PDA

View Full Version : First Power Rankings are now up

310Casper
12-20-2011, 06:33 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/powerrankings?ttag=gen10_on_all_fb_na_txt_0001

310Casper
12-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Surprised to see Memphis so high up at #7 in the league. They just lost Darell Arthur for the season today too (torn achilles).

Clippers went from 21 to 9 this offseason, impressive, sounds about right.

black1605
12-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Haha! Take THAT Raptors!

DaBUU
12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Memphis is gonna be tough, last season was no fluke. Flip #2 and #3 and I'm cool with it.

310Casper
12-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Nets at 27, wow.

"If there's no trade for Dwight Howard, this will be the greatest challenge of Deron Williams' career."

slyone_nyc
12-20-2011, 06:45 PM
knicks will be better than a few teams ahead of them, but 10th is a pretty fair assessment at this point. we haven't done anything yet.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Flip Pacers and Bulls and its good.

CostanzaNumba0
12-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Why are the Lakers so high? They are old and got much worse from last year

Dolfan305
12-20-2011, 06:48 PM
It's funny how some people will argue about the power rankings like they're the BCS.

D Roses Bulls
12-20-2011, 06:50 PM
flip number 2 and 3 an it looks good.

poleandreel
Number 19. What a guy

Dolfan305
I count 7 small basketball market teams in the top 15.

Matrix3132
12-20-2011, 06:52 PM
I count 7 small basketball market teams in the top 15.

how many big markets do you think there are?

DaBUU
12-20-2011, 06:52 PM

Lets just hope the heat are as healthy as they were last year, i'd love to see all that depth tested by injuries. Oh wait i forgot about the monumental signing of Battier, the perennial all star.

Bulls_fan90
12-20-2011, 06:53 PM
No way Miami should be 1. Dallas whooped them in the Finals. Dallas should be 1.

justinnum1
12-20-2011, 06:57 PM
no

justinnum1
12-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Looks good. Like those rankings.

lakers and spurs look a bit high

D Roses Bulls
12-20-2011, 07:00 PM
No way Miami should be 1. Dallas whooped them in the Finals. Dallas should be 1.

this

Kashmir13579
12-20-2011, 07:02 PM
this

Dallas lost their defensive anchor.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-20-2011, 07:02 PM

This is what Marion was talking about. No one acknowledges that we won. They say "Oh it's the past and the Heat were better anyway". They just talk about how the Heat are the greatest team ever and then the Thunder are by far better than Dallas and how LA is still much better.

I would go:

1. Dallas
2. Miami
3. Oklahoma City
4. Los Angeles Lakers
5. Chicago

as top 5

TO Rapz
12-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Good. #1 pick here we come!

D Roses Bulls
12-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Dallas lost their defensive anchor.

I really think people are over estimating Chandler. they also got Odom whichI think is an upgrade in over all skill set.

2doors
12-20-2011, 07:12 PM

losing butler(iknow he didnt play in the playoffs),losing chandler,adding VC and odom their veterans arent getting better, you either get better or get left behind.

ManRam
12-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Hopefully the Magic finish the season way higher than 13 (yeah right...) or way lower! I'm hoping for way lower! Suck-to-rebuild!

BrandoCommando
12-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Warriors getting no respect. :pity:

ManRam
12-20-2011, 07:21 PM

I think 20 is fair. They didn't get drastically better this off-season, and 20 is about where they were last year. I think they could squeak into the playoffs...but how much more respect do you want?

SeoulBeatz
12-20-2011, 07:25 PM

what have they done in the offseason that should make anybody think otherwise????

billsftw
12-20-2011, 07:28 PM

by that logic, the bulls should be like 17 spots below the heat...

MacFitz92
This is what Marion was talking about.

Sweep the Lakers, beat OKC in 5, Miami in 6, and start the season off with three teams ahead of us including two of the teams we beat.

Yeah, we lost JJ Barea and Tyson Chandler. But we also got Lamar Odom, Vince Carter, Delonte West, and even more importantly are two youngsters are healthy: Dominique Jones and Roddy Beaubois. They both finished with 17 points last preseason game and DoJo also finished with 7 dishes.

MacFitz92
This is what Marion was talking about.

Sweep the Lakers, beat OKC in 5, Miami in 6, and start the season off with three teams ahead of us including two of the teams we beat.

Yeah, we lost JJ Barea and Tyson Chandler. But we also got Lamar Odom, Vince Carter, Delonte West, and even more importantly are two youngsters are healthy: Dominique Jones and Roddy Beaubois. They both finished with 17 points last preseason game and DoJo also finished with 7 dishes.

PacersForLife
12-20-2011, 07:30 PM
I really think people are over estimating Chandler. they also got Odom whichI think is an upgrade in over all skill set.

I totally agree, everybody acts like Chandler is some kind of superstar. I know he was a big reason the Mavs won last year, but lets not forget there was this guy named Dirk Nowtzki on their team. Chandler might have averaged 10 pts 10 rebs, but those are some of his best numbers in his career and he's been in the league awhile now. Who knows, he could majorly improve them, but that's yet to be determined...

Geargo Wallace
12-20-2011, 07:33 PM
As a Raptors fan, I'm glad that I don't have to be let down this year. We can only overachieve!

Bulls_fan90
12-20-2011, 07:35 PM

No. By that logic Bulls should be 4. U mirin bro?

The Smurf
12-20-2011, 07:53 PM

This is madness. The rankings arent based on where the teams were at the beginning of last summer, when the finals were played. The rankings are based on where the author perceives teams to be going into this year. Ranking the Heat number 1 is the only reasonable answer. Dallas upset the Heat to win the championship. Dallas is not the same team with the same parts.

justinnum1
12-20-2011, 07:53 PM

lol

NYYCowboys
12-20-2011, 07:54 PM
The Lakers may not even be in the top 5 in the western conference let alone the entire league, and Boston is also overrated.

lakerboy
12-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Lakers should be #2. I don't know why people are so high on the Thunder.

Dade County
12-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Lets just hope the heat are as healthy as they were last year, i'd love to see all that depth tested by injuries. Oh wait i forgot about the monumental signing of Battier, the perennial all star.

You would love to see that.....:facepalm:

In your heart, the only way that you feel that your team can beat the HEAT, is by injuries; YOU WOULD JUMP FOR JOY.... sad

UD was injured 90% of the season, and miller couldn't stay in a game.

( I know all about the bulls injuries, so don't bring them up ) But I'm not the one coming out of no where, saying

Lets just hope the [B]heat are as healthy as they were last year, i'd love to see all that depth tested by injuries..

WTF is wrong with you.

Shouldn't you want both teams to be healthy and settle it on the court:confused:

beliges
12-20-2011, 08:08 PM
this

Miami has the most stacked team in the league. They are clearly more talented than anyone else, they are the favorites to win it all. They deserve the #1 spot.

justinnum1
12-20-2011, 08:12 PM

hell no lol...lakers are not top 5

VinceCarter
12-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Nets :laugh:

GhostfaceDrilla
12-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Miami has the most stacked team in the league. They are clearly more talented than anyone else, they are the favorites to win it all. They deserve the #1 spot.

Stacked? LMAO

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Haslem and then who? Miller sucks, Battier is a good defender but he is like 35 and can't do much else. I guess you can put Chalmers there? Good. Yes. Stacked. No.

DRose7
12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Bulls and Lakers are going nowhere! Sorry. Screw these rankings, Mavs should be ranked #1, but with the lose at center position I can understand a slight drop, but freakin Miami on top lmao wow (some things never change). Come playoff time, it will be Knicks Vs Heat for the East, and Mavs Vs Thunder/(maybe Memphis, judge is still out on the Clips) for the West

Bulls are still constrained offensively compared to Miami n Knicks
Lakers, well trading Odom pretty much sealed their fate (for now)

blahblahyoutoo
12-20-2011, 08:29 PM

who did dallas lose then look at who the heat gained.

Baller1
12-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Top 4 looks good to me.

BSplaya2121
12-20-2011, 08:32 PM

Why are the Celtics so high? they are old and got much worse from last year :bang: . I agree that the Kobe is getting older, but that team still has a fair amount of talent on it, even without odom. I mean the celtics are getting really old, and they lost jeff green for the year, and hopefully not to much longer.

bbcmillionaire
12-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Lol damn heat fans, this how it usually starts, bulls fans rejoice with our success and here cone the heat"fans" smh.

Anyways top 3
Dallas
Heat
Bulls

Dolfan305
12-20-2011, 08:39 PM
how many big markets do you think there are?

idk, maybe you can figure it out yourself. 15-7=?

beliges
12-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Stacked? LMAO

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Haslem and then who? Miller sucks, Battier is a good defender but he is like 35 and can't do much else. I guess you can put Chalmers there? Good. Yes. Stacked. No.

And then who? That makes them more stacked than anyone right there. Nobody has that kind of talent on their team.

1-800-STFU
12-20-2011, 08:54 PM
You would love to see that.....:facepalm:

In your heart, the only way that you feel that your team can beat the HEAT, is by injuries; YOU WOULD JUMP FOR JOY.... sad

UD was injured 90% of the season, and miller couldn't stay in a game.

( I know all about the bulls injuries, so don't bring them up ) But I'm not the one coming out of no where, saying

I could care less. I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality, because itís now like the pot calling the kettle cracked. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Irregardless, make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like itís a peach of cake. Except the fax.

latinofire21
12-20-2011, 09:05 PM
I could care less. I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality, because itís now like the pot calling the kettle cracked. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Irregardless, make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like itís a peach of cake. Except the fax.

Someone needs to see an english teacher stat!

Mr. 1-800 STFU, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

theheatles
12-20-2011, 09:07 PM
It's a downright disgrace that the rankings aren't displayed showing the heat at #1 and then show a considerable space drop off before the rest of the teams are listed, like such...

1. Miami Heat

2. Thunder
3. Bulls
4. Mavs
5. Lakers
etc.

you know!

:hide:

ManRam
12-20-2011, 09:11 PM
People get so worked up over crap like this. I don't get it?

Who cares how teams are ranked by a random person or two before the season even starts?

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/week/0

Look at that ****! Who cares?

gotoHcarolina52
12-20-2011, 09:13 PM

This

Also, the Knicks should be higher than 10.

latinofire21
12-20-2011, 09:27 PM
It's a downright disgrace that the rankings aren't displayed showing the heat at #1 and then show a considerable space drop off before the rest of the teams are listed, like such...

1. Miami Heat

2. Thunder
3. Bulls
4. Mavs
5. Lakers
etc.

you know!

lol that would work if the game was changed to 3 quarters. Since we are rating them on a full game the ratings should be

REST OF LEAGUE

Heat

But to be honest and realistic the Heat didnt improve all that much in the offseason. They added another "Mike Miller" type signing and hes injured already. If anything the fair place to put them is out of the top 5 and in the range of 5 - 10. Any team with depth and size will crush the heat. They just arent talented enough to win games against the big boys without a legit center.

RLundi
12-20-2011, 09:32 PM
I could care less. I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality, because it’s now like the pot calling the kettle cracked. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Irregardless, make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake. Except the fax.

:laugh2:

Dade County
12-20-2011, 10:06 PM

I could say so much... :laugh:

May Yahweh be with you.

ball4reel
12-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Miami
okc
dallas
bulls

Dade County
12-20-2011, 10:10 PM
lol that would work if the game was changed to 3 quarters. Since we are rating them on a full game the ratings should be

REST OF LEAGUE

Heat

But to be honest and realistic the Heat didnt improve all that much in the offseason. They added another "Mike Miller" type signing and hes injured already. If anything the fair place to put them is out of the top 5 and in the range of 5 - 10. Any team with depth and size will crush the heat. They just arent talented enough to win games against the big boys without a legit center.

ummmmmmmm........

So how did they get to the finals :confused:

And they are going to beat those same teams in the east, and make it to the Finals, and win it all (if thats whats supposed to happen.... I'm not God)

Who am i kidding, it's already been decided :D In the name of entertainment!

theheatles
12-20-2011, 10:10 PM

REST OF LEAGUE

Heat

:facepalm: the heat aren't bad in the 4th quarter, only 4th qtr issue was lebron coming up small in the 4th qtr in 4 games in the finals. heat dismantled the bulls and celtics and clearly have the best talent in the whole league. what big boys do you talk about? get your recycled mothership spewage out of here

ldawg
12-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Seeing Nets so low its no wonder Magic is in no hurry to trade with them. That mean they get crap in return. Lopez is not worth crap. Williams Playing with Lopez and still sit at the bottom. Not sure why Howard would leave Orlando to go to the Nets. Its not Like Him and Williams can beat the top teams in the East so he would be in the same boat. Why not move to the west Howard?

latinofire21
12-20-2011, 10:54 PM
:facepalm: the heat aren't bad in the 4th quarter, only 4th qtr issue was lebron coming up small in the 4th qtr in 4 games in the finals. heat dismantled the bulls and celtics and clearly have the best talent in the whole league. what big boys do you talk about? get your recycled mothership spewage out of here

Your right they are disgusting in the 4th quarter. They cant close games!

Trade Wade or Lebron for Dwight if you want to win a championship. "the big 3" are really looking like the "above average team".

dnewguy
12-20-2011, 10:57 PM
The Raptors are still too high IMO. Put 5 D league teams ahead of them.

BcEuAbRsS
12-20-2011, 10:59 PM
heat
thunder
bulls
mavs
knicks

thats right... knicks...

latinofire21
12-20-2011, 10:59 PM
ummmmmmmm........

So how did they get to the finals :confused:

And they are going to beat those same teams in the east, and make it to the Finals, and win it all (if thats whats supposed to happen.... I'm not God)

Who am i kidding, it's already been decided :D In the name of entertainment!

LOL i like your comments. You cant list Miami number 1 when they lost to Dallas.

That team isnt built to win a championship. not 7 not 6 not 5 not 4 not 3 not 2 not 1

They need a team. 2 superstars 1 dinosaur 1 mle vet and a bunch of d leaguers and rejects don't make you number 1 in the league. Im sorry to break it to you miami fans. All the rest of the east teams you competed with last year got vastly better and you pick up Shane Battier whos injured and Eddy Curry and thats going to put you over the top. Homerism please stop lol

Im a knick fan and im not calling NYK to be in the top 5 because they havent done anything yet as a team. They are in the same boat as Miami. You havent won the championship your not number 1.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-20-2011, 11:11 PM
And then who? That makes them more stacked than anyone right there. Nobody has that kind of talent on their team.

Nice. And that "talent" lost to the more talented Mavericks. Talent isn't top 3 players, it is talent from top to bottom.

ldawg
12-20-2011, 11:11 PM
What is funny is everyone saying Hornets got a good deal, That is some funny ish.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-20-2011, 11:21 PM

REST OF LEAGUE

Heat

GhostfaceDrilla
12-20-2011, 11:22 PM

1. Miami Heat

2. Thunder
3. Bulls
4. Mavs
5. Lakers
etc.

you know!

Hey have ya'll received your 2010-2011 NBA Championship Rings? Oh wait.... This is why no one likes you cocky mother ****ers. Do something before you talk ****. As far as I'm concerned, ya'll haven't done jack ****.

310Casper
12-20-2011, 11:50 PM
Seeing Nets so low its no wonder Magic is in no hurry to trade with them. That mean they get crap in return. Lopez is not worth crap. Williams Playing with Lopez and still sit at the bottom. Not sure why Howard would leave Orlando to go to the Nets. Its not Like Him and Williams can beat the top teams in the East so he would be in the same boat. Why not move to the west Howard?

You actually make a great point.

Nets will clear out a ton of talent leaving d12 with dwilliams in that tough east. They'll be a 5-8 seed at best, will never get past the other tought Easter squads.

At least in LA, he would get more limelight and take charge of the Lakers franchise with Kobe on his last legs. And you know the Lakers will get more talent for him.

This whole time i've wondered why NJ was one of his choices. Why? They are nobody, they arent the Knicks. They arent the Heat. The arent the Lakers. Whats so special about NJ?

kjoke
12-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Tha Mavs are a very good team with ot without chandler, but losing chandler is much more than skill set. You lose a big; now you are stuck with hayword and someother guy/ I think Odom will help but they need a big as much as Miami.

Heat
OKC
Mavs
Bulls

FriedTofuz
12-21-2011, 12:17 AM
I dont agree at all, the order doesnt seem logical

mttwlsn16
12-21-2011, 12:18 AM
LAC top 10 :speechless:

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-21-2011, 12:39 AM
Hey have ya'll received your 2010-2011 NBA Championship Rings? Oh wait.... This is why no one likes you cocky mother ****ers. Do something before you talk ****. As far as I'm concerned, ya'll haven't done jack ****.

LOOOOOOOL they'll never learn

Ill21
12-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Surprised how high the spurs are

sixer04fan
12-21-2011, 12:52 AM
Haha, all the comments for each team are so true!

northsider
12-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Heat are too high but, other then that it looks fine.

LakersIn5
12-21-2011, 12:59 AM

same with celtics and mavs but age doesnt determine the champion. well when was the last time that a "young" team won a championship??

2011 mavs
2010 lakers
2009 lakers
2008 celtics
2007 spurs
2006 heat (maybe?)
2005 spurs
2004 pistons

Bishnoff
12-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Lakers and Celtics too high. Clippers and Knicks too low.

Suns should be lower too. Just from the West alone, Warriors and Jazz will have better records.

seikou8
12-21-2011, 01:06 AM
same with celtics and mavs but age doesnt determine the champion. well when was the last time that a "young" team won a championship??

2011 mavs
2010 lakers
2009 lakers
2008 celtics
2007 spurs
2006 heat (maybe?)
2005 spurs
2004 pistons

wow when look at it your right

idrinkpepsi
12-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Kings are too low, Raptors are just right.

Baller1
12-21-2011, 01:13 AM
The Mavs looked pretty ****** in the two preseason games against OKC.

RaiderKid318
12-21-2011, 01:31 AM
God losing Chris Paul basically makes you suck I guess. Lol I suppose I'm the only person in the world that thinks the hornets got BETTER after this trade.

RaiderKid318
12-21-2011, 01:34 AM
I also don't think we will even get a top five pick from our pick or the t'wolves sadly :(

GhostfaceDrilla
12-21-2011, 02:31 AM
The Mavs looked pretty ****** in the two preseason games against OKC.

1. In the first game, we didn't even play the best player out of both teams.

2. This was a 2 game series where Drew Neitzel, Brian Cardinal, and Jerome Randle played big minutes.

3. It's pre-season.

Mudvayne91
12-21-2011, 02:41 AM
I think Nugs going to surprise a lot of people this year. Not too upset about the rankings though.

CousinsEvansDUO
12-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Wow this has to be the most biased power ranking of all time. How are the kings below the warriors when we destroyed them tonight. And anyone who thinks this has any truthful value to it is a fool. This is just straight up BS. After 1 preseason game you determine rankings? What idiocy is this!

310Casper
12-21-2011, 02:57 AM
Wow this has to be the most biased power ranking of all time. How are the kings below the warriors when we destroyed them tonight. And anyone who thinks this has any truthful value to it is a fool. This is just straight up BS. After 1 preseason game you determine rankings? What idiocy is this!

Your post has :facepalm: written all over it. I wont even bother..

billsftw
12-21-2011, 03:06 AM
Heat are too high but, other then that it looks fine.

i guess they are below the 1-4 ECF flopouts: Chicago Bulls

northsider
12-21-2011, 03:09 AM

Sure if that is what helps you sleep at night hahahah this guy. Love how mad he is.

GhostfaceDrilla
12-21-2011, 03:33 AM

Then how are the 2-4 Finals losers ahead of the 4-2 Finals winners?

naps
12-21-2011, 04:05 AM

I want to hear what those teams are that would crush the Heat. Sounds like familiar post from last season. What did all the teams with size do to the Heat? Big Boys? Who are they?

Who else does have LeBron, Wade, and Bosh? See how that works?

Baller1
12-21-2011, 04:13 AM
1. In the first game, we didn't even play the best player out of both teams.

2. This was a 2 game series where Drew Neitzel, Brian Cardinal, and Jerome Randle played big minutes.

3. It's pre-season.

1. This would be a valid point if Dirk hadn't played terribly today, so just sounds like a mere excuse.

2. And? We were playing with the bottom of our rotations yet against those players. Meanwhile, when the starters were in for both sides, we basically dominated both games. Oh, and when the bench was in against our bench, we won in that regard too (Harden is better than Terry at this point).

3. Once again, and? Sounds like another excuse. Even when the starters were in on both sides playing competitively, we outperformed. Lamar and Collison got into it at the end of the third, so there was obviously some competitive fire tonight.

ombada
12-21-2011, 04:20 AM

:laugh2: HAHAHA!!! Best quote ever... if i could fit this into my sig i totes would.

da ThRONe
12-21-2011, 04:27 AM
I think OKC is a little too high. Outside of that the list is pretty good to me.

cbreezy34
12-21-2011, 04:37 AM
sixers should be higher but their play will do the talking

Trueblue2
12-21-2011, 06:09 AM
Nets and blazers should be like 3 spots higher each, other than that can't really argue against it.

Rockice_8
12-21-2011, 09:54 AM
26. CAVS
27. NETS

Did Dan Gilbert send you a nasty letter too? That right there is straight up wack.

gotoHcarolina52
12-21-2011, 10:21 AM
The Bulls should be below the Pacers. Other than that, it looks good.

bbcmillionaire
12-21-2011, 10:34 AM
The Bulls should be below the Pacers. Other than that, it looks good.

-_-lol yea about that stuff in Miami water that all you heat fans are drinking...

Champs should always start off at #1, that's why the heat shouldn't ever crack the top of the list hahaha

WadeKobe
12-21-2011, 10:39 AM

You mean the Dallas team who is missing the key defensive piece that allowed them to destroy our pick n' roll defensively? Sorry. That team, without Tyson Chandler, simply is not as good as Miami.

WadeKobe
12-21-2011, 10:50 AM
This forum is so full of idiocy that it is remarkable. :facepalm:

bringbackfredex
12-21-2011, 11:17 AM
sixers should be higher but their play will do the talking

I'm going to take some heat for this, but the Sixers are going to finish at the top of the Atlantic this year.

Jrue/Turner/Thad are going to make a big jump in development, and even without trading Iggy this team is going to take some huge steps. The Celtics aren't what they used to be and health will eventually play a factor with them, and the Knicks don't even have close to the depth that the Sixers have despite having Carmelo and Amare. And it's also a short season where anything can happen.

Just imagine if they could deal Iggy for a top big man. Howard seems pretty unrealistic for just Iggy, Speights and picks, but there is a chance that the Magic won't want to deal with the Lakers because of history and the ongoing battle in the league to prevent superpowers. If that turns out to be the case, the Sixers have a lot more to give up then the Nets and pretty much anyone else in the league. Granted they probably have more than the Lakers as well prospect wise (compared to Bynum and Gasol), but not without having to get rid of key guys like Jrue, Turner, etc.

Jrue
Turner
Thad
Brand
Howard

Imagine that, that team is easily athletic enough to compete with every team in the east, with the exception of Miami. Even them though, it wouldn't be that far out of left field to picture an upset scenario (cough Dallas Mavericks). Look out for the Sixers to be a wild card to go after Howard, and even without him, to open a lot of eyes this year.

tcav701
12-21-2011, 11:26 AM
People really think the Bulls should be below the Pacers?

cubswin25
12-21-2011, 11:30 AM
This is the way I see it, my top 5

1.Mavs-defending champs who despite losing Chandler and Barea. I believe they added enough in Odom, Carter and West too still be ranked number 1. That said losing Chandler defense, rebounding and leadership on the defensive end might hurt more then people realize. Remember they have had talented offensive teams in the past and not won anything. So Chandler was a difference maker for that team. But for now they still deserve to be number 1.

2.Heat- they added a good role player in Battie that will make there defense a little tougher. Plus they are still defending EFC. But they are still have many of the same PG and C problems as they had last year. So I dunno how much better they got or how much of a difference Battie will make considering the minutes he will get behind Wade/Lebron. That said they are still a good team and should be ranked second until proven otherwise.

3.Bulls- yes I'm a Bulls fan but I think its fair to rank them ahead of the Thunder. Because they added a big piece this off season. Upgrading Rip Hamilton over Keith Bogans is going to make them so much better on offense. Hamilton gets most of his points coming off screens. But like Reggie Miller and Ray Allen, he can still score when being guarded as well. So it's not like say Kyle Korver, who can often only get his shot off when open. Because he can't put the ball on the floor or quick enough to create space to get a good shot off. Plus Rip being such a upgrade over Bogans/Korver is also going to make Rose better. Since they can't double team him as much, and Hamilton is also good passer. Not to mention the Bulls should still be the best defensive team in the NBA. Adding Hamilton could mean as much to the Bulls this season as adding Chandler to the Mavs last season.

4.Thunder-All the pieces are in place for this team to win it all and be good for a long time. It just comes down to getting better defensivly and growing as a team. Will this be the year they finally get over the hump? Well I dunno, but in the days of the so called super teams. It's nice to see a team like the Thunder who did it the right way. They remind me a lot of the early 90s Bulls. The question is can Durant take his name to another Jordan like level(well maybe not Jordan but MVP level)? Can Westbrook accept being the number 2 option like Pippen did? Well I have my doubts on both right now.

5.Lakers-I know they are old and they didn't do anything to get better this off season and lost a good player in Odom. But I still like them better then the Celtics, Grizzlies, Clippers and Knicks right now. Kobe is still very good, Gasol is still very good and Bynum still is young with tons of potential. Plus they have some good role players on that team. I think losing Phil and replacing him with Mike Brown is going to hurt come playoff time though. So I don't see another title run from this core.

THE_G.O.A.T.
12-21-2011, 11:40 AM
What does he mean Derrick Rose was "exposed"? He was beaten by a better team. He's still the best point guard in the NBA.

cubswin25
12-21-2011, 11:44 AM
You mean the Dallas team who is missing the key defensive piece that allowed them to destroy our pick n' roll defensively? Sorry. That team, without Tyson Chandler, simply is not as good as Miami.

Interesting, so does that mean the Knicks can do that to the Heat then? Or how about the Bulls adding Hamilton. You don't think he would have made a difference in those close EFC games when the Bulls offense couldn't score late in games so the Heat won? It's not like the Bulls got blown out in that series. They just couldn't score enough points in close games or score enough points to hold a lead. So they lost every game basically the same way. Adding a scoring SG to the offense makes a bit of difference. Anyways you can call out other fans all you want but your bias is quite obvious. You can't say oh Heat are better then the Mavs, because they lost Chandler. If you are going to do that then Bulls fans can say the Bulls are better now because they added Rip.

Or Knicks fans can say they are better because they got Chandler. Who you claim is the reason why the Heat should be number 1. Despite not fixing any of there holes this off season. Anyways the Mavs should still be number 1 until proven otherwise. Chandler is a big loss and they are gonna need a lot more out of Haywood. But if he plays better the combo of adding Carter, Odom and West could make them better still then the Heat just adding Battie.

justinnum1
12-21-2011, 11:49 AM
What does he mean Derrick Rose was "exposed"? He was beaten by a better team. He's still the best point guard in the NBA.

No, that would be Chris Paul

justinnum1
12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Interesting, so does that mean the Knicks can do that to the Heat then? Or how about the Bulls adding Hamilton. You don't think he would have made a difference in those close EFC games when the Bulls offense couldn't score late in games so the Heat won? You can call out other fans all you want but your bias is quite obvious. You can't say oh Heat are better then the Mavs, because they lost Chandler. If you are going to do that then Bulls fans can say the Bulls are better now because they added Rip.

Or Knicks fans can say they are better because they got Chandler. Who you claim is the reason why the Heat should be number 1. Despite not fixing any of there holes this off season. Anyways the Mavs should still be number 1 until proven otherwise. Chandler is a big loss and they are gonna need a lot more out of Haywood. But if he plays better the combo of adding Carter, Odom and West could make them better still then the Heat just adding Battie.

Maybe you win one more game with rip. But now way do i see rip putting the bulls past the heat, especially when miami added battier and there guys are healthy. Now if bulls get jrich or aa id be a little concerned.

Da Knicks
12-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Bulls and Lakers are going nowhere! Sorry. Screw these rankings, Mavs should be ranked #1, but with the lose at center position I can understand a slight drop, but freakin Miami on top lmao wow (some things never change). Come playoff time, it will be Knicks Vs Heat for the East, and Mavs Vs Thunder/(maybe Memphis, judge is still out on the Clips) for the West

Bulls are still constrained offensively compared to Miami n Knicks
Lakers, well trading Odom pretty much sealed their fate (for now)

:dance::rimshot:

bringbackfredex
12-21-2011, 11:55 AM

Debatable, between Rose, Paul, Williams, Westbrook, and potentially Wall depending on what he does this year, you can mix and match your top PG's and no one would argue with the order that you have them in.

Holiday, Rondo, and Curry will eventually be in the discussion as well.

bringbackfredex
12-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Interesting, so does that mean the Knicks can do that to the Heat then? Or how about the Bulls adding Hamilton. You don't think he would have made a difference in those close EFC games when the Bulls offense couldn't score late in games so the Heat won? It's not like the Bulls got blown out in that series. They just couldn't score enough points in close games or score enough points to hold a lead. So they lost every game basically the same way. Adding a scoring SG to the offense makes a bit of difference. Anyways you can call out other fans all you want but your bias is quite obvious. You can't say oh Heat are better then the Mavs, because they lost Chandler. If you are going to do that then Bulls fans can say the Bulls are better now because they added Rip.

Not buying into the Chandler hype until I see the finished product in New York when the season starts. Not sure how that team is going to mesh since even after Amare and Carmelo came, the team completely changed how they played the game.

Like I said, I'll take the Sixers over them and the Celtics in the Atlantic this year. As we saw in the NFL, the lockout effected free agent signings (cough Eagles) because they didn't have time to develop chemistry in camp. People are going to be surprised how things turnout this year.

ChitownSports16
12-21-2011, 12:05 PM

Thats your opinion...

Not that this matters cause its a team sport but, I would love to see a CP3 vs DR1 match up.

DR1>CP3

Korman12
12-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Pretty funny list. I like it/agree with the rankings.

Korman12
12-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Thats your opinion...

Not that this matters cause its a team sport but, I would love to see a CP3 vs DR1 match up.

DR1>CP3

They're calling him DR1 now? These NBA nicknames are really lazy.

THE_G.O.A.T.
12-21-2011, 12:14 PM

Thats your opinion, but a lot of people around the NBA would disagree with you. What does Chris Paul do better?

mjm07
12-21-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm so happy the NBA is back.

I'm a HEAT fan...my rankings should be

1. Mavs
2. Heat
3. Bulls
4. OKC

Mavs fans are entitled to gloat. Let them have there preseason #1 ranking and enjoy the rings. HEAT and their fans will be doing the same come 2012-13 season.

tcav701
12-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Thats your opinion, but a lot of people around the NBA would disagree with you. What does Chris Paul do better?

Everything other than throw up shots.

Oefarmy2005
12-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Man, I used to always like the Bulls, but their fans are getting way to cocky. I wish the Knicks have a better record than the Bulls this year - there I said. 7 is way too high for Memphis.

gotoHcarolina52
12-21-2011, 03:08 PM
(1) Miami
(2) OKC
(3) Dallas
(4) New York
(5) Chicago
(6) Memphis
(7) Boston
(8) Los Angeles Lakers
(9) San Antonio
(10) Indiana

Bob_at_york
12-21-2011, 03:25 PM
I think the team that will drop the most will be the Suns. I think they drop down to the bottom ten and could possibly drop down to the bottom 5 if they suffer injuries.

BHF
12-21-2011, 03:43 PM
the bulls are not top 5 thats all i know

justinnum1
12-21-2011, 03:55 PM

Yes they are...

Bob_at_york
12-21-2011, 04:25 PM

who is your top?

ChicagoRox
12-21-2011, 04:45 PM

Well that just shows you don't know much. They had the most wins in the regular season with major injuries, and they lost in the ECF.With no major subtractions, so that at least guarantees top 5.

My top 5

Mavs
Heat
Bulls
Thunder
Lakers

Iodine
12-21-2011, 07:19 PM

This is why I love you

Cal827
12-21-2011, 07:26 PM

:facepalm:

Also, I think Charlotte is going to have more problems next year than Toronto... well I guess 29 since Stern ain't going to let moneymaker lose out in a lotto lol

Boston should be ahead of LA, but Memphis and possibly NY should be above both them. Both teams are old.. and I really feel that both could quite possibly end up first round knock outs.

northsider
12-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Yes they are...

:speechless: WAIT WHAT?!?!

nolafan33
12-22-2011, 12:12 AM
After the two game preseason (I know, it's preseason but still) the Hornets have shown they aren't as bad as people think, not even close.

da ThRONe
12-22-2011, 12:20 AM
After the two game preseason (I know, it's preseason but still) the Hornets have shown they aren't as bad as people think, not even close.

Save this line and try again in 2-2.5 weeks. We will see the truth then.

nolafan33
12-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Save this line and try again in 2-2.5 weeks. We will see the truth then.

I really don't think we need too.

We don't have that "star" power but we have great depth at every position aside from PG. I mean we have Chris Kaman coming off the bench.

Hornets will shock a lot of people this year.