PDA

View Full Version : Gustavo Ayon to sign with Hornets

nolafan33
12-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Gustavo Ayon confirms he is signing with New Orleans Hornets
The Mexican big man is leaving Spain

In a press conference, Gustavo Ayon confirmed that he is leaving Baloncesto Fuenlabrada and will sign a contract in NBA with New Orleans Hornets. The buyout of the player is $1.5M. New Orleans Hornets will pay $525.000 while the Mexican big man will pay the difference by his own.

Gustavo Ayon is averaging 15.9ppg, 8.2rpg and 1.8apg in ACB in 10 games.

DraftExpress: Most of the NBA was quietly tracking Gustavo Ayon. Everyone wanted to keep him a secret, hence the lack of hype/buzz. Clearly a NBA player.

DraftExpress: In Spain. Arguably most productive player in league: http://t.co/clkrZrCL RT @BKoremenos Where did Gustavo Ayon play before NO nabbed him?

DraftExpress: People are asking why didn't we write about Ayon? We no longer offer that type of information (international free agent scouting) publicly.

DraftExpress: Jeff Foster in his prime was an absolute stud. Efficient, rebounding MACHINE. RT @DanRoom Is comparing someone to Jeff Foster a good thing?

DraftExpress: 6-10. Plays his *** off. Smart. Rebounds. Tough. Finds ways to score. Teammate. Perfect rotation big. RT @ekw248 School me on Gustavo Ayon.

Does anyone know anything about him? DraftExpress seems to be high on him, but I don't expect much this season. Suddenly the Hornets have good front court depth though. Ariza, Aminu, Pondexter, Landry, Smith, Ayon, Okafor, Kaman, Butch.

I'm also real glad to see the Hornets scouting outside the country, that's something we used to never do.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-21-2011, 04:53 PM
His name sounds like a tropical drink.

Chi StateOfMind
12-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Yay another Hispanic player. What is it now like 4?

Sadds The Gr8
12-21-2011, 04:57 PM
hellcrooner probably knows everything about him...

thekmp211
12-21-2011, 05:09 PM
based on the scouting reports and highlights i just looked at, he seems pretty solid. big, active guy. good for NOLA.

Hellcrooner
12-22-2011, 08:42 AM
hellcrooner probably knows everything about him...

Not quite.
His team in spain doesnt get on national tv too much, he was doing very good stats tough.

But that is never reliable , sometimes good stats in spain do transalte to nba ( marc gasol , scola, charlie bell etc) and sometimes they dont translate at all (macijauskas, jasikevicius, sergio rodriguez....)

king4day
12-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Either Woj or Bucher said it could wind up being a steal for them.