PDA

View Full Version : Does Samuel Dalembert make the Rockets a better playoff team?

Karnivore
12-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Dalembert signed with the Rockets just a few days ago, since the Pau trade went through the crapper. Does anyone think this makes them a even better team, possibly shocking people like the Grizzlies did? Lowry has gotten a lot better, Martin can still score 20+, Budinger is something I think is good (loved him at Arizona, havent heard much about him)?, Scola at PF is solid as your low post scorer, and Dalembert is a athletic C who plays good defense and doesnt need the ball.

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 03:10 PM
They have a lot of guys that possess upside, I think if a couple of them breakout, say Hill and TWill, I think they'll be a playoff team. Houston could still make a trade as well.

DerekRE_3
12-25-2011, 03:16 PM
To me he's a downgrade to Chuck Hayes. He's long and athletic, but he's dumb as ****. He think he's a lot better on offense than he actually is. He's a good shot blocker but Hayes is a better defender overall and doesn't play outside of his abilities like Dalembert does.

NYKnickFanatic
12-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Rockets wont make the playoffs.

Burkey3472
12-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Samuel Dalembert is not a major difference maker. If they make the playoffs, odds are they would have made it without him.

bringbackfredex
12-25-2011, 03:37 PM
LOL

All Dalembert does is make the Rockets a contender to lead the league in goaltending.

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 03:41 PM
With Martin and Scola, it's going to be useful to have an extra shot blocker. Dalembert would be the reason the Rockets make the playoffs but he helps.

AWC713
12-25-2011, 04:07 PM
rockets may sneak in as the 7th or 8 seed....they were one of the best teams in the second half of last year.

but that was with adelman and a different team. it'll be interesting to see what this team's identity is.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-25-2011, 04:10 PM
The Rockets aren't even a playoff team. The thread should read "Does Dalembert make Houston a Playoff Team?" and the answer is NO.

tr3ymill3r
12-25-2011, 04:51 PM
The Rockets were almost a playoff team with a 6'6" center in Chuck Hayes. We're not asking Dalembert to come in and score, we just need him to stand at the rim and alter shots and get rebounds. If he can average just 5 points, 8 rebounds, and 1 block a game with multiple other altered shots the Rockets will contend for the 7th or 8th seed.

DerekRE_3
12-25-2011, 04:57 PM
The Rockets were almost a playoff team with a 6'6" center in Chuck Hayes. We're not asking Dalembert to come in and score, we just need him to stand at the rim and alter shots and get rebounds. If he can average just 5 points, 8 rebounds, and 1 block a game with multiple other altered shots the Rockets will contend for the 7th or 8th seed.

Just because he's taller doesn't make him better. He has about 1/10 of the intelligence of Hayes (probably generous) You'll see. Watch him get some nice offensive boards only to take wild turnaround jumpers in the lane that have no chance a few times. Then you'll understand.

He's also not the passer that Hayes was for you guys. Adelman ran a lot of the offense through Hayes to take advantage of his passing ability. Dalembert can't do that.

utl768
12-25-2011, 05:04 PM
they can possibly win a round in the playoffs but thats about as far as its gonna go

llemon
12-25-2011, 05:08 PM

It won't be about Sammy's stats, but how he plays. If he can stick within the team concept, Rockets have a shot at the playoffs.

MagicBucsSox
12-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Lolololololol I thought the rockets got Dwight and dalembert was a typo. You can always tell who watch bball and who don't

llemon
12-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Dalembert signed with the Rockets just a few days ago, since the Pau trade went through the crapper. Does anyone think this makes them a even better team, possibly shocking people like the Grizzlies did? Lowry has gotten a lot better, Martin can still score 20+, Budinger is something I think is good (loved him at Arizona, havent heard much about him)?, Scola at PF is solid as your low post scorer, and Dalembert is a athletic C who plays good defense and doesnt need the ball.

Budinger has been a pleasant surprise for the Rockets.

Karnivore
12-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Budinger has been a pleasant surprise for the Rockets.

Thanks. I have seen a few highlights of him and all, I am glad he is doing well.

With Martin and Scola, it's going to be useful to have an extra shot blocker. Dalembert would be the reason the Rockets make the playoffs but he helps.

I didn't mean if he is a difference maker to the point of changing every outcome, but going from a undersized Hayes to Dalembert makes a difference. Even with his mental aspect having his wingspan, endurance, and jumping ability it has to give them a aspect they havent had since Mutumbo.

Lolololololol I thought the rockets got Dwight and dalembert was a typo. You can always tell who watch bball and who don't

Sorry I dont have NBA Access and get to watch every game like you do apparently. Why dont you actually say something that pertains to the subject, then belittle others? Or was the post to pad the post count?

MagicBucsSox
12-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks. I have seen a few highlights of him and all, I am glad he is doing well.

I didn't mean if he is a difference maker to the point of changing every outcome, but going from a undersized Hayes to Dalembert makes a difference. Even with his mental aspect having his wingspan, endurance, and jumping ability it has to give them a aspect they havent had since Mutumbo.

Sorry I dont have NBA Access and get to watch every game like you do apparently. Why dont you actually say something that pertains to the subject, then belittle others? Or was the post to pad the post count?

Lol fine to answer the post : lololollololololol **** no!

NYKnickFanatic
12-25-2011, 07:05 PM
you can always count on a knicks fan to add informative and thoughtful info to a thread

Maybe you should just stop sucking Knicks fans dicks. I always see you posting crap about the Knicks or their fans.

He said would they make them a better playoff team, but I just dont see them making the playoffs in the West. They are too stacked, especially with the new look Clippers and a very young talented Wolves team with a new coach.

Maybe they could squeeze into the 8th spot, but I just dont see it. Im not knocking the Rockets or anything, I actually like them, I wouldnt mind seeing them back in the playoffs.

VinceCarter
12-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Hopefully they're a playoff team....the Nets need their pick to not be a lottery pick :p

MrfadeawayJB
12-25-2011, 08:33 PM
The question is does he make them good enough to make the playoffs? The rockets have the talent to upset anyone in the west, but to make the playoffs is a task in itself

Kyle N.
12-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Dalembert is not THAT good. People way overrate him.

Karnivore
12-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Maybe you should just stop sucking Knicks fans dicks. I always see you posting crap about the Knicks or their fans.

He said would they make them a better playoff team, but I just dont see them making the playoffs in the West. They are too stacked, especially with the new look Clippers and a very young talented Wolves team with a new coach.
Maybe they could squeeze into the 8th spot, but I just dont see it. Im not knocking the Rockets or anything, I actually like them, I wouldnt mind seeing them back in the playoffs.

Your saying the Wolves have a chance more then the Rockets?

Karnivore
12-26-2011, 12:17 AM
Dalembert is not THAT good. People way overrate him.

Im not overrating him I dont think? I think he will do what he normal does, 8 ppg, 8rpg, 2 bpg. But from the 76er days he would alter more shots and hustle and do the smaller things. He makes bonehead decisions on offense, sometimes gets overpowered big time on defense by guys same size as him...

JEDean89
12-26-2011, 12:59 AM
i don't see how he makes them any worse. they got him for a great contract. a lot of people coveted him.

Kyle N.
12-26-2011, 01:29 AM
Im not overrating him I dont think? I think he will do what he normal does, 8 ppg, 8rpg, 2 bpg. But from the 76er days he would alter more shots and hustle and do the smaller things. He makes bonehead decisions on offense, sometimes gets overpowered big time on defense by guys same size as him...

Fair enough then. I personally don't think the Rockets will make the playoffs this year and I don't think he gets them there anyway. Not saying they can't, but I don't think they will.

astrosmaniac
12-26-2011, 01:47 AM
Look the reason the rockets will make the playoffs is because of guys like Lowry, hill, and budinger/Williams continue to step up and get better.

shep33
12-26-2011, 03:29 AM
Hopefully they're a playoff team....the Nets need their pick to not be a lottery pick :p

haha true, I think they squeak in though. Really 5-8 spots are so wide open out west.

LakersMaster24
12-26-2011, 03:36 AM
He adds more experience and defense I guess. I really doubt they make it out of the 1st Round.

loublue22
12-26-2011, 03:41 AM
Lowry/Dragic
Martin/Lee
Budinger/Williams
Scola/Patterson
Dalembert/Hill/Thabeet

That's not bad at all. Wouldn't shock me if they made the playoffs.

Foye
12-26-2011, 08:29 AM
I don't think they'll make the playoffs.

TMAC94
12-26-2011, 08:43 AM
We weren't a playoff team last season, so the question should be does he makes us a playoff team, I think he does but at 6th seed at best.

kobebabe
12-26-2011, 11:54 AM
He will help them out defensively ut doesn't have enough offense. I think they will make the playoffs

NYKnickFanatic
12-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Your saying the Wolves have a chance more then the Rockets?

They might be able too, dont sleep on them.