PDA

View Full Version : Buss: Not Trading Gasol AND Bynum

VinceCarter
12-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Jim Buss now runs the Lakers, his father having stepped back. So if he says the Lakers aren't interested in trading Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol for Dwight Howard, that's a pretty good source.

In fact, Buss said that and more on Saturday the Los Angeles Times. "Where does this stuff come from? You'd have to be kind of silly to give up two All-Stars like that for Howard. Zero truth to it. We have never been asked for Andrew and Pau and we've never offered them. I think they know we'd either say no or they would sound crazy for asking."

Where did it come from? Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel, who wrote Wednesday, "The Magic have spoken with the Lakers about acquiring Bynum and Pau Gasol for Howard. They are waiting on the Lakers to make this happen."

Buss also made it seem like the Lakers aren't counting on Howard. "I don't understand the thinking that we need saving as a franchise," he said.
http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/12/25/2661284/buss-no-to-trade-of-bynum-gasol

Chi StateOfMind
12-26-2011, 12:40 AM
Sure. Whatever you say.

GREATNESS ONE
12-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Yup it's all a poker game. We'll just wait and see what happens. Dwight could end up anywhere still or not even move at all.

Badluck33
12-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Oh no!!!!!

How else will lakers land dh12!!??!?!?!??!

?!??!??!?!?!???!?!?

?!?!??!??! ?!?? ?! ??! ??! ?? !?? !? ?!? !???!? ?! ?!?!?!? !? ?

?!? ?!? !?? ?!?????!?!?!?!??!?!!!?!!! ! ! ?

?

Badluck33
12-26-2011, 12:46 AM
"Where does this stuff come from? You'd have to be kind of silly to give up two All-Stars like that for Howard. Zero truth to it. We have never been asked for Andrew and Pau and we've never offered them. I think they know we'd either say no or they would sound crazy for asking."

I know where Buss heard it!

The PSD LAKERS FORUM.

Avenged
12-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Good. Wouldn't want that to happen either.

Lakers4ItAll
12-26-2011, 12:53 AM
How about the Bynum for Howard and Gasol for D Will????

xBLAMEITON24x
12-26-2011, 12:56 AM
who ever thought they were trading both i thought it was known that the lakers are only offering bynum,picks, fillers and a trade exception to take on another contract for howard

Netslunatic76
12-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Oh no!!!!!

How else will lakers land dh12!!??!?!?!??!

?!??!??!?!?!???!?!?

?!?!??!??! ?!?? ?! ??! ??! ?? !?? !? ?!? !???!? ?! ?!?!?!? !? ?

?!? ?!? !?? ?!?????!?!?!?!??!?!!!?!!! ! ! ?

?

:speechless: Dun Dun Dunnnnnnn

Netslunatic76
12-26-2011, 12:57 AM
who ever thought they were trading both i thought it was known that the lakers are only offering bynum,picks, fillers and a trade exception to take on another contract for howard

I thought you couldn't use a trade exception along with a player in a trade?

Badluck33
12-26-2011, 12:57 AM
This further proves my point.

DH12 will not be a Laker. Unless 3 or 4 teams are involved.

And not a lot of owners are really wanting to 'help' the lakers.

NYsFinest
12-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Of course he wont... because he doesn't need too. Nets don't have anywhere near a Gasol + Bynum package to offer.

Lopez probably wont be 100% until after the trade deadline, and he still hasn't proved he can rebound or defend. Unfortunately for Nets fans, lopez's value just plummeted, foot injuries for flat footed big men like Lopez are often the beginning to an injury prone career.

Dade County
12-26-2011, 01:18 AM
sick butler.. just sick

smiddy012
12-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Howard
McRoberts/Odom
Metta/Odom
Bryant
Fisher

Am I the only person in the world who thinks LA completely dropped the ball this off-season???

shep33
12-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Nor should we trade both guys, it makes 0 sense.

Dade County
12-26-2011, 01:31 AM
that bad at the line jordan... smh

Hustla23
12-26-2011, 01:38 AM
I'd make that trade all day if I was the Lakers. Gasol is on the wrong side of 30 and Bynum's knees are hardly worth trusting. Makes little sense as to why they wouldn't do it. Most likely bluffing.

ThunderousDemon
12-26-2011, 01:45 AM
I'd make that trade all day if I was the Lakers. Gasol is on the wrong side of 30 and Bynum's knees are hardly worth trusting. Makes little sense as to why they wouldn't do it. Most likely bluffing.

It's a poker game and the lakers have their poker face on.They don't have to trade immediately because they don't have to and they have until march.

shep33
12-26-2011, 01:46 AM
I wouldn't make that deal, and why should the Lakers? They aren't that desperate yet. Bynum actually wasn't injured all of last year, he missed a bunch of games because he had surgery for his knee from the previous year just way too late.

Angelus™
12-26-2011, 01:48 AM
Nor should they trade both

Teeboy1487
12-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Good news for this Lakers fan. If this is what it takes to get Howard then no thanks.

Hellcrooner
12-26-2011, 02:40 AM
This further proves my point.

DH12 will not be a Laker. Unless 3 or 4 teams are involved.

And not a lot of owners are really wanting to 'help' the lakers.

Good, sure it will make you better to see him in a Nets or Mavs uniform since he has RULED OUT THE WINDY CITY :D

dick butane
12-26-2011, 02:50 AM
Howard
McRoberts/Odom
Metta/Odom
Bryant
Fisher

Am I the only person in the world who thinks LA completely dropped the ball this off-season???

They signed McRoberts as a reaction to moving Odom... They wouldn't have done it otherwise.

utl768
12-26-2011, 02:50 AM
itd make some sense if they still had odom to step in at PF but they dealt him for a bag of balls so no way they trade both bigs

LakersMaster24
12-26-2011, 03:02 AM
Bynum and Gasol for Howard? No thanks.

shep33
12-26-2011, 03:07 AM
Why should the Lakers give that much up? They are not in a position yet to do so. Maybe if they suck by the deadline they do it, but no chance right now.

Where the hell are the Lakers going to score with just Howard and Kobe? Say Kobe gives you 27-28 and Howard gets 25 (and that's stretching it for his career averages), nobody else outside of Ebanks could probably score 15 ppg consistently on that team. The Lakers would be horrible, and why would D12 stay if that was the case? I mean the only way he would stay is if LA got Deron in the summer, which is possible if they got rid of Bynum and Gasol's contracts, plus amnesty Artest/Walton.

Still unlikely, I think he goes to the Nets.

J4KOP99
12-26-2011, 03:30 AM
I have been saying this all along. Anybody who thought the Lakers would give up Gasol AND Bynum is just being foolish.

I do not know if/or how the Lakers will get Howard but I do know that Bynum and Gasol will not both be traded.

Ballistix
12-26-2011, 03:36 AM
Howard
McRoberts/Odom
Metta/Odom
Bryant
Fisher

Yes, you are!!! Go take over as GM so you can save this team!:rolleyes:

shep33
12-26-2011, 03:38 AM
I have been saying this all along. Anybody who thought the Lakers would give up Gasol AND Bynum is just being foolish.

I do not know if/or how the Lakers will get Howard but I do know that Bynum and Gasol will not both be traded.

Agree... the only way I could see them both getting traded is through Pau going to a 3rd team to give the Magic other draft picks or young players, while the Lakers get back a PF. But that is unlikely again.

C-Style
12-26-2011, 03:39 AM
glad he won't.

Lakeshow24KB
12-26-2011, 03:39 AM
Howard
McRoberts/Odom
Metta/Odom
Bryant
Fisher

Are you okay...? Odom isn't on the lakers

shep33
12-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Are you okay...? Odom isn't on the lakers

I say we Veto the deal and bring him back... okay last veto joke, that **** is getting old

iggypop123
12-26-2011, 03:47 AM
the buss kid is smart. lateral move. keep gasol and now you are head to head with okc for the west easily. everyone else is left in the dust.

hgtiger32
12-26-2011, 04:02 AM
How is Bynum considered an All-Star is my question?

MickeyMgl
12-26-2011, 04:26 AM
Jim Buss now runs the Lakers, his father having stepped back. So if he says the Lakers aren't interested in trading Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol for Dwight Howard, that's a pretty good source.

In fact, Buss said that and more on Saturday the Los Angeles Times. "Where does this stuff come from? You'd have to be kind of silly to give up two All-Stars like that for Howard... "

Somebody needs to tell Jimbo that Andrew Bynum is not an All-Star.

Cal827
12-26-2011, 05:00 AM
So, what's the vegas odds that he mysteriously gets shot, causing his father to take over the Lakers again? Gasol's old, and Bynums knees are weaker than this rum I'm drinking.

shep33
12-26-2011, 05:15 AM
How is Bynum considered an All-Star is my question?

Well, honestly from his improvement over the summer, to getting more touches and minutes on offense like we've seen in the preseason and like what Coach Brown has been mentioning, who else is really going to be the center out west? Timmy will be getting his fan votes, no more Chandler in Dallas... Maybe Nene?

I mean last year lone, Bynum had similar numbers to Timmy. Even averaging more rebounds and blocks per game and shooting +7% from the field (57% to Timmy's 50%). And Bynum shot the ball 3.4 times less per game than Timmy who averaged 2 more points than him.

Let me set something straight, Timmy is a top 10 player in NBA history, lol Andrew Bynum is not top 200 hundred yet. The point I'm trying to make is that statistically Bynum should be a top 2 center out west this year. I could be horribly wrong though lol

lakerboy
12-26-2011, 05:43 AM
Lakers might not even have to trade both for Dwight Howard. Maybe all they will need is one. If the Magic keep losing games, they'll trade Dwight sooner than later. If they don't trade him right away, they are really overplaying their hand.

_Supreme_
12-26-2011, 05:50 AM
They are not getting Howard for just one (+ filler crap).

That fantasy needs to be given up already.

shep33
12-26-2011, 05:56 AM

The only way LA trades both is if they get a PF back from a 3rd team involved (via flipping Gasol to another team to give NJ picks or young players). LA also has 2 first round picks, a 9 mill Trade exception, plus a legit starting 3 in Devin Ebanks who's only 22 years old. If they wanted to go all in, I think they probably could get Howard... but it just destroys the team for this year, and if that happens, they better pray Deron comes to LA in that scenario.

Again, I say he ends up a Net, because NJ is going to offer everything for him if the Nets get off to a horrid start.

AI
12-26-2011, 05:56 AM
Bynum is overrated.

futureman
12-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Please, this is just another selling point to try and get the Magic to trade Howard. The Lakers will give up both of these guys and more for him and they know it.

LakersKB24
12-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Bynum is overrated.

Great post! Howard rumour threads just aren't the same without that statement :clap:

What do you expect Buss to say? If he said, he was ready to give up both Gasol and Bynum for Dwight, he would throw away the leverage the Lakers have on the Magic right now. They don't WANT to trade both of them for one player.

Greet
12-26-2011, 10:41 AM
You seriously wouldn't trade Bynum and Pau for Howard? Jesus people never cease to amaze me. You guys really act like Bynum is all that...I love the guys that talk trash about KG in the other thread but won't bring up the fact that Bynum is suspended for being a douche. What Bynum did is a show of character and something I wouldn't even want on my teams court. Howard is a good person, and twice the player Pau and Bynum are. Magic went to the finals with Howard and scrubs. I think they'd make it fair with Kobe/Howard/World Peace and scrubs.

Rocco007
12-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Gasol/Bynum for DHoward = No Bueno

SteBO
12-26-2011, 11:07 AM
The longer the Lakers wait towards the trade deadline, the better for them.......

Greet
12-26-2011, 11:09 AM
The longer the Lakers wait towards the trade deadline, the better for them.......

The longer the Lakers wait, the more time Brook has to get healthy.

SteBO
12-26-2011, 11:13 AM
The longer the Lakers wait, the more time Brook has to get healthy.
If you really think Brooke Lopez alone is getting it done, especially just coming off a severe injury, then I don't know what to tell you. Let's not forget that the talks between ORL and NJ broke down earlier this month.......There's a reason for that.

kobebabe
12-26-2011, 11:15 AM
and i totally concur. No way you trade these 2 guys for 1 even though his name is Howard. I saw wait it out. Magic will soon run out of options and will take just Bynum, picks and fillers. If not, well sorry....

kobebabe
12-26-2011, 11:16 AM

This!

Greet
12-26-2011, 11:43 AM
If you really think Brooke Lopez alone is getting it done, especially just coming off a severe injury, then I don't know what to tell you. Let's not forget that the talks between ORL and NJ broke down earlier this month.......There's a reason for that.

Who in the world is Brooke Lopez?

He has more upside than Bynum

basketfan4life
12-26-2011, 11:55 AM
i hate to say this but, Bynum's basketball i.q is really low...i can't understand how he can not learn passing outta double teams while playing wit one of the best passing bigs ever...he almost always slows down the flow of the offense and most importantly, he doesn't mesh well with Gasol...

don't get me wrong, he is a good player with great potential, but the lakers may be better of trading him for a defensive c and a good pg, let alone dwight.

Hustla23
12-26-2011, 12:18 PM

Yeah, it's pretty insulting to think Dwight Howard could be had for just Gasol or just Bynum. Get real, folks.

Not only is Lopez a better prospect than Bynum, but the Nets offered Lopez and five first round picks, two of them being possibly lottery picks. That offer easily trumps any offer centered around just Gasol or Bynum. And that offer was turned down as well, so I don't see it being very likely that the Lakers don't have to give up both if they want to get him.

curtcocaine
12-26-2011, 12:23 PM
I say dont do it then

oak2455
12-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Who in the world is Brooke Lopez?

He has more upside than Bynum

not as a big man with Broken foot ......Yao says hello:D

DR. Pepper
12-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Bynum is overrated.

this.

Hellcrooner
12-26-2011, 12:55 PM
weel bynum will be an allstar this season.

i mean.

how many candidates are for the center position in the west right now?

Duncan as career honouring voting , Bynum and Marc Gasol, thats it, he has 66% chance of being in the allstar roster ( if he is not injured).

ndfightirish12
12-26-2011, 01:07 PM
the nets are going to get him..he has said he wants to play in new jersey for starters..and secondly it wont just be brook and picks..if brook gets back healthy and yeah i know its a big if but if he does it will be him picks and one of our shooting guards..im telling you its going to happen..the lakers think they can win without him and they are right..the nets cant..they are going to get him you wait and see

shep33
12-26-2011, 01:26 PM
the nets are going to get him..he has said he wants to play in new jersey for starters..and secondly it wont just be brook and picks..if brook gets back healthy and yeah i know its a big if but if he does it will be him picks and one of our shooting guards..im telling you its going to happen..the lakers think they can win without him and they are right..the nets cant..they are going to get him you wait and see

The Lakers would essentially tank this season if they traded Bynum + Gasol + 2 first rounders + Devin Ebanks if we were extremely desperate. They would be far worse, and the only chance they'd have at D12 staying is if they signed Deron in the offseason. That's a huge gamble, so I'd be contempt with keeping Gasol + Bynum + Ebanks + 2 first rounders (in a very deep draft), than getting Howard.

NJ should get him because they'll break bank for Howard. Which is fine, they need him more than LA does. If they lose out on D12, they lose out on Deron.

Kakaroach
12-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Man, its a tough choice for sure. If you trade both for Howard, then I think the Lakers are actually downgrading and become worse. Best case is to wait until the deadline and hope the Magic give him up for just Bynum and picks. Of course, at that point I'm sure Lopez and NJ's offer would prolly be better.

What a pickle. If they hadn't traded Odom they might have been able to trade both Pau and Bynum, but thats not the case anymore.

JLynn943
12-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Dwight is worth Gasol and Bynum (especially considering that Bynum is not that good and is injury-prone). Nothing else the Lakers can offer should be interesting to Orlando. If I'm Orlando's GM, I'm either getting both of those players or I'm trading him to another team - there will be other offers.

aerion123
12-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Dwight is worth Gasol and Bynum (especially considering that Bynum is not that good and is injury-prone). Nothing else the Lakers can offer should be interesting to Orlando. If I'm Orlando's GM, I'm either getting both of those players or I'm trading him to another team - there will be other offers.
I understand, but its in Howards court more than anyone's I would think because his prefered destinations. Which brings me to my confusion. Why doesn't he want to play in Chi. Boozer and Noah would be a great offer. OKC is another why wouldn't they offer Westbrook and Perkins for Howard and Nelson. Better question would be why doesn't Dwight want to play with a stud like Kevin Durant, and be a championship threat for the next 8 years or so. ??

Cali4rnia
12-26-2011, 01:58 PM
I didn't know Bynum was an all-star.. thats new to me. :)

Sandman
12-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Not saying they will or they won't, but they were basically forced to say this in public after pissing off Odom.

MickeyMgl
12-26-2011, 03:14 PM
So, what's the vegas odds that he mysteriously gets shot, causing his father to take over the Lakers again?

Even if it's not Jerry, I'd be happy as a clam if Jeannie took over. She at least knows the business, and probably wouldn't have the male armchair GM gene that Jimbo seems to have. He thinks he knows more about the game than he actually does. She'd probably give Kupchak more discretion.

King P
12-26-2011, 03:20 PM
There is also something else Jim Buss said, that caught my eye...

We’ve done everything within the rules that we could to explore this situation until we were just spinning our wheels, he says. The player is still in control of his own destiny; he can block a trade just by saying I’m not going to sign a new deal and stay where he is.

I personally believe now that we have the team that we will be playing with all season long.

Could this mean that Dwight Howard isn't so thrilled about going to LA?

:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

Cal827
12-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Here's a question. Suppose Bynum becomes that all star like 20-11ish and remains healthy (with how bad this Laker team is in terms of depth, it's possible he could average that)... Why would you Laker fans still want to deal him out for Howard then? He would only be a bit worse than Howard, might as well keep the guy who has been with your team for his career than some disloyal ****.

Hellcrooner
12-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Here's a question. Suppose Bynum becomes that all star like 20-11ish and remains healthy (with how bad this Laker team is in terms of depth, it's possible he could average that)... Why would you Laker fans still want to deal him out for Howard then? He would only be a bit worse than Howard, might as well keep the guy who has been with your team for his career than some disloyal ****.

because his knees are UNAVOIDABLY gonna bust a "brandon roy" in the next 2 years?

Cal827
12-26-2011, 04:17 PM
because his knees are UNAVOIDABLY gonna bust a "brandon roy" in the next 2 years?

Ok so some of you understand his injury issues. Then I ask, knowing this, why do some of you still think Orlando would accept the deal? Lopez is worse than Bynum, but they would also gain Marshawn Brooks and draft picks. Also, Lopez would be an RFA so they could choose whether or not to keep him. Bynum becomes a UFA so he could basically say F U to the Magic and go look for financial security over winning (since he already has a couple with you guys). I know Lopez is hurt too, but we aren't sure whether or not his injuries will be consistent.

Getting Bynum would basically Put Orlando in the bottom playoff teams in the East... Which means that they would get their *** kicked by Miami, Chicago etc. Now I don't mind that some of you know it would be a rip-off, but some people on this site are talking about how much better the possible 2 year rental would be over Lopez + Prospects/Picks.

Hellcrooner
12-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Ok so some of you understand his injury issues. Then I ask, knowing this, why do some of you still think Orlando would accept the deal? Lopez is worse than Bynum, but they would also gain Marshawn Brooks and draft picks. Also, Lopez would be an RFA so they could choose whether or not to keep him. Bynum becomes a UFA so he could basically say F U to the Magic and go look for financial security over winning (since he already has a couple with you guys). I know Lopez is hurt too, but we aren't sure whether or not his injuries will be consistent.

Getting Bynum would basically Put Orlando in the bottom playoff teams in the East... Which means that they would get their *** kicked by Miami, Chicago etc. Now I don't mind that some of you know it would be a rip-off, but some people on this site are talking about how much better the possible 2 year rental would be over Lopez + Prospects/Picks.

The key here is were Howard WANTS to be.

Of course if they only get Bynum IS a rip off.
but at least he is a team option, if he injurys they can cut him and free the salary from the books.

In any case to find a FAIR deal for all involved they should involve a third party to take gasol for Youngsters orlando way.

rickshaw
12-26-2011, 04:42 PM
weel bynum will be an allstar this season.

i mean.

how many candidates are for the center position in the west right now?

Duncan as career honouring voting , Bynum and Marc Gasol, thats it, he has 66% chance of being in the allstar roster ( if he is not injured).

probably the same % of games he will miss

shep33
12-26-2011, 04:43 PM

Honestly, we've talked about this in the Laker forum a bunch of times. Bynum played in the Finals and throughout the playoffs with a torn up knee, people seem to forget that, and he showed a lot of heart doing so. D12 seems to flip flop a lot, and is unsure about himself, and also I'm afraid he wouldn't like playing in the shadow of Laker greats like KAJ, Magic, Worthy, West, Shaq and Kobe... because when your a Laker, and the face of the franchise, your expected to win. I honestly don't know if D12 wants that kind of pressure on him. D12 is a great player, but I worry sometimes about his mental approach.

Bynum made a stupid decision last year regarding his health but I think Bynum stays healthy. Essentially he was healthy last season, he missed games at the beginning because his recovery took longer than expected due to the fact that he was a bonehead and got surgery later than he should have.

Most Laker fans are okay with having Bynum + Gasol + our 2 first rounders over Howard. The 2 first rounders alone can be great picks even if they're in the mid 20s this year because the draft is pretty deep. I honestly wouldn't trade both bigs unles we absolutely had to, and the season was already essentially over

Still think he becomes a Net, and I'd be fine by that.

Sandman
12-26-2011, 04:44 PM

but at least he is a team option, if he injurys they can cut him and free the salary from the books.

In any case to find a FAIR deal for all involved they should involve a third party to take gasol for Youngsters orlando way.
I dont see how that makes him more attractive. He's a 1 year rental if hes terrible and a 2 year rental if he's not?

pass

5ass
12-26-2011, 05:12 PM
how about Gasol+bynum+ebanks+2 1st round picks for howard+turk+nelson+rights to fran vazquez

Lakers line up next year
Nelson
Bryant
Hedo
Vazquez
Howard

Hellcrooner
12-26-2011, 05:14 PM
how about Gasol+bynum+ebanks+2 1st round picks for howard+turk+nelson+rights to fran vazquez

Lakers line up next year
Nelson
Bryant
Hedo
Vazquez
Howard

if vazquez didnt make the jump this year when he was a fa i doubt he ever will.

shep33
12-26-2011, 05:16 PM
I dont see how that makes him more attractive. He's a 1 year rental if hes terrible and a 2 year rental if he's not?

pass

Your forgetting that Lopez will demand a massive contract though
In this day and age he'll likely get the Max from some team
Essentially the magic have to sign him to a Max extension and try to build around him.

Sandman
12-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Essentially the magic have to sign him to a Max extension and try to build around him.
Thats absolutely true but the Magic at least control his rights.

Cal827
12-26-2011, 05:18 PM

Thank you. I just remember fighting with Laker fans in some of the Dwight Howard trade threads, saying that Bynum-Howard is close enough straight up. I know it depends on where he wants to go, but damn that was annoying to argue against. lol

Maybe LA should consider calling teams like Minnesota up. I mean didn't Kahn want to pursue a veteran big not named Darko Milicic?

They can offer guys like Johnson and Randolph and Beasley (Take it or leave it on him lol) To Orlando while taking Gasol to have a front court of Love/Gasol.

5ass
12-26-2011, 05:22 PM
if vazquez didnt make the jump this year when he was a fa i doubt he ever will.

but there was a lockout this year, he only signed a 1 year deal in spain. He should be a FA next season, I could see him changing his mind if he was going to play with howard and kobe.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-26-2011, 06:09 PM

Lakers line up next year
Nelson
Bryant
Hedo
Vazquez
Howard

lol lakers would never do that

shep33
12-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Thats absolutely true but the Magic at least control his rights.

That's true. In all honesty, I feel for Magic fans, because you can never get equal value back for trading a superstar IMO.

lakersfan01
12-26-2011, 08:31 PM
I thought you couldn't use a trade exception along with a player in a trade?

You are correct, it would have to be used in a separate trade, so I suppose they'd have to agree to two trades at the same time.

lakersfan01
12-26-2011, 08:33 PM

Lol the Lakers aren't giving up both Gasol and Bynum for Howard. You can dream though.

beliges
12-26-2011, 09:46 PM

I dont get the fascination of Lopez. Since when does a mediocre player deserve a max contract? He can demand anything he wants, hes surely not worth a max deal. His worth is somewhere around 9-12 Mil a yeal. Nothing more than that.

ldawg
12-27-2011, 12:08 AM
I don't normally agree with Jim but i am with him on this one. Howard is good but not Pau and Bynum good. Its either a package with Pau or a package with Bynum. But if i am Magic its a package with Bynum. IHe looked very good in the preseason and he can be a 23/11 guy if given the chance. Also why on Earth would Magic trade him in the East if they plan to build a team? It would be best they trade him to Mavs or La but what does Mavs have to offer?

ldawg
12-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Magic best bet is get package with Bynum. a quality trade is better than a quantity trade with a bunch of unproven draft picks.

Raph12
12-27-2011, 02:50 AM
Why would they, anyone expecting that is just dumb.

Sandman
12-27-2011, 10:51 AM
That's true. In all honesty, I feel for Magic fans, because you can never get equal value back for trading a superstar IMO.

The worst part is that Otis is still in charge. He's a lame duck! He knows he's getting canned, he'll never see the end of Jason Richardson's contract.

Our owner is very good when it comes to shelling out the cash for the team, but I really wish he would make better personnel decisions. Thats the only thing keeping the Magic from competing with Dallas, Chi, LA, NY or Boston. Despite the small market our owner is willing to spend as much as anybody.

ldawg
12-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Nelson
Richardson
Hedo
Big Baby
Bynum

Is not a bad starting 5 in fact Big Baby and Bynum would be the biggest front court in the NBA. Big Baby has a jumper and can step out the paint but who can get around those two? A few draft picks added to the bench and you are ready to rock and roll. Without a long process of rebuilding around rookies that may not pan out you have yourself a solid team with picks if you so desire. They would be right there with NY, Boston, Bulls and Heat with a minor upgrade at sg. But to sit and get Lebroned is stupid same as the trading him in the East then they will be right there with Cavs and Raptors. See what Denver did? pay attention Otis. One thing is certain hack a Bynum won't work.

ldawg
12-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Nelson
Richardson
Hedo
Big Baby
Bynum

RLundi
12-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Lol the Lakers aren't giving up both Gasol and Bynum for Howard. You can dream though.

Lol the Lakers aren't getting Howard any other way.

Wake up.