PDA

View Full Version : Is KG's act getting old..taunting in pre seson games

spreadeagle
12-22-2011, 05:17 AM
Video> http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/12/19/omg-kevin-garnett-is-taunting-again/?sct=nba_bf2_a7

Kevin Garnett is getting old now, but he’s still Kevin Garnett, which means he’s doing ridiculous things like this in preseason games:

Honestly, I couldn’t do a better impression of Garnett’s cartoonish trash-talking if I tried. Yes, this is stupid and probably unsportsmanlike, and it’s doubly and triply crazy because it happened in a preseason game and at the expense of yet another Raptor. Garnett once pulled the same clapping-an-inch-from-your-face-and-screaming thing at a startled Jose Calderon, and he got on all fours and barked like a dog at current Raptor Jerryd Bayless when Bayless was still in Portland.

The list goes on and on. I recounted a dozen or so of Garnett’s nuttiest incidents early last season, after Detroit’s Charlie Villanueva (a former Raptor!) claimed Garnett called him a “cancer patient” in a particularly nasty bit of trash talk. He even refused during a visit to Indianapolis in the summer of 2009 to meet with Pacers’ rookies Tyler Hansbrough and A.J. Price, telling a Pacers employee, “[Expletive] your rookies,” according to the Boston Globe.

I’ve had maybe two conversations with Garnett, so I don’t know him at all, and he certainly has no idea who I am. If you follow me on Twitter, you know Garnett’s face serves as my avatar, and that’s in part because he is one of my all-time favorite players, based simply on his on-court contributions. I have never seen a better defensively player in my lifetime, and I learned a lot about how team defense can work by watching Garnett. He plays with unusual intensity, and it seems clear now he has to go to some scary places — some borderline inhuman places — to fuel that intensity. Poor Andrea Bargnani is the latest victim, and he didn’t seem all that upset about it.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-22-2011, 05:26 AM
KG is a douche. Nothing new about that. He's stepped it up even since he won a ring. Guess the ego is getting to his head.

But to others, it's his intensity. :rolleyes:

SenileStern
12-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Imagine you would have to hang around with this clown every day. No surprise that no good FA signs with the Celtics.

CavsYanksDuke
12-22-2011, 05:39 AM
To answer the title question, yes. He's a complete meathead. He knows the game and can play it well, but just comes off like a jerk.

naps
12-22-2011, 06:02 AM
Garnett has always been like that. Pretty sure things like this from Garnett don't surprise me. He's the true second coming of Dennis Rodman.

CavsYanksDuke
12-22-2011, 06:28 AM
^ Lmao! I couldn't help but picture KG in a wedding dress, sue me!

I think that within his personal life, KG is a semi-reasonable jerk. As in, he's not going to do something insane, but he may not treat some people, and fans, with the respect that they deserve. Telling kids "You've got a better chance of catching Bin Laden than getting an autograph from me," may seem funny to him, but it's devastating to youth to have your favorite athlete treat you like ****.

KG isn't going make as many headlines as Rodman did, but he wishes he could when he's on the court. Something happens to that man when he puts on a jersey and steps out in front of people. Insecurity, anger, whatever the reason, the man goes from an unreasonable person to a unsportsmanlike imbecile.

Again, the man can play, but sports are not always about wins and losses.

Birdmannn
12-22-2011, 06:32 AM
He is a competitor in every aspect.
He strives when his opponent is rattled or not on their game
It may seem childish and silly but maybe thats what he needed to get himself going.
Got to admit its at least a bit amusing.

stawka
12-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Who gives a ****? He's not a rapist, not a mass-murderer, not a drug dealer... He's a hard-*** on the basketball court. He does it to get into the opponents heads... AND GUESS WHAT -- it works!

(not a celtics fan either)

CELTICS4LYFE
Its just getting into people heads. Trash talking is everywhere in sports from the nba to the park down your street and even the headset when you play 2k.....and it works on the other 2 levels for me n seems to be working for him the last 15 years in the NBA just fine....the WEAK are gunna hate tho

magichatnumber9
How about that fuggly *** thug demar derozan walking over Avery Bradley. That's real taunting.

spreadeagle
12-22-2011, 06:52 AM
How about that fuggly *** thug demar derozan walking over Avery Bradley. That's real taunting.

Thug????? lol hes a pretty melo guy

MOST
12-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Who gives a ****? He's not a rapist, not a mass-murderer, not a drug dealer... He's a hard-*** on the basketball court. He does it to get into the opponents heads... AND GUESS WHAT -- it works!

This

spreadeagle
12-22-2011, 07:26 AM

I think it a tech but for some reason he seems to be the one player in the NBA that is allowed to do stuff like this..im not calling for him to be beheaded or anything lol

Broadwayjoe NY
12-22-2011, 07:33 AM
I find it a bit embarrassing and over the top, but he gets it done so it is what it is. The only thing that bothers me is that he's yet to pull this off on someone with a pair of balls. I'd have less of a problem if he tried it on someone like Kurt Thomas.

magichatnumber9
12-22-2011, 07:50 AM
I find it a bit embarrassing and over the top, but he gets it done so it is what it is. The only thing that bothers me is that he's yet to pull this off on someone with a pair of balls. I'd have less of a problem if he tried it on someone like Kurt Thomas.I think KG does this to European players because they are all aloof and have there own little clique. Other then that he only does it to players he doesn't respect like Andre Blatche. But seriously Kurt Thomas, he's a boss in the league, very respected.

spreadeagle
12-22-2011, 07:51 AM
I find it a bit embarrassing and over the top, but he gets it done so it is what it is. The only thing that bothers me is that he's yet to pull this off on someone with a pair of balls. I'd have less of a problem if he tried it on someone like Kurt Thomas.

or Perk :D

CavsYanksDuke
12-22-2011, 08:37 AM
^ I completely agree. Let KG do his little dances in front of LeBron, see how quick it takes him to regret that decision. Javalle McGee and KG should team up so they can both stare down their opponents and then lose in the playoffs.

On a serious note, is it racial? You guys bring up the Euro players, but I've seen him pull these tactics around white players before.

ShakeN'Bake
12-22-2011, 08:47 AM
^ Lmao! I couldn't help but picture KG in a wedding dress, sue me!

I think that within his personal life, KG is a semi-reasonable jerk. As in, he's not going to do something insane, but he may not treat some people, and fans, with the respect that they deserve. Telling kids "You've got a better chance of catching Bin Laden than getting an autograph from me," may seem funny to him, but it's devastating to youth to have your favorite athlete treat you like ****.

KG isn't going make as many headlines as Rodman did, but he wishes he could when he's on the court. Something happens to that man when he puts on a jersey and steps out in front of people. Insecurity, anger, whatever the reason, the man goes from an unreasonable person to a unsportsmanlike imbecile.

Again, the man can play, but sports are not always about wins and losses.

Maybe in youth leagues and high school. Professional sports are all about money, winning and money.

Chi StateOfMind
12-22-2011, 08:58 AM
KG is just old. Everybody talks ish, he just is one person who people tend to watch him personally.

LanceUpperCut
12-22-2011, 09:08 AM
It's preseason against the Raptors. I know the Celtic fans are going to stick up for him but really it's just embarrassing now. When you don't even phase Bargnani you have to realize you just don't have it anymore.

--23--
12-22-2011, 09:19 AM
:facepalm: as a fan of the 80's & 90's era...There is absolutly nothing wrong with the taunting or trash talking this is basketball right? a competitive sport?...hell i wish more players do it.

taunting & trash talking >>>>>>>>>>>>>> flopping

TrevorE
12-22-2011, 09:20 AM
The best was when Matt Bonner knocked KG on his *** and then got right in his face! Loved it, neither backed down but it was great to see someone give it to this guy.

TrevorE
12-22-2011, 09:22 AM
I also remember KG running away (in a sense) from Antonio McDyess after a confrintation. This guys all Bark. Love to see him do something like that back in the day to oakley...that **** just wouldnt happen

bagwell368
12-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Imagine you would have to hang around with this clown every day. No surprise that no good FA signs with the Celtics.

Since KG has been in Boston the Celts have had no money for a good FA. Nice post. :facepalm:

bagwell368
12-22-2011, 09:28 AM
:facepalm: as a fan of the 80's & 90's era...There is absolutly nothing wrong with the taunting or trash talking this is basketball right? a competitive sport?...hell i wish more players do it.

taunting & trash talking >>>>>>>>>>>>>> flopping

x2 for sure. Bird was a major trash talker - so?

KG is obviously a guy that plays best amped up. As this is almost for sure his last year, enjoy watching one of the 15 best players of all time and forget the trash talk if you don't like it.

goshhhjosh
12-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Nice. This has to be the 15th or so thread in the past year, "Is KG's Act Getting Old," "KG Picking on Old Lady Trying to Cross the Road," "KG Taunting Orphans Because They Don't Know Their Parents." Blah blah blah.

He's always been an intense guy and will continue to be. Yes he slaps the floor, yes he headbutts the Goal Posts, yes he swears a lot, yes he barks a lot, etc.

However, the only way to shut him up is to just beat him - something the Raptors (9 times out of 10 these threads are started by Raps fans) have had trouble doing.

And knock it off with the whole, "I'd like to see him fight so-and-so." That's just what the NBA needs...something else to add to the belief that the NBA is a bunch of thugs.

Get a grip.

TrevorE
12-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Nice. This has to be the 15th or so thread in the past year, "Is KG's Act Getting Old," "KG Picking on Old Lady Trying to Cross the Road," "KG Taunting Orphans Because They Don't Know Their Parents." Blah blah blah.

He's always been an intense guy and will continue to be. Yes he slaps the floor, yes he headbutts the Goal Posts, yes he swears a lot, yes he barks a lot, etc.

However, the only way to shut him up is to just beat him - something the Raptors (9 times out of 10 these threads are started by Raps fans) have had trouble doing.

And knock it off with the whole, "I'd like to see him fight so-and-so." That's just what the NBA needs...something else to add to the belief that the NBA is a bunch of thugs.

Get a grip.

Comprehension problem? No one said anything about fighting..."Get a grip" ? Get off your horse before you start posting.

ShakeN'Bake
12-22-2011, 09:41 AM

Get a grip.

:laugh2:

When he retires he should do a bunch of youtube videos of him harassing random people.

corky831
12-22-2011, 09:50 AM
love KG...and you would too if he played for your favorite team

goshhhjosh
12-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Comprehension problem? No one said anything about fighting..."Get a grip" ? Get off your horse before you start posting.

In threads past there have been mentions of (insert players name here) fighting KG. In this thread it was a more subtle, "I'd like to see him try that with Kurt Thomas."

As far as comprehension goes, the saying is actually, "Why don't you get off of your high horse."

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/get-off-your-high-horse.html

G'day sir.

Kinkotheclown
12-22-2011, 09:52 AM
If someone shuts him down and or puts him on his *** with a couple hard fouls he might shut up. But no one has, so he can talk all he wants until someone stops him.
That's owing from a knicks fan

NickyNick
12-22-2011, 09:53 AM
its not getting as old as these threads are

P Styles
12-22-2011, 10:03 AM
I'd love to see him try his act on Kenyon Martin.

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 10:04 AM
I got a good story for you all. Back in 2007, I was in the toronto Hilton on vacation with my girlfriend. It happened to be the same weekend the Celtics were in town for a raptors game. They were on the same floor as me in the hotel. I was leaving my room with my girlfriend and I saw KG Pierce and Sam Cassell walking behind us. I stopped to say hello and did my usual knicks conversation.

Im a huge Knicks fan but it was nice meeting you 3. Maybe when we dont suck we can knock you guys out of the playoffs lol. Pierce laughed Cassell was cracking up but Garnett got in my face.

I told him i was just kidding around and pierce told him to relax but he thought the logical thing to do is to push me into a closed door for saying something like that. He got me upset that he would do that so i pushed him back and then security got into it.

I almost got kicked out of the hotel I was supposed to stay in for a week because of the incident but after they reviewed the tape they say he attacked me first so they just let it slide. Guess thats what happens when you are a superstar.

Its not just an act in the game. Hes like that in public. Hes not an advocate for the NBA by any means, and he doesnt deserve half of the respect he gets around the league. I for one enjoy watching the Celtics get torched in the playoffs just to see the misery on that idiots face.

sventhedog
12-22-2011, 10:11 AM
no surprise. if it's artest, it's trashtalking. if it's KG, the funny thing is that the media fooled a lot of you by referring to it as "intensity." lol. what a joke.

Celticsfan2007
12-22-2011, 10:21 AM
KG is the GOAT at PF and trash talking #realtalk

TrevorE
12-22-2011, 10:22 AM
In threads past there have been mentions of (insert players name here) fighting KG. In this thread it was a more subtle, "I'd like to see him try that with Kurt Thomas."

As far as comprehension goes, the saying is actually, "Why don't you get off of your high horse."

G'day sir.

You clearly got the jist of what I was saying...I was going to come back with a real snarky remark but it's the holidays...so instead Merry Christmas.

ShakeN'Bake
12-22-2011, 10:23 AM
I got a good story for you all. Back in 2007, I was in the toronto Hilton on vacation with my girlfriend. It happened to be the same weekend the Celtics were in town for a raptors game. They were on the same floor as me in the hotel. I was leaving my room with my girlfriend and I saw KG Pierce and Sam Cassell walking behind us. I stopped to say hello and did my usual knicks conversation.

Im a huge Knicks fan but it was nice meeting you 3. Maybe when we dont suck we can knock you guys out of the playoffs lol. Pierce laughed Cassell was cracking up but Garnett got in my face.

I told him i was just kidding around and pierce told him to relax but he thought the logical thing to do is to push me into a closed door for saying something like that. He got me upset that he would do that so i pushed him back and then security got into it.

I almost got kicked out of the hotel I was supposed to stay in for a week because of the incident but after they reviewed the tape they say he attacked me first so they just let it slide. Guess thats what happens when you are a superstar.

Its not just an act in the game. Hes like that in public. Hes not an advocate for the NBA by any means, and he doesnt deserve half of the respect he gets around the league. I for one enjoy watching the Celtics get torched in the playoffs just to see the misery on that idiots face.

Why didn't you just sue him? Honestly if some player pushed me around for something like that I would.

Broadwayjoe NY
12-22-2011, 10:25 AM
I think KG does this to European players because they are all aloof and have there own little clique. Other then that he only does it to players he doesn't respect like Andre Blatche. But seriously Kurt Thomas, he's a boss in the league, very respected.

Oh no doubt Kurt is very respected, my main objection is that he doesn't do it to someone that would really get right back in his face such as Kurt Thomas or a Charles Oakley back in the day. If that's what he needs to get amped up that by all means he should keep as it has without a doubt worked for him, he's a first-ballot HOFer. And no offense to those who like it, it's just not for me. I prefer the old school play of guys lie Oakley, Anthony Mason or Laimbeer who would knock you on your ***, but wouldn't be clowning around on all fours like a dog. I have no problem with dirty and tough, but to me KG just is hurting his stellar legacy by doing so.

x2 for sure. Bird was a major trash talker - so?

KG is obviously a guy that plays best amped up. As this is almost for sure his last year, enjoy watching one of the 15 best players of all time and forget the trash talk if you don't like it.

I love players talking ish, that's one of the best parts of competitive basketball. Jordan, probably the best known for it, would do it all the time, as would Bird, Barkley, Irving etc etc. the list could go on for ever as almost every superstar player talked trash. But can you honestly say that you could see Michael Jordan, Magic or Bird getting down on all fours and barking like a dog in front of a relative no-name player?? Hell no. MJ or Bird would tell you "I'm gonna make this shot in your face and there's nothing you can do about it," and than proceed to do just that. I love KG's game, he's one of the best players to play the game, I just think the more clownish stuff he does detracts from his HOF career. Like I said, I have no problem with trash-talking, it's looking like a caricature that bugs me. But like I said, if that's what gets him stoked for games, than keep doing it.

I guess my main gripe nowadays is everyone is so friendly with one-another and there aren't those enforcers in the league anymore. There's no Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley or a Maurice Lucas who literally told opponents before the game that he was going to hurt them, just so they could prepare for the punishment.

I distinctly remember Elton Brand talking about when he first got in the league how Oakley, Mason and Mourning had the no layup rules and would just beat him up. That's what I miss, none of this "don't let our star players get banged up" nonsense. It's why Iverson was one of my favorites, he used to take an absolute ***-whooping night in and night out, which ultimately took a few years off his career. My rant is over, I guess I just miss some of the old badass players of the 90s and before.

miller74
12-22-2011, 10:27 AM
This guy is a potential HOF and has won before, and he chirps the Raptors in the preseason? the Raptors??? act like you've been there before

LanceUpperCut
12-22-2011, 10:28 AM
I love trash talking when the time is right other wise it's pathetic and sad and a preseason game against the Raptors sorry that's just being a douche bag.

It's like the guy who celebrates after and sick dunk in crunch time is fine but a guy who celebrates after a lay-up being up by 20 in a preseason game not fine.

ShakeN'Bake
12-22-2011, 10:29 AM
I guess my main gripe nowadays is everyone is so friendly with one-another and there aren't those enforcers in the league anymore. There's no Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley or a Maurice Lucas who literally told opponents before the game that he was going to hurt them, just so they could prepare for the punishment.

I distinctly remember Elton Brand talking about when he first got in the league how Oakley, Mason and Mourning had the no layup rules and would just beat him up. That's what I miss, none of this "don't let our star players get banged up" nonsense. It's why Iverson was one of my favorites, he used to take an absolute ***-whooping night in and night out, which ultimately took a few years off his career. My rant is over, I guess I just miss some of the old badass players of the 90s and before.

Same here. I think most people miss it.

theheatles
12-22-2011, 10:31 AM
KG only does this **** to rookies and Euros

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa6rgPte4S8

Celticsfan2007
12-22-2011, 10:37 AM

You gotta earn respect in the league. KG is old school about that, and when he's gone I fear this whole concept may be gone forever.

Long live KG!!!

bbcmillionaire
12-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Lmao I love that crazy bastards antics. I remember when we(the bulls) were playing the celtics in the playoffs and he was taunting more than anyone else....and he was hurt on the bench lol, hes a crazy fella

Broadwayjoe NY
12-22-2011, 10:41 AM

G'day sir.

I wasn't being sly or evasive about anything, if I meant I would like to see him fight Kurt Thomas than I would have said "I would like to see him fight Kurt Thomas." My statement that he doesn't do this to the "old-school enforcer" types has zero to do with getting in a fight and perpetuating the belief that the NBA is full of thugs. There's quite the difference between getting into a fight and getting a hard elbow to the chest/nose or getting knocked on your *** when going up for a dunk. That's how the NBA used to police antics like this, instead of catering to the fans and superstars and making everything high-scoring.

I love KG's game as he plays with intensity and plays defense like the Oakleys and Mason's of the 90s, but I just think the getting down on all fours and barking is a bit embarrassing for a player of his caliber. And you're right, until someone does anything about it he can keep doing it, but the problem with that is he really doesn't do it to anyone capable of giving it right back. That's what I would like to see.

--23--
12-22-2011, 10:42 AM

:facepalm: false

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2cwtL5tNTc

KG been doing this same taunts since his T-wolves days, it's amazing how many ppl don't remember this.

goshhhjosh
12-22-2011, 10:44 AM
You clearly got the jist of what I was saying...I was going to come back with a real snarky remark but it's the holidays...so instead Merry Christmas.

Just a difference of opinion.

Merry Christmas to you too.

:cheers: <---Egg Nog

theheatles
12-22-2011, 10:45 AM

KG been doing this same taunts since his T-wolves days, it's amazing how many ppl don't remember this.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ay dumbass...if you would listen to the whole clip noah says kg does this to rookies and euros

kg looked away from amare with no eye contact, cuz he's soft...he would scream in rookies and euros faces

Broadwayjoe NY
12-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Lmao I love that crazy bastards antics. I remember when we(the bulls) were playing the celtics in the playoffs and he was taunting more than anyone else....and he was hurt on the bench lol, hes a crazy fella

You gotta earn respect in the league. KG is old school about that, and when he's gone I fear this whole concept may be gone forever.

Long live KG!!!

I love his intensity, I wish more of the league had it. I love how he hates the other team when he steps on the court and probably off of it too, that's how it's supposed to be. None of this AAU buddy buddy ********, you're there to win and the other team is keeping you from doing that, which is why you should hate them.

I used to love watching MJ talk throughout the entire game, especially at the foul-line, to whoemever he was playing just to get in their head. He knew there was nothing anyone could do to stop him and he liked to tell people that...absolutely loved watching him do that to Kobe when he was a rookie. That's how it's supposed to be, you're suppose to earn you stripes and not come into the league and think you're a superstar. If young guys like Lebron, Melo, Durant etc. came into the league they would have been forced to earn it from those guys like Oakley and Mason...no free layups, no matter who you are.

My only problem is with the getting down on all fours and barking and acting more clownish than intense. I love him banging his head on the post, screaming, beating his chest etc. I just think the dog thing is a bit too cartoonish.

goshhhjosh
12-22-2011, 10:51 AM
I wasn't being sly or evasive about anything, if I meant I would like to see him fight Kurt Thomas than I would have said "I would like to see him fight Kurt Thomas." My statement that he doesn't do this to the "old-school enforcer" types has zero to do with getting in a fight and perpetuating the belief that the NBA is full of thugs. There's quite the difference between getting into a fight and getting a hard elbow to the chest/nose or getting knocked on your *** when going up for a dunk. That's how the NBA used to police antics like this, instead of catering to the fans and superstars and making everything high-scoring.

I love KG's game as he plays with intensity and plays defense like the Oakleys and Mason's of the 90s, but I just think the getting down on all fours and barking is a bit embarrassing for a player of his caliber. And you're right, until someone does anything about it he can keep doing it, but the problem with that is he really doesn't do it to anyone capable of giving it right back. That's what I would like to see.

I wasn't picking on you my man. I was just stating that in threads past there always tends to be those who say he should fight a certain player or try that on a certain player.

I'm a KG fan, admittedly I haven't watched him his whole career and I'm sure over the years he's become more of a trash talker. I'm sure we can agree that there is nothing wrong with trash talking - some of the GOAT's have been the best trash talkers. It is sports entertainment - it is entertaining to watch people jaw at one another. It's like a game-within-a-game.

We can agree, that the best way to stop a trash talker in the NBA is to win. I have no problems with a hard foul and believe that it's a good way to say, "Hey, we aren't going to back down." I just have a problem (not saying it was you or anyone in this thread) with people who come up with random bouts that they'd like to see on a fight card.

Happy Holidays.

--23--
12-22-2011, 10:52 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ay dumbass...if you would listen to the whole clip noah says kg does this to rookies and euros

kg looked away from amare with no eye contact, cuz he's soft...he would scream in rookies and euros faces

dumbass im replying that it's false I know Noah said it smh, Like it said KG been doing the same ******* for years nothing changed.

when KG was on a losing T-Wolves taunting ppl it's called heart and intensity, But on a winning Celtics is called cocky & a punk move.

ShakeN'Bake
12-22-2011, 10:55 AM

The word bubbles in this video were excellent haha.

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Why didn't you just sue him? Honestly if some player pushed me around for something like that I would.

I wanted too but my dad talked me out of it.

SeoulBeatz
12-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Used to love KG, but ever since he went to Boston I've been hoping for him to quit.

theheatles
12-22-2011, 11:01 AM
dumbass im replying that it's false I know Noah said it smh, Like it said KG been doing the same ******* for years nothing changed.

when KG was on a losing T-Wolves taunting ppl it's called heart and intensity, But on a winning Celtics is called cocky & a punk move.

:bang: lol you don't get it, your wrong, theres no way around it...he would always be a punk goaltending on shots after the whistle and try to be an intimidating bully but he would be over the top with rookies and euros screaming in their faces and staring em down (he doesn't pull that **** vs established vets and stars...your only clip proves me to be correct as he never even looks in amares direction)...so by you saying it's false is you being wrong :facepalm:

magichatnumber9
12-22-2011, 11:04 AM
I wanted too but my dad talked me out of it.I'm not saying your lying but if Police weren't involved it didn't happen. I'm a C's fan but if one of them touches me forget it the cops are getting involved. There trained athletes who are stronger then the average person, they shouldn't be putting there hands on anyone. I'm sorry that happened to you

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm not saying your lying but if Police weren't involved it didn't happen. I'm a C's fan but if one of them touches me forget it the cops are getting involved. There trained athletes who are stronger then the average person, they shouldn't be putting there hands on anyone. I'm sorry that happened to you

I called my dad and he said i was in a different country. He didnt know their rules. He said I pushed him back so it wasnt like i was a victim and that i should just let it go. I agreed with him but Garnett is still a scum bag.

Rivera
12-22-2011, 11:07 AM
These threads about KG is getting old...who cares! If a player cant handle smack talk and mind games then he needs to GTFO ..... psd needs to get over KG

TragicallyHip
12-22-2011, 11:18 AM

Probably because it's a lie.

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 11:22 AM

Your free to believe what you want. I wanted to share my experience with kg the scum bag so that you can all see its not just on the court. Hes a dick off the court as many other posters have also pointed out.

Its cool if your a fan. I expect the blinders from C fans.

piaband
12-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Yes, I stopped on the celtics game for a second last night and I was thinking of how much I use to like KG when he was on the timberwolves. And how much I genuinely dislike him now.

He's a completely different person, the success has gone this head. I hope they consider things like this when they vote for hall of fame, I don't think he deserves it.

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes, I stopped on the celtics game for a second last night and I was thinking of how much I use to like KG when he was on the timberwolves. And how much I genuinely dislike him now.

He's a completely different person, the success has gone this head. I hope they consider things like this when they vote for hall of fame, I don't think he deserves it.

Funny thing is he acts like hes won 5 championships. Hes only won 1. Hes a joke.

CrasH-X
12-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Respect the hell out of the dude, and any athlete that works hard at their game .. BUT KG may be my least favorite player, ever, and has been for a very long time .. He just needs to chill the F out like 95% of the time .
He's also the favorite player of 2 of my best friends, while I'm a Kobe guy, so I have even more reason to hate him .

PS: If he did end up in PHX instead of Boston 4 years ago, I admit I may have changed my tune ..

Broadwayjoe NY
12-22-2011, 11:36 AM
I wasn't picking on you my man. I was just stating that in threads past there always tends to be those who say he should fight a certain player or try that on a certain player.

I'm a KG fan, admittedly I haven't watched him his whole career and I'm sure over the years he's become more of a trash talker. I'm sure we can agree that there is nothing wrong with trash talking - some of the GOAT's have been the best trash talkers. It is sports entertainment - it is entertaining to watch people jaw at one another. It's like a game-within-a-game.

We can agree, that the best way to stop a trash talker in the NBA is to win. I have no problems with a hard foul and believe that it's a good way to say, "Hey, we aren't going to back down." I just have a problem (not saying it was you or anyone in this thread) with people who come up with random bouts that they'd like to see on a fight card.

Happy Holidays.

Happy holidays to you brotha. Oh I absolutely love trash-talking, that was one of my favorite things about MJ as the man always wanted to win, no matter what. You'd catch the man talking trash while in a charity golf event, that's how much he hated losing. My only thing was I just don't particularly care for KGacting more cartoonish with the getting on all fours thing, the rest of his intensity I love, but to each their own.

The best is when you get two guys talking trash to one another and answering shot for shot, that's the best. My favorite of all time was when he was at the line and talking to Motumbo and said he'd shoot it with his eyes close, made it and than walked away. It's at about 2:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjH4MCFjysw&feature=related#t=1m46s

spreadeagle
12-22-2011, 11:40 AM

How the **** you gunna sue someone over a little push..Americans are the most litigious people on earth hands down

spreadeagle
12-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Happy holidays to you brotha. Oh I absolutely love trash-talking, that was one of my favorite things about MJ as the man always wanted to win, no matter what. You'd catch the man talking trash while in a charity golf event, that's how much he hated losing. My only thing was I just don't particularly care for KGacting more cartoonish with the getting on all fours thing, the rest of his intensity I love, but to each their own.

The best is when you get two guys talking trash to one another and answering shot for shot, that's the best. My favorite of all time was when he was at the line and talking to Motumbo and said he'd shoot it with his eyes close, made it and than walked away. It's at about 2:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjH4MCFjysw&feature=related#t=1m46s

I forget who it was but when asked who was the worst trash talker someone said Turkoglu..cause its half English half Turkish half jibberish lol

sep11ie
12-22-2011, 11:43 AM
He sure does pick and choose who he talks **** to. He's a ***** and I'd say it to his face.

Htownballa1622
12-22-2011, 11:52 AM
He sure does pick and choose who he talks **** to. He's a ***** and I'd say it to his face.

+1

I remember when he tried puling that ish on chuck Hayes... Kg quickly backed off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL8JIVrWUEA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 11:53 AM
How the **** you gunna sue someone over a little push..Americans are the most litigious people on earth hands down

I didnt sue him.

La11
12-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Can 't find the Video but anybody remember this?
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/6720828/

Don't messed with our RED ROCKET!!:D

Corey
12-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Funny thing is he acts like hes won 5 championships. Hes only won 1. Hes a joke.

Says the kid posting on an internet sports forum.

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Says the kid posting on an internet sports forum.

I hope I didnt upset you. Your Boyfriend Garnett is still a joke. You post on these forums too. Are you calling yourself a joke aswell?

Hustla23
12-22-2011, 12:40 PM
He plays with unusual intensity, and it seems clear now he has to go to some scary places some borderline inhuman places to fuel that intensity

That is freaking hilarious. :laugh2:

Sadds The Gr8
12-22-2011, 12:48 PM
what act? he's done it his whole career. trash talking is apart of the game wtf do u guys want players to do? shake hands, make out, and slap each other on the ***** everytime players score on each other? soft *** sports mentality nowdays is getting to the fans, and this thread clearly shows it.

Corey
12-22-2011, 12:51 PM
I hope I didnt upset you. Your Boyfriend Garnett is still a joke. You post on these forums too. Are you calling yourself a joke aswell?

Nope.

I think it's funny that someone posting on an online forum has the gall to call a professional athlete a joke when they've likely accomplished more than you ever will :shrug:

That's all.

Oh, thanks for the psuedo-gay insult there. That was clever.

Corey
12-22-2011, 12:53 PM
what act? he's done it his whole career. trash talking is apart of the game wtf do u guys want players to do? shake hands, make out, and slap each other on the ***** everytime players score on each other? soft *** sports mentality nowdays is getting to the fans, and this thread clearly shows it.

Seconded.

I think it's funny that people think Garnett suddenly started acting like this after he won a title, too. Garnett has been a jerk his whole career, and it's part of the reason he's been a successful player.

People are soft.

BKLYNpigeon
12-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Hes just mad because no one wants to play with with the aging Celtics.

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 01:04 PM
And to Saddlers comment. Trashtalk has always been apart of the NBA, but that doesnt excuse you to be a complete idiot in the court. Theres always a line and Garnett's game apparently means he must be 400 feet over the line to be effective.

You tell kids who ask for your autograph you have a better chance at finding Osama Bin Laden??? lol Give me a break.

The guy is a classless piece of crap who got fortunate he was given the talents and size to play in the NBA.

His career shows how much of an ******* he really is. Enough Said. The people defending him blindly are celtics fans and it shows by this thread. Right Corey?

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Corey feel free to follow your own rules. Your a fake Mod. You started the baiting with your very first post in here. Why dont you take your own advice Harry Potter. You delusional twit.

Corey
12-22-2011, 01:06 PM
And to Saddlers comment. Trashtalk has always been apart of the NBA, but that doesnt excuse you to be a complete idiot in the court. Theres always a line and Garnett's game apparently means he must be 400 feet over the line to be effective.

You tell kids who ask for your autograph you have a better chance at finding Osama Bin Laden??? lol Give me a break.

The guy is a classless piece of crap who got fortunate he was given the talents and size to play in the NBA.

His career shows how much of an ******* he really is. Enough Said. The people defending him blindly are celtics fans and it shows by this thread. Right Corey?

Why are you taking Garnett's actions so personally?

You seem awfully agressive about something that has absolutely no effect on your life.

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Why are you taking Garnett's actions so personally?

You seem awfully agressive about something that has absolutely no effect on your life.

I have had a personal encounter with this idiot. SO i can take it as personal as I would like. Why dont you read up on the whole thread. I posted my experience with this *******.

Corey
12-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Because the NBA forum is generally filled with useless baiting posts. It's usually not beneficial to read through an entire thread.

I dont think you can deny that. :laugh2:

Without looking back and reading about your exact encounter...I'm sorry that you had a poor experience with KG, but I dont think it's fair for you to insult me just because I like him as a player. Me liking him as a player has nothing to do with how I act or who I am, so I dont get how you can draw any conclusions about me :shrug:

Fair?

omdigga
12-22-2011, 01:15 PM
i like Garnett.. and his trash talking.. if there were no bad guys the league would be less fun to watch..

Marlin234
12-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Listen KG Is nothing more than a bully and goes for weaker people in the league when he pulls little stunts like this. But as I read people comments one thought came
In to mind: regular season game last year vs the HEAT. KG dropped mike Miller on a dirty pick and dwade saw it and bumped hard into KG. Where was KG's intensity after that? NO WHERE he was letting himself be held back by the ref and for the most part didn't utter one word. For a guy who is full of intensity,anger, adrenaline and not do
Nothing? One thing stands out he's a little ***** and a bully

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Because the NBA forum is generally filled with useless baiting posts. It's usually not beneficial to read through an entire thread.

I dont think you can deny that. :laugh2:

Without looking back and reading about your exact encounter...I'm sorry that you had a poor experience with KG, but I dont think it's fair for you to insult me just because I like him as a player. Me liking him as a player has nothing to do with how I act or who I am, so I dont get how you can draw any conclusions about me :shrug:

Fair?

I normally dont get involved with the baiting but you called me out first. If you dont want people drawing any opinions about you then you shouldnt be calling out posters in the thread. Your a mod. Your supposed to be the last person who baits on this forum and you opened it up with the first bait comment in the whole thread. You tried to personally attack me and when it was done to you you cleared my comment and told me to not get personal. Seems real hypocritical doesnt it?

smith&wesson
12-22-2011, 01:21 PM
kg is a ***** if i ever seen one. the guy goes after players who arent known for being tough guys .. but when someone smacks him back in the head or punches him square in the mouth he doesnt do **** lol :laugh@:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFsXfnMxao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtmGB3FgB1c

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Listen KG Is nothing more than a bully and goes for weaker people in the league when he pulls little stunts like this. But as I read people comments one thought came
In to mind: regular season game last year vs the HEAT. KG dropped mike Miller on a dirty pick and dwade saw it and bumped hard into KG. Where was KG's intensity after that? NO WHERE he was letting himself be held back by the ref and for the most part didn't utter one word. For a guy who is full of intensity,anger, adrenaline and not do
Nothing? One thing stands out he's a little ***** and a bully

I remember that as well. His act is getting old and this year your going to see more of it because of their frustration to win games. All those back to backs are going to wear them down. They lost Green for the season and they have more holes in their team then most teams in the NBA now. Thats why none of the free agents want to go there. Chris Paul and David West are perfect examples. I don't even think they can win their division anymore. Too many games too close together for an aged squad who traded away their depth for a player who got unlucky with heart surgery.

I see them finishing 3rd in the division and 7th or 8th in the east. Lets see how much Garnett is barking when they barely make the playoffs.

Sadds The Gr8
12-22-2011, 01:42 PM

+1

kg is a ***** if i ever seen one. the guy goes after players who arent known for being tough guys .. but when someone smacks him back in the head or punches him square in the mouth he doesnt do **** lol :laugh@:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFsXfnMxao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtmGB3FgB1c

LOL at the 2nd vid...SEXUAL CHOCOLATE! did u see Raw on monday? the philly crowd was givin Mark Henry "SEXUAL CHOCOLATE" chants lol

Green_Monster
12-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Whats with all of the hate for the Celtics? Just because they're the best team in NBA history doesn't mean people need to hate. "Hate us cause you ain't us"...

Marlin234
12-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Whats with all of the hate for the Celtics? Just because they're the best team in NBA history doesn't mean people need to hate. "Hate us cause you ain't us"...

Nice... Where you get that quote from, Spice girls?

kozelkid
12-22-2011, 01:52 PM
I think KG does this to European players because they are all aloof and have there own little clique. Other then that he only does it to players he doesn't respect like Andre Blatche. But seriously Kurt Thomas, he's a boss in the league, very respected.

Na, he does it just to euros and young players.

Noah said it best.

smith&wesson
12-22-2011, 01:52 PM
+1

LOL at the 2nd vid...SEXUAL CHOCOLATE! did u see Raw on monday? the philly crowd was givin Mark Henry "SEXUAL CHOCOLATE" chants lol

lol philly crowds are the best.

Arch Stanton
12-22-2011, 02:09 PM
I've heard KG is mean to Rookies and Foreigners.

ink
12-22-2011, 02:12 PM
To answer the title question, yes. He's a complete meathead. He knows the game and can play it well, but just comes off like a jerk.

Sums it up. Yes, his act is tired no matter how good he was/is. Even more pathetic was his attempted staredown during the lockout. That was just stupidity. Funny how intimidation on the court is laughable off the court. Now even the intimidation attempts on the court have become laughable.

hype707
12-22-2011, 02:15 PM
I heard kg is a fake tuff guy.

kozelkid
12-22-2011, 02:20 PM
+1

I remember when he tried puling that ish on chuck Hayes... Kg quickly backed off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL8JIVrWUEA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pretty much. He picks and chooses his battles.

I remember KG running from away from little Anthony Peeler.

TragicallyHip
12-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Your free to believe what you want. I wanted to share my experience with kg the scum bag so that you can all see its not just on the court. Hes a dick off the court as many other posters have also pointed out.

Its cool if your a fan. I expect the blinders from C fans.

Yeah, I'm definitely a fan, I just don't buy your story. I've heard all the tales of what an ******* he apparently is, but I've never seen it. I've seen him interacting and joking with fans at games personally so obviously experiences may vary.

EXACTLY! It's such a joke that that's the first thing that comes to dirtbag's minds whenever they are wronged. I can see sueing someone if the smash into you with their car inflicting serious problems and medical bills or some other gross misconduct. But after allegedly being pushed into a door you're looking to sue? C'mon man! Don't be a ***** and try to capitalize on someone else's fortunes.

Smaxor5
12-22-2011, 02:39 PM

He only does it to people who he is bigger than. Gee I wonder why :confused:

ugafan
12-22-2011, 02:47 PM
He's a **** human being and a waste of oxygen and that's putting it lightly.

TylerSL
12-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I dont know why KG would taunt, the C's are going nowhere this season. Miami and Chicago are leaps and bounds better than the Celtics in the East, Boston wouldnt even compete for a title if they were in the West.

corky831
12-22-2011, 03:05 PM
instead of having trash talking hard ***** in the league like KG, most these fans wanna see they're favorite player being swagged out, rocking kanye glasses, sporting skinny jeans, listening to drake fairies....what has happened to this league?

Lake_Show2416
12-22-2011, 03:06 PM
i dont see him or Allen being on the team next year anyways, i think they're gonna give it 1 last run then disassemble the team

Raps18-19 Champ
12-22-2011, 03:14 PM
A lot of his stuff warrants technical fouls.

I've seen someone who was issued a technical foul for constantly yelling out "miss" whenever his guy took a shot.

GrantHustle
12-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Wish i could put KG's attitude in Andy Bargnani's body that would be a deadly player

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely a fan, I just don't buy your story. I've heard all the tales of what an ******* he apparently is, but I've never seen it. I've seen him interacting and joking with fans at games personally so obviously experiences may vary.

EXACTLY! It's such a joke that that's the first thing that comes to dirtbag's minds whenever they are wronged. I can see sueing someone if the smash into you with their car inflicting serious problems and medical bills or some other gross misconduct. But after allegedly being pushed into a door you're looking to sue? C'mon man! Don't be a ***** and try to capitalize on someone else's fortunes.

Thats your opinion, but mine is pretty simple. Some people feel celebrities think they are bigger then the rules. I didnt seek letigation and i pushed him back. Thats why i almost got kicked out of the hotel. If it werent for the cameras showing he pushed me first i would have lost my room for the week i was there for no reason.

Again I didnt seek suing I seeked payback. Others suggested the obvious thing was to sue in that point and I pointed out why I didnt. So how about you read the whole thread before you namecall you ignorant *****.

MrfadeawayJB
12-22-2011, 03:17 PM
KG is like that old guy at the YMCA that has to play dirty and physical to maintain respectability. He uses intimidation as his advantage.

TragicallyHip
12-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Thats your opinion, but mine is pretty simple. Some people feel celebrities think they are bigger then the rules. I didnt seek letigation and i pushed him back. Thats why i almost got kicked out of the hotel. If it werent for the cameras showing he pushed me first i would have lost my room for the week i was there for no reason.

Again I didnt seek suing I seeked payback. Others suggested the obvious thing was to sue in that point and I pointed out why I didnt. So how about you read the whole thread before you namecall you ignorant *****.

You admitted in a previous post that you wanted to sue and your daddy talked you out of it.

Admit it playboy, if what you say is even true to begin with, the second a celebrity like KG pushed you, you saw dolalr signs.

latinofire21
12-22-2011, 03:25 PM
There was no case for a lawsuit. Did i need to go to the hospital to get my ego fixed for getting pushed into a door in front of my girlfriend. No

Was there damage to my ability to walk around after the push. No

Was I mad and wanted him to pay the way it would hurt the most, his pockets yes.

End point is that I didnt sue. So calling me a ***** makes no sense. BTW I am sure if you were in my position the same thing would have crossed your mind as well. Only difference is you would have actually went through with the lawsuit. So dont judge.

Whenever someone sues a celebrity its to make the point that they arent bigger then the world. Anger creates a lot of the lawsuits and my dad talked me out of it simply because it wouldnt have went anywhere.

At least i hit him back and was able to save some face. This thread shows from numerous accounts that KG is a scum bag and a waste of life. Im looking forward to this season when the Celtics finish 3rd in the division and no one wants KGs services on a contender for the future.

Humility is best served cold.

Corey
12-22-2011, 03:26 PM
This thread is done. Take your personal debates to PMs.