PDA

View Full Version : Lakers seems the most hated but in reality...

KBfrom8to24
12-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Miami Heat is the most hated team. Why? Heat's Big 3 are in the Top 10 of Most Hated NBA Players. Lebroom is #2 Bosh is #6 & Wade is #9. Miami should thank ESPN bias because they've made Lakers so bad in the eyes of many. Can someone explain this?

billsftw
12-22-2011, 12:32 AM
i think every1 knew this :P

Cal827
12-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Fans have an impact too you know. I mean even on this site. Not all of you (as there are many good Laker posters), but some just go around flaunting that they have 16 NBA titles, that Kobe is still the best player in the league (despite age catching up to him), that Orlando is backed up to give them Dwight for an injury prone Bynum, despite the fact that New Jersey is offering better and they could always let them walk.
Also, look at some of their information. Kobe (although I don't believe he did it), was accused of Rape, and his adultery has been exposed again in the media, Bynum is a basketcase, they turned their backs on Odom, they were looking to rob one small market team with a stupid deal.

At least with Miami, the only team they were initially pulling a guy off of was Toronto (which is a large market, so losing the guy wouldn't ruin them). Lebron was hated a lot in Cleveland too, so really those results are skewed. If Lebron hadn't moved, I'm 100% neither Wade or Bosh would be on that list, and the most hated Roster would be the one James is on.

It's just how it is. In the NHL I'm a Laff fan, and we have many psycho fans too. That's why The Leafs (along with the Canucks... who taunt the other Canadian teams over going far in the playoffs... despite choking bad in the finals and burning some of their downtown area) are hated. Some call it Passionate, others call it annoying.

Supreme LA
12-22-2011, 02:56 AM
Fans have an impact too you know. I mean even on this site. Not all of you (as there are many good Laker posters), but some just go around flaunting that they have 16 NBA titles, that Kobe is still the best player in the league (despite age catching up to him), that Orlando is backed up to give them Dwight for an injury prone Bynum, despite the fact that New Jersey is offering better and they could always let them walk.
Also, look at some of their information. Kobe (although I don't believe he did it), was accused of Rape, and his adultery has been exposed again in the media, Bynum is a basketcase, they turned their backs on Odom, they were looking to rob one small market team with a stupid deal.

At least with Miami, the only team they were initially pulling a guy off of was Toronto (which is a large market, so losing the guy wouldn't ruin them). Lebron was hated a lot in Cleveland too, so really those results are skewed. If Lebron hadn't moved, I'm 100% neither Wade or Bosh would be on that list, and the most hated Roster would be the one James is on.

It's just how it is. In the NHL I'm a Laff fan, and we have many psycho fans too. That's why The Leafs (along with the Canucks... who taunt the other Canadian teams over going far in the playoffs... despite choking bad in the finals and burning some of their downtown area) are hated. Some call it Passionate, others call it annoying.

Whoa, wait a minute...rob???

I was actually against the trade because I thought giving up Lamar and Pau was too much for CP3. I just assumed the Lakers were building for the future and pretty much gave up this year's title hopes when the trade was agreed to. You don't trade 2 very productive bigs for a small PG. It would have only been worth it in my eyes if they landed D12 for Odom and Bynum, while keeping Gasol. I'm still upset that Odom is gone. He was such a big part of our team.

I think you should stick to football.

Cal827
12-22-2011, 03:29 AM
Whoa, wait a minute...rob???

I was actually against the trade because I thought giving up Lamar and Pau was too much for CP3. I just assumed the Lakers were building for the future and pretty much gave up this year's title hopes when the trade was agreed to. You don't trade 2 very productive bigs for a small PG. It would have only been worth it in my eyes if they landed D12 for Odom and Bynum, while keeping Gasol. I'm still upset that Odom is gone. He was such a big part of our team.

I think you should stick to football.

There was a thread on here, with that initial Paul deal (which seems somewhat fair, but I don't exactly understand why Houston would dissect their team though lol), but I'm looking more at that Orlando deal. Some Laker fans just assumed that Bynum would be traded straight up for Howard. There was multiple threads on this. From what you have seen as of right now including injuries, performances and what not, does that seem fair?

Not much you can do about it though. Because of your franchise's history, you could build a franchise from scratch with good picks, and people would still hate. I don't mean to come off as one, but I'm just stating what some people probably look at. If you want to see true Laker Haters, then just contact David Stern, Dan Gilbert, Marc Cuban or the other 20+ owners who vetoed that trade twice lol

clutchski
12-22-2011, 03:42 AM
The Lakers are 'hated' in my opinion because they've won so many championships and been a dominant team. Plus, a lot of their fans are arrogant. Miami is 'hated' because they took the 'easy' route and signed the big 2.5.

It's good to have rival teams in my opinion. It creates a common enemy for the rest of the league to enjoy beating, when they actually do beat them. That seems like a more likely occurrence for the Lakers this year.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-22-2011, 04:08 AM
I disagree. I didn't get to vote so it doesn't count. The Lakers are still the most hated.

Birdmannn
12-22-2011, 06:39 AM
Lakers are hated for their last few decades of dominance.
Miami is just the envy of the rest of the league cause of how easily they pulled off a dynasty team. ( Last season was practice and Stern owed Cuban a favor )

hineswardfan
12-22-2011, 06:43 AM
The Lakers are the Steelers of the NBA