PDA

View Full Version : Jimmer Fredette

asandhu23
12-21-2011, 01:24 AM
Jesus H Christ. He could be the steal of the draft this year.

12 points 3 rebounds 4 assists.

Last time he had... 21 points off 7-11 shooting with 4-6 three points. 4 rebounds 4 assists...

Arch Stanton
12-21-2011, 01:26 AM
It's still only the preseason. Give it some time.

DerekRE_3
12-21-2011, 01:27 AM
Smart player. Makes the right decisions on offense. Can create his own shot. Defense is the only question mark in my mind. Considering it was a weak draft, I'll take him all day at #10.

asandhu23
12-21-2011, 01:28 AM
It's still only the preseason. Give it some time.

Still... he is lighting it up...

thekmp211
gotta wait til the regular season, but he has looked good. this draft class might surprise some people before it's all said and done. you can count me among the jimmer skeptics.

Raps08-09 Champ
Can lottery picks be steals?

Arch Stanton
12-21-2011, 01:29 AM
Still... he is lighting it up...

He's talented. Should be exciting to watch in Sacramento.

thekmp211

absolutely. Amar'e Stoudemire at #9 was the steal of his draft class.

seikou8
Jesus H Christ. He could be the steal of the draft this year.

12 points 3 rebounds 4 assists.

Last time he had... 21 points off 7-11 shooting with 4-6 three points. 4 rebounds 4 assists...

dont think number 10 pick is steal about like a late rounder he all knew he could shoot can he play that when defenses start playing for real come regular season time

Hawkeye15
12-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Prefer to evaluate him in the regular season. I see nothing more than a dynamic role player.

DerekRE_3

Yes. Michael Jordan was a steal at #3. Basically Jimmer is the white, 6'2, mormon version of MJ.

asandhu23

Lottery pick in a "weakest draft in years" can be a steal.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-21-2011, 01:32 AM
I guess. But personally, I don't consider a lottery pick a steal. I mean you're suppose to be good if you get drafted in the lottery.

On another note, I beat the Lakers using the Raptors in 2k12 online! :win:

asandhu23
12-21-2011, 01:32 AM
Klay Thompson on the other hand....

7 points 2-13 0-6 from the three

5 rebounds

3 assists

4 steals...

1 block

jimbobjarree
12-21-2011, 01:35 AM
JimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJi mmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimm erJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmer JimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJi mmer

The_Jamal
12-21-2011, 01:37 AM
JimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJi mmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimm erJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmer JimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJimmerJi mmer

^

Arch Stanton
12-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Is it JimmerTime already? It's not even March.

jmoney85
12-21-2011, 01:41 AM
marshon brooks will be the steal of the draft

seikou8
12-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Yes. Michael Jordan was a steal at #3. Basically Jimmer is the white, 6'2, mormon version of MJ.

mj was steal wow do poeple know wat a steal is jimmer was considered a top 10 draft pick therfore he is not a steal.

billsftw
12-21-2011, 01:43 AM

get the **** out

Vincent
12-21-2011, 01:44 AM
Lottery pick in a "weakest draft in years" can be a steal.

I think this draft is kind of underrated, it's probably not as bad as people have touted it to be.

DerekRE_3
12-21-2011, 01:47 AM
get the **** out

True, Jimmer is better. He can actually shoot coming into the league.

socalswag24
12-21-2011, 01:50 AM
should be exciting to see how this kings team works... should be dope

RaiderKid318
12-21-2011, 01:51 AM

:facepalm: god I wish mods could ban people for dumbest comments of the year in here.

DerekRE_3
12-21-2011, 01:52 AM
:facepalm: god I wish mods could ban people for dumbest comments of the year in here.

That's mean and hurtful.

thekmp211
12-21-2011, 01:54 AM
True, Jimmer is better. He can actually shoot coming into the league.

this one got me.

RaiderKid318
12-21-2011, 01:55 AM
That's mean and hurtful.

Truth hurts homer :p

DerekRE_3
12-21-2011, 01:56 AM
Truth hurts homer :p

Not recognizing sarcasm hurts more I hear.

The_Jamal
12-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Yall got trolled

Yakuza
12-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Watch out for D williams and Ricky Rubio.

Bulls_fan90
12-21-2011, 02:00 AM
He's good, but not Shumpert good.

PleaseBeNice
12-21-2011, 02:05 AM
Pleasantly surprised at how well he's doing. More than I though he would do, and i thought he would do good

HOZ THE KNICK
12-21-2011, 02:06 AM
He's good, but not Shumpert good.

shumpert from Chicago?

Bulls_fan90
12-21-2011, 02:09 AM
shumpert from Chicago?

From Illinois I believe.

HOZ THE KNICK
12-21-2011, 02:11 AM
From Illinois I believe.

i knew he grew up a bulls fan thxs..

Sinestro
12-21-2011, 02:27 AM
Ehhhh I think he's a little too much in the Ben Gordon role

CousinsEvansDUO
12-21-2011, 02:34 AM
For all those idiotic morons out there that thought he was just going to be a role player need to slap themselves in the face and realize the dynamic truth.

CousinsEvansDUO
12-21-2011, 02:36 AM

I wish mods could ban idiotic fools that are not optimistic. Jimmer is a rookie, yet he is playing like a seasoned vet. Smartest player on the team,. he's so amazing now watch how great he will be come regular season...the thing is he wasn't even getting the ball that much. His efficiency with the ball is just superb once the team starts to trust him he will be putting up John Stockton like numbers. Sit down child.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-21-2011, 02:42 AM
I wish mods could ban idiotic fools that are not optimistic. Jimmer is a rookie, yet he is playing like a seasoned vet. Smartest player on the team,. he's so amazing now watch how great he will be come regular season...the thing is he wasn't even getting the ball that much. His efficiency with the ball is just superb once the team starts to trust him he will be putting up John Stockton like numbers. Sit down child.

There's a difference between optimistic and riding a player.

He's great. I think he will be a top 3 ROY candicate this year.

But let's not hail him as the next great thing. After all, this is preseason.

thekmp211
12-21-2011, 02:44 AM

dude you're enthusiasm is .... commendable but jesus do you not understand that you are doing yourself no favors by making comments like this? you can't just slam anyone who doesn't think the sacramento kings have three future HoF players on their team. it only makes people want to disagree with you about 5000x more.

OC Knights #11
12-21-2011, 02:52 AM
Of course my team trades away talent....first Dirk then Allen and now Jimmer. How I dislike the Bucks right now.

AddiX
12-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Jimmer will put up stats, but never be on a winning team. Athletically amd defensively he is the worst in the NBA in the last 10 years. I'm nit exaggerating.

FarOutIos
12-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Yeah... the kid looks solid so far. Reminds me of Bibby a little from the glory days. Thats probably the best guess as how good he can become. His defense is a little suspect, but his shooting is solid.

Solid role starter... If that makes sense.

AddiX
12-21-2011, 02:55 AM
Ps I'm not hating at all, he use to play ball in my area for the city rocks and his pops use to bring him to the prisons to play ball, I've known about him for years.

FarOutIos
12-21-2011, 02:56 AM
Jimmer will put up stats, but never be on a winning team. Athletically amd defensively he is the worst in the NBA in the last 10 years. I'm nit exaggerating.

I haven't finished watching the todays game yet... but he seemed to be very good at getting position and trying to get the charge. Doesn't seem quick enough to get many steals, but we'll see how his instincts pan out over time.

Boozerguy47
12-21-2011, 02:59 AM
I got him in the 15th round of my fantasy draft :)

Vincent
12-21-2011, 03:03 AM

lol John Stockton

CousinsEvansDUO
12-21-2011, 03:05 AM

What does being athletic have anything to do with being successful. This point proves how ridiculous these forums are. Steve Nash isn't athletic does that mean he sucks? And talking about defense.. I don't think you even watched either of the kings preseason games.. I have and I can tell you this: Jimmer did ABOVE AVERAGE for a 6'2 point guard. He contests shots, stays with his man and gives multiple efforts on making his opponent take the hardest shot possible. When you put that type of effort up I don't understand how you can deny that he plays defense. Plus I can't even stress enough that this is only the preseason and he is young.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-21-2011, 03:08 AM
What does being athletic have anything to do with being successful. This point proves how ridiculous these forums are. Steve Nash isn't athletic does that mean he sucks? And talking about defense.. I don't think you even watched either of the kings preseason games.. I have and I can tell you this: Jimmer did ABOVE AVERAGE for a 6'2 point guard. He contests shots, stays with his man and gives multiple efforts on making his opponent take the hardest shot possible. When you put that type of effort up I don't understand how you can deny that he plays defense. Plus I can't even stress enough that this is only the preseason and he is young.

Then why are hailing him as Stockon like if it's only preseason?

AddiX
12-21-2011, 03:15 AM

Fine, if you want your star player to be the least athletic player in the NBA, and you actually think you can win with that, wait till you see what jimmer is.

He's incredibly slow flooted, has no straight line speed, no Upps, average at best handle and that's being very nice, and he is short.

He use to come to Albany to play ball on the normal, I've played against him, he played for city rocks and had a rival in my hometown, he's like a hero upstate. I, not hating on the guy one bit, but he HAS to be in a zone defense, because one on one he will get roasted, and the only real way he is getting buckets is off screens or against lazy defenders.

He is incredibly unathletic at the NBA level, and it's going to show. He might put up good #s but it's going to come at a major cost.

sjbirds
12-21-2011, 03:15 AM

steve nash is pretty dam athletic... he was a d1 soccer player also...also you said he is smartest player on team... not hard with cousins and evens on the team... he may be a good player but cmon its 2 preseaon games... wait til allstar game or something to say how good he is...

JEDean89
12-21-2011, 03:34 AM
he looks like a great 6th man coming in off the bench and dropping 15ppg in 25-30 mins. you don't need to play defense to be a contributor though it helps. i haven't seen him play in the nba yet but his range and shot is undeniable.

Taimla
12-21-2011, 03:38 AM
he looks good, and he looks good in a bad system... i mean... yeah Evans is good player, but thorton??? yea he made a big shot, but hes just not a smart bb player... to selfish, dont like hes game a bit. I'm realy suprised that hes found hes way with guys like Thorton,Evans,Salmons and cousins who are not the guys who can feed when you feeling it.
I mean even today, he was hot and feeling it but they just didn't give him the ball when he was wide open, just cousins,thorton and evans shooting fade awey jumpers.

Suns would been perfect fit for him, he would realy grow a star in there.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-21-2011, 03:39 AM
I'm sorry but 12/3/4 isn't that great...

thekmp211
12-21-2011, 03:43 AM
he looks good, and he looks good in a bad system... i mean... yeah Evans is good player, but thorton??? yea he made a big shot, but hes just not a smart bb player... to selfish, dont like hes game a bit. I'm realy suprised that hes found hes way with guys like Thorton,Evans,Salmons and cousins who are not the guys who can feed when you feeling it.
I mean even today, he was hot and feeling it but they just didn't give him the ball when he was wide open, just cousins,thorton and evans shooting fade awey jumpers.

Suns would been perfect fit for him, he would realy grow a star in there.

in fairness thornton was a stud for sacto last year, and he probably feels some pressure from the new contract/jimmer pressure. that said, i agree that the kings have too many shoot-first players. once they determine the most effective ones, they would be best served flipping some of the other guys for better complementary pieces.

Sactown
12-21-2011, 03:58 AM
Jimmer is very athletic and is average on the defensive end. Like Westphal said "If Jimmer wasn't getting it done on the defensive end, he wouldn't of been playing in the 4th", but he did, and he was left in the game. His presence spaces the floor and will help Tyreke and DMC penetrate. He has the vision to be a good passer, but the problem is he sometimes doesn't deliver the ball properly, but that could be chemistry issues and not understanding the offense. I WAS really happy with his game

Bulls_fan90
12-21-2011, 04:14 AM
I got him in the 15th round of my fantasy draft :)

I took that scrub Brandon Knight over Jimmer. Big mistake.

Raph12
12-21-2011, 04:25 AM
Reminds me of Nate Robinson, maybe smarter though...

Switch
12-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Kings fans make me laugh. John Stockton? Are you serious? :facepalm:

SeoulBeatz
12-21-2011, 05:58 AM
lol John Stockton

Wrong comparison.

Think a poor man's Gilbert Arenas in his prime.... if that makes any sense at all.

That's not an insult btw, they play the same way. I'm rooting for Jimmer because he has so many doubters. I think he could be a real weapon off the bench.

abe_froman
12-21-2011, 06:01 AM
Reminds me of Nate Robinson, maybe smarter though...

doesnt have the hops that nate did

he has alot of doubters(think its dumb) but think he'll have a couple 6th man awards in his future. the man can flat out score

FarOutIos
12-21-2011, 06:03 AM
steve nash is pretty dam athletic... he was a d1 soccer player also...also you said he is smartest player on team... not hard with cousins and evens on the team... he may be a good player but cmon its 2 preseaon games... wait til allstar game or something to say how good he is...

Nash is pretty damn athletic? Now I don't know how you can relate his combine testing... but seems to me like Nash is really just good at lane agility.

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba-draft-combine-athleticism-testing

From these numbers, you can see that Jimmer is also great at lane agility. Ranks among the top of the draft class in this stat. Also, he has a great bench press number for his position...

Obviously, his weakness is his jumping ability.

sf-fanatic
12-21-2011, 06:35 AM
What's with all these threads after preseason games?

First Shumpert, then Deandre, now Jimmer. Whos next Biyombo?

John Walls Era
12-21-2011, 06:52 AM
He was Vegas' 2nd fave to win ROY. Hes a quality player and one thing that always translate to the NBA is shooting.

GoferKing_
12-21-2011, 06:55 AM
Damn funny, you ppl argue over a preseason games... Give him time to develop. At worst he could be Mike Bibby 2.0 and that isn't so bad, or could develop into next Nash, Kidd, Stock. Point is, nobody knows that how he will pan out. Give him time before praise or criticism. And just chill.xD

Kyle N.
12-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Wrong comparison.

Think a poor man's Gilbert Arenas in his prime.... if that makes any sense at all.

That's not an insult btw, they play the same way. I'm rooting for Jimmer because he has so many doubters. I think he could be a real weapon off the bench.

That's not a terrible comparison actually. Gilbert used to be able to shoot from ANYWHERE.

Cromedome
12-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Jimmer Fredette is a poor man's Steve Novak.

GrandDaddyPurp
12-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Jimmer will be a great player for the Kings but probably not ROY since there's just so much other talent on this team. Irving will likely get ROY because of the team he is on and he will have stats in every category.

Daunter
12-21-2011, 08:09 AM
I want to see him try and guard Rose,Westbrook,Rondo,Paul and Deron.Trying to guard those guys might also affect his offense,right now to me Jimmer is a solid 6th man.

CousinsEvansDUO
12-21-2011, 09:20 AM
I want to see him try and guard Rose,Westbrook,Rondo,Paul and Deron.Trying to guard those guys might also affect his offense,right now to me Jimmer is a solid 6th man.

Steph Curry isn't in that category? Jimmer guarded Curry better than Thornton did and thornton is a solid defender. So I don't know what your point is.

12-21-2011, 09:41 AM

He's actually a pretty decent perimeter defender for his size......

Daunter
12-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Steph Curry isn't in that category? Jimmer guarded Curry better than Thornton did and thornton is a solid defender. So I don't know what your point is.

Curry is nowhere near as strong as those guys,he's just a great outside shooter.

Vincent
12-21-2011, 10:17 AM

I dunno what game you were watching, Steph Curry and Jimmer took turns lighting each other up.

Jimmer's defense on Curry was really poor. And Steph didn't close out on Jimmer from 2-3 feet beyond the three point line.

CousinsEvansDUO
12-21-2011, 10:54 AM
I dunno what game you were watching, Steph Curry and Jimmer took turns lighting each other up.

Jimmer's defense on Curry was really poor. And Steph didn't close out on Jimmer from 2-3 feet beyond the three point line.

Your clueless if you honestly believe a 6'2 guard 'which previously did not know a word such as defense even existed' would be capable of playing spot on lock-down defense right away. From what he did the last 2 games I'd say was incredible. Given the ridiculous prejudice he's received, Jimmer more than accomplished his and every body else's expectations regarding defense. What's important is the building blocks and the will to improve. Jimmer has already proven he has the desire and will to compete and improve, and he has shown he has the building blocks on defense to increase his intensity. Stop fantasizing about him being a bad defender and step into reality for a moment, it's much brighter.

tcav701
12-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Your clueless if you honestly believe a 6'2 guard 'which previously did not know a word such as defense even existed' would be capable of playing spot on lock-down defense right away. From what he did the last 2 games I'd say was incredible. Given the ridiculous prejudice he's received, Jimmer more than accomplished his and every body else's expectations regarding defense. What's important is the building blocks and the will to improve. Jimmer has already proven he has the desire and will to compete and improve, and he has shown he has the building blocks on defense to increase his intensity. Stop fantasizing about him being a bad defender and step into reality for a moment, it's much brighter.

Hey dude,

Are the kings winning the Championship this year?

sjbirds
12-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Nash is pretty damn athletic? Now I don't know how you can relate his combine testing... but seems to me like Nash is really just good at lane agility.

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba-draft-combine-athleticism-testing

From these numbers, you can see that Jimmer is also great at lane agility. Ranks among the top of the draft class in this stat. Also, he has a great bench press number for his position...

Obviously, his weakness is his jumping ability.

numbers dont mean much but if you are a d1 soccer player and thought about going pro... and you turn into an all pro bball player that seems pretty athletic to me

WeBallin
12-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah i was sayin his game would translate to the NBA pretty well, His outside shooting is remarkable! which is always gonna give him an advantage to put the ball on the floor which he does well, plus he a tough kid. Watch out Jimmer may be Rookie of the year if given the proper minutes...

KnicksR4Real
12-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Role player :yawn:

WeBallin
12-21-2011, 12:05 PM

yeah u would know the Knicks got a team full of them...LOL He's defintely better then Toney Douglas!!! HAHAHAHA

CousinsEvansDUO
12-21-2011, 12:13 PM

How is this guy a role player when he just destroyed Currys ankles today? He will be wrecking Iman's, Rondos and CP3s ankles as well as every other guard that trys to guard him this season.

tcav701
12-21-2011, 12:15 PM
How is this guy a role player when he just destroyed Currys ankles today? He will be wrecking Iman's, Rondos and CP3s ankles as well as every other guard that trys to guard him this season.

Do you actually believe your own posts?

sep11ie
12-21-2011, 12:18 PM
He hasn't even had his growth spurt yet!

CousinsEvansDUO
12-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Do you actually believe your own posts?

Is this a trick question? I don't understand what point your trying to make. Point I'm making is Curry had to be carried out on a stretcher to the hospital after failing to stay in front of him. He was playing bad defense and payed for it, how about you complain about Currys bad defense not Jimmer because Jimmer isn't the one getting his ankles broken.

tcav701
12-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Is this a trick question? I don't understand what point your trying to make. Point I'm making is Curry had to be carried out on a stretcher to the hospital after failing to stay in front of him. He was playing bad defense and payed for it, how about you complain about Currys bad defense not Jimmer because Jimmer isn't the one getting his ankles broken.

We need to get you an award.

jimbobjarree
12-21-2011, 12:25 PM
CED is blatantly a derek dupe

avon_barksdale
12-21-2011, 12:32 PM
the next great white hope.... howd adam morrison work out? gordon haywood? hansborough? jo alexander? hawes? luke jackson?

this aint he west coast conference jimmer

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2011, 12:32 PM

Curry has had ankle problems all of his NBA career dude

Vincent
12-21-2011, 12:40 PM

Wow you're bat-**** crazy

ewing
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
the next great white hope.... howd adam morrison work out? gordon haywood? hansborough? jo alexander? hawes? luke jackson?

joe alexander is white?

Vincent
12-21-2011, 12:55 PM

Kevin Love turned out ok.

DerekRE_3
12-21-2011, 01:25 PM
CED is blatantly a derek dupe

Shhhhhhh

sjbirds
12-21-2011, 01:51 PM
joe alexander is white?

i believe he is talking about the kid that went to wvu...

Master Mind
12-21-2011, 02:12 PM
#TeamMarcusThornton :shrug:

avon_barksdale
12-21-2011, 02:26 PM
joe alexander is white?

yea he white

Kevin Love turned out ok.

aigght ill give u love, he pretty nice n i forgot bout him

CityofTreez
12-21-2011, 02:31 PM
One thing is certain about Jim. He has one of the best shots/releases in this draft class. Jim can stroke it!

DerekRE_3
12-21-2011, 02:33 PM
#TeamMarcusThornton :shrug:

Thornton is already in mid season form. Guy is the real deal. He's got the clutch gene that you cannot learn.

Oefarmy2005
12-21-2011, 02:33 PM
One thing is certain about Jim. He has one of the best shots/releases in this draft class. Jim can stroke it!

That's what he said... On a serious note - he is a role player, nothing more and nothing less.

DerekRE_3
12-21-2011, 02:43 PM
That's what he said... On a serious note - he is a role player, nothing more and nothing less.

Always smart to decide what a player is going to be before he's
Played a regular season game.

MrfadeawayJB
12-21-2011, 02:48 PM
He is who i thought he was!!!

Eddie House/ Mark Price

Hawkeye15
12-21-2011, 02:49 PM
For all those idiotic morons out there that thought he was just going to be a role player need to slap themselves in the face and realize the dynamic truth.

Its freakin' preseason dude. Anyone who thinks Jimmer will be more than a dynamic role player is setting themselves up for disappointment. Why don't you let some of the season unfold before you make claims.

Here is the thing with Jimmer. His defense is so horrible, even if he averages 15 ppg as a rookie, you know he will be giving up at least that on the other end. Does that make him good? No, it makes him a one way player on a potentially bad team.

I think trying to call out haters after 2 preseason games is completely idiotic. ITS PRESEASON. Hell the Wolves were 6-2 and whipped the Lakers last year in the preseason. How did that turn on.

Sactown
12-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Its freakin' preseason dude. Anyone who thinks Jimmer will be more than a dynamic role player is setting themselves up for disappointment. Why don't you let some of the season unfold before you make claims.

Contradicting statements?

Here is the thing with Jimmer. His defense is so horrible, even if he averages 15 ppg as a rookie, you know he will be giving up at least that on the other end. Does that make him good? No, it makes him a one way player on a potentially bad team.
He isn't horrible defensively... he actually surprised me a little with how solid he was, if you actually watched the game, which I'm doubting at this point you would have seen that, as well as the post game conference with Westphal, where the coach said "If Jimmer wasn't getting it done on the defensive end of the floor, I wouldn't of left him out there"

I think trying to call out haters after 2 preseason games is completely idiotic. ITS PRESEASON. Hell the Wolves were 6-2 and whipped the Lakers last year in the preseason. How did that turn on.
I actually agree with this

ichitownclowni
12-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Teach me how to Jimmer

Hawkeye15
12-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Contradicting statements?

He isn't horrible defensively... he actually surprised me a little with how solid he was, if you actually watched the game, which I'm doubting at this point you would have seen that, as well as the post game conference with Westphal, where the coach said "If Jimmer wasn't getting it done on the defensive end of the floor, I wouldn't of left him out there"

I actually agree with this

I am giving my prediction that I have held for a year, not basing it off 2 preseason games, so no, not contradicting.

He is horrible defensively. I am basing it off watching his college games and his upside size wise and athletic wise. I haven't seen a Kings preseason game, no.

I just think that Kings fans should try and be rational about the guy, instead of setting themselves up for possible/likely disappointment. I have nothing against Jimmer, but unfortunately you guys have a fan on this site that is ludicrous when it comes to the Kings. He thinks you are one year from a championship.

I saw Jimmer as a slightly more athletic , better range, Bobby Jackson basically, or even Anthony Peeler, and I see no reason to change my opinion until I see him play in a fair amount of NBA games.

$KnicksAndKobe$
12-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Bobby Jackson can ball

Master Mind
12-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Thornton is already in mid season form. Guy is the real deal. He's got the clutch gene that you cannot learn.

Glad I drafted him

billsftw
12-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Always smart to decide what a player is going to be before he's
Played a regular season game.

says the guy who claims Thornton is "clutch" and in "midseason form" :facepalm:

Sactown
12-21-2011, 04:05 PM

He appears to be in mid season physical shape.. something pretty obvious, and Thornton was hitting big time shots last season for the Kings.. don't understand the facepalm

Rego247
12-21-2011, 04:11 PM
The Jimmer needs to do it up big this year. He's on my fantasy team.

DerekRE_3
12-21-2011, 04:20 PM

Thornton isn't a rookie.

seikou8
12-21-2011, 04:32 PM
yeah u would know the Knicks got a team full of them...LOL He's defintely better then Toney Douglas!!! HAHAHAHA

knicks also have amare and melo better than any player on the kings roster are kings competeing for ac hampionship or to get 20 wins. toney douglas is not better then jimmer but there not that far off

sf-fanatic
12-21-2011, 04:34 PM

ok the kings are championship contenders

sf-fanatic
12-21-2011, 04:35 PM

curry has had ankle problems and had surgery this offseason...

sf-fanatic
12-21-2011, 04:37 PM

kings got quite a steal in that trade

GrandDaddyPurp
12-21-2011, 04:48 PM
knicks also have amare and melo better than any player on the kings roster are kings competeing for ac hampionship or to get 20 wins. toney douglas is not better then jimmer but there not that far off

What the hell is your point? The players aren't out there playing 1v1. The Knicks have a loaded roster and haven't proved ANYTHING. I suggest you just stop speculating and start talking when the Knicks actually win a title. As of right now, the Kings and Knicks are in the same boat.

RaiderKid318
12-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Not recognizing sarcasm hurts more I hear.

Lol obviously smart guy :facepalm:. That made my day thank you :D

CityofTreez
12-21-2011, 04:54 PM
curry has had ankle problems and had surgery this offseason...

Only Jim could reaggravate those flimsy ankles for revenge after Game 1. :nod:

tcav701
12-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Jimmer is already the Tebow of the NBA.

RaiderKid318
12-21-2011, 05:05 PM

Homer of the year award goes to.... :win:CousinsEvansDUO:win:

Sit down and shut up. I was saying he is nothing and never will be anything like MJ. We said nothing about Stockton who is still a HUGE stretch seeing as its the preseason lmfao! We were talking about the greatest player of all time being compared to a rookie after a few preseason games. He isn't even the best player at his position in the draft lol. Sit down child some people have the ability to take off the homer goggles and realize its too early

theDISH
12-21-2011, 05:07 PM

:facepalm::facepalm: and the dynamic truth is? its the PRESEASON, it doesnt count. get real dude

GrandDaddyPurp
12-21-2011, 05:10 PM

Sit down and shut up. I was saying he is nothing and never will be anything like MJ. We said nothing about Stockton who is still a HUGE stretch seeing as its the preseason lmfao! We were talking about the greatest player of all time being compared to a rookie after a few preseason games. He isn't even the best player at his position in the draft lol. Sit down child some people have the ability to take off the homer goggles and realize its too early

Lol I wonder who uses the computer standing up. :laugh2:

sf-fanatic
12-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Only Jim could reaggravate those flimsy ankles for revenge after Game 1. :nod:

Jimmer will also send out Chris Paul, Amare, and Oden to retirement with Brandon Roy !

sf-fanatic
12-21-2011, 05:26 PM

this :win: :win:

RaiderKid318
12-21-2011, 05:30 PM

Eh more so laying down with jurgens lotion, a box of Kleenex, some lit candles, and some nice relaxing music ;)

Hawkeye15
12-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Eh more so laying down with jurgens lotion, a box of Kleenex, some lit candles, and some nice relaxing music ;)

Michael Bolton relaxing, or Marvin Gaye relaxing?

Tom Stone
12-21-2011, 05:40 PM

I agree.......it looked like the team doesn't respect him yet.....he is the most efficient guy on the floor.......Evans better realize his team has talent....it's not a one man show anymore...I told everyone Jimmer was worthy of the Firth pick.......I'm happy with Jonas....but Jimmer will be good.

RaiderKid318
12-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Michael Bolton relaxing, or Marvin Gaye relaxing?

Eh when I'm kind of down or upset I like Bolton's version of "when a man loves a woman", but when I am feeling extra naughty I get bad with some Marvin Gaye "Sexual Healing".

CityofTreez
12-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Jimmer will also send out Chris Paul, Amare, and Oden to retirement with Brandon Roy !

Send them out in Jimmer ritualistic form. Playing the orghan in the Church of Joseph Smith. Rotten tomatoes flying everywhere!

Hawkeye15
12-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Eh when I'm kind of down or upset I like Bolton's version of "when a man loves a woman", but when I am feeling extra naughty I get bad with some Marvin Gaye "Sexual Healing".

that's what I'm talking about.

thekmp211
12-21-2011, 06:10 PM

that's what I'm talking about.

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY

RaiderKid318
12-21-2011, 06:33 PM
^lmao nice touch

Kyle N.
12-21-2011, 07:08 PM
If I can paraphrase what CousinsEvansDUO is trying to say is that Jimmer has played better than expected defense so far in his first two preseason games and has been making good decisions on the court (better than some of the other Kings players). It is because of this CousinsEvansDUO feels optimistic that Jimmer has the chance to be a good player in this league.

jimbobjarree
12-22-2011, 01:31 AM

purp with the zinger :laugh2:

also jimbob > jimmer :shrug:

CityofTreez
12-22-2011, 01:33 AM
purp with the zinger :laugh2:

also jimbob > jimmer :shrug:

Don't flatter yourself!

Cal827
12-22-2011, 01:37 AM

CED DOES IT AGAIN:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

Confusious
12-22-2011, 01:53 AM
yes. michael jordan was a steal at #3. Basically jimmer is the white, 6'2, mormon version of mj.
#2...

thekmp211
12-22-2011, 02:05 AM
#2...

:o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_NBA_Draft

GrandDaddyPurp
12-22-2011, 03:18 AM
#2...

LOL you fail idiot !

PleaseBeNice
12-22-2011, 03:56 AM
Crucify us optimistic kings fans. how dare us

Wrigheyes4MVP
12-22-2011, 04:16 AM
I'll say one thing and one thing only about Jimmer...

The guy's jumper is legit. He might be a top 10 shooter in the NBA TODAY. Who knows how good he will be. Will he be a role player? Will he be a 6th man instant scorer? Will he be a super star?

There is no way to know right now, but all I know is that he is as good of a shooter as there is in this league. For that reason alone, he was worth the draft pick.

NYKalltheway
12-22-2011, 04:34 AM
#2...

#1 Hakeem
#2 Sam Bowie :facepalm:
#3 Jordan

the previous guy was correct

CityofTreez
12-22-2011, 04:52 AM
I'll say one thing and one thing only about Jimmer...

The guy's jumper is legit. He might be a top 10 shooter in the NBA TODAY. Who knows how good he will be. Will he be a role player? Will he be a 6th man instant scorer? Will he be a super star?

There is no way to know right now, but all I know is that he is as good of a shooter as there is in this league. For that reason alone, he was worth the draft pick.

This is one aspect that the NBA (fans) may not have realized quite yet because of preseason games. I can't wait until the fans witness his mechanics, and how easy it looks. CousinsEvansDUO mentioned his defense, but it looked like ****, but he also went up against a Curry/Ellis combo. His defense is still lackluster, but his shooting is phenomenal. I already said it before. When he shoots it, it just looks like Money once it's released.

sf-fanatic
12-22-2011, 06:13 AM
This is one aspect that the NBA (fans) may not have realized quite yet because of preseason games. I can't wait until the fans witness his mechanics, and how easy it looks. CousinsEvansDUO mentioned his defense, but it looked like ****, but he also went up against a Curry/Ellis combo. His defense is still lackluster, but his shooting is phenomenal. I already said it before. When he shoots it, it just looks like Money once it's released.

Agreed. I just think its downright ridiculous to compare him to Stockton, one of the best pgs ever, right now like CED did. As of now, Jimmer is a only knockdown shooter, but a damn good one. He won't have to do much creating since Tyreke is the primary ball handler.