PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom ejected from Mavs debut

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-25-2011, 10:20 PM
LAUGHABLE!

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7388417/lamar-odom-ejected-dallas-mavericks-debut-arguing-calls

DALLAS -- A four-point, four-rebound, four-foul performance with an early exit isn't what Lamar Odom envisioned for his Dallas Mavericks debut.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no," Odom said.

But that's what happened in the Mavericks' 105-94 loss to the Miami Heat during an NBA Finals rematch on Christmas Day that wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicated. Odom was ejected with 5:06 remaining in the third quarter and the Mavericks trailing by 28 after expressing displeasure when he was called for a charge against Miami's LeBron James.

Referee Scott Foster called two quick technical fouls on Odom, who made a 3-pointer seconds after checking into the game for the first time, but finished 1 of 6 from the floor with two turnovers on charge calls.

"Usually after 13 years, a couple of rings, seeing my face, now playing with the champs, you usually get a warning or something like that," said Odom, a multitalented forward who was traded from the Los Angeles Lakers to the Mavericks on Dec. 11. "I guess that I was out of character a little bit."

Odom didn't feel that his first technical foul, which Foster called after Odom made a brief, animated gesture to protest the call, was warranted. The reigning Sixth Man of the Year acknowledged that his comments merited the second technical foul.

"I think the second one was probably necessary and the first one was a surprise, to be honest with you," Odom said, mentioning that Foster is an official that he's talked to several times during his career. "I was kind of shocked by the first one."

Odom was also ejected in his last appearance at the American Airlines Center. His final play as a Laker was a forearm to Dirk Nowitzki's chest that resulted in Odom being ejected during the Mavericks' sweep-sealing rout in Game 4 of last season's Western Conference semifinals.

NBA_Starter
12-25-2011, 10:21 PM
You have to watch it, these refs seem to be trigger happy today regardless of who you are.

Iodine
12-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Cool title to make the guy look worse than it is bro!

airforceones25
12-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Idk what's worse...
This title or Matt Barnes acting like he's won a championship while trying to call out Blake Griffin. Lol

Ebbs
12-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Yea way to make Odom look like some evil *** hole...

Refs called a lot of crap today I feel would normally slide

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-25-2011, 10:40 PM
It's what he said in his defense is what I wanted to point out. He shouldn't use his past credentials for the benefit of his current stuff that goes on the basketball court. Once you leave the Lakers for another team, you are that team's problem!

utl768
that title made odom seem like an ******* but the quote is fine imo

TO Rapz
This title is ********.. :laugh2:

John Walls Era
12-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Not what I initially expected from the title. What did he expect? He was never a superstar anyways and even Lakers get t'd up.

airforceones25
12-25-2011, 10:45 PM
It's what he said in his defense is what I wanted to point out. He shouldn't use his past credentials for the benefit of his current stuff that goes on the basketball court. Once you leave the Lakers for another team, you are that team's problem!

What he said and what you wrote are totally different. He never even mentions being an ex-Laker. Nice try :clap:

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-25-2011, 10:48 PM
What he said and what you wrote are totally different. He never even mentions being an ex-Laker. Nice try :clap:

Don't think he won 2 titles with the Clippers or Heat, am I incorrect in that regard?

ChaseHamels
12-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Don't think he won 2 titles with the Clippers or Heat, am I incorrect in that regard?

Way to throw the guy under the bus. This is just a horrible thread title.

NBA_Starter
12-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Maybe he needs a hug, he is angry lately

shep33
12-25-2011, 11:17 PM
he looked out of shape compared to last year in all honesty

GREATNESS ONE
12-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Cool title to make the guy look worse than it is bro!

Hey cool story bro :)

unwantedplayer
12-26-2011, 12:04 AM
those star tattoos on the back of his head are downright awful

sorry for going off topic

MrfadeawayJB
12-26-2011, 01:58 AM
did they change the name of the thread title. What was it originally?

SteBO
12-26-2011, 09:09 AM
The referees in general need to check themselves. The officiating in the Knicks, Heat, and Bulls games today were downright ridiculous. No need to call technicals on players for showing some emotion. It's as if the refs' feelings get hurt every time a player challenges them......Butthurt is a good term for this (Joey Crawford, I'm looking at you)

Kakaroach
12-26-2011, 01:23 PM
These technical fouls are really making the game harder to watch. All fans want to see the players express emotion, thats what makes basketball so much fun. There are no helmets or hats covering up their faces so we get to see raw emotion. The refs need to calm the hell down and swallow the whistles sometimes.

As for Odom, he really needs to check himself. He just gets way too emotional sometimes.

D-Will4Prez
12-26-2011, 02:54 PM
I hate Odom but that was a huge flop by LeBron and the ejection was totally uncalled for. The NBA is a joke.

yankeesown69
12-26-2011, 03:29 PM
He deserves a technical for being married to Khloe Kardashian...so i'm not surprised. =D

Lim
12-27-2011, 03:06 AM
those star tattoos on the back of his head are downright awful

sorry for going off topic

pretty sure that's his hair shaped into a star.

also, anyone have the video of this?

ssprimetime
12-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Idk what's worse...
This title or Matt Barnes acting like he's won a championship while trying to call out Blake Griffin. Lol

idk whats worse a packers and clippers fan or a bandwagon fan whoops im sorry i didnt mean to call you out.

KB-Pau-DH2012
01-25-2012, 08:57 PM
We got ourselves another troll ladies and gentleman! ;)