PDA

View Full Version : ESPN & SI pick NBA Champs: '11-12 Predictions: NBA Champs

JordansBulls
12-23-2011, 12:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/preview2011/story/_/page/Predictions1112-nbachamp/nba-nba-champion-predictions

Results: Miami Heat (25), Chicago Bulls (3), Oklahoma City Thunder (2).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/12/22/crystal.ball/index.html?sct=nba_t11_a3

The Heat and Thunder were unanimously selected to win their conferences
Heat are favored to win it all, Thunder forward Kevin Durant predicted to win MVP

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/12/22/crystal.ball/index.html#ixzz1hNNChglz

latinofire21
12-23-2011, 12:38 PM
ESPN is wrong 98 percent of the time so I am happy to hear they think Miami is going to win the whole thing.

Miami adds Battier and Eddy Curry and that makes them the unbeatable heat they were supposed to be last year lol..

Lechoke and RuPaul wont be able to help Wade win a championship this year in Miami.

After they choke it up again look to see Boshzilla traded for pieces to build a real team.

Storch
12-23-2011, 12:40 PM
The Dallas Mavericks deserves some respect.

BranWingss
12-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Odds have to be on the Heat. Another year together, and adding in Shane Battier is certainly going to help. That team was brand new last year, and with another year together, they're going to be dominate. I really like OKC too, but I'm just not sure if they're there yet. Dallas winning again would probably be considered a big surprise to a lot of people, but I do think they're capable of it.

mightybosstone
12-23-2011, 12:48 PM
I read ESPN's predictions yesterday and Sports Illustrated's this morning, so I'm not surprised by the results presented by the thread. I AM a little shocked that ESPN and SI aren't thinking a little outside of the box, especially after last season's crazy postseason and how unpredictable a 66-game season will be.

If I had to pick my favorites right now? Of course I'm taking the Heat and Thunder. But I'm astonished there aren't a few experts who disagree or think there's another team out there capable of pulling off something crazy. You could compare the Clippers offseason to the magical run the Celtics had in '08, for example. And while the Lakers certainly seem like they're in turmoil, does no one think the trio of Kobe, Gasol, Bynum is capable of making one or two more legit runs at a title? The Celtics, Spurs and Mavs could also certainly have a shot if they can stay healthy and make a run at the right time.

mzgrizz
12-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Doubt Battier is their missing piece. Still have to be favored slightly over the rest IMO. OKC will be tough. Wish we had Arthur for the game on the 28th. Would have been a better estimate of their strength. Still not having backup bigs is a problem for the Grizz but hopefully we'll find 'em soon and be ready for the Spurs first and then the Thunder!

Sixerlover
12-23-2011, 01:33 PM
ESPN is wrong 98 percent of the time so I am happy to hear they think Miami is going to win the whole thing.

Miami adds Battier and Eddy Curry and that makes them the unbeatable heat they were supposed to be last year lol..

Lechoke and RuPaul wont be able to help Wade win a championship this year in Miami.

After they choke it up again look to see Boshzilla traded for pieces to build a real team.

cool nicknames.

Sixerlover
12-23-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm definitely going Miami for winning the title (If it isn't the SIXERS :win: :D). But I was last year as well, 2 wins off on that one.

What a lot of people don't understand is that Battier isn't supposed to be the "missing piece" but a year of chemistry between LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Haslem etc under Spolestra is going to help more than any additions they could have made this summer. The fact that they ran through my Sixers, the Celtics and the Bulls last playoffs show that they can dominate in the playoffs when it's time, and another year of chemistry will help towards that.

ll_eric_ll
12-23-2011, 01:39 PM
They dont know what they talkin bout,.. Mavs goin 66-0, and will repeat by sweepping all 4 teams in tha playoffs,.. Dirk regular season mvp and finals mvp

Baller1
12-23-2011, 02:58 PM
I agree completely. OKC vs. Miami Finals... Miami wins in 6 with home court advantage.

Chacarron
12-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I agree completely. OKC vs. Miami Finals... Miami wins in 6 with home court advantage.

Exactly my prediction.

gotoHcarolina52
12-23-2011, 03:38 PM
The Thunder would give the HEAT trouble. If both teams make it, I say it goes six or seven.

iggypop123
12-23-2011, 03:44 PM
we should just skip the regular season save guys legs since the finals have been decided. Nobody else stands a chance.

BALLER R
12-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Thunder in 7

NYKalltheway
12-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Thunder VS Heat is probably what will happen

He115ing
12-23-2011, 03:58 PM
They dont know what they talkin bout,.. Mavs goin 66-0, and will repeat by sweepping all 4 teams in tha playoffs,.. Dirk regular season mvp and finals mvp

Definitely much more realistic. You forgot to mention that in the last playoffs game the whole Mavs team is going to be injured and Dirk is going to single handedly win the entire game. and at the end of the game he is going to ascend to a higher plane of existance!

...idiot

Stuckey#3
12-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Wow... ESPN picks Heat... Big Surprise.
And Stern single-handedly takes the Lakers out of contention?

Nike is going to get there Lebron James money one way or the other.

Ill21
12-23-2011, 04:02 PM
It sucks the Knicks are really good right now because the heat are great. I honestly believe that the heat will win 2 or 3 rings in the next 5 years.

LAKERMANIA
12-23-2011, 04:07 PM
The Dallas Mavericks deserves some respect.

Thats what I thought, I would think the Mavs would have a chance as well..

I think the Bulls are going to be the East Champs this year.. Just a feeling...

billsftw
12-23-2011, 04:24 PM

lol so happy to see a knicks fan worried :)

billsftw
12-23-2011, 04:26 PM
The Thunder would give the HEAT trouble. If both teams make it, I say it goes six or seven.

sigh im a heat fan and even saying HEAT pisses me off :mad:

Dade County
12-23-2011, 04:26 PM
It sucks the Knicks are really good right now because the heat are great. I honestly believe that the heat will win 2 or 3 rings in the next 5 years.

I would like to think we are going to knuckle up, with rings... but whatever.

Thats what I thought, I would think the Mavs would have a chance as well..

I think the Bulls are going to be the East Champs this year.. Just a feeling...

I think they loss in the semi finals... still a good year for them.

But this is why we play the game.

NYYCowboys
12-23-2011, 04:44 PM
I got Bulls-Mavs ...Bulls in 7

Kutchie03
12-23-2011, 05:00 PM

you're an idiot. find a better way to deal with your insecurities, your jokes are awful.

SportsAndrew25
12-23-2011, 05:15 PM
My hope is that the Knicks win the NBA Championship, but logic dictates that the experts will likely be right. The Heat have the Big 3 and the Thunder have Durant and Westbrook. These teams are more than likely gonna win it. I just hope the experts are wrong.

Neosheed
12-23-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm definitely going Miami for winning the title (If it isn't the SIXERS :win: :D). But I was last year as well, 2 wins off on that one.

What a lot of people don't understand is that Battier isn't supposed to be the "missing piece" but a year of chemistry between LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Haslem etc under Spolestra is going to help more than any additions they could have made this summer. The fact that they ran through my Sixers, the Celtics and the Bulls last playoffs show that they can dominate in the playoffs when it's time, and another year of chemistry will help towards that.

I think they will have it that easy this year the heat always have problems wit complete teams especially the type of superstar rose is urs getting better and better and they add rip I think the heat lose in 6

Nycbball08
12-23-2011, 05:16 PM
I guess everyone on the heat are injury proof...all it takes is one injury, and I don't wish that on anyone, and the landscape could change...

Miltstar
12-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Clippers are gonna win it all... gonna be the CP BLAKE SHOW all year long!!

ll_eric_ll
12-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Definitely much more realistic. You forgot to mention that in the last playoffs game the whole Mavs team is going to be injured and Dirk is going to single handedly win the entire game. and at the end of the game he is going to ascend to a higher plane of existance!

...idiot

these predictions loose credebility in my book if they over look the Mavs.. thats all im sayin,.. Dirk is already at a higher level that anyone in your Knicks BTW

TylerSL
12-23-2011, 06:21 PM
I think they will have it that easy this year the heat always have problems wit complete teams especially the type of superstar rose is urs getting better and better and they add rip I think the heat lose in 6

Just like you probably had the Bulls in 5 against the Heat last year, right? Seriously, of course Chicago will be better internally, and they got Rip. But do you not think Miami will be better internally as well? And the Heat got Battier.

hgtiger32
12-23-2011, 06:34 PM
I have Chicago over Miami and OKC over Memphis with OKC winning it all

Vinylman
12-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Thunder VS Heat is probably what will happen

If its what Stern wants he will make sure it happens... oh wait he already did that by vetoing a certain trade :rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
12-23-2011, 08:33 PM
who cares? Its rare when these, "experts", get these picks on champs and awards right anyways.

justinnum1
12-23-2011, 08:49 PM
looks good

Ty Fast
12-23-2011, 08:54 PM
lol 2 people picked philly to win the division

Ladies Man
12-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Just like you probably had the Bulls in 5 against the Heat last year, right? Seriously, of course Chicago will be better internally, and they got Rip. But do you not think Miami will be better internally as well? And the Heat got Battier.

The Heat beat the Bulls because the Bulls didn't have a SG. Now we do. And Battier is actually not a huge addition with Bosh and LeBron playing practically the whole game. Bulls lost to the Heat in close games except one. Don't rule the Bulls out. Best complete starting five in the NBA with the best bench. I predict Bulls and Thunder in the finals. That can actually be a good series because if the Heat are in it they will be putting too much drama off court. Bulls vs Thunder would be a nice solid series with Kevin Durant vs Derrick Rose

justinnum1
12-23-2011, 09:11 PM
The Heat beat the Bulls because the Bulls didn't have a SG. Now we do. And Battier is actually not a huge addition with Bosh and LeBron playing practically the whole game. Bulls lost to the Heat in close games except one. Don't rule the Bulls out. Best complete starting five in the NBA with the best bench. I predict Bulls and Thunder in the finals. That can actually be a good series because if the Heat are in it they will be putting too much drama off court. Bulls vs Thunder would be a nice solid series with Kevin Durant vs Derrick Rose

Im sure it would, but as it stands, rip hamilton is not enough to get the bulls past the heat, imo and many others. Also, battier is a nice addition, and UD is 100% healthy(he single handily changed the ECF)

PrettyBoyJ
12-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Many don't want to admit it but Heats will win it all.. Whose gonna stop them from the east they basically walked to the finals last year and that was their first year together with more familiarity between Wade and Bron I think they win it all

justinnum1
12-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Many don't want to admit it but Heats will win it all.. Whose gonna stop them from the east they basically walked to the finals last year and that was their first year together with more familiarity between Wade and Bron I think they win it all

Props for giving an hones opinion, unlike the majority of haters on this site.

MTL_123
12-23-2011, 09:22 PM

lol how isnt the addition of battier not a huge move this allows Lebron to guard Rose even more cuz now battier can guard Deng or Rip :D

DaBear
12-23-2011, 09:28 PM
I don't care if 3, all, or none of the experts picked the Bulls to win. Those are the sexy picks, but we'll see what it boils down to. Not many people expected Dallas to win it last year, much less make it to the Finals. All I heard was Lakers-Heat all year.

DaBear
12-23-2011, 09:30 PM
lol how isnt the addition of battier not a huge move this allows Lebron to guard Rose even more cuz now battier can guard Deng or Rip :D

Then who guards the other? Wade? :laugh2:

The Rip Hamilton signing is much bigger than the Battier signing.

JohnnyOutcast
12-23-2011, 09:40 PM
The Rip move to Chicago is way more important than the Battier move to Miami because Hamilton addresses Chicago's biggest weakness. While Battier is a nice pickup he does not address the Heat major weakness. Plus Rip is a starter and will see 30+ min during playoffs while Battier plays the same positions as Miami's two best players SF/SG and will likely have less of an impact for his team.

justinnum1
12-23-2011, 10:03 PM
The Rip move to Chicago is way more important than the Battier move to Miami because Hamilton addresses Chicago's biggest weakness. While Battier is a nice pickup he does not address the Heat major weakness. Plus Rip is a starter and will see 30+ min during playoffs while Battier plays the same positions as Miami's two best players SF/SG and will likely have less of an impact for his team.

Wrong, battier will create huge matchup problems with chicago playing the 4 while lebron is playing the 1...we already know boozer will probably sitting on the sideline because of defense, but battier will stretch the floor spotting up for 3 and also play stellar defense.

People are forgetting how good miami's d was and how much better it will be with a healthy haslem and battier.

iggypop123
12-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Broussard just picked the flippers to get to the finals. :facepalm:

justinnum1
12-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Broussard just picked the flippers to get to the finals. :facepalm:

If butler and cp3 play 100%, they can be a very dangerous team.

iggypop123
12-23-2011, 10:10 PM

the thunder would beat hem in 5 games easily. This clippers hyperbole is nuts. From lottery to champs. Calm down people put down the koolaid. At least it was refreshing to see somebody not pick okc or Miami to the finals

Cubby
12-23-2011, 10:10 PM
The Heat didn't address either of their two biggest problems. The Bulls improved their most important problem at SG while still having the exact same team as last year. I like how the Heat will apparently have improved chemistry while the Bulls won't. Both teams were relatively new to each other, as the Bulls last year only had four players from the year before.

Rip fits like a glove on our team. While Battier adds depth, it won't matter much when Wade and LeBron are playing 40 minutes a game. Plus, someone has to chase Rip around all game, and then Brewer comes in as the defensive stopper to shut them down. Who ever is guarding Rip (probably Wade since he is the fastest) will be tired all series long. You can bring in Battier, but he still causes some problems.

I'm also hing Boozer and Noah can step up. When both are healthy, they are almost unstoppable on the boards, and are both pretty damn good offensively. If everything comes together, I think the Bulls win in six or seven. Heat fans, don't take any offense to this because it is only my opinion.

Cubby
12-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Wrong, battier will create huge matchup problems with chicago playing the 4 while lebron is playing the 1...we already know boozer will probably sitting on the sideline because of defense, but battier will stretch the floor spotting up for 3 and also play stellar defense.

People are forgetting how good miami's d was and how much better it will be with a healthy haslem and battier.

Rose can just guard Battier, you know. All he is going to do is camp at the arc, so your only helping us out. I think you mean Battier playing the 3. If you play him at the 4 and Bosh at 5, you guys won't get a rebound all game.

justinnum1
12-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Rose can just guard Battier, you know. All he is going to do is camp at the arc, so your only helping us out. I think you mean Battier playing the 3. If you play him at the 4 and Bosh at 5, you guys won't get a rebound all game.

Rose guarding 6'8 battier...i like my chances

justinnum1
12-23-2011, 10:15 PM
The Heat didn't address either of their two biggest problems. The Bulls improved their most important problem at SG while still having the exact same team as last year. I like how the Heat will apparently have improved chemistry while the Bulls won't. Both teams were relatively new to each other, as the Bulls last year only had four players from the year before.

Rip fits like a glove on our team. While Battier adds depth, it won't matter much when Wade and LeBron are playing 40 minutes a game. Plus, someone has to chase Rip around all game, and then Brewer comes in as the defensive stopper to shut them down. Who ever is guarding Rip (probably Wade since he is the fastest) will be tired all series long. You can bring in Battier, but he still causes some problems.

I'm also hing Boozer and Noah can step up. When both are healthy, they are almost unstoppable on the boards, and are both pretty damn good offensively. If everything comes together, I think the Bulls win in six or seven. Heat fans, don't take any offense to this because it is only my opinion.

Its all good. Heat won that series in 5 with all the injuries...a healthy heat teams take the series this time in 4 or 5. Lebron just seems to have roses number.

Cubby
12-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Rose guarding 6'8 battier...i like my chances

Like I said, camping at the 3 point line. If worse comes to worst, he can guard Wade like last time. You'd be surprised what Battier can do for your team outside of defense and 3 balls.

Cubby
12-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Its all good. Heat won that series in 5 with all the injuries...a healthy heat teams take the series this time in 4 or 5. Lebron just seems to have roses number.

...and that's your opinion. I respect it, but I disagree. We will have to wait and see, my friend.

justinnum1
12-23-2011, 10:18 PM
...and that's your opinion. I respect it, but I disagree. We will have to wait and see, my friend.

Absolutely, cant wait(bart scott voice):cheers:

SportsFanatic10
12-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Then who guards the other? Wade? :laugh2:

The Rip Hamilton signing is much bigger than the Battier signing.

lol your not very smart disrespecting wades defense like that. when he decides to lock someone down hes one of the best. just look what he did to kobe christmas day last year as one example.

in crunch time i see a heat lineup of:

Wade
Battier
Lebron
Haslem
Bosh

with lebron sometimes playing point on defense and maybe miller/chalmers getting in there if healthy the odd time. depending on the matchup haslem and bosh could switch places as well. also lebron can always play some pf this team is very versatile

justinnum1
12-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Also, look what wade did to allen in the playoffs(rip is a poor mans ray allen)

Cubby
12-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Ray Allen doesn't run around like Rip does. Rip will tire out any defender, Wade or not. I don't care about Ray Allen or Rip being a poor version of him. I care about Rip being a great fit at SG for us.

SportsFanatic10
12-23-2011, 10:47 PM
^ lol running around is ray allens whole game...running around multiple screens and hitting 3s. what are you talking about?

Cubby
12-23-2011, 10:55 PM
^ lol running around is ray allens whole game...running around multiple screens and hitting 3s. what are you talking about?

What I mean is that Rip is much quicker and faster than Ray. Not to mention his fast break offense with Rose is going to be stellar. Ray Ray doesn't have much of a fast break game.

Don't get me wrong, Ray is better and is one of my favorite non-Bulls, but I feel like Rip fits in with our team plan: tire them out with your depth and punch them in the mouth in the fourth. He will most definitely tire some dudes out.

TylerSL
12-23-2011, 11:34 PM

You do not get it. Lebron wont have to play the whole game now because we got Battier. Bosh dont have to play the whole game because Haslem is healthy this year. Haslem/Miller were injured practically all year last year, they were basically our bench last year. Now, Haslem is healthy, we got Battier, and hopefully Miller can be healthy this year. Not saying Chicago isnt better than they were last year, they are. But Miami is also better than they were last year. Lebron/Wade/Bosh are all in the best shape of their careers.....

Also, who cares about starting lineups. Miami's main lineup, you know, the one they will use in crunch time is Lebron Wade Battier Haslem Bosh. Thats the main lineup, you really think Miami will want to play guys like Joel Anthony, and Chalmers over Battier and Haslem? No they wont. Just because Joel is the starting Center doesnt mean he will be in the game for signifigant minutes. As I said in the Heat forum, he might get 20 minutes. And LOL at the Heat would create drama off the court, actually, it is the media and fans like you that create the drama because it is the Heat....... :facepalm:

TylerSL
12-23-2011, 11:42 PM

this is basically what ALL of you guys said last year.....

oak2455
12-24-2011, 12:03 AM
hey who shut down LBJ:confused::speechless:

Cubby
12-24-2011, 12:50 AM
this is basically what ALL of you guys said last year.....

Don't put words into my mouth. Last time I checked, none of us expected Bosh to play C. Everyone knows we would have destroyed you if you did.

Mr_Amaziing
12-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Bulls vs Heat/Knicks

Okc vs Mavs/Grizzlies/Clippers

My prediction would be Okc vs. Bulls
Okc in 7

theheatles
12-24-2011, 01:29 AM
Ray Allen doesn't run around like Rip does. Rip will tire out any defender, Wade or not. I don't care about Ray Allen or Rip being a poor version of him. I care about Rip being a great fit at SG for us.

:crazy:

The Jokemaker
12-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Heat will obviously win. The fun is gone in the NBA, the Heat will probably win 3 or 4 championships in the coming years.

shizzle09
12-24-2011, 02:58 AM
:crazy:

or :drunk:

naps
12-24-2011, 06:31 AM

Agreed 100%. (http://gifsforum.com/images/image/you%20mad/preview/you%20mad.jpg)

MOST
12-24-2011, 07:24 AM
I just can't wait for basketball... a trade can change all this up truthfully

Demon11
12-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Heat will obviously win. The fun is gone in the NBA, the Heat will probably win 3 or 4 championships in the coming years.

Meh, everyone undervalued Lebrons career because he had no rings, so he went and solved that problem as best he could.

Baller1
12-24-2011, 08:30 AM
the thunder would beat hem in 5 games easily. This clippers hyperbole is nuts. From lottery to champs. Calm down people put down the koolaid. At least it was refreshing to see somebody not pick okc or Miami to the finals

Boston did it a few years ago, so it's not out of the realm of possibility by any means.

CubbieBlueprint
12-24-2011, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if the bulls came out of the east. The addition of Rip, better chemistry, and depth will prevail. The Heat didn't exactly kill the bulls last year, the barely beat them in the ECF.

justinnum1
12-24-2011, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if the bulls came out of the east. The addition of Rip, better chemistry, and depth will prevail. The Heat didn't exactly kill the bulls last year, the barely beat them in the ECF.

If thats the case, the bulls barely beat the pacers.

Vinylman
12-24-2011, 11:38 AM

:rolleyes::facepalm::rolleyes:

Caron Butler??????????????... the odd man out wherever he has been LMFAO

Who is gonna play D on the Clippers?

justinnum1
12-24-2011, 11:53 AM
:rolleyes::facepalm::rolleyes:

Caron Butler??????????????... the odd man out wherever he has been LMFAO

Who is gonna play D on the Clippers?

CP3 is a good defender, Jordan is improving, blake is improving.

Vinylman
12-24-2011, 12:00 PM
:facepalm: get a clue. CP3 is a good defender, Jordan is improving, blake is improving, btw, what team do you root for?

The clippers will play ZERO D... It is just so funny to watch all the ignorant people talk about the clipps...

As I always say... lets see what happens on the court...

As for your question on who i support.... i consider that a compliment that you don't know... unlike you... i am not a sword swallower for my team...

mdm692
12-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Obviously nobody saw miamis biggest fault last year which was the C position which the team failed to adress by the way. With teams like NYK and IND getting stronger in the paint I fail to see how adding Shane Battier to an already strong Wing defense makes them instant contenders. Ive said this since last year and I will say it again the Heat dont want to see NYK in a 7 game series they cause too many match up problems for the Heat. Tyson Chandler makes the stronger and provides that defensive presence they lacked last year, not to mention he can help with bosh. Stat would probably average 30+ ppg vs the Heats front court. Lets face it as great as a defender as Lebron is he has NEVER been able to stop Carmelo, as matter of fact melo has gotten the best of him most of the time. Not to say Melo can stop Lebron but he matches up well.Wade would be the wild card but would be offset by Stats offensive explosion. You cant forget the up and coming Pacers, the Bulls expect to have boozer and rip hamilton healthy, and the Hawks will still be the Hawks, by the way D12 is still in the eastern conference. What do all these teans have in common?? Strong front courts if you look at the Heats opponents from last year you would see what Im talking about.

76ers-who the heck are their bigs, do they even have bigs??
Celtics-KG, JO, Shaq really?? That looks more like a fossil convention.
Bulls-Noah, Taj, Asik now thats more formidable but their scoring PF, boozer, was nursing an injury if Im not mistaken and they lacked scoring from the 2 position which is set to change this year with rip in the line up and a healthy boozer.
Mavs-Ok now heres a complete team with the perfect PF, C combination in Tyson and Dirk and we all now the outcome of that.

Obviously theres other aspects to consider and Heat have a strong chance but for people to say they will run away with the title is ridiculous the race for the championship is the closest it has ever been. With that said Thunder take it all Durant for finals MVP and Wetbrook leaves to sign with the suns for max contract this offseason(ok last part is just my wishful thinking)

        
12-24-2011, 12:11 PM
The thunder won't win with their current roster, Westbrook is an overrated ball hog and Durant is too skinny! Sorry, but the Heat pretty much have this thing locked up... Short season will tone down their fatigue for the playoffs.

naps
12-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Ray Allen doesn't run around like Rip does.

Are you crazy?? I bet you don't know who Ray Allen is.

DR_1
12-24-2011, 06:06 PM
:facepalm:

I still can't believe these analysts get paid. The only good one is Marc Stein.

Cubby
12-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Are you crazy?? I bet you don't know who Ray Allen is.

What I meant was he isn't as fast or quick as Rip. God damn, read my post after it.

Cubby
12-24-2011, 06:18 PM
If thats the case, the bulls barely beat the pacers.

I'm pretty sure that series went for five games. Yeah the games were close but we were the clear better team. We showed that by winning by 27 points (116-89) in Game 5.

DaBear
12-24-2011, 06:25 PM
lol your not very smart disrespecting wades defense like that. when he decides to lock someone down hes one of the best. just look what he did to kobe christmas day last year as one example.

in crunch time i see a heat lineup of:

Wade
Battier
Lebron
Haslem
Bosh

with lebron sometimes playing point on defense and maybe miller/chalmers getting in there if healthy the odd time. depending on the matchup haslem and bosh could switch places as well. also lebron can always play some pf this team is very versatile

Guarding Bogans is like guarding a ghost, because he has no offense. Rip will pose a bigger challenge for the Heat than Bogans did. 100%

BTW, didn't Jason Terry **** on Miami in the Finals? Who was guarding him?

naps
12-24-2011, 06:44 PM
LOL @ Bulls fans. They are acting like they landed Rip Hamilton of 2005. Ofcourse he's still an upgrade over bogans offensively but I think they are gonna be upset.

And people who are saying Miami didn't land a center, well, they went past the Celtics, Bulls bigs with no problem whatsoever. I remember last year people were saying no way Miami beats Bulls or Celtics because they front has nothing. We all know what happened. I agree that's still a concern for the Heat but you can't say they will fail because they didn't address that. Miami went through all teams with no problems except Dallas. Had LeBron not choked it wouldn't be an issue.

justinnum1
12-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Rip hamilton is not the answer...maybe if bulls lost in 7, but they got abused in games 2-5. They needed afflalo or richardson to close the gap

DaBear
12-24-2011, 07:06 PM
LOL @ Bulls fans. They are acting like they landed Rip Hamilton of 2005. Ofcourse he's still an upgrade over bogans offensively but I think they are gonna be upset.

And people who are saying Miami didn't land a center, well, they went past the Celtics, Bulls bigs with no problem whatsoever. I remember last year people were saying no way Miami beats Bulls or Celtics because they front has nothing. We all know what happened. I agree that's still a concern for the Heat but you can't say they will fail because they didn't address that. Miami went through all teams with no problems except Dallas. Had LeBron not choked it wouldn't be an issue.

Even if he's not the 2005 Hamilton, he is still a major upgrade over Bogans. Miami did nothing to address their biggest weaknesses. The Bulls did.

justinnum1
12-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Even if he's not the 2005 Hamilton, he is still a major upgrade over Bogans. Miami did nothing to address their biggest weaknesses. The Bulls did.

You make it sound like bulls have a huge advantage over the heat at center...you do know bulls were out rebounded by the heat, right? . But this weakness is not such a problem. And bosh playing the 5 did what ever he wanted to do agasint your frontline.

Also, no need for name calling.

2doors
12-24-2011, 07:13 PM
The clippers will play ZERO D... It is just so funny to watch all the ignorant people talk about the clipps...

As I always say... lets see what happens on the court...

As for your question on who i support.... i consider that a compliment that you don't know... unlike you... i am not a sword swallower for my team...

zero D lmao

naps
12-24-2011, 07:26 PM

What is Miami's biggest need? When did Miami have problem against any bigs? Please give me some names. Noah/Boozer? They got abused by Bosh, Joel, Haslem. You should know better. Miami filled their biggest need. A lockdown perimeter defender. I can guarantee Wade-Battier-LeBron are going to play majority of the 4th quarter. Now they can assign Battier to slow down opponent's biggest perimeter threat, that way LeBron and Wade will have more focus on offense. You act like you are smarter than the Godfather.

pd1dish
12-24-2011, 07:43 PM

well, they made it to the Finals last year in their first year together. they can only go up from here. and they added better players to the team than they had before. on top of it, Mike Miller and Haslem are healthy going into the season. and if any star can handle the condensed schedule and heavy minutes they may have to play, Lebron is the one.

idk if they will win it all, but they will most likely make it to the Finals.

Captain Moroni
12-24-2011, 08:35 PM
when has ESPN ever been right?

Cubby
12-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Boozer and Noah were both playing with injuries anyways. If they're healthy this year we will be fine.

Rip is a small downgrade from Bogans defensively, but a significant upgrade offensively. He is a great fit here, better than Richardson IMO. J Rich is just a shooter and this point and will just camp behind the arc just like how Keith did. It gets us nowhere.

ThePooH_1_
12-24-2011, 08:38 PM
this season is going to be awsome!!