PDA

View Full Version : KG swipes at Bill Walkers neck after the final buzzer - No punishment from league

Pages : [1] 2

Corey
12-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Here is the video (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Kevin-Garnett-tops-off-his-team-8217-s-f?urn=nba-wp12436)

Classless, unnecessary move by Kevin Garnett (again).

I'm a Celtics fan. I have no problem admitting that KG needs to cut the ****. He's not even a dominant player anymore. He's trying to be a tough guy, and he crosses the line yet again.

kozelkid
12-25-2011, 04:43 PM
I love how Baron Davis is the mediator there. Maybe the beard is showing the maturity. :laugh2:

knicks=love
12-25-2011, 04:43 PM
garnett is such a punk. i've never liked him.

29$JerZ
12-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Thank Baron's beard that Baron's beard was there to stop the foolishness.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Wasn't this also KG's former teammate? :facepalm:

tredigs
12-25-2011, 04:45 PM
And Garnett is probably suspended for game 2. On another note, I really am curious what's going to happen around game 20-30 for this Celtics squad. I can envision a few scenarios where they fail to make the playoffs.

Ebbs
12-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Garnett is rapidly becoming one of my least favorite players, dude has been a scuz bag for a couple years.

In all seriousness though what a chippy game how does Sasha get the tech against melo earlier in the game really.....

Melo killed it though (my first round pick!)

Corey
12-25-2011, 04:50 PM
I can envision a few scenarios where they fail to make the playoffs.

Highly doubtful.

But personally, I want them to trade the entire team away and rebuild.

GREATNESS ONE
12-25-2011, 04:50 PM
why does this not surprise me...

NYkillaPriest
12-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Garnett is rapidly becoming one of my least favorite players, dude has been a scuz bag for a couple years.

In all seriousness though what a chippy game how does Sasha get the tech against melo earlier in the game really.....

Melo killed it though (my first round pick!)

he didnt get the tech for roughing Melo..he got it because he was talking to the ref about the foul call and never stopped..the refs were jumpy anyway just to start the game...good hard fought game and KG was just mad cause Bill Walker closed out and affected his shot

NYkillaPriest
12-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Highly doubtful.

But personally, I want them to trade the entire team away and rebuild.

Even Rondo??

GiantsSwaGG
12-25-2011, 04:55 PM
KG is classless and a *****...he doesn't deserve to be in the league.

knicks=love
12-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Even Rondo??

no way. they'll be able to build a good team around rondo and green.

Ebbs
he didnt get the tech for roughing Melo..he got it because he was talking to the ref about the foul call and never stopped..the refs were jumpy anyway just to start the game...good hard fought game and KG was just mad cause Bill Walker closed out and affected his shot

Oh ok. Lol I was watching while we opened presents here and my mom wouldn't let me have volume on the tv

mttwlsn16
I love how Baron Davis is the mediator there. Maybe the beard is showing the maturity. :laugh2:

he did that least yr when people took shots at blake. even tho he never comes into the season in shape, i have a ton of respect for the guy bc he always backs his teammates and doesnt take **** from anybody

FriedTofuz
Screw KG He's just mad cuz he sucks now.

FriedTofuz
12-25-2011, 04:59 PM

Rondo is overated. The only reason why he can make so many assists is because hes played with these hall of famers for a while and know their style. Also, the big 3 are all hall of famers and they make shots because he knows their spots and where they want the ball. On a rebuilding team, he wouldnt be able to pass as well and his assists would be way down. hes overated, a guard that cant even shoot.

CousinsEvansDUO
12-25-2011, 05:01 PM
I don't blame Garnette. That kid that contested his shot was an SOB, that shot was suppose to go in and I totally understand KG's frustration...that is just utter BS. Walker didn't contest the shot his hand slapped him in his face and eyes that is why he missed. Rondo put up such effort it's ridiculous that they won. Knicks played terrible apart from Melo's lucky shots it should have been a Celtic win.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-25-2011, 05:03 PM
I don't blame Garnette. That kid that contested his shot was an SOB, that shot was suppose to go in and I totally understand KG's frustration...that is just utter BS. Walker didn't contest the shot his hand slapped him in his face and eyes that is why he missed. Rondo put up such effort it's ridiculous that they won. Knicks played terrible apart from Melo's lucky shots it should have been a Celtic win.

I don't know if this is trolling or if you are just straight up whack.

Khalifa21
12-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Don't feed the troll...

cubbies7177
12-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Rondo is overated. The only reason why he can make so many assists is because hes played with these hall of famers for a while and know their style. Also, the big 3 are all hall of famers and they make shots because he knows their spots and where they want the ball. On a rebuilding team, he wouldnt be able to pass as well and his assists would be way down. hes overated, a guard that cant even shoot.

Wow, did you not see Rondo today? If his jumper is real, if his FT % improved, I don't see how you can say he's overrated. He has incredible vision, but clearly that means nothing to you. Just points, right? F**king idiot.

Also, DID YOU SEE THE KNICKS OFFENSE? DID YOU SEE THE KNICKS HAVE THE WORST OFFENSIVE FLOW EVER? MELO = KNICKS. As a Bulls fan, I was so happy to watch that game and to see just how incompetent the Knicks are as a team (outside of Melo, Stat, and Tyson)... the rest of the team is straight garbage and Shumpert going down doesn't help at all.

NYkillaPriest
12-25-2011, 05:05 PM

Jury is still out on that..a lot could have changed in this extended off-season..he hit some shot today and regardless he knows how to get to the rim and finish..also only missed 3 FTs, that can be big for him..and i think his assist comes from knowing the offense..and you cant fault him because he knows how to get scorers the ball where they like it cause a lot of guards cant do it

Khalifa21
12-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Shout out Baron's beard for putting that punk *** KG in his place....

BALKIS2K12
12-25-2011, 05:06 PM
yeah this guy got away with elbowing barea in the neck a few times last year.

Corey
12-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Even Rondo??

Sure, even Rondo.

I'm a firm believer that Rondo isn't a player you can build around.

knicks=love
12-25-2011, 05:07 PM

after this post, i'm 110% sure you are a moron and anti-knicks.

NYkillaPriest
12-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Wow, did you not see Rondo today? If his jumper is real, if his FT % improved, I don't see how you can say he's overrated. He has incredible vision, but clearly that means nothing to you. Just points, right? F**king idiot.

Also, DID YOU SEE THE KNICKS OFFENSE? DID YOU SEE THE KNICKS HAVE THE WORST OFFENSIVE FLOW EVER? MELO = KNICKS. As a Bulls fan, I was so happy to watch that game and to see just how incompetent the Knicks are as a team (outside of Melo, Stat, and Tyson)... the rest of the team is straight garbage and Shumpert going down doesn't help at all.

d*** Toney Douglas cant get any love..he scored and played good defense...and dont go to Rondo scoring 31 as TD not playing good D because a lot of his points came off fast breaks and FTs...and it was a team game throughout the first half in the second half the wheels just fell off and Melo picked us up

knicks=love
12-25-2011, 05:09 PM

i hate the celtics more than the next guy, but he's honestly the only guy i like, aside from allen, on that team. i don't think he's underrated at all. sure, he's got 3 hall of famers with him so it's easier for him, but put a guy like toney douglas with him, and i don't think it'd be the same result. rondo is a past first PG and douglas isn't.

Cal827
12-25-2011, 05:12 PM
I think we can all agree, that Baron Davis's beard is a peace maker... they gotta get it to the UN, cause it's has proven that it can deal with conflicts better than the ******s there.

Byronicle
12-25-2011, 05:14 PM
as much as a hate garnett, this doesn't piss me off much because well he is a competitor and this was clearly out of frustration

i mean he's still a douchesaurus but i wouldn't go after him

NYY NYJ NYK
12-25-2011, 05:14 PM
He's always been a classless douchebag his entire career.

Its just that people really started paying attention since he went 2 Boston.

OnWisconsin2007
12-25-2011, 05:19 PM
KG is so butthurt. I can't stand the dude

cubbies7177
12-25-2011, 05:19 PM
d*** Toney Douglas cant get any love..he scored and played good defense...and dont go to Rondo scoring 31 as TD not playing good D because a lot of his points came off fast breaks and FTs...and it was a team game throughout the first half in the second half the wheels just fell off and Melo picked us up

wow, you are really giving TD love. HE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR THE FLOW OF THE GAME. I didn't blame Rondo scoring 31 on TD. Rondo scoring 31 can be attributed to his development of a jumper. BUT TD IS NOT A PG, HE'S A BACKUP guard (undersized for 2, not good enough at passing for 1).... To call him a legitimate starter is a JOKE. I don't think you understand the JOB OF A POINT GUARD. DISTRIBUTE and CONTROL FLOW OF GAME, and the knicks had neither the ENTIRE GAME. The Knicks have two of the best 1-on-1 players in the league.

I fully expect NYK to get eliminated 1st or 2nd round. WHY DOES NO ONE SEE THAT DANTONI'S SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK? No defense, All offense without a PG just doesn't work. The Knicks are betting their entire season on Baron Davis. Hilarious.

NYkillaPriest
12-25-2011, 05:20 PM
KG is so butthurt. I can't stand the dude

that's my favorite word to describe somebody who doesn't get what they want and fits KG well

NYY NYJ NYK
12-25-2011, 05:21 PM

Yes because outside of Rose, Boozer and Noah the Bulls have ana amazing team :rolleyes:

kozelkid
12-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Yes because outside of Rose, Boozer and Noah the Bulls have ana amazing team :rolleyes:

I agree. Deng, Omer, Rip, Taj, Brewer are ALL quality role players/borderline allstar (mostly Deng).

billsftw
12-25-2011, 05:22 PM
he mad
The celtics should cut him loose, he;s a shame to an otherwise GREAT organization

uprightciti
12-25-2011, 05:23 PM
chocolate satan
merry christmas

Ebbs
12-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Sure, even Rondo.

I'm a firm believer that Rondo isn't a player you can build around.

I agree. But he played very good today made some great plays all around

mynameismo
12-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Beard = world peace

assisi805
12-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Woww, What a good way to start the season, KG just has no class and is taking his trash talking to a whole other level and actually starting to man handle people. Maybe somebody needs to send him a Msg.

assisi805
12-25-2011, 05:27 PM
That first sentence was real, That game was a great way to start the NBA season haha just to clarify.

Teeboy1487
12-25-2011, 05:27 PM
I hate KG and the Celtics so much. I'm not surprised. KG needs to be suspended.

Corey
12-25-2011, 05:28 PM

Hamilton and Deng are some of the best role players in the league actually.

DaVille
12-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Baron Davis handles the situation like a Boss

Corey
12-25-2011, 05:29 PM
I agree. But he played very good today made some great plays all around

Certainly. I completely agree. It's going to take more than one game for me to change my opinion of him though.

He lit up the Knicks last year in the playoffs too. Today didn't really surprise me.

NYsFinest
12-25-2011, 05:33 PM
wow, you are really giving TD love. HE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR THE FLOW OF THE GAME. I didn't blame Rondo scoring 31 on TD. Rondo scoring 31 can be attributed to his development of a jumper. BUT TD IS NOT A PG, HE'S A BACKUP guard (undersized for 2, not good enough at passing for 1).... To call him a legitimate starter is a JOKE. I don't think you understand the JOB OF A POINT GUARD. DISTRIBUTE and CONTROL FLOW OF GAME, and the knicks had neither the ENTIRE GAME. The Knicks have two of the best 1-on-1 players in the league.

I fully expect NYK to get eliminated 1st or 2nd round. WHY DOES NO ONE SEE THAT DANTONI'S SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK? No defense, All offense without a PG just doesn't work. The Knicks are betting their entire season on Baron Davis. Hilarious.

once baron davis, bibby and shumpert (not ideal but all better passers than toney) get healthy and kmart is signed and comes back from china... the Knicks depth and pg situation will be fine.

xxcubs22xx
12-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Going at the throat like that just ain't cool. That's crossing the line. Something that KG clearly has trouble with.

thedfactor
12-25-2011, 05:37 PM
KG has hurt his rep with all these cheap shots and dumb gestures. He's embarrassing himself

ClippersE.G
12-25-2011, 05:38 PM
I dont see how anyone, even the most die hard Celtics fan can defend this. If he does not get fined or suspended I dont see why guys should see a reason not to do this themselves if they know they are gonna get away with it

Weezy
12-25-2011, 05:40 PM

Hahaha fear the beard. Baron going mob style on KG the punk.

Slimsim
12-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Davis part was badass

JEDean89
12-25-2011, 05:53 PM
KG is just too high on himself, the fact that he makes 20+mil a year is just astounding. he has a terrible demeanor and is constantly provoking fights. the celts are still a good team, allen is still allen, kg is still decent, i imagine pierce should still be an allstar and rondo looks fantastic. they are a center away from being a contender once more. toney is a player that people hate on, but i am personally thrilled that Baron can't come back for a few weeks so we can truly see what we have with toney. his passing will get better as he learns this offense and his defense is already solid (3 steals). this is a new team that hasn't had time to gel. hopefully this season will play out more like a long training camp. all we need to do is make the playoffs and then it's anyone's game. give a team a chance, this was there third game together and they played a team that has been together 4 years and won a championship. celts had no excuse to lose this game and no losing pierce is not an excuse. they still started 3 all stars.

John Walls Era
12-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Bill Walker is kind of a smug *****.

magichatnumber9
12-25-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm a C's fan and I don't condone or support what KG did.

PacersForLife
12-25-2011, 06:09 PM
KG choking former teammates, Ray Allen calling out David West, Paul Pierce missing season opener..... This Celtics squad is declining noticeably. Rondo was really impressive though, I don't see them fighting for another championship for awhile.

DaVille
12-25-2011, 06:13 PM
KG choking former teammates, Ray Allen calling out David West, Paul Pierce missing season opener..... This Celtics squad is declining noticeably. Rondo was really impressive though, I don't see them fighting for another championship for awhile.

:facepalm:
did you come up with that conclusion alone? Celtics were in a game without their top scorer. STFU

kingsdelez24
12-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Thats what I call 2-way choking

Sadds The Gr8
12-25-2011, 06:17 PM
KG shoulda chokeslammed that motha****a

AddiX
12-25-2011, 06:18 PM
did you come up with that conclusion alone? Celtics were in a game without their top scorer. STFU

But we have mike d as a HC, so it kind of evens out IMO. :D

Vee-Rex
12-25-2011, 06:38 PM
You people call that choking? Lol. That's almost as bad as claiming he lunged at Channing Frye's testicles.

The thread's title is correct. However, hardly anyone is mentioning how Bill Walker is walking up to KG and provoking him. Yes, KG shouldn't have done it but Walker also shouldn't have stepped up to him like that.

This KG crying is starting to get old. There are current NBA players that are worse trash talkers (KG is just more expressive of it), and no one EVER was a bigger trash talker than Larry Bird.

VillaMaravilla
12-25-2011, 06:39 PM
garnett is a chump plain and simple been saying it for years.....

VillaMaravilla
12-25-2011, 06:42 PM
But we have mike d as a HC, so it kind of evens out IMO. :D

and we had no pg with Bdiddy out it more then evens out I cant stand this Celtic team they think their a bunch og tough guys starting with Garnett im glad Walker was about to put the smack down on that skinny old f

Nyc4You
12-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Walker or Baron should have done this to him http://nbagifs01.skyblog.com/pics/132689691.gif :laugh:

85BearsDefense
12-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Atta boy KG

Sportfan
12-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Davis needs to change his name to B Diddy Metta World Peace Swagg.

I wish the Celtics had him instead of Dooling, imagine if we got Harden instead of Green too :jumpy:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-25-2011, 07:03 PM
and we had no pg with Bdiddy out it more then evens out I cant stand this Celtic team they think their a bunch og tough guys starting with Garnett im glad Walker was about to put the smack down on that skinny old f

Wait, are you trying to say Baron Davis is as good as Pierce? :laugh:

Davidgta1
12-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Why did bill Walker get tough after someone was holding him back?

sep11ie
12-25-2011, 07:13 PM
What, KG went after a Guard? No way. He wouldn't do that, not ever...

Googilyotta21
12-25-2011, 07:15 PM
As a T-wolves fan KG was always very passionate. He is getting worse though with this kinda stuff. Unnecessary to do it. You can show passion without making your self look bad.

Agar81
12-25-2011, 07:37 PM
You guys are laughable. I don't condone exactly what KG did but he was CLEARLY provoked by Walker ( who was acting like a tough guy that thought he actually contributed to the game).

ks32
12-25-2011, 07:38 PM

wait didnt u guys say injuries arent an excuse last year in the playoffs?

IceMan360
12-25-2011, 07:40 PM
How is this thread worthy smh i expect better Corey

hugepatsfan
12-25-2011, 07:40 PM
KG is a punk, but his reputration is hurting him here. We didn't even see what Walker did. Why was Walker up in KG's grill? KG's a punk and obviously overreacted, but it's not like he just lunged at the guy for no reason. If you want to prove KG is a punk, there are a million examples you could use over this.

It's also worth pointing out that Walker and KG had a fight in training camp during Walker's rookie season and Walker also had a fight w/ Lebron in that preseason. So it's not like he's a victim. I bet he had a large part in the fight, which the video in the original post doesn't catch.

nyballa1991
12-25-2011, 07:44 PM
wait didnt u guys say injuries arent an excuse last year in the playoffs?

+1

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-25-2011, 07:44 PM
what a dick

Audubon
12-25-2011, 07:46 PM
I don't like his antics on the court.

knicks=love
12-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Thats what I call 2-way choking

Your sig makes absolutely no sense.

Dolfan305
12-25-2011, 07:56 PM
KG and Pierce might both be out for Miami. haha

TO Rapz
12-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Your sig makes absolutely no sense.

PSYCHE! Thats the wrong sig.

69centers
12-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Walker is lucky he's not in the D-league. He should make the most of his time by actually trying to contribute to his team rather than pick fights with guys who are 15x better than he'll ever be. Maybe he's still bitter at the C's for trading him and not giving him any playing time when he was here.

KG was wrong and should have had that fire in him during the actual game, rather than afterward. He played harder in the two preseason games than this one.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Walker is lucky he's not in the D-league. He should make the most of his time by actually trying to contribute to his team rather than pick fights with guys who are 15x better than he'll ever be. Maybe he's still bitter at the C's for trading him and not giving him any playing time when he was here.

KG was wrong and should have had that fire in him during the actual game, rather than afterward. He played harder in the two preseason games than this one.

He wasn't picking a fight.

He retaliated to that dumbass KG.

Corey
12-25-2011, 08:31 PM
How is this thread worthy smh i expect better Corey

Sorry I'm not a big enough blind-Boston-homer for your liking.

I'm allowed to criticize players on my favorite team.

MrfadeawayJB
12-25-2011, 08:35 PM
He might be doing this quite a bit this season cause the C's look old

AndyfromNeptune
12-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Sorry I'm not a big enough blind-Boston-homer for your liking.

I'm allowed to criticize players on my favorite team.

As a Knicks fan I have the utmost respect for you making this thread.

Just like I have no problem noting how abominable Amare was on D today.

Good Game...everytime the Celtics and Knicks play...the game is usually pretty exciting.. a nice way to start off the season !

knicks_champ
12-25-2011, 08:43 PM
When the thread started.. The responses were good now it has turned into *facepalm.

Corey
12-25-2011, 08:48 PM
When the thread started.. The responses were good now it has turned into *facepalm.

Celtics defenders arrived.

Honestly, trash talk is part of the game. Garnett does it as much as anyone through the course of a game...But when someone does it to him, he somehow has the right to lay his hands on him?

Give me a break. He's a big ****ing baby. I've tolerated it as 'passion' for a while, but he's a complete hypocrite. He was butthurt over a loss, and he couldn't take it like a man.

knicks_champ
12-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Celtics defenders arrived.

Honestly, trash talk is part of the game. Garnett does it as much as anyone through the course of a game...But when someone does it to him, he somehow has the right to lay his hands on him?

Give me a break. He's a big ****ing baby. I've tolerated it as 'passion' for a while, but he's a complete hypocrite. He was butthurt over a loss, and he couldn't take it like a man.

Yep! It's truly ugly how some people would stoop that low to defend someone's action to put their hands on someone.

The GEEEEE Men
12-25-2011, 09:13 PM
I like how Walker was all tough when people started holding him back lol.. and I'm Knicks fan

SteBO
12-25-2011, 09:29 PM
The Celtics better hope Pierce plays on Tuesday, because I'm not convinced KG will be available at that time. It would still be a great game regardless because Rondo proved today that when needed, he can score and set people up in the same breath as opposed to just doing one per game. But KG should know better, period. Enough is enough at some point......

Corey
12-25-2011, 09:33 PM
I like how Walker was all tough when people started holding him back lol.. and I'm Knicks fan

That made me laugh as well actually...haha.

When Garnett swiped at him, Walker put his hands up and started to back away...then other people came over and got in front of him and he acted like he was going to go at KG.

Basketball players in general need to lose the tough guy routine.

knicks_champ
12-25-2011, 09:34 PM

Garnett probably said something that made him get mad as he was walking away.

Gram
12-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Why does Garnett only start **** with guards and small forwards?

Kashmir13579
12-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Here is the video (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Kevin-Garnett-tops-off-his-team-8217-s-f?urn=nba-wp12436)

Classless, unnecessary move by Kevin Garnett (again).

I'm a Celtics fan. I have no problem admitting that KG needs to cut the ****. He's not even a dominant player anymore. He's trying to be a tough guy, and he crosses the line yet again.

Thats who he is. He isnt gonna change at this point in his career.

NBA_Starter
12-25-2011, 10:06 PM
We don't know what Walker may have said but still uncalled for.

kgformvp21
12-25-2011, 10:07 PM
So your telling me you wouldnt of got mad if a scrub like walker talked ****
i was at the game, the part they dont show is right when kg missed it walker got right into his face, then he walked away then garnett did something..and kg is a scrub are u serious..the knicks whole franchise is built around scrubs...even when you get a non scrub billups on your team you let him go and replace him with two scrubs with baron and bibby, plzz.... People just dont like garnett plays with emotion

psperry34116
12-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Dick move by KG, but I dont understand why everybody is saying that the Celtics are done. Even though they lost, they had 3 players who had over 20 points. Rondo showed incredible improvement on his jumper and free throws. Brandon Bass looked way better than Davis and the Celtics broke 100 points and lost by a bucket without their top scorer. Theres no reason that the celtics cannot have a great year.

Kyle N.
12-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Garnett should be suspended for a game. There's no room for that **** in the NBA. :pity:

ramones
12-25-2011, 10:23 PM
there's one word to describe this thug, and you all know what it is

P Styles
12-25-2011, 10:34 PM
there's one word to describe this thug, and you all know what it is

He's no thug he's a coward. I would've loved to see him try grabbing Tyson Chandler by the throat. He only puts on his act to Euro's, Rookies, and Guards.

knicks=love
12-25-2011, 10:46 PM
So your telling me you wouldnt of got mad if a scrub like walker talked ****
i was at the game, the part they dont show is right when kg missed it walker got right into his face, then he walked away then garnett did something..and kg is a scrub are u serious..the knicks whole franchise is built around scrubs...even when you get a non scrub billups on your team you let him go and replace him with two scrubs with baron and bibby, plzz.... People just dont like garnett plays with emotion

you're not seeing the whole picture. who gives a **** if they talked **** after the shot? garnett ****ing choked walker, and that's so uncalled for in every state of mind, and unsportsman-like in every way. he's just being a sore loser at that point. just ****ing walk away from it.

kgformvp21
12-25-2011, 10:51 PM
you're not seeing the whole picture. who gives a **** if they talked **** after the shot? garnett ****ing choked walker, and that's so uncalled for in every state of mind, and unsportsman-like in every way. he's just being a sore loser at that point. just ****ing walk away from it.

Its called a mistake...Im not saying what he did was right..but to call him a scrub and a punk? serious.... a scrub? a previous mvp? And kg gets alot of **** his way too. he plays hard and with emotion..this is what alot of people would rather see in the nba anyways..jeez they do it in hockey?

kgformvp21
12-25-2011, 10:52 PM
He's no thug he's a coward. I would've loved to see him try grabbing Tyson Chandler by the throat. He only puts on his act to Euro's, Rookies, and Guards.

One game knicks fan..one game....

avrpatsfan
12-25-2011, 10:53 PM
:laugh: He just put up 31 points bro.

P Styles
12-25-2011, 11:05 PM
One game knicks fan..one game....

?? Not sure what you're trying to say here

knicks=love
12-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Its called a mistake...Im not saying what he did was right..but to call him a scrub and a punk? serious.... a scrub? a previous mvp? And kg gets alot of **** his way too. he plays hard and with emotion..this is what alot of people would rather see in the nba anyways..jeez they do it in hockey?

it was not a mistake. i don't even care what else you had to say cause i stopped right after i read this. how the hell was choking another player a mistake? to have to do something like that to that extent means he had an intention of doing so in the first place when walker apparently said something. whether he said something or not, you don't ****ing choke someone. that's just low and classless.

knicks=love
12-25-2011, 11:06 PM
?? Not sure what you're trying to say here

:laugh:

heatfan03
12-25-2011, 11:07 PM
would you expect anything less the guy is a joke , great player but his antics are ridiculous

justinnum1
12-25-2011, 11:10 PM
he could be suspended for the tues game vs mia

Corey
12-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Clean it up guys.

NickyNick
12-26-2011, 12:17 AM
hate to say it, but everyone is being hypocritical in some way. In the past everyone said "kg talks so much trash but doesnt back it up, i cant wait until someone drops him" and this time bill walker talks trash to him and he does something about it, and KG is still the bad guy.....pick a side and stick with it

and im not in favor of what he did, it was extremely classless and his emotions got the better of him, but hes obviously damned if he does , damned if he doesnt

avrpatsfan
12-26-2011, 12:28 AM
I'm a big KG fan (obviously) but he needs to cut his ****. I love his intensity, but this needs to stop. There's a fine line between being physical and playing dirty. And KG is crossing it.

mizzacNYC
12-26-2011, 12:29 AM
KG's a sore loser... Him and Pierce are extremely arrogant. They expect to beat the Knicks every time so now that he took the L he loses his cool and strikes B. Walker. Nice move from a guy that talks as much trash as anybody in the league if not the most. He's been called a fake tough guy I dont remember which player called him that, but I bet he wouldn't have tried that with STAT. I'd also put my money on B. Walker if it would have turned into a fight.

Always nice to beat the Celtics...

Hustlenomics
12-26-2011, 12:33 AM

I can't believe people are still saying this stupid **** after the game he played

JollyRanch
12-26-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm waiting on someone to knock KG on his ***. Long time coming.

Corey
12-26-2011, 12:37 AM
I can't believe people are still saying this stupid **** after the game he played
You do realize that you're doing the same exact thing by basing his performance off one game..?

GoJohnnies718
12-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Garnett is really tarnishing his legacy by how dirty he is.

Hustlenomics
12-26-2011, 12:41 AM
You do realize that you're doing the same exact thing by basing his performance off one game..?

Rondo's been running this team for years now while the other three are declining this isn't the only good game he's had

thephoenixson28
12-26-2011, 12:46 AM
KG to the suns

Badluck33
12-26-2011, 12:50 AM
Hell Yeah! NBA IS BACK and KG made it official!

Party-time!!!!!

Avenged
12-26-2011, 12:55 AM
He was just mad he missed an open shot. I mean KG likes to talk a lot of **** but when Walker steps to the plate he can't receive it back. Normally stuff like this isn't a big deal to me but the fact that he want at his throat is. I heard the guys on ESPN saying KG might be suspended. :shrug:

xBLAMEITON24x
12-26-2011, 12:59 AM
always bullying the players he knows wont retaliate

kg is a joke

TheBigORobinson
12-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Ah it wasn't so bad. Get over it, guys. Doctor J and Larry Bird did EXACTLY the same thing to each other in a heated battle and in the end, everyone got over it. Someone mouthed off to KG to taunt him and rub in that he lost and he took exception to it.....he was wrong and Walker was wrong to say what he said. Its over now and like the battles many people have had over the years (from Isaiah Thomas to Bird to Howard's elbows to Kobe kicking people to the multiple dirty fouls of Bynum).

Not a big deal.

Big2win
12-26-2011, 01:17 AM
I like how B-Diddy grab that punk by his jersey. You never see KG doing that to a certified hot head in the league or a guy that is intimidating. He should have said something to Stoudemire or Chandler. No, he picks the second string SG to take issues with. Such a coward.

The Final Boss
12-26-2011, 01:28 AM
These kind of people never cease to amaze me.

Kyle N.
12-26-2011, 01:40 AM
hate to say it, but everyone is being hypocritical in some way. In the past everyone said "kg talks so much trash but doesnt back it up, i cant wait until someone drops him" and this time bill walker talks trash to him and he does something about it, and KG is still the bad guy.....pick a side and stick with it

and im not in favor of what he did, it was extremely classless and his emotions got the better of him, but hes obviously damned if he does , damned if he doesnt

Ha ha. No. He needs to stop being such a ridiculous trash talker.

heyman321
12-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Man Baron Davis needs to release a book: How to Grow a Beard of the Gods.

RangersMets
12-26-2011, 04:49 AM
Aww did Bill Walker hurt your feelings and you're too slow to come up with a response so you just attack?

I hope Garnett's kids were watching this.

DodgerB24
12-26-2011, 04:57 AM
Man Baron Davis needs to release a book: How to Grow a Beard of the Gods.

:laugh:

Swashcuff
12-26-2011, 09:19 AM
This thread is why respect guys like Corey, Hawkeye, ManRam, tredigs etc. Guys who though they are homers to an extent can be critical of their own players and hold nothing back. IMO that's a real sports fan not those who ride their players **** and act like they can do no wrong.

Back on topic KG is a douche but that's what makes him who he is, does he cross the line at times sure but that's what makes him go. Not defending the action by no means but I think if KG were to stop being who he is because he isn't as great a player anymore it would take away from his game. He's at his best when he gets into other players' head.

Jesse2272
12-26-2011, 09:47 AM
I like it...should fire evy 1 up...its a rivalry now!...as long as we dont have a PJ tossing Cward event...big deal...

Nycbball08
12-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Ah it wasn't so bad. Get over it, guys. Doctor J and Larry Bird did EXACTLY the same thing to each other in a heated battle and in the end, everyone got over it. Someone mouthed off to KG to taunt him and rub in that he lost and he took exception to it.....he was wrong and Walker was wrong to say what he said. Its over now and like the battles many people have had over the years (from Isaiah Thomas to Bird to Howard's elbows to Kobe kicking people to the multiple dirty fouls of Bynum).

Not a big deal.

And Duncan was wrong for saying what he said on the bench when he got tossed by Joey Crawford right?.,.,bottom line this is not the 70es, the game has change and players need to adjust...

Gram
12-26-2011, 10:12 AM

You mean all the other times he's been a little *****, have been mistakes as well? Face it man the guy's a little *****, all he does is start **** but won't finish it...

Greet
12-26-2011, 10:37 AM
I love the intensity KG brings to the court. I would love him on the Nets. He's still a world class defender, and is so smart on the court. Could care less what he does after a game, that could be changed. Would take him in a heart-beat.

Rocco007
12-26-2011, 10:54 AM
KG plays like a grouchy old man...Definately not aging with grace...

Greet
12-26-2011, 10:55 AM
I love Laker fans that talk trash. Why is Bynum suspended again?

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 10:55 AM
KG without a doubt has done some things over the course of his career that are undeniably embarrassing, but the NBA is full of thugs so if your a fan of the NBA you better get used to it because ITS PART OF TODAYS GAME.

But how can people say this was 100% KG's fault?

#1 KG didn't CHOKE Bill Walker, if you can't see that from the video then there is not hope for you.

#2 KG plays with a ton of emotion and sometimes he gets out of line, but would you honestly rather have a player that rolls over every time someone gets in his face or someone who stands up and takes no bulls@%t? I'll take the ladder.

#3 What you don't see in the video is the fact that KG was provoked by Bill Walker and has had a history with him, including a fight during Walkers rookie season with the C's. This didn't just happen out of no where. KG has notoriously been hard on younger players and has taken a hard stance against 'earning respect' in this league. If Bill Walker wants some respect he needs to start playing better on the court, nuff said.

KG isn't nearly the player he used to be back in Minny or even his first few years in Boston, but he's still better than nearly 75% of the players in this league, so if he's scoring 20+ppg and 12reb like in his prime are we even talking about this today?

No, people are just looking for a reason to bash KG while his career winds down and his numbers continue to slip.

This is a typical fanboy reaction.

SteBO
12-26-2011, 11:03 AM
KG without a doubt has done some things over the course of his career that are undeniably embarrassing, but the NBA is full of thugs so if your a fan of the NBA you better get used to it because ITS PART OF TODAYS GAME.

#1 KG didn't CHOKE Bill Walker, if you can't see that from the video then there is not hope for you.

#2 KG plays with a ton of emotion and sometimes he gets out of line, but would you honestly rather have a player that rolls over every time someone gets in his face or someone who stands up and takes no bulls@%t? I'll take the ladder.

#3 What you don't see in the video is the fact that KG was provoked by Bill Walker and has had a history with him, including a fight during Walkers rookie season with the C's. This didn't just happen out of no where. KG has notoriously been hard on younger players and has taken a hard stance against 'earning respect' in this league. If Bill Walker wants some respect he needs to start playing better on the court, nuff said.

KG isn't nearly the player he used to be back in Minny or even his first few years in Boston, but he's still better than nearly 75% of the players in this league, so if he's scoring 20+ppg and 12reb like in his prime are we even talking about this today?

No, people are just looking for a reason to bash KG while his career winds down and his numbers continue to slip.

I find it hard to disagree with you, but at what do you say to yourself enough is enough already? He needs to be the bigger man for once and just let it go, but I won't deny that Bill Walker instigated KG from the get-go. Walker seems to think he's bigger than what he is. It's comical actually.

onlythisfar41
12-26-2011, 11:26 AM

I stopped reading your post when you told me you would rather have a device used for climbing to high places.......its latter

onlythisfar41
12-26-2011, 11:30 AM

One more thing, your reaction is a "typical fanboy reaction". Youre blindly defending someone from your team who did something clearly wrong because youre a homer.

Its not very difficult for you to admit he did something wrong, there isnt any other way to look at it.

Im not bashing KG's ability to play the game of basketball, just his stupid childish actions.

The game was over, he was sour because he lost and missed what would have been the tying shot, so he lashed out inappropriately like a little kid. So, "if you cant see that from the video, there is not hope for you"

Rivera
12-26-2011, 11:32 AM
people especially in this thread need to get tough...so many whimps in this thread

if billy walker didnt want to get hit or choked out he shouldnt of opened his mouth

if you want to talk trash you better be able to back it up...point blank

america has become whoosified.....you cant even talk trash on the court anymore...and when you do and someone retaliates you better be ready

and for the record i am not a celtic fan

HOZ THE KNICK
12-26-2011, 11:38 AM
he will be suspended ..

Corey
12-26-2011, 11:39 AM
people especially in this thread need to get tough...so many whimps in this thread

if billy walker didnt want to get hit or choked out he shouldnt of opened his mouth

if you want to talk trash you better be able to back it up...point blank

america has become whoosified.....you cant even talk trash on the court anymore...and when you do and someone retaliates you better be ready

and for the record i am not a celtic fan

Hi, this is the NBA not street ball.

There's no excuse for laying your hands on another man.

Rivera
12-26-2011, 11:41 AM

concept is simple....trash talk is always a part of basketball...NBA or street....people will always trash talk

some people have short fuses...so if your going to trash talk be ready to back it up....point blank

Corey
12-26-2011, 11:44 AM
concept is simple....trash talk is always a part of basketball...NBA or street....people will always trash talk

some people have short fuses...so if your going to trash talk be ready to back it up....point blank

That's a laughable concept.

Garnett talks trash as much as anyone in the league. The second a (smaller) player says something back to him, he throws his hand at someone's throat.

Unacceptable.

Straight from the NBA rules:

There is absolutely no justification for fighting in an NBA game. The fact that you may feel provoked by another player is not an acceptable excuse. If a player takes it upon himself to retaliate, he can expect to be subject to appropriate penalties.

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 11:47 AM
I stopped reading your post when you told me you would rather have a device used for climbing to high places.......its latter

Cool story.

Greet
12-26-2011, 11:48 AM

There are fights all the time in the NBA. Just not telegraphed. It's throughout the game, and you're blind if you think other wise.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-26-2011, 11:50 AM
There are fights all the time in the NBA. Just not telegraphed. It's throughout the game, and you're blind if you think other wise.

but this happend after the game was over, if it would of happended during the game it would be a different story.

Corey
12-26-2011, 11:55 AM

There's a difference between pushing and shoving over the course of a game and attempting to throw a hand at someone after the final buzzer.

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Its not very difficult for you to admit he did something wrong, there isnt any other way to look at it.

Obviously you didn't read my post. I admitted he was wrong and on top of that has done numerous embarrassing things over the course of his career. While KG had his part to blame in this altercation, his isn't 100% to blame like people are saying here. Bill Walker deserves just as much, if not MORE blame than KG.

The game was over, he was sour because he lost and missed what would have been the tying shot, so he lashed out inappropriately like a little kid. So, "if you cant see that from the video, there is not hope for you"

This comment is laughable. So your telling me from this 'video' you can tell he was butthurt by losing the game and missing the shot and that's the reason he lashed out? If you saw what led up to this play you would have CLEARLY seen that Walker and KG were already heated before this play. Not to mention that BW managed to claw KG's face while trying to disrupt his shot (not saying this is wrong, because it happens in the NBA) but if you think him going after BW had ANYTHING to do with the loss your sadly mistaken. KG's beef yesterday started and ended with Bill Walker, it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Corey
12-26-2011, 11:57 AM
While KG had his part to blame in this altercation, his isn't 100% to blame like people are saying here. Bill Walker deserves just as much, if not MORE blame than KG.

...No chance. Bill Walker talked trash. Kevin Garnett made it phyiscal.

Rivera
12-26-2011, 12:11 PM
That's a laughable concept.

Garnett talks trash as much as anyone in the league. The second a (smaller) player says something back to him, he throws his hand at someone's throat.

Unacceptable.

Straight from the NBA rules:

you just agreed with my concept....kg talks trash to everyone but no one gets physical with him because they cant back it up...KG is gonna back up his

i know what the rules are .... i never said KG shouldnt get suspended..but people in general have become soft

because of there soft minds and they cant get over KGs throat...all i see on ESPN and PSD is about the KG grabbing the throat instead of a fantastic first game....it happened so what...talk about the game and make the kg "incident" a footnote of the game instead of the whole story...because people are soft they cant get over it and rather talk about KG than the actual game...people need to gain tougher skin and get over it

people here are soft now because the new NBA has been soft for over 10 years now...people need to get tough...theres an art to trash talk...and part of the art is being able to back that up

kobebabe
12-26-2011, 12:11 PM
I am not surprised! He is KG the dirty player! We all know this, don't we???
Dude has lost all the respect i had for him, if i ever had any!

NSJ
12-26-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm more sick of hearing people ***** about KG than you people are "sick of seeing KG act like a punk". KGs a competitor and in the heat of the moment any competitor would've done something similar. He missed the game tying shot, Bill was in his face and contributed to his miss and probably talked some serious **** after. KG was pissed enough about the miss and didn't want that dude in his face talking ****. That dude doesn't say anything KG doesn't push his face out of the way. It's a ****ing game, a physical one at that. You can't expect these type of emotions to not be displayed, and if it really bothers than don't watch.

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm more sick of hearing people ***** about KG than you people are "sick of seeing KG act like a punk". KGs a competitor and in the heat of the moment any competitor would've done something similar. He missed the game tying shot, Bill was in his face and contributed to his miss and probably talked some serious **** after. KG was pissed enough about the miss and didn't want that dude in his face talking ****. That dude doesn't say anything KG doesn't push his face out of the way. It's a ****ing game, a physical one at that. You can't expect these type of emotions to not be displayed, and if it really bothers than don't watch.

Exactly. This is the NBA, take it or leave it.

Corey
12-26-2011, 12:32 PM
you just agreed with my concept....kg talks trash to everyone but no one gets physical with him because they cant back it up...KG is gonna back up his

No, I actually didn't say that.

People don't get physical because they aren't dumb, and dont want to get suspended.

Unfortunately for the Celtics, Kevin Garnett is a dumbass, and he doesn't respect the rules enough to realize that his actions have repercussions.

Beltrans Mole
12-26-2011, 12:41 PM
KG is such a ****ing ***** man I can't that guy anymore. Grow up KG why don't you learn how to lose gracefully and act like a pro for once. The guy is a child.

Swashcuff
12-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Exactly. This is the NBA, take it or leave it.

Maliciously shoving a man in his throat is part of the NBA? Well blow me down.

PHX2daDEATH
12-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Walker or Baron should have done this to him http://nbagifs01.skyblog.com/pics/132689691.gif :laugh:

LOL Hooray for Anthony Peeler.. Well I think KG's surpassed Laimbeer for dirtiest and most hated player ever.

Yankee Clipper
12-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Maliciously shoving a man in his throat is part of the NBA? Well blow me down.

That's apparently what the league has come to :shrug:

Swashcuff
12-26-2011, 01:04 PM
LOL Hooray for Anthony Peeler.. Well I think KG's surpassed Laimbeer for dirtiest and most hated player ever.

:laugh2:

KG is not even among the most hated players ever and he isn't even a dirty player. Laimbeer literally wanted to hurt his opponents KG just gets in their head and sometimes loses his tempter. KG is NO where near Laimbeer in terms of dirty play. Bruce Bowen, Dennis Rodman hell even Karl Malone was dirtier than KG. Being a trash talker and a dirty player is two totally different things. KG plays within the rules of the game more so than those other players.

daleja424
12-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Be surprised if Garnett doesnt get a brief suspension. Then again, Stern hates Miami...so he'll probably let him play tomorrow night.

Time for Stern to go...

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Be surprised if Garnett doesnt get a brief suspension. Then again, Stern hates Miami...so he'll probably let him play tomorrow night.

Time for Stern to go...

It usually takes more than a couple of days for the NBA to decide the suspension length then you add in the fact that KG may appeal too.

Swashcuff
12-26-2011, 01:09 PM
That's apparently what the league has come to :shrug:

What league are we talking about? Because last I checked players receive suspensions for such acts. Soooo I need someone to really help me understand what part of the game it really is.

Infamous916
12-26-2011, 01:14 PM
I was at that game & it was epic, we ended up losing the series though. After the game, he was being interviewed by a reporter & said this (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004/news/story?id=1804051) stupid ****.

"This is it," he responded. "It's for all the marbles. I'm sitting in the house loading up the pump, I'm loading up the Uzis, I've got a couple of M-16s, couple of nines, couple of joints with some silencers on them, couple of grenades, got a missile launcher. I'm ready for war."
Can't fix stoopid.

ne3xchamps
12-26-2011, 01:14 PM

if green can come back and play. that heart surgery may end his career. I would love to see him back on the court, but I'm being cautiously optimistic.

PHX2daDEATH
12-26-2011, 01:15 PM
:laugh2:

KG is not even among the most hated players ever and he isn't even a dirty player. Laimbeer literally wanted to hurt his opponents KG just gets in their head and sometimes loses his tempter. KG is NO where near Laimbeer in terms of dirty play. Bruce Bowen, Dennis Rodman hell even Karl Malone was dirtier than KG. Being a trash talker and a dirty player is two totally different things. KG plays within the rules of the game more so than those other players.

ill word it differently..he's surpassed Laimbeer for being the biggest PUNK ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FASClJTnJ4I

hugepatsfan
12-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Everyone always says KG talks so much **** and that they can't wait till someone gets physical w/ him for it. Now when it's done to him people here are criticizing him for doing exactly what they were calling for.

KG is a punk, a sore loser, a brat, an insane person, etc.... but there are sooooooooooooo many better examples than this. Shoving someone that's in your grill talking **** really isn't that big of a deal. Going after the neck was the problem here. but it's not like he "choked" anyone. I'd give him a 1 game suspension if I were Stern.

Swashcuff
12-26-2011, 01:19 PM
One a poll (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1166789/index.htm) of 179 of the players in the league KG wasn't even considered among the top 5 dirtiest players in the game. How can he be the dirtiest of all time? :confused:

Don't ever mistake being a trash talker for a dirty player. Reggie Miller, Larry Bird and Magic are all considered some of the biggest trash talkers to ever play the game. That didn't make them dirty players. When 173 players were asked who was the biggest trash talker (http://www.csnne.com/pages/landing?KG-voted-NBAs-top-trash-talker=1&blockID=116492&feedID=3352) KG came out on top with a landslide win in that regard.

HeaTxRipZz
12-26-2011, 01:24 PM

i know what the rules are .... i never said KG shouldnt get suspended..but people in general have become soft

because of there soft minds and they cant get over KGs throat...all i see on ESPN and PSD is about the KG grabbing the throat instead of a fantastic first game....it happened so what...talk about the game and make the kg "incident" a footnote of the game instead of the whole story...because people are soft they cant get over it and rather talk about KG than the actual game...people need to gain tougher skin and get over it

people here are soft now because the new NBA has been soft for over 10 years now...people need to get tough...theres an art to trash talk...and part of the art is being able to back that up

Man your logic would fly if this was the WWE but it isn't. No one should turn anything to fighting. Now if it was the other way around you same guys defending KG would be against the player who attacked him for trash talking.

NYYCowboys
12-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Supposedly Walker didn't appreciate the way Garnett treated rookies when they were both on the Celtics.

Captain Moroni
12-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Let's send KG to the middle east for peace talks

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Everyone always says KG talks so much **** and that they can't wait till someone gets physical w/ him for it. Now when it's done to him people here are criticizing him for doing exactly what they were calling for.

KG is a punk, a sore loser, a brat, an insane person, etc.... but there are sooooooooooooo many better examples than this. Shoving someone that's in your grill talking **** really isn't that big of a deal. Going after the neck was the problem here. but it's not like he "choked" anyone. I'd give him a 1 game suspension if I were Stern.

x2

Couldn't have said it any better myself

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 02:08 PM
As a fan of any sport answer me this:

Would you rather have a passionate KG every night or a team full of players like the 2011 red sox in september?

I'll take KG and his love for the game he plays 1,000x over.

Keep it up KG! let the haters hate.

oak2455
12-26-2011, 02:24 PM
KG is a punk assssss ******, end of story:D

Swashcuff
12-26-2011, 02:24 PM
As a fan of any sport answer me this:

Would you rather have a passionate KG every night or a team full of players like the 2011 red sox in september?

I'll take KG and his love for the game he plays 1,000x over.

Keep it up KG! let the haters hate.

Yu know how foolish it is to defend a man who resorted to violence when he lost a game and couldn't control his temper. Kevin Garnnet would be the FIRST person to admit that it was wrong of him to get physical in any way. You guys really amaze me. I defend KGs passion for the game because I truly believe it makes him a better player but the mere fact that you're defending that he got physical plain not smart.

KnickNyKnick
12-26-2011, 02:28 PM
LoL @ people defending KG. it was xmas day. 1st game of the season. To make it worse it was after the game ended LoL! His actions were nothing more than a product of a sore loser. He could atleast wait until the 2nd game of the season to start shoving.

I think the fact that the celtics have won the last 8 against NY made him react that way aswell. He knows the tides are turning and NY wont be pushed over anymore.

5 Game suspension should be handed here. The fact that it was the 1st game since the lockout, and so this sore loser can get the point he doesn't own the court.

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Yu know how foolish it is to defend a man who resorted to violence when he lost a game and couldn't control his temper. Kevin Garnnet would be the FIRST person to admit that it was wrong of him to get physical in any way. You guys really amaze me. I defend KGs passion for the game because I truly believe it makes him a better player but the mere fact that you're defending that he got physical plain not smart.

So your telling me that the pushing and shoving that went on between the two is something new that doesn't happen in every NBA game?

I'm calling you out on that bulls**t comment, that's just stupid to say.

I'm not condoning his actions just simply pointing out the fact that it happens in nearly every NBA game and people are just so butthurt over it because its KG and he's a notorious 'trash talker'

Lay off the dude, KG plays EVERY game with more intensity and passion than most people will ever use in their entire existence as a human.

And don't even think about bringing up the fact that he "choked" Bill Walker, because if his intentions were to choke him he would have done it. It was simply pushing and shoving that ended up with his hand on his throat for a SPLIT SECOND while others were trying to intervene to break up the scuffle. You wanna see real choking go watch some domestic violence on youtube and tell me its the same thing.

colinskik
12-26-2011, 02:38 PM
^^ Either this guy is joking or he's 15.

Swashcuff
12-26-2011, 02:38 PM
So your telling me that the pushing and shoving that went on between the two is something new that doesn't happen in every NBA game?

I'm calling you out on that bulls**t comment, that's just stupid to say.

I'm not condoning his actions just simply pointing out the fact that it happens in nearly every NBA game and people are just so butthurt over it because its KG and he's a notorious 'trash talker'

Lay off the dude, KG plays EVERY game with more intensity and passion than most people will ever use in their entire existence as a human.

And don't even think about bringing up the fact that he "choked" Bill Walker, because if his intentions were to choke him he would have done it. It was simply pushing and shoving that ended up with his hand on his throat for a SPLIT SECOND while others were trying to intervene to break up the scuffle. You wanna see real choking go watch some domestic violence on youtube and tell me its the same thing.

Look at this this right where is why I respect guys like Corey. What kind of trash is this? This guy just said this happens every game. :pity:

You need to take a pause, remove you homer glasses and read through my posts in this thread.

Have I said ANYTHING about choking? What are you talking about? I never said KG choked him or tried to choke him. I said I believe KG is as great as he is largely due to the fact that he's such an intense player. But being intense doesn't mean you have to be a sore loser and get physical.

colinskik
12-26-2011, 02:42 PM
So when does his suspension get handed down? I have this feeling KG won't be punished fittingly.

This is pattern for KG and Stern has to finally acknowledge it and deter him with a healthy suspension.

Putting your hands around another player's neck during the course of a game is unacceptable, but to do it after the game is over is just childish and completely unacceptable.

KG is a old man and he needs to start acting like one.

NY007
12-26-2011, 02:51 PM
I always liked KG but the **** he's done the last 2 years is some punk *** ****.

FLWolvesFan
12-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Meh, KG should've kept his cool but Walker shouldn't have been in his face after KG just missed the final shot. Both showed a lack of class and professionalism.

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Look at this this right where is why I respect guys like Corey. What kind of trash is this? This guy just said this happens every game. :pity:

You need to take a pause, remove you homer glasses and read through my posts in this thread.

Have I said ANYTHING about choking? What are you talking about? I never said KG choked him or tried to choke him. I said I believe KG is as great as he is largely due to the fact that he's such an intense player. But being intense doesn't mean you have to be a sore loser and get physical.

So your telling me that pushing and shoving doesn't happen in nearly every NBA game? You must be joking, right?

I never said you mentioned choking, but numerous posters have so I said for the sake of this argument don't even bother bringing it up because the point is moot.

In a physical game where players are constantly running into each other, swatting at each others hands, trying to disrupt each others fluidity within the game. Isn't it to be expected that there is going to be some kind of emotion whether it be before or after the whistle?

Maybe my term of being "physical" are different than yours and that's fine, but where I draw the line is when someone closes a fist and proceeds to swing at someone. What happened yesterday was tempers flaring after an emotional game. It's a joke that people have even taken this incident and turned it into something so big that people can't help but talk about it.

cbs134679
12-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Another altercation LOL Kg's crazy ...I like it :)

LongIslandIcedZ
12-26-2011, 03:01 PM
The Celtics homers here are being a little ridiculous. I'm a pretty big KG fan, because I respect how good he is. Having said that, what he did was pretty classless. I'm sure Walker got fired up after KG missed and talked some trash, but that doesnt mean it should get physical. From what I've heard KG talks more trash than most. At least to me this seemed like if you cant take it, dont dish it out. That mixed with an emotional KG who was pissed he missed.

Swashcuff
12-26-2011, 03:02 PM
So your telling me that pushing and shoving doesn't happen in nearly every NBA game? You must be joking, right?

I never said you mentioned choking, but numerous posters have so I said for the sake of this argument don't even bother bringing it up because the point is moot.

In a physical game where players are constantly running into each other, swatting at each others hands, trying to disrupt each others fluidity within the game. Isn't it to be expected that there is going to be some kind of emotion whether it be before or after the whistle?

Maybe my term of being "physical" are different than yours and that's fine, but where I draw the line is when someone closes a fist and proceeds to swing at someone. What happened yesterday was tempers flaring after an emotional game. It's a joke that people have even taken this incident and turned it into something so big that people can't help but talk about it.

Dude give up already you're embarrassing your entire fan base. You are trying to justify KGs actions by saying that happens every game when it DOES NOT. That was a malicious shove against the flow of the game matter of a fact it was AFTER the game. So your ludicrous point of it happening every game is even more baseless. It's a physical sport not a martial art. You don't malicious shove another player in his throat without having repercussions.

My definition of physical in a sport is doing what you have to do within the rules of the game to give your team the best chance at winning. So when a player is going for an easy layup and he gets held (fouled) so that he isn't able to convert the easy two but rather take his chances at the line that's fine. You are given 6 fouls for a reason. However when a player takes a cheap shot at another after not being able to convert its just that a cheap shot and it has no place in the sport.

If you're going to defend that then there is no helping you. You're gone too far. Like I said before KG would be the FIRST person to say that what he did was wrong you however try to defend him to a fault.

basketfan4life
12-26-2011, 03:03 PM
did you guys saw baron, he is amazing...

GrantHustle
12-26-2011, 03:06 PM
I never remember KG being this much of a @sshole in Minny

Punk
12-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah, I found that awkward considering Bill Walker and Garnett were teammates in Boston lol

One thing is clear, Boston/NY is turning into legit "I hate you" rivalry. More than anyone in the league.

This is like the 5th altercation in a year between both teams.

Swashcuff
12-26-2011, 03:07 PM
I never remember KG being this much of a @sshole in Minny

He wasn't many believe that winning a championship just sky rocketed his ego.

Punk
12-26-2011, 03:17 PM
The thing that pissed me off was we lost 6 straight close games to Boston and not a single Knick player attempted to punch or slap a Boston player.

I was disgusted by the Celtics after Paul Pierce ran around the court mocking fans in front row when he his his game winner last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYlHEP3XuKQ

The funny thing about KG is, he never does this to someone his own size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36txu8FEaKI

Watch as he tries to elbow JJ Barea then Tyson Chandler comes over to stick up for Barea and he backs off.

nyKnicks126
12-26-2011, 03:20 PM
So are there any penalties for KG's actions?

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 03:27 PM
This should be fun :)

Dude give up already you're embarrassing your entire fan base.

No, not really. My views are more from me being a fan of how KG and how he plays and conducts himself more-so than my love for the Celtics. I personally could care less about the outcome of the game yesterday for the Celtics. We aren't winning anything this year.

You are trying to justify KGs actions by saying that happens every game when it DOES NOT.

Find me an NBA game where there isn't some form of pushing and shoving at some point, please seriously do me a favor. :facepalm:

It's a physical sport not a martial art.

Yes, I'm glad we can agree on something.

You don't malicious shove another player in his throat without having repercussions.

What did I tell you about the throat comments? His hand only reached his throat because people were trying to break up the scuffle. His intentions were never to choke the man, he was trying to push him in retaliation for clawing his face during the final shot.

However when a player takes a cheap shot at another after not being able to convert its just that a cheap shot and it has no place in the sport.

KG didn't retaliate because of the missed shot. He retaliated because of the claw to the face along with the trash talking going on by Bill Walker after the whistle blew.

If you're going to defend that then there is no helping you. You're gone too far.

I'll defend KG until I die, not because I'm a Celtics fan but because I'm a KG fan. I've loved him since he came into the league with the T'Wolves and I just wished more NBA players could play with the passion and drive that KG has. The NBA would be a better sport if more players were like KG.

Like I said before KG would be the FIRST person to say that what he did was wrong you however try to defend him to a fault.

Are you sure? Last I check this isn't KG's first time with a incident like this. I don't think I've ever heard him apologize for any of them. Why? Because its all within the passion he has for the game. He leave's it all on the floor, every. single. game.

MonroeFAN
12-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Garnett = Punk

Someone is going to lay his old *** out some day.

tcav701
12-26-2011, 03:37 PM
I am a Celtic fan, most people do not know that because I am not a homer. (Unless theyve seen me type it before)

Anyways here are 3 things I got from that game:

1. Joe Crawford retirement should have been enforced by the new CBA.
2. Boston would have won had PP not been a ***** and played. Which is saying alot because that game was ALOT more important for the Knicks.
3. KG is a punk and becoming a liability for the team.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-26-2011, 03:54 PM
I am a Celtic fan, most people do not know that because I am not a homer. (Unless theyve seen me type it before)

Anyways here are 3 things I got from that game:

1. Joe Crawford retirement should have been enforced by the new CBA.
2. Boston would have won had PP not been a ***** and played. Which is saying alot because that game was ALOT more important for the Knicks.
3. KG is a punk and becoming a liability for the team.

I disagree with a whole lot of that. I'm not sure if you think the Knicks got away with a lot in terms of calls, but I think Boston gets a lot of non calls against them. Garnett does moving picks to get Allen open all game, its so unbelievably noticeable how many illegal picks Garnett sets every game but I digress I'm sure the Knicks got some good calls also. Paul Pierce playing would have helped a lot and could have changed the outcome. However, if PP plays, does Rondo still have the game he had? I dont know, maybe Pierces numbers cut into Rondo's numbers and they still lose, idk though lol. I agree that KG is a punk, its a shame because he used to be one of my favorite players.

tcav701
12-26-2011, 04:02 PM
I disagree with a whole lot of that. I'm not sure if you think the Knicks got away with a lot in terms of calls, but I think Boston gets a lot of non calls against them. Garnett does moving picks to get Allen open all game, its so unbelievably noticeable how many illegal picks Garnett sets every game but I digress I'm sure the Knicks got some good calls also. Paul Pierce playing would have helped a lot and could have changed the outcome. However, if PP plays, does Rondo still have the game he had? I dont know, maybe Pierces numbers cut into Rondo's numbers and they still lose, idk though lol. I agree that KG is a punk, its a shame because he used to be one of my favorite players.

I did not say that Crawford screwed the Celtics, i said he is a bad official. Regaurdless of the outcome, Crawford made himself a part of the end result as usual. I would have said the same if it was the other way. I am not certian why you are getting so defensive over any of my comments.

And while I cannot see the future, a 2 point road loss with some blown calls down the stretch tells me that the outcome would have been different if they PP on the floor. That one is boder line common sense.

NYYCowboys
12-26-2011, 04:06 PM
People keep saying oh if Paul Pierce played this and that. He didn't so let's not speculate. Knicks were also missing Baron Davis, but no one is crying about it. Paul Pierce is a better player than Baron Davis, but I think Baron Davis is just as valuable to his team as Pierce is because of the Knicks lack of a good PG.

JayHunter
12-26-2011, 04:10 PM
I cant remember KG being that type of player in Minnesota

WildcatsPride
12-26-2011, 04:14 PM
What's KG problem? Why is he always trying to fight somebody, Bill Walker didn't do anything. KG, once a great player, now is a shadow of his former self.

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 04:17 PM
People keep saying oh if Paul Pierce played this and that. He didn't so let's not speculate. Knicks were also missing Baron Davis, but no one is crying about it. Paul Pierce is a better player than Baron Davis, but I think Baron Davis is just as valuable to his team as Pierce is because of the Knicks lack of a good PG.

lmao. Baron Davis has never even called a play for knicks, Pierce is the best offensive guy we have. Not a good comparison IMO.

But your right, no excuses. We lost fair and square. Its the playoffs I'm concerned about.

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 04:19 PM

He's the same player, just nobody gave a **** when he was in Minny because the best players he ever played with were Latrell Sprewell and Sam Cassel

Corey
12-26-2011, 04:27 PM
He's the same player, just nobody gave a **** when he was in Minny because the best players he ever played with were Latrell Sprewell and Sam Cassel

He is the same person *

Not even close to the same player. KG is mediocre on the offensive end now.

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 04:37 PM
He is the same person *

Not even close to the same player. KG is mediocre on the offensive end now.

Not arguing against you, but do you have his Per 36 numbers from last year compared to his time in Minny?

I'd be interested to see what his numbers look like in comparison.

I always assumed his offensive numbers dipped more because of the amount of shots he was getting playing with Ray and Paul. He still shoots a good % from the field, although he has lost nearly all of his post game.

Gormans Mic
12-26-2011, 04:57 PM
I took two things from that game, 1. If both teams are healthy it would be one hell of a fun playoff series again. 2. If the knicks can get the rest of the team to show the same effort on D that Chandler shows, they can be a legit danger in the post season. If not like Boston they're looking at two rounds in the post season at best.

P Styles
12-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Walker & KG shake hands after flare-up
December, 26, 2011
DEC 26
3:22
PM ET
EmailPrintComments
By Ian Begley
Bill Walker approached Kevin Garnett as the Celtics' big man was boarding a team bus to leave Madison Square Garden on Sunday.

No, he wasn't looking for retaliation or Round 2 with Garnett.

He just wanted to shake hands.

"When I was leaving the arena I talked to him," Walker said on Monday. "It's no hard feelings or nothing like that. We're both competitors and wanted to win. Emotions run high when you're playing at that type of level."

About an hour earlier, Garnett had his hand around Walker's throat after the Celtics' forward missed a potential game-tying shot at the buzzer. The two had to be separated by coaches and players at the end of the Knicks' 106-104 win over the Celtics.

"Heat of the moment," Walker said on Monday. "I just went and contested the shot. We got wrapped up, tangled up and, you know, the rest happened."

Walker's skirmish with Garnett came at the tail end of a physical Christmas Day game between the Celtics and the Knicks.

There were six technical fouls issued. Ray Allen and Toney Douglas were whistled for offsetting technicals after they became entangled in the second quarter. Carmelo Anthony drilled Rajon Rondo with an elbow, trying to clear the Celtics point guard from his personal space.

The physical play prompted Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni to claim that Celtics-Knicks is "going to be a rivalry now."

Walker and Garnett got into it after Walker contested Garnett's jumper from the right wing at the buzzer. After Garnett's shot caromed off the rim, Walker appeared to step toward Garnett and say something to the Celtic forward.

"I can't get into that," Walker said when asked what was said between he and Garnett. "We were in the heat of the game. It was a tough game throughout, it was a dog fight. Nobody wanted to lose. It just came to a head right there and it's over."

As Walker was leaving the Garden, he saw Garnett heading toward the Celtics' bus.

He approached Garnett to say that he had no hard feelings.

"We shook hands, I talked to him ... I chopped it up with him. I still respect those guys," said Walker, who played a little over one season with Garnett in Boston.

Walker later added, "I have a respect for KG."

The Celtics swept the Knicks last season in the first round of the playoffs. One reason Boston was able to dominate New York so soundly last April was the Celtics' play nature, specifically around the basket.

After what transpired on the Madison Square Garden floor on Sunday, Walker believes things will be different this year.

"They were the better team [last year]," Walker said. "This year we feel a little bit more confident. We learned some things from that series and we just wanted to play hard [on Sunday], play harder than they did. That's what they did to us last year."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/8537/walker-kg-shake-hands-after-flare-up

Celticsfan2007
12-26-2011, 05:05 PM
^ A big deal out of nothing... people on PSD just love to blow things up to be bigger than they are.

IBleedPurple
12-26-2011, 06:03 PM
^ A big deal out of nothing... people on PSD just love to blow things up to be bigger than they are.

True. But KG is still annoying

HOZ THE KNICK
12-26-2011, 06:04 PM

he wasn't..

smiddy012
12-26-2011, 06:15 PM
This guy used to be pretty respected around the league, boy did that change with the Celtics.

unwantedplayer
12-26-2011, 06:25 PM
he wasn't..

Yes he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pTiEkfQ6pk

Spartanfitness
12-26-2011, 06:33 PM
I always liked KGs game, but never really understood why he needed to cross the line with regard to letting emotion overcome him.

This was definitely the case regarding the Knicks-Celtics game - he shot, he missed, they lost, he got pissed. Sure, Walker may have said something, but KG Always says something win, lose, or draw. -shrug-

latinofire21
12-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Bynum floored Barea and got 5 game suspension.

If Garnett doesnt get at least 4 games for attacking Billy Walker after the game on a national holiday with one of their highest viewer ratings in recent history I will be truly shocked.

Anything can happen With Stern and Stu Jackson but I hope that they do the right thing and punish him severly for giving the NBA another black eye for being a ghetto classless thug.

Corey
12-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Not arguing against you, but do you have his Per 36 numbers from last year compared to his time in Minny?

I'd be interested to see what his numbers look like in comparison.

I always assumed his offensive numbers dipped more because of the amount of shots he was getting playing with Ray and Paul. He still shoots a good % from the field, although he has lost nearly all of his post game.

Your wish is my command (http://awesomescreenshot.com/091qtuvb6)

They can't really be equated the same though. KG's minutes per game has dropped by 10 since his peak years, and his usage has dropped by like 6%.

nyanks79
12-26-2011, 06:35 PM
NYPost_Berman Marc Berman
Hearing Kevin Garnett will not be suspended or disciplined for his after-buzzer tango with Bill Walker. #Knicks

Agar81
12-26-2011, 06:47 PM
A.Sherrod Blakely of CSN Boston confirmed it as well.

Corey
12-26-2011, 06:54 PM
What a joke :laugh:

xnick5757
12-26-2011, 06:58 PM

since when does shoving a guy deserve a suspension? this happens all the time in the nba

also in the NFL players shove each other after the play every single time

nyanks79
12-26-2011, 07:10 PM

I dont even have that much a problem with him not getting suspended. What I do have a problem with is the soft technicals on Amare and Pavolic, but this gets nothing. Just no consistency. If this isnt a suspension, then thats fine, but then the NBA has to follow that going forward rest of the season.

Daze9900
12-26-2011, 07:26 PM
since when does shoving a guy deserve a suspension? this happens all the time in the nba

1. No one in this forum is talking about football.
2. When is it normal to make a motion after someone's neck as if you're going to choke them?

If you think there is nothing wrong with that picture you need to re-evaluate yourself. The 5 game bans seem to be a bit harsh; I would have def liked the league to acknowledge that his actions were in fact wrong by either fining him or handing him a one game suspension. Remember there were people probably watching this game with their families and children watching. As adults we can try to rationalize KG's actions by either villifying him or just viewing his actions as acts of fustration but minors may have a difficult time understanding that. The fine should have came automatically just so that the league can be somewhat consistent with their penalties. So Stan Van Gundy and Mark Cuban can be fined 100,000 just for opening their mouths and expressing their freedom of speech, yet they allow this type of thuggery by K.G. to just happen? So what's going to happen next? Obviously he is going to continue acting out.

tcav701
12-26-2011, 07:43 PM
KG was going for the undertaker chokeslam following a league wide memo from Stern asking players to assist him in his efforts to make the NBA even more like the WWE.

phlp_bj
12-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Kevin Garnett will not be suspended for shoving the face of Bill Walker after Sunday's game.
We didn't think a suspension was coming, as Garnett didn't throw an actual punch. Keep him in your lineup.

http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/151427765097345026

NYY NYJ NYK
12-26-2011, 08:03 PM
I would only guess what the repercussions would of been if Walker did that to KG ?

beasted86
12-26-2011, 08:08 PM
The NBA wouldn't have suspended Garnett even if he threw a punch....

NBA can't afford to have KG and possibly Paul Pierce out for Miami's home opener tomorrow. They need to promote that game in this early stage of the season.

FLWolvesFan
12-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Bynum floored Barea and got 5 game suspension.

If Garnett doesnt get at least 4 games for attacking Billy Walker after the game on a national holiday with one of their highest viewer ratings in recent history I will be truly shocked.

Anything can happen With Stern and Stu Jackson but I hope that they do the right thing and punish him severly for giving the NBA another black eye for being a ghetto classless thug.

A player blatantly clotheslining another during the course of a game and one player pushing back another during a skirmish where they are face to face are completely different. I don't agree with what KG did but lets not put this incident in the Bynum-Barea category.

bklynny67
12-26-2011, 08:20 PM
The NBA wouldn't have suspended Garnett even if he threw a punch....

NBA can't afford to have KG and possibly Paul Pierce out for Miami's home opener tomorrow. They need to promote that game in this early stage of the season.

just more proof that the NBA is fixed. if it was some scrub he woulda been fined and suspended.

Bruno
12-26-2011, 09:20 PM
tough to watch one of the greatest PF's to ever play continually over-compensate for a drop off in athleticism, precision and impact.

he's lucky he isn't suspended.

Yankees1115
12-26-2011, 09:54 PM
I know people might say I am biased because I am a Knicks fan but I would say the same thing in any scenario with any player on any team. How does this guy NOT get at least a 1 game suspension for that. I understand that trash talk and chippiness occur every single game but KG straight up put his hands right on Walker's neck and tried to choke/mush him. I would say that's a tad over the line.

NYtilIdie
12-26-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm ashamed to say Kevin Garnett was one of my favorite players growing up, I always loved his trash talking, but he completely went overboard with this.

latinofire21
12-26-2011, 10:16 PM
A player blatantly clotheslining another during the course of a game and one player pushing back another during a skirmish where they are face to face are completely different. I don't agree with what KG did but lets not put this incident in the Bynum-Barea category.

I think you missed the correlation here:

Bynum-Barea was a 5 game suspension. Game was already over. Playoff game with a lot of viewership. NBA took a stand and gave him a hefty fine.

Garnett-Walker - Opening game on Christmas. I read christmas day had the highest ratings in a long time. Game was already over and Garnett went for Walkers throat.

Sprewell - Carlisimo - He choked his coach and got suspended an excessive amount of games.

Brawl in the Palace - The players went after fans in the stands and got excessive fines.

How does Garnett get nothing for this. Its all the same thing, blackmarks for the league on nationally televised games. There was a prerequisite already in Sprewell - Carlisimo. Dont really understand the no fine here.

daleja424
12-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Travesty he didnt get suspended... I think Stern has gone off his rocker... time for him step down. His commishing has become one bad decision after another recently.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-27-2011, 11:52 AM
I am glad KG did not get suspended because it is bad for the viewers. I never want to see a player get suspended because players like KG have a great entertainment value. With that being said, Kevin Garnetts actions set the standard of what it take to be suspended. There will likely not be any suspensions this year unless someone pulls a Bynum.

daleja424
12-27-2011, 11:56 AM
I am glad KG did not get suspended because it is bad for the viewers. I never want to see a player get suspended because players like KG have a great entertainment value. With that being said, Kevin Garnetts actions set the standard of what it take to be suspended. There will likely not be any suspensions this year unless someone pulls a Bynum.

Thats the problem...

That will not be the case.

KG is not suspended b/c the league wants Boston to be competitive tonight in their national tv broadcast vs the HEAT...

not b/c his actions were okay

latinofire21
12-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Thats the problem...

That will not be the case.

KG is not suspended b/c the league wants Boston to be competitive tonight in their national tv broadcast vs the HEAT...

not b/c his actions were okay

The only thing worst then that is if they give him the fine after the Heat game just so they can get their ratings. That would probably piss me off more to be honest.

blahblahyoutoo
12-27-2011, 12:07 PM

you didn't do well on the analogy part of the SAT's did ya?

blahblahyoutoo
12-27-2011, 12:08 PM

wrong, walker was the bigger man for doing what he did, and garnett is still a ******** mofo.

daleja424
12-27-2011, 12:08 PM
you didn't do well on the analogy part of the SAT's did ya?

haha... young people dont even know what analogies are... they were removed from the SAT 5 or so years ago.

blahblahyoutoo
12-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Yes he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pTiEkfQ6pk

what a sucker punching coward.

blahblahyoutoo
12-27-2011, 12:10 PM

and in the NHL, they don't stop until blood hits the ice.

another SAT winner here.

3mikee_
12-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Well then just another **** up by Mr. Stern

NickyNick
12-27-2011, 12:24 PM
what a sucker punching coward.

since when is an open hand tap on the back of the head a sucker punch? i'd love to see your SAT scores!

MonroeFAN
12-27-2011, 12:49 PM
No punishment?

Wtf? This league is ridiculous.

colinskik
12-27-2011, 01:05 PM
So when does his suspension get handed down? I have this feeling KG won't be punished fittingly.

This is pattern for KG and Stern has to finally acknowledge it and deter him with a healthy suspension.

Putting your hands around another player's neck during the course of a game is unacceptable, but to do it after the game is over is just childish and completely unacceptable.

KG is a old man and he needs to start acting like one.
This is the first time I've quoted myself (and hopefully the last) but ... called it!

babyang04
12-27-2011, 01:17 PM
he didnt get suspended cause he knows heat and celtics gonna draw ratings duh

Corey
12-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Guys he didn't get suspended because Bill Walker's throat clearly hit Kevin Garnett's hand.

It was all Walker's fault. His throat needs to be disciplined.

Randy West
12-27-2011, 01:21 PM
where was Anthony Peeler when he was needed??

One of his shots to KG's jaw usually puts KG in his place

kobes2good
12-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Garnett literally choked the kid and he got off free. Like what the hell the NBA is out of line. He should of at least been fined some cash and suspended a game but nope.

knicks_champ
12-27-2011, 05:50 PM
I wasn't expecting a suspension but a fine should have been fair.

RLundi
12-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Because no one knows or cares about Bill Walker.