MackShock
12-22-2011, 09:46 PM
who?

asandhu23
12-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Fesenko is a decent player.

ESaady
12-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Meh, he's whatevskis. Is Andrei Kirilenko staying in Russia?

Bayareaboy
12-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Name sounds familiar but all I can think to say is
WHO????

Monta is beast
12-22-2011, 11:00 PM
He's a big dude. I think he's something like 7'1 & 280 pounds, he's still young at 24. While he is big, he doesn't have much skill. Not a very good defender, from what I have heard.

Leandres_sf
12-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Meh, he's whatevskis. Is Andrei Kirilenko staying in Russia?

Yeah, any update on Kirilenko?

MackShock
12-23-2011, 12:38 AM
this guys probably very slow too

robbnen#31
12-23-2011, 01:08 AM
Yeah, any update on Kirilenko?

Last I saw he was working on a multiyear deal with the Nets

WestCoastSportz
12-23-2011, 01:45 AM
Fesenko is a decent player and pretty mobile for a player his size. He's much like Andris Biedrins though. He can't defend without fouling.

bigmac8675
12-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Meh... thats really all I gotta say about that!

49warriors
12-23-2011, 04:32 AM
This guy is a better with skills then Bedriens, much stronger with post up skills 7'1 280 who jumps off the floor on post up hook shots, making it impossible to stop.(Unlike Bedriens who never gets off the floor on post moves)
Very strong hands, and better free thrower than AB....IT WOULD BE A HUGE UPGRADE.....I'm surprise no one remember Kyrylo playing a small roll in eliminating the 07 "We Believe" team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awuV5n9p85A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

djeller1139
12-23-2011, 04:34 AM
He's decent, but didn't we just trade Amundson?

Monta is beast
12-23-2011, 05:11 AM
He's decent, but didn't we just trade Amundson?

Dude where ya been? And I think this is just an assurance signing. In case of injuries or something like that.

killaT
12-23-2011, 07:48 AM
I remembet Fesenko the name because i played with the jazz in nba2k8. The dude is garbage in that game but who knows how good he is in real life.

Ahh **** it with all these big men. Who cares if amundson is gone he was garbage too. Lets be real, lets give Jeremy Tyler a chance. I mean the dude did skip his senior year in highschool for this moment :)

Let Tyler be the first guy off the bench who backs up Lee. Udoh should back up beans n brown before D. Lee

BrandoCommando
12-23-2011, 02:03 PM
he's a scrub.

GSP
12-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Big Guy with little skills which is disappointing cause normally the Euros have decent footwork etc ....

MackShock
12-23-2011, 02:49 PM
I remembet Fesenko the name because i played with the jazz in nba2k8. The dude is garbage in that game but who knows how good he is in real life.

Ahh **** it with all these big men. Who cares if amundson is gone he was garbage too. Lets be real, lets give Jeremy Tyler a chance. I mean the dude did skip his senior year in highschool for this moment :)

Let Tyler be the first guy off the bench who backs up Lee. Udoh should back up beans n brown before D. Lee

This. Tyler ftw

Lloyd Christmas
12-24-2011, 04:13 AM
Whoa. How did I miss this rumor? I would love Fasenco. He is a big, tough, defensive player. I also like big men from the Utah system. Bring him in!

lol, please
12-24-2011, 04:22 AM
he's a scrub.

:laugh:

iFYouSeekAmy
12-25-2011, 04:13 AM
LOL Facenco? I remember laughing at him every time he was on the court during the Jazz's multiple playoff runs- the guy is incredibly awkward on the court from what I saw. Why is the FO targeting him when there are clearly better options...

Monta is beast
12-25-2011, 04:53 AM
I think what the front office is trying to do, is offset other teams strength's. Biedrins can guard quicker big men, Brown can Guard stronger big men, & if we get Fasenco he can do the same. Now when we play the Lakers, Magic, Bucks, etc we have bigger big men that can slow down Bynum, Howard, & Bogut. Also with the additions of McGuire & Rush gives us two more defensive minded players that can guard multiple positions. I think it's a smart way to get better honestly.

likemystylez
12-25-2011, 05:22 PM
I think what the front office is trying to do, is offset other teams strength's. Biedrins can guard quicker big men, Brown can Guard stronger big men, & if we get Fasenco he can do the same. Now when we play the Lakers, Magic, Bucks, etc we have bigger big men that can slow down Bynum, Howard, & Bogut. Also with the additions of McGuire & Rush gives us two more defensive minded players that can guard multiple positions. I think it's a smart way to get better honestly.

its a good way to get better if you are already a top 3 or 4 team in the confrence. If you are a contender- you might hesitate to rip your core apart. If you are a non playoff team for 18 years... you do what you need to do to get yourself into the playoffs... and Im sorry but thats not adding mcguire and walking away from chris paul.

robbnen#31
12-25-2011, 07:27 PM
its a good way to get better if you are already a top 3 or 4 team in the confrence. If you are a contender- you might hesitate to rip your core apart. If you are a non playoff team for 18 years... you do what you need to do to get yourself into the playoffs... and Im sorry but thats not adding mcguire and walking away from chris paul.

Something I was just thinking. I don't know if there is a WAR equivalent in basketball, but how many more games does Chris Paul win for us over Curry? I'm not even sure that making that Chris Paul trade gets us to the playoffs. We trade our starting point guard, primary backup at the 2/3, and the primary backup at the 4/5 for an upgrade at point guard. I don't know if that one upgrade from Curry to Paul gets us to the playoffs.

likemystylez
12-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Something I was just thinking. I don't know if there is a WAR equivalent in basketball, but how many more games does Chris Paul win for us over Curry? I'm not even sure that making that Chris Paul trade gets us to the playoffs. We trade our starting point guard, primary backup at the 2/3, and the primary backup at the 4/5 for an upgrade at point guard. I don't know if that one upgrade from Curry to Paul gets us to the playoffs.

mybe not, but my guess is that with the warriors adding chris paul... other quality players would want to come here. Also- being a superstar at the pg level... chris paul would have the ability to make a lot of our other current players better.

Once again.... Im not so concerned with chris paul per se. I'm more upset that the team has said they are ready to make bold moves, they are ready to take chances.... and they made the choice not to take a chance. I'm more upset that the team seems content keeping a 36 win team intact with only minor adjustments to the rotation.

The team had over 7 months to prepare, they had cap space, they had an amnesty clause at their disposal. If the front office cant do anything productive under those circumstances... you have to wonder A) Do they really want to get better? B) Are they capable of making moves to get this team better.

BrandoCommando
12-27-2011, 08:56 PM
we signed him.

Monta is beast
12-27-2011, 09:06 PM
A team source has confirmed the SI.com report that the Warriors have agreed to a one-year deal with free agent center Kyrylo Fesenko, who spent the last four seasons with the Utah Jazz.

Fesenko — a 7-foot-1, 288 pound Ukranian — will consume the rest of the Warriors’ salary cap space, which is just over a million. Golden State now has a maximum of 15 players on the roster.

Fesenko is a bruising big man who will add depth to the Warriors’ frontline. Golden State now has five players at least 6-foot-10: Andris Biedrins, Kwame Brown, Jeremy Tyler and Ekpe Udoh. Throw in the size upgrades on the wing (6-foot-9 SF Dominic McGuire, 6-7 swingman Klay Thompson, 6-6 swingman Brandon Rush), and Golden State is a much bigger team across the board.

Fesenko is expected to arrive tonight. His physical is scheduled for Wednesday. He will be with the team for the Knicks game, but don’t expect him to play. His first practice won’t be until Thursday

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2011/12/27/warriors-land-another-big-man-former-jazz-center-kyrylo-fesenko/

robbnen#31
12-27-2011, 09:17 PM
I like the move, if anything we can just use him to foul terrible ft shooters.

Monta is beast
12-27-2011, 09:21 PM
I like the move, if anything we can just use him to foul terrible ft shooters.

Another big body. We have three big centers & two big power forwards. I love this deal, make use of the rest of the cap we had.