PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Going To Be This Season's Biggest Surprise?

JasonJohnHorn
12-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Everybody knows that CP3 and Blake are going to be magic together. Everybody knows that Dirk will be Dirk, and that Boston will be solid. Everybody knows that the Lakers will dazzle and the Dwight Howard will be the most dominant big man in the league while Wade and LBJ run the break better than anybody in the league.

My question is who will be the biggest surprise of the season?

List who you think will be the biggest surpise of the season and why.

On my list I got:

Tyler Hansbrough: The dude has been slowed by injury, and the recent signing of David West makes it look like he will be relegated to the bench this season, but I think his game has been budding for some time and look to see him earning big minutes while posting big numbers and that David West will wish he'd signed with Boston.

Tim Mozgov: Last year he got posterized by Blake when the Clips were visiting NY. Mozgov is a great European talent with the size and skill set needed to excel as a big man in the NBA, and now that he's got his first NBA season under his belt, I expect that he will end up taking minutes away from Nene and allow Denver to throw out some big line ups agaisnt opposing teams. Imagine Nene at PF and Mozgov's 7-1 frame clogging the lane. Look for Mozgov to turn into a priemere shot blocker this season while grabbing his share of the boards.

Nikola Vucevic: In Philly's first pre-season game, Vucevic barely got ten minutes, but in that time grabbed 4 rebounds and did something few centers in the league can do: Stepped out to drop a three. Of course, he also got 3 fouls and was posterized by McGee.. Once's Doug Collins gets this kid to stay out of foul trouble, look for Vucevic to be one of the more surprising rookies of the season. His 7-foot frame gives him a distinct size advantage over many centers in the league, and if he works the boards half as hard as he did last night, expect him to be one of the leading rookies for rebounds-per.

Who you got?

WSU Tony
12-21-2011, 01:40 PM
If the Wolves win 25 games, wouldn't that be the biggest surprise?

miller
12-21-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't think Indiana would be all that surprising, but I still go Pacers. That team is either gonna upset someone or give them a fright in the playoffs. Not really going on a limb.

Oefarmy2005
12-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Malcom Lee, the Wolves 2nd rounder - will probably become the starting SG.

tcav701
12-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Everyone is saying Indiana but i honestly feel Philly is gonna be the suprise team in the East.

Oh and SJax is gonna go ape **** in Milwakee, not sure if it transaltes to wins tho.

Hawkeye15
12-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Kyle Lowry holds off Thaddeus Young for MIP will be a surprise imo.

I think both are ready to break out.

gotoHcarolina52
12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Norris Cole

Blink
12-21-2011, 03:16 PM
I agree with Lowry. That kid is good.

Im going to go on a limb here and say Anthony Randolph is going to have a very solid season with Love getting all the attention.

KnightnDaye
12-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Austin Daye and Kyle Lowry. Daye is ballin in preseason and if he can find some consistancy he will be good. I also agree with Anthony Randolph, hes got the team around him now to make himself great.