PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin's post game and defense looks much improved

Clippersfan86
12-22-2011, 03:38 AM
I know it's just preseason but are you guys noticing he's implemented more up and unders, pump fakes, drop steps? He's also much more effective defensively. His shot also looks like it doesn't have a hitch anymore.

Here are two videos from today. He also had a SICK double crossover move where he was toying with the Lakers D before the step back 20 footer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq28NgKaDk4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMecKR0LP7Q

GrandDaddyPurp
12-22-2011, 03:40 AM
idgaf gtfo.

sunsfan88
12-22-2011, 03:41 AM
Good for the Clippers?

Sadds The Gr8
12-22-2011, 03:42 AM
nice moves, but Clips forum?

Clippersfan86
12-22-2011, 03:53 AM
nice moves, but Clips forum?

I just thought you guys would want to see some improvements. I know a lot of people thought his post moves/D were weak last year but he seems to have worked very hard on it. He's much better at altering shots on D, hitting that 15-20 footer and using post moves this year from what we have seen.

shep33
12-22-2011, 03:56 AM
Let's not forget he had that explosion on Troy Murphy lol. Gasol actually played him really well.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-22-2011, 04:05 AM
I just dunked on Blake Griffin. I'll post vids later.

Clippersfan86
12-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Let's not forget he had that explosion on Troy Murphy lol. Gasol actually played him really well.

Lakers always play him well. Their length really bothers him. He shot 40 percent last year vs Lakers which was only matched by Chuck Hayes/Rockets. Reality is he's going to dominate the other 29 teams not named the Lakers again this year and these moves are niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Chacarron
12-22-2011, 04:07 AM
His defense is still suspect, but his offense does look more refined.

Iron24th
12-22-2011, 04:16 AM
Will you open a thread about a clippers player after every clippers game?!?!

What a homer you are.

Clippers forum.

Raph12
12-22-2011, 04:17 AM
Pau played him well in the post, he feasted on Murphy/McRoberts; his footwork does look improved though.

Clippersfan86
12-22-2011, 04:18 AM

What a homer you are.

Clippers forum.

No grudges man. Just the preseason. :D. We can still be friends.

OlivaThor
12-22-2011, 04:19 AM
I liked his defense yesterday. And footwork and jumpshot are improved as well.

Clippersfan86
12-22-2011, 04:24 AM
I liked his defense yesterday. And footwork and jumpshot are improved as well.

Last year was REALLY bad... he would just stick his arms up and let everybody score on him. I feel like this year he can have that Dirk level defense where he's nowhere near elite but he's solid defensively. Maybe within 2 years he can be above average.

Iron24th
12-22-2011, 04:30 AM

If there is any grudge between you and me,it must be because of our 16 titles :D

Clippersfan86
12-22-2011, 04:35 AM
If there is any grudge between you and me,it must be because of our 16 titles :D

So you're going to sit there mast*rbating to those titles for the rest of your life man? You probably weren't around for 14 of those kid. It's not surprising though that even if the Clippers do become the better team all you're going to hear is "Well we got 16 titles, what do you have". Nobody cares about what you won before. It's not going to help you going forward.

Sure people respect the amazing history... but it doesn't mean squat in the future. It's weird because when I debate with Celtics fans they don't use that "trump card" but when you talk to Lakers fans.. who lack the creativity and intelligence to debate logically it's always about the rings of 40 years ago.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-22-2011, 04:42 AM
So you're going to sit there mast*rbating to those titles for the rest of your life man? You probably weren't around for 13 of those kid. It's not surprising though that even if the Clippers do become the better team all you're going to hear is "Well we got 16 titles, what do you have". Nobody cares about what you won before. It's not going to help you going forward.

Sure people respect the amazing history... but it doesn't mean squat in the future. It's weird because when I debate with Celtics fans they don't use that "trump card" but when you talk to Lakers fans.. who lack the creativity and intelligence to debate logically it's always about the rings of 40 years ago.

+1000 Exactly why I hate debating with arrogant Laker fans. Most of my friends bring up the title thing when just like you mentioned, they were not around for the majority of the titles.

Sota4Ever
12-22-2011, 05:03 AM
Kevin Love is still better..

shep33
12-22-2011, 05:04 AM
love blake, and i'm a laker fan. He still needs some work though...but he has time

Raps18-19 Champ
12-22-2011, 05:37 AM
:shrug:

naps
12-22-2011, 05:44 AM
I am more impressed with his post moves. One play today reminded me of Hakeem Olajuwon. His defense, on the other hand, still has a long way to go.

And for this Clippers guy (OP), please don't create a new thread after every clipper game. Let some games go, then you'll have some considerable sample size to analyze. One/two games mean nothing, and it's preseason. The rate you are creating threads at reminds me of Derrick Rose and psd bulls fans (no offense).

CavsYanksDuke
12-22-2011, 06:21 AM
I love all the Heat/Bulls pissing matches taking place in every thread about any player from any team. Also loving how any thread involving the Clips has to include a Lakers fan bragging.

Just let them talk, man. If you guys keep saying it's all about the trophies, then why care about what some people say during the preseason? It just makes you look petty and girlish.

Iron24th
12-22-2011, 09:03 AM
So you're going to sit there mast*rbating to those titles for the rest of your life man? You probably weren't around for 14 of those kid. It's not surprising though that even if the Clippers do become the better team all you're going to hear is "Well we got 16 titles, what do you have". Nobody cares about what you won before. It's not going to help you going forward.

First,show some respect,I'm 30 years old,so,do your maths and you'll know how many Lakers titles and how many clippers epic fails I've seen in my life.

Then,think a minute,talking about history doesn't mean that you're blocked in the past,it means how smart and how succesful a franchise could have been,winning multiples titles is far from easy for a team.

How do you assume that the Lakers will not be at this level again anytime soon,and the clippers will?

ChiSox219
12-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Lakers fans crack me up.

For real though, Griffin is already one of the best offensive players in the league.

mttwlsn16
12-22-2011, 09:31 AM

What a homer you are.

Clippers forum.

did a lakers fan really just call a clippers fan a homer? :laugh2:

ThuglifeJ
12-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Wow clippers fans are horrible!

kyubi256
12-22-2011, 12:04 PM
My gosh the Clippers look DEADLY this year. The weapons they have on that team... Wow.

Seriously they are going to be a hard team to beat this year if they can play up to their potential.

DeAndre Jordan
Blake Griffin
Caron Butler
Chauncey Billups
Chris Paul

They might have the best starting 5 in the league... And to follow that up with Mo Williams off the bench and Gomes and Foye... They look like a very dangerous team.

Just improve the bench a bit and they will seriously make a run at it all

airforceones25
12-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Come on Clipsfan.. You seriously post a new thread everyday. I can't blame the people getting annoyed. Keep it to the Clips forum bud....

As far as Laker fans talking about their past achievements, NOBODY CARES! That's like bringing your perfect attendance award to your high school reunion! :facepalm:

Hustla23
12-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Wow that second move was ridiculous.

If Blake ever learns to play defense, you're talking about an MVP type player.

sep11ie
12-22-2011, 12:43 PM
If you have to start your post with, "I know it' only preseason", then you shouldn't have started the thread.

TheNumber37
12-22-2011, 12:49 PM
He's not doing it on Elite Post Defenders and he is not defending any elite post players. For example, he had lots of trouble with Paul Gasol on Both ends. How is he going to guard Amare, how is he going score on guys like Noah.

ChitownSports16
12-22-2011, 01:07 PM
^^ true story....

kylem4711
12-22-2011, 01:46 PM

ha, laker fans are so pissed that people are talking about the clippers more than the lakers at the moment.

kylem4711
12-22-2011, 01:49 PM
He's not doing it on Elite Post Defenders and he is not defending any elite post players. For example, he had lots of trouble with Paul Gasol on Both ends. How is he going to guard Amare, how is he going score on guys like Noah.

true, blake still has a lot to prove. i dont ever see him being a defensive stopper though. i would be 100% happy if he was able to just hold his ground on the defensive end, box out, and not bite on pump fakes.

clehmun
12-22-2011, 01:50 PM
i'm more impressed with his ability to hit 15 ft jumpers. if he gets that, he'll be truly unstoppable.

Iron24th
12-22-2011, 01:51 PM
ha, laker fans are so pissed that people are talking about the clippers more than the lakers now.

Not sure if you have to be pissed when all the attention and pressure are on the other LA team,you guys act like you have accomplished something,tell me what.

gangis2169
12-22-2011, 01:55 PM
I know it's just preseason but are you guys noticing he's implemented more up and unders, pump fakes, drop steps? He's also much more effective defensively. His shot also looks like it doesn't have a hitch anymore.

Here are two videos from today. He also had a SICK double crossover move where he was toying with the Lakers D before the step back 20 footer.

So true. its amazing what a player can do once he is being guarded by Troy Murphy. Notice when he went off in the 3rd it was with Troy on the floor guarding him. Notice how they mention when Pau guards him he shoots under 40%.

mttwlsn16
12-22-2011, 01:59 PM
Kevin Love is still better..

:eyebrow:

smith&wesson
12-22-2011, 02:03 PM
griffens a beast.

Clippersfan86
12-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Lakers length always bugs him. He shot 40 percent vs Lakers last season which was the worst of any team. Vs 29 other teams he's going to be putting up big games like this like he did last year. I just know many were concerned with his defense, post moves and midrange jumper... which all looked much improved.

I don't see the big deal in making a thread. Just wanted those who haven't noticed to check it out. Even if it was Troy Murphy guarding him it doesn't mean they weren't nice moves. One of these moves he got Bynum who's a much better defender than Gasol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI-q_qHaXzE

His full highlights from last night. He scores a few times on Gasol and you can see the variety of moves he used (big complaint people had last year). It's weird that the crazy ball handling display+ step back 20 footer isn't in here....

kylem4711
12-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Not sure if you have to be pissed when all the attention and pressure are on the other LA team,you guys act like you have accomplished something,tell me what.

i for one have never said that we have accomplished anything, so you can go f yourself on that directed question to me. i also haven't seen any clipper fans say that we have accomplished anything yet.

one thing is for sure though. we are no longer the laughing stock of the league and haven't been for the last few years. I am extremely happy with the team's management and front office. I dont know why, but even donald sterling is no longer being the devil. not only has this team added great players, but also great people. i am SO sorry for being excited about this upcoming season. thats my bad

bdizzle
12-22-2011, 02:29 PM

Lay off him dude. I'm not a clips fan, and I was interested to see this thread. Blake is one of the most exciting players in the league. There would be no complaints if this thread was about Kobe. Quit being an *******.

kylem4711
12-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Lakers length always bugs him. He shot 40 percent vs Lakers last season which was the worst of any team. Vs 29 other teams he's going to be putting up big games like this like he did last year. I just know many were concerned with his defense, post moves and midrange jumper... which all looked much improved.

I don't see the big deal in making a thread. Just wanted those who haven't noticed to check it out. Even if it was Troy Murphy guarding him it doesn't mean they weren't nice moves. One of these moves he got Bynum who's a much better defender than Gasol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI-q_qHaXzE

His full highlights from last night. He scores a few times on Gasol and you can see the variety of moves he used (big complaint people had last year).

i dont see a problem with making this thread either. the few comments i have seen though are saying that this thread should be in the clippers forum, and also that you make several new clipper threads on a daily basis in the nba section. i could see both sides on both arguments.

Iron24th
12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Lay off him dude. I'm not a clips fan, and I was interested to see this thread. Blake is one of the most exciting players in the league. There would be no complaints if this thread was about Kobe. Quit being an *******.

Not really,cause a thread about Kobe would be to bash Kobe.

Iron24th
12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
i for one have never said that we have accomplished anything, so you can go f yourself on that directed question to me. i also haven't seen any clipper fans say that we have accomplished anything yet.

one thing is for sure though. we are no longer the laughing stock of the league and haven't been for the last few years. I am extremely happy with the team's management and front office. I dont know why, but even donald sterling is no longer being the devil. not only has this team added great players, but also great people. i am SO sorry for being excited about this upcoming season. thats my bad

So F yourself too,and enjoy your ballclub buddy.

kozelkid
12-22-2011, 02:41 PM
God, this Clipper team is going to be SO fun to watch.

I honestly think they're going to be legit contenders THIS season.

Nets/Raiders!
12-22-2011, 02:43 PM

I am a die-hard Mavs fan but I love Blake. Definitely #4 in my top favorite players. That guy is amazing

kylem4711
12-22-2011, 02:44 PM

ha, thanks bro

Clippersfan86
12-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Dang Iron why are you so hostile? I didn't say a word about the Lakers until you started bragging about the 16 championships. I already explained why I thought this was worth posting and 80 percent of people in here enjoyed it. No need for this to be a Lakers vs Clippers thread. As if we don't have enough of those. :facepalm:

bovice163
12-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Blake still looks to me like he's completely reliant on his athleticism, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. His defense is improved, but he still isn't a guy you can give the ball to down low, and be guaranteed a basket when you need it. No worries, I think he'll develop into that type of PF soon.

Avenged
12-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Blake is going to be a stud! Actually, no, he already is. He's money around the rim, and has a good midrange game (although a lot of his midrange shots were open). He completely schooled Troy Murphy which is why Blake ended up having a monster game.

Overall Pau played him really well though so he still needs more improvement and should polish his post up game more. He's a 2nd year player so he'll make the improvements necessary. Having Chris Paul will make things easier.

ClippersE.G
12-22-2011, 03:00 PM
The hate for the Clippers is really pathetic. ITS THE CLIPPERS. YES, those CLIPPERS..and people hate like if they are The Celtics or Lakers it is really amazing

ClippersE.G
12-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Blake still looks to me like he's completely reliant on his athleticism, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. His defense is improved, but he still isn't a guy you can give the ball to down low, and be guaranteed a basket when you need it. No worries, I think he'll develop into that type of PF soon.

You must have not seen ALL his games last season and probably rely on his highlights like everyone else. Of course I have seen enough of Carlos Boozer to know that he is really really wack

bovice163
12-22-2011, 03:11 PM
You must have not seen ALL his games last season and probably rely on his highlights like everyone else. Of course I have seen enough of Carlos Boozer to know that he is really really wack

I have league pass man, and I know how to judge players. It's funny how you take as what I said as a negative comment. He's a young player who must make improvements, just like everyone else. He shows flashes of great footwork, but it's not consistant, just like his jump hooks and mid-range game. He will develop into a great player, no doubt, but he is still raw.

I don't understand the Boozer comment either, since I made no comment about him. Your immaturity shows.

Fnom11
12-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Not sure what game you watched last night but I saw horrible defense for majority of the game and little to no post moves even being used. He excelled in the pick and rolls but that was about all he did.

Pakman
12-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Blake still won't bring chips to the clippers. So have fun with your Blake highlights.

thekmp211
12-22-2011, 03:24 PM
that pivot move was orgasmic. might want to move future threads like this to the clips forum though.

5ass
12-22-2011, 03:25 PM
nice, i haven't seen him play this season yet, but the videos look good.

thekmp211
12-22-2011, 03:25 PM
I have league pass man, and I know how to judge players. It's funny how you take as what I said as a negative comment. He's a young player who must make improvements, just like everyone else. He shows flashes of great footwork, but it's not consistant, just like his jump hooks and mid-range game. He will develop into a great player, no doubt, but he is still raw.

I don't understand the Boozer comment either, since I made no comment about him. Your immaturity shows.

its impressive how dominant he is at this point with all of those things still to come. his passing, too, has always wowed me. he had a couple fantastic passes last night.

LAKERMANIA
12-22-2011, 03:28 PM
I like Griffin this year but I realized his weakness is that he has no jump shot (at least from what I have seen)

bovice163
12-22-2011, 03:29 PM
its impressive how dominant he is at this point with all of those things still to come. his passing, too, has always wowed me. he had a couple fantastic passes last night.

Very true. His passing and handles are what set him apart from the rest of the PFs in the league. There's a good handful of PGs in the league that could learn a thing or two from Blake in terms of making plays.

Clippersfan86
12-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Agree with you guys about ballhandling/playmaking/passing. His court vision reminds me of a PG and I'm not exaggerating. He sees things no other bigs see besides maybe Gasol and in previous years guys like Webber and KG. He's got THAT level of bigman passing ability.

As for the poster who says they aren't impressed with his shot.... Griffin actually has a really nice, although inconsistent... looking shot. He has 3 point range too. Last night he swished 4 really nice midrange jumpers.

FriedTofuz
12-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Yo clippersfan chill out and put this in your own thread, Or I'll start bringing out vintage kobe stuff :)

THE GIPPER
12-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Whenever i watch blake it makes me think he could play SF

Clippersfan86
12-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Yo clippersfan chill out and put this in your own thread, Or I'll start bringing out vintage kobe stuff :)

Was it a car accident? Or were you just born developmentally disabled? Just curious, I don't mean to offend. I worked with adults with disabilities for 3 years... so if you need a life coach hit me up.

pacman16
12-22-2011, 05:34 PM

sorry but not many people care about Kobe anymore.

I for one am glad he posted this, I don't get coverage right now

ChiSox219
12-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Griffin is easily the most underrated player in this forum.

How anyone could say he doesn't have a great post game is beyond me, some of you guys watch too much Sportscenter.

You all still mad he dunked over a car?

Clippersfan86
12-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Lol

Clippersfan86
12-23-2011, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4CbHCMq1uA

Found a full 5 minute highlight video of the game! Finally a video that shows the dazzling ball handling display and step back jumper near end of game that set the crowd off. You guys have to watch this video! It's sick.

don'tfireNedCo
12-23-2011, 02:33 PM

you are asking for alot. during my entire stay here in PSD, there has never been a decent friendship being consummated between a clips poster and a laker poster.

and i also agree that this should have been posted in clips forum.

one thing to comment on the OP however, is that i have not seen griffin challenging players on defensive end and give an attempt to swat a layup last season. griffin is trying to morph into a complete player for sure.

don'tfireNedCo
12-23-2011, 02:36 PM
yo avenged24, you sent warnings to me to stop PMing people when i don't have PM ability, but this is okay?

some good unbiased modding there buddy. how laker of you guys.

beasted86
12-23-2011, 03:01 PM
His offense looks even better... but unfortunately the OP is telling stories about his defense.

Even with all that athletic ability he's not much more than a rebounder. He could have a Josh Smith type defense game if he really went to school and relearned fundamentals.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 12:13 AM
23.3 ppg, 10 rpg, 6.5 apg and 2.5 spg last 4 games with EXCELLENT D. Tonight he already has 21 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists and 2 steals in just 24 minutes and with 16 minutes to go in the game.

He's looking like the most complete player in the game after Lebron this week and is playing at a level we have never seen. Flat out DOMINANT in the post.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Oh Blake is shooting 78 percent from the stripe in January too. Just becoming a legit superstar in his 3rd year.

Guppyfighter
01-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Oh Blake is shooting 78 percent from the stripe in January too. Just becoming a legit superstar in his 3rd year.

I am not sure you realize how little we care about Blake's free throw percentage in a small sample.

OceanSpray
01-28-2013, 12:28 AM
23.3 ppg, 10 rpg, 6.5 apg and 2.5 spg last 4 games with EXCELLENT D. Tonight he already has 21 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists and 2 steals in just 24 minutes and with 16 minutes to go in the game.

He's looking like the most complete player in the game after Lebron this week and is playing at a level we have never seen. Flat out DOMINANT in the post.

Big picture: Lost 4 games out of those 4 games.

Duncan = Donkey
01-28-2013, 12:28 AM
Ice only seen him play once this year against my Suns. He looked terrible, maybe becasue CP3 wasn't playing, maybe just a bad game

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 12:34 AM

It's because in all 4 games he was pretty much the ONLY player to show up. Doesn't take away from his huge games and massive improvements. Kyrie Irving is a great example of this. Loses most games but is already an elite player.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Ice only seen him play once this year against my Suns. He looked terrible, maybe becasue CP3 wasn't playing, maybe just a bad game

Yea man he was just atrocious in the Suns game. That was actually the one game holding these stats back some.

ThaDubs
01-28-2013, 12:38 AM

Big picture: they were missing the best PG in the league.

OceanSpray
01-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Big picture: they were missing the best PG in the league.

Big picture: Exactly, Blake Griffin can't win games without him.

OceanSpray
01-28-2013, 12:42 AM
It's because in all 4 games he was pretty much the ONLY player to show up. Doesn't take away from his huge games and massive improvements. Kyrie Irving is a great example of this. Loses most games but is already an elite player.

So what? He hasn't dominated with the ball like other franchise players do. His RPG, PPG, and FG% have all dropped. He hasn't improved. No post game so he resorts to the fadeaway jumper.

ThaDubs
01-28-2013, 12:45 AM
Big picture: Exactly, Blake Griffin can't win games without him.

Blake Griffin's role isn't to win games. If he can put up numbers like he has recently then obviously it's not his fault that they are losing and it's a tribute to his ability to create for himself (and other players with his recent assist number). They can't win nearly as many games without Chris Paul, stop acting like BG is the team.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 12:47 AM
So what? He hasn't dominated with the ball like other franchise players do. His RPG, PPG, and FG% have all dropped. He hasn't improved. No post game so he resorts to the fadeaway jumper.

Huh? Shooting efficiency from midrange, free throws, assists and defensive efficiency are all at a career high level to this point. His PER 36 numbers on scoring on rebounding are similar to his career averages, difference being he's playing less minutes.

His post game and PPP in the paint as well as efficiency are at a career best last I saw.

ThaDubs
01-28-2013, 12:48 AM

You've never watched a Clippers game if you say BG has no post game. He almost never resorts to a fadeaway jumper either. You sound like you're just taking guesses.

OceanSpray
01-28-2013, 12:51 AM
Blake Griffin's role isn't to win games. If he can put up numbers like he has recently then obviously it's not his fault that they are losing and it's a tribute to his ability to create for himself (and other players with his recent assist number). They can't win nearly as many games as Chris Paul, stop acting like BG is the team.

BG is the team. That's why they signed a huge contract with him. Obviously Paul runs the show. The point is Blake needs to dominate. He's too athletic and strong to not develop post moves and create a shot for himself. Blake Griffin's job isn't to win games? So is his job is to lose games? I'm not understanding your logic. The objective for any player is to win games. If he's as good as the OP believes he is, they shouldn't be losing 4/4 games. Kobe Bryant has great stats and puts up numbers but it's obvious that they were losing because of his role.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 12:59 AM
BG is the team. That's why they signed a huge contract with him. Obviously Paul runs the show. The point is Blake needs to dominate. He's too athletic and strong to not develop post moves and create a shot for himself. Blake Griffin's job isn't to win games? So is his job is to lose games? I'm not understanding your logic. The objective for any player is to win games. If he's as good as the OP believes he is, they shouldn't be losing 4/4 games. Kobe Bryant has great stats and puts up numbers but it's obvious that they were losing because of his role.

I see you're two years behind on Clippers games.

ThaDubs
01-28-2013, 01:05 AM

They don't put it on him to win the games for them. If they lose they don't all glare at him in the locker room. He's got an arsenal of post moves. The Clippers won today by the way which makes it 3/4 games. Just more proof that you're guessing about the Clippers and have never watched a Clippers game. Like someone above me said, another example of somebody like BG is Kyrie Irving. He's putting up 40, 35, 32, etc. and 24 a night but the team is still losing. By your strange logic this makes Kyrie a worse player.

ThaDubs
01-28-2013, 01:07 AM
I see you're two years behind on Clippers games.

**** it dude this kid doesn't know what he's talking about. He hasn't watched a Clippers game or Blake Griffin this season. :facepalm:

Chronz
01-28-2013, 01:07 AM
Lakers were losing because of Kobe's role? Please do tell me about that one

Chronz
01-28-2013, 01:08 AM
I am not sure you realize how little we care about Blake's free throw percentage in a small sample.

Its a start

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 01:16 AM
**** it dude this kid doesn't know what he's talking about. He hasn't watched a Clippers game or Blake Griffin this season. :facepalm:

Honestly if polled I'm willing to bet the Clippers would be a top 3 most hated team with the Heat and Lakers. People genuinely hate the Clippers despite them having a mostly classy, nice group of guys who are respectful to their opponents (off the court and in terms of not taking cheapshots etc).

Blake is probably the 3rd most hated player after Lebron and Kobe.. maybe Dwight. It's insane how people just blindly hate so they spew false things and repeat them.

ThaDubs
01-28-2013, 01:18 AM
Honestly if polled I'm willing to bet the Clippers would be a top 3 most hated team with the Heat and Lakers. People genuinely hate the Clippers despite them having a mostly classy, nice group of guys who are respectful to their opponents (off the court and in terms of not taking cheapshots etc).

Blake is probably the 3rd most hated player after Lebron and Kobe.. maybe Dwight. It's insane how people just blindly hate so they spew false things and repeat them.

With success comes jealousy, with jealousy comes hate.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 01:20 AM
With success comes jealousy, with jealousy comes hate.

Why wouldn't more people love the underdog story though? Lottery team to arguably title contender in TWO freaking seasons including one with no training camp/time to gel thanks to a lockout. Not to mention they have two very flashy and entertaining stars/superstars. I mean the formula for them to be very well received and liked seems to be there?

Chronz
01-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Why wouldn't more people love the underdog story though? Lottery team to arguably title contender in TWO freaking seasons including one with no training camp/time to gel thanks to a lockout. Not to mention they have two very flashy and entertaining stars/superstars. I mean the formula for them to be very well received and liked seems to be there?

Formula's are irrelevant when it comes to LA/NY

b@llhog24
01-28-2013, 01:32 AM
CF86 was a homer from then. :laugh2:

ThaDubs
01-28-2013, 01:36 AM

The reason that some people like them is the same reason for why some people hate them. They see your team doing well and liking each other, so they get jelly. Same with Heat. Although I don't find Heat fans annoying in any way, they are hated because they have the best player in the league, the former best player in the league, and just won a championship. As for the Lakers, they have always had a trend of gathering up the best talent in the league and their fans are annoying as hell. It's just how it goes. All the teams that are hated are the teams that are successful or have a history of success.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 01:38 AM
The reason that some people like them is the same reason for why some people hate them. They see your team doing well and liking each other, so they get jelly. Same with Heat. Although I don't find Heat fans annoying in any way, they are hated because they have the best player in the league, the former best player in the league, and just won a championship. As for the Lakers, they have always had a trend of gathering up the best talent in the league and their fans are annoying as hell. It's just how it goes. All the teams that are hated are the teams that are successful or have a history of success.

I agree 100 percent. I guess I just thought it would be different. Biggest laughingstock in sports history turns it around and people immediately turn on them rather than believe in them.

ThaDubs
01-28-2013, 01:44 AM
I agree 100 percent. I guess I just thought it would be different. Biggest laughingstock in sports history turns it around and people immediately turn on them rather than believe in them.

Yeah but it's mostly just Lakers homers who hate on the Clippers. I think it's stupid as **** how Lakers fans see you succeed and start boasting about the past... about who "owns" the city, who has the banners, who has a playoff experience etc. But it's whatever. Lakers fans are like that, you have to expect it lol. And deal with it- especially when you share a city with them.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 01:47 AM
Yea lol...

sunsfan88
01-28-2013, 01:30 PM
It's not really an under dog story. Clippers did the same thing that Miami, NY and the Lakers did. They traded for a whiney star player who refused to play for their current team and then became good because of it.

Clippers aren't even a playoff team without Chris Paul.

Chronz
01-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Its pretty hard being a playoff team in the West without your best player but I think the Clips have as good a shot as say the Rockets do.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 03:27 PM
It's not really an under dog story. Clippers did the same thing that Miami, NY and the Lakers did. They traded for a whiney star player who refused to play for their current team and then became good because of it.

The thing is it was a very good trade for New Orleans. Nothing like Lakers rape mode so no reason to respect teams that improve in trade less than teams who sign free agents or build through the draft. Bottom line is the supposed worst, cheapest owner in sports along with his staff turned a team from laughing stock to title contender in two years. I don't think any team in NBA history has done this, especially with the rep the Clippers had.

Sactown
01-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Yeah he's looking good a for sure all-star, but he's nowhere near what his hype said he was going to be haha.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Yeah he's looking good a for sure all-star, but he's nowhere near what his hype said he was going to be haha.

The man is looking like prime Chris Webber the last few games. Nothing about his hype is undeserved considering he's still going to get much better and is only 23 years old.

Sota4Ever
01-28-2013, 04:06 PM
You keep throwing around these words of in nba history with the clippers.. Maybe you should learn some history of the nba...

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 05:49 PM
You keep throwing around these words of in nba history with the clippers.. Maybe you should learn some history of the nba...

Well since you want history... the Clippers had the 3rd biggest single season turnaround in NBA history win percentage wise after Kidd's Nets and Nash's Suns. The reason it's more impressive in the eyes of any logical sports fan is the fact that the Clippers have mostly been a laughingstock for their entire existence where as both the Nets and Suns had been respectable franchises in previous eras.

The Clippers have consistently been called the worst franchise in ALL sports history by many. It makes it that much more impressive. No other team in NBA history has went from laughingstock and that highly criticized for so long to being a contender. Maybe in other sports you can find examples but not in basketball. That alone is reason for massive respect and attention as I said.

How many people just said 3 years ago that the Clippers would lose Blake, would show their true colors again and become the same old Clippers? How many swore Sterling wouldn't spend money, only to see him become one of the most willing spenders in the NBA? I mean every cliche about the Clippers is dying rapidly.

Sactown
01-28-2013, 05:55 PM
The man is looking like prime Chris Webber the last few games. Nothing about his hype is undeserved considering he's still going to get much better and is only 23 years old.

Well considering the hype around him was "Next GOAT PF" and his numbers hadn't been seen since Duncan.. He hasn't played up to that, and the biggest reason they're a heavy weight is CP3 and not Blake.

Also comparing him to a prime C-Webb is ridiculous, Blake doesn't have the hands or the passing ability that Webb had. Blake definitely has more athleticism and power than Webb had also. Different players. Also Webber never had a top 5 all time PG on his team.

I can see why you would compare the two as their numbers aren't heavily different, but C-Webb was a #1 option with a much higher usage rate than Blake Griffin. BG's advanced numbers are continuing to go up, but his role has also declined more and more each year.

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Another annoying bumped thread that has caused people to hate on the Clippers and Blake. Big surprise.

Sactown
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Another annoying bumped thread that has caused people to hate on the Clippers and Blake. Big surprise.

If you're talking about me, I'm not hating on Blake Griffin or the Clippers.

Blake Griffin is a top 5 PF in todays game
The Clippers are a top 3 team this season.

But I'm not going to give them the praise ClippersFan86 has yet, since we're half way through the season.

kdspurman
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM

:) What you dont like these???

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 06:08 PM

I know you're being sarcastic but you'd think he wants a break from the nonstop Heat, Knicks and Lakers threads that grace the front page every day. Apparently his reputation on the internet and how he's perceived by non Clippers fans outweighs that.

Sactown
01-28-2013, 06:19 PM
I know you're being sarcastic but you'd think he wants a break from the nonstop Heat, Knicks and Lakers threads that grace the front page every day. Apparently his reputation on the internet and how he's perceived by non Clippers fans outweighs that.
I honestly think the Clippers should be talked about more, CP3 is playing Historically and they look to be a serious threat out west. LA is obviously talked about because their failures, and the Heat are talked about because Lebron is always playing historically, but the Clips do deserve more credit.

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2013, 06:23 PM

I will admit that I am dissapointed that my team has you as a fan. I'll give you that.

Sota4Ever
01-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Ha that's great.

sunsfan88
01-28-2013, 06:35 PM
The thing is it was a very good trade for New Orleans. Nothing like Lakers rape mode so no reason to respect teams that improve in trade less than teams who sign free agents or build through the draft. Bottom line is the supposed worst, cheapest owner in sports along with his staff turned a team from laughing stock to title contender in two years. I don't think any team in NBA history has done this, especially with the rep the Clippers had.
Trade was about as good for New Orleans as the trade was for Denver when they have away Melo.

And the point I'm trying to make is, it's not a underdog story if players just want to come play for your team because you have a good player and because it's a big market. If you want an underdog story, look at OKC. They got their own damn players without having to rely on other superstar players b***hig and whinning and trading for them.

Btw, so you like Donald Sterling? Do you think he's a good owner? Even with the success the LAC, I have friends who are Clippers fans who still can't stand Sterling.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 06:49 PM
I will admit that I am dissapointed that my team has you as a fan. I'll give you that.

Well when you decide you want to be a fan in the open instead of hiding in the shadows let me know. I'm proud to talk about the changes in the team openly without fear of criticism. Enjoy the nonstop Heat, Lakers and Knicks threads from your basement dwelling, I won't stop you.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Trade was about as good for New Orleans as the trade was for Denver when they have away Melo.

And the point I'm trying to make is, it's not a underdog story if players just want to come play for your team because you have a good player and because it's a big market. If you want an underdog story, look at OKC. They got their own damn players without having to rely on other superstar players b***hig and whinning and trading for them.

Btw, so you like Donald Sterling? Do you think he's a good owner? Even with the success the LAC, I have friends who are Clippers fans who still can't stand Sterling.

If you're mad about CP3's attitude fine but how does that reflect on the organization trading for him? Pretty sensitive and illogical to think that way IMO. Sterling is personally still a scumbag and no I don't like him. That being said his hands off approach and willingness to spend the last 6 or 7 years have been a huge foundation for the success we are finally seeing.

Sactown
01-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Well when you decide you want to be a fan in the open instead of hiding in the shadows let me know. I'm proud to talk about the changes in the team openly without fear of criticism. Enjoy the nonstop Heat, Lakers and Knicks threads from your basement dwelling, I won't stop you.
That's good and all, but make sure you don't overrate your players.

Also, I don't understand the hate for Sterling, yeah he seems like a weirdo and a dick, but he's not a horrible owner, he's show he's willing to spend if the talents there.. It could be worse, you could have the Maloofs as owners who couldn't afford to spend even if the talent was there.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Sactown I agree. The best owners shut up and sign checks. Sterling has been doing that.

Sactown
01-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Sactown I agree. The best owners shut up and sign checks. Sterling has been doing that.

Exactly, Clippers fan shouldn't care if Sterling buys a prostitute every night as long as he lets his GM run his team to the best ability, yeah the Clippers did suck for awhile, doesn't mean Sterling should of started handing out stupid contracts to become mediocre.. the worst owners are the ones that try to play GM (Michael Jordan) or the ones who won't spend even if the talents there, just because they're broke and refuse to sell (Maloofs)

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Yup. If your team moves will you follow the Sonics?

Sactown
01-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Yup. If your team moves will you follow the Sonics?

Nope quit basketball, but I do believe they will end up staying.

kdspurman
01-28-2013, 07:34 PM

I think the clippers threads may have over taken the heat at this point. Sometimes it's just cool to watch your team succeed and not need to make a thread or bump old ones every week or when someone has a good game. It's tough to do, especially when you've got so many other people doing it, but that's just my opinion. For me, I'd say maybe direct more of it to the Clippers forum and you'll see the negative feedback you've been getting decrease.

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2013, 07:41 PM
I think the clippers threads may have over taken the heat at this point. Sometimes it's just cool to watch your team succeed and not need to make a thread or bump old ones every week or when someone has a good game. It's tough to do, especially when you've got so many other people doing it, but that's just my opinion. For me, I'd say maybe direct more of it to the Clippers forum and you'll see the negative feedback you've been getting decrease.

He doesn't get it. I've tried to find common ground with him time and time again. Your point about the Clippers forum is something he can't get his head around. He wants to portray himself as a bigger Clippers fan than me because I'd rather post in the Clippers forum with stuff like this. I wasn't aware that I am not a vocal Clippers fan either. I post in game threads and the Clippers forum all the time. I also rip Laker and Knick trolls time and time again. He's also been around since we got CP3 so I doubt his allegiance anyway. Especially since his style of fanhood is so Laker like.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Actually unlike you I've never tried to revoke your fan card or make a personal issue of our differences. You've went out of your way to be a massive douche every chance you get. I have a lot of love for Clippers fans even if we don't all follow the team in the same way. Your idea of leveling with me is being condescending. The joke is on you for implying I'm a potential bandwagoner. Mod on the biggest Clippers forum on the web since 08 and had my Clippersfan email registered since July of 2001. Although I was a fan years before this.

Lakers + Giants
01-28-2013, 08:22 PM
I usually don't agree with CF86 but he is no bandwagoner. That's one thing he is not.

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Actually unlike you I've never tried to revoke your fan card or make a personal issue of our differences. You've went out of your way to be a massive douche every chance you get. I have a lot of love for Clippers fans even if we don't all follow the team in the same way. Your idea of leveling with me is being condescending. The joke is on you for implying I'm a potential bandwagoner. Mod on the biggest Clippers forum on the web since 08 and had my Clippersfan email registered since July of 2001. Although I was a fan years before this.

My fan card can't be revoked on this site so you couldn't go there if you wanted to. I don't post on topbuzz but if lakers/giants backs you up I'll drop the Laker fan crap. That all came from wanting to trade CP3 for Rondo. Can't imagine a Clippers fan you wanting to trade CP3. Like I've told you over and over, I'm more than happy to have any conversation you want to have in the Clippers forum. That is what the team forums are for. I know topbuzz is a 1 team forum so even though you are a mod maybe you don't understand the team forum concept?

I don't know what you expect to accomplish by constanstly bumping these threads? Your just opening up our team and players to a bunch of trolling and hating. That's cool if you like to do that. I find it annoying. I like to poke fun at trolls and despite you being a fan of the same team as me, I find you to be a troll. I've never said anything to personally be-little you in anyway. Everything I say in this or any other forum is about sports and to the point.

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Cracka maybe I'm not failing to understand the concept of a team specific forum. Maybe it's you failing to understand what a GENERAL forum is. Everybody posts a variety of topics about all teams. One of the threads I bump was somebody else's doing and it's just funny to see it bite them in the *** consistently.

This is the one I've been bumping for Blake primarily and it's because he's looking like a top 5 player, undisputed superstar and dominant in the last week or two. He's putting up a stretch of numbers this week that haven't been accomplished since 2005 Lebron, which is a huge achievement for a pure dunker who's low IQ and has no skills supposedly.

If you remember when I first came here I did post in the Clippers sub forum but the responses are pretty slow and membership of Clippers fans is pretty low so It became obvious that the general forum would get significantly more attention (both good and bad apparently). Not to mention it's cool to get feedback from all kinds of fans.

Sota4Ever
01-28-2013, 09:16 PM
You think he is a top 5 player?

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 09:20 PM
You think he is a top 5 player?

Key word "Looking" like. As I said he's putting up numbers this week that were last accomplished by 2005 Lebron James. How wouldn't that mean at least at this very moment he's playing like a top 5 player?

Sota4Ever
01-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Do you actually think those 2 games are going to continue throughout the season even when CP3 comes back?

Clippersfan86
01-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Do you actually think those 2 games are going to continue throughout the season even when CP3 comes back?

It's actually a 5 game sample, not 2. No I don't expect it continue because he will have the ball a lot less but it does show the detractors not only how good Blake actually is but how good he can be in the future.

Cracka2HI!
01-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Alright I'll play. Blake has been great! You are correct it's not a 5 game sample size. He has played dominant basketball this year from time to time. The fact we are 1-4 on this stretch doesn't help him, but this is not his first stretch playing like this this season. The main thing he has been this season is inconsistent. Once he consistently plays like this he will be a top 5 player in the league IMO. I honestly think he will get there. I think the haters are just flat out wrong about him. Most of the crap I read about him here is just that. Pure Crap. However to compare him to LeBron because of 5 games does make you sound like a homer.

I Rock Shaqs
01-29-2013, 12:15 AM

LMAO Look how mad he got from you saying that. That's hilarious, and I love how he replies to almost every post in his own thread lol.

Clippersfan86
01-29-2013, 12:31 AM
Alright I'll play. Blake has been great! You are correct it's not a 5 game sample size. He has played dominant basketball this year from time to time. The fact we are 1-4 on this stretch doesn't help him, but this is not his first stretch playing like this this season. The main thing he has been this season is inconsistent. Once he consistently plays like this he will be a top 5 player in the league IMO. I honestly think he will get there. I think the haters are just flat out wrong about him. Most of the crap I read about him here is just that. Pure Crap. However to compare him to LeBron because of 5 games does make you sound like a homer.

You misunderstood me. The last time anybody has put up these averages in a 5 game stretch was 05 Lebron. It was in an NBA.com Clippers article per Eric Patten and wasn't my personal opinion comparing him to Lebron.

seikou8
01-29-2013, 12:43 AM
he is very good and top 5 pf

kylem4711
01-29-2013, 01:38 AM

ha

kylem4711
01-29-2013, 01:40 AM

yikes. new clipper fans are the worst...

Clippersfan86
01-29-2013, 01:47 AM
yikes. new clipper fans are the worst...

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-profile-mode-viewprofile-u-886.html

Also got a Hotmail registered under Clippersfan86 since July of 2001. You tried though, I'll give you that.

Guppyfighter
01-29-2013, 02:19 AM
http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-profile-mode-viewprofile-u-886.html

Also got a Hotmail registered under Clippersfan86 since July of 2001. You tried though, I'll give you that.

He is just talking about the way you act, which can be incredibly obnoxious.

Clippersfan86
01-29-2013, 02:41 AM
He is just talking about the way you act, which can be incredibly obnoxious.

Actually no... he made it clear what he was saying when he quoted me and said "Yikes new fans are the worst". I don't expect a response though for his faulty assumption. I was a Clippers fan when Lamond Murray and Rodney Rogers were our best players so you figure out the years I became a fan. I was there when Olowokandi was drafted from Pacific as our franchise savior too.

kylem4711
01-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Actually no... he made it clear what he was saying when he quoted me and said "Yikes new fans are the worst". I don't expect a response though for his faulty assumption. I was a Clippers fan when Lamond Murray and Rodney Rogers were our best players so you figure out the years I became a fan. I was there when Olowokandi was drafted from Pacific as our franchise savior too.

ha. seriously, new clipper fans are the worst. Sorry, NBA forum, for this guy. You haven't been posting in topbuzz enough. you should post there more.

Clippersfan86
01-29-2013, 05:23 PM
ha. seriously, new clipper fans are the worst. Sorry, NBA forum, for this guy. You haven't been posting in topbuzz enough. you should post there more.

:facepalm: