PDA

View Full Version : What teams can Dwight go to as a free agent next season?

JordansBulls
12-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Please Don't merge with the other threads as this isn't a trade scenario. Just curious on if anyone have any idea on what teams have enough money to get Dwight next year in free agency if Orlando was to just keep him the rest of this season?

If there aren't many options for Dwight to go to as a free agent, then what makes the most sense is keeping him and see what he does.

Cal827
12-22-2011, 04:36 PM
I Believe that Toronto, Boston, New Jersey, Indiana, Cleveland, New Orleans, and Minnesota all have enough to sign outright... what's the next salary cap at... 58 mill about?

MFFL==FML
12-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Dallas is probably the smartest (and not JUST because I'm a Mavs fan :P).

1.) Dallas will have enough cap space to sign Dwight Howard AND Deron Williams.

2.) Texas has no state income tax, meaning they would be making more money than they would in Brooklyn or LA..

3.) Dirk is the BEST PF to play alongside Dwight Howard. One is an extreme offensive player, able to spread the floor, the other is the best defensive big in the game today.

4.) Mark Cuban is probably one of, if not the smartest and generous owners in the NBA. Over a decade of straight playoff births. He knows how to win and will do whatever it takes to win.

I for one am hoping Orlando holds onto Dwight and just lets him walk. lol

MFFL==FML
12-22-2011, 04:38 PM
I Believe that Toronto, Boston, New Jersey, Indiana, Cleveland, New Orleans, and Minnesota all have enough to sign outright... what's the next salary cap at... 58 mill about?

Tsk tsk... you forgot Dallas. :mad:

Cal827
12-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Tsk tsk... you forgot Dallas. :mad:

Sorry. Maybe cause I don't want to fathom a team with the best PF/C combination possible lol

sep11ie
12-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Houston should have enough to flat out sign him.
They have Hill, Thabeet, Dalambert, Dragic, Flynn, and Lee's contracts all up.

ll_eric_ll
12-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Please Don't merge with the other threads as this isn't a trade scenario. Just curious on if anyone have any idea on what teams have enough money to get Dwight next year in free agency if Orlando was to just keep him the rest of this season?

If there aren't many options for Dwight to go to as a free agent, then what makes the most sense is keeping him and see what he does.

I think is going to be between Lakers and Mavs maybe the Nets if Dwill desides to resign,... Im not even going to comment about where i think he should sign, Ill be baised for the Mavs to land him,.. But, im curious to hear from non Mavs, Lakers, Nets fans,.. Where should Dwight Howard sign??

HouRealCoach
12-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Him & DWill might team up

ll_eric_ll
12-22-2011, 04:55 PM
I think is going to be between Lakers and Mavs maybe the Nets if Dwill desides to resign,... Im not even going to comment about where i think he should sign, Ill be baised for the Mavs to land him,.. But, im curious to hear from non Mavs, Lakers, Nets fans,.. Where should Dwight Howard sign??

Apologies, I also think Orlando has a shot to keep him.

lakerboy
12-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Nah. We're getting D12 before the deadline.

pebloemer
12-22-2011, 05:03 PM
I think quite a few may be able to seeing as there are 30 amnesty clauses league wide that can be used for teams to maneuver salary. As of now there is already 6-7 teams that look to be around 20 million under the cap next year.

Matrix3132
12-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Nah. We're getting D12 before the deadline.

Better hope for sooner, Bynum won't be able to stay healthy that long

thephoenixson28
Phoenix suns have enough for him and another Max contract

waveycrockett
I dont see Dwight going to Dallas. He wants to go to a big market where the lights are bright. That isn't Dallas for sure. It's either Lakers or Nets

koetravis
12-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Houston has the best supporting cast any team could have.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-22-2011, 05:13 PM
I would bet Boston or Dallas

PippensBulls
12-22-2011, 05:15 PM
All the deals that the Magic are looking at are garbage. They should just let Howard walk. If they have competitive management they will to look land a lottery pick or two and build from there.