PDA

View Full Version : Which announcers are the worst?

Tmath
12-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Do they have the worst commentators in the history of sports?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-21-2011, 10:56 PM
:laugh2: Mike's a pretty good play by play guy. Tommy's been apart of the organization for 50 years now so of course he's going to be a huge homer.

ManRam
12-21-2011, 10:59 PM
A lot of people would say so.

I haven't heard them all, so IDK.

Bos_Sports4Life
12-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Hes doing his job if opposing teams fans hate him, so u hating him means hes doing a decent job. Does he gets biased too a huge extreme at times? Sure...HOWEVER, You win titles as a player, coach and see the same team win titles as an anouncer u'd be biased also. He was a player and key when they won there first title, Coached title runs in the 70's, anounced during the 80 too now...He was a part of all 3 runs the celtics have had....HEINSOHN=GOD

bholly
12-21-2011, 11:09 PM
There were worse ones that I head last year. From memory it was the Spurs and Pacers guys which were really bad, although I might've just been more annoyed about it because I actually like those teams and really wish they'd had good ones.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-21-2011, 11:10 PM

Well, let me introduce you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjU3nvru9wA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka7D6RUAXJg&feature=fvwrel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo5qzOrdPvY&feature=related

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Hes doing his job if opposing teams fans hate him, so u hating him means hes doing a decent job. Does he gets biased too a huge extreme at times? Sure...HOWEVER, You win titles as a player, coach and see the same team win titles as an anouncer u'd be biased also. He was a player and key when they won there first title, Coached title runs in the 70's, anounced during the 80 too now...He was a part of all 3 runs the celtics have had....HEINSOHN=GOD

That doesn't really give him an excuse.

But I understand why he favours them so much.

magichatnumber9
12-21-2011, 11:11 PM
This really needs a post in the NBA forum? seriously

Bos_Sports4Life
12-21-2011, 11:17 PM

Hes the ONLY person too be apart of all 17 titles in a official way..that s not an excuse??

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Hes the ONLY person too be apart of all 17 titles in a official way..that s not an excuse??

Just because he's been apart of the organization for the last 50 or so years means he can act like the Celtics are above everything else?

celtisox41
12-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Do they have the worst commentators in the history of sports?

No, it really doesn't matter what opposing fans think because he is biased, so obviously they will all hate him. Heinson makes the games more fun to watch, which is all you can ask for from a commentator. I would take Tommy and Mike over any other announcers. I'd rather have them be biased and fun then boring and unbiased.

PacersForLife
12-21-2011, 11:26 PM
There were worse ones that I head last year. From memory it was the Spurs and Pacers guys which were really bad, although I might've just been more annoyed about it because I actually like those teams and really wish they'd had good ones.

Are you saying Clark Kellog is bad?

bholly
12-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Are you saying Clark Kellog is bad?

I honestly don't know who it was.

Bos_Sports4Life
12-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Just because he's been apart of the organization for the last 50 or so years means he can act like the Celtics are above everything else?

Hes not a national anouncer....so yes it is ok. I personally like biased boston anouncers....And yes, A guy that was apart of a team for 60 yrs whatever, has 17 titles ect is allowed too be a homer.

NSJ
12-21-2011, 11:36 PM

Give him an excuse for what? Favoring the Cs? I thought you understood.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Give him an excuse for what? Favoring the Cs? I thought you understood.

I said I understand why he favours them. But I never said that was a valid excuse to be biased.

From my understanding atleast, 1 aspect basketball commentators are supposed to give basketball knowledge to viewers. Tommy only reduces basketball IQ if you aren't feeding in his ****.

NSJ
12-21-2011, 11:40 PM

Lol he's commentating on the local comcast sports network, not national television, so why shouldn't he act like the Cs are above everything else? This is a ridiculous topic, every home town announcer is biased. Although I admit Tommy's probably one of the most biased, what the big deal?

Super.
12-22-2011, 12:00 AM
He's a local color guy. He's supposed to be biased!

Hustlenomics
12-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Stacey King is the worst

Tmath
12-22-2011, 12:18 AM
I said I understand why he favours them. But I never said that was a valid excuse to be biased.

From my understanding atleast, 1 aspect basketball commentators are supposed to give basketball knowledge to viewers. Tommy only reduces basketball IQ if you aren't feeding in his ****.

This.

It was so bad I had to put the game on mute, no joke.

Ragun
12-22-2011, 12:29 AM
he's horrible. thats cool that he's been part of all 17 Celtics championships but let him do something else! being a commentator is not his thing but you know, we cant really complain if the Celtics fans like him because it is their feed.

but it doesnt change the fact that that Heinsohn guy is a horrible commentator.

FriedTofuz
12-22-2011, 01:40 AM
theyre comentators are idiots.
As soon as the oposing team catches up, the boston celtics arent careing for a preseason win. :laugh2:

thekmp211
12-22-2011, 02:00 AM
tommy is the worst. but most home announcers, especially the color commentary guys, are homers.

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2011, 02:18 AM

Lol NBA ITS STUPID
THATS BOGUS lol

AntiG
12-22-2011, 02:26 AM
Heinsohn, Michael Kay and Suzyn Waldman are the worst ever.

ayuntalo
12-22-2011, 02:29 AM

Wow hahaha.
I hate them so much specially when they show a replay and say "tommy point" but this videos are so funny haha. I mean its ridiculous lol!

Tommy is the only person that can challenge mark jackson for the worlds dumbest commentator lol

Bos_Sports4Life
12-22-2011, 02:38 AM
tommy is the worst. but most home announcers, especially the color commentary guys, are homers.

Hes a Homer just like Red Auerbach was a homer...Tommy has been apart of 17 titles with this team dating back too 1956. Hes helped them win titles as a hall of famer player, Head coach, and had seen them win several times anouncing. Hes OBVIOUSLY going too be biased.

Combine that with the fact hes old, health isnt great, and his wife passed away...he prob doesn't give a ****

Super.
12-22-2011, 03:28 AM
I don't know about you guys, but Tommy is ****ing hilarious sometimes. You just gotta laugh at him.

bdizzle
12-22-2011, 03:35 AM
Stacey King is the worst

Stace King is hilarioussss. You trippin' boy, he's like your homer celtics announcers but funny.

aman_13
12-22-2011, 03:50 AM
lol yeah Tommy is really biased. It's soo bad that when he says good things about other teams, you think he's being sarcastic.

Sadds The Gr8
12-22-2011, 04:02 AM
he's pretty ****in horrible. add the Bulls commentator to this list too, and Doris Burke as well.

Bos_Sports4Life
12-22-2011, 04:39 AM
I don't know about you guys, but Tommy is ****ing hilarious sometimes. You just gotta laugh at him.

Tommy is the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrandDaddyPurp
12-22-2011, 04:51 AM
Lol I would love that kind of commentating if I were a Celts fan. He is already a legend in my book.

Caveman508
12-22-2011, 05:01 AM

Mike and Tommy > tebow

Raps18-19 Champ
12-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Mike and Tommy > tebow

Tebow>Jesus>Everything else

Caveman508
12-22-2011, 05:57 AM
Tebow>Jesus>Everything else

An empty Bottle of Jack daniels > Tim Tebow

CavsYanksDuke
12-22-2011, 06:31 AM
^ I think you meant Tim Tebow empties bottles of Jack Daniels by simply staring at them.

Mishmin
12-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Tommy represents a large demographic of cranky old irish guys that make up a lot of the north east.. Biased yes. But he's a legend.

Mike Gormon on the other hand is a class act and should not be lumped into this bashing thread. Truly an excellent commentator.

ShakeN'Bake
12-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Tommy represents a large demographic of cranky old irish guys that make up a lot of the north east.. Biased yes. But he's a legend.

Mike Gormon on the other hand is a class act and should not be lumped into this bashing thread. Truly an excellent commentator.

Ya I feel like Gormon gets a bad rap because of Tommy.

kman11
12-22-2011, 01:02 PM
The knicks by far have the worst announcers...Walt Frazier is extremely boring and corny

Corey
12-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Gorman is an excellent play by play guy, and I'll defend that point.

Tommy's a complete and utter homer. No one can deny it. Most Celtic fans respect him for how long he's been with the franchise, though.

NYYCowboys
12-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Why isn't this is Celtics thread hardly anyone outside of Boston knows nor cares about the Celtics announcers... They'll have a lot to complain about the first game they announce after the Knicks beat them Sunday ;)

theheatles
12-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Why isn't this is Celtics thread hardly anyone outside of Boston knows nor cares about the Celtics announcers... They'll have a lot to complain about the first game they announce after the Knicks beat them Sunday ;)

Yeah, this thread title should be changed to which teams announcers are the biggest homers...

1. Tommy Heinsohn
2. Stacey King

ShakeN'Bake
12-22-2011, 01:43 PM

Some one, with out fail, makes this thread annually.

B1rks
12-22-2011, 01:44 PM
I muted these 2 goofs last night. I've never heard so much complaining during a basketball game in my life. For the record, Boston wont make it out of the first round of the playoffs this year. The schedule is too demanding for the elderly Celtics. I can't wait to hear what those 2 goofs have to say when that time comes.

Da Knicks
12-22-2011, 02:01 PM
absolute worse!

bdizzle
12-22-2011, 02:09 PM
I can say one thing, he's no Tommy Smyth.

"It's magic!!!"

Lil Rhody
12-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Tommy point! I love our guys they keep it fun and exciting. Me and my friends got a Tommy drinking game for christ sakes

bdizzle
12-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Tommy point! I love our guys they keep it fun and exciting. Me and my friends got a Tommy drinking game for christ sakes

When you can make a drinking game out of an announcer, you know he is bad.

Case in point: Ken "Hawk" Harrelson

Bos_Sports4Life
12-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Tommy is one of the GREATEST anouncers....TOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ayuntalo
12-27-2011, 01:26 AM
OMG, add the kings announcer to this list.
both of them haha. everytime theres a call they think its on their favor haha
(was laughing watching lakers vs Sac on nbatv)

Cal827
12-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Raptors.

knicks=love
12-27-2011, 03:19 AM
chris colinsworth is the worst announcer in history. wrong sport, but i don't give a ****.

Lakers + Giants
12-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Spurs announcers imo. Pain in the *** listening to them.

Lakers4ItAll
12-27-2011, 11:21 AM
I dunno but I hate women announcers, they are annoying as ****

spreadeagle
12-27-2011, 11:48 AM

holy crap...they really need to put this guy out to pasture a la old yeller stlye

daleja424
12-27-2011, 11:51 AM
after watching a lot of league pass the couple days I will say this... a lot of the local guys SUCK. I dont know how you put up with how biased some of them are.

I watched a game yesterday where like three times the announcers were irrate with the refs for a bad call and then they watched the replay and were like, "oh, they were actually right." I hate listening to announcers with homer goggles on...its so unprofessional. I want to here an unbiased call of the game to balance my own irrational viewing.

daleja424
12-27-2011, 11:54 AM
After watching those Tommy videos that is exactly what I cant stand... as an announcer you arent suppose to be homer fan boy. Hell, that Pierce one may not have even been a foul... facepalm to announcers like that.

NecessaryPaper
12-27-2011, 12:05 PM
As a Celtics fan I was immediately excited to post about Tommy Heinsohn being the biggest homer in history. The guy is absolutely entertaining and I look forward to every game he announces.

He screams at the refs and just goes berserk over bad calls. He spends the majority of the game complaining about the refs. The man is a legend in Boston and I will be extremely disappointed day day he retires. No one else can make a 2006 17 win season as entertaining Tommy.

Keep on the keep on Tommy

"This Kenny Mower should go home to his wife because nobody here loves him"

daleja424
12-27-2011, 12:07 PM
^as local broadcasts are carried nationally, however, that kind of broadcasting is no longer appropriate.

NecessaryPaper
12-27-2011, 12:09 PM
^as local broadcasts are carried nationally, however, that kind of broadcasting is no longer appropriate.

Oh absolutely if I had to sit threw a Tommy game not as a celtic fan I would get heated pretty quickly

Like Gus Johnson, you cant take him seriously, pure entertainment.

In 2006 I'm not tuning in for a Celtics win.... I wanted to see the pieces develop and the off chance Tommy goes berserk again

I also hear drinking with him on his nights off watching the Celtics play (uncensored) is just a whole new level.

daleja424
12-27-2011, 12:11 PM
It is pretty annoying. I used to live in Boston and I tried to follow the Celts a little bit, as a secondary team, but I could never get through a local broadcast. I just ended up disliking the Celts more... haha

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-27-2011, 12:14 PM
As a Celtics fan I was immediately excited to post about Tommy Heinsohn being the biggest homer in history. The guy is absolutely entertaining and I look forward to every game he announces.

He screams at the refs and just goes berserk over bad calls. He spends the majority of the game complaining about the refs. The man is a legend in Boston and I will be extremely disappointed day day he retires. No one else can make a 2006 17 win season as entertaining Tommy.

Keep on the keep on Tommy

"This Kenny Mower should go home to his wife because nobody here loves him"

Exactly. He's entertaining. He makes Celtics losses better when he explodes next to Gorman. It's comical.