PDA

View Full Version : Micky Arison voted against new CBA

Dade County
12-22-2011, 07:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7380869/miami-heat-owner-micky-arison-cast-protest-vote-new-cba

" Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is the only other owner who has publicly said he voted against the deal. "

Discuss...

TylerSL
12-22-2011, 07:43 PM
why would he vote no? Based on the team the Heat has, he should be the owner who wants to play the most.

bholly
12-22-2011, 07:46 PM
why would he vote no? Based on the team the Heat has, he should be the owner who wants to play the most.

And one of the ones who least want salary restrictions, revenue sharing, etc...

That lockout wasn't about whether people want to play or not.

justinnum1
12-22-2011, 07:48 PM
it was already passed when it was his turn...also, arrison would have to write rsevenus sharing checks to bigger markets like the clipper

shizzle09
12-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Completely understand his point.

Dade County
12-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Well no one ever said that revenue sharing, was the end all be all.

Every system will always have flaws.

Teeboy1487
12-23-2011, 06:42 PM
What also was revealing to me in that article is he is receiving resentment from other owners because he formed the big three. I hate those other pansy owners. They are such babies.

Dade County
12-23-2011, 06:58 PM
What also was revealing to me in that article is he is receiving resentment from other owners because he formed the big three. I hate those other pansy owners. They are such babies.

billionaires can be big *** babies too.

I mean what do the other owners what him to do... Not sign all star players :shrug:

Cal827
12-23-2011, 07:00 PM
funny

The Flash
12-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Love our owner

Arch Stanton
12-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Mickey Arison is such a great owner. He hired Pat Riley who signed the big 3. Amazing! We should build a statue of Mickey Arison in every city. And in Orlando, FL you can have a statue of Mickey Mouse next to Mickey Arison.
I love how some posters think Mickey Arison is this great owner and when he expresses concern it's only for his own self interest just like every other owner. But Mickey Mouse Arison is the greatest! #Homerismatitsfinest

Birdmannn
12-24-2011, 03:21 AM
Mickey Arison is such a great owner. He hired Pat Riley who signed the big 3. Amazing! We should build a statue of Mickey Arison in every city. And in Orlando, FL you can have a statue of Mickey Mouse next to Mickey Arison.
I love how some posters think Mickey Arison is this great owner and when he expresses concern it's only for his own self interest just like every other owner. But Mickey Mouse Arison is the greatest! #Homerismatitsfinest

Your just jealous. :p

Arch Stanton
12-24-2011, 03:44 AM
Your just jealous. :p

Extremely! I'd love a Mickey Mouse Arison and Goofy statue in front of my house.

gotoHcarolina52
12-24-2011, 04:30 AM
Mickey Arison is such a great owner.

Indeed he is!

Birdmannn
12-24-2011, 04:31 AM
Extremely! I'd love a Mickey Mouse Arison and Goofy statue in front of my house.

Well im glad we got that straightened out

Cal827
12-24-2011, 04:40 AM
It's nice when you people can actually agree on something in this forum :D :clap:

For the topic, it doesn't really surprise me. The team wants to be able to spend at a time where they are contending... the restrictions on things like the mid level exception could hurt Miami once the contracts expand. It wouldn't surprise me that the others wouldn't based on revenue sharing (E.g. New York, LA, Houston, Toronto, Chicago, etc). But when Miami falls into a down period (E.g. After the Big three get older or if Bosh/Lebron decide to go somewhere else after wards after Riley Retires), I'll bet he ends up like Gilbert, as in demanding restrictions on people, heavy taxing on the contending, more fiscally reckless teams etc. It doesn't matter whether the Owner is in the far north or the deep south, they are still greedy to some extent.

On a side note, I would love a statue of myself, everywhere. Nothing like a statue of a man on a horse with tin foil on his head, a frying pan in one hand, and a basketball in the other to make you feel like the end is near.

Arch Stanton
12-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Indeed he is!

Hash tag!