PDA

View Full Version : Rockets out ($), Kings back in sweepstakes for Dalembert

Wade>You
12-20-2011, 05:07 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/20/report-rockets-out-of-the-dalembert-sweepstakes-kings-in/
Samuel Dalembert is the best free agent big out there on the market right now.

Problem for him is the market is shrinking and he may not get paid like he hoped.

The Houston Rockets are out of the running, tweets David Aldridge of TNT and NBA.com.

Sources: Rockets, at the moment, taking a pass ($) on Dalembert, leaving return to Kings as s possibility.

That the Rockets are out says a lot about what Dalembert is asking — right now they have Jordan Hill as the best center on their roster. Houston is desperate for a big, yet they walked away.

Remember that Dalembert was on the Heat’s radar but thought that the mid-level exception ($5 million per year) was not going to be enough. He’s a good defensive center who wants to get paid.

Right now the Kings can offer the most money (Bird rights) but what is their motivation? This is a small market team that doesn’t want to be bidding against themselves. After that there are some teams with the mid-level (not the Heat, Shane Battier got it) but that’s about it.

Don’t be shocked if Dalembert ends up with a shorter-term deal (two year with an opt-out after one?) so he can try this again next year.Dalembert needs to lower his expectations for a contract. If everyone thought you were overpaid at $11mil/yr, you're not gonna get a raise.

llemon
12-20-2011, 05:16 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/20/report-rockets-out-of-the-dalembert-sweepstakes-kings-in/Dalembert needs to lower his expectations for a contract. If everyone thought you were overpaid at $11mil/yr, you're not gonna get a raise.

Hawks for 1 year MLE might be a good match.

spreadeagle
12-20-2011, 05:17 PM
called this one lol

Raps08-09 Champ
12-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Come to ****ing Canada man.

The_Jamal
12-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Come back home Dally!

TylerSL
12-20-2011, 05:26 PM
I hope he ends up in Miami

Khri
12-20-2011, 05:31 PM
I hope he ends up in Miami

No thank you, don't want him.

TylerSL
12-20-2011, 05:35 PM

Please explain to me why?

He wont accept a min so we could try to do a S&T although I dont have my hopes up. It all depends on if he is willing to take a MLE from Sacramento and if Sacramento wants a backup center and a 3 point shooting PG. We could try to give

House+Anthony for Dalembert

Again I am not saying this is going to happen, but thats the only way he could, but I would love Dalembert on this team.

PG.Chalmers/Cole
SG.Wade/Miller
SF.Lebron/Battier/Jones
PF.Bosh/Haslem/Howard
C.Dalmebert/Pittman

That would beast it. I dont understand why you wouldnt want him.....

Dade County
12-20-2011, 05:40 PM

Why not?

TylerSL
12-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Why not?

thats what I said

Corey
12-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Hmm.

Is it still considered a 'sweepstakes' when the 'prize' is a mediocre player?

sjbirds
12-20-2011, 05:44 PM
the title mad me laugh!! a sweepstakes for daly?? bahahaha

TylerSL
12-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Hmm.

Is it still considered a 'sweepstakes' when the 'prize' is a mediocre player?

I think he is above average. However, I do agree that it shouldnt be called a "sweepstakes" when really one 1 team is even considering giving him the money he is asking for (Kings).

H-town Mastodon
12-20-2011, 05:56 PM
It does make me wonder why Houston, a team who has to use Jordan Hill and Hasheem Thabeet as centers decided to back off Dalembert must mean he is asking for way more than he really is worth...I blame the market for centers

TylerSL
12-20-2011, 05:59 PM
It does make me wonder why Houston, a team who has to use Jordan Hill and Hasheem Thabeet as centers decided to back off Dalembert must mean he is asking for way more than he really is worth...I blame the market for centers

Because he wants 11 million/year

Lab Rat Robby
12-20-2011, 06:00 PM
i've been searching for the dalembert to sign with spurs article since the lockout ended. with spencer hawes and kwame brown gone, amnesty over, and mcdyess retired. it's dalembert or take a shot with a d league stud. Duncan, Blair, Splitter need a fourth guy and i really don't want him to be Matt Bonner.

Celticsfan2007
12-20-2011, 06:02 PM
This dude needs to recognize!

Sign a 1yr vet min with the C's. You can back up JO

FarOutIos
12-20-2011, 06:04 PM

More than likely, it is not that he wants $11 million per year... but that he wants to play for a winner. While Houston has a good team, they are not an elite team.

He probably wants to play for LAL, MIA, DAL, etc etc... Only problem is that those teams didn't make him the priority. So now he is faced with the dilemma of playing for more money on a team less likely to contend... or less money for a team more likely to contend.

What I want to know is... are contenders even considering signing him? Do any of the contenders still need him? Do they have any cap space to sign him?...

FriedTofuz
12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
PSD Is funny. Sweepstakes? :laugh2: And heat fans, why wouldnt you want dalembert, hes a clear upgrade over joel anthony.

Wade>You
12-20-2011, 06:28 PM
PSD Is funny. Sweepstakes? :laugh2: And heat fans, why wouldnt you want dalembert, hes a clear upgrade over joel anthony.Check the title of the article lol ;)

FriedTofuz
12-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Check the title of the article lol ;)

Thats pretty sad, Gilbert Arenas is still available, so I beg to differ.

Wrigheyes4MVP
12-21-2011, 12:28 AM
As a Kings fan, I have mixed feelings about this guy.

On one hand, I think we need a legit defensive center this year. On the other hand, I don't want Dalembert long term at all.

I am just really pissed about the whole Chuck Hayes thing. He was a perfect fit for our team, and now we might have to settle for Dalembert at a higher price.

I'd probably rather just take a chance this year without him and just draft a big next offseason.

But, then again, if the price is right...then what the hell...sign him.

beasted86
12-21-2011, 12:57 AM
Dalembert is pretty good at what he does -- defense, rebounding -- but any team who breaks the bank or jeopardizes their long term cap space on him is a fool... and I agree with above posters, this isn't a sweepstakes.

I guess the lockout did some good and owners are thinking a little before overpaying someone, then tacking on 5 years to boot...

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-21-2011, 02:22 AM
I apologize, I did not see this thread. Please move the other thread.

Wade>You
12-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Sammy's close to signing with the Kings.