PDA

View Full Version : Kenyon Martin Headed Back Stateside

JasonJohnHorn
12-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Here's the link, K-Mart argreed to a buy out.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_19592947

So where do you think he's headed? Could be a nice fit in Boston. He'd also be a nice front-court partner for Dwight. And of course Denver can offer him more than any other team in terms of salary.

Thoughts?

Chi StateOfMind
12-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Boston comes first to mind and even the Kings.

Master Mind
12-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Celtics, Magic, Thunder, Heat, Lakers...

mgsports
12-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Orlando?
Miami?
Clippers?
Knicks?

Raph12
12-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Boston-bound for this season... Magic still have taxpayer's MLE, I think.

king4day
12-21-2011, 03:35 PM
He can't play until the CBA ends. He just gets out of playing in China. So he won't be relevant until March probably.

D Roses Bulls
12-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Bulls make sense if he is willing to accept a back up roll. I know the Bulls left some money aside to sign a big man after losing kurt thomas.

THE GIPPER
12-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Dallas maybe? He's still a very valuable asset imo. He brings so much toughness and defence.

NYKnickFanatic
12-21-2011, 03:55 PM
He was bought out, but he cant play in the NBA until the Chinese season is over, that was a part of the agreement, so he still has a few months.

DICKS! Learn how to read!

No surprise here. As a part of the agreement, Martin will not be allowed to return to the NBA until his Chinese team's season is over. This may pave the way for Aaron Brooks, J.R. Smith and Wilson Chandler to find a way out of their current deals, although they too would have to wait to join the action stateside.

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Bulls make sense if he is willing to accept a back up roll. I know the Bulls left some money aside to sign a big man after losing kurt thomas.

Bulls make zero sense for Kmart unless Taj is dealt or a major injury happens.

Boston would be a great choice, especially with Green now out and KG bound to get many games off.

beasted86
12-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Any team can use an extra capable defender, especially bigs... but the Celtics critical "needs" is at SF depth, not another PF. Why do people keep mention them? Chris Wilcox and Brandon Bass is enough PFs behind Garnett.

But as of right now the guys they have backing up Pierce are Marquis Daniels and Sasha Pavlovic. :puke:

thekmp211
12-21-2011, 04:10 PM
i think memphis makes the most sense. they lost arthur. k-mart would fit in there culture-wise, as well.

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Any team can use an extra capable defender, especially bigs... but the Celtics critical "needs" is at SF depth, not another PF. Why do people keep mention them? Chris Wilcox and Brandon Bass is enough PFs behind Garnett.

But as of right now the guys they have backing up Pierce are Marquis Daniels and Sasha Pavlovic. :puke:

Forgot about Bass and Wilcox is garbage. They still need more depth, especially at center with Kristic gone. That could mean adding Martin and maybe playing some small ball. Either way, that team has went very quickly from deep to having major depth issues.

i think memphis makes the most sense. they lost arthur. k-mart would fit in there culture-wise, as well.

Good point. Hell, even LA could use him with Odom now gone and Byum being never reliable.

Hester23Jordan
12-21-2011, 04:17 PM

Boston would be a great choice, especially with Green now out and KG bound to get many games off.

I actually think Bulls make a lot of sense. For one, he is going to be coming in the season late and will have trouble getting a starting job or a main role.

With Kurt gone, Asik and Gibson are the only big man reserves. Noah and Boozer have been really injury prone, and with a fast condensed season, it worries me that we might have to rely on Asik to be the main option off the bench. Martin could help in the playoffs and still get plenty of minutes especially if guys are hurt or need nights off. Plus he knows he could have a title shot.

Bob_at_york
12-21-2011, 04:30 PM
i think the lakers make the most sense. without odom, they need more insurance in case bynum goes down late in the season.

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 04:34 PM
I actually think Bulls make a lot of sense. For one, he is going to be coming in the season late and will have trouble getting a starting job or a main role.

With Kurt gone, Asik and Gibson are the only big man reserves. Noah and Boozer have been really injury prone, and with a fast condensed season, it worries me that we might have to rely on Asik to be the main option off the bench. Martin could help in the playoffs and still get plenty of minutes especially if guys are hurt or need nights off. Plus he knows he could have a title shot.

Depth is great, but why does Kmart have any desire to play 5mpg at most for vet minimum?

He's still is in his prime and probably wants a decently big role. At least as a first big off the bench which he'd be in LA, Miami or Memphis. Certainly not Chicago though.

D Roses Bulls
12-21-2011, 04:35 PM

Disagree..... they set money aside for another Big man after losing Big Sexy. If Noah or Boozer goes down, that could be big trouble for our front line You can't expect Taj to come in and play 48 minute a game or vice versa if Noah goes down with Asik.

Agreed

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Disagree..... they set money aside for another Big man after losing Big Sexy. If Noah or Boozer goes down, that could be big trouble for our front line You can't expect Taj to come in and play 48 minute a game or vice versa if Noah goes down with Asik.

Which is why I said unless Taj is traded or an injury occurs...

Otherwise, he would have no desire to play 5-10mpg like Kurt did when everyone was healthy. And again, I wouldn't blame him. He'd have much more opportunity of play time and show casing his worth on LA, Boston or Memphis. No question.

D Roses Bulls
12-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Depth is great, but why does Kmart have any desire to play 5mpg at most for vet minimum?

He's still is in his prime and probably wants a decently big role. At least as a first big off the bench which he'd be in LA, Miami or Memphis. Certainly not Chicago though.

He isn't going to get big Money else where since he won't be playing till March. He won't Start at these other places, at least right away or with a Miami team with Bosh starting or LA with Gasol, and finally Memphis with Zach. Also, Maybe Martin might want to have a shot at winning and playing for a coach like thibs.

D Roses Bulls
12-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Which is why I said unless Taj is traded or an injury occurs...

Otherwise, he would have no desire to play 5-10mpg like Kurt did when everyone was healthy. And again, I wouldn't blame him. He'd have much more opportunity of play time and show casing his worth on LA, Boston or Memphis. No question.

If Martin is producing, he will get more then 5 or 10 minutes especially if someone if picking up fouls like Asik is known to do at times. If Martin is out performing someone, you know damn well Thibs will have no hesitation to start or play Martin longer minutes then Boozer or someone else like he did with Boozer last year.

D Roses Bulls
12-21-2011, 04:42 PM
regardless, It's still a what if scenario and probably a long shot, but I think IMO he would be Ideal for the Bulls.

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 04:54 PM
He isn't going to get big Money else where since he won't be playing till March. He won't Start at these other places, at least right away or with a Miami team with Bosh starting or LA with Gasol, and finally Memphis with Zach. Also, Maybe Martin might want to have a shot at winning and playing for a coach like thibs.

He still can get a couple mil from a team that's under the cap.

If Martin is producing, he will get more then 5 or 10 minutes especially if someone if picking up fouls like Asik is known to do at times. If Martin is out performing someone, you know damn well Thibs will have no hesitation to start or play Martin longer minutes then Boozer or someone else like he did with Boozer last year.

Martin doesn't need that though when he is GUARANTEED minutes on a team with no capable big off the bench to speak of in Memphis, LA and Boston to some degree.

TheNumber37
12-21-2011, 05:53 PM
I can see him going to Dallas to play with Kidd.
I could also see him playing for the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Clippers, Heat, Thunder.