoffs for the same play. Guess Paul Peirce can hug a guy then get bumped and draw the call and Sasha can't . Nobody made a thread for the Amare tech , wonder why???? Officiating is bad both ways period

I don't always agree with Knicks fans. But when I do, I like to bold it.

Stay thirsty my friends.

AntiG
12-26-2011, 04:36 PM
love how Pavlovic got a tech for getting elbowed in the chops twice :facepalm:

HOZ THE KNICK
12-26-2011, 05:51 PM
it must of been something he said because i was puzzled myself, but jc is a prick anyway i can't wait for him to retire.

MacFitz92
12-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Ticky Tack, but I hope the NBA starts handing out techs for flops. Probably just trying to send the message.

Corey
12-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Amare got a technical for absolutely nothing in the first quarter.

It's okay.

NYsFinest
12-26-2011, 06:12 PM
We as fans often don't hear everything that goes on on the court... chance are Pavlovic was warned to stop flopping before he actually got a technical, just like Amar'e was probably warned to shut up several times before he was given one.

JasonJohnHorn
12-26-2011, 06:12 PM
I saw the play, and the replay. He was clearly hit by Melo's elbow. TWICE!!!! Melo's a big dude! His elbow comes flying across at my face, I'ma lean back too. This call was stupid. Crawford deserves to be fired. He is clearly and consistently one of the worst officials in the game. I think he believes that fans show up to watch him call the game. Dude is probably lobbying to have officials in the press conference. Oh, what I would give to watch Joey Crawford get rosted by the media, just once.

Corey
12-26-2011, 06:15 PM
We as fans often don't hear everything that goes on on the court... chance are Pavlovic was warned to stop flopping before he actually got a technical, just like Amar'e was probably warned to shut up several times before he was given one.

Wouldn't be surprised.

That's a very good point.

RaiderKid318
12-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Should have been a non call IMO

This is prime example of how the NBA has gotten soft through excessive officiating.

Oh well, it is what it is...

Sports in general are getting soft in the US. Eventually football will be flag only, baseball will be wiffle ball, and basketball will be played on arcade machines only(work on your free throws bigs).

Spartanfitness
12-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Officiating in general is error laden, of course due to the human element.

However, there is a tremendous tendency in the NBA for referees to over-react to interpreted reactions from players to calls. They purposely overreact in order to counter any future reactions by the players to possible calls. This is the ultimate in preemptive actions.

There were some really dumb calls, and some obvious make-up calls in the Knicks-Celtics game - they should just let them play unless something ridiculously glaring occurs. And enough with this "oh he's rookie so don't give him the benefit of the doubt," type antics. If someone is fouled, travels, or commits some other type of infraction, call it as it is, not in spite of someone's tenure or experience, dammit!

- end of rant.

AntiG
12-26-2011, 09:52 PM

Which is fine, but even if you call the flop, the fact is that Melo still CLEARLY threw his elbow twice there in front of Crawford. If you're going to make the tech call there, both need to be receiving it, or don't call it at all.

NYsFinest
12-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Which is fine, but even if you call the flop, the fact is that Melo still CLEARLY threw his elbow twice there in front of Crawford. If you're going to make the tech call there, both need to be receiving it, or don't call it at all.

No sympathy for Celtics fans, both teams got silly technicals. That technical didn't even change the outcome of the game and this may be the only time in years the Knicks got a critical call go their way against the Celtics so no need to complain.

eg:

- giving Knicks .4 seconds when there was clearly .8+ before the Amar'e buzzer beater that didn't count

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK20KWYCVKg (see 19 second mark)

- Melo "offensive foul" in game 2 when Pierce got the same exact call go his way seconds ago.

- Douglas getting illegally screened and tripped on Ray Allen game winner.

Not every call has to go your way...

mynameismo
12-27-2011, 02:39 AM
At least he was playing on the court.. Duncan was on the bench and got thrown out for laughing. SMH

It is what it is.

Flashsides
12-27-2011, 02:52 AM
This. Pavlovic was clearly upset after he got called for the foul in the play right before this to the point where his own teammates had to talk to them. Then, he got right up on Carmelo again and started being physical. Remember, Melo doesn't have to "throw elbows" if Pavlovic isn't trying to hump is leg. The game was fairly physical - Crawford probably gave him the T to try and tone it done a bit and also for Pavlovic arguing a call and getting physical again right afterwards.

that moment when people are complaining about the NBA getting soft and then someone calls what Melo did in that play "throwing elbows." He was pushing off because Pavlovic was leaning on him hard. What was Melo supposed to do?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2011, 03:07 AM
What a ****ing boss.

Lakeshow24KB
12-27-2011, 03:33 AM
If the Nba is cracking down on it then why is lebron still doing it?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-27-2011, 03:43 AM
If the Nba is cracking down on it then why is lebron still doing it?

I saw nothing of that from Lebron this season.

xk4
12-27-2011, 04:11 AM
The game is over, so this doesn't matter

But I'll just say I'd be flopping away from those elbows by Melo after seeing the shot to Rondo's face earlier. It wasn't on purpose but damn

Rentzias
12-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Maybe Pavlovic was sitting on the bench laughing earlier.

Weezy
12-27-2011, 12:47 PM
It was weird this game. Amare got Tech for nothing and this. Lol.. :shrug: