PDA

View Full Version : No need to Overreact

FriedTofuz
12-21-2011, 05:30 AM
I've noticed a lot of people have been saying many things which quite frankly dont make sense. After one loss or one win, a certain team is now really deep, a contender, or now fading away. This is just an example: Just the other day the clippers beat the lakers, and several threads appear saying :

" Are the lakers done"
" Is deandre jordan worth the money
" are the clippers contenders"
"what do the lakers do now"

I just want to say, relax guys its one game, let the season carry out. There will be times when good teams lose.. badly. There will be times when bad teams win well but arent consistant. Please, refrain from making threads like the ones mentioned above., its quite frankly annoying, let the season actually play out and NEVER assume a team is done after one loss or win.

This goes for other teams and other games, please hold back and actually watch the season before making abrupt assumptions about teams.

SeoulBeatz
12-21-2011, 05:48 AM
I agree some of the bickering has gotten out of hand.

But in my honest opinion I do think the Lakers are on the way down. Don't get me wrong, they are still a top 3 team in the West, but I have no idea why they traded Odom for nothing.

Troy Murphy, Mcroberts, and Kapono are not going to suffice to replace him.

They are an aging team that has questionable depth (which used to be their strength).

All good things must come to an end.... i'm confident the Lakers will finish in the top 4 in the west, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Clips finish in front of them. They just looked like a better team. Chemistry means a lot in this league, and the Laker's chemistry is definitely struggling at this point.

Bulls_fan90
12-21-2011, 05:49 AM
I agree, but this is the NBA forum. Did you expect any better?

Iron24th
12-21-2011, 06:03 AM
I agree some of the bickering has gotten out of hand.

But in my honest opinion I do think the Lakers are on the way down. Don't get me wrong, they are still a top 3 team in the West, but I have no idea why they traded Odom for nothing.

Troy Murphy, Mcroberts, and Kapono are not going to suffice to replace him.

They are an aging team that has questionable depth (which used to be their strength).

All good things must come to an end.... i'm confident the Lakers will finish in the top 4 in the west, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Clips finish in front of them. They just looked like a better team. Chemistry means a lot in this league, and the Laker's chemistry is definitely struggling at this point.

Agree,we lack chemistry right now,we'll see if we can fix that or not.

SeoulBeatz
12-21-2011, 06:08 AM
Agree,we lack chemistry right now,we'll see if we can fix that or not.

Yeah, obviously the Lakers have all the tools to be a contender. They still have Kobe, Pau, and Bynum. That's more than most teams can dream of, but I just worry that Kobe might be a little distracted by the divorce, losing Odom, new coach. But hey if you have 3 potential allstars on your team you're in a good place. I just hate that Odom trade.

Birdmannn
12-21-2011, 06:16 AM
Yeah, obviously the Lakers have all the tools to be a contender. They still have Kobe, Pau, and Bynum. That's more than most teams can dream of, but I just worry that Kobe might be a little distracted by the divorce, losing Odom, new coach. But hey if you have 3 potential allstars on your team you're in a good place. I just hate that Odom trade.

Me too. He was the energy off the bench. A very similar role as Jason Terry.
Come out every night and bring the offense.

GoferKing_
12-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Just chill.xD

ThunderousDemon
12-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Take a chill pill?

bholly
12-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Huge lol at 'this is just an example'. No it isn't. This is a Laker thread where you just said that so you could make a new thread, rather than just give your opinion in the Laker threads just like everybody else. What other examples are there of threads popping up like you mention after one win or one loss? It's the Lakers/Clippers and nothing else, don't insult people's intelligence by pretending this is about more than just a rant about your team.
There's actually a good point to be made about not rushing to judgements and letting the season play out - but given the parameters you set out it's pretty clear you aren't making it.

And, for what it's worth, people aren't just talking about one loss or one win with the Lakers. They're talking about several extremely significant personnel moves as well - CP3, Odom, Mike Brown, etc - and the developments of last season. Saying their opinions (which I don't actually agree with, by the way) are being based on just one game is so disingenuous.

Miltstar
12-21-2011, 08:38 AM
I've noticed a lot of people have been saying many things which quite frankly dont make sense. After one loss or one win, a certain team is now really deep, a contender, or now fading away. This is just an example: Just the other day the clippers beat the lakers, and several threads appear saying :

" Are the lakers done"
" Is deandre jordan worth the money
" are the clippers contenders"
"what do the lakers do now"

I just want to say, relax guys its one game, let the season carry out. There will be times when good teams lose.. badly. There will be times when bad teams win well but arent consistant. Please, refrain from making threads like the ones mentioned above., its quite frankly annoying, let the season actually play out and NEVER assume a team is done after one loss or win.

This goes for other teams and other games, please hold back and actually watch the season before making abrupt assumptions about teams.

you know what's even worse than those threads? Threads complaining about them. EVEN MORE POINTLESS!! :facepalm:

mttwlsn16
12-21-2011, 08:51 AM
^ what that guy said

3ballbomber
12-21-2011, 09:06 AM
How do u 'overact'?

YoungOne
12-21-2011, 09:16 AM
this forum is all about overreaction...

Badluck33
12-21-2011, 10:38 AM
i doubt Lakers make playoffs. Bynum being gone for 5 games in a an already shortened season is gonna hurt. Lakers now lack depth and behind the Celtics and Spurs, they are one of the oldest teams in NBA.

Iron24th
12-21-2011, 10:41 AM

Yep,until another trade is coming,this trade was bad.

tcav701
12-21-2011, 10:49 AM
It is a story because they Clippers and Lakers are two of the teams that never seem to go through phases.

The Clippers are always bad and the lakers are always good.

Thats why this projected reversal of fate, especially in the same city is so interesting.

BALLER R
12-21-2011, 10:50 AM

Every Laker fan and Kobe would agree

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Take a chill pill?

your sig is like 4x times over the regulations:laugh2:

CousinsEvansDUO
12-21-2011, 10:57 AM
I agree that most people are overreacting but you can't deny the fact that the Lakers have become weak. When I look at that team all I see is a former decent player, another former above average player, a center who is worst than Greg Oden, and a bunch of overpaid bench-warmers lying to their coach trying to pretend to have talent which they've never even had in the first place.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2011, 10:57 AM
i doubt Lakers make playoffs. Bynum being gone for 5 games in a an already shortened season is gonna hurt. Lakers now lack depth and behind the Celtics and Spurs, they are one of the oldest teams in NBA.

I agree that most people are overreacting but you can't deny the fact that the Lakers have become weak. When I look at that team all I see is a former decent player, another former above average player, a center who is worst than Greg Oden, and a bunch of overpaid bench-warmers lying to their coach trying to pretend to have talent which they've never even had in the first place.

http://www.google.ee/imgres?q=not+sure+if+trolling&um=1&hl=et&sa=N&biw=1680&bih=917&tbm=isch&tbnid=z7WwkrPx7EYhkM:&imgrefurl=http://diylol.com/meme-generator/trumped/memes/not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid&docid=H9W1PbLTzwHWOM&imgurl=http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/b26/deb/f63/resized/trumped-meme-generator-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid-ef5e0f.jpg%253F1303872423.jpg&w=510&h=395&ei=xfPxTo21NoubOoinvbYB&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1380&vpy=144&dur=1549&hovh=198&hovw=255&tx=178&ty=94&sig=106572851785063477446&page=1&tbnh=128&tbnw=139&start=0&ndsp=45&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0

CousinsEvansDUO
12-21-2011, 11:03 AM
http://www.google.ee/imgres?q=not+sure+if+trolling&um=1&hl=et&sa=N&biw=1680&bih=917&tbm=isch&tbnid=z7WwkrPx7EYhkM:&imgrefurl=http://diylol.com/meme-generator/trumped/memes/not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid&docid=H9W1PbLTzwHWOM&imgurl=http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/b26/deb/f63/resized/trumped-meme-generator-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid-ef5e0f.jpg%253F1303872423.jpg&w=510&h=395&ei=xfPxTo21NoubOoinvbYB&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1380&vpy=144&dur=1549&hovh=198&hovw=255&tx=178&ty=94&sig=106572851785063477446&page=1&tbnh=128&tbnw=139&start=0&ndsp=45&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0

Honestly it's not even funny you are seriously blind as HELL. The lakers have deteriorated so harshly this offseason it's ridiculous. Their team is worst than the Grizzlies, worst than the Warriors, Worst than the Clippers, Worst than the Mavs. They're most likely even worst than the kings now. Only the Suns are going to be worst than the lakers this season. I see the lakers getting ~45% wins this season and going down steeply next season to around 32% and becoming a lottery team.

tcav701
12-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Honestly it's not even funny you are seriously blind as HELL. The lakers have deteriorated so harshly this offseason it's ridiculous. Their team is worst than the Grizzlies, worst than the Warriors, Worst than the Clippers, Worst than the Mavs. They're most likely even worst than the kings now. Only the Suns are going to be worst than the lakers this season. I see the lakers getting ~45% wins this season and going down steeply next season to around 32% and becoming a lottery team.

You are just adorable.

AndyfromNeptune
12-21-2011, 11:08 AM
2 months ago I would have begged for a thread like this ! :p

CUZ THAT MEANS BASKETBALL IS REALLY BACK ! <33333333333333333333333

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2011, 12:19 PM

1 preseason game does this, funny ****:laugh2:

TylerSL
12-21-2011, 12:34 PM

LOL, name me 8 west teams that are better than the Lakers? I can give you 4 or arguablly 5

1.OKC
2.Dallas
3.Los Angeles Clippers
4.Memphis
5.San Antonio/Los Angeles Lakers
6.Los Angeles Lakers/San Antonio
7.Golden State
8.Houston

thats how I see the West this year, but no way the Lakers dont make the playoffs unless injury.

RLundi
12-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Pointless thread.

If you want to reassure yourself that the Lakers are still contenders, fine. But do it in the Lakers forum.

TylerSL
12-21-2011, 12:42 PM

Thats rediculous.......

The Lakers are not, NOT the team they were 2 years ago, and are probably not a title team at this point. However, you are right on 2 things, the Mavericks, and Grizzlies are both better than the Lakers. But the Warriors are not, and in no way is Sacramento better than LA, thats just you being a homer.....

I see the Lakers with like 42-45 wins this season if they are healthy. If injury they could miss the playoffs.

sixer04fan
12-21-2011, 12:48 PM
*over react, not overact

thread title..

The Final Boss
12-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Me too. He was the energy off the bench. A very similar role as Jason Terry.
Come out every night and bring the offense.

lol Odom is a fraud, man.

thekmp211
12-21-2011, 01:45 PM
the clippers ARE deep. the lakers bench IS thin.

mcroberts and co. aren't magically going to become player that they have never been in their entire career.

nothing is set in in stone but you'd just be dumb to not make those observations.

thekmp211
12-21-2011, 01:47 PM

i can't wait til jimmer gets shut down and the kings start losing. i hope you will be so passionate then as well. cause it's gonna start happening real soon.

Sadds The Gr8
12-21-2011, 02:48 PM
you know what's even worse than those threads? Threads complaining about them. EVEN MORE POINTLESS!! :facepalm:
+1

your sig is like 4x times over the regulations:laugh2:
lol yea :laugh2:

LGhost
12-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Speculation is the fun part of basketball for some people.

Hawkeye15
12-21-2011, 03:02 PM
well, that is typical of fans who are young to just over-react to everything.

Have the Lakers gotten worse on paper? Yes. Games aren't played on paper.
Have the Mavs gotten worse on paper? Yes. Read above.

This will be a unique season to begin with. Teams like the Nuggets, Bulls, and even my Wolves, will win more games than percentage wise than they would in an 82 game season due to depth for instance. Teams like the Celtics are going to look much worse than they really are with the grueling schedule upcoming.

But it is ridiculous to evaluate anything after 2 preseason games.

Hawkeye15
12-21-2011, 03:04 PM

I have never made a sig bet, but I am so tempted to sig bet you that the Kings are in the bottom 4 in the west...

sixer04fan
12-21-2011, 03:04 PM
While I can never count out the Lakers with Kobe at the helm, they do look like they are in serious trouble in terms of being able to legitimately contend this year.

1. Kobe isn't getting any younger, and let's be honest it's not like he can improve his game anymore
2. You have replaced Phil Jackson with Mike Brown, which is probably the most overlooked news of the Lakers offseason
3. The Lakers have the worst depth out of any of the teams that can call themselves a contender (besides the Knicks, if you consider them a contender, which I do not)

sixer04fan
12-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Wait, some moron actually thinks the Kings are going to be better than the Lakers this year? Wowww...

Can a Lakers fan PLEASE sig bet this guy?! Or a perma-ban bet?! Get this dumb *** out of here.

Raph12
12-21-2011, 03:21 PM
It's the first games since the beginning of summer, so what if fans want to dissect every moment, cut them some slack.

FriedTofuz
12-21-2011, 05:25 PM
My bad people I spelt Over-react wrong. It was 4:30 am Cut me some slack? Anyways, this wasnt a laker thread , it was merly a thread to advise people to not jump to conclutions right away. Its been annoying seeing threads like" Clippers top team " "are the lakers done" like that all day after one game and I just decided to make a thread. If you find it pointless, okay then, thats your opinion, but if you dont have anything positive to contribute, you dont have to waste your time to post?

Hawkeye15
12-21-2011, 05:28 PM
My bad people I spelt Over-react wrong. It was 4:30 am Cut me some slack? Anyways, this wasnt a laker thread , it was merly a thread to advise people to not jump to conclutions right away. Its been annoying seeing threads like" Clippers top team " "are the lakers done" like that all day after one game and I just decided to make a thread. If you find it pointless, okay then, thats your opinion, but if you dont have anything positive to contribute, you dont have to waste your time to post?

dude, young fans will always over-reacte to preseason crap and meaningless signings. Its just the way it is.

As I said, sure we can GUESS which teams/players will rise and fall this year. But until real games start being played, its all just that, a guess.

SteveNash
12-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Yes
No
Yes
Move to Seattle

FriedTofuz
12-21-2011, 06:50 PM
dude, young fans will always over-reacte to preseason crap and meaningless signings. Its just the way it is.

As I said, sure we can GUESS which teams/players will rise and fall this year. But until real games start being played, its all just that, a guess.

I agree, thats true. However, it actually just isnt young fans, it tends to be grown up mature people who are homers which think this way too.