PDA

View Full Version : Nets acquire Mehmet Okur for draft pick

GhostfaceDrilla
12-22-2011, 08:37 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/KBergCBS

According to Ken Berger. For a 2015 2nd rounder?

kjoke
12-22-2011, 08:38 PM
thats cheap

RLundi
12-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Not bad. I like him as a temporary replacement for Lopez, especially since he came so cheap.

HouRealCoach
Wow... very cheap

Robbw241
Nice!

netsgiantsyanks
:clap: good move.

netsgiantsyanks
12-22-2011, 08:41 PM
plus, deron williams is pretty familiar with him too.

lvlheaded
12-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Not bad. I dont remember his contract but it shouldnt mess up their cap past this year.

GodsSon
12-22-2011, 08:42 PM
So they now have Okur, AK-47 and Deron. When do they trade for Boozer?

netsgiantsyanks
12-22-2011, 08:43 PM
^they don't have ak-47, dude.

ManRam
Great move for the Nets...

Much better C than whatever they currently have.

jmoney85
we dont have ak47

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 08:44 PM
i like the trade....

Robbw241
12-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Yah we can't sign AK now. Okur is like 8 mil for 1 year

BradHolt4CYoung
12-22-2011, 08:46 PM

Do we take on all that 8mil? I know in baseball when a team trades a high paid player to just get rid of him they sometimes take on part of his salary.

kenzo400
12-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Strange move by the Jazz. He is on an expiring contract, you would think that they would be able to get more.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Last year he averaged 5 and 2 in 13 games but the 5 years before that he was 18 and 9, 17 and 7, 14 and 7, 17 and 7, and 13 and 7. He's 32 as well, it isn't like he is very old.

MissesThe90s
12-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Great pickup. Another shooting threat, and a guy that stretches out the defense. Not quite the rebounder Lopez is but you guys still have Hump to clean up the boards.

Netslunatic76
12-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Good move. A solid replacement for Lopez until he recovers. A 2015 second rounder is really cheap too.

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 08:49 PM
hes a perfect replacement

justinnum1
12-22-2011, 08:50 PM
salary dump

JerseysFinest
12-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Billy King is amazing

waveycrockett
12-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Billy King is a G!

beliges
12-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Wow what a steal for the Nets. Nice move.

Utahjazzfan18
The jazz got a trade exception so maybe they'll be acquiring someone else pretty soon.

Robbw241
I think it's more KOC is an amazingly nice guy to his friends.

waveycrockett
12-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Billy King is the man

QuaLiThADoN
12-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Very happy can be awesome back up and or starting PF when Brook comes back and could very well play alongside dwight or be involved in a salary dump deal. Well Job BK once again :clap:

97NYer
12-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Great pickup. Another shooting threat, and a guy that stretches out the defense. Not quite the rebounder Lopez is but you guys still have Hump to clean up the boards.

Lopez is a 7 footer who get's 5 rebounds per. I hope this is a joke.
:facepalm:

lvlheaded
12-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Jazz probably are more excited about the trade exception and not having to pay him than they are about the pick

KingShango
12-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Excellent move by the Nets. They have certainly helped themselves lately in the free-agency period, without hurting their cap situation for next off-season.

Cano-Montero...
12-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Good trade for both teams

Jazz got the exception...Nets get a solid replacement and another expiring...

tyfreaks brotha
12-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice pickup untill Brook is healthy

BradHolt4CYoung
12-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Nets gonna have a lot of money coming off the books next offseason.

Best thing that can happen:

The Magic do not trade Dwight, they end up missing the playoffs.
Dwight walks via free agency. BR-O-OK-LY-N WE GO HARD
Lopez recovers from the surgery and shows teams he is healthy. Nets trade Brook because they sign Dwight. Deron resigns.
Dwight is now a Net, and we keep our top draft picks and are able to trade Lopez for a good wing scorer to compliment Dwill/Dwight.

rhymeratic
12-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Okur is finished. The dude had major Achilles injury if memory servers me right and hasn't been the same since. I guess anything in the middle is better than nothing.

I'm surprised Jazz didn't get greedy and ask for a 1st round pick, but I guess Nets were on some we need all our picks for trades.

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Okur is finished. The dude had major Achilles injury if memory servers me right and hasn't been the same since. I guess anything in the middle is better than nothing.

I'm surprised Jazz didn't get greedy and ask for a 1st round pick, but I guess Nets were on some we need all our picks for trades.

oo look its a knick fan negatively commenting on a net transaction... what else is new

MTL_123
12-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Nets gonna have a lot of money coming off the books next offseason.

Best thing that can happen:

The Magic do not trade Dwight, they end up missing the playoffs.
Dwight walks via free agency. BR-O-OK-LY-N WE GO HARD
Lopez recovers from the surgery and shows teams he is healthy. Nets trade Brook because they sign Dwight. Deron resigns.
Dwight is now a Net, and we keep our top draft picks and are able to trade Lopez for a good wing scorer to compliment Dwill/Dwight.

Wow that would be crazy if that happened BROOKLYN GOING HARD :D

deaner
12-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Forgive me, but I don't see the genius here. It really limits the team financially and jeopardizes the trade for Howard/cap space. Don't you just sign chuck wagon? It seems like a panic move to me.

sunsfan88
12-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Okur is basically another Lopez but older and less athletic.

nycericanguy
12-22-2011, 09:18 PM
This trade means NJ can no longer absorb contracts this season if ORL wants to dump them. I wonder if they're dropping out of DH in a trade scenario and hoping for FAgency.

shep33
12-22-2011, 09:21 PM
nice move, but when did he last play?

shep33
12-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Jazz probably are more excited about the trade exception and not having to pay him than they are about the pick

exactly, good move by the Jazz. No reason to have him on the roster when they already got Al, Favors, Millsap, etc

shep33
12-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Wow... Mehmet is getting 11 Mill this year? Forget good move by the Jazz, great move by the Jazz. And it'll help NJ for a couple months until Lopez gets back

Cano-Montero...
12-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Forgive me, but I don't see the genius here. It really limits the team financially and jeopardizes the trade for Howard/cap space. Don't you just sign chuck wagon? It seems like a panic move to me.

Nope it does not.. better for the nets..They have 25 mil expiring including humpries who I think needs consent if traded...

Just good job by their gm to land those expirings..

SO Nets can now give 25 mil expiring to land Howard and Turk...

They also could hang on to morrow and just offer a package of Brook, Lopez and picks...

Cano-Montero...
12-22-2011, 09:28 PM
This trade means NJ can no longer absorb contracts this season if ORL wants to dump them. I wonder if they're dropping out of DH in a trade scenario and hoping for FAgency.

wrong...

better for Orlando since they would receiving 25 million in expring salaries and only getting back Lopez and probably Brooks plus picks....

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 09:30 PM
i would just keep him and play him next to dwight... he would be a perfect PF next to dwight if healthy

beasted86
12-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Solid pickup. Only a 1yr obligation, and he could help the team if he's finally recovered.

Both teams benefited, as it takes a big financial burden off the Jazz who wouldn't have played him much.

shep33
12-22-2011, 09:33 PM
If Okur is an extra 11 Mill, that brings their team salary up to 60 mill right? They still got to add another 27 mill for Turk and Howard's contracts.

Toxeryll
12-22-2011, 09:35 PM
I dont know what Utah is doing

JasonJohnHorn
12-22-2011, 09:37 PM
That is so fawked for Utah. They seriously couldnt get more than a second rounder for the guy? WTF? I'm sure Dallas would have ponied up a first rounder and a player. The GM in Utah is not doing his job very well. You never give up a good big for nothing.

WTF!!!!

nycericanguy
12-22-2011, 09:38 PM
wrong...

better for Orlando since they would receiving 25 million in expring salaries and only getting back Lopez and probably Brooks plus picks....

No, if NJ had $11m in cap they could take on Hedo & Duhon's contracts without sending back any money. Meaning ORL would save a ton.

Now they will need to send back matching contracts, even if they are expiring that is still money ORL has to pay this year.

Cano-Montero...
12-22-2011, 09:39 PM
If Okur is an extra 11 Mill, that brings their team salary up to 60 mill right? They still got to add another 27 mill for Turk and Howard's contracts.

Humpries contract of 8 mil...
Lopez of 3 mil
Brooks of 1 mil..

Around 24 mil in salaries... that trade is doable since both teams over the cap up to 125% of salaries are allowed..Although consent is needed for humpries for deal to go through...

shep33
12-22-2011, 09:41 PM
That is so fawked for Utah. They seriously couldnt get more than a second rounder for the guy? WTF? I'm sure Dallas would have ponied up a first rounder and a player. The GM in Utah is not doing his job very well. You never give up a good big for nothing.

WTF!!!!

I think people have to think differently about this, some posters aren't understanding the Jazz's situation... Would you pay someone 11 mill who is 32, coming off of a severe injury and playing only 13 games last season? Oh and you have Jefferson, Milsap, and Derrick Favors, so you have absolutely no playing time for him.

Cano-Montero...
No, if NJ had $11m in cap they could take on Hedo & Duhon's contracts without sending back any money. Meaning ORL would save a ton.

Now they will need to send back matching contracts, even if they are expiring that is still money ORL has to pay this year.

I get your point... But at least Orlando saves money for the future and at the same time if Dwight is traded midseason... Some of the money owed to Dwight, Turk and etc has already been paid...

AddiX
I'm baffled that he was available this whole time and no one else went after him.

Cano-Montero...
12-22-2011, 09:42 PM
I think people have to think differently about this, some posters aren't understanding the Jazz's situation... Would you pay someone 11 mill who is 32, coming off of a severe injury and playing only 13 games last season? Oh and you have Jefferson, Milsap, and Derrick Favors, so you have absolutely no playing time for him.

add the fact that 11 mil exception would be savyyyy...

beasted86
12-22-2011, 09:43 PM

You forgot to add 3rd overall pick Enes Kanter.

Aside from that, the Mavericks and other teams didn't have the cap space or a TPE large enough to take him without the Jazz having to take back multiple players.

shep33
12-22-2011, 09:45 PM
add the fact that 11 mil exception would be savyyyy...

ahh right on, 11 mill exception is a great deal for someone that wouldn't play

shep33
12-22-2011, 09:46 PM
You forgot to add 3rd overall pick Enes Kanter.

Aside from that, the Mavericks and other teams didn't have the cap space or a TPE large enough to take him without the Jazz having to take back multiple players.

Can't believe I forgot Kanter lol. So yeah this was a great move by the Jazz, he would've played 0 minutes per game and they would've paid him 11 mill for nothing...

Good deal, Jazz made out real well, and the Nets got someone to fill in for a couple months... hopefully he stays healthy, because that was a serious injury he suffered... and he's 32

deaner
12-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Nope it does not.. better for the nets..They have 25 mil expiring including humpries who I think needs consent if traded...

Just good job by their gm to land those expirings..

SO Nets can now give 25 mil expiring to land Howard and Turk...

They also could hang on to morrow and just offer a package of Brook, Lopez and picks...

Please explain this to me. You had cash in hand. Out of nessesity you took on a negitive valued player. Yes, it's not a long term handicap but it is for this year. Chuck Hayes would been a much better option IMO.

MFFL==FML
12-22-2011, 09:52 PM
The jazz got a trade exception so maybe they'll be acquiring someone else pretty soon.

Please take Brendan Haywood for a 2095 future 2nd round pick.

NYsFinest
12-22-2011, 09:53 PM
LOL at Nets fans getting excited over this...

The Nets biggest advantage over LA was the fact they could take on Hedo and Duhon without giving back any salary. LA can just as easily flip their role players for "expirings" in a 3 team trade, however its hard to find a team 10+ mil under the cap to trade with... the true value is cap space to absorb salary.

They just gave up they biggest edge they had for a 32 year old coming off a very serious injury who played 13 games last year to act as a stopgap for a team thats going nowhere anyways. This adds a couple of wins max, and only pulls their pick (also a dwight chip) to be further away from the lottery.

Cano-Montero...
12-22-2011, 09:56 PM

The Nets biggest advantage over LA was the fact they could take on Hedo and Duhon without giving back any salary. LA can just as easily flip their role players for "expirings" in a 3 team trade, however its hard to find a team 10+ mil under the cap to trade with... the true value is cap space to absorb salary.

They just gave up they biggest edge they had for a 32 year old coming off a very serious injury who played 13 games last year.

I agree with you... But still if you look at it, Orlando could still save some money for the next 2 season if they could dump Turk and Duhon..

dhopisthename
12-22-2011, 09:58 PM
couple of reasons the jazz did this.
1. okur is quite frankly done. I know preaseason doesn't mean much, but he looked really slow and i think right now is at best a 4-5th big unless he can really improve on his preseason showing

2. He would have gotten zero playing time behind jefferson, kanter, favors, and millsap unless 2 went down with injury. plus we have jeremy evans who when put in produces well so his value was not going to go up.

3. this takes under the salary cap threshold. not sure that means much, but it is good since the jazz are not a rich team and have paid the lux tax for the past years.

4. the trade exception is never a bad thing to have. if you play your cards right and get lucky you can get an odom, brewer, or rudy for free like this past year.

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 09:58 PM
this actually better for the magic... now instead of having to take on the likes of farmar + other garbage who might have to be there for more than 1 year ( which they would have to be involved to make salaries match up) instead they get a player like okur if they wanted to go that route and essentially getting okur for giving up turks contract... works out perfectly

Cano-Montero...
12-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Please explain this to me. You had cash in hand. Out of nessesity you took on a negitive valued player. Yes, it's not a long term handicap but it is for this year. Chuck Hayes would been a much better option IMO.

Would Chuck Hayes Sign a 1 yr deal?

They would love that expiring in a deal for Dwight plus it fills a need atm..At the same time if Nets suck then they provide a higher draft pick..

NYsFinest
12-22-2011, 09:59 PM
I agree with you... But still if you look at it, Orlando could still save some money for the next 2 season if they could dump Turk and Duhon..

Just don't think its worth jeopardizing getting the one player the franchise is desperate for and is all in for even a little bit. Memo is not going to make enough of a difference this season.

jimbobjarree
12-22-2011, 10:01 PM

WTF!!!!

put it this way, I'd much rather have KOC as our gm than you.

we save 11 million for a guy who wasn't even going to play for us (he looked awful in preseason, we have Millsap, Al, Kanter, Favors), he hasnt been the same since he bust his achiles.

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Just don't think its worth jeopardizing getting the one player the franchise is desperate for and is all in for even a little bit. Memo is not going to make enough of a difference.

you are not understanding

this okurs salary is very close to the salary turk gets... but okur is expiring and turks has a few years left.... if the nets made the trade with the magic they would probably have to take back some non-expiring money back... now they wont have too at all

Cano-Montero...
12-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Kris humpries holds the key to Dwight Howard

His consent is needed in any deal and Any player who signed a free-agent deal this offseason is untradeable until March 1.

JerseysFinest
12-22-2011, 10:03 PM

They just gave up they biggest edge they had for a 32 year old coming off a very serious injury who played 13 games last year to act as a stopgap for a team thats going nowhere anyways. This adds a couple of wins max, and only pulls their pick (also a dwight chip) to be further away from the lottery.

Not unless Dwight only wants to sign an extension with NJ.

NYsFinest

this okurs salary is very close to the salary turk gets... but okur is expiring and turks has a few years left.... if the nets made the trade with the magic they would probably have to take back some non-expiring money back... now they wont have too at all

I don't think you are understanding....

Cano-Montero...

Bingo! that what I have been saying all along...

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Kris humpries holds the key to Dwight Howard

His consent is needed in any deal and Any player who signed a free-agent deal this offseason is untradeable until March 1.

i think this goes to the deadline... which means that wont even be needed

NYsFinest
12-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Not unless Dwight only wants to sign an extension with NJ.

You get all that from your "sources"? Because he will gladly go to LA or Dallas, and the Nets gave up a good part of their chip for Memo.

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 10:07 PM
You get all that from your "sources"? Because he will gladly go to LA or Dallas, and the Nets gave up a good part of their chip for Memo.

do you have reading comprehension problems or something?

Cano-Montero...
12-22-2011, 10:09 PM

Really dont know what you mean by this... Doesn't make a whole of difference this year since I think Dwight will not be traded before the season starts and will only happen near the deadline...

Jint.
good move, best 7 foot SG in the league..!

Cano-Montero...
i think this goes to the deadline... which means that wont even be needed

I think so also...You know when is the deadline?

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Really dont know what you mean by this... Doesn't make a whole of difference this year since I think Dwight will not be traded before the season starts and will only happen near the deadline...

yea seriously :facepalm:

KnicksR4Real
12-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Good move

deaner
12-22-2011, 10:11 PM
good move, best 7 foot SG in the league..!

Bargnani's better... And cheaper.

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 10:11 PM
I think so also...You know when is the deadline?

march 15th i believe

JerseysFinest
12-22-2011, 10:12 PM

smh

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Bargnani's better... And cheaper.

cheaper?? no lol

beasted86
12-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Nets are trying to get better and prove they have turned the corner and win games... not hold out hope Orlando will "Magically" change their mind all of a sudden mid-season and trade their franchise player.

They have the cap space to sign Howard outright. Nothing will change about the trade package in the summer time once they have cap space again.

There is seriously no winning with some of these fans. If they look to add a really good player long term the fans cry "they are idiots eating into 2012 cap space". If they look to add someone short team fans cry "they are idiots eating into cap space for a trade". If they do absolutely nothing, and end up fielding a mediocre team that couldn't make the playoffs the fans cry "why would Dwight want to go to a team that couldn't even make the playoffs with Deron?"

:pity: SMH at this circus.

Gritz
12-22-2011, 10:16 PM

lol

Raph12
12-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Smart move, but pushes them further towards the cap; they can't take on Hedo unless another team gets involved somehow.

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Smart move, but pushes them further towards the cap; they can't take on Hedo unless another team gets involved somehow.

smh... some people just cant read

deaner
12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
cheaper?? no lol

So what are the numbers if you want to argue this mute point. I'm working and on a iPhone and can't get to storytellers.

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Nets are trying to get better and prove they have turned the corner and win games... not hold out hope Orlando will "Magically" change their mind all of a sudden mid-season and trade their franchise player.

They have the cap space to sign Howard outright. Nothing will change about the trade package in the summer time once they have cap space again.

There is seriously no winning with some of these fans. If they look to add a really good player long term the fans cry "they are idiots eating into 2012 cap space". If they look to add someone short team fans cry "they are idiots eating into cap space for a trade". If they do absolutely nothing, and end up fielding a mediocre team that couldn't make the playoffs the fans cry "why would Dwight want to go to a team that couldn't even make the playoffs with Deron?"

its mostly knick fans

dolfan720
12-22-2011, 10:26 PM

they dont have ak47

Cano-Montero...
12-22-2011, 10:35 PM

They can Raph with consent from Humpries

Okur 11 mil
Hump 8 mil
Lopez 3
Brooks 1 mil
JOnes 1 mil

that is almost 24 mil in salaries and D12 and Turk is at 28 mil... Still possible and that is 19 mil in expiring for both Okur and Hump..

JerseysFinest
12-22-2011, 10:37 PM

:clap: smart man

NY007
12-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Works for both teams. Utah gets rid of that contract and the nets pick up a solid center

Vinylman
12-22-2011, 10:44 PM
How is this a better move than signing someone like Hilton Armstrong for $3 million? Okur won't play 25 games this year because of his injury...

How long is lopez gonna be out anyway?

LAOwnsAll15
12-22-2011, 10:44 PM
This is a good signing, it shows that they are no longer content with losing.

This changes nothing in a possible DH to NJ movement. The Nets still have enough $$$ to sign him in the offseason if B.Lopez doesnt heal up by the trade deadline.

numba1CHANGsta
12-22-2011, 10:46 PM
The New Jersey/Brooklyn Jazz :clap:

LAOwnsAll15
12-22-2011, 10:49 PM
The New Jersey/Brooklyn Jazz :clap:

LOL didnt notice that. But that was a solid jazz team for years. Too bad the combo of AK47 weighing them down and them no match for the Lakers' size didnt let them accomplish anything

Raph12
12-22-2011, 10:49 PM
They can Raph with consent from Humpries

Okur 11 mil
Hump 8 mil
Lopez 3
Brooks 1 mil
JOnes 1 mil

that is almost 24 mil in salaries and D12 and Turk is at 28 mil... Still possible and that is 19 mil in expiring for both Okur and Hump..

Who's Jones? Do you mean Damion James?

That's if the Magic wait until the deadline; and who's to say Brook produces when he returns?... The avg return for this type of injury is 8 to 12 weeks, even if Brook returns to play after 2 months (mid-to-late Feb); who's to say he'd play at a level that could rival what Bynum can produce?

rhymeratic
12-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Mehmet Okur is DONE!!!
On April 17, 2010, Okur ruptured his Achilles' tendon during the first game of the post-season against the Denver Nuggets.

He has NEVER been the same player since. Yes it was a cheap asset to give up in a 2nd round pick. But to expect this dude to be your starting Center and give you more than 15mins a night is insane. This dude hobbles up the court worse than Allan Houston after the knee injury.

No Dwight Howard trade on the horizon.

Sorry Net fans, I was hoping yall would have a good season but seriously... minus Deron, your team is putrid and will be lucky to win 10% of your games. Might as well suit up Khloe Kardashian at Center.

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Mehmet Okur is DONE!!!
On April 17, 2010, Okur ruptured his Achilles' tendon during the first game of the post-season against the Denver Nuggets.

He has NEVER been the same player since. Yes it was a cheap asset to give up in a 2nd round pick. But to expect this dude to be your starting Center and give you more than 15mins a night is insane. This dude hobbles up the court worse than Allan Houston after the knee injury.

Sorry Net fans, I was hoping yall would have a good season but seriously... minus Deron, your team is putrid and will be lucky to win 10% of your games. Might as well suit up Khloe Kardashian at Center.

lol he came back at the end of last season.. how can you judge a player on 13 games???? you're such a hater lol

I bet if the knicks made this trade you would be saying hes the best center in the league

jkiddvc20
12-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Mehmet Okur is DONE!!!

He was playing in Turkey and averaging 14 ppg and nearly 9 RPG so **** off hater

BradHolt4CYoung
12-22-2011, 11:19 PM
I seriously hate Knicks fans.

Now that the Nets are moving to Brooklyn, have a superstar and have a good chance at getting another one whether via FA or trade, they try to hate on the Nets...gtfo.

jmoney85
12-22-2011, 11:24 PM
pick and pop with dwill + okur will probably be nice

JayStar-8
12-22-2011, 11:34 PM
I bet if the knicks made this trade you would be saying hes the best center in the league

lmfao!

310Casper
12-22-2011, 11:50 PM
What the? Thats all it took to get Okhur????

Why so cheap?

jkiddvc20
12-22-2011, 11:58 PM

Why so cheap?

Enes Kanter, Derrick Favors, Paul Millsap, and Al Jefferson

That is an extremely crowded frontcourt with not much room for Okur....

dhopisthename
12-23-2011, 12:02 AM

Why so cheap?

okur ruptured his achilles 2 years ago and hasn't even been close to the same player. he probably has something to offer as a 3pt shooter, but if you are expecting him to be a starting center he will be probably be torched

jmoney85
12-23-2011, 12:07 AM
okur ruptured his achilles 2 years ago and hasn't even been close to the same player. he probably has something to offer as a 3pt shooter, but if you are expecting him to be a starting center he will be probably be torched

doubt he'll get torched by anybody other than a top 5 offensive center... most centers in this league as useless when it comes to any type of offense

jmoney85
12-23-2011, 12:11 AM

he ruptured his achilles at the end of the 2010 season , missed almost all of 2011 except for 13 games.. and now we're in 2012... so have you been evaluating okur regularly... how are you gonna use a 13 game evaluation to determine if a player isnt what he used to be?

SkipBaylessFan
12-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Pretty good deal for the Nets. But without Lopez, this could be Humphries big chance.

deaner
12-23-2011, 12:39 AM
cheaper?? no lol

You had me curious with the lol at this post... I took the time to research it... Bargnani is 1.64 Million cheaper than Okur. You spoke with such conviction...

jmoney85
12-23-2011, 12:41 AM
You had me curious with the lol at this post... I took the time to research it... Bargnani is 1.64 Million cheaper than Okur. You spoke with such conviction...

yea but bargs is locked up till 2015 and his salary rises every year

dhopisthename
12-23-2011, 12:47 AM
doubt he'll get torched by anybody other than a top 5 offensive center... most centers in this league as useless when it comes to any type of offense

he ruptured his achilles at the end of the 2010 season , missed almost all of 2011 except for 13 games.. and now we're in 2012... so have you been evaluating okur regularly... how are you gonna use a 13 game evaluation to determine if a player isnt what he used to be?

all that I am basing this off of is the preseason games that I watched of him, but considering how slow he was before the injury and his age it would be highly unlikely that he ever really regains who he was.

deaner
12-23-2011, 12:54 AM

I can't believe I am having this conversation... are you really going to continue with this??? saying that Okur is a better 7footer SG than Bargnani because he has a shorter deal... alright... you win... tip of the hat... well played.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-23-2011, 12:56 AM

Okur got paid like $1mil a game last season.

Bargnani actually works for his money.

GodsSon
12-23-2011, 12:56 AM

****, that deal fell through? Guess I'm out of the loop lol

As for the deal, it's time for Favors and Kanter to shine

shep33
12-23-2011, 01:12 AM

Actually 11 mill for one year

TylerSL
12-23-2011, 01:13 AM
wow, STEAL

jmoney85
12-23-2011, 01:48 AM
I can't believe I am having this conversation... are you really going to continue with this??? saying that Okur is a better 7footer SG than Bargnani because he has a shorter deal... alright... you win... tip of the hat... well played.

where did i say okur was a better sg than bargs? I said he was cheaper.... learn 2 read

dodie53
12-23-2011, 02:03 AM
nice trade for the nets

DragonJaii
12-23-2011, 02:05 AM
great trade. love how billy king kept it silent.

Cano-Montero...
12-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Who's Jones? Do you mean Damion James?

That's if the Magic wait until the deadline; and who's to say Brook produces when he returns?... The avg return for this type of injury is 8 to 12 weeks, even if Brook returns to play after 2 months (mid-to-late Feb); who's to say he'd play at a level that could rival what Bynum can produce?

yup him...got confuse with another guy..lol

then good for us if that really happens...:rolleyes:

ee
12-23-2011, 02:35 AM
great trade. love how billy king kept it silent.

It happened a few hours after lopez injury.... Same thing when melo went to the knicks....

Antipod
12-23-2011, 03:01 AM
Good last minute(desperate) move.
What`s next, Boozer gets waived by the bulls and signs for vet min? :D

FriedTofuz
12-23-2011, 03:07 AM
Wow thats a salary dump. The nets are now the jazz? Deron, kirelenko and okur?

jmoney85
12-23-2011, 03:10 AM
Wow thats a salary dump. The nets are now the jazz? Deron, kirelenko and okur?

does it look like kirilenko is on the nets.... jesus christ

dsonLAL24
12-23-2011, 03:14 AM

:facepalm:

VinceCarter
12-23-2011, 03:21 AM
does it look like kirilenko is on the nets.... jesus christ

SERIOUSLY! I don't get why people think AK is on the Nets I just don't get it there was a couple hours where it might have happened then it was shot dead and has been dead since.

Punk
12-23-2011, 03:27 AM
The New Jersey Jazz featuring Deron Williams, DeShawn Stevenson, Okur, Humphries and Gaines.

iam brett favre
12-23-2011, 03:42 AM
What the ****, first D-will now okur

Better-Than-You
12-23-2011, 06:48 AM
Why didn't Stern veto this? It's not fair. Dan Gilbert, where are you???