PDA

View Full Version : Build your all pro team

EagleNation25
12-21-2011, 03:25 PM
If you had to chose 5 guys in the whole league to build your starting five, who would it be and why?

PG. C. Paul
SG. K. Bryant
SF. L. James
PF B. Griffin
C. D. Howard

Raph12
12-21-2011, 03:28 PM
PG - Lebron James
SG - Kevin Durant
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C - Dwight Howard

I'm sure Lebron can guard PGs and Durant can guard SGs, but I'd love to watch them guard LBJ/KD and Aldridge's finesse/jumper compliments Dwight's power game a lot better.

tcav701
12-21-2011, 03:30 PM
PG - Lebron James
SG - Kevin Durant
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C - Dwight Howard

I'm sure Lebron can guard PGs and Durant can guard SGs, but I'd love to watch them guard LBJ/KD and Aldridge's finesse/jumper compliments Dwight's power game a lot better.

Where'd the sig pic come from?

gotoHcarolina52
12-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Derrick Rose
Rip Hamilton
Luol Deng
Carlos Boozer
Joakim Noah

The best there ever was, is and will be

tcav701
12-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan

Master Mind
12-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Derrick Rose
Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Amare Stoudemire
Dwight Howard

Raph12
12-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Derrick Rose
Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Amare Stoudemire
Dwight Howard

Three ball-dominant wings with two power players in the post... They better run, A LOT.

Corey
12-21-2011, 03:38 PM
People are going to choose the 5 best players rather than constructing the best possible team, methinks.

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Nash (just to switch it up from Paul for a bit. Has the same court vision and incredible shooter.)
Wade (elite scorer and the number one option along with the next guy on the list...)
Durant (spreads the floor and another shooter)
Garnett (Not the same player, but he is still an elite defender and with as much scoring as this team has, he just needs to spread the floor and Nash will find him)
Howard (Similar to Garnett. With him and Garnett this team is elite defensively, very good rebounder and Nash will find him often via oops, etc.)

gotoHcarolina52
12-21-2011, 03:43 PM
People are going to choose the 5 best players rather than constructing the best possible team, methinks.

Lies! I have concocted the best team in the history of the universe.

Master Mind
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Dirk
Tyson Chandler

Corey
Mine would be:

Chris Paul (Excellent distributer, can knock down the open shot, has to be accounted for at all times)

Dwyane Wade (Slasher, can knock down the open 3, can run iso or within the flow of an offense, excellent defender)

Kevin Durant (Pure scorer. Number one option, great shooter from anyone on the floor, but can play mid range and slash as well)

Pau Gasol (Excellent at working on the low block or in the mid range. Respectable jumper and underrated defender)

Dwight Howard (Best defensive big man in the game, and best rebounder. Solid low post game that is consistently getting better)

You have your shooters, slashers, mid range players, and 4/5 starters are above average defenders.

JordansBulls
12-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Here is mine

PG Derrick Rose
SG Ray Allen
SF Luol Deng
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Dwight Howard

I have rebounding, playmaking, defense and shooting. Also I don't have a dominant scorer where one player needs the ball all the time.

kozelkid
Lies! I have concocted the best team in the history of the universe.

You try WAY too hard to be funny. Maybe you should leave the comedy for Kjoke.

Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Dirk
Tyson Chandler

That team will have MAJOR issues defensively imo.

Chi StateOfMind
PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Dwight Howard

Slimsim
12-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Kyle Lowry
OJ Mayo
Thaddeus Young
Dirk Nowitzki
Marc Gasol

Picking all top 15 players is so boring

jmoney85
12-21-2011, 03:49 PM
PG- deron williams
SG - kobe bryant
SF - paul pierce
PF - al horford
c - dwight howard

good mix of scoring and defense and not filled with ball dominant players

Jetsguy
12-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Paul
Wade
Melo
Amare
Dwight

Hawkeye15
12-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Chris Paul
Manu Ginoboli
LeBron James
Kevin Love
Dwight Howard

I will put that five against any.

naps
12-21-2011, 04:11 PM
LeBron
Wade
Durant
Garnett
Dwight

1. Try to defend this guys.
2. Try to score on them.
3. Good luck.

Jint.
12-21-2011, 04:13 PM
CP3
Eric Gordon
Melo
K Love
Dwight

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 04:15 PM
LeBron
Wade
Durant
Garnett
Dwight

1. Try to defend this guys.
2. Try to score on them.
3. Good luck.

I used to believe that Lebron should have played pg, I just don't think he could do it though consistently for 30+mpg a night. Especially as he is growing older (yes, he's only 27, but even then).

tcav701
12-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Rose
Monta
Magette
ZBO
Al Jefferson

6th man Al Harrington

That team would score 200 points!!!!
winning.

tcav701
12-21-2011, 04:21 PM
I used to believe that Lebron should have played pg, I just don't think he could do it though consistently for 30+mpg a night. Especially as he is growing older (yes, he's only 27, but even then).

He tried gaurding Rondo for a full quarter last year and got murdered. I think him playing PG is out of the question defensively unless its in short time frames.

Chacarron
12-21-2011, 04:22 PM
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
PF: Kevin Love

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 04:23 PM
He tried gaurding Rondo for a full quarter last year and got murdered. I think him playing PG is out of the question defensively unless its in short time frames.

My thoughts exactly.

naps
12-21-2011, 04:23 PM

I think LeBron can play 30 mins a game at point guard. I don't know if you are talking about strength, if that's case then he should be able to play even 40 mins because he's probably the most athletic guy in the league. LeBron won't be focusing on scoring nearly as much. He will concentrate on play-making and defense. And with Wade being on the same team, PG won't be an issue.
I just thought that team would be unstoppable both offensively and defensively. Garnett and Dwight will easily own the paint. LeBron and Wade are perfectly capable of stopping/slowing down the perimeter. Durant is the only weak link on defense but he's improved a lot.

Birdmannn
12-21-2011, 04:24 PM

Bahh thats a stupid comment.
Never get injured and plays more minutes then just about any in the league.
Lebron playing the point would let him control the tempo too.

Did a 37 year old nash have a problem running the point he did get most apg?
What about a 37 year old Kidd that got his team a ring?
36 year old Billups seems to have done quite fine last year.

AND LBJ is in way better shape then all of them put together.

Birdmannn
12-21-2011, 04:27 PM

Regular season.
He seemed to do pretty damn good on Rose in the post season.
And according to most posters here Rose is above and beyond every other point guard in the league

Dolfan305
12-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Paul
Wade
Lebron
Dirk
Dwight

Easy decision

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 04:29 PM
I think LeBron can play 30 mins a game at point guard. I don't know if you are talking about strength, if that's case then he should be able to play even 40 mins because he's probably the most athletic guy in the league. And with Wade being on the same team, PG won't be an issue.
I just thought that team would be unstoppable both offensively and defensively. Garnett and Dwight will easily own the paint. LeBron and Wade are perfectly capable of stopping/slowing down the perimeter. Durant is the only weak link on defense but he's improved a lot.

It's a question of stamina. I think he can play that role offensively, but defensively, he'd get exhausted from constantly guarding fast pgs night in and night out. It would destructive especially in hopes of giving him enough energy when the postseason starts

Bahh thats a stupid comment.
Never get injured and plays more minutes then just about any in the league.
Lebron playing the point would let him control the tempo too.

Did a 37 year old nash have a problem running the point he did get most apg?
What about a 37 year old Kidd that got his team a ring?
36 year old Billups seems to have done quite fine last year.

AND LBJ is in way better shape then all of them put together.

It's a question of stamina, not injuries.

Comparing a 250 pound, 6'8 player to 6'3 pgs that are 210 at most is incredibly silly. There's no question regarding Lebron's athleticism, but trying to have him guard for so many minutes smaller guards, would be bad long term and, in particular, giving him enough energy for a long postseason run.

If you don't see it, I have nothing more to say.

Again, if this was so simple, he'd have been guarding Rose for more than just 5mpg in the 4th quarter.

EDIT: Not to mention all the old pg's took many plays off on defense given their age. I don't think you'd want Lebron to be doing that. Again, using Lebron for short durations at the pg position, especially in the 4th quarter, can be useful. Doing it all game is idiotic, which is why it isn't done.

tcav701
12-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Regular season.
He seemed to do pretty damn good on Rose in the post season.
And according to most posters here Rose is above and beyond every other point guard in the league

He gaurded Rose for like 8 mins.

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 04:56 PM
He gaurded Rose for like 8 mins.

Not even. 5 at most.

But it has been SO exaggerated since that apparently it's "stupid" to think that he can't play 30+ mpg at the pg position in a long NBA season. :rolleyes:

GrandDaddyPurp
12-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Paul
Gay
Lebron
Dirk
Howard

Birdmannn
12-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Well since the fourth quarter in only 12 minutes long and they both played about 10 minutes each. Lebron was on Rose for half of each fourth quarter and he made him look terrible.

There may only be about 5 point guards in this league that would cause problems for Lebron offensively. If he didn't have to focus so much on offense, which he doesn't with Wade there, he could easily keep up with smaller point guards consistently.

Personally im fine with Lebron focusing on defense more then offense anyways.

Rockice_8
12-21-2011, 05:13 PM
PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Stephen Curry
PF: Lebron James

This team has length, shooting, and would be a highlight reel on the break. LBJ should have no problems handling almost all PF's defensively and Rose could handle the bigger 2 guards that Curry can't.

Biggest weakness would probably be rebounding.

thekmp211
12-21-2011, 05:14 PM
cp3
wade
durant
dirk
howard

i chose durant over lebron because he's a better shooter and that will help with howard and wade.

the dirk/howard combo alone to me would be so ridiculously devastating. look at what chandler did for dirk.

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Well since the fourth quarter in only 12 minutes long and they both played about 10 minutes each. Lebron was on Rose for half of each fourth quarter and he made him look terrible.

There may only be about 5 point guards in this league that would cause problems for Lebron offensively. If he didn't have to focus so much on offense, which he doesn't with Wade there, he could easily keep up with smaller point guards consistently.

Personally im fine with Lebron focusing on defense more then offense anyways.

You also do realize that it wasn't just Lebron on Rose, don't you?

There was plenty of help, rotating and trapping.

PhillyFaninLA
12-21-2011, 05:23 PM
PG - Deron William - I love his game and I don't trust CP3 to be healthy
SG - Kevin Durant - maybe the best offensive player in the game and is humble enough to fit with any group of players
SF - Lebron James - best player in the world
PF - Dirk Nowitzki - Duncan is a year older and with this schedule I don't feel good with his age, Pau is in an odd situation thanks to Stern so Dirk is next on the list
C - Dwight Howard - best center by a large margin in the game

Birdmannn
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
You also do realize that it wasn't just Lebron on Rose, don't you?

There was plenty of help, rotating and trapping.

Very true, and it worked well on a top scoring point guard.
Against 25 of the teams Lebron would wreak the other point guard on off and def.
Then when playing against D Rose, CP, Dwill, Rondo and Westbrook they use help defense, no problem it works for a lot of slower point guards.

CHANGO
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Kevin Love
Dwight Howard

You have D, rebounds, scoring. EVERYTHING!

jammastershake
12-21-2011, 05:43 PM
PG Steve Nash
SG Andre Iguodala
SF Paul Pierce
PF Pau Gasol
C Dwight Howard

eddiev22
12-21-2011, 05:43 PM
PG- Derrick Rose
SG- Dwyane Wade
SF- Kevin Durant
PF- Dirk Nowitzki
C- Dwight Howard

MacFitz92
12-21-2011, 05:50 PM
PG: Deron Williams
SG: Andre Iguodala
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: Dirk Nowitzki

mavwar53
12-21-2011, 05:53 PM
If you had to chose 5 guys in the whole league to build your starting five, who would it be and why?

PG. C. Paul
SG. K. Bryant
SF. L. James
PF B. Griffin
C. D. Howard

Would think if you start the thread and ask 2 questions you'd answer not just the first but the 2nd as well.

theheatles
12-21-2011, 05:57 PM
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: LeBron James
PF: Dirk Nowitzki

Jag4444
12-21-2011, 06:09 PM
I'll try to do it without big name stars.

PG: Kyle Lowry/Eric Bledsoe/Avery Bradley
SG: Jordan Crawford/Marshon Brooks
SF: Paul George/Nicolas Batum
PF: Jeff Green/Kenneth Faried/Anthony Randolph
C: Roy Hibbert/Enes Kanter

Seems like a good/young 12 man roster

heattiltheend94
12-21-2011, 06:13 PM
PG: CP3
Sg: Wade
Sf: LeBron
Pf: Josh Smith
C: D12

CP3 and LeBron would create tons of shots. The defense on this team would be unstoppable (Josh Smith is extremely underrated defensive player)

BSardogan
12-21-2011, 06:19 PM
PG- Dwight Howard
SG- Dwight Howard
SF - Dwight Howard
PF - Dwight Howard
C - Dwight Howard

Dwight at all 5 positions, period. Nothing was mentioned about all the players having to be different, right?

Now, why? Dwight can block from just about anywhere on the court, so D won't be a problem anyways. Maybe PG Dwight would have to work on his handles a little and SG Dwight should be able to drain those 3's. SF Dwight would be the go-to-guy in the clutch, PF Dwight would be a midrange beast and C Dwight would just be Dwight as we know Dwight, only he'd also make his freethrows.. o_0

That team would easily go 82-0 in a regular season with this starting line-up 10 more Dwights of the bench.

Corey
12-21-2011, 06:21 PM
PG- Dwight Howard
SG- Dwight Howard
SF - Dwight Howard
PF - Dwight Howard
C - Dwight Howard

Dwight at all 5 positions, period. Nothing was mentioned about all the players having to be different, right?

Now, why? Dwight can block from just about anywhere on the court, so D won't be a problem anyways. Maybe PG Dwight would have to work on his handles a little and SG Dwight should be able to drain those 3's. SF Dwight would be the go-to-guy in the clutch, PF Dwight would be a midrange beast and C Dwight would just be Dwight as we know Dwight, only he'd also make his freethrows.. o_0

That team would easily go 82-0 in a regular season with this starting line-up 10 more Dwights of the bench.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Gladiator_Thumb_Down_01.gif

BSardogan
12-21-2011, 06:26 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Gladiator_Thumb_Down_01.gif

Does this mean you could possible think of a better team than this, or did you you just feel like posting that .gif for a long time and though this'd be the right time to do it?

GunFactor187
12-21-2011, 06:30 PM
C - Greg Ostertag
PF - Brian Scalabrine
SF - Latrell Sprewell
SG - Fred Hoiberg
PG - Mike James

6th - Darko Milicic

Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4, Not 5, Not 6, Not 7, Not 8, Inifinite Championships right there...

Trace
12-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Chris Paul
Dwayne Wade
Kevin Durant
Andrea Bargnani
Dwight Howard

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Very true, and it worked well on a top scoring point guard.
Against 25 of the teams Lebron would wreak the other point guard on off and def.
Then when playing against D Rose, CP, Dwill, Rondo and Westbrook they use help defense, no problem it works for a lot of slower point guards.

For 5 minutes a game...

Whatever, I already pointed my case and obviously coaching staffs seem to think the same or else Lebron would be at pg.

Dolfan305
12-21-2011, 06:45 PM
pg- Chris Quin
SG-Luke Ridinour
SF-Adam Morrison
PF- Brian Scalabrini
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Game over.

xnick5757
12-21-2011, 06:49 PM
PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Dwayne Wade
SF: Lebron James
PF: Kevin Love

rondo is the best distributor in the league, wade and lebron will score the majority of the points on this team, love rebounds, and howard anchors the D.

BSardogan
12-21-2011, 06:55 PM
C - Greg Ostertag
PF - Brian Scalabrine
SF - Latrell Sprewell
SG - Fred Hoiberg
PG - Mike James

6th - Darko Milicic

Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4, Not 5, Not 6, Not 7, Not 8, Inifinite Championships right there...

Sounds legit.

Ollie Tabooger
12-21-2011, 07:11 PM
PG - Lebron James
SG - Kevin Durant
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
C - Dwight Howard

This except switch Melo out for either Deng or Ray Allen.

That team has plenty of scoring, and with Melo, there's not enough ball to go around. If you had Deng in there, his only jobs would be to guard the team's best player and to knock down the open three, both of which he is capable of.

And with Allen, I would put him at the 2 guard and move Durant to SF. Then they would have two HUGE three point threats, with Lebron dominating the ball and making the decisions. Aldridge in the high post, Dwight in the low, and I think this team would work well together.

PG: Lebron
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Durant
PF: Aldridge
C: Dwight

Heediot
12-21-2011, 07:32 PM
PG Chris Paul (A pass first point guard that doesn't need to score to dominate, he will give all the players great looks.)

SG Arron Afflalo (Perimeter defense combined with three point shooting. He doesn't need to dominate the ball, giving more time for Cp3 and Durant to create)

SF Kevin Durant (Elite scorer and shooter. Can score in many ways and efficiently to boot. Him and AA be the recipients of many great looks from the cp3 penetration kick outs.)

PF LaMarcus Aldridge (Has range on his shot for a PF, perfect complement inside to Dwight. High potential in relation to P&R and P&P player with CP3).... [Dirk was a close pick, but we have enough O, and i'll take LaMarcus' complementary skills on my team]

C Dwight Howard (Dominat interior defender who protects the rim. Provides an inside game to complement Durant's perimeter ability. Massive P&R potential with cp3)

This team has it all defense, shooting, toughness, and chemistry.

BSardogan
12-21-2011, 07:34 PM
pg- Chris Quin
SG-Luke Ridinour
SF-Adam Morrison
PF- Brian Scalabrini
C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Game over.

Wow dude...... I'm just not sure if you could combine ALL those superstar and make them play together as a team. I mean, they would all have to put their ego's aside and stuff.... If only you could combine this level of skill & athletisms without the player's ego's getting in their way... Wow.. I'd say 96 Bulls watch out, cuz there's a new sheriff in town!

Z for MVP!

ichitownclowni
12-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Derrick Rose
Eric Gordon
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
Joakim Noah

Il Mago50
12-21-2011, 07:38 PM
PF: Dirk Diggler

Ill21
12-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Derrick Rose
Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Amare Stoudemire
Dwight Howard

This. With Melo as the 6th man

Heediot
12-21-2011, 07:40 PM
This except switch Melo out for either Deng or Ray Allen.

That team has plenty of scoring, and with Melo, there's not enough ball to go around. If you had Deng in there, his only jobs would be to guard the team's best player and to knock down the open three, both of which he is capable of.

And with Allen, I would put him at the 2 guard and move Durant to SF. Then they would have two HUGE three point threats, with Lebron dominating the ball and making the decisions. Aldridge in the high post, Dwight in the low, and I think this team would work well together.

PG: Lebron
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Durant
C: Dwight

This is a nice squad. Only potential problem is backcourt defending.

Romo2Bryant
12-21-2011, 08:04 PM
PG. Derrick Rose
SG. Dwayne Wade
SF. LeBron James
PF. Dirk Nowitzki
C. Dwight Howard

Cal827
12-21-2011, 08:21 PM
PG: Derek Rose
SG: Andre Igoudala
SF: Danny Granger
PF: Josh Smith

The reason that Iggy and Smith are on this lineup was because I would want balance and chemistry. If I put guys like Kobe/Wade and Amar'e/Dirk, the distribution of shots would be a serious problem. Igoudala helps Granger with defense (as Iggy is one of the best defenders in the league right now), he also can help Rose and Granger's game as he can pass the ball fairly well (making up for Rose's assist problem) so when he drives he could pass it to a sharp shooter who can nail threes (Granger). Josh Smith is there to provide even more help defense (Granger), while Dwight Howard is there because there really isn't any other good center out there. Although Smith's presence could allow a more offensive Center there instead of Dwight (E.g. Lopez, Jefferson etc).

sunnydayin'zona
12-21-2011, 08:26 PM
PF: Dirk Diggler

This. Lebron's too ball dominant to play with the rest of this squad. Otherwise, I put Lebron in for Durant.

goalie
12-21-2011, 08:30 PM
1-Derrick Rose
2-Kobe Bryant
3-Kevin Durant
4-Dirk Nowitzki
5-Dwight Howard

Underdogz∞
12-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Rose
Wade
Lebron
Durant
Dirk

Underdogz∞
12-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Dwight may body Dirk on the block but when he has to guard Dirk at the 3 line the lane will be wide open for Rose Wade Lebron kick out to Durantula MONEY

Beastin'downlow
12-21-2011, 09:53 PM
PG: Paul
SG: Wade
SF: Lebron
C: Howard

Furymaker
12-21-2011, 09:55 PM
PG : Rose
SG : Allen
SF : Durant
PF : Dirk
C : Dwight

Rose is ball-dominant player , Allen and Durant are great shooters and solid defenders , don't require ball all the time to be effective , Dirk with outside shooting and Howard with inner presence will make this team unstoppable .
Every player needs double team , leave 1 player open , money .
Lebron as 6th man .

Trinity_man817
12-21-2011, 11:04 PM
1. Rose
2. Wade
3. Lebron
4. Bosh
5. Howard

Champions!!!!!

mdm692
12-21-2011, 11:19 PM
PG.Steve Nash-The best pure PG in the game today and one of the greatest shooters in NBA history.
SG.Ray Allen- The best 3 point shooter in NBA history and perfect compliment for Nash
SF.Andre Iguodala- One of the best if not the best wing defender in the NBA. Obviously we need some defense in this team to guard players like wade, kobe, lebron, durant, melo etc. Along with his extraordinary defense Iguodala also posses great offensive skills he may not be an elite 3 point shooter but is a very underrated playmaker and can create his own offense not to mention he is a great slasher. Give him the role of a play maker and he can dish to 2 of the greatest shooters in NBA history ever in Nash and Allen.
PF.Josh Smith- Imagine Nash and Stat pick and roll with a high flyer and underrated shooter in J-Smoove. Aside from providing similar offense to the one Stat provided us before J-smoove can also defend, rebound the ball, block shots, steal the ball, dish out assist every now and then and is a human highlight reel.
C.Dwight Howard-Obviously my frontcourt's forte would be protecting the paint and what other perfect partner for J-Smoove than D12 to block shots left to right. Pick and roll would be deadly with Smoove and Dwight creating alley oops left to right.

Coach- Tim Thiboddeou