PDA

View Full Version : Jordan’s shadow hangs over new NBA season

Dade County
12-25-2011, 10:36 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_michael_jordan_nba_2011-12_season_122411

"Dwight Howard has delivered the Magic a list of three teams that can trade for him this season with the assurance he’ll sign a contract extension with them: the Los Angeles Lakers, New Jersey Nets and Dallas Mavericks. The Bulls have the most attractive package of young players – and the possibility of draft picks – for the Magic, but the NBA that Jordan created for superstar players is a significant part of the reason that Howard will take a pass on Chicago."

Discuss...

BullsFTW
12-25-2011, 11:01 AM
I certainly think the Bulls have better packages than NJ, LA, or Dallas.

Only players with superb mental toughness would dare challenge Jordan's Legacy (ex: Rose & Kobe)

Slimsim
12-25-2011, 11:35 AM

Only players with superb mental toughness would dare challenge Jordan's Legacy (ex: Rose & Kobe)

Rose don't count since he was drafted to Chicago

Cano-Montero...
12-25-2011, 11:36 AM

LMAO...really?:rolleyes:

2doors
12-25-2011, 11:37 AM

lol

JordansBulls
12-25-2011, 11:45 AM
This is ********. Bulls only have one player all time that is top 15, but the Lakers have at least 5, but yet Dwight wants to go there.

naps
12-25-2011, 11:47 AM

ROSE = GOD. Nothing new. The kid was drafted. But ofcourse you won't know it. If anyone doesn't choose your team, he doesn't have mental toughness. Get real son.

ChurcH
12-25-2011, 11:48 AM
This is ********. Bulls only have one player all time that is top 15, but the Lakers have at least 5, but yet Dwight wants to go there.

But that One player happens to be MJ....
Just sayin'

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 11:52 AM
ROSE = GOD. Nothing new. The kid was drafted. But ofcourse you won't know it. If anyone doesn't choose your team, he doesn't have mental toughness. Get real son.

Lebron...

upt_
12-25-2011, 11:57 AM
LMAO...really?:rolleyes:

Oh wise one! .. tell us please what you'd package with Bynum now that Odom's gone as well. ****ing ignorant. Hands down Bulls have the best package that Orlando can get really and build a TEAM around.

Mr Grim
12-25-2011, 12:10 PM
. Hands down Bulls have the best package that Orlando can get really and build a TEAM around.

according to you because you're a bulls fan. See how that works? outside of rose what exactly does chicago have that would seal the deal for dwight? Deng? Boozer? Those guys arent even close to his level. Id rather take Pau Gasol.

justinnum1
12-25-2011, 12:18 PM

They dont.

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 12:24 PM
They dont.

Lakers are the only team that can beat the Bulls offer and they would have to give up Bynum and Gasol.

Sandman
12-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Oh wise one! .. tell us please what you'd package with Bynum now that Odom's gone as well. ****ing ignorant. Hands down Bulls have the best package that Orlando can get really and build a TEAM around.

Sorry dude, I'm not building around Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer or Joke Noah.

Rather let Dwight walk, those contracts are disgusting.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Lakers are the only team that can beat the Bulls offer and they would have to give up Bynum and Gasol.

via Jim Buss

There's an Internet report suggesting Orlando was willing to trade Howard for Bynum and Pau Gasol, but now he's shaking his head as if in pain.

"Where does this stuff come from?" he says. "You'd have to be kind of silly to give up two All-Stars like that for Howard. Zero truth to it. We have never been asked for Andrew and Pau and we've never offered them. I think they know we'd either say no or they would sound crazy for asking."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-20111225,0,1659277,full.column

Sandman
12-25-2011, 12:41 PM
via Jim Buss

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-20111225,0,1659277,full.column

sounds like they pissed off Lamar Odom and aren't looking to do that again

AntiG
12-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Sorry dude, I'm not building around Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer or Joke Noah.

Rather let Dwight walk, those contracts are disgusting.

agreed. Only Noah is worth anything in terms of trade value out of those players. Boozer is a terrible player AND terrible contract, Deng is nothing special other than as a role player.

Just like when Lakers fans were complaining that Stern rejected the Lakers' ****** offer, giving up bad contracts of aging, non-elite starters is a BAD deal for a franchise that is trading away an elite player at his position and looking to rebuild.

Bynum is worth more than any of the Bulls' trade options combined and even then he's not really a great deal without including Gasol too. This is Dwight Howard we are talking about.

AntiG
12-25-2011, 12:47 PM
And to add to that Bulls fans, would you trade Derrick Rose for Boozer, Noah and Deng if they were not already Bulls? You'd laugh at that offer.

tom04041
12-25-2011, 12:55 PM
And to add to that Bulls fans, would you trade Derrick Rose for Boozer, Noah and Deng if they were not already Bulls? You'd laugh at that offer.

Who said the Bulls were offering those three for Howard? If the Bulls actually had a chance at getting him, I'm sure they would throw in Asik/Gibson and the Bobcats pick.

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 12:55 PM
via Jim Buss

I agree that would be too much and I don't think the Lakers make that deal, which brings us back to the Bulls.

agreed. Only Noah is worth anything in terms of trade value out of those players. Boozer is a terrible player AND terrible contract, Deng is nothing special other than as a role player.

Just like when Lakers fans were complaining that Stern rejected the Lakers' ****** offer, giving up bad contracts of aging, non-elite starters is a BAD deal for a franchise that is trading away an elite player at his position and looking to rebuild.

Bynum is worth more than any of the Bulls' trade options combined and even then he's not really a great deal without including Gasol too. This is Dwight Howard we are talking about.

Bynum is a great talent but his value is hampered by serious knee issues.

The Bulls offer would be something like: Noah, Deng, Gibson/Asik, Bobcats 1st in exchange for Dwight and Hedo.

Rose is under contract for the next six years, so I would not do that deal. Dwight is free agent 66 games from now.

Sandman
12-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I agree that would be too much and I don't think the Lakers make that deal, which brings us back to the Bulls.

The Bulls offer would be something like: Noah, Deng, Gibson/Asik, Bobcats 1st in exchange for Dwight and Hedo.

Rose is under contract for the next six years, so I would not do that deal. Dwight is free agent 66 games from now.
uhhhhhhh....

you're not relieving them from Turkoglu if you give back bigger contracts in return...

:facepalm:

Sandman
12-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Though I will give yall that the Bobcats pick is a more attractive commodity than anything the Nets or Lakers have. Is it unprotected?

AntiG
12-25-2011, 01:02 PM

Again, look at that deal... outside of Noah, who is solid but not elite, you are offering a bunch of role players and one good pick for the best center in the entire league by far.

And with the Rose hypothetical, its based on the premise where Rose were on his way out and not looking to re-sign. You'll obviously be looking for:

A) A swap for an elite superstar on the same level or two all-star caliber level players.

B) A boatload of potential lottery picks

C) A boatload of young up and coming prospects with elite potential on affordable contracts

D) A combination of at least two of those

Noah, Deng, Gibson/Asik, Bobcats 1st is a lottery pick, one lower level all-star caliber player, and a bunch of role players, none of which will ever be anything more than a role player.

Not doing that deal for the second or third best young player in the entire league in Dwight Howard.

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Again, look at that deal... outside of Noah, who is solid but not elite, you are offering a bunch of role players and one good pick for the best center in the entire league by far.

And with the Rose hypothetical, its based on the premise where Rose were on his way out and not looking to re-sign. You'll obviously be looking for:

A) A swap for an elite superstar on the same level or two all-star caliber level players.

B) A boatload of potential lottery picks

C) A boatload of young up and coming prospects with elite potential on affordable contracts

D) A combination of at least two of those

Noah, Deng, Gibson/Asik, Bobcats 1st is a lottery pick, one lower level all-star caliber player, and a bunch of role players, none of which will ever be anything more than a role player.

Not doing that deal for the second or third best young player in the entire league in Dwight Howard.

Look at the other offers Orlando is getting, none come close except LA with Bynum who has already had serious knee surgery and is hardly a guarantee to outproduce Noah.

Every piece the Magic get would be easy to move if they want to do a complete rebuild.

You're hypothetical is irrelevant.

uhhhhhhh....

you're not relieving them from Turkoglu if you give back bigger contracts in return...

:facepalm:

I don't know what the deal is with PPP in the new CBA but making the salaries work in that deal will not be difficult. The Bulls could always add Korver or Brewer who are both expiring players.

cubyfan07
12-25-2011, 01:10 PM
I am just going to be frank. If a center is too much of a pansy to play in Chicago because of what a shooting guard did 15 years ago, then I don't want him on the team. That goes for anyone. The Bulls have the face of their organization in Rose and have put nice pieces around him. I like the team.

Sandman
12-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Look at the other offers Orlando is getting, none come close except LA with Bynum who has already had serious knee surgery and is hardly a guarantee to outproduce Noah.

Every piece the Magic get would be easy to move if they want to do a complete rebuild.

You're hypothetical is irrelevant.
"easy to move"

so go move them for something else and come back to the table.

I don't know what the deal is with PPP in the new CBA but making the salaries work in that deal will not be difficult. The Bulls could always add Korver or Brewer who are both expiring players.
By bigger contracts I meant longer than Turk's. I want nothing to do with any of those 3 players, I'd rather let Dwight walk.

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 01:28 PM
"easy to move"

so go move them for something else and come back to the table.

Why do you think the Magic have leverage?

That would be ********, the Bulls are title contenders. Only reason to deal is for Dwight. Three team deals are always a possibility but the point is moot because Dwight doesn't want to come here because he cares more about other things than winning, which is unfortunate because he and Lebron are in their own class.

I'd rather let Dwight walk.

How do you rebuild from that?

Sandman
12-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Why do you think the Magic have leverage?
Because they currently have Howard? Because everybody but Jersey basically needs the Magic' help to get Howard?

That would be ********, the Bulls are title contenders. Only reason to deal is for Dwight. Three team deals are always a possibility but the point is moot because Dwight doesn't want to come here because he cares more about other things than winning, which is unfortunate because he and Lebron are in their own class.
:cry::cry:

How do you rebuild from that?
By saving the money instead of wasting it on shmucks like Deng Boozer or Noah.

How do you suppose they rebuild with Deng Boozer or Noah? Because any notion that the Magic can get better by trading Howard is just silly.

This is the NBA, not MLB or NFL. There are only 2-3 (and sometimes 0) star players in the draft and you need to pick in the top 3 to get one. You can't start rebuilding with role players, you have to start with a franchise player. Sometimes they come around in free agency, sometimes they come around in the draft. Deng Boozer or Noah would get in the way of all of that.

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Because they currently have Howard? Because everybody but Jersey basically needs the Magic' help to get Howard?

:cry::cry:

By saving the money instead of wasting it on shmucks like Deng Boozer or Noah.

How do you suppose they rebuild with Deng Boozer or Noah? Because any notion that the Magic can get better by trading Howard is just silly.

This is the NBA, not MLB or NFL. There are only 2-3 (and sometimes 0) star players in the draft and you need to pick in the top 3 to get one. You can't start rebuilding with role players, you have to start with a franchise player. Sometimes they come around in free agency, sometimes they come around in the draft. Deng Boozer or Noah would get in the way of all of that.

The Magic don't have leverage, they can either deal Howard for the best package or let him go and be stuck with a bunch of awful contracts and little cap space. Please look at the rest of the deals, do you want Brook Lopez or Andrew Bynum plus nothing else? How about Rondo and no one for him to pass to?

Boozer is not in the deal.

Confusious
12-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Don't want Howard if he doesn't have the desire to win. He doesn't if he views Brooklyn as a better destination than Chicago. Sorry, but it's not.

LAK3R 4 LIFE
12-25-2011, 01:53 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7muvjut
Everyone gets better in this trade! What you guys think I know a lot of ppl don't wanna take turk but if its a must to get Howard oh well that's the price we have to pay

ecorrea
12-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Mitroic would also be included...

Noah, asik, mitroic, bobcats pick is by far the best package, but IMO not worth it for the bulls. Mitroic and the bobcats pick ensures the bulls longevity...

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Noah, asik, mitroic, bobcats pick is by far the best package, but IMO not worth it for the bulls. Mitroic and the bobcats pick ensures the bulls longevity...

I left Mirotic out for two reasons:

-There's speculation that he will not leave Europe to go to a bad situation
-I think he'll be an excellent fit for the Bulls whether he's playing next to Noah or Dwight.

ecorrea
12-25-2011, 02:17 PM
I left Mirotic out for two reasons:

-There's speculation that he will not leave Europe to go to a bad situation
-I think he'll be an excellent fit for the Bulls whether he's playing next to Noah or Dwight.

thats fair. i just dont think people realize what kind of assets the bulls have. every bulls fan realizes boozer will not be included.

a package which includes any combo of these pieces is very solid:

noah, deng, gibson, asik, mitroic, and draft picks (including a VERY attractive bobcats pick)

MJ-BULLS
12-25-2011, 02:20 PM

I would only be worth it if Howard wanted to WIN and come to chicago. but from the looks of it, he wants to go to Brooklyn, Dallas, and Los Angeles.

quite frankly. he's a dumb ***.

Sandman
12-25-2011, 02:20 PM
The Magic don't have leverage
They have Howard and you don't. You can't sign him without help from the Magic.

they can either deal Howard for the best package or let him go and be stuck with a bunch of awful contracts and little cap space.
So you want them to trade Howard for a bunch of awful contracts?

Please look at the rest of the deals, do you want Brook Lopez or Andrew Bynum plus nothing else? How about Rondo and no one for him to pass to?
Bynum has been in the league just as long as Howard, has a very shaky health history, is already making 15 million dollars a year and has 1 year before he is a UFA. He's not an asset to a rebuilding team.

An asset to a rebuilding team is a player in his first 5 years, draft picks, and cap space.

No team is offering any of that, outside of Lopez who has a broken leg. I'd rather take my chances he re-signs even if its 90% chance he goes than trade him for bloated contracts. Him walking would be terrible for the franchise, but they're not any better off with Bynum or Gasol or Lopez or anybody. Worst case scenario they make lower half playoff seed and get stuck in purgatory.

Sandman
12-25-2011, 02:21 PM
thats fair. i just dont think people realize what kind of assets the bulls have. every bulls fan realizes boozer will not be included.

a package which includes any combo of these pieces is very solid:

noah, deng, gibson, asik, mitroic, and draft picks (including a VERY attractive bobcats pick)

You're not giving the Magic relief from Turkoglu if you're sticking them with Deng and Noah.

effen5
12-25-2011, 02:28 PM
You're not giving the Magic relief from Turkoglu if you're sticking them with Deng and Noah.

You can easily flip Deng and Noah to get relief....

Turk on the other hand.....

Sandman
12-25-2011, 02:29 PM
You can easily flip Deng and Noah to get relief....

Turk on the other hand.....

Then go get something and come back to the table, not interested.

Most teams could probably use Noah, but I hardly see people lining up to take Deng.

effen5
12-25-2011, 02:33 PM

Most teams could probably use Noah, but I hardly see people lining up to take Deng.

Again,

Why would we trade for something and come back to the table when its not guarenteed to get D12?

Like Chisox said, we are already a contender with the pieces we have.

And you would be crazy to think there isn't a contender out there that wouldn't love to have Deng on their team right now.

People said the same thing about Kirk Hinrich two years ago and we gave up his whole contract for a draft pick from the Wizards....and Deng is a much better/valuable player then Hinrich is.

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 02:36 PM
They have Howard and you don't. You can't sign him without help from the Magic.

The Bulls don't need Howard.

So you want them to trade Howard for a bunch of awful contracts?

Deng makes similar money as Hedo yet Deng outproduces him on both sides of the court and is much younger. So moving forward, would you rather have Deng and no Howard, or Hedo and no Howard?

Noah is a two way center, no one who understands the league's economics calls his contract "bad".

Taj is on a rookie contract.

Korver or Brewer can be added and are expiring contracts that can play in just about any team's rotation. That is, if salaries need to be matched.

Bynum has been in the league just as long as Howard, has a very shaky health history, is already making 15 million dollars a year and has 1 year before he is a UFA. He's not an asset to a rebuilding team.

An asset to a rebuilding team is a player in his first 5 years, draft picks, and cap space.

No team is offering any of that, outside of Lopez who has a broken leg. I'd rather take my chances he re-signs even if its 90% chance he goes than trade him for bloated contracts. Him walking would be terrible for the franchise, but they're not any better off with Bynum or Gasol or Lopez or anybody. Worst case scenario they make lower half playoff seed and get stuck in purgatory.

Ok, I agree with most of that, except I disagree that you are better off letting Dwight walk. All I'm saying is the Bulls have the best offer and that the Magic would be better off taking the assets the Bulls are offering as opposed to letting Howard walk and trying to get out from under the ******** that Otis has them in.

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Who's lining up to take on Turkoglu?

Sandman
12-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Again,

Why would we trade for something and come back to the table when its not guarenteed to get D12?
That's your problem. & you could execute the trades simultaneously.

And you would be crazy to think there isn't a contender out there that wouldn't love to have Deng on their team right now.
So what are we getting for Deng? Cause the Magic aren't one of those teams.

People said the same thing about Kirk Hinrich last year and we gave up his whole contract for a draft pick from the Wizards....and Deng is a much better/valuable player then Hinrich is.

You had to give Hinrich & a first for a 2nd round pick. That's hardly the way you're trying to describe it.

Sandman
12-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Who's lining up to take on Turkoglu?

lol what are you trying to say?

Turkoglu sucks, he has for a while, nobody wants him.

It still doesn't make sense to take on a BIGGER deal for him, and give away the best the player in the league in the process.

pd1dish
12-25-2011, 02:41 PM

well, if the real reason that stars (or at least Dwight) dont want to go to Chicago is because they dont want to have to be in the shadow of Jordan's legacy, then its not showing a great amount of mental toughness. its showing a lack of confidence to follow in Jordan's footsteps. although, we dont know if this is the real reason Dwight doesnt want to come to Chicago.

Sandman
12-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Deng makes similar money as Hedo yet Deng outproduces him on both sides of the court and is much younger. So moving forward, would you rather have Deng and no Howard, or Hedo and no Howard?
None of the above. Deng makes more money.

Noah is a two way center, no one who understands the league's economics calls his contract "bad".
His contract is "long".

Ok, I agree with most of that, except I disagree that you are better off letting Dwight walk. All I'm saying is the Bulls have the best offer and that the Magic would be better off taking the assets the Bulls are offering as opposed to letting Howard walk and trying to get out from under the ******** that Otis has them in.
First part of the problem is Otis is still on top of the ********. Don't want anything to do with adding long term contracts or trying to bandaid a team together for a run a the 8th seed. Pull the plug if you can't keep Howard, get young guys and picks. Not Bynum, not Deng

Dade County
12-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Bulls fans... just because he doesn't want to play in Chicago, doesn't mean he does not care about wining.

I can say the same thing... Howard doesn't want to come to the HEAT, HIS CRAZY, he doesn't care about wining, he would be in Lbj/Wade shadow ( I can say all that stuff too )

He just doesn't want to play their, so what, it's not a big deal... You Guys have a good team... and remember your star player likes the team mates he has around him... so stop with the Howard to the bulls trade scenarios.

Howard should go to one of these teams, if he would like to win rings... In this order! and of course this is only have Howard is willing to resign with one of these teams.

OKC ... West brook to orlando
Clippers ... Griffin to orlando
HEAT .... Bosh to a team with 1st rd draft picks and young talented players
bulls ... trade 3 to 4 of their players, to a team with 1st rd draft picks and young talented players

Dallas ... sign him out right
Lakers ... trade gasol or bynum for picks or trade one of them to the magic ( what ever the magic want)

effen5
12-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Dude, most Bulls fans have moved passed D12....

Trust me.

If anything, we're sick of D12 right now.

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 02:57 PM
None of the above. Deng makes more money.

His contract is "long".

First part of the problem is Otis is still on top of the ********. Don't want anything to do with adding long term contracts or trying to bandaid a team together for a run a the 8th seed. Pull the plug if you can't keep Howard, get young guys and picks. Not Bynum, not Deng

Who is coming to Orlando to play with Turkoglu, Big Baby, JRich, and Chris Duhon with all that cap space you will save from letting Dwight walk and not picking up Noah/Deng/+?

Cal827
12-25-2011, 02:57 PM
The only one of value on the Bulls is Derrick Rose, and they won't trade him
He's going to LA or NJ... likely NJ unless Otis is really stupid....

I'm actually talking about this traitorous piece of s*it. Can someone acquire him soon so we don't have to talk about this crap.

Sandman
12-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Who is coming to Orlando to play with Turkoglu, Big Baby, JRich, and Chris Duhon with all that cap space you will save from letting Dwight walk and not picking up Noah/Deng/+?
Nobody

How many playoff games will they win with Noah and Deng?

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 02:59 PM
The only one of value on the Bulls is Derrick Rose, and they won't trade him
He's going to LA or NJ... likely NJ unless Otis is really stupid....

I'm actually talking about this traitorous piece of s*it. Can someone acquire him soon so we don't have to talk about this crap.

What does NJ offer?

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 03:07 PM
How many playoff games will they win with Noah and Deng?

All of them

Cal827
12-25-2011, 03:21 PM
What does NJ offer?

Lopez, Brooks and a bunch of firsts (Golden State is one of them, which will likely be top 8-10)... When they lose Howard, Orlando should go right into rebuilding, which means they would want higher draft picks.

Referring to the Bulls, A deal that Includes Boozer or Deng and Noah, would give them pieces that would make them good enough that they would either claim a lower seed in the East or end up just out of the playoffs for the duration of their contracts. Which means a pick from 10-14 in the drafts rather than a top 5 pick. Lopez is still young has some upside, but isn't enough to really get a team a large amount of wins. Brooks is a rookie, which basically gives the Magic rights to him for about 7 years (since he'll become a RFA after his rookie contract)... I think Lopez is also heading to RFA.

I guess we will see though, but it would really surprise me if Otis bites on the Bulls offer.

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Lopez, Brooks and a bunch of firsts (Golden State is one of them, which will likely be top 8-10)... When they lose Howard, Orlando should go right into rebuilding, which means they would want higher draft picks.

Referring to the Bulls, A deal that Includes Boozer or Deng and Noah, would give them pieces that would make them good enough that they would either claim a lower seed in the East or end up just out of the playoffs for the duration of their contracts. Which means a pick from 10-14 in the drafts rather than a top 5 pick. Lopez is still young has some upside, but isn't enough to really get a team a large amount of wins. Brooks is a rookie, which basically gives the Magic rights to him for about 7 years (since he'll become a RFA after his rookie contract)... I think Lopez is also heading to RFA.

I guess we will see though, but it would really surprise me if Otis bites on the Bulls offer.

Do you think Brook Lopez is better, equal, or worse than Noah? Lopez is RFA next year and you have to think he'll get a deal similar to what Noah got.

Outside that, I think Asik is a better piece than Brooks but I'd probably take Brooks over Gibson if I'm the Magic.

Boozer wouldn't be going to Orlando but I agree you don't want to be a fringe playoff team every year.

Cano-Montero...
12-25-2011, 03:30 PM

lmao...your the one who is ignorant... come on...you know you are...poor guy..

king4day
12-25-2011, 03:59 PM
I don't see the big deal with him not wanting to go to Chicago. I'd have to think more than half the league has a better offer than NJ, LA, Dallas, and Chicago. No big deal.
If Chicago has a problem with it then get in line behind the other 26 teams who he won't play for.

NYKalltheway
12-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Dwight should go to the Golden State Warriors. Monta Ellis + Dwight Howard :drool:

Realistically, I think OKC and CHI are the ideal destinations for him at this point. If the Knicks can pull off a Tyson Chandler for Dwight Howard trade, then surely he's more than welcome, but we know that it's a farfetched scenario.

ecorrea
12-25-2011, 04:11 PM

never said anything about deng as part of MY trade offer, just mentioned him as an asset. if you dont like him fine, still think what we have to offer is really solid. a COMBINATION of the following should be very attractive:

Noah, gibson, deng, brewer, korver, watson, asik, mitroic, bobcats pick...

in my opinion a trade around Noah, one of gibson or asik, mitroic, bobcats pick, and another pick is VERY solid.

Sandman, does that even remotely peak your interest? cause mitroic and bobcats pick alone should be pretty enticing.

ecorrea
12-25-2011, 04:16 PM
and to echo effen5's comments, most if not all bulls fans are over the dwight drama. its just a thread related to the bulls, so its fair to comment as we see our roster currently structured...

ackar
12-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Well I never saw D12 as a the last piece of the puzzle it would be two and half steps back getting D12 because your team would be gutted. It would be another 2 season before the Bulls were on the cusp of contender again.

WadeKobe
12-25-2011, 05:35 PM

Do you seriously think the Bulls are players?

Rndy
12-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Who gives a ****? He doesn't want to come to Chicago. There have been reports saying Magic would like to trade him to Chicago because of their assets. It doesn't matter what PSD thinks about it.

Sandman
12-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Sandman, does that even remotely peak your interest? cause mitroic and bobcats pick alone should be pretty enticing.
I said before that the Bobcats pick is probably the best thing any team could offer us (its unprotected, right?), but I don't want to take back contracts or try to bandaid an 8th seed playoff team together.

Pull the plug, rebuild. Its gonna suck but its gonna suck anyway save the time and the money purge now if you can't keep Dwight.

ChiSox219
12-25-2011, 06:09 PM
I said before that the Bobcats pick is probably the best thing any team could offer us (its unprotected, right?), but I don't want to take back contracts or try to bandaid an 8th seed playoff team together.

Pull the plug, rebuild. Its gonna suck but its gonna suck anyway save the time and the money purge now if you can't keep Dwight.

This + the Bobcats pick would be fine with the Bulls

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=89uf9v2

Asik and expirings

Cano-Montero...
12-25-2011, 06:34 PM
This + the Bobcats pick would be fine with the Bulls

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=89uf9v2

Asik and expirings

Magic would dump turk in any howard deal..

ecorrea
12-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Well like its been said, regardless not gonna happen, soooo meh

85BearsDefense
12-25-2011, 06:50 PM
It's official Dwights a woman

85BearsDefense
12-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Bulls have best current pieces in Deng Boozer Noah but LA has Bynum who is younger and 2nd best center in the league...

Chronz
12-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Anyone who thinks Deng is nothing special and is just a role player has a horrible eye for talent

effen5
12-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Anyone who thinks Deng is nothing special and is just a role player has a horrible eye for talent

he was the MVP of tonights game and it seems like he gets no credit...

Nabeshin
12-25-2011, 09:20 PM
I think it is good for Howard not to go to Chicago as the magic will likely demand Noah, deng, boozer plus a pick. I think he will some how end up a Laker when it is said and done.