PDA

View Full Version : You know the team is freakin good

averymustgo
12-24-2011, 01:14 PM
when they put together 3 to 5 game win streaks without Richards getting points. That pretty much sums up what the confidence of this team is. A credit to Torts doing what Renney never had the brains to do. Use his farm system to the fullest and take the time to develop our best prospects. Other than Christensen, Torts does not waste time playing the Ortmeyer's, D. Moore's, Ward's, Strudwick's and Hollweg's of the world. He recognizes a talent like Hagelin, uses him and understands how to develop him.

NYR_NYJ
12-24-2011, 01:55 PM
It's the Organization that is better know, not just the team.

Reminds me of the...I hate to say it...Devils. These young guys are stepping in and producing or at least holding their own and knowing how to play the Rangers system. Torts idea of playing young players is definitely paying off.

Redfish
12-24-2011, 01:56 PM
when they put together 3 to 5 game win streaks without Richards getting points. That pretty much sums up what the confidence of this team is. A credit to Torts doing what Renney never had the brains to do. Use his farm system to the fullest and take the time to develop our best prospects. Other than Christensen, Torts does not waste time playing the Ortmeyer's, D. Moore's, Ward's, Strudwick's and Hollweg's of the world. He recognizes a talent like Hagelin, uses him and understands how to develop him.

It is time we fans, collectively, recognize what Torts in particular, but Sullivan, Sather and Schoenfield secondarily, have done for this organization and team. From day one, Tortorella has preached performance, accountability, investing in youth, and tenacity as a path toward success. Moreover, he has backed up this demanding coaching style with actually developing athletes on a personal level, something easily overlooked. We are now beginning to see the fruits of these lessons imprinted into each athlete's approach to the game, all made possible by an executive management team that has backed Torts up with quality decisions to "stay the course" with our prospects and selectively add important, seasoned players to the mix.

When you have the best goaltending in the league, and possibly the best coaching in the league, success is guaranteed.

RangersMets
12-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Stop making threads about every single thing that you think about that has to do with the Rangers

NYR_NYJ
12-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Stop making threads about every single thing that you think about that has to do with the Rangers

Isn't that the point of the site, to discuss what's on your mind about your team?

thegame248
12-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Isn't that the point of the site, to discuss what's on your mind about your team?

Not when it's EVERY SINGLE THING HE THINKS OF. If he wanted to have a discussion, thats fine. All he does is say something, and the immediately start complaining about people who havent played on this team in years. Averymustgo just likes to hear himself talk.

thegame248
12-24-2011, 03:47 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

thegame248
12-24-2011, 03:51 PM

And most of the homegrown players on the current roster were drafted when? Oh thats right, under Renney and Sather. I guess you dont remember most of the teams coming out of the lockout were different than when they went in. And guess what happened after the lockout and under Tom Renney? We made the playoff's every year under Tom Renney. Under Tom Renney, Dubisnky, Staal, Callahan, Girardi, Lundqvist, were all rookies. And your comment about Hagelin makes it seem likes he's been wasting away in the minors for years and just now Torts decided to play him. He only got drafted 3 years ago.

J4KOP99
12-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Why do you guys get so mad when he starts threads... they create discussion. That is the point of this website. The Rangers forum is usually pretty dead anyway.

If you don't like the topic at hand... it's simple: do not post.

-Do I agree with everything he says? Not at all... but is it really that big of a deal.

--As for the thread, I do agree that it is a good sign that we can win games without some of our main guys contributing every time. Our team has been showing their depth and that is always good to see.

jetsfan89
12-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Seriously, enough with the backseat modding. If you don't like the thread don't freaking post in it. We're supposed to discuss the Rangers, that's what he's doing.

NYR_NYJ
12-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Not when it's EVERY SINGLE THING HE THINKS OF. If he wanted to have a discussion, thats fine. All he does is say something, and the immediately start complaining about people who havent played on this team in years. Averymustgo just likes to hear himself talk.

Can't argue with that :D

thegame248
12-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Why do you guys get so mad when he starts threads... they create discussion. That is the point of this website. The Rangers forum is usually pretty dead anyway.

-Do I agree with everything he says? Not at all... but is it really that big of a deal.

--As for the thread, I do agree that it is a good sign that we can win games without some of our main guys contributing every time. Our team has been showing their depth and that is always good to see.

It gets pretty annoying when almost every thread is started by him and most of them say nothing except "I hate Avery" "I hate Dubi" "I hate Christensen" "Tom Renney was horrible" etc... Listen, Im all for discussion, that's what makes being a sports fan great. I like the threads about what we can do in the offseason and what we would like to see, trade deadline talk, game threads where we can discuss what happened in a game, most valuable players on the team etc... But when most of the threads are complaining about specific players over and over again, it gets annoying. That's all Ive been saying. It's the same with liltedspop. All he does is say Lundqvist should be called the queen, and Marc Staal is garbage. Gets repetitive and annoying.

jetsfan89
12-24-2011, 07:28 PM
It gets pretty annoying when almost every thread is started by him and most of them say nothing except "I hate Avery" "I hate Dubi" "I hate Christensen" "Tom Renney was horrible" etc... Listen, Im all for discussion, that's what makes being a sports fan great. I like the threads about what we can do in the offseason and what we would like to see, trade deadline talk, game threads where we can discuss what happened in a game, most valuable players on the team etc... But when most of the threads are complaining about specific players over and over again, it gets annoying. That's all Ive been saying. It's the same with liltedspop. All he does is say Lundqvist should be called the queen, and Marc Staal is garbage. Gets repetitive and annoying.

Voicing an opinion, even if most agree is wrong, isn't prohibited. It's not like he's making a thread about Sean Avery every day. This thread was about the team's production in spite of Richards not putting up points. Lets move on from this discussion please.

Lisound15
12-24-2011, 08:08 PM
While i do agree that this isnt the greatest topic in the world, we do have to attribute a lot of the success of this team to tortorella and his coaching style. Everyone has bought into Tortorella's coaching style, as we havent seen as many players in the doghouse as we've seen in past years. In addition, he runs the same system for both the rangers and the hartford whale, which is the reason that these young players are having no problem adjusting to the NHL game. He deserves much credit for the turnaround of this team and Im excited to see them develop further

averymustgo
12-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Again, I have to laugh at the morons on this board who enjoyed staring at a dead board and never posted. Instead of whining like a bunch of women, why don't you losers actually try creating a thread once in a while. Ohhhhh, that's right. You can't. You don't have the brain power to come up with anything. It's a lot easier to be miserable and complain all day rather than start discussions.

It's easy to see why this board was completely dead before I got here.

saintant182
12-25-2011, 08:51 AM

exactly...

i often dont agree with the dude but still.... its something to talk about isnt it!!!

Garden Faithful
12-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Again, I have to laugh at the morons on this board who enjoyed staring at a dead board and never posted. Instead of whining like a bunch of women, why don't you losers actually try creating a thread once in a while. Ohhhhh, that's right. You can't. You don't have the brain power to come up with anything. It's a lot easier to be miserable and complain all day rather than start discussions.

It's easy to see why this board was completely dead before I got here.

We're all so very glad you can be the defibrillator to our dead lifeless corpse.:)

thegame248
12-25-2011, 11:46 PM
We're all so very glad you can be the defibrillator to our dead lifeless corpse.:)

:nod::burn::clap: