PDA

View Full Version : Source: Rockets agree to terms with Dalembert

Celticsfan2007
12-22-2011, 10:14 AM
HOUSTON (AP)—A person with knowledge of the deal says free-agent center Samuel Dalembert has agreed to terms with the Houston Rockets.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because no announcement has been made.

ESPN.com first reported that Dalembert had reached terms with Houston, a two-year deal worth $13.7 million that included a team option for the second year.

The 2.08-meter (6-foot-11) Dalembert averaged 8.1 points and 8.2 rebounds for Sacramento last season. The Haitian-born Canadian played his first eight seasons in Philadelphia after the 76ers made him a first-round pick in 2001.

The Rockets were desperate to land a big man after the NBA denied a three-team deal that would have brought Pau Gasol from the Los Angeles Lakers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-rockets-dalembert

This article was posted last night but I did not see a thread to discuss.

sooo.... /discuss

justinnum1
12-22-2011, 10:16 AM
same amount 7mil as kwame lol

ShakeN'Bake
12-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Solid pick up.

Dade County
12-22-2011, 11:28 AM
what about my discounted :(

mightybosstone
12-22-2011, 11:33 AM
There was a Dalembert signing thread posted yesterday afternoon, but I think it got buried. Regardless, it was a good signing for Morey, as they got him for far less than the market would have indicated.

LakersIn5
12-22-2011, 11:55 AM
dalembert is houston's biggest acquisition, stern really screwed the rockets :D

mightybosstone
12-22-2011, 12:10 PM

:sigh:

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2011, 12:25 PM
I dont understand why Houston got Screwed? I think stern saved them. A little pricey for dalembert IMO not a bad signing tho

LakersIn5
12-22-2011, 12:34 PM
I dont understand why Houston got Screwed? I think stern saved them. A little pricey for dalembert IMO not a bad signing tho

here's why.

1. they could have gotten pau gasol
1.1 which could have enticed marc to sign with the rockets to play with older brother. (yes a restricted free agent but could have asked the grizzlies to not match or sign and trade him to houston)
1.2 which could have made houston a more interesting destination for nene to choose

sixer04fan
12-22-2011, 12:46 PM

But he really screwed the Lakers too, didn't he... That's where this is going... :cry:

Get over it, Stern saved the Hornets. As their owner, that was his obligation. That's what the veto is about.

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2011, 12:50 PM
here's why.

1.1 which could have enticed marc to sign with the rockets to play with older brother. (yes a restricted free agent but could have asked the grizzlies to not match or sign and trade him to houston)
1.2 which could have made houston a more interesting destination for nene to choose

1. Gasol is 32 has played a crazy amount of basketball in the last 3 years, not worth giving up all the young pieces they were giving up
2.Memphis would say Sorry No way unless we get big pieces in return there a contender this year
3. Nene got the max from denver.
4. giving up a first round pick thats going to be a lottery pick in this deep of a draft is stupid
If im a rocket fan Im shaking sterns hand

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2011, 12:50 PM
But he really screwed the Lakers too, didn't he... That's where this is going... :cry:

Get over it, Stern saved the Hornets. As their owner, that was his obligation. That's what the veto is about.

IMO saved the rockets too

mightybosstone
12-22-2011, 12:52 PM
here's why.

The Rockets did not have the cap space to get Marc AND Nene, nor would it make any sense for them to. But I do think it was their goal to pair Pau with one of them. That would have given them one of the two or three best front courts in the NBA, and they still would have talented back court players like Lowry, Lee, Budinger, etc.

Not everyone in Houston was crazy about the deal, but that's because they didn't get it. I was in love the with the deal and was already dreaming of the Western Conference Finals before Stern stomped all over my hopes and dreams.

mightybosstone
12-22-2011, 12:53 PM
IMO saved the rockets too

That's because you clearly don't get it. Gasol is a top 10-15 player and the Rockets currently don't have a top guy who could even be considered top 40, nor did they have a true C. This would have given them both, and likely help them attract a second big to give them a dominating front court.

If anything, I think the Rockets would have won that trade, but we'll never know because the league screwed us.

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2011, 12:56 PM
That's because you clearly don't get it. Gasol is a top 10-15 player and the Rockets currently don't have a top guy who could even be considered top 40, nor did they have a true C. This would have given them both, and likely help them attract a second big to give them a dominating front court.

If anything, I think the Rockets would have won that trade, but we'll never know because the league screwed us.

Everybody is entitled to there own Opinion But to me It was a bad trade. Martin is a very good player, to give up your first round pick in this deep draft is stupid. Why would your team give up your best player plus young peices and draft picks to get gasol. there is no way of telling that you would get a free agent signing. IMO without signing anybody and getting gasol would of made your team go down

LakersIn5
12-22-2011, 01:18 PM
The Rockets did not have the cap space to get Marc AND Nene, nor would it make any sense for them to. But I do think it was their goal to pair Pau with one of them. That would have given them one of the two or three best front courts in the NBA, and they still would have talented back court players like Lowry, Lee, Budinger, etc.

Not everyone in Houston was crazy about the deal, but that's because they didn't get it. I was in love the with the deal and was already dreaming of the Western Conference Finals before Stern stomped all over my hopes and dreams.

i meant either nene or marc not both. sorry for not clearing it up :D

mightybosstone
12-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Everybody is entitled to there own Opinion But to me It was a bad trade. Martin is a very good player
A very good offensive player who is at best a No. 2 and one of the worst defensive wings in basketball. I love the guy, but he only has one skill: scoring.

to give up your first round pick in this deep draft is stupid.
Except it was the Knicks first round pick, and since you're a Knicks fan, likely with delusions of grandeur, you probably think they're a top 5-10 team, meaning that pick won't be that valuable.

Why would your team give up your best player plus young peices and draft picks to get gasol.
What young pieces? Dragic's contract is up after this season and they have two decent backup PGs behind him (Flynn, Lin) to replace him if he had been traded. Also, I consider Lowry the Rockets best player right now, not Martin.

there is no way of telling that you would get a free agent signing. IMO without signing anybody and getting gasol would of made your team go down
It's not a coincidence that Nene's interest in Houston dwindled after that trade. Also, the deal would have freed up enough cap space to give Nene essentially the same money he got in Denver. Would you rather sign a deal to stay in Denver or sign a deal to play next to one of the three best big men in the NBA?

LakersIn5
12-22-2011, 01:36 PM
A very good offensive player who is at best a No. 2 and one of the worst defensive wings in basketball. I love the guy, but he only has one skill: scoring.

Except it was the Knicks first round pick, and since you're a Knicks fan, likely with delusions of grandeur, you probably think they're a top 5-10 team, meaning that pick won't be that valuable.

What young pieces? Dragic's contract is up after this season and they have two decent backup PGs behind him (Flynn, Lin) to replace him if he had been traded. Also, I consider Lowry the Rockets best player right now, not Martin.

It's not a coincidence that Nene's interest in Houston dwindled after that trade. Also, the deal would have freed up enough cap space to give Nene essentially the same money he got in Denver. Would you rather sign a deal to stay in Denver or sign a deal to play next to one of the three best big men in the NBA?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: