PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! Sports Balls Don't Lie: Warriors Preview

MackShock
12-24-2011, 10:44 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Golden-State-Warriors-2011-12-Season-Preview?urn=nba-wp12356

MackShock
12-24-2011, 10:44 PM
very long to quote, but check it out

Lloyd Christmas
12-25-2011, 01:49 PM
This article is perfect. I think we've brought up every one of those points in here over the offseason. To sum up the article:

-Marc Jackson wasn't a good hire

-Malone will make us better defensively

-The Curry/Monta backcourt will be entertaining but terrible defensively

-We lack talent because we've never been bad enough to win the lottery

-We have some ok veterans in Wright, Lee, Biedrins, Brown

-We will need a perfect storm of everything working out to be an 8th seed

MackShock
12-25-2011, 11:10 PM
^ we got this..

SugeKnight
12-26-2011, 01:02 AM
We have the talent to win any game we play. Theres no reason why this team shouln't make the playoffs

Leandres_sf
12-26-2011, 11:12 PM
The offense needs to work on some stuff before I can agree with that...

likemystylez
12-26-2011, 11:21 PM
We have the talent to win any game we play. Theres no reason why this team shouln't make the playoffs

pretty much the same reasons they didnt make the playoffs last year... considering the majority of the contributions will be coming from the same group of players?

MackShock
12-28-2011, 01:24 AM
^ Not too sure about that. Brandon Rush is hustling on defense and Kwame Brown is putting in work as well. Ish Smith is being a small pest on defense too..

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Although were not a full blown defensive team yet. I like how Dorell is playing better defense. He's focused and his scoring numbers are down. Beans is also hustling alot more for loose balls and stuff. Good sign.

I credit the Warriors defense for holding Chicago to 91 points and forcing 16 steals and 20 turnovers, while only committing 3 steals and 10 turnovers. Very good play. We'll see if that can transfer over to tomorrow night.

Also, as Mibs has mentioned, Lee has done an excellent job holding down Griffin and Boozer. Griffin only had what 7 points in the first half, so kudos to him.

Monta is also distributing the ball more..so very good play..